15 years helping Australian businesses

About WebPT

Document, schedule, bill, and market to your patients with WebPT, the leading software platform for outpatient physical therapists.

Learn more about WebPT

Pros:

From what our Provider says, that’s because it’s user friendly on their end, as well.

WebPT ratings

4.3
4.2
4.1
4.1

8.1/10

WebPT has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 470 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used WebPT before?

Shoshana Malka
Shoshana Malka
Project Coordinator in Israel
Medical Practice, 11–50 Employees

WebPT Review by Physical Therapy clinic

Comments: I use WebPT daily because I get authorization for the patients that are doing Physical Therapy in our clinic. I review the notes and use the information to submit my authorization requests. We see approximately 20-30 patients a day so I'm looking over a lot of WebPT therapy notes.

Pros:

It has very clear templates and it's easy to find information. The records are very easy for even a layperson to understand, but thorough enough that the insurance companies easily provide authorization for services. Even when we need to have a substitute from an agency they are able to plug the information into the note and keep to the format we are used to thanks to WebPT

Cons:

I don't like that it costs money to integrate each aspect separately, we currently have an account you can't use for billing. I also can't see the calendar view so if the name of a patient is misspelled it's hard to pull up their account.

Jeanette
Jeanette
President in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

WebPT is good BUT expensive!

Comments: Decent experience. Very functional but tedious with time consumption. There are a lot better options available with more inclusive features for less cost.

Pros:

Easy to understand. Able to create evaluation and treatment templates so that you didn't have to write the same verbiage. Could carry over notes from the time before.

Cons:

Expensive. Require multiple tabs open for the same patient because the SOAP note and the exercise flowsheet were not on the same page. It took 15-20 minutes to complete a note because of toggling between multiple tabs. Offered a lot of features for exercises and CRM but all extra features were a la carte. The expense for a solo practitioner and then to add users was too expensive. It would have been better to charge per number of visits per month vs. number of users. EMR and billing integration was not as synced as should have bee.

Loretta
Support Staff in US
Medical Practice, 51–200 Employees

It's good but goes down a lot

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: It's good but we all go crazy when it goes down for hours. We can't schedule anyone take copays or send authorization requests out for patients

Pros:

Scheduling is easy and charting is good. Lots of ways to do each function.

Cons:

It goes down a lot. Once it was down for the whole day and we had 16 medical offices that could do nothing. Usually it goes down for about 2 hours every week and/or experiences slowness. It will tell you that it's overloaded with "requests" for access. Support is non existent.

Steve
Director of Business Development in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Declining in value and quality

2.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Chaotic. Clunky. Once your signed up, it can feel like you are without a safety net when EMR issues arise.

Pros:

The EMR pushes work flow during an evaluation.

Cons:

Customer service is absolutely awful. Slow to respond and issues are rarely addressed in a timely manner. Onboarding a new clinician is far more difficult than it should be. This should be an easy process, but often WebPT makes the process painstaking. Features often do not work. We waited nearly a year to have the waitlist feature fixed which is a critical means to track new referrals. As a result, we had to hand track new clients using a separate technology to ensure we did not lose business. Often unreliable due to outages or downtime. We have adopted "downtime" policies and procedures that we have had to use far more often than ever anticipated. Cost is not worth the overall product value and the cost is increasing per information presented by WebPT over the past month.

Tameka
Office Manager in US

Meets All Your PT Needs

Comments: Over all it was a good experience. I would not be opposed to using it again.

Pros:

Web PT made documentation needs easy and direct even for those new to charting. The templets available to craft notes and documentation requirements is better than other platforms used.

Cons:

I did not like that the Thera bill feature was not all in one platform. Although the two are linked is not very convenient to use another web-based system to submit claims.

Heidi
Physical Therapist and Owner in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Great PT EMR

Comments: Works well for what I need. Reminds me when progress notes are coming due even though I don’t use the scheduling part of the product, keeps track of plan or care dates and ability to customize is just flexible enough without getting overly complicated.

Pros:

Responsiveness to assistance and updating product based on feedback.

Cons:

1- Previous measures do not carry over into new progress notes in SOAP 2.02-SOAP 2.0 documents print out/ fax layout takes up too much space and pages. 3- No option to email or securely send documents other than fax.

Clifford
CEO, Physical Therapist in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

WebPT Review

Comments: My experience has been good overall with a few things to complain about, but overall it's a good experience.

Pros:

I like the ease of use of WebPT. I like the non-contract nature (month to month basis). I like how professional the documentation looks.

Cons:

I don't like the adding physician feature and adding insurance feature. It's not as fluid as I would like. I also don't like that at times discharged cases show up upon logging in under a client's name if they have multiple cases on file. I called WebPT to try to address this so that only the current case pulls up first so that we don't have to toggle back to current from a discharged case, but that was to no avail as no one was able to get me an answer. I don't like that patient's cannot book their own appointment's through a public portal.

Casey
Billing Director in US

Easy access to information

Comments: We solve issues with documentation. We can produce patient charts to patients or agencies that need them quickly. It has been a boon for this reason!

Pros:

The product is easy to use and integrates almost seamlessly with Therabill. Additionally, having all patient information in one application versus many is ideal to providing the patient the best possible care.

Cons:

Sometimes the reminders do not get sent to patient and following updates WebPT is sometimes down for significant time.

irene
billing in US

great and easy EMR

Comments: great easy , easy to use and show how to use

Pros:

easy of use . I can use it mobile also. web pt send out reminder text and email to patients . all the medical documents are in one coinvent place. and if you need to move it to different tabs its easy and you dont need to print and scan it all over again

Cons:

reminder text / emails to be in diff languages also the schedule to be able to print and email ( also in diff language _

Jami
Secretary/biller in US

webpt

Comments: very user friendly

Pros:

easy to use reminds pts about appointments

Cons:

does not intergrate with all billing systems

Brian
Owner, CEO HARTZ Physical Therapy in US
Medical Practice, 11–50 Employees

WebPT review from a private outpatient practice with 3 offices

Comments: We have been using WebPT for 3 years. From implementation it has been a smooth transition and the WebPT support staff has been nothing short of amazing. The following is a breakdown of our experience: The Cons (if you can call them that): We found the flow sheet and home exercise aspect very cumbersome and not user friendly and from the get go decided to avoid it all together. For our clinic it probably works better as we still use a 1 page written flow sheet for our daily treatments. We do not utilize our EMR while treating patients so having flow sheets may be old fashioned but still works well. When our patient is discharged we just scan the flow sheet and any home exercises given to our patients into the eDocs. In addition, we are not currently using WebPT's billing software as we started before they developed the program. We started with Kareo on WebPT's recommendation, and it has sufficed. I would say there were more growing pains with Kareo in the beginning, but now we are managing fine. I think in the not too distant future we will be looking to transition to the WebPT platform. Pros: WebPT is VERY user friendly, our staff adjusted very fast and has not only embraced the implementation but has prospered since using it. Average daily notes take 2 minutes and evaluations approximately 10 minutes. Our productivity has increased throughout our clinic as well decreasing internal errors especially with billing. WebPT is ALWAYS up to date with any changes coming to the profession from ICD10 to PQRS. In addition, I find the webinars very relevant to private practice PT. WebPT is dedicated to the PT profession as a whole and strongly supports the APTA. Customer service is paramount when implementing any EMR system and WebPT excels in this, but what is more impressive is that the outstanding customer service continues every day whether being a new customer or being 3 years in. I think what best defines a company is how it responds to a problem or error. My clinic, unfortunately, had a significant PQRS reporting problem that was 100% WebPT's error. While being frustrated with the error (and let's be honest - PQRS in general) the WebPT staff starting with Heidi Jannenga, CEO who personally called and addressed the situation, took full responsibility and made no excuses. Within 1 week we had a resolution and plan in place - are you kidding me - 1 week - amazing! As a result of that, I will always be an advocate of WebPT!

Pros:

see review Customer service Ease of use Innovation of company Customer service Customer service

Cons:

see review Flow sheet/ home exercise program

Danita
Owner/Physical Therapist in US
Medical Practice, Self Employed

WebPT destroyed a portion of my patient's medical documents

Comments: WebPT is the first EMR that I have used for my office. First of all it is not cheap and it makes me frustrated that I am not getting what I am paying for. My account is never credited if there are server issues and/or other problems that occur and are not resolved. They just give you empty promises the problems will be fixed and hope that you will eventually forget about them.

Pros:

WebPT allows me to get my daily notes done in a more timely fashion and it works well with my billing company so billing is done on a daily basis.

Cons:

WebPT has problems and when you call to make them aware of the problems if it is of a simple nature it will be taken care of but if it is of a difficult nature it will not be taken care of. I have reported problems to them a couple of years ago and they continue to occur and they have never been fixed. More recently they are having problems with documenting cancellations and no shows which they were not even aware of. I made them aware of the problem and they claim it will be referred to their Tier Two team and it has been a month or longer and the issue has not been resolved and eventually it is just ignored. So I lost a portion of my patient's chart and it cannot be reviewed and/or recovered. Their faxing capabilities only work with a small amount of information but patient's charts depending on how long the patient is seen can be a large amount of information and I have to figure out another way to get the requested documentation another way such as burning it to a disc. Initial evaluations take hours to put in and that is not efficient! There are times I sit on the phone waiting for them to respond to my call and I have been on the phone for 30 minutes or longer! I have more complaints but I do not have the space or the time to sit here and type all of those issues up for you to read.

Jan
Admin. Assistant in US

Webpt for ParkerPT

Comments: We have loved the product that is why we considered expanding services with billing. The ease of access and management of the data is great.

Pros:

The best feature initial was the ability to house all medical record information in one spot. No more paper was another great benefit. This freed up so much office space helps in keeping information confidential. We don't have to worry about archival or record disposal any more. We also loves how this product was created specifically for Physical Therapy. It made setup and use so easy.

Cons:

I wish billing was available when we began using and now when we looked into the process was so cumbersome and difficult to find the time to implement. We have given up. The information requested was about providing insurance company information, why can't you pull this from WebPT?? Maybe have on-boarding meeting where you collect the information to setup billing. Seemed like we were required to do all the work to setup and who has time like that when running a business. There has to be an easier way.

Bhairvi
Owner/PT in US

An Average product

Pros:

WebPT allows to keep all the documents together with facility of eDocs where scripts and all other documents can be scanned in to make a folder. It also allows to fax documents without need to download.

Cons:

Customer Service: very poor, mainly requires you to email them and then wait for their mercy for them to get in touch with you. It can take a week to 2 to resolve issues as you cannot speak to a person directly. Sometimes you do get lucky if someone actually answers the phone. Scheduling: The service is average, it does not count the number of sessions you have used for the patient. So you cannot just function just using scheduling, you will have to go back to documents to see how many sessions patient was authorized and how many they have used. System failure: Usually their downtimes/maintainence are off work hours but in the last 2 years of using WebPT when system has been down during regular working hours, they have failed to notify you in advance and all of a sudden you are working on notes and scheduling the system just goes off. Also there is no backup or does not even let you access schedule to call patients, leaving you practically useless and crippled.

Diana
Owner/ PT clinic director in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

ReissPT LOVES WebPT

Comments: I love WebPT. From [sensitive content hidden] to all the customer service representatives and technicians Thank you ! You make good and useful updates because you listen to your users.

Pros:

I love that all my needs as a private practice owner and as a physical therapist are meet under one roof that is WebPT

Cons:

I would like to track and schedule non insurance. Services Such as wellness or other cash services. Maybe I just don’t know how but I want to set up reminders for those people etc I have to made a chart for the internal payments collection and billing and often I want a one time only option. Call me to discuss

Sarah
Physical THerapist/ Owner in US

Poor Customer Service, Very overpriced compared to other options

Comments: Poor to Fair. Even when we were customers the service side was not very good.

Pros:

It is designed for physical therapy, so that is helpful. THE software is good, the customer service is not.

Cons:

When we transitioned from WebPT to a different provider, they were very unhelpful in the transition, to the point of with holding our export of records, not returning phone calls or emails and being very dismissive and almost ellusive about what we needed to do to make a smooth transition to a new company. No one likes customers to leave, I realize, however I would have expected a more professional approach.

Medical Practice, 2–10 Employees

Using WebPT in a private practice.

Comments: Once I got used to the system documenting was a breeze. I will be honest it takes time getting used to each EMR but WebPT was pretty quick. I had in down in a couple weeks. The first few weeks though were frustrating and I was not sure why we were using this new EMR, but after I became proficient I was glad we got it.

Pros:

I love that the software can combine scheduling, billing, and documentation. This saved us a lot time. I really enjoy that you can load specific plans in the objective form. For example a form for a RTC tear will be very different from a TKA. So being able to make customized plans for specific diagnosis saves time and saving time documenting means you get to spend more time with each patient. Once a note is done you can easily access it for each patient that is simple and easy to read in the classic SOAP note format. I love that I can access their database from any computer with a secure login.

Cons:

The software can be repetitive with some of the boxes that you need to check. I will be honest I get too many emails from them but I don't want to unsubscribe because about 2/5 are very important ones with updated information for the software.

Maureen
Owner in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Backoncourse

Comments: Positive experience

Pros:

On boarding was good, customer support was very good, quality of product is excellent

Cons:

At times the information does not flow over from Webpt to therabill

Shirley
Biller in US

Recommend!

Pros:

This software is easy to use, easy to explain, and integrates well with our separate billing software. It automatically calculates the cap with associated MPPR rates which helps us keep track of the patient Medicare cap. The records are nicely formatted and you can tweek your settings to make documentation more efficient.

Cons:

My biggest complaint about this product is having Medicare as a MSP. When Medicare is used secondary, it calculates the cap as if it were primary and does not allow therapists to enter the functional reporting G-Codes to their evaluations, recerts, etc. and this is an issue for our practice. We have reached out to WebPT and they could not suggest anything that would help, rather than something that would make it more confusing and our documentation less compliant. Hoping this becomes a feature in the near future as they are continually improving their software.

Daniel
US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Poor customer service and questionable integrity!

Comments: I scheduled a free demonstration for 9:00 am today and was told that I would receive a call from the presenter. Received a confirmation email this morning just prior to 9:00 but no phone call. At 9:30 I more closely read the confirmation email which had instructions for me to call in and enter a meeting access code. I called customer service informing them of my confusion and to request another appointment. I was told that the presenter tried to call me but there was not answer. I explained that the confirmation email instructed me to call into the meeting and so I asked whether or not I need to call in or will I receive a call. The customer service person insisted that I will not need to call in but that the presenter will call me. So I agreed to a rescheduled presentation for tomorrow. Soon after I received a new email confirming my rescheduled appointment and once again given instructions to call in and provide an access code. I again called and spoke to the same woman and read her the new email I had just received but again she insisted that I would be called. By then I received an email response from the presenter who I messaged regarding the missed appointment and he wrote that he sent me the confirmation email at 9:00 but did not call until 10 minutes later (which I did not receive). By that time I told the woman to just cancel the appointment and that I would go with another EMR company. Very disappointing lack of customer service and questionable honesty. Not the kind of people I want to do business with.

WebPT Response

8 years ago

Hi Dan, I'm sorry that we've had such trouble connecting! I spoke with both the sales rep who scheduled your demo as well as the customer service rep you mentioned. It sounds like there may have been a miscommunication on how the demo process works. We would love the chance to make this up to you, if you are still interested. Feel free to email me at [email protected], and I will personally work to set this demo up for you. Again, my apologies. We truly strive to give our customers (and prospective users!) the best customer service. I hope to hear from you soon. Best, Emily

Jeff
US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Comments: As a physical therapist practicing for over 28 years, I have managed various PT facilites, treated in many settings, and have used many different documentation systems. I decided to open my own private practice last year and one of the best decisions I made was to use WebPT as my EMR! I researched and studied many systems and WebPT was at the head of the pack in so many ways. From compliance, to ease of use, to customer service - WebPT is outstanding! WebPT "thinks" like a therapist because it is written, updated, and supported by therapists. I have told many of my colleagues "WebPT is so intuitive." I currently have a PT student in my facility and she states WebPT is so much better than the competition. WebPT is set up to prevent the therapist from making costly compliance mistakes by preventing you from finalizing a document if it does not comply with Medicare requirements. I am truly thankful for this feature!!!! I could go on and on praising WebPT for a long time, but let me just point out a few other reasons why I think WebPT is stellar. CPT coding, PQRS, Functional Reporting are all a snap. IE, Progress Reports and DC integration of information is excellent. The faxing feature is fast and reliable. The ability to use standardized testing options is easy and comprehensive. The tests are easily correlated to functional Reporting and the G-codes. The Smart Text feature is wonderful. The technical and "Success" teams are responsive and very helpful. They are kind and take time to explain any question you have. I have and will continue to recommend WebPT to others. I have absolutely zero regrets in choosing WebPT. If you are a serious therapist who desires the ability to use excellent ready to use evaluation templates or want to create your own evaluation templates; if you are serious about compliance and about capturing all the revenue you have earned in treating your patients; if you want to be proud of your EMR system and of the company that operates, updates, and maintains the system - then choose WebPT as your EMR provider. You will not regret your decision!!

Catherine
President in US

PT documentation

Comments: Overall, I am pleased with the product- more so the support that the team provides with current compliance in the documentation software an the support of the Executive team in training of rehab issues. Lately the phone support, chat support and email support have been slow- but like many other companies, staff is likely the main issue.

Pros:

The calendar and scheduling options are easy to use.

Cons:

The daily write ups are ok, I wish we could customize the options and simplify the write ups a bit more.

Jason
owener in US

Webpt experience

Comments: every year it gets better , customer service is outstanding

Pros:

soap notes template saved and easy to access , staff is training is fast because its easy to follow and understand

Cons:

even though they update the tracking on what your staff does ei the making and deleting of an appointment just to look at what you just did in a simple form is what we wanted , its still very hard to understand what the person did on the report

Peggy
PT, LMT, President in US
Hospital & Health Care, Self Employed

Loved WebPT so much, I chose it for my own clinic!

Pros:

Integrated notes without redundancies. Professional looking documentation that is easy to send to drs and case managers. Integrates with Therabill for billing.

Cons:

Sometimes it takes a long time or several attempts to bring up a new note for a patient.

Matt
Used the Software for: Not provided

Comments: Change Sports Physical Therapy is in Huntington Beach, CA. I am a solo practitioner at the moment. WebPT has enabled my small operation to be backed by a bigger system. I have been using WebPT for a couple years now. I realy enjoy using it. I've used other EMRs in the past and they were very cumbersome- filled with meaningless checkboxes which you had to navigate through. I love WebPT because it allows you to write in as little or as much as you want, while still catching and alerting you of any documentation necessities for Medicare. I tend to be descriptive in my notes and write a lot of freehand. WebPT allows me to write what I want to write. The documents are very professional looking. I feel good sending out the evaluation forms to doctors. The evaluations are customizable to fit what I want to document. The number of special tests and other objective measures are vast and have also given me ideas for other tests that I might want to be looking at. One feature that I love is the ability to fax straight from the application. I use my iPad in the clinic a lot, and I can fax over Initial Evals right after I complete them with 2 clicks. It also makes sending documentation to WC companies a breeze. Customer support is always awesome. I can easily add or remove PT access to WebPT in case I have someone covering for me. I don't have any complaints in customer service. If there is one down side, for me it would be the time it takes me to set up a patient. Since I am by myself, I am entering in every entry. I would like to see a funciton where patients could sign up online and fill in all their information that would then be transfered over to my application. That way I could completely eliminate the entry of patient info. Maybe an idea for the future- On that same note- I love that they are continually updating the application to make it better. Since it is web based, they can make instant modifications and there is not need to upload new software or purchase an upgrade.