Filter by:

• Overall

About RetailEdge

Affordable, powerful POS software; integrated point of sale systems and inventory management software for retail businesses.

Learn more about RetailEdge

Eric M.
Eric M.
General Manager in US
Retail

We have been using RE since 2007 and have been very happy overall.

5 4 years ago

Comments: It's an effective way for us to manage our inventory and reports with out a high cost. I do wish there were a userface update to be more "modern" and the ability to look up customers who haven't been here since, say, 2015. More in depth reporting can be beneficial as well.

Pros:

The affordability is nice, compared to others that I've shopped around for. We purchased our setup in 2007 and we have since added to it, and have a total of three key FOB's (2 machines, 1 backup) for our business. I can operate the system in my sleep because I'm familiar w/ it, which makes it very hard to consider changing to another system. After digging into the features I was looking for, I found that with a modest purchase, RE can do everything that I want and need it to do.

Cons:

I have asked for some features over the years that seem simple and would be useful for the wide variety of customers as well. However, I think my biggest dislike is the inability to get a beep when a negative item is scanned and we're not looking at the screen. Example: We sell canned cat foods, and often times, we sell 24-72 of them at a time. Most of these cans have to be scanned at least once. Errors happen, and if our inventory is off or the items have arrived before being put in, there will be a negative. If you aren't looking at the screen, you'll simply not see the "are you sure" notification, which another scan of a can hits "ok" We have trained ourself for the most part, but it would still be nice to have an alert.

Dale R.
Managing Director in Trinidad & Tobago

Excellent Product

5 7 months ago

Comments: Oh! This has been a great experience for managing inventory and for processing sales in a professional manner. Both for the customer and cashier's experience.

Pros:

I like that I have the option of Free email tech support and that updates are reasonably priced via the bronze package. The replies are always courteous and helpful. Plus, I know that I have the paid one off tech support service which I used once due to the urgency of the issue. I can't complain about the actual software because I am extremely satisfied.

Cons:

I wish that I could refund a store credit via cash instead of only being able to apply it to an invoice. Sometimes, I need to refund a customer their store credit and I have to do lots of work arounds. It would be nicer to have a totally revamped discount system. I find creating promotions and renewing them tedious. The options are adequate, but the interface is not user-friendly for regular changes... it just needs to be an easier faster process for the person inputting the promotions. Again, possibly a total revamp instead of updates. Maybe an up-loadable spread sheet would be an option as there are sometimes so many items to create promotions for that my ability to create promotions becomes frustrating.

Sara T.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Feature Rich, Robust & Easy to Use Store Management Software

5 2 years ago

Comments: In investigating RE, I emailed the company many, many times. I always got a prompt, complete reply that covered all of my concerns. They were patient and helped me transfer data twice, as the new computer crashed and had to be repaired, then the software reinstalled. In refining the program for my vitamin shop, they have been helpful every step of the way, often offering solutions from their own experience using RE.

Pros:

-soft learning curve -excellent reports -feature rich -extreme value for the price - wicked awesome support -easy to update inventory

Cons:

- minor tweaks that may well be built in later- just getting used to another system, nothing really against RE

John S.
President in US
Food Production, 11-50 Employees

Intelligent Choice

5 7 months ago

Comments: We have now used RetailEdge for five years, and it has been trouble free, it has saved us at least $3,000.00 in lease fees for similar software, tremendous value for businesses large or small.

Pros:

We consciously set out to find a retail software that was not a month to month rental, but one in which we could outright purchase. RetailEdge was one of the few products out there, but it is everything we wanted and more. The cost savings, despite the upfront costs of purchasing the software, it paid for itself in the first year easily. And has saved us at least $600.00 per year in rental fees for similar software products that only lease on a month to month basis.

Cons:

Nothing, it ticks all the boxes we were looking for.

Joshua H.
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Don't spend too much on your POS!

5 last year

Comments: Customer service is great. I am very happy. I would recommend to others (and have)

Pros:

I loved the price. But I did a lot of research before I bought. It took me months to decide. I loved that I could use my own hardware. It really does it all. The price compared to other companies is 50-70% lower with more features and no annual fees if you don't want the latest version. Room for expansion is awesome. Adding another terminal does not cost an arm and a leg with other products. To have a non-web based POS software that does it all for this price is amazing.

Cons:

When you first buy it you don't get full use of the software until you talk to a rep. It would be nice just to have a license key.

Employee Benefits & Small Business Consultant in US
Insurance

Flexible: Can be as complicated or as simple of a system that you want.

4 4 years ago

Pros:

There are actually a lot of features that I like about this program. The program is "forgiving". If you make a mistake, there are lots of options for fixing your error. Voiding and reissuing a transaction is easy. You can merge items or customers if you accidentally set them up two different ways. Also, you can use one UPC for many items using their alias feature. So, say you have a bunch of "eaches" - you only have one of that item, but you want to scan the UPC but you don't want to clog up your inventory with all of those one time items, you can add each UPC as an alias and when you scan that UPC, they are all under the same item. To accept the "exact balance", you can just hit "+" in the payment field and it will take it as the full amount instead of having to type in the amount paid.

Cons:

They took away the columns for quantity and last action date in Inventory list (unless you export). So, if you pull up the inventory list, you'd have to look at each one individually to see the quantity in stock instead of it being a column you can just view.

Sam F.
Treasurer in US

Better then most.

4 3 years ago

Comments: I am a believer in this brand constantly being updated to increase our needs. Customer support has been awesome all the time I have no overall complaints about this software.

Pros:

I like how easy it is to get started using the software. I can keep track of basic info about my inventory and it has helped us grow our company from a startup to 2 locations. I like how easy it is to make reports and it does what we need it to do keep track of Lay-ways and special orders. This software is better then others out in the market even if it has less fancy reports it still gets the job done for our store.

Cons:

I least like the lack of being able to keep a printer online with out it going in to sleep mode. I was told it was not a Retail Edge problem that windows was causing it but I have gotten used to my printer not working until I disconnect it and have to re-connect it to get it to print.

Khemarith K.
Manager in US
Retail, 11-50 Employees

We've been using Retail Edge for over 5 years now and we are satisfied with the product!

4 4 years ago

Pros:

There a few things that we like most about the software: 1. Inventory capabilities. Being able to run purchase orders based on previous sales within a specified date range is a big help. 2. Stability. The software has been fairly stable . There haven't been any major errors that disrupt any daily activities. If anything comes up, the tech support would typically come out with an update shortly after. 3. Tech Support. The tech support group has been very helpful with any issues we may have. For initial installation, they guided us via remote login and made things very easy.

Cons:

I described a couple issues that we've had to the Tech Support group. 1. Currently, we have to use the exempt rule feature to apply discounts to items which are already part of a discount class.

Tim O.
Owner in US

Retail Edge was a solution that allowed us a robust, feature rich system with a low entry cost.

5 4 years ago

Pros:

We love that we were able to use a lot of our own hardware, we can run remotely offline with their Island system and have multiple locations. Our budget was small, but the system affordable and delivered on our needs. We like that we can talk to someone and our Gold Support Plan allows us access to technicians when we need it.

Cons:

Some types of transactions are a little restrictive, however, it may be our own lack of knowledge. We continue to learn about the software and new ways to do things. Sometimes we are just too busy to learn more about it. To this end some additional webinars would be helpful routinely where we could get some online training and ask specific questions.

Vanessa M.

Best Value and Customer Service

5 3 years ago

Comments: Great. Excellent customer service and a great well priced product. I don't know what else you could ask for. I liked paying upfront and having minimal monthly fees. Most other companies have little to no up front costs but then their monthly fees are ridiculous. I plan on being in business a long time so this made the most sense to me. Maybe if you aren't sure if you'll be around in 5 years this wouldn't be for you but otherwise you will be saving a TON of money.

Pros:

No monthly fees. Powerful yet simple.

Cons:

Didn't work with the shopping cart on Weebly. Not able to have Loyalty dollars instantly apply.

Korie R.
OWNER in Canada
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees

The easiest to use and loaded with features

5 last year

Comments: the customer support team was amazing, we suffered from a computer crash and the the team helped us get back up and running very quickly

Pros:

We like the ease of adding inventory and products into the system which is the longest process of any system but retail edge made this quick.

Cons:

the only thing we wish we could do would be to modify or have the ability to change invoice numbers

Alaina P.
Museum Store Manager / Buyer in US
Museums & Institutions, 51-200 Employees

Have been using it to receive merchandise and as POS system for many years.

4 4 years ago

Pros:

Ease of use, receiving merchandise and inputting POs is easy and user friendly. We've been approached to change our software system many times over the years, and no one has convinced us that they'd be better or easier to use than Retail Edge.

Cons:

There are just a couple of features I wish could be personalized to my liking (mostly in terms of reports)

Peter N.
Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

Easy to use and run reports

5 4 years ago

Comments: Track sales day to day month to month and year to year by the minute.

Pros:

Detail of Reports help increase sales. We are able to track time and volume to the minute of each day. We are able to track the performance of a product.

Cons:

Inventory can be confusing to set up. The product code and description. If you had simila product up we could edit would help.

Larry H.
Business Owner in Canada
Retail, 2-10 Employees

From the purchase to installation the experience was awesome

5 4 years ago

Comments: excellent reporting and inventory control

Pros:

It is extremely easy to use with functionality that works for my type of business and probably any retail business

Cons:

Other than not being able to create a non-stock item code with a negative cost and retail amount, but I have been able to use 2 methods suggested by Retail Edge that works for my application

Peter N.
Manager/Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

Retail Edge reveiw

5 3 years ago

Comments: I have not find a help video on items, that would save me time on calling in for help.

Pros:

Pro : use the program that fits you and Service is Great

Cons:

The P.O. system is a little tricky could be easier Con: I have not found a help video on task, that would save me time on training and calling in for help.

Emmerson A.
Manager/Owner in Barbados

Multi-Currency

5 3 years ago

Comments: Excellent

Pros:

Easy of use, easy to train staff, communication between devices is excellent.

Cons:

Not able to handle multi currency at the different buy and sell rates

Regional CEM Project Consultant in Jamaica
Telecommunications

Retail edge is really easy to use and offer great support for our customers

5 4 years ago

Comments: Happy customers and great support team.

Pros:

Very simple to setup, training is good and easy user interface and ability to use in multiple locations

Cons:

There is not much cons to talk about. However, cComplex receipt layouts requires a little more dedication and we

Jayne M.
Co-owner in US

Some wonderful features but when we had inconsistencies and inaccuracies, the team could not resolve

3 3 years ago

Pros:

The reports are very useful. It is helpful with understanding stock, managing stock and the customer base.

Cons:

inaccuracies and errors in reports that can't be resolved with support help. We found customers with balances that were not accurate and the support team could not resolve the problem.

Jeanne O.
Proprietor in US

Great Program with Exceptional Customer Support!

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Comprehensive POS Software Program competitively priced with a one time payment to purchase. Excellent Customer Support with a hour of training included in the purchase price. Incredibly flexible and easy to use. Data stored at individual store site. No additional charges for Gift Cards.

Cons:

Sales Receipt difficult to customize. Only 4 lines at the bottom of the Sales Receipt to add store policies.

Shana W.
Retail, 11-50 Employees

Smokey Shay’s review

5 7 months ago

Comments: I have had nothing but positive interactions with the customer service department of retail edge everything has been incredibly smooth and very easy to use

Pros:

The register system is user-friendly and easy to teach new employees to use, if and when we ever have a problem retail edge customer service is very easy to use and they solve all problems in about 30 minutes or less… But problems are few and far between over the last 10 years of using this system

Cons:

The only issue I have had over the last 10 years as if an employee accidentally deletes a listing with the barcode still in the listing retail edge remembers that barcode and we do have an issue with having the “this item has been deleted” error message... I have found an easy work around by putting the barcode into the stock number field so that this error message does not happen

Owner, Buyer in US
Retail

Started RetailEdge in 2013 . Quickly proved to be faster, easier & 1/5 the cost of POS used before.

5 4 years ago

Comments: Saves money, makes money, saves time analyzing and ordering products.

Pros:

Pre-made Reports export to excel with 1 click. The customer loyalty program alone is worth the price of the program. The stand alone laptop workstations let me work anywhere. The support is personable, quick and detailed.

Cons:

Some of the reports I use the most require extra steps to create. There is a nice feature which gives you extra "custom" database fields for inventory and customers - but you cannot change the generic labels - which makes it hard to keep consistent across multiple users.

Michael Y.
Michael Y.
General Manager in Canada

Simple and amazing software!

5 4 years ago

Pros:

As a used bookstore we have utilized the customer features to track book credits. This allows us to see when our customers were last in and contact info to get them back! Simple and easy to use!!

Cons:

There is little I don't like about this software.. it's a software that it always in evolution. Having consistency when having doing reports... A default selection choice would be nice...

Lexy C.
Business Owner in Bermuda
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees

This software constantly grows with our business and there are features we still haven't used yet.

4 4 years ago

Comments: It is "as advertised" Easy to set up and implement. Easy to use once you figure out the many functionalities (and there are many). We add new customers with ease and can track their purchases and we can advise them of how soon until they get loyalty dollars. We can issue gift cards and track them. We can give charge accounts if we wish and charge whatever interest and if you integrate your software into your e-mail, bill them monthly (a feature we have yet to use). When entering a new PO and entering multiple new inventory items, I love being able to use the previous items UPC code and the ability to just change item number/description,etc. which saves me a TON of time from having to do each item from scratch. You can add new items on the fly while a customer stands there and the reports! I haven't even mentioned those! We can easily compare month to month, year over year sales. When renewing our insurance policy each year, it only takes minutes to get them the information they need. We also had to file an insurance claim a few years ago and this software saved our butts! We were able to easily look up inventory value quickly. The claims guy said it was the quickest and most detailed claim he'd ever seen!
I love that I can put in items sold in multiples and a box will pop up to ask how many. How you can have an unimaginable amount of departments and categories to insure you can pinpoint sales strengths and weaknesses. This software seems simple until you use it and realise that it's very complex and has so many features for the price. The ease of use fools one into thinking it's basic and may not have everything you need. ANY new business that I speak to I tell them about all of the features we use and them any we do not (ability to have touchscreen with pictures, integration of security cameras, ability to use scales and weigh product to sell). Another feature I almost forgot about is to track individual sales people's sales which has been very handy as we pay commission on some things and need to see who sold what at the end of each week.
I literally could go on and on and have to tell people when I gush about the software that we are not getting paid to push it. I will admit, it doesn't have the prettiest interface but when you use it, you can appreciate the loud colours and large buttons as you need to find things fast and you can with this software. I spent months researching software. This was our answer. BUY IT! It will not let you down!

Pros:

Top on my list is ability to serve multiple customers as they change their mind or go to get something else. I also love the ease of ordering when I generate PO's based on min/max quantities. The ability to have gift cards has been HUGE and one of the primary reasons we got this software. If a customer loses their card, due to extra information we put in at the time of purchase, we can find it and they can still use it. We've been able to easily add on more registers as our business has grown without any extra work being needed. Our customers love the ability to look up past purchases to aid them in their current purchases (to repeat or not repeat what was bought before). We both love the loyalty dollars feature which eliminates the need for punch cards. We also love the ability to do packages of items that we sell in monthly or quarterly specials. There are so many more features. We tell any new business this is THE only software they will ever need!

Woody L.
owner in US
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees

Excellent POS software with great inventory control and customer tracking

5 4 years ago

Comments: Inventory control and customer tracking, custom reports and more!

Pros:

The inventory control is wonderful! Can track when your shipments were received, cost averaging, qty on hand and more. The inventory control is second to none in my opinion! Customer tracking is great too! Can see when your customer bought items and how much they paid for it. All customizable too, so it really helps to see which products are moving in the different areas of interest or regions where they live. Customer loyalty program is an excellent addition for our customer base and they love it too! AND reports are customizable so you can see just about anything that is going on with your business right in the system. Before moving to Retail Edge (moved from REGIT after it was discontinued, which we used for almost 10 years), we researched several systems and each had problems or lacked features that we needed. We found Retail Edge and were amazed at all the features listed, and the ability to create custom reports and integrate with certain on-line store platforms. Retail Edge covers everything we needed for our business and gave us plenty of room to grow and expand on the features. Lastly, but most importantly, the client support is absolute excellent. Really never had any issues, but had numerous questions (and sometimes still do) and those tech guys answer our (sometimes stupid) questions quickly, honestly and most of all they are just very nice guys too! You can't go wrong with using Retail Edge!

Cons:

Well, not much to put here. I would like to see a report that is ran off the tax settings to make it a little easier for me to see what GOVT or RESALE/WHOLESALE customers have made purchases for my monthly sales tax reports. But we created our own custom report in the system and used one of the custom fields in the customer database to mark those customers, so we actually have this report. Just had to do a little custom settings in the reports.

Sister mary L.
Financial Manager in US
2-10 Employees

We have been using RE for over 16 years; in 2015 we switched POS, but 3 mos later were back with RE.

5 4 years ago

Pros:

I like the elasticity of the program, and the ease of getting around, as I manage sales, inventory, customers, PO's, receiving, etc. I am fairly functional in the program, yet know only a fraction of its potential. Just a few years ago, we inculcated the use of PO's in receiving, which has been to our advantage. We have full integration with our financial program, which we did not know was a possibility until we came back into RE. The main plus, I think, though, is the great (personable) tech support we have experienced in the past few years. The techs make their program work for the individual business. A few weeks ago I had a challenge with the integration of our online store, and I could hear those guys behind the tech trying to re-create the scenario, and come up with a fix. They usually are able to create an immediate work around, but then they send a ticket to the developers for a suggested change, and sometimes that is seen on a future update.

Cons:

The least thing I like about the software is a result of the best thing I like...and that is the many windows that remain open in the background. Every so often I take the time to clear the windows, to get me a fresh start. In working with PO's and inventory, the "Edit Purchase Order Item" and "Edit Inventory" windows look identical, and it is confusing which window is being worked in. Inadvertently the 'inventory count' could be change instead of entering the 'quantity to order.'