SimplifyEm Reviews

by SimplifyEm.com

Filter by:

• Overall

About SimplifyEm

Property management software for property managers, landlords and real estate investors. Property management made easy!

Learn more about SimplifyEm

Jennifer G.
Landlord
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2017

"SimplifyEm Simplified My Life"

Comments: I am an accidental owner of rental property, and SimplifyEm has truly made it easy.  The ability to easily track all of the information and being able to generate a tax report at the end of the year has taken the fear of failing a tax audit.  It has reduced my paperwork significantly, and there are fewer errors as SimplifyEm keeps track of every aspect of the management of our property.

Pros: SimplifyEm allows property managers and landlords to keep track of a multitude of their responsibilities including work orders and repairs, rent/lease payments, lease documents, create invoices, track deadlines, and many more features.  SimplifyEm also allowed me to send emails, rent reminders, rent receipts, and notices.  SimplifyEm’s ease of use is one of its best features.  The interface makes it intuitive to use to even those like me who aren’t experts in technology.  The software seamlessly works with Excel and QuickBooks, so you can export to those programs easily if necessary.

Cons: Initially, when I started using the software, I had to call support couple of times. They were quick in answering my questions or responding to me on weekends. I wish they would add phone support over the weekend as some of us like to catch on some work on weekends.  SimplifyEm has many features such as work orders that are not of value to a property owner like me. If there is a way to hide these features, it will make the application even more easy to use.

• Reviewed on 14/10/2017
Stephen H.
Computer consultant
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2017

"Easy to use property management software"

Comments: If you aren’t tech savvy and want to save time each month, this software will help you a lot. I like it as it has made property management job easy.

Pros: Simplifyem is a simple and straightforward property management software. Everything is categorized in sections so you’ll never get confused especially if you’re not tech savvy like myself. It’s easy to set everything up and doesn’t take long. There’s a bunch of reports and I love how they’re so easy to run. At the end of the month, I can quickly send out owner statements. I also send out rent receipts to all my tenants in bulk all at once just by a single button so I’m not doing them one by one like how I used to. My tenants also send maintenance requests through their portals which is really convenient because I can just create a work order and assign it to a vendor right away. Customer Service is great! They walked me through on setting up online payments. They even offered to set them up for me at no extra cost. My tenants now pay on time and some don’t need to login each month since they’re setup on automatic withdrawals. This really helps when paying my owners online as well.

Cons: None, software works as expected and the functionality is easy to use which will be of a benefit to non tech savvy users

• Reviewed on 31/07/2017
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2019

"Great cloud Property Management Solution"

Comments: Because I paid for a lifetime membership at the lower tier, I can say that it suits my business needs just fine. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a great solution to their PM business.

Pros: What drew me to this software was the price to value ratio. I had been researching for some time how to get the best value for my money when using PM software for my PM business. I had been using other software in the past but they lacked the functions that this one offered. I have been using this software for more than 3 years now and have not looked back. It offers me to send owner's all kinds of reports, log expenses and income accurately and much more.

Cons: I would say that the price for the higher tiers need to come down. There are some functions that the lower tiers would need that should be included in those tiers.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2019
Chantal M.
  • Reviewed on 11/04/2017

"I am on the fence about this software."

Pros: It is easy enough to use expect for the part of managing leases for Ontario, Canada.
Easy set up of new properties, landlords and tenants.

Cons: You need to get a 1-800 number so I can call at any time but because I am a Canadian client, I am not able to call the U.S with my phone plan. Emails don't always get conveyed properly.
Need to have a choice to the lease information whether you have a security deposit or last month's rent deposit. The latter is missing. This would make our process so much easier.
Need to have an auditing trail with your software so mistakes can easily be found.
I was once told that I had to pay for your bookkeeper to find an error I made...luckily I was able to find the problem and fix.
If a mistake was entered, you should be able to reverse it...your system does not always allow this.
Biggest con my clients and I have is that if a tenant is using last month's rent or is late paying their rent for a particular month, your owner statement should show their name at least, even if no $$ is present. This is a MUST and I hope you but this change in your next release.

by Jessica on 26/04/2017

Hi Chantal, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are happy you found the software easy to setup and use. It looks like we could have done a better job meeting your needs as a Canadian user though.

Security deposits are currently supported for U.S. situations. Last month rent deposit can be tracked, but it could be handled more smoothly for the Canadian market. Owner Statements show the financials on an owner’s properties and a Rent Roll can also be sent with an overview of paid and unpaid tenant balances. An audit log is something we would like to do in the future, but any transaction can be reversed if incorrect. I will ensure the support team follows up with more information.

Users in both the U.S. and Canada are able to reach us at 1 510 790 9066 9-5 PST and speak a live person within a few rings. Emails are also responded to within a few hours in most cases. We have many Canadian users, but we also ensure to clarify we are geared towards the U.S. and will discuss limitations. Before purchasing, these limitations and your phone plan were discussed, and we offered to call when needed by simply emailing support. Over the past few months, a personal support member has promptly called within a few hours and has assisted with one-on-one setup for as much time as needed. We do our best to provide a support experience that is above and beyond what is typically offered and we appreciate your feedback on how we can further improve.

• Reviewed on 11/04/2017
Dena W.
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2016

"Making Life Easy!"

Pros: It relieves me of the stress of the accounting work. Math is not my strong point! I did all my trust accounting by hand for over 20 years. I tried other property management software and found myself confused and overwhelmed. Simplifyem is easy to understand and use. If I get stuck, I call customer support and they walk me through it. Representatives are always polite, friendly and professional. Now, I can focus on taking care of my clients' needs better.

Cons: It would be nice if owners could request statements and invoices on their own without my having to publish each individually.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2016
Gregory S.
Producer
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2017

"Can be used anywhere"

Comments: On top of everything SimplifyEm is a web-based software and can be used from anywhere with access to Wi-Fi. I recommend the software to property managers and any owner of a rental property.

Pros: SimplifyEm makes tracking rent and payments simple. It has made it easy for me to collect rents online and monitor all my property expenses in one place. I can store lease agreements so I can access them easily in the application. I use it to send email to my tenant, provide them with any notices. I like rent reminders and ability to track maintenance requests.

Cons: I wish I could use the application offline. Some of the forms like lease agreements, notices to quit, notice to pay can be accessed offline but I cannot do data entry offline.

• Reviewed on 11/11/2017
Maureen G.
Commercial Real Estate
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2015

"Simply easy!"

Pros: The product is easy to use and tracks all relevant earnings and expenses. My tax accountant is a happy man, because I show up with everything he needs in a tidy little report.

Cons: I like pretty much everything about the product. It's user-friendly, the support is great and the reports are not fancy, but they provide all the information you need.

• Reviewed on 10/03/2015
Chad C.
  • Reviewed on 02/12/2019

"No tech support"

Comments: I have made 5 phone calls and have been told there are 2 escalated repair tickets in the month that this has been happening. Tech support tells me that someone will contact me when they have a solution. 1 month and no solution. This and the massive price increase for next year has made me decide to switch software providers for 2020.

Pros: I thought the software was easy to learn and entering data was easy.

Cons: I have had a software problem for over a month. I can't move tenants in or out and can't edit leases without my browser locking up. I have to close the browser and log in again. The problem doesn't go away when I log back in. I have resorted to using an excel spreadsheet to keep track of leases and dates because the software I am paying for doesn't work.

by SimplifyEm.com on 17/12/2019

Hi Chad, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are known to be easiest to use and known for our customer support. This is our first price increase in 5 years and we are still the most cost effective in the industry. Our price cannot be beat as we start at $10/month for managing up to 10 units. It looks like the issue was misunderstood initially. We are happy to have resolved it. We've noted your feedback and passed it along. Best, SimplifyEm Team

• Reviewed on 02/12/2019
Jennifer K.
Office manager
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2018

"Customer service is the worst!!"

Comments: I call and get hung up on. I call back because renters are complaining they are no longer taking payments on the 1st but now the 3rd without asking the account representative to approve this change. Second, renters today show they underpaid the rent to but were all paid up yesterday. I checked as rents are due. All customer service says is, "What did I do wrong, I need to fix this." As tried to explain was I didn't do anything but log on from yesterday and now I have to go in and fix it. What I should have heard was - let me see what happened... What I wanted to know was -did an update happen? By the way, in the background of the phone call before I hung up was the phone ringing and ringing and lots of voices so something happened.

Pros: Options for keeping track of expenditures and online payments. The feasibility for the renters to make payments and for me to keep track.

Cons: Customer Service!! Customer service will take no responsibility. This is the second time I have logged on and balances have changed. Don't trust this

• Reviewed on 05/11/2018
Elizabeth L.
  • Reviewed on 02/05/2017

"If you want to wait forever for your money, this is the program for you!"

Comments: The reason I looked into property managment software was to allow tenants to easily pay rent online and avoid the headache of manual deposits. Unfortunately, this created a whole different and worse problem. Money was not available in the account for 7-10 days. ACH payments really shouldn't take that long to clear!

Pros: Some of the features ae convenient. Customer service team was helpful and polite. Setup was easy and fast.

Cons: Deposits through ACH took 7-10 days to clear. Even with weekends, this length of time is unworkable for most owners.

by Jessica on 14/06/2017

Hi Elizabeth, we are happy to hear you found the setup was easy and our support team was helpful!

It seems like the online payment process was not clear, so I'm happy to clarify! Although it has never taken 7 or more business days to clear, online payments do take 2 business days to clear, not including weekends or bank holidays, such as Christmas. We are looking forward to the upcoming federal changes to payment processing that will be reducing the clearing period to 1 business day and will be including this as part of our system as it becomes available.

Online payments can take more time to process than driving to a bank and depositing rent payments. However, most property managers value online payments for the amount of time saved each month compared to handling paper checks, manually depositing and manually bookkeeping each payment. Online payments also provide an easy way for tenants to automate and send payments, creating a more professional experience. Online Payments are one of our most popular features, which will continue to be enhanced based on feedback like yours!

• Reviewed on 02/05/2017
Zoraya C.
Broker/Owner
  • Reviewed on 13/06/2017

"Great Pricing for small property management!"

Comments: It's a great system for small companies or owners. Pricing is not bad for a few dollars you can get all that you need to keep track of everything.

Pros: Pricing and customer service. They even schedule a training for you where they teach you step by step.

Cons: Might be a bit tricky to set up with a few too many steps. You have to go to several places to complete the info for 1 rental.

• Reviewed on 13/06/2017
Kathy F.
BROKER/ MANAGER/OWNER
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2017

"Good For The Budget Minded"

Comments: The software getting stuck. I swear it used to change my numbers on balance sheet. I don't like that after mis take on balance sheet, I can erase it.

Pros: Easy to use, only because I've been a user for about 7 yrs? I like the detail description feature. So owners know.

Cons: Software Always gets stuck when I send my reports and I have to get out and come back in. Dinosaur keeps sending.....

• Reviewed on 14/07/2017
Jeffrey B.
A320/321 Pilot/FO
Airlines/Aviation, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/06/2019

"Like Simplifyem A LOT"

Comments: Customer service is second to none

Pros: I like the Ease of use and customer support.

Cons: The balance sheet is not real easy to manipulate

• Reviewed on 14/06/2019
Darlene C.
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2017

"Good value"

Comments: After I used it for about a month. Things became easier later.

Pros: Customer service, Live person will call you back immediately.

• Reviewed on 16/05/2017
Linhdow Y.
Commercial Real Estate
  • Reviewed on 24/08/2016

"Great product!"

Pros: Great customer support and support team! They are there when you need them.

Cons: There is nothing that I would change. I found it easy to use. The program was very user friendly. It makes since.

• Reviewed on 24/08/2016
Haleem G.
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2016

"Great Softwear"

Comments: I have been using this for about month now and SIMPLY love it! I have used many other systems but this one is by far the easiest so far!

• Reviewed on 06/12/2016
Charles E.
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2016

"Great Software and Easy to Use"

Comments: Great product and would recommend, for the most part, easy to use. Took a little bit of trial and error to figure out all of the functionalities. But it is great to have the software work for you.

Pros: Access this software anywhere from the internet without having to have your computer around all the time

Cons: it is sometimes sluggish when trying to click from one portal to the next

• Reviewed on 13/12/2016
Ty J.
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2016

"Great Product, Support, Price"

Pros: It's very simple to use and priced great. Their representatives are very knowledgeable and responsive.

Cons: I have no suggestions or concerns at this time.

• Reviewed on 16/05/2016
Alexa B.
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2016

"good product for busy people"

Pros: they try to make the program easy for everyone to use

Cons: i wish the program would link up with my receipt scanner and automatically input the numbers for me

• Reviewed on 14/09/2016
Daryl N.
Co-Owner
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2017

"Simple and basic"

Pros: Simple and basic set up. Not very confusing and pretty straightforward with there features and what they have to offer

Cons: Compared to the other well known brands out there this one lacked some technology and more advanced features.

• Reviewed on 14/12/2017
Mike P.
Realtor/Broker
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2015

"Simplifyem Review"

Pros: Just stated using simplifyem but seems fairly easy to navigate through

Cons: Having some trouble putting in deposits it shows that tenant still owes deposit

• Reviewed on 23/11/2015
Ty J.
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2016

"Great software, Why over pay?"

Comments: Simplifyem is a wonderful property management software and it's very affordable. I would recommend it for anyone who's just starting out, without a staff and needs to get more organized.

Pros: Easy to use, affordable, excellent customer support, tenant, and owner's reports

Cons: Doesn't have smartphone access at this time

• Reviewed on 14/12/2016
Carrie D.
  • Reviewed on 01/06/2021

"SimplifyEm Review"

Comments: My experience has been wonderful, I love it.

Pros: I like that it’s easy and it’s stupid proof. It’s simple.

Cons: Overall I only have two complaints. The first one being, whenever I’m entering the rent payments, I wish the date would default to the date I enter it in rather than defaulting to the first of the month. The other one is the font when printing checks is a little too small, I wish it were bigger.

• Reviewed on 01/06/2021
Tiana W.
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2016

"You get what you pay for"

Pros: The price is phenomenal. If you are an owner with a few properties, this is ideal.

Cons: No customization, very limited reporting, doesn't have bank reconciliation reports, extremely limited GL codes. Also, they will tell you their software supports functions, then try to walk you through a "work-around" to get it to do what you want. Not sufficient. If you get audited by the state (very common in WA), good luck with this software!! It's too simplified, limited functionality and not intuitive in the least. Once you get in and start using it, you can figure it out, but it just never feels smooth. Also, some things are too easy to enter, and therefore, too easy to mess up. Dog walked on my keyboard one day....... To say the accounting is robust, I think that's a misunderstanding of the definition of that word.

by Jessica on 15/06/2016

Hi Tiana, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your kind comments regarding our pricing and our excellent support team, but it looks like we fell short on meeting your expectations.

It appears there was a request to add a large amount of HOA units to your existing account (a one year old account with residential properties). We discussed that HOAs are something we are looking to better handle in the future, but do not optimize for. Based on our great pricing it was decided to try a test run with a few properties. After some one-on-one support and a custom setup by our team (at no additional cost) there was some additional functionality you were looking for and we promptly refunded the full upgrade cost. The subscription for your residential properties from before the upgrade we were not able to refund.

Many of the features and reports mentioned are available, including banking and audit reports. Support is easily accessible at 1 510 790 9066 for one-on-one help or to answer questions about the software and how to best use it. Our team also has monthly releases with features/reports requested by users. We are sad we were unable to meet your needs at this time and wish you the best in the future.

• Reviewed on 07/06/2016
Nathan B.
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2020

"Good Support. Bad Product"

Comments: We had a lot of trouble setting up the system and needed to contact support regularly. They were helpful, but it was still extra work to have to do that. I explained the difficulty I had with the rental process and told them that I didn't want to use SimplyfyEm anymore and wanted a refund. I was told that since I was past the 30 day refund period, they wouldn't give me my money back. I explained that the issue with the application didn't happen until a unit was vacant, which was past the 30 days. After my initial conversation with support, they never returned my messages or calls. I emailed the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and again, giving them a chance to respond and make things right, but heard no response. I am overall disappointed with the product. I switched to Buildium and have been very happy with their product and system.

Pros: I appreciated the support team. They were usually very responsive.

Cons: I tried to send the application to potential tenants when I had a vacancy. Of the 41 applications I sent out, I only received 2 back. I had to go back through all who had contacted me and ask support to send them a special link. After trying to figure this out for a week, I used my old application and sent it out to around 18 people. Withing 12 hours I had 6 responses and within 48 hours, I had 12 responses. Less than a week later I had the apartment rented out. I was concerned at this point with the rest of the system if it didn't produce results for the basic function of sending and receiving an application. The product simply didn't work.

• Reviewed on 27/08/2020