• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.4 /5

About mHelpDesk

The fastest, easiest, and highest value service management software to automate everything from first customer contact to getting paid.

Learn more about mHelpDesk

Showing 25 reviews of 794

Mark J.
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2018

"Our experience has been extremely positive. No other company would go this far for a customer."

Comments: We are completely cloud-based, completely mobile, our response time has decreased and profits have increased. We have found a vendor/partner that listens. We truly have an integrated product from end-to-end. Service calls/requests for quotes come in, an excellent work product goes out, seamlessly.

Pros: The field app is very strong and that is a must. The admin provides a true workflow experience. The software is as flexible as it can be, provides true integration to QB, and has cut our entry time in half. Our profits are up and communication is vastly improved. The cloud feature fits our Disaster Response plan. Their customer service is the best I have seen and we have tried many.

Cons: Very little to dislike. They are always improving. I would like to see an inventory module, and Ajax searches would be a real improvement. But overall, they are the "best-in-class".

by mHelpDesk on 05/02/2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on mHelpDesk Mark! We are so happy to work with you and VIALARM.

• Reviewed on 02/02/2018
Tanya C.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/09/2018

"have used for 4 years now"

Comments: We were much happier with the original version and while we continue to use the software, I still and looking for a new option to try.

Pros: It is fairly easy to use. We mainly use it to create invoices and work orders that we print and send to customers. The customization of forms was great when they helped us initially set it up.

Cons: We acutally loved this product when we first started using it. We used it on a desktop in the office. We were on the original version until they kicked us off and told us it was not longer available. The do not truly think of the people who have to use it on a desktop at all. The font is so light that I literally get a headache each day trying to read it on my 20inch monitor. I have already enlarged the magnification and then when I try to create new customers or other things, you cannot see the save button on the enlarged screen.
We have tried to tell them this, but to no avail. Why would you not think there are people working in offices on desktops and laptops still??? Since they have Home Advisor, Mhelp seems to be the step child and they no longer allow you to make suggestions. I guess they do not care anymore what their customers think.

• Reviewed on 06/09/2018
Doris R.
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2014

"Great Service Management Software with Excellent Customer Support!"

Comments: We have been searching for an integrated solution for our service-based business for a long time. Many companies say they can provide what you need, but Mhelpdesk actually delivers! Compared to other software, we have found the product as follows: User-Friendly, Extremely Customizable, Inexpensive upfront and monthly costs & NO CONTRACT, Quickbooks integration, Free weekly interactive training, Excellent Customer Service. Personally, I have never worked with a company, who cares as much about Customer Happiness! We signed up on July 2nd, and I have spoken to my Sales Rep (Mike), Trainer (Lauren), Director (Melanie), Support (Kaylea), Quickbooks Specialist (Felix)... I feel like I know the whole team, already! They take time to listen to your needs, and then help you transform the program. They always make you feel important as they take time to deal with your questions. Lauren has really gone out of her way to quickly answer emails, return my phone calls, find a solution for me, or connect me with the right person. I can't think of any other software company, who has worked as hard to make sure their clients are happy, and working efficiently with their product. They have a contact us tab within the software, where you can submit online service requests. In addition, they have a feature requests tab on that same page, and they take the suggestions very serious. There is an update listed on that screen which shows the status of these suggestions as well, and you can vote on them. I am looking forward to the new mobile app that will be released soon. Outlook/Exchange calendar integration is also around the corner, as well as the Client/Server edition of the software. As the owner of my company, I am involved in each job from the beginning to completion. I not only go out in the field and provide onsite services, I remote into clients, and then I have to review work orders from my technicians before I can send invoices to my customers. I handle all of my accounting data entry on top of the service work. I spend so much time working for my clients on solving their issues, that it takes me forever to go back and bill them. I know that Mhelpdesk is going to change my business by organizing my workflow, which will help with cashflow. I am excited to finish tweaking the system so I can reduce my work hours and have more time to enjoy my personal life! Mhelpdesk is on the leading edge of technology and I am so glad to be along for the ride!

• Reviewed on 17/07/2014
Christopher C.
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2015

"Mhelpdesk was a LIFESAVER"

Comments: Having never worked in a service management role before, I was nervous to jump right into my company. During my first year, I learned the ways of our day to day business practices in which we utilized a carbon copy paper system to develop our hand written work orders that contained 3 pages; One for the customer, one for billing and one for our records. Though this system was working adequately, I couldn't help but feel as though there was room for improvement in the aspect of efficiency. As it was, The office would receive a service call for a unit, in which that call would be dispatched out to a field engineer. Once on site and the problem was fixed, our engineer would complete a report and then leave a copy with our customer and save the remaining two for our office staff to complete which would be brought into our main office at the end of the work week. When I began the search for different Service Management software options, I continually found that many systems were either too expensive, or had more features than we would ever need to use. When I came across Mhelpdesk, I used the free trial and to be honest, I didn't utilize it to the full extent just because of the amount of information that we needed to input, but something that really stood out was the customer service experience. Anytime I would reach out to the happiness team, or sales teams, they were more than flexible to work with our timelines, and all of our questions. It was then I knew this was the company I wanted to bring to my superiors and really sell to our office team to really work on switching over too. Once we made the decision to begin implementing Mhelpdesk, this task was extremely difficult in the fact that we service an entire region with hundreds of different units. Working with the Customer Success team was a LIFESAVER. Our Success coach was Aubrey, and she was amazing. Extremely patient and always prompt with all of our meetings and phone conferences. She really worked to make our transition as seamless as possible. Still to this day, she has helped answer questions that I have had here and there. We are really looking forward to the new version and new features to come out that I know will really help our organization excel that much more!

• Reviewed on 20/03/2015
Luis C.
VP-Technology & Engineering
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/07/2018

"A good value for the money"

Comments: If you are a small business provider that offers services and MSP type services, this is worth a look. This has worked out for us being a small security systems integrator that has a nationwide footprint.

Pros: A good value with some customization ability. The support team was top notch in assisting in getting us setup. It was the best solution to fit our needs out of having looked at over half a dozen name brand competitors, many of which didn't have the useful features mHelpDesk does. General support is also pretty good.

Cons: We were not able to import as many field from the CSV export from our old system as we would have liked. Some custom fields are apparently not searchable. If you have clients that have leases, they currently lack an effective way to track different leases and the equipment on those leases associated with the same customer. But they have been very receptive to this feedback and hopefully will have a solution soon.
They advertise a time and attendance timeclock function but I do not see it as very usable yet.

• Reviewed on 05/07/2018
Stacy S.
OFFICE MANAGER
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2018

"KNOWLEDGEABLE STAFF!"

Comments: Today, mHelpDesk Support offered me a work-around inside estimate/invoicing PDFs to help display important info to my customers. In addition, they added a field to my invoice (which I couldn't have figured out myself) within a few minutes. I could go on...

Pros: The mHelpDesk Customer Support Team is terrific. I have had to reach out a few times in the past 3+ years I've been using the platform, to learn how to make the system work better (on my end) for my company. EVERY SINGLE CALL was answered in a friendly and knowledgeable manner.

Cons: I needed some coaching on how to relocate line items. With a helpful pointer, I was able to do it easily.

• Reviewed on 17/02/2018
Mark B.
  • Reviewed on 18/02/2010

"Magic Turn Key"

Comments: this software has made my life a ton easier. I used to work on an access database and i would constantly have to worry about fixing things all the time. The database would go down. I would get errors. I did not have the extra man hours to be worrying about this. its important to me not to have to worry about these kinds of things. They should just work and mhelpdesk has done that for me and saved me way more money in man hours alone trying to solve an issue on my server. now they solve issues for me, but needless to say i have only had 1 issue and they took care of it within 15 minutes...The best customer service that i have ever experienced for a service such as this. I highly recommend any one in a service based business from, mechanics, lawn services, cleaning services (any appointment based services) to use this software to keep track of invoicing (yes integrates with quickbooks too) scheduling, customer information, details of jobs done and to keep track of what employees do.

Pros: This software has many pros... * easily integrates
*easy to pull from your database
*rarely ever down
*totally customizable to fit your needs wether it is a mechanic or Computer company such as myself.
*customer service is out of this world, the company listens to its customers for improvments all the way and they are extremely receptive to all suggestions.
*every feature is great and molds to your business how you would like
*Also because it is browser based my employees in the field can complete work order right at the jobsite instead of filling out papers and putting them in the database later..saves a ton of paperwork money as I like to call it .

Cons: *you pay per user so for a small business its a lot to have just 4 poeple using it.....

• Reviewed on 18/02/2010
Beth T.
  • Reviewed on 22/01/2018

"Looks good, doesn't work- waste of time and money"

Comments: I spent a year shopping for a program, speaking with sales and doing demos. This won out on every aspect. Unfortunately nothing was as it seemed. We spent a lot of time implementing in training, only to find out months later when we started using it regularly that it actually doesn't work. It's like a bad relationship that you can't break up with because you feel you invested too much time into it. However, like a bad relationship you can't let it ruin your life. I lost thousands of dollars, hours of unbillable labor, most recently a client and a very big job because we appear inept (from relying on MHelp). I'm breaking up and moving on. Probably filing reports with the AG and BBB.

Pros: There would be many pros if everything in this app actually worked. It looks good, but clearly it's just packaging. It's glitchy and you won't find out until after spending hours and hours of labor getting it set up

Cons: Client info is frequently deleted so I have to contact clients to get info they've already provided , tax areas changed and deleted so my invoices and estimates will suddenly be wrong and I have to contact clients to let them know their bill/ estimate is incorrect. Text notification of new jobs are blank so they are pointless. Employees cannot connect- with or without internet. "Offline" mode does not work as we can't see any stored info (it doesn't cache). Everything I was told this product does sounded great during the sales pitch, but in actuality none of it actually works . A year and thousands of dollars later, a program that was supposed to make my life easier is running my business into the ground .

• Reviewed on 22/01/2018
David G.
Remodeling Contractor
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2018

"A Little Pricey For What You Get"

Comments: All in all, a good bit of software, and it probably ends up being worth the (relatively steep) price.

Pros: Ease of use is great. I like that I can start to build an estimate on my phone, finish it on my computer, and have it emailed directly to my client. Can't beat that for the world.

Cons: Considering some of the shortage of features, I think the charge is over-priced for what you get. I am still in my free trial month, and I'm debating with myself about whether I want to spring for the cost per month for this. I'll probably keep it, but it's iffy. Regarding the shortage of features, for this price, I should be able to do just about anything I want with invoices, but they are relatively static. For instance, you don't have much flexibility on how your estimates will function. You can make them LOOK different, but if you want, for example to have materials and labor estimates be completely separate (as I like to because my customers often like to buy their own materials due to military discounts or shopping around), you just can't do it. That's a shame because it's an obvious enough feature that your random pack of carbon invoices from Office Max will have that division.

• Reviewed on 22/02/2018
Torey W.
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2015

"The best of them all, trust me, I would know!"

Comments: Since we started our small service company two years ago, we quickly realized how the leg work of the service industry can be a full time job in It's self. We tried five separate services to help manage our work, appointments, invoices, and estimates and of all five, only ONE could deliver what we needed. With entirely customizable layouts, templates, and features, Mhekpdesk has fully allowed us to maintain a lean, yet undeniably effecienty opperating procedure. Keeping our work orders or tickets organized, with associated information such as details of the job, materials, appointments, invoicing and estimating, helps streamline our entire operation tremendously. Furthermore, when we experieced any issues, we immediately called their support staff and received extremely quick responses. Not once has an issue gone unresolved, including custom made HTML code for our invoices, which was created specefically for our needs by Mhelpdesk staff To incorporate payment information on the bottom of our clients final invoices. The best part of Mhelpdesk, aside from the perfectly performing software, great support staff, and extremely fair pricing, has to be the interface in which you use their services. Offering both a desktop and mobile version, Mhelpdesk is extremely easy to setup, customize, and navigate. I have recommended this service to everyone I know personally who is in business because I find as if this utility is an absolutely necessary asset in any workplace. Our effeciency has more than doubled and has easilly allowed our very limited staff to operate at much larger capacaties! Everyone we do business with is blown away by how were so 'on top' of things, and I owe that to the great guys and girls at Mhelpdesk.

• Reviewed on 18/03/2015
Sylvette F.
Oil & Energy, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2020

"Poor Support - Poor Reporting"

Comments: Customer services is lacking. Reports are basically non-existent. Requests to incorporate a feature to help the software grow into a more robust platform are not incorporated, in essence ignored. Opening a case for support took over 3 weeks! Software freezes and there are down-times that impact the daily operation and dispatching of technicians.

Pros: Clean design, simple setup. This was our first step in taking the business from paper to a software with mobile capabilities.

Cons: There are VERY limited reports, unable to scale a business with this software. It was a step between paper and a more robust software.
Not able to count the how many reoccurring clients or the value for a specific business line item.

• Reviewed on 29/01/2020
Angela S.
office administrator
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2018

"Great office help"

Pros: Easy jobs, invoices, and estimates which make it easy for office and technicians to know what jobs to do. The company is very helpful if a problem does arise.

Cons: Not many Cons because I can't think of any right now. The only thing would be changing the templates but even when a problem arose the customer service is great and helped us through to what we needed.

• Reviewed on 15/05/2018
Audrey A.
.Net web developer
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/10/2018

"mHelpDesk saves the day and make your life easier."

Comments: You can learn this product easy as 1, 2, 3 and it will help you succeed on your company goals .

Pros: This product is great is so great that it's interface setting are can be customize easily and its customer service is very accommodating they will teach you how to use there product and seriously speaking they have a lot of patients until you learn your concern on your product.

Cons: I don't have any bad comments on this product , but I want improvements making you monitored your personnel knowing there location from time to time would be so much helpful.

• Reviewed on 06/10/2018
Mark P.
Facilities Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2019

"From Tricycle to Jet Plane"

Comments: Very Positive

Pros: Well organized Custom Fields and Work Types Features. MHelpDesk had every feature on our Deal Breakers List. It also had features we didn't think we would need, that have turned out to be really great.

Cons: Would like to use inventory without having it track in Quickbooks.

by mHelpDesk on 15/02/2019

Thanks so much for sharing this feedback Mark! I also wanted to let you know that you can absolutely use our inventory feature without QuickBooks--please contact our account support team so they can help you get that set up. We appreciate your business!

• Reviewed on 14/02/2019
Donna D.
VP
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2019

"mHelpDesk Support Desk"

Comments: I wanted to add a credit card processing fee and with the help of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at the support team, I was able to do this easily.

Pros: Customer Support usually has a solution for most of my questions.

Cons: The reporting function is still an issue

by mHelpDesk on 18/01/2019

Hi Donna! Thanks so much for the feedback on our product and service. We're so grateful to have House Doctors' business...

• Reviewed on 15/01/2019
Suzanne H.
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2013

Comments: PC Dr. is a computer service/repair and sales business. We have a storefront and we offer in house service or onsite service to commercial and residential customers. After the first couple of years, my business started growing at a rapid rate and I knew it was time to start looking for a customer tracking software. I started with a couple of well known programs that would give me the customer tracking part, but that was it. I needed one that would offer customer tracking, asset tracking, integration with Quickbooks, and of course one that was user friendly. I was desperate for something that could also increase my productivity, and after browsing the web I stumbled upon Mhelpdesk. There was a free trial period so I figured I would try it since I had nothing to lose. I immediately fell in love. I was able to import all of my current customers from Quickbooks so it made the transition seamless. I was also thrilled when I realized they had an app for my iPhone and iPad so I could use it onsite. One of the best features is that I can export all of my financial data into Quickbooks and send it straight to my accountant. The cost of this software is very affordable, which was also a big concern since we are a small business. The customer support is very eager to help and to resolve any incidents immediately. Within the past year and a half that PC Dr. has been using Mhelpdesk, our profits have increased due to our increased productivity and we know we will always have the best features available since Mhelpdesk is always updating their software!!!

• Reviewed on 15/05/2013
Angela W.
Operations Mangager
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2018

"Works great and does most of its features well."

Pros: Mhelpdesk does a lot of different things and most of them well. The invoicing, scheduling, and customer database features are easy to use, have virtually no glitches and are always being improved.

Cons: The clock in features are a mess. So many errors when they rolled it out that we gave up after a few months and switched to Tsheets. They may have fixed it by now, but I don;t know since we moved on from that feature.

• Reviewed on 06/06/2018
Tenley W.
Office Admin
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/06/2020

"mHelpDesk Review"

Comments: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was a great help to me on [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. She was able to help me Synch thew invoices and payments I could not push over. Thank you!

Pros: MHelp works with QuickBooks Pro Ease of use

Cons: At times, there seems to be a delay in the connection.

• Reviewed on 08/06/2020
Kathryn D.
Sports, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2018

"Terrible"

Comments: It tortured us for 2 years!

Pros: At this point NONE, it is overly complicated, inflexible and often doesn't even work as it should! They do not respond in a timely manner. 2 years ago before the company was bought out they were better, they at least tried to help although the program was still glitchy then too!

Cons: It is full of fatal glitches which render the program useless!!! The tech staff are polite but completely not knowledgable and so unhelpful. The phone app would not display our workers jobs, it has been 10 days and the issue remains unfixed!

by mHelpDesk on 02/08/2018

Hi Kathryn,
This feedback is very difficult to read, but we appreciate your taking the time to send it. Clearly we value you as a long time customer and would like the opportunity to see if we can resolve the issues you've experienced. We'll be reaching out today to see if there's anything that we can do. Thank you, and we sincerely apologize for the challenges you've had with our product.

• Reviewed on 01/08/2018
David B.
I.T. Supervisor
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2018

"Extremely useful for service providing companies"

Pros: Ease of use.
MHelpDesk also has a mobile app with everything you need to provide successful service.
This app takes care of EVERYTHING from adding a new customer all the way to accepting payment.

• Reviewed on 05/02/2018
Jamie G.
Accounting
    4.5 /5
    3.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2016

"mHelpdesk- good not great. Bugs with with workarounds."

Pros: For our needs, mHD was the best of what was available. We knew it wasn't perfect, but we took a chance and it paid off.
I love that the software is web based, easy to understand and work with. The people at mHD are very responsive and very nice usually we get answers to any given question within a 24-hour period, often the same day.

Cons: We've had a number of issues with the software and customization of the software. For most issues they were able to offer workarounds. But for some, there is simply no solution and we have not heard back about them. I guess I feel like some commitments have not been met, while others have been met beyond expectations.

• Reviewed on 20/09/2016
Silke B.
Co-owner
  • Reviewed on 28/08/2018

"I really like the 'simplicity' of mhelpdesk."

Comments: We are residential electricians and mhelpdesk is helping us to schedule the appointments with our customers, get written all quotes (also done in mhelpdesk) customer approved, invoices sent out, payments made right through the program and now we can sent out a receipt to our customers for the paid invoices. We love it! It's easy to maneuver even for people like myself, who is not very tech savy. Whenever we had an issue, we connected with their super friendly, professional customer service and had our problems resolved in no time.
We certainly highly recommend mhelpdesk.

Pros: It's easy to use and has a simple, easy to follow step by step scheduling/invoicing program.
It can be customized to fit your company's process.

Cons: With the current currency exchange (we are from Canada) it is quite pricey. We would like the app to load faster.

• Reviewed on 28/08/2018
Tammy P.
Project/Property Manager
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2019

"Great Software"

Comments: Fantastic customer support! I would highly recommend this easy to use software.

Pros: It's ease of use is great for our staff. Customer support is great to work with, helpful and very knowledgeable.

Cons: We would like to add a customized field but it is not an option.

by mHelpDesk on 17/04/2019

Thanks, Tammy! We love to hear that mHelpDesk is easy to use and that Customer Support has been helpful. We have support for custom fields, so please let us know what you want to do and we'll be happy to help. Thank you for being a customer!

• Reviewed on 16/04/2019
Meaghan T.
Secretary
  • Reviewed on 01/03/2018

"A Breath of Fresh Air!"

Comments: mHelpDesk, the app and it's entire staff is truly a breath of fresh air!!

Pros: I just love that mHelpDesk is always accessible! The chat feature is TOTALLY AWESOME! Every employee we have dealt with has been GREAT! So happy we chose mHelp!

Cons: I don't like that you are limited to 1 invoice and 1 estimate per job! We have customers who call us to have a few separate estimates done at once and it becomes a pain when you can't attach the others to the job!

• Reviewed on 01/03/2018
Ted L.
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2017

"Good software growing in capabilities"

Comments: A good product that needs to continue focusing on the needs of the users-- could be a super robust program and I think it is getting there.

Pros: Good for client info, scheduling, historical info at sites, etc.

Cons: Not a very good time tracking system-- we use Tsheets for that as it is more robust for PTO, Holidays, job reports, etc.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2017