Filter by:

• Overall

About ActiveCampaign

130,000+ customers in 170 countries use ActiveCampaign to automate their marketing, from contact management to email personalization.

Learn more about ActiveCampaign

Showing 1,444 reviews

Sebastian C.
Sebastian C.
Digital Content Lead in Uruguay

Email marketing taken to a new level

5 3 weeks ago New

Comments: The tool in itself is amazing, both in terms of email marketing features and CRM functionalities. It's very easy to use and friendly to all users.

Pros:

Because ActiveCampaign specializes in email marketing, they have solid features and they are continuously improving all of the functionalities. When it comes to email campaigns, AC really is the strongest tool out there.

Cons:

When we started using ActiveCampaign, the connection with NetSuite was rocky, there weren't many connectors that could integrate both platforms and those that could, didn't go too deep into the connection.

Pedro T.
Pedro T.
CEO in Portugal
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

A convenient All-in-One CRM and Automation

5 7 months ago

Comments: In my company, Active Campaign is used on a daily basis. We are a franchising network, needing one full-service CRM and Marketing Automation to be shared within the network (similar automations for the whole network), while leaving space and autonomy for each franchisee to develop its own (Sales management, marketing management). Active Campaign allows not only this structure to work seamlessly, but the way the service is organized allows a whole range of possibilities for my company, most of which we haven't yet scratched the surface.

Pros:

It's easy to use, easy to deploy and being all-in-1 solution for marketing and sales management, automation, it's very convenient and comparatively affordable.

Cons:

A few areas are still under development and not quite up to the task, namely features such as landing page development, or conditional forms.

Craig P.
Marketing Manager in US
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 Employees

Great Features, Good Reliability

5 9 months ago

Comments: I needed something simple enough to train staff to use, but with the ability to do crazy, advanced things. Over the last decade+ I had been using numerous competitors, but think I might have found a permanent home with ActiveCampaign after using it for two years.

Pros:

The automations are where ActiveCampaign really wins. You can do almost anything you'd want to do, and it really helps with the ability to track and move leads through a funnel.

Cons:

There is no way to group together TAGs. This makes it difficult to keep track of them all when you use external software that might be creating tags based on prospect activity. However, because of the ways Automations works, you rarely have to use TAGs. You can keep leads spinning around inside Automations, following unique paths, for the entire sales cycle.

Alternatives Considered: Keap and GetResponse

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign: I was finding Infusionsoft to be much more complicated than I had time for. TAGs and triggers just didn't fit with my way of thinking.

Switched From: Keap, Mailchimp and GetResponse

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: Our demo showed it to be much easier to use for complex projects.

Jill G.
Blogger in US
Online Media, Self Employed

My top pick for an email marketing platform.

5 last year

Comments: Overall, choosing Active Campaign as my email marketing service was a terrific decision. I've been happy with it so far and cannot wait to see where it takes my business.

Pros:

I love how robust Active Campaign is and at a great price. It integrates well with the many online services and I haven't needed to reach out to customer support for help. I look forward to learning more ways that I can use Active Campaign to grow my online business.

Cons:

As I progress through all of the available options and features Active Campaign has for me, I do struggle with knowing which features will help my blogging and email marketing business the most. There are many digital marketers providing courses on email marketing. Yet, I feel held back because I need to learn more about Active Campaign's platform and how it will best help me as a blogger before I can implement many of the techniques recommended to me.

Alternatives Considered: ConvertKit

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign: I needed a more robust service that allowed me to create better automations, tag my email subscribers, create multiple lists, and provide me with more options.

Switched From: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: My blogging mentor, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], recommended Active Campaign over Convert Kit and I trusted her. So far I'm very happy with my decision.

Keleigh L.
Founder in US

Consolidated so many tools into one

5 last year

Comments: Their customer support is beyond great. I’ve sent instant chats to ask questions many times and I’m always impressed by how out of the way their reps go to help me. I even had one rep who built out an entire custom automation for me based on my needs.

Pros:

I held back from investing in ActiveCampaign for over a year because of the overall cost. What I didn’t realize then was that I would be able to cancel FOUR other software subscriptions thanks to the robust suite of features that AC has. This software has played a critical role in my ability to grow my business by over 150% this year and I would recommend it to anyone!

Cons:

I would give my left leg for AC to have mobile functionality. They don’t have an app and the mobile version of their site is non-functional. It quite literally can only be used on a computer. This is the one place where AC is severely behind their competitors.

Alternatives Considered: Constant Contact

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign: Because AC has so many more features.

Switched From: MailerLite

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: AC seemed like a longer term solution, based on features.

Antonio L.
Antonio L.
CEO in Mexico
Human Resources, 2-10 Employees

My first marketing automation platform, its about to pay for itself

5 last year

Comments: As a startup founder, It is really difficult to choose the right platform to commit with. You have free options and very expensive ones. So Active campaign was a great option for me, right on the sweet spot. Their customer success team is the best. I have had three on boarding one-on-one calls where they have understood my business and helped me with all the setup, resources and best practices to start using it the best way possible. It is a very robust system, I only use the email automation, segmentation and I am starting to use their CRM, but the posibilites are endless. So far I love it

Pros:

It is super easy to setup and use The best customer support I have ever had on any kind of service/product A thorough on boarding process, with personal coaching You can automate every single part of your marketing funnel and still have a nice personal touch with your best leads Endless possibilities to interact with your customers and prospects and track every behavior with you

Cons:

It is so wide that I find myself a little overwhelmend on how to take as much as possible from the system without burning out. I am in the 2,500 contacts bracket, and I think its price is fair. But when I have to sacle it up, it will seem pricy

Alternatives Considered: ConvertKit and HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign: I made research and wanted a more robust solution. I compared Active campaign against hubspot and convertkit and I preferred Active Campaign

Switched From: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: Better price (against Hubspot) So many more functions (Against convertkit and others)

Néstor M.
Néstor M.
Founder in Spain
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

This guys know how to do things the right way

5 2 years ago

Comments: Let me say it clearly: A-W-E-S-O-M-E Trust me, they are the "real deal".

Pros:

Instead of boring the hell out of you making a long list of all the things I like about AC, I would resume them in just 3 "little" things I care of: - Reputation: They REALLY care about sender reputation. And, you know... an email that doesn´t get to my suscribers is like loosing money out of my pocket. So, I´me really happy the way they´re handling things on this department - Ease of use + functionalities: Most other services only offer one of them things. But I want them all. AC covers all my needs regarding this issues (and I´m a choosy guy, you know). - It´s scalable!: This is a biggy. As your businees grows, you´ll have a new set of needs when it comes to automation. AC scales as your business thrives so you don´t have to switch companies never again.

Cons:

I´m a Spanish user and would love a full Spanish translation (at the moment we hace a partial translation) for Spanish users.

Sara D.
Creative Manager in US

Perfect balance between entry level email marketing software and top tier CRM systems

5 last year

Comments: Overall, my experience has been great so far. I am excited to build out this platform to fit the needs of 4+ businesses. Their onboarding webinars and one-on-one calls are great resources for learning and setting up the platform properly the first time. I would highly recommend to anyone juggling multiple businesses/accounts who need email marketing as well as CRM functionality, without having to pay an arm and a leg every month.

Pros:

What drew me to ActiveCampaign originally were the extensive automation functions and the user-friendly CRM/Deals features. I'm thrilled that I only have to set up my automations once and then AC will continue to do the sloggy work for me. We are still in the midst of setting up and tweaking our CRM pipelines and processes, but I love how they integrate with the automations, and if using Zapier will integrate with even more of our stack.

Cons:

There are a few quality of life things that I feel are missing, such as some form appearance properties (GetResponse, where we migrated from, has a form builder that is able to create a form that matches my website much better that AC), as well as being able to see the Due Date at a glance in Deals. Small inconveniences that I hope they will continue to build out in the future.

Alternatives Considered: JetPack Data, HubSpot CRM and GetResponse

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign: Though I liked the email campaign and form builder functionality of GetResponse, it was ultimately missing the CRM features we needed for our multiple companies.

Switched From: GetResponse

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: ActiveCampaign was the sweet spot between features, functionality, and reasonable price.

Adam P.
Director in UK
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 Employees

ActiveCampaign the pros and Cons

4 last year

Comments: A big learning curve, plenty of good guides.
Constant improvements, good support but not the one I and lots of other peole want, ie copy email to other people.

Pros:

The automations and integral links to Shopify and Facebook. The organisation of Deals

Cons:

The major problem is the lack of ability to copy an email to more than the recipient. The lack of this feature is putting the continued use of this product in doubt. The campaign emails work well but the standard emails do not give good formats.

Alternatives Considered: GreenRope, Agile CRM, Salesforce Sales Cloud, Constant Contact and HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign: Act was very behind the curve.

Switched From: Act!

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: The automsations appealed to me and the price looked good. It lsso meant I did not need MailChimp.

Photis d. M.
Photis d. M.
Visionary Officer in Greece
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

You get what you pay for

5 11 months ago

Comments: Customer service has been very helpful.

Pros:

Active Campaign is powerful and effective. It has everything you need in an email marketing service.

Cons:

It comes with a cost and if you have many subscribers it can be too expensive if you're not making a good ROI

Alternatives Considered: Ontraport

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign: Mailchimp changed the business model so it's not useful anymore to me but that's just my opinion. Mailchimp is still a very good option.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: The price point

Mahda W.
Head of Marketing in Poland

Great tool for marketing automation

5 8 months ago

Comments: I already recommended ActiveCampaign to a colleague looking for a marketing automation tool. AC has great potential, it seems it's well-thought-through already. Email marketing features are quite competitive, marketing automation meets our needs fully.

Pros:

The platform is nicely developed, we're mostly using AC for email marketing, lead nurturing & automation. The features are well developed in that area.

Cons:

I get the feeling we're not using AC's 100% features, would be great if the pricing plan was flexible so that we can pay for the features we use.

Alternatives Considered: HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign: AC delivers better value for better price

Switched From: HubSpot Marketing Hub

Kim M.
Founder/CEO in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

A great platform when flexibility and automations are critical

5 2 months ago New

Comments: We've used ActiveCampaign for several years and the experience has been solid. We leverage it as our primary CRM with at least 15-20 custom fields, custom forms (used internally) and a large number of automations that simplify our business processes. It's a solid platform if you're looking for something beyond an email automation platform.

Pros:

ActiveCampaign was the right fit as we needed to leverage some pretty complex automations without spending time and money on the larger, enterprise-level platforms. The ability to create complex automations and custom fields are our favorite features of ActiveCampaign.

Cons:

There is a learning curve to ActiveCampaign and, aside from the simplest use cases, you'll want to take your time to learn about the different functionalities and how they relate to your specific business.

Chantal P.
IT specialist in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Countless possibilities could be a good thing but sometimes not

5 8 months ago

Comments: Better delivery rate, reports are more detailed, contact management is better handled in AC. The use of tags is better.

Pros:

The automation feature is a great tool to follow your potential clients in their purchase thoughts. I like all the features in CONTACS. It's easy to add tags, lists, send campaigns, add comments.

Cons:

Cannot share the campaigns in our social media. Features in the PAGES (funnels) are limited compared to other sales funnels softwares. Campaign templates are limited. It would be a could complement to have a survey feature(basic survey). There are lots of events and emails. It's overwhelming. It's time consuming and if I don't participate, I feel like I'm missing out of lots of stuff. You need to be very much focused on your tasks and what's important for your company so you don't let yourself so in all the directions and loose the essence of why you purchased it in the first place. The creation of email campaign has less design features then mailchimp.

Alternatives Considered: MailerLite

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign: The need for several lists, automation and the price

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: recommanded by piers

Nathan A.
Nathan A.
Global MDF Claiming Manager in US
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

Great Email Service for the Price!

5 last year

Comments: Good to work with and good email deliverability which is the most important thing. Overall, good value and quality of automations at an affordable price compared to competitors. Not cheap, but also not super expensive and complex to run like Infusionsoft. Similar to ConvertKit in my opinion, but better automations.

Pros:

It took a little while to understand everything in terms of automations and advanced features, but after I learned it I found the automations and email campaign features very easy to use. You can setup great advanced email campaigns and segmentation in a relatively simple way. Great for small businesses like ours

Cons:

I think the product offers everything we could need. I wish the SMS service was offered for a lower plan like ours, but otherwise it's great.

Alternatives Considered: Keap, ConvertKit and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: Affordable price and good quality service and recommendations from others.

Marco S.
Marketing Consultant in Italy

One of the best marketing automation software

5 2 years ago

Pros:

ActiveCampaing is easy to use but its modular approach allows you to do very complex things. I really like the automation features. ActiveCampaign is also integrated with most e-commerce and online services.

Cons:

It does not yet have native GDRP management. Numerous configurations are required to comply with the standards.

Alternatives Considered: Marketo Engage, Pardot and HubSpot Marketing Hub

Switched From: MagNews

Mark B.
Mark B.
Founder in US

The product is great, but the real game changer is the people!!

5 9 months ago

Comments: Phenomenal customer service. Great training, support, sales, and customer success people. The training, the consulting sessions, and follow ups have all been very well managed and super professional, but also fun.

Pros:

I like that it covers all the bases: email, web chat, landing pages, forms, campaigns, deal management. The interface is nice and clean. Not cluttered like some other applications. The setup and administration is fairly straightforward. The VERY best thing is that EVERY person I've talked to or chatted with has been A+. Super helpful, above and beyond the call of duty. I'm super impressed with the people.

Cons:

The deals management functionality needs some work, but I love the simplicity. I want to configure it more than I can today.

Enagement Manager in US
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

A heavyweight automation platform with outstanding support at a reasonable price

5 8 months ago

Comments: Activecampaign does what it says it is going to do. A rarity nowadays. Additionally, they allow us to scale our list up and down and adjust price accordingly (we are in a college area and list size varies according to season. Once students leave, they are no longer interested in receiving emails.)

Pros:

I came to Activecampaign from Aweber. We had been using Aweber for years. We switched in 2018 and never looked back

Cons:

It has a lot of features. Not necessarily a con, but we found ourselves not exploring the features other than "sending emails" for several months. We came from aweber and were not aware of the additional features that Activecampaign could bring to bear.

Alternatives Considered: Keap

Switched From: AWeber

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: we tried infusionsoft / Keap and just said no.

Wendy B.
Director in Australia
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

Easy to use and not horribly expensive

4 11 months ago

Comments: The team are always incredibly knowledgeable and helpful whenever I'm trying to do something new or tricky.

Pros:

Easy to set up new automations and lists and it has multiple applications within my business

Cons:

I would like the task system to be refined an have more of a calendar feel

Alternatives Considered: Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign: It was too expensive

Switched From: Keap

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: Functionality and cost

James S.
Owner in Canada

Fantastic Automation Software

5 last year

Comments: Fantastic.

Pros:

AC is super intuitive and easy to use. The automation features are honestly an insane value. You can effectively use this software to automate the work that would otherwise require tens of full-time staff in order to complete manually. Everything works as it should, their support is great when you need them (which in my experience has been infrequently), and the price is great.

Cons:

II honestly have nothing bad to say. AC does a great job in my opinion of knowing what they're great at and focusing on that. They don't offer a bunch of useless bells and whistles like some other companies do, and they don't try to be something that they're not. AC does email automation, and they do it well.

Alternatives Considered: Keap

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: Much less expensive and easier to use.

Larry G.
Business Development in US

Easy Choice

5 last year

Comments: AC allows you to get up and running quickly. The visualization makes it simple and quick to setup automations that would take me 5 times longer using other software. Form builder allows fields to be automatically populated in AC when a prospect opts in within one of my funnels without any need for a zap. The forms also include useful built in actions to make it quick and easy for setup.

Pros:

Easy setup. Visualized automations. Form builder easily integrates with my funnel

Cons:

Had to use a couple workarounds to get one of my Zaps to work. Integration with Google Sheets has not produced the exact result I’m looking for and I was told by support that it would require custom development.

Alternatives Considered: Constant Contact

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign: Recommendation of someone using AC.

Switched From: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: We chose AC because the we’re flexible with their trial which allowed us to complete evaluate the software. This enabled us to build automations during the trial period which made it clear this was the software for us.

Catherine B.
Owner in US

Affordable Automation

5 3 years ago

Comments: I needed something more robust than Mailchimp, but I didn't want to invest in an enterprise-level automation tool. ActiveCampaign fits that spot nicely for me. I have what I'd consider enterprise-level features with respect to automation and behavior tracking, but at a much lower price point.

Pros:

ActiveCampaign has a very deep feature set for the price. Yes, you can build and send emails, and that part works just fine. But the automation features are the standout, as you can build out rich engagement pathways based on user interactions.

Cons:

The email editor can sometimes be buggy. If I copy a sent campaign to create a new one and then make changes, sometimes the changes don't save. I've made it a habit to make the change, save and exit. Then I'll go back in to the editor before sending out a test. Otherwise, I'll send the test and some of my changes revert to the old version for some reason. Also, there's not an easy "undo" in the editor. The application stores revisions and you can revert to prior revisions, but that seems more complicated than a simple undo button.

Alternatives Considered: Mailchimp, GetResponse and HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: ActiveCampaign allows me to build automations using pageviews on the website as a trigger. Hubspot can do this also, but it costs more and comes with many other features that I probably wouldn't use.

Alex V.
Head of IT in Australia
Banking, 11-50 Employees

Easy to use with powerful featured

5 last year

Comments: So far our experience has been very positive, and I would recommend ActiveCampaign to anyone who needs a marketing platform with advanced capabilities, or who has a large mailing list like us.

Pros:

The setup of the platform was straightforward and it was very easy to get started. Our account manager has been very help. We had some initial compliance issues with getting our first campaign approved, but our account manager was super helpful in getting it through, and we have had no issues since. The platform is very powerful and we have only just begun to scratch the surface of its capabilities. Despite all the capabilities, it is very easy to send our a simple mailout, without needing to go through all the extra features, but when we have used the automation and integration features, the interface was easy to use, and we had no trouble achieving our requirements.

Cons:

The only downside to the implementation was that it took a few days of back and forth to get through the checking process for our first email campaign. The initial requirements we were given were completely irrelevant

Vlad M.
Entrepreneur in Romania
Online Media, Self Employed

Impressed since day one ...

5 last year

Comments: Considering that most other software tools I use have the option to integrate with AC (which is super handy) and that through the automations I'm able to build in AC I'm able to simplify my marketing and boost results, and all for a very reasonable price, Active Campaign is a no-brainer for me and my business.

Pros:

From day one I've always been a fan of AC, their marketing automations are easy to set up and use to boost my e-mail marketing and take it to a whole new level. Through their solution I'm easily able to automate, segment and communicate with my leads and customers and I'm not limited by a lack of functionality like with so many other providers.

Cons:

The only real thing that always bugged me in AC is their labeling system for things like automations, forms, lists etc. It's a minor thing but it could be a lot more intuitive considering it's a basic function. The only other thing I can think to mention is that, although their customer support is great, it can take over an hour sometimes sitting on their support chat before a representative comes on.

Mylvio M.
Mylvio M.
Marketing Manager in Ireland
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees

Very Flexible Product

5 2 years ago

Comments: A very powerful software that helps us save time, automate processes, scale the business.

Pros:

The automation system is really powerful. We can do almost everything within it to achieve our primary goals.

Cons:

The UI is a bit old, but you get used to it. The filters for the fields in searching functionality can be improved so we can search for terms in a particular column.

Alternatives Considered: HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign: Batter automation.

Switched From: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: The best for value.

Lynsey C.
Owner in UK
Executive Office, Self Employed

Incredible System

5 last year

Comments: I help clients build and create funnels hence why I used ActiveCampaign daily.

Pros:

The integration with the business is incredible, moving from Mailchimp to Activecampaign was seamless with their migration option. I also recommend Activecampaign to all clients as I feel it has the best offering for list building and growing a community.

Cons:

It doesn't have a landing page builder, if you were able to implement that, that would be amazing!

Alternatives Considered: MailerLite and ConvertKit

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign: Cross communication between lists

Switched From: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: The automation setup was far more superior.