• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.5 /5

About ActiveCampaign

130,000+ customers in 170 countries use ActiveCampaign to automate their marketing, from contact management to email personalization.

Learn more about ActiveCampaign

Showing 1,192 reviews

Michelle M.
Tantric Body Love Coach
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2021

"Had to switch from MailChimp"

Pros: I like how straightforward and intuitive the software is. -- I can actually see a visual flow map of the customer journey, I can create automated series and then schedule them easily, I can create a standard template for my weekly video campaign and then customize it without revisiting old or pre-designed templates; I wasn't able to do any of those things intuitively with MailChimp. I have fewer than 400 subscribers right now, and I'm really glad to be making the switch now instead of later down the road. ActiveCampaign is where I want to build the foundation for my email marketing from here on out. Also, I had to buy a whole separate online course to learn how to use MailChimp and ActiveCampaign includes a startup course, "Getting Started," in their platform. Much appreciated! This is turning into a MailChimp critique, but the other thing I didn't like was how I couldn't just type directly into the body of the email like how a NORMAL email works; I had to write in a separate box to the side and it made it hard to see what the actual email would end up looking like sometimes.

Cons: Honestly I don't have any feedback about what to improve yet; I've been using ActiveCampaign for just a couple weeks.

• Reviewed on 29/03/2021
Andrew T.
Copywriter
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2020

"ActiveCampaign - Powerful drag and drop automation + Easy to send Emails"

Comments: My experience has been a very pleasant one. Simple to use and fairly intuitive.

Pros: The deliverability of emails is crucial to me (and to most businesses).
A simple user interface comes in a close second.
ActiveCampaign delivers on both (and gives you a comprehensive tutorial series).
I don't make full use of the automations. However, they're drag-and-drop which makes them dead simple to use. You can also create opt in forms using ActiveCampaign to collect emails. You can embed these forms into pages, or direct users to a link.

Cons: Sometimes it seems like ActiveCampaign goes down which is a problem. I've had people ask me why I sent them a broken link - but the real issue was that ActiveCampaign was down. I don't have any other big complaints. A small complaint is not being able to change an email's subject line without clicking a few times.
It would be great if you could change the subject line inside of the email creator.

• Reviewed on 01/08/2020
Aidan L.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2020

"Thorough Email & CRM Software"

Pros: AC is easily deployable and compatible with the rest of our tech stack, and this makes it easier for us to justify our continued use of it. The automations are easy to build, but complex enough to go further should you wish to. The email marketing system is thorough, and does what it says on the tin, The reporting capabilities are strong, and it is useful to have this all tied in with a clear CRM and Deal flow management system. The support team at AC are generally great, and depending on what tier you are on, they also provide generous support to their customers to make sure they succeed.

Cons: Sometimes the software bugs out, and doesn't do what you are asking it to do, although this is usually resolved quickly. The entry price for the higher tiers could be slightly lower.

Gabby C.
Business Owner
Writing & Editing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2020

"Satisfied with Active Campaign"

Comments: I've used several different email marketing software providers but when I switched to Active Campaign, I was finally satisfied with one. It was easy for me to get started using it and that was a big factor for me. I like how the automations are similar to advanced email software and are easy to use. All the commands that I need are in the automations so I don't have to do a work-around. Customer service has been helpful each time I contact them. When needed, they send me the exact link to the documentation I need, or answer my question. Overall, I enjoy using Active Campaign and find it easy to use. The pricing is fair and I believe I get more value compared to other companies with similar pricing.

Pros: More features than other software at similar pricing
Pricing is fair
Easy to use
Easy to set up
Fast start to using the software
Good documentation
Good customer service that points to documents when needed

Cons: I don't know all of the features or how they could help my business - more explaining how things work would be helpful so I can decide if I want to implement it or not

John D.
Foundre
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/06/2020

"The best software for your online business and online shop"

Comments: I am not an affiliate yet I love Active Campaign, so easy to use. The times I have contacted support, they are responsive and helpful.

Pros: I absolutely love ActiveCampaign. I have 2 accounts for my 2 businesses and have approx 10+ customers using it also for their online marketing endeavours. It is my go to software that I recommend to all customers. I love how the software is cheap for a startup but also offers really high level of integration for advanced customers. It is solid, easy to use and I cannot honestly recall having an issue with it. It has strong reporting and I love the integration features for Woo Commerce and Shopify also.

Cons: The only thing that is missing from ActiveCampaign is a simple checkout / payment type offering. So connecting to Paypal / Stripe is doable but not seamless. Apart from that I love it.

• Reviewed on 03/06/2020
Skye K.
  • Reviewed on 06/10/2020

"Over 100+ Projects Built Using ActiveCampaign"

Comments: Overall highly positive and I continue to recommend it.

Pros: The marketing automation is the most powerful at its price point and the system continues to develop beyond this into new and interesting areas (e.g. landing pages)

Cons: Segmentation struggles to use combined queries - if you ask for query A and Query B together, you think you'd get ONLY the contacts who appear in BOTH lists. In reality you get all of the contacts on query A and B together - this needs improvement.

• Reviewed on 06/10/2020
Nikki H.
Web Systems Administrator
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2021

"Great Alternative to Hubspot"

Comments: The implementation process and Hubspot migration could have been better. I had a negative customer service experience when migrating using the ActiveCampaign migration services. There was almost no clear communication from the lead on the project. I had to ask repeatedly in multiple different ways to get updates on the progress of the migration and it was late. Granted we have been dealing with a life changing global pandemic but I don't think that working from home should impact your communication with customers - especially when you are running late.

Pros: I moved my company over to Active Campaign because we needed a more inexpensive alternative to Hubspot. We are a small company that needed the tools provided by software like Hubspot & Active Campaign without the huge pill. we were able to save over $6000/year by switching with minimal functionality differences.

Cons: So far the software is great. I have had no major problems and the customer service team is super helpful.

• Reviewed on 25/02/2021
Lisa B.
Marketing Strategist
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2021

"More features + excellent training resources"

Comments: I love ActiveCampaign and recommend it to all of my clients. I've been a user for over 7 years and have never looked for a new solution because I trust that ActiveCampaign will continue to add the features that will keep our email marketing on the cutting edge.

Pros: Excellent integration with lead tracking and tagging and easy to set up automation and triggers to help you stay on top of your analytics.

Cons: Sometimes the text editor is a little wonky but that's a small issue that only arises occasionally.

• Reviewed on 02/04/2021
Abby D.
Email Marketing Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/07/2020

"I want to switch us exclusively to ActiveCampaign"

Pros: In a perfect world, I would love to convince my org to allow us to switch exclusively to ActiveCampaign. We currently use a very popular, over-built, over-priced platform (which I will not name) that does not fulfill our needs. We don't use a lot of the features our current platform offers, which makes the experience unnecessarily complicated and clunky. I just want to build a simple email, send it easily and track engagement. That's it, and ActiveCampaign fits this bill. That's not to say ActiveCampaign is so simple it's lacking; in my opinion, it's not at all. Using ActiveCampaign is foolproof. You can't mess up. It literally walks you through the email process step by step without jumping through all the unnecessary hoops. You can teach yourself the platform in no time. A few highlights worth mentioning: When building your email, you can simply copy/paste as plain text directly into the email and it will automatically format the text for you. Our current platform requires us to go into the coding screen to do this. Elements are drag and drop. Sure, you can code if you want, but you can make some great designs without. A minor feature I find super helpful: It remembers the last sender profile and list you used and defaults to that. LOVE that. Importing new contacts is super simple. Tracking: so easy. Instead of having to toggle through multiple screens to look at a user's history, you can see it all clearly in one spot.

Cons: Honestly, I have no complaints about ActiveCampaign. I will say that they do charge extra if you exceed your plan's contacts limit. Which is understandable; every platform does this. All in all, it's a very affordable option.

Zoe Y.
Photographer
Photography, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2020

"Great, powerful piece of software"

Comments: Overall using active campaign has helped me make a strong positive start to managing my email list, sending out promotional emails and creating automations that improve my services.

Pros: It's simple and easy to use, yet extremely powerful whether you are a light or heavy user. Automations and campaigns are easy to create and the guides and templates are very helpful.

Cons: It can be a little difficult to figure out how to do something particular at times, with some of the settings and features you need to know where they are before looking for them!

• Reviewed on 14/12/2020
Lewis Y.
Operations Engineer
Chemicals, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2020

"ActiveCampaign is great for entry-level users in the Marketing Automation space"

Comments: Set up was very easy as AC provided a implementation specialist that helped us get familiar with the software and up and running quite quickly. In addition, they have a great onboarding process to make sure all your needs and questions are answered. Highly recommended!

Pros: Best parts of ActiveCampaign (AC) include their user interface for designing & customizing emails, pop-up messaging, and automation workflows. It is very user friendly and intuitive to use. We were able to set up pop-up messaging, user tracking, and abandoned cart emails quite easily with our website, within days of starting our subscription. In addition, the customer service is phenomenal. We had a smooth onboarding experience with an exceptionally communicative team. All of our responses were answered, even the more technical ones, which they brought on an engineer to discuss with us, free of charge. 5 stars for implementation and onboarding with AC!

Cons: Some of the customizations for forms/pop-ups require some knowledge of CSS in order to get your pop-up form to look exactly the way you want. Sometimes the CSS was buggy and wasn't working, which required me to reach out to customer service, who were very responsive (within 24 hours). Also, I don't find the reporting to be as intuitive to use as say MixPanel or Amplitude. Navigating the reporting menus can be clunky at times, trying to dig down into the information you really need requires some in depth searching or just playing around with the software.

• Reviewed on 05/11/2020
Lindy c S.
artist
Fine Art, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 04/02/2021

"Actively Growing My Client List With Active Campaign"

Comments: My mailing list began with scraps of paper and addresses of family and friends. I started at the lowest tier, under 500 names. The monthly newsletter I send with AC has become a significant sales tool for me, and I expect to jump from tier to tier to tier and be happy to pay for each next level. I am slowing integrating more features, automations etc. There is simply nothing negative about this software for me!

Pros: This complex software is intuitive and easy to use. Just no headaches here. As an artist, creative control is important to me, and I like designing my own templates and emails, but when I'm in a hurry, there are plenty of appropriate templates to choose from. The one time I've had to contact customer support (in 4-5 years of using this) they were prompt, caring and through in resolving my issue.

Cons: I wish more website providers/designers integrated this powerful CRM, but it is comparatively pricey, and not difficult to use anyway.

• Reviewed on 04/02/2021
Tobe B.
  • Reviewed on 16/07/2020

"Love me some Active Campaign"

Pros: Very easy to use and learn. Love the different automations and ways you can connect with your prospects and customers, depending on behavior.

Cons: Deliverability is always an issue with third-party email software, so this isn't unique to AC. But, I do wish deliverability were better sometimes.

• Reviewed on 16/07/2020
Sharon R.
Broadcast Media, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 01/03/2021

"I love Active Campaign"

Comments: I've used other email providers and Active Campaign is the best one I've used.

Pros: It's ability to create automations and to analyse the results so that areas can be improved and worked on to aid conversions.

Cons: The app isn't great, that could do with improving and making it easier to use.

• Reviewed on 01/03/2021
Shaily H.
Clarity and Accountability to do your own Marketing
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2020

"Time Saver and Insight collector that scales with you"

Comments: I have been watching this company grow for the last bunch of years. I’ve been to their headquarters for events. I’ve seen them sponsor great causes. I’ve seen them hiring people in ethical ways. Beyond the product being amazing and the service being amazing the company does a lot of good in the way they operate and hire and train and support the community. They have it together. I love how they have even empowered me through their products. They have also given me surprise gifts over the years for being a great customer. I love that. I even got a giftcard for sharing how much I love them on here.

Pros: The customer success team is by my side to make sure that I make the most out of this product that I understand how it works. I never felt alone when I talk to one of their team members. They help me get way more than I could have ever imagined. It’s awesome scheduling calls with them. I liked that I can automate my on boarding process. I like that I could get a lot of data that big companies get out of my potential clients being a small business owner.

Cons: Sometimes the software is slow. But it’s pretty much fine. Sometimes their text support is really slow and has long wait times. Not every person in the chat is quick to respond. But it’s still handy none the less. Still think it’s an amazing product and company.

Cody M.
Marketing Lead
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2021

"Good value for email automation, great Support, some mediocre areas"

Comments: It's been helpful overall to create our automated email sequences. We also send a unique newsletter through each month, and track engagement. If they fixed a few of the bugs, sped up the site and improved the UI I'd say it was excellent.

Pros: We got ActiveCampaign primarily for automating email sequences, and it does this very well. The UI isn't hard to figure out, and there are lots of options for triggers to choose from. There are also many apps to integrate with, and I've found this pretty easy to do as well.

Cons: ActiveCampaign's site can be a bit slow to load, and occasionally has small errors that eat up time. For example, the automation page often starts glitching when I try to scroll down, or the Forms button can't be clicked until after I click another option in the dropdown menu. Besides that, it feels a little clunky to edit things - a mix of a slower site, UI choices and protocols to make sure you don't delete something too quickly. Not sure what I'd change exactly, but I know it seems to take awhile to get stuff done in ActiveCampaign.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2021
Trudi C.
Writer
Writing & Editing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/09/2020

"Smart, intuitive platform"

Comments: They have the most amazing customer service team, they're always there when I need help with something. The switch over to ActiveCampaign was also extremely well done, I had support of a team member leading me through every step, advising me on the best set up for my needs.

Pros: I like the amount of data it captures to help me with my marketing, and I enjoy the ability to have an intuitive system of tagging and ranking my subscribers so I can see who is highly engaged and who may need some extra help to engage. I also really appreciate the higher deliverability rates and the amazing customer service.

Cons: I wish I could set the font and the font size as a template when I'm writing emails, ie have it default to the font I want, instead of it going back to another font.

• Reviewed on 16/09/2020
Lucie H.
Musician & Entrepreneur
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 02/07/2020

"An upgrade from ANY email hosting platform"

Comments: So far my business has been growing nicely, Active Campaign integrates well with many different software programs and plugins I use - such as Elementor Pro, meaning I can set up an automation from an email form directly on a landing page. I have a lot to learn still, but it is a joy to learn with Active Campaign.

Pros: I came over to Active Campaign after a referral from a friend. I was struggling with the functionalities of Mailerlite and needed something that would fit my needs. In came Active Campaign. Pros: The world of endless possibilities. I can carefully segment my list, I can add tags according to actions they take within the email, I can set up automations that will stop if a subscriber has already been through...and so, so much more. I love that if I can think of something I'd like to do, there is always a way of doing it. The walkthroughs are fantastic and it's a friendly team to hold your hand while you set up.

Cons: Cons: If you're a little bit of a tech phobe like me, Active Campaign can seem daunting at first. It is not a service for beginners just starting out. That doesn't mean you shouldn't try though! If you invest a little time understanding all that you can do with it, you will be amazed.

Michał K.
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2020

"Best e-mail marketing tool"

Pros: Easy to set up and to use.
Easy to analyze results.
Good deliverability

Cons: API interface should have a little more option eg. there is no chance to create and send campaign based only on API.

• Reviewed on 28/09/2020
Ivan V.
IT Coordinator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/09/2019

"Up and coming email marketing platform that needs to fix minor issues"

Comments: It's a cheaper alternative to a product like pardot that we considered using. But, it just has minor issues that made it not worth it for us in the end.

Pros: It's very cheap for the services they offer. There is a great amount of customization and especially through the automation that is very extensive. Also, there are pre-made automations for you to use if you don't understand how to make your own, but either way the guides they have everything you need to know on how to make your own.
Also, customer service is amazing. They truly went out of their way to make our transition to the product better and even did all the exporting of our email contacts from Emma to them easy to do.

Cons: Minor issues that can be annoying. The builder is wonky. Not like a lot of the other email marketing services we have worked with. Sometimes campaigns we start on go away.
Also, very importantly is that emails sent don't come out looking well for those that use outlook! Very bad thing that needs to be fixed.

• Reviewed on 16/09/2019
Kathy K.
  • Reviewed on 26/07/2020

"Helping me to grow my small business"

Comments: When I started with ActiveCampaign, my email list was 1,000 contacts...now I have about 25,000 active contacts. I find the support to be good, and when I need help to figure something out, like a more complex automation that I want to set up, they help me quickly.

Pros: Active Campaign is easy to setup and get going, and yet, it has all the features I need for long term growth. Tagging, automations, campaigns are all pretty simple to use.

Cons: Automations can be a bit tricky to get right, but I don't think that's unique to this software.

• Reviewed on 26/07/2020
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2019

"The best email automation software"

Comments: The best email software I've used (tried AWeber, Mailchimp) and with the most features.

Pros: Automation. You are able to create complicated sales funnels that run on autopilot to maximise conversions and sales. For example, I integrate my ClickFunnels landing pages with ActiveCampaign. Leads receive automated follow up emails, and then further personalised emails based on whether they open or click on a link in an email.

Cons: It was very complicated at first. It would be good if they had YouTube tutorials to get you started, like with ClickFunnels.

• Reviewed on 06/12/2019
Talya L.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/04/2021

"Expensive, Offers a Lot, Wish It Was More Customizable"

Comments: Mostly positive. I've had team members who felt it was super hard to use for automation. Others who didn't.

Pros: I really love and appreciate the ease of use. It's super easy to throw together an email, assign tags, create lists, etc.

Cons: I wish it was more customizable. I pay a lot and it doesn't really match where I am with my business income-wise. But they don't offer enough customization inside of their pricing tiers and that would make it 100% awesome.

• Reviewed on 13/04/2021
Konrad K.
Operation Manager
  • Reviewed on 01/06/2020

"Great software for small business"

Comments: I have tried different marketing automation platforms, but ActiveCampaign has proven to be the one right for SMEs or beginning marketing professionals that want to implement such solutions in their business.

Pros: ActiveCampaign is easy to set-up and use.
It has all the basic features needed for online marketing, including email marketing and advanced marketing automation.
The support is quick to respond and guide you through any issue.
Easy to integrate with numerous other software services.
The software is also initially inexpensive, so perfect solution for small business owners.

Cons: The cost of the monthly plan rises quickly as you build your contact database.
Occasional bugs, like contacts lost in an automation after making some changes to it, but customer support was always there to resolve the issue.

• Reviewed on 01/06/2020
Alex L.
Digital Content Lead
Media Production, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2019

"Exactly what we needed our email marketing"

Pros: ActiveCampaign has great delivery rates. We also love the automation tools and integrations. It makes our lives so much easier and saves a ton of time.

Cons: The software sometimes has some random errors or is slow. We'd also love some more bells and whistles, like being able to schedule exports and reports.

• Reviewed on 27/08/2019