SimplifyEm Property Management Reviews

• Overall
    4.2 /5
    4.1 /5
    4.3 /5

About SimplifyEm Property Management

Property management software for property managers, landlords and real estate investors. Property management made easy!

Learn more about SimplifyEm Property Management

Tiana W.
    1.5 /5
    3.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2016

"You get what you pay for"

Pros: The price is phenomenal. If you are an owner with a few properties, this is ideal.

Cons: No customization, very limited reporting, doesn't have bank reconciliation reports, extremely limited GL codes. Also, they will tell you their software supports functions, then try to walk you through a "work-around" to get it to do what you want. Not sufficient. If you get audited by the state (very common in WA), good luck with this software!! It's too simplified, limited functionality and not intuitive in the least. Once you get in and start using it, you can figure it out, but it just never feels smooth. Also, some things are too easy to enter, and therefore, too easy to mess up. Dog walked on my keyboard one day....... To say the accounting is robust, I think that's a misunderstanding of the definition of that word.

by Jessica on 15/06/2016

Hi Tiana, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your kind comments regarding our pricing and our excellent support team, but it looks like we fell short on meeting your expectations.

It appears there was a request to add a large amount of HOA units to your existing account (a one year old account with residential properties). We discussed that HOAs are something we are looking to better handle in the future, but do not optimize for. Based on our great pricing it was decided to try a test run with a few properties. After some one-on-one support and a custom setup by our team (at no additional cost) there was some additional functionality you were looking for and we promptly refunded the full upgrade cost. The subscription for your residential properties from before the upgrade we were not able to refund.

Many of the features and reports mentioned are available, including banking and audit reports. Support is easily accessible at 1 510 790 9066 for one-on-one help or to answer questions about the software and how to best use it. Our team also has monthly releases with features/reports requested by users. We are sad we were unable to meet your needs at this time and wish you the best in the future.

• Reviewed on 07/06/2016
Logan C.
Office Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 07/01/2021

"Garbage!"

Comments: Honestly we regret paying for this software in advance I wish we would have tried it out for a month first then at least gotten out money back. When they did the onboarding, they did it incorrectly which then took a month to fix by myself. By the time the trial ended and we realized we didn't like it, they didn't return any of the money.

Pros: It was online and could be accessed anywhere.

Cons: The process of paying bills takes way too long. The tenant portals failed to link up with the software. You can't add any other income categories other than rent received and late fees.

• Reviewed on 07/01/2021
Wendy M.
Property Owner
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2017

"A Huge Time Saver!"

Comments: This is the perfect app for someone who needs a place to track tenant information and leases while keeping a history of past tenants and what work orders and requests have been submitting while consolidating expenses. The tracking of all tenant communication in one place makes so easy to lookup information and avoid any miscommunication and legal issues.

Pros: As a property owner, SimplifyEm has decreased my workload and saved time. I can easily see work orders and expenses at a glance while collecting payments and see all tenant communication in one place. I like how I can set up rent reminders to invoice my tenant every month automatically. This has helped get rent on time every month. SimplifyEm has freed up my time and streamlined my property management tasks into a manageable process so that I spend less time on managing property.

• Reviewed on 24/10/2017
Nathan B.
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2020

"Good Support. Bad Product"

Comments: We had a lot of trouble setting up the system and needed to contact support regularly. They were helpful, but it was still extra work to have to do that. I explained the difficulty I had with the rental process and told them that I didn't want to use SimplyfyEm anymore and wanted a refund. I was told that since I was past the 30 day refund period, they wouldn't give me my money back. I explained that the issue with the application didn't happen until a unit was vacant, which was past the 30 days. After my initial conversation with support, they never returned my messages or calls. I emailed the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and again, giving them a chance to respond and make things right, but heard no response. I am overall disappointed with the product. I switched to Buildium and have been very happy with their product and system.

Pros: I appreciated the support team. They were usually very responsive.

Cons: I tried to send the application to potential tenants when I had a vacancy. Of the 41 applications I sent out, I only received 2 back. I had to go back through all who had contacted me and ask support to send them a special link. After trying to figure this out for a week, I used my old application and sent it out to around 18 people. Withing 12 hours I had 6 responses and within 48 hours, I had 12 responses. Less than a week later I had the apartment rented out. I was concerned at this point with the rest of the system if it didn't produce results for the basic function of sending and receiving an application. The product simply didn't work.

• Reviewed on 27/08/2020
Mickie C.
  • Reviewed on 09/08/2016

"Easy Peasy"

Pros: It is so easy to do and if you mess it up, help will always walk you through it or fix it for you. Love these guys.

Cons: There is nothing I found that I don't like at the point. Some things you have to read a little more than others to understand but still easy enough to understand.

• Reviewed on 09/08/2016
Maureen G.
Commercial Real Estate
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2015

"Simply easy!"

Pros: The product is easy to use and tracks all relevant earnings and expenses. My tax accountant is a happy man, because I show up with everything he needs in a tidy little report.

Cons: I like pretty much everything about the product. It's user-friendly, the support is great and the reports are not fancy, but they provide all the information you need.

• Reviewed on 10/03/2015
Amy E.
Commercial Real Estate
    4.5 /5
    3.5 /5
    4.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 07/09/2016

"Great Advice, great software"

Pros: It is very easy to use. It has a clear presentation. Seeing lots of units at a glance is easy.

Cons: When putting in the details of the payment in the notes section, something happens with the formatting. like instead of symbols (Which I use when putting in dates) it changes them to "n" and other weird things. I have had to modify the way I input information. Also, when people are behind, if you input the actual date that they pay, it goes to the month that payment was received (ie: if someone pays me August 8th for July rent, if I use date of payment, it will only apply to August. So I have to use the notes section to say when the payment inputted)

Gary W.
Master of the Universe
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2020

"Simple...It's in the name"

Pros: It really is relatively simple to learn, very simple to use, and support has been awesome.

Cons: I am currently using a system based on the double entry accounting system. In fact, I had to take a course on accounting just to use it. The Simplify system is more friendly to and usable by someone knowing nothing about accounting. At first I found it difficult because it was too simple.

• Reviewed on 12/02/2020
Anthony Z.
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2014

"Managing rental income and expenses couldn't be easier"

Pros: Easy to use worksheets make tracking income and expenses easy. The cash flow and tax reports are awesome! The ability to set up recurring expense items and income items is great. I also love being able to enter detail for each expense so that I know exactly what it was for. The icing on the cake is the online rent payment. That has automated my entire process!

Cons: Nothing. I am completely happy with the software. The system is great!

• Reviewed on 04/08/2014
Kim E.
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2016

"Software advice lead us to purchase SimplifyEm for our business"

Pros: We have not started using SimplifyEm yet. Will start setting it up in November 2016 to launch January 2017. We have signed up for a 3 year commitment. My overview is on the software advice we got. They recommended three companies that they thought would work for our business. I did not have to go through the hassle of calling and searching a dozen companies. I contacted the three companies that they recommended. Took a look at what they had to offer and the price it was going to cost per year. I decided that SimplifyEm would work the best for our business. They made searching for a software company much less taxing.

Cons: There is nothing that I do not like. They were very prompt in helping me select a software. They called back to see if I had any questions or if I needed more help in selecting a different software.

• Reviewed on 08/09/2016
Stephen D.
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2018

"Great product!"

Pros: I highly recommend helps us keep try of all rents and Tenants and even lets up set up online billing!

Cons: I do wish it integrated with our accounting software but I am happy with what it does do and will continue using it.

• Reviewed on 30/07/2018
Pamela B.
  • Reviewed on 30/06/2015

"I have used this software for three years & have been very satisfied"

Pros: Ease of use and consistently good customer service

Cons: I do sometimes have problems logging in to my account as I use multiple computers. It would be nice to be able to log in to multiple stations at the same time.

• Reviewed on 30/06/2015
Frances G.
Principal Broker
  • Reviewed on 22/06/2018

"Property management made easy"

Comments: Software advice guided me to three good companies. For the size of our business
SimplifyEm seemed the best fit. And their emails were very helpful and non-
aggressive.

Pros: It is user-friendly and the cost seems reasonable. Tutorials are available as needed and
customer support is always available. Information is easy to enter and to edit, if necessary.

Cons: I may be wrong but it doesn't download into Quicken. We are just getting started with this
software so there aren't any defects, if any, that can be mentioned here.

• Reviewed on 22/06/2018
David J.
Broker
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2020

"over 12 months and still no refund"

Comments: I had been searching for a property management software capable of tracking CAM to replace my spreadsheets. My search lead to simplifyem and my inquiry was answered by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] the day before I was leaving for China in Oct 2019. After a quick talk he informed me of a sale that expired at the end of the week, Under $800 for 3 years subscription with a 30 days money back guarantee. I explained I was leaving the next day for Asia and would be gone for over a month and I was not taking a laptop. There was no way I could test the product until after I returned some 40 days later. He put me on hold and when he returned he informed me that I had manager approval for a 90 day return. When I returned I tested the product and very quickly realized that it was not a good fit because simplify is for residential or at least does not have the capability to track and allocate Common Area maintenance. Well, to be fair, there was some sort of work around that appeared to be about as in affective as quickbooks might be, but it would only be able to work around some of the CAM, not all. Essentially could not do it. I emailed and called to cancel my purchase within the timeframe I was quoted. That was over a year ago and I have not received my money back yet. I have called support no less than 20 times and emailed about the same. I have not received anything back from them. Not an email, not a returned phone call, nothing. Don't buy this product, they cheat customers!

Pros: I never got far enough to find any pros.

Cons: Doesn't work for commercial application.

• Reviewed on 28/10/2020
Annie W.
  • Reviewed on 09/02/2017

"APTLY NAMED- I LOVE THIS SOFTWARE"

Comments: Simplifyem is aptly named as it is easy to use and does all you need for managing property. I tried several other software systems before settling on this one. It is fast, simple and logical. And the support is incredible. If you are looking for a software program for managing properties, this one is the best and very fairly priced.

Pros: Ease of use; terrific support.

• Reviewed on 09/02/2017
Grace D.
  • Reviewed on 07/09/2016

"Review of SimplifyEm Program - Recent purchase"

Pros: I am new to the product but so far it appears to be of great value. So far the product seems to be exactly what we need, we are a small operation but need major organization and record keeping and this product seems to be exactly what we need. I inputted data this weekend and it really was quite simple - even I was able to do it - all on my own.

Cons: The go back option is a little tricky. I needed to go back to the previous screen and I had to finagle my way around it. It probably is operator issue - I just have to learn the program

Johnny S.
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2018

"Awsome"

Comments: In the beginning I had lots, of questions from customer support, not one time did the CS person roll their eyes or exhale when i was asking questions.

Pros: ease of updating information, customer support is unbelievable and all support i have talked to speaks English and they can understand me and i can understand them. Thats a WOW

• Reviewed on 31/01/2018
Julie L.
Real Estate broker/Property owner
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2020

"Simply The Best !"

Comments: My Rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was amazing! He was very upfront.

Pros: What I liked about the software was easy to learn. I looked at several types of software, this product was the best priced, easiest to learn & offered Full Customer Service.

Cons: This software was not missing anything.

• Reviewed on 26/10/2020
Haleem G.
Commercial Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2016

"Great Softwear"

Comments: I have been using this for about month now and SIMPLY love it! I have used many other systems but this one is by far the easiest so far!

• Reviewed on 06/12/2016
Jimmy E.
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2017

"Good product."

Comments: The software does exactly what I need it to do. I am happy to be able to respond to tenants with just one click.

Pros: I like the idea of being able to collect rent online and constant communication with tenants.

Cons: Took longer than I expected to navigate or explore all function.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2017
Ty J.
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2016

"Great Product, Support, Price"

Pros: It's very simple to use and priced great. Their representatives are very knowledgeable and responsive.

Cons: I have no suggestions or concerns at this time.

• Reviewed on 16/05/2016
Dan N.
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2017

"A set up for managing property"

Pros: Basic set up makes it easier to use some may not like it. The price point is much better than the bigger and better managing software out there.

Cons: Not many bells and whistles with this software set up. Just a basic set up not many features as the other softwares for managing property out there.

• Reviewed on 02/11/2017
Daniel O.
Commercial Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2017

"Great software"

Comments: Simplify is great software, easy to use and great customer service. We have tried several different management softwares with no luck until we found Simplify.

• Reviewed on 21/03/2017
Lystra Y.
Property Manager/Real Estate Firm Owner
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2020

"New user of SimplifyEm"

Comments: As a long time Property Manager opening my own firm I was looking for an affordable Property Management software system that can grow with me, yet have all the functionality that I need now and later handle many properties as my business grows. I need user friendly for me and my owners and tenants. With good and understandable reports and statements for myself and my owners.

Pros: Very easy to use...user friendly. Does everything I need. Not alot of extraneousness.

Cons: It would be nice if the Security Deposits were not shown in the tenant balance. It needs to be a separate item when shown with the tenant info. Late fee needs to be able to be a fixed amount OR a % of the rent since leases allow for a % of rent amount.

• Reviewed on 10/11/2020