• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.2 /5
    4.6 /5

About Volgistics

An online system for recruiting, tracking, and coordinating volunteers in organizations of all kinds and sizes.

Learn more about Volgistics

Manager of Volunteer Services
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2018

"Volgistics ensures our volunteer department is organized and cohesive."

Pros: The number one pro is the reporting feature. Having the ability to synthesis the volunteer data at the click of a button is amazing. I also like the ability to schedule and communicate with volunteers as well as the application feature (can make multiple applications for various roles). The help screen is fabulous!

Cons: Cannot customize as much as I'd like. There is no "undo" button so all deletions are final. I wish there were more options to jazz up the vicnet screen for the volunteer's portal.

• Reviewed on 01/02/2018
Jerry H.
Volunteer Dept. Volunteer
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2020

"Flexibility, documentation and support"

Comments: Prior to Volgistics, tracking volunteer hours, lists, etc. was via spreadsheets - many different spreadsheets that had not been updated. Keeping records of Volunteer hours was a month-long process. Requested reports were often inaccurate and incomplete. At this point in our implementation, all Volunteer Records have been entered into the system and Volunteer hours are entered manually into the system by this office. Monthly reports that took a month to generate now take minutes. The Director of the Volunteer Program and I are currently re-evaluating the choices made in configuring the software to increase usability and flexibility. I am impressed with how flexible the system is and how easily it is modified.

Pros: User Support is outstanding. My eMail questions have always been answered within an hour of submission and their responses are concise, clearly understood and respectful.

Cons: I have been working with our Volgistics program for 6 ½ to 7 months. The software has been in use for less than a year and is not yet opened up for end-user use. This is to explain that as I work with the software, I have some difficulty maneuvering through the Tutorials mainly because of my familiarity with semantics and titles or language used with Volgistics. As I become familiar with the 'language' of Volgistics, it's becoming clear and finding my way through the Help Topics is becoming easier AND extremely helpful.

by Volgistics on 01/06/2020

Thank you for the review! We're glad that Volgsitics has been able to speed up reporting, and that we can help you out as you learn the software!

• Reviewed on 20/05/2020
Helen P.
Grant and Resource Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2020

"Volgistics - Just do it"

Comments: Very good - what makes this volunteer management system really work is the customer service representatives and their willingness to answer questions thoroughly and in a timely manner.

Pros: The number of features that it has that allows my volunteers to self-schedule and print their own reports. The reports help with in-house data analysis for grant reporting requirements and administrative support. It cut down on the time I spent with volunteers by about 85 - 90%. During busy times of the year I could spend all day talking to volunteers, answering the same questions. Now I spend SIGNIFICANTLY less time doing that and can spend more time thanking our volunteers for their time and doing the other responsibilities of my job assignment. I like the comprehensiveness of the library.

Cons: Initially it was more cumbersome to set up than I expected. I am not a computer scientist so there was a bit of a learning curve. The customer service is AMAZING though, so it made it much easier. I usually hear back from folks in 5 minutes of sending an email with a quick solution to my problem.

by Volgistics on 06/02/2020

Thank you for the review! We're glad that Volgistics can help make your job easier.

• Reviewed on 05/02/2020
Catherine D.
Environmental Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2018

"The Volgistics Team"

Comments: Volgistics helps me greatly to keep track of how many hours each of my volunteers have served and in what role they served them. I can easily look up their information for their phone numbers or email addresses and check the details of their volunteer interests and past work.

Pros: Volgistics is absolutely wonderful in creating a easy to understand form for new volunteers that we can incorporate directly into our website. Through that I can see all of the information I need about a volunteer and help keep track of their progress as they continue to volunteer.

Cons: Sometimes it can be confusing to make a change in the setup of what volunteers see or how things function. Whenever that has happened I just send a quick email to the Volgistics team and it's always answered within the hour (Less than 5 minutes sometimes!)

by Volgistics on 20/11/2018

Thanks for the review! We're glad that Volgistics can help keep your volunteer data organized!

• Reviewed on 08/11/2018
Kate S.
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2014

"I love this software and have used it with several organizations!"

Comments: In 2011 I was responsible for recruiting and managing 500 volunteers for a conference in our city. I researched volunteer software options and did tutorials of various ones. Volgisitics was the best by far. I had worked in the volunteer field for many years prior and had used different tools, so knew some of my frustrations with other tools. I have now used Volgisitics for 3 large events (up to 600 volunteers and 1200 volunteer shifts over one week) and currently for a smaller nonprofit that has an on-going volunteer program. I love it every time I use it and recommend it to everyone I speak with. The best thing is that the software is rock solid -- no glitches, shutdowns, weird loss of data, etc. Also, there are options for everything... so no matter what kind of program you have or special circumstances you have you can turn on or off features to customize it as needed. The "help" center is awesome! 9 times out of 10 when I email them I hear back within an hour. Even on a Saturday! The answers are thorough and very helpful. The other day I heard back within 15 min. I use the help center when I have a special circumstance and want to think through my best options. Volunteers who use it (via VicNet) love the ease of the system. They let me know and ask if they can have the name of it to share with other organizations they volunteer with who have a system less easy to use. I love the reporting feature. Often times software like this limits the reports you can get, which is frustrating and not helpful. Volgisitics offers very customizeble and useful reports.
It does take some time to learn, but once you know it and use it regularly, you will cruise through it. I think it takes time because there are so many options.
It does take some time to learn the system since it is robust. But once you learn it, you will cruise on through! I highly recommend it.

• Reviewed on 09/01/2014
Annette A.
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2016

"Surpassing expectations"

Comments: As the Volunteer Coordinator, I have been using Volgistics in our library district for a little over a year, and have nothing but positive things to say about it. The system is user friendly and was easy to customize for our needs. Rarely do I need to submit a Help ticket. When I do, it's almost always because I failed to thoroughly check the Help Topics provided. Regardless of this, the customer service we receive is friendly, fast and thorough. In response to these requests there is usually a personalized email that contains an explanation of the problem with a summary of the solution, as well as a link to the already existing Help Topic that I failed to look for. These people have thought of every possible question and problem that could arise and have covered these in their Help Topics which provide step-by-step direction on how to resolve the issue. I was most impressed yesterday when we were experiencing an issue with a volunteer not receiving emails sent through Volgistics. It turned out that the issue arose as a result of the filtering through their own email service. Volgistics really blew me away with their service. As usual, they emailed an explanation and a link to the Help Topic that I again failed to look for. Most amazing was that the Help Topic included step-by-step directions on how to rectify the issue with each of the major email services. I was able to give those directions to the volunteer rather than just tell them that the problem is on their end leaving them to spend valuable time searching the internet for a solution. I could go on and on about how great Volgistics is. If you're considering it, I highly recommend you take advantage of the free trial period and watch the video tutorials. I don't know how I managed without it in the past.

• Reviewed on 12/02/2016
Emily F.
Volunteer Manager
  • Reviewed on 05/09/2012

"Volunteer Management LIFESAVER"

Comments: I will be honest, when I first used Volgistics I transferred from managing volunteers through Excel spreadsheets, so it FAR exceeded my expectations. I recently started at my current job and they use a different program and to be nice, it isn't cutting it for me. I had all I could do to patiently wait approval to acquire Volgistics. It is incredibly cost-efficient for the amount of features it offers. I would advise anyone in the volunteer management field to purchase Volgistics as your management system. They've thought of it all and more. Volgistics is the perfect volunteer management system and I would highly recommend it to any organization.

Pros: I would highly recommend Volgistics to anyone needing to manage volunteers. The features seem endless and provide dynamic options to manage volunteers and create reports. It is extremely user-friendly and the basics are fairly intuitive. The online resource in the Help Section are BEYOND comprehensive and if that doesn't answer your questions the direct customer service is quick, efficient and they don't make you feel incompetent for asking a question. The videos are a huge help and the implementation of webinars is a great new resource that helps instruct and also shows new ways to use Volgistics.

Cons: There were a few places where their chosen terminology didn't seem totally intuitive and I had some slight trouble figuring out where I needed to be to do something, but as mentioned above the Help materials really negate any issues you may have using the product, short of needing a few extra moments to get help.

• Reviewed on 05/09/2012
Daisy B.
Development Executive
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2018

"Pretty user friendly and does not take long to learn."

Comments: I have no learned how to use a system that helps manage volunteers.

Pros: One thing I like about this software is being ale to set up volunteer opportunities where volunteers can sign up themselves. Another great thing about this software is that each volunteer has access to his or her own volunteer schedule and can edit their schedule as needed.

Cons: The least favorite this about this software is the inability to see all available volunteer opportunities at one time as a user. Through the admin side I could see everything at once but as a user I have to click on every single day in the calendar to see what volunteer opportunities are available.

• Reviewed on 07/05/2018
Celina D.
Operations Associate
  • Reviewed on 03/05/2019

"Volunteer Programming Made Easy"

Pros: I love all of options that this program provides in terms of scheduling, outreach, and lists. I can check the service record for volunteers, add and remove people to schedules, send messages to specific groups. etc. The functionality of this program is excellent.

Cons: The only downside for me is that this program can be taxing when you are fist learning to use it. Sometimes it can be hard to figure out how to do something specific in the program. However, the customer service is excellent and super fast, so I can always rely on their help emails when I'm in a jam.

• Reviewed on 03/05/2019
Candice C.
Volunteer Services Administrator
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2012

"Volgistics is a complete answer for our volunteer management"

Comments: This system has allowed us to combine two full time paid positions into one. We have better communication with our volunteers. Recruitment is so much easier and effective. The system has grown with our organization and has ways to fits most of our needs. It has transformed our volunteer services and we constantly hear how much our volunteers love it!

Pros: -Web-based, can access database from home.
-Great features: online scheduling for volunteers, touch screen sign in, auditing, reporting, reminders, emailing sets of volunteers for recruitment.
-support is consistently efficient
-Billing is according to how much you use
-easy to learn and implement
-love the online applications with schedule feature

Cons: -help menu is sometimes overly simplistic
-no direct phone number to a help desk
-no training available other than the help menu

• Reviewed on 30/07/2012
Kerrilee H.
Education & Living Collections Supervisor
  • Reviewed on 23/06/2013

"Flexible, Powerful Software; Great Customer Service"

Comments: Thank you, Volgistics team, for this amazing tool. It has helped transform our volunteer program in just a few short months from a ragtag bunch of teenagers that showed up whenever and for however long they felt like it, to a team that accomplishes project after project, and asks for more. I find myself wishing only that you made calendar/scheduling software for our staff, too, because I'm pretty sure it would beat the pants off our current system. As it is, we'll just continue being 100% pleased with Volgistics for our volunteers!

Pros: easy to learn
comprehensive features to meet your needs
powerful reporting & metrics
customized user experience: use the features that are helpful to you, while unused features are unobtrusive
quick and helpful feedback from customer service

Cons: None, really, that we've experienced.

• Reviewed on 23/06/2013
Director, Developer Advocacy
Fishery, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/08/2018

"Supposedly the best - incredibly limited"

Pros: Its relatively simple to use, but has not changed in 10+ years

Cons: There is no mobile app. There are no API's for integrating with other software packages. Reporting is limited. Hasn't been updated since I have been using it from 2006- 2018 when this review is being written.

• Reviewed on 17/08/2018
Kelle G.
Manager, Volunteer Services
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2014

"Volgistics"

Comments: A long time user of Volunteer Works, now using Volgistics and thrilled with the product! It took a bit of work to set up the software and you do need to have a background in programming to really maximize the capabilities of the system. Well worth taking the time to do this from the start. The integration between VicTouch, VicNet and Volgistics makes management easy! Volunteers can access their schedule from anywhere; add or remove and the system automatically sends the Supervisor an email. I call this program "slick" when I describe it to colleagues. Their service team has been excellent when I have any questions and will respond within minutes. They have responded to suggestions for upgrades and have implemented them.

• Reviewed on 06/02/2014
Shanda S.
Volunteer manager
  • Reviewed on 02/03/2012

"Almost too Robust"

Comments: For your long term volunteer management programs, this is a robust tool for a great price. For a one-time event, this is not the best choice.

Pros: Price is great!
If I were running a long term volunteer program, this would be my dream site. Very quick customer support, lots of ability to manipulate records and data, etc. You could spend hours on the video instruction and help topics.

Cons: It is very tough to quickly get up to speed with this product. For a one time special event, I want to set up a volunteer application, set up volunteer opportunities, and connect the two. I've invested MANY hours trying to get this simple action completed. I have used other tools and have worked with a programmer to develop a tool for a special event (not competition - not on the market) so am pretty savvy about optional resources. I do not find this to be intuitive. I think it will be great once I understand it, but it's frustrating just trying to pick it up and go.

• Reviewed on 02/03/2012
Tami S.
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2016

"New to Volgistics and love it!"

Comments: I am new to Volgistics and have a relatively new program. We had utilized another software prior to moving to Volgistics and the difference is incredible! It is extremely user friendly and when you need help on how to set things up for your program they have a help desk feature that is worth its weight in gold! We were concerned initially by the lack of phone support but that is no longer an issue. Every response is professional and thorough and out of all the help inquiries I sent the average response time is between 2 and 4 minutes! Very impressed by the service that you provide! Thank you!

• Reviewed on 20/05/2016
Kaylee C.
  • Reviewed on 08/03/2017

"Volunteer Specialist"

Comments: FANTASTIC customer service! Had a couple issues with the reporting system. Contacted Volgistics through "Help" service and received immediate help. Provided precise step-by-step instructions that I could understand and make appropriate changes.

• Reviewed on 08/03/2017
Abbie K.
Director of Volunteer Services
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2014

"Highly Recommended!"

Comments: I have been using Volgistics for a couple of years for a Hospital based Volunteer Time Management program. Whenever support is needed Volgistics has always been so responsive and clear in their emails. Kudos to a wonderful team. It is a pleasure using the Volgistics program.

• Reviewed on 25/06/2014
Alison S.
Director of Community Programs
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2019

"Great for Volunteer Management"

Comments: I have not interacted with Volgistics Volunteer Management. The billing is automated monthly, and easy to manage.

Pros: I really enjoy the ease of this software to manage my volunteers schedules. I can assign them to various roles once they have completed training and then they are able log-in and sign themselves up for their desired shifts. It makes my job a lot easier that they can schedule themselves.

Cons: The software doesn't allow for much customization, and on the administrator end there is a bit of a learning curve to understand the terminology, and how to set everything up.

• Reviewed on 23/07/2019
Georgia A.
Volunteer Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2020

"Volgistics is a Winner!"

Comments: Oustanding

Pros: I have been super-satisfied with Volgistics - it covers all the bases and is extremely user friendly and the support staff is the best bar none. It's really intuitive and very clearly laid out.

Cons: There is nothing not to like about this system.

• Reviewed on 24/06/2020
Alison S.
Director of Community Programs
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2018

"I have enjoyed working with Volgistics, it's user friendly and intuitively designed for scheduling"

Pros: The user experience is straightforward enough that I'm not worried when I send volunteers to the site to sign up for shifts. It's also handy to keep all my information in one place so that I can easily pull reports, and upload information that I need my volunteers to access.

Cons: I like that the software is internet based, but because all of the changes I have mistakenly deleted entire schedules, which was challenging to recreate. It'd be create if there was an undo button.

• Reviewed on 09/01/2018
Chris G.
Director of Volunteer Services
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/08/2020

"New Volunteer Director/New Software User"

Comments: The response time is immediate. Nothing negative to say. The tutorials are always there and easy to follow.

Pros: I cannot say enough good about this company. I first heard of them at a Volunteer training. The price is amazing and the support I got for set-up and currently learning the system is phenomenal. It is easy to use. I cannot say enough about this software.

Cons: Integration was easy. They helped me step by step. The most difficult was getting my volunteers to understand the ease of the program. They are older and some were not willing to try. I just dove in and working as a wonderful, time-saving tool!

• Reviewed on 24/08/2020
Vickie F.
Volunteer Resources Coordinator- Manage program
Human Resources, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/12/2016

"Volunteer Program Comes Alive with Volgistics"

Comments: We launched Volgistics August 2014, after taking advantage of the free trial period to experiment with the system. We are very satisfied with the results. As we've become more familiar with the software, we use more of the features. Before we purchased Volgistics as our management tool, we didn't have an integrated system to handle all the county departments that use volunteers. That's all changed. Volgistics brought us into the 21st century. For the first time, we know who all the volunteers are, where they volunteer , what they do, when and for how long. The robust reporting features provide the data we need to manage the program and share the stories about the valuable contributions volunteers make in our community. In June 2015, I took advantage of another offer Volgistics made available and that was to start an administrators users group to share experiences and learn from one another. The group continues to meet monthly and everyone leaves the learning session energized with their newly obtained skills. We use VicNet, VicTouch, and the Docs features. We just launched the text messaging option and look forward to the opportunity that will bring to improve communication. And lastly, Volgistics has a great support team.

Pros: Ease of use, reporting, communication features and continuous upgrades, reasonable cost

Cons: I wish there were more features regarding coordinators. For example, as an administrator I'd like to view coordinator information much like we do volunteers using Set-up, Other options, Volunteer list especially dates entered, last VicNet access, last activity.

• Reviewed on 01/12/2016
Shandran T.
Volunteer Services Director
Museums & Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/05/2020

"Great Customer Service"

Comments: We are able to run a myriad of reports with relative ease. It's easy to extract data from this database. Tech support and customer service is top rate!

Pros: Volgistics is easy to use, and to understand. The tech support is super efficient and genuinely helpful. Often, I receive step by step instructions to perform a task, if I've been unable to find it in the Help Topics.

Cons: Might be nice to have a tie in with background checks.

by Volgistics on 15/05/2020

Thank you for the review! We're glad that Volgistics has been able to make your job easier. As for background checks, we partnered with Verified First last year, you can learn more at https://www.volgistics.com/background-screening.htm

• Reviewed on 13/05/2020
Corinna S.
Vol Coordinator
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/05/2020

"Great Customer Service"

Comments: Great to work with, easy to ask and receive information and solutions to questions and processes.

Pros: Ease of Use and great customer service. Quick reliable answers to any questions about products and processes.

Cons: That the mobile use of VicNet is not an APP on the iPhone or Android. I think a APP would be easier to use and display information better. Just a suggestion.

by Volgistics on 03/06/2020

Thank you for the review!

• Reviewed on 27/05/2020
Jen S.
Volunteer Services Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 21/06/2013

"Volgistics is a LIFESAVER!"

Comments: I HIGHLY recommend this program for all volunteer programs.

Pros: After 6 months of reviewing volunteer management software, we made the leap and choice Volgistics. It have been the equivalant of adding a part time employee! The time I save entering volunteer applications and hours donated has allowed me to focus on the "bigger picture" growth of our food bank's volunteer program. Our volunteer program has grown 86% in the past 3 years and Volgistics has grown right along with us. The online tutorials and customer service has been amazing. Typically I can find an answer through their great help web pages but if not I can send my question via email and the response time is amazing, usually within a few mintues. We use VICNET and VICTOUCH and our volunteers consistenly commit on how easy it is to schedule and view hours. I HIGHLY recommend this program for all volunteer programs.

Cons: I have no cons to this program because it really handles everything we need and offers several aspects of the program that we haven't tapped into yet.

• Reviewed on 21/06/2013