RetailEdge Reviews

by High Meadow Business Solutions

• Overall

About RetailEdge

Affordable, powerful POS software; integrated point of sale systems and inventory management software for retail businesses.

Learn more about RetailEdge

Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 21/10/2017

"For the last year, using RetailEdge has proved to be much easier than other POS systems I've used."

Pros: I like the thoroughness of the customer service team and how easy it is to train on usability. Any questions can be answered through the help tab or the customer service phone #.

Cons: Reports aren't inclusive for all types of apparel (Inventory, Sales by Stock # etc). Only compatible with Shopify as far as I know.

Hazel A.
Financial Services Consultant
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2017

"Retail Edger has allow our customer to have better control over the inventory for each location."

Comments: More accurate sales for the customer and daily location reports.

Pros: Easy of use, security features, reporting. For each location to be able to enter sales and at the end of the day because of the RECON feature general reports for each location at the head office.

Cons: Security sometimes can be a pain especially where a clerk has to log in each time she has to enter a sales.

• Reviewed on 31/10/2017
Connie G.
Retail Lead
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2017

"I have used this software for almost 12 year.s"

Pros: I manage a hospital gift shop with both employees and volunteers. It is user friendly, even for those who volunteer only a couple hours a week.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2017
Jim L.
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2017

"Nothing short of professional and knowledgable"

Comments: a great POS system

Pros: easy to navigate, support always looking to make the experience easy to under stand. Constantly upgrading to change with different situations.

• Reviewed on 28/10/2017
Teresa S.
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2017

"I love Retail Edge. Best POS system"

Comments: I use the software daily. I issue gift cards thought the system. I love the loyal customer part of the program.

Pros: The software is very easy to use. Training new employees is very easy. Ease of issuing gift cards..

Teresa S.
  • Reviewed on 13/05/2021

"Great Software"

Comments: I have used software for my three business and love the easy of it and the support.

Pros: This software is very user friendly and easy to set up.

Cons: I have not found anything I do not like about the software

• Reviewed on 13/05/2021
Shane L.
Facilities Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2017

"Great software, low initial cost and a low maintenance fee"

Pros: Tracks inventory, adjustable min max counts, creates PO's, tracks last cost, average cost, sales, everything you need for retail sales

Cons: When a sale is saved the list only has the customer ID number and not the customer name, not a big deal

Barney R.
Director of IT
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2017

"Great Software and Support!"

Comments: Ease of use and very inexpensive compared to what other softwares do.

Pros: Easy to use. Easy to install. Very user-friendly. For what you can do with the software, it is very affordable. We have been very happy with all the features we use in the software.

• Reviewed on 11/12/2017
Jesse C.
owner /manager
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2017

"from 2007 to 2017 Retail edge is great software cuz easy to use and good for inventory."

Comments: my sales increasing , fast sale , easy to use any age person can use so easy.

Pros: Everything, your sales and reports, inventory, it's very good software to use and recommend to my lots of friend and one of my liquor store friend running this software and he also glad to me.

Perry J.
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2017

"Awesone, state we live in did sales tax audit said Retail Edge was great POS"

Comments: Great business picture of sales and breaknown of inventory

Pros: Reliable never fails us. Great reporting featers and user friendly. Great ability to see cost. Love it!

Cons: We have lost the ability to do some features with updates but have found work arounds. I think the fees to keep updated are extreme

Jessi K.
Director of Retail
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2017

"We have been using Retail Edge for over 12 years. It has been an essential tool in our business!"

Pros: Retail Edge is an easy software program to teach our sales staff on for the cash register, regardless of their computer skills.

Cons: The rounding function can be hard to get to an exact number when receiving the purchase orders. It can also be challenging knowing which is the best report to select.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2017
F&B Consultant
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2017

"Retail Edge was easy to learn and maintain, when I do need assistance their team gets back quickly."

Pros: The ease of use and how practical it is for our store. They thought of everything when it was designed. The reports that it produces makes inventory and accounting easy.

Cons: That I don't yet know all the shortcuts that are available. I know there are many things that I am not taking advantage of.

Ray N.
  • Reviewed on 01/12/2017

"Gold Tech Support has ALWAYS been outstanding!"

Comments: Helps to keep an eye on margins and necessary reorders.

Pros: Ease of use and the ability to teach a new cashier quickly. Compound report excellent so we can quickly see our on hand, sales over a certain period, what's on order and what we need to order.

Cons: Some custom reports that I would like - which are probably there but I haven't been able to find them easily.

Scott L.
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2018

"Best bang for your buck, no doubt. Excellent support During implementation."

Pros: The price point was unbelievable. Best value on the market, no doubt.
Support during implementation was excellent. Everyone in tech support was always friendly. Customizing our price tag labels & receipts was greatly appreciated.
Direct integration with credit card processing. The last thing I wanted was to give our customers 2 receipts (sales & CC receipts). The integration works seamlessly.

Cons: All complaints are minor, and relatively insignificant.
Inventory Manager & Recieving seems like redundant functions and can cause some confusion.
Search functions in Recieving has limited function.
Search functions always revers to default search category rather that keeping last search preferences.
I still haven't figured out how to label display discounts the way I want to.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2018
Angie M.
  • Reviewed on 21/10/2017

"User friendly & versatile"

Comments: Easy to use and train new employees. Upfront cost are very reasonable and monthly cost is well worth it and affordable. Best POS system I have used for everyday sales and customer billing.

Pros: Easy to set up & use daily. New employees learn quickly. It is all around a great POS system for any type of business.

Cons: Customer search defaults to ID. Layout of customer manager takes time to navigate through. Requires a few more steps in processing a swiped credit card than I would like but probably more of a cc processor issue and not the Retail Edge software.

Temitope E.
Computer Hardware, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/11/2017

"Each time we scaled up in business, RetailEdge always have what we needed. Has been fantastic so far"

Comments: It has been very useful to the company in managing its various outlets within the city. And printing receipt and keeping inventory has been much easier since the purchase of RetailEdge.

Pros: Almost has every thing needed to manage any type of store. Especially being able to manage many outlets with the same software

Cons: RetailEdge is complex to use for a newbie. One will have to study the help files (which was fantastically prepared and exhaustive in detail) very well in order to grasp the understanding of its intricate use. But once that is done, it will be easy all the way.

• Reviewed on 09/11/2017
Veronika D.
Manager Ashland
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/12/2017

"Retail Edge is so easy to set up and use, and if I ever have a problem, the reps are super helpful!"

Comments: I can track my stock, issue Gift Certificates...thinking about it, we have 2 locations and we don't utilize a way to be able to track gift certificate sales over both registers. It would be nice to be able to accept our other location's GCs without having to go in and adjust the sales later. I don't know if that can be done or not.

Pros: I like the interface between Retail Edge and my credit card system. I don't have to enter the amount twice, which prevents errors in charge amounts.

Cons: When an old record is deleted, sometimes you can't re-use the stock number or it warns of a duplicate entry. If I deleted it, it shouldn't be there at all!

Jared P.
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2019

"Great Point Of Sale Software"

Comments: We've been using Retail Edge for 15+ years now and have grown with them along the way. They always help when we need it and the program is incredibly simple to use and easy to learn.

Pros: It is very easy to learn, offers great customer service, is always updating to become better and more user friendly, and it offers everything that a retail store or entertainment business would need to process sales, track reporting, organize customers, and help keep our business functioning optimally.

Cons: It would be nice to have a mobile version included with the gold level service plan.

• Reviewed on 13/11/2019
Brandi S.
  • Reviewed on 21/10/2017

"Amazing POS software for a fraction of the cost of others on the market!"

Pros: This software is amazing. My small business couldn't afford some of the higher priced POS systems that are out there. After using the demo version of Retail Edge, I was sold! It does everything I need it to and more...excellent reporting, inventory tracking, functionality...and the customer service is amazing!! I don't have to use tech support often, but the few times I have, they have been quick to return my call and even quicker to solve the issue and are very pleasant to deal with. I've had Retail Edge for both of my stores for almost 2 years now and am still loving the software. I love that it has an "Island" option where I can use my laptop to work from home and it will sync to the store. We can also use it as a second register during the busy days. The "Dashboard" app allows me to check the store sales (both locations) throughout the day, which is also nice.

Joshua R.
Guy in back room
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2016

"Easy to use and easy to set up."

Comments: I was looking for a Point of Sale Software to run my sporting goods store and the reason I chose RetailEdge was because they were the only system that I found where I could just buy it outright and not get hit with all sorts of subscription fees. The other reason I chose them was because the data was mine and it was not sitting up on someone's cloud having who knows what analyze it and mining my information. The support team is knowledgable and has ben able to help me through the small issues that all seem to be related to Windows Updates messing up printers. All in all its a good program at a good price.

Pros: Easy to use tools and my data belongs to me. I don't have to be connected to access my data. I can work in an offline mode and then synch up later.
The other big thing was credit card processing and I had a choice when it came to this unlike other companies where they only give you one option.

• Reviewed on 14/11/2016
Melissa H.
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2017

"Has been great for my shop! Every week I discover another function or report that makes life easier."

Comments: The ability to easily track my inventory, sales, and sales tax.

Pros: Ease of use of the basic register and inventory functions so that you can use it immediately upon set up, but then you can learn more as you go. I love the reliable and friendly tech services. I also like being able to order supplies and get them so quickly. I love the Sales Manager function with which I can look at what has sold on the day, click on the item which brings me the to inventory screen to see the current inventory after the sale. For a many faceted, one person operation, it makes reordering a snap and saves me much time. I like the ability to have wish lists for customers!

Cons: There are so many report variations available, that it would be nice to have some standard reports where the user doesn't have to choose options except for the date range.

Tara K.
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2019

"Works well, updates often, easy to learn"

Comments: Retailedge makes inventory a breeze, and helps us keep up with customers, their purchases, and more. It is also nice to see what the other locations are selling, what they have in their inventory and so on.

Pros: I have been using this product for over 8 years and enjoy how easy it is to teach new employees the program. Retail edge updates often enough, and the support staff is always helpful. I also like that I can use the same system at multiple locations.

Cons: I really wish this worked on a mac. I hate that I have to use PC's at work when I use macs everywhere else.

by High Meadow Business Solutions on 04/11/2019

Hi Tara, thanks so much for the kind words! In regards to the Mac issue, RetailEdge can work on a Mac using a 3rd party virtualization software like Parallels or Fusion. This is a little more involved and works well for some customers. Feel free to give us a call if you would like to learn more! -Kayla

• Reviewed on 16/10/2019
Jared P.
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2017

"Great point of sale software with an amazing support team. Fifteen years of business and very happy!"

Pros: RetailEdge has a very easy to learn and use interface that is capable of doing anything we have needed or thought about needing for our retail store and paintball playing fields. Everything from gift cards, layaway, house charges, multiple clerks with security options, multiple locations, inventory, PO's, integrated credit card processing, customer management, great reporting, barcodes/UPC, 3rd party integrations for online sales, and more! You name it, RetailEdge pretty much integrates it into their program. We also subscribe to their gold level service plan which includes regular updates and priority call in help which is rarely needed but a great peace of mind in case we do need assistance. Their tech support is all in house in America so they are easy to work with and don't rush you off the phone. We have always had courteous professional service when needing support or asking questions. They have also built us some custom software to help RetailEdge integrate with some online marketplace needs that we had prior to releasing it to the public. After 15+ years of doing business with RetailEdge they continue to do a great job, offer great service, and keep updating the program to make it better year after year. We couldn't ask for much more!

• Reviewed on 23/10/2017
Melissa C.
Printing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2019

"Great system especially if you're internet is not stable"

Comments: It works well with our current system.

Pros: We chose this software because we didn't have to pay a monthly fee (except for support). We liked that the inventory and reports are all included.

Cons: The software was a little confusing in the beginning. It's expensive to get new workstations but it pays for itself eventually when you use it for a longer amount of time.

by High Meadow Business Solutions on 01/11/2019

Hi Melissa, great feedback! We aim to keep your cost of ownership low with reasonable prices and little to no monthly fees so more money stays in your pocket. :) Thanks again! -Kayla

• Reviewed on 15/10/2019
Donna S.
CIO
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2020

"Reliable, full featured and affordable POS"

Comments: I can perform all of my inventory management processes and sales from anywhere. Even when I travel to Trade shows across the country, I am never impacted by internet issues.

Pros: This is a full featured POS and inventory management application that can run with or without an internet connection. All of this at a very reasonable initial investment price.

Cons: It does not integrated with my website database, Magento.

by High Meadow Business Solutions on 13/10/2020

Hi Donna, thank you for the kind words! We do have an integration with Magento through a third party called Modern Retail. Feel free to give us a call or email if you'd like to learn more!

• Reviewed on 30/07/2020