Who Uses This Software?
Lumen5 is beneficial for any brands and businesses looking to get serious with content marketing, and with video content in particular.
Average Ratings84 reviews
- Overall 4.5 / 5
- Ease of Use 5 / 5
- Customer Service 4.5 / 5
- Features 4.5 / 5
- Value for Money 4.5 / 5
- Free Version Yes
- Free Trial No
Cloud, SaaS, Web
- Founded 2016
Lumen5 is a video creation platform designed for brands and businesses to produce social content for driving audience engagements online. The goal of the platform is to allow anyone without training or experience to easily create engaging video content within minutes. Our technology enables marketing teams to focus on the story and narrative while relying on our system to do the heavy lifting.
- For Healthcare
- For Sales
- For eCommerce
- Predictive Analytics
- Process/Workflow Automation
- Virtual Personal Assistant (VPA)
- Audience Targeting
- Brand Management
- Campaign Management
- Conversion Tracking
- Distribution Management
- Editorial Calendar
- Multi-Channel Publishing
- Publish Scheduling
- SEO Management
- Social Media Management
- Video Management
Lumen5 Most Helpful Reviews
Reviewed on 13/07/2018
Easy way to convert blog posts to videos
Here's what I liked about Lumen5
1. Creating a video is pretty straightforward: After signing up, you'll be taken to your dashboard. Click on the create video button, after which you'll be shown 3 options, create a video from an article or blog post, copy & paste your content, or create a video from scratch. 2. Instant Videos: According to Lumen5 "These are intelligently crafted videos based on your blog posts." to create an instant video you'll have to add at least 1 RSS feed. After adding a feed you'll get the notification "Successfully added! We're analyzing that feed and will send you an email when we have videos ready." It took roughly 5 minutes to receive the email but instead of waiting for the email, after two minutes I refreshed the instant videos page and there were already draft videos from my blog posts. I could then edit their suggestions and tailor it to my needs. 3. Media Gallery: Lumen5 had their gallery of images, stock music and gifs which I could use to make my videos. I liked that I could upload my own images. 4. Video Orientation: I liked that I could make a landscape 16:9 video, or a square 1:1 video. 5. Video length: Lumen5 lets you choose what speed you want the "slides" to play at, this determines the length of the video. You can choose fast, slow or normal. The number of slides also determines how long your video would be.
1. Instant Videos: I added 2 RSS feeds to Lumen5, one was to my LGBT book blog and the other was to my marketing blog. I wanted to see what intelligent videos they would create and while the video for my marketing blog was good, the videos for my book blog was horrible.
The images suggested did not match any of the blog posts. This is probably because while they have a good media gallery, the images are mostly generic or marketing related, so I had to replace all the images in the video.
What I think should be done: I think they need to add more diversity to the images in their media gallery. I know there is an option to upload my own image but I still think they need to have a varied selection of images that can be used for non-marketing related videos. I also think they need to improve their AI to select suitable images for a video. 2. Video Speed/Lenght: Currently the length of the video depends on the number of slides and the video speed, ie fast, slow or normal. However, if you choose "fast" this speed is applied to all the slides.
What I think should be done: I'd like to be able to vary the speed of each slide, there are some slides I'd like to be longer than the rest because it might have a lot more info than other slides, or because I want people to take an action or notice something specific. I'd rather not have all the slides play slowly.
Reviewed on 07/01/2019
The best social media platform video.
Comments: I needed to create videos with my personal style. Luxury content with music of the highest quality harmonious, cultural and inspiring. With Lumen5 I can do all this, creating videos with text content and images, or just images, or just texts, and the best, combining my ideas according to Lumen's own image and video library! It is wonderful! It has mainly Hard Rock music to serve as soundtrack for my videos! I love you guys! Please feed the platform with more images and videos from Malibu, Los Angeles, California.
Pros: Lumen5 is the best video creation platform available. I feel happy and grateful to have been one of the first users in the community. I remember that I needed to create videos from my content for #LuxuryDistrict on Instagram and Youtube, but I did not know how to start. Suddenly I received an invitation from team, introducing the launch of the platform! I love you guys! I wish you all the blessings and success ever! Congratulations!
Cons: When the branding color palette was only put to premium users. But its alright! Lumen5 is evolving every day! Congratulations!
Reviewed on 12/02/2019
Lumen 5 for Easy Peasy Videos.
Comments: I've added videos to my Facebook groups and web pages. I upload to YouTube. My focus isn't on videos -- I do lots of writing, images, videos and more. BUT I spend a few hours, do a video or two and they really catch attention of my followers. Lumen makes it a fun experience for me!
Pros: I really like this software as I can enter a URL from my site, or a cut and paste from a document on my computer -- and BAM, Lumen makes a video. Lumen sends an email when the video is done -- they select the important parts of the page that you'd likely want in the video. They split up the page into slides. They also automatically pick images for each slide, and places the text on it. It's really a pretty nice process... so easy peasy! I always edit. I change many of images as they auto-select images from their massive library of images, but I prefer finding my own and I enjoy that part of making the video look like it flows nicely. Some of the images are gif images that move... so the video goes image to image and also some frames have the leaves on the tree moving in the breeze, or a person smiles or waves. I like really that. I sometimes change the text selected automatically by the app. I delete a slide, add another, and change the highlighted text... just depends. I also always add music. You can search by the mood of the music so its relatively easy to pick one that fits nicely. Even if they added Voice Over (my "con" in this review), I'd still want music in the background.
Cons: I need a voice over option -- and that's my problem right now. I'd like to use these videos for Udemy classes and more, but I need to speak as I go. I hope they offer this soon in an upgrade!
Reviewed on 14/12/2018
Viral videos aren't just about being funny. They're about identity creation.
Comments: Lumen 5 is a great little tool to make quick videos to add to our blog posts or use as a post promotion on a variety of social media platforms.This is SO cool and informative
October 4, 2017 at 4:16 pm
I have been wanting to find an easy program or app to create short videos but many seem complicated for me, but Lumen5 Surprised me.A skill that helped me interpret information in a rational way and manage information for a given time Duration. load of a lot of feature and components are available. plus This software allows to create short videos from the website / Blog links, by entering the website/Blog URL post and utilizing their special Features to create a script for our video.
3.Easily access millions of photos available at your finger tips.
4.Choose from thousands of free audio files and background music tracks
5.Upload your own logo and display
8.Animation etc... Can make the entire video creation process simple and intuitive
Cons: It Requires Excellent Connection When creating videos. Video results is great if you have a great connection too..
Reviewed on 25/05/2019
AI for video creation
Engaging videos were more likely to be shared on social media. This makes videos very powerful for content marketers and publishers on Facebook.
Lumen5 makes video creation really simple and straightforward. It makes a video from an URL or pasted text by suggesting suitable images from the library, based on keywords.
1. Problems with RSS feeds for video creation.
2. Not possible to apply different speed across slides.
3. No voice over option.