15 years helping Australian businesses

About Sage Intacct

Save over 40+ hours per month on financial reporting and achieve real-time visibility into business performance.

Learn more about Sage Intacct

Pros:

Anyone with multiple locations will benefit from this platform. With some experience, the reports are extremely customizable to your exact needs as well.

Cons:

I wouldn't mind if there was a "lite" or "simple" solution. But I guess I can see where that would undermine the overall software architecture.

Sage Intacct ratings

4.1
4.0
4.2
4.1

7.9/10

Sage Intacct has an overall rating of 4.2 out 5 stars based on 460 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Sage Intacct before?

Chelsea
Chelsea
Controller in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Intacct User Review

Comments: Overall we have been very impressed from the product itself to the customer service as well.

Pros:

I absolutely love the integrations with other software, it has made our life so much easier and streamlined our month-end close process by a lot!

Cons:

Nothing yet - so far the team has been great and we are able to usually find a way to make anything work that we need.

Lillian
Lillian
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Transforming Financial Management with Precision

Comments: My overall experience with Sage Intacct has been nothing short of exceptional. The program has significantly streamlined our financial management processes, reducing manual effort and minimizing errors.

Pros:

Sage Intacct has become the backbone of our financial management operations. The program's robust accounting and reporting capabilities are outstanding. I appreciate the flexibility it offers in creating custom financial reports, providing a tailored view of our organization's financial health.

Cons:

While Sage Intacct excels in financial management, enhancing the mobile app's features for on-the-go access would be beneficial. Adding more comprehensive functionalities such as invoice approvals and expense tracking on the mobile platform would improve accessibility and flexibility.

Solomon
Project manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Our Awesomeferrical Cloud accounting and expense tool.

5.0 last month New

Pros:

It easily automates our finance and accounting processes. The user interface is so easy and userfriendly for us to use.

Cons:

So far we can not complain of a dislike.

Stanley
Controller in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Don't understand the hype

Comments: We bought a canned package for our industry which was supposedly pre setup out of the box. It wasn't, many of the functions are still not working such as ASC 606 Deferred Revenue. The implementation was a disaster and we are still fixing bugs so it is not working anywhere near the way it should.
The represented integrations turned out not to exist.
Also functionality which to me should just be part of the package are not and it seems when you bring it to their attention all they want to do is upsell you a support package to fix what should be integral to the package already.
Very disappointed if I had to do it over probably would have kept looking and not made the switch.
There were so many misrepresentations as to functionality and integrations it wasn't worth it.

Pros:

Ability to extract Data for reporting purposes

Cons:

The functionality is quite frankly poor at best. The user interface in 1980's.

Alternatives Considered: NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing Sage Intacct: We were looking for a more robust solution as it was time to switch out of QuickBooks Online to an ERP. We wanted a single source solution which Sage Intacct offered.

Switched From: QuickBooks Online and Maxio

Reasons for Switching to Sage Intacct: It was a single source solution as opposed to NetSuite which was not. NetSuite would have been way more expensive when you factored everything in.

Krystal
Software Solutions Manager in US
Accounting, 11–50 Employees

Sage Intacct - making complicated accounting more user friendly

Comments: Sage Intacct is a very decent system that I would recommend for the high volume client or med to large businesses. It is easy to manipulate but kind of difficult to learn all of the moving parts. It does integrate with a lot of other cloud based systems.

Pros:

Sage Intacct is a robust system that allows the user to manage many parts of their financials in one program.

Cons:

There are almost too many parts to the system that make it difficult to teach and understand. Posted vs non-posted accounts for one makes reconciling difficult at times.

Alternatives Considered: MIP Fund Accounting, QuickBooks Enterprise and QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Choosing Sage Intacct: Business central was too complicated and expensive

Switched From: Dynamics 365 Business Central

Reasons for Switching to Sage Intacct: This was a good median system for my client. While QBO and QBDT had its limitations and MIP was too expensive.

Fiona
Senior Finance Officer in UK
Renewables & Environment, 11–50 Employees

Endless reports

Comments: I have always been a fan of Sage and continue to be.

Pros:

Reporting, Dashboards and statistical data. You can make a report on almost anything - setting them up however can be complex. I love being able to monitor non financial data in the statistical entries.

Cons:

The Fixed Asset module is far too complex and does not manage the reducing balance method in Britain currently. This was tested various times with ourselves and the implementation team.

Kelly
Financial Director in US
Restaurants, 501–1,000 Employees

Sage Intacct

Comments: We aren't thrilled with Intacct, but it gets the job done. Too expensive.

Pros:

It's fairly easy to navigate and train on

Cons:

The price is too high. There are too many steps to do simple tasks. Reporting is not as easy as it could be.

Seseyon
Customer Relations Officer in US
Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

Simple with financial management

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I like it's financial reports and grants check systems. With it we can analyze data easily and efficiently. Has allowed us to track our payments

Cons:

It works perfectly and it has great features, so no dislike.

Rosaria
Procurement Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Handling Accounting Like a Pro With Sage Intacct

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I like Sage Intacct is super affordable and handles accounting seamless It is smooth and handles accounts payable really well.

Cons:

No issues as Sage Intacct has handled well.

Nicholas
Accounts Payable in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

An essential tool for everything finance related

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: A smooth well organized experience with frequent updates that make the user experience even better than before.

Pros:

Sage is packed to the brim with features. Everything is organized neatly, and it is easy to run reports for very specific details. If there isn't a report in the system that you need, chances are you can create it.

Cons:

The user interface can be a bit bland. It could use a fresh coat of paint to look more modern.

Shayla
Shayla
Human Resources Specialist in US
Internet, 1,001–5,000 Employees

It's my favorite accounting and financial management software

Comments: When put to its intended use, Sage Intacct excels. We've been able to streamline the recording of transactions involving many departments or money, which has improved our reporting capabilities and saved us time. Sage Intacct is the accounting software we use to manage the intricacies of running our business.

Pros:

Sage Intacct allows us to import the statement, conduct an in-depth analysis, keep tabs on past payments, and make adjustments to upcoming payments. The entire accounting process, from purchasing through the general ledger to accounts payable and receivable, is handled by Sage Intacct.

Cons:

Using it is a bit of a struggle. It takes months to work efficiently, in my experience. Starting something you've never done before is always difficult. While robust, customizing the reports and dashboard features is a slog.

Trey
VP Operations in US
Medical Devices, 11–50 Employees

Great Choice for Small to Medium Business

Pros:

I was very pleased with the options available to integrate with other software. Being able to integrate with our CRM was very important to our day to day operations.

Cons:

I felt like the cost was too high per year, but it was inline with other similar products.

Alternatives Considered: NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing Sage Intacct: Our previous system was not cloud based so we needed something more flexible.

Switched From: S2K Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to Sage Intacct: I wanted to have the flexibility of choosing a CRM that worked best for my company. I didn't feel like NetSuite gave me that option.

Krishna
Krishna
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001–10,000 Employees

The easiest accounting program I've ever used

Comments: With Sage Intacct's user-friendly interface, you won't have any trouble using it and getting the job done. For my accounting needs, I generally utilize Sage Intacct's reporting tools. These tools provide me a wide range of options for reporting and analysis, and the software's user-friendly design makes it easy for anybody to use.

Pros:

I like how well-organized the financial records are, as well as the automated payment schedules and reminders he sends to remind me of upcoming due dates. It features a better user interface than some of its rivals. Adoption was pushed by one of our staff members, and the system's users said they liked it.

Cons:

Sage Intacct is a great system in general, and I have no complaints. My time would be better spent if there were shortcuts. People who aren't familiar with accounting systems may have a hard time with the interface.

Laura
Accounting Managee in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Sage after 1 year

Comments: Overall , we are very happy with Sage. I would highly recommend it for Non Profits

Pros:

Ease of use, Reduces our month end close time by several days.

Cons:

Custom report writer is too difficult. Finding needed data requires support

Alternatives Considered: NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing Sage Intacct: MIP was outdated, support was always a work around. Interface was dated

Switched From: MIP Fund Accounting

Reasons for Switching to Sage Intacct: Cost, ease of use, The many available partner integrations

Sara
Sara
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Intacct is powerful and flexible, with many useful features

Comments: There is now less clutter in our information thanks to this. During my last project, we migrated our paper files over here. Simple, straightforward dashboards have been developed using it. Now we can spend less time auditing and more time making better decisions. The ability to use wildcards in my bill search was fantastic, just as in Excel.

Pros:

Intacct is feature-rich and powerful, and it can handle a wide range of tasks. The contracts module also provides powerful management of billing cycles. Product characteristics and capabilities are the primary advantages of utilizing Sage Intacct.

Cons:

Unfortunately, it is often difficult to get answers from support when problems arise. Numerous bugs plagued the infrastructure.

Religious Institutions, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great Accounting System, but with some limitations

Comments: We are definitely saving time with Intacct. It is so much smoother and quicker to use. The internet based software is so easy to use compared to a program.

Pros:

I like how users cannot force things to work like in QuickBooks. If the rec doesn't balance, they have to figure it out. Also, there's more reporting dimensions and a rigid chart of accounts so the users cannot create their own accounts.

Cons:

The reporting needs a lot of work. There are so many dimensions that exist in this software that you cannot run a report on. There also seems to be a fair amount of glitches and errors.

5 years ago

Hello! Thank you for taking timeout to write your review. We greatly appreciate your feedback and welcome your insights. Please feel free to reach out to me if you'd like to talk about your experience and areas for improvement in the product. Regards, Andrew Sevillia [email protected]

Peter
CFO in US
Broadcast Media, 51–200 Employees

Community Broadcasters

Pros:

Dynamic Reporting Departmental functionality

Cons:

Cost in comparison to other products/licenses

Kat
Finance Associate in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Overall great software for accounting professionals

Comments: One major problem with some accounting softwares is that the reports needed to perform analysis, checks, etc. are unavailable. Intacct's wide report customization is a great solution to this that has resulted in an overall positive experience with the software.

Pros:

For those businesses and organizations looking to step up their accounting software from Quickbooks (or something similar), Sage Intacct is a great solution. While not as intuitive and user friendly as the systems designed for non-accounting professionals, Sage Intacct offers a myriad of features and functionality that is an accounting professional’s dream. One of the best features of Intacct is its reporting system. Users can run any report they could ever dream of that includes GL, AP, AR, Time & Expenses, Order Entry, Purchasing, etc. Reports are not only customizable, but savable too. Another great feature of Intacct is that the company is constantly releasing updates, which means the system is always evolving and getting better. Overall, Sage Inacct offers massive capability and is great for organizations who have outgrown smaller systems or who need greater customization.

Cons:

For those accustomed to the hand holding of a software like Quickbooks, Sage Intacct can make you feel a bit alone in the woods. It, for the most part, assumes that whoever is using it is an accounting professional, capable of understanding the inner workings of AP, AR, etc. For this reason, I would not recommend the system to those who are unfamiliar with accounting procedures and systems.

5 years ago

Thank you for your review, Kat! I'm glad to hear that you're benefiting from the robust reporting within Sage Intacct. If you have any questions or if we can help with anything, please don't hesitate to reach out to Sameera at [email protected]

Brady
Financial Analyst in US
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

Perfect for Outsourced Accounting Solutions

Comments: As mentioned in the pros section, we have greatly enjoyed and utilized the dimensional reporting capabilities of Sage Intacct, leading us to gain valuable insights into our clients' business and their various entities and departments, showing where they lacked profitability, where they can grow, and which areas of the business to particularly direct resources and attention.

Pros:

One of the things I value most about Sage Intacct is the dimensional reporting ability that Sage gives to us, which is different from the other solutions our clients have tested. Getting granular about each transaction, allowing statistical accounts to track FTEs, and being able to report BvA trends on our clients' individual locations, departments, and entities leads to better decision making and more efficient business management.

Cons:

If there was one thing I would change about Sage Intacct, it would be the control over the general ledger. There were several instances where we were in the midst of training our staff, and while a minor error was made, it was not able to be undone except by reversing out the entire transaction (not simply deleted).

Alternatives Considered: QuickBooks Online Advanced, QuickBooks Enterprise, QuickBooks Online and Xero

Joseph
Manager of Accounting in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great and attentive customer service. Very accommodating with our customization and concerns.

Pros:

I like the flexibility and ease of the software. It is overall simple to correct errors. I enjoy the import features for invoices and journal entries. Saves a lot of time and is user friendly, even for less experiences computer users.

Cons:

The restrictions of some features and functions. I feel like the functionality is more designed by computer programmers than by actual day to day users. For example, if you are trying to create a custom report, vendor ID is stored one way when entering invoices, and another way when entering journal entries. Customer service suggested to me that I enter the vendor ID in 2 different fields (I believe Vendor_ID and APBillItem_VendorID) for all invoice imports so that I can use 1 f. This is redundant and frustrating. Also for example, you can set invoices to "warn" you if duplicate invoice numbers when manually entering, but if you are using the import feature, it will just crash. You have to de-select the "warn" option, upload the file, and then turn the "warn" function back on. This is not practical. There should be some type of override function for intentional duplicate invoice #s.

6 years ago

Hello Joseph, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find Sage Intacct easy to use and flexible. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Abbey
Financial Specialist in US
Semiconductors, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Complete and reliable solution for financial management

Comments: Sage Intacct has been a very effective tool in simplifying and improving our financial management. With its comprehensive feature set, ease of use and customization.

Pros:

I like its ability to streamline our financial processes. With automated functions, such as bank reconciliation and financial reporting, we have been able to reduce the effort spent on manual tasks. It is also very helpful that the functions are logically organized, allowing me to quickly access the information I need.

Cons:

It's a very complete platform, so far I haven't found anything I don't like.

Caren
Assistant Sales Operations in Jordan
Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

It is a unique tool for expressing the institution's financial position.

Comments: we were able to obtain an incredible organization of information and accounting records, as well as a true representation of the financial position of our institution, which enabled us to improve the quality of financial operations and bring the views closer together in order to make appropriate decisions.

Pros:

Sage Intacct is easy to handle and performs the functions you need thanks to its easy-to-use design. I mostly use the reporting features of Sage Intacct, which offers a wide range of options for reporting and analysis, and the user-friendly interface greatly simplifies the accounting processes even for beginners. Sage Intacct can be customized to fit the nature of the financial transactions you require, which makes switching between screens very flexible. I like how the accounting records are organized, as well as scheduling payments automatically, as well as the notifications that he sends reminding the dues that have been scheduled.

Cons:

In general, I have no issues about the Sage Intacct system. I wish there were shortcuts or quick links available.

Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Sage Intacct product review

Comments: Overall the system is easy to use and they are constantly making improvements. They are also taking user feedback into consideration and implementing it into new updates every quarter.

Pros:

I really like the automatic billing capability, I can now send my invoices in 2 hours instead of 2 days. The level of details in the financial reports is exactly what our company was looking for when we switched to Intacct. The ease of having our expense reporting system and Intacct communicate is super helpful, means less manual work.

Cons:

I would like to have more features when I record payments and I can't edit certain transactions. I like to drill down on come of the reports and you can't do that so finding out where that information came from is sometimes a challenge.

6 years ago

Hello, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you are having a positive experience using Sage Intacct and that you're saving time on invoicing. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Lisa
Billing Administrator in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Software that's easy to use and manage.

Comments: Overall, I've had a pretty good experience with Intacct. If they could work on the few complaints, I would be happier. I just don't have time to create a ticket for every defect unless it truly affects the company.

Pros:

Invoicing is easy and the reporting is straight forward.

Cons:

There are many defects that need to be tweaked. Updating customer addresses in contacts will not update an address on an open invoice. With Recurring invoicing you have to add the customer to a recurring billing group to know it can be paid. Open invoices for the same customer dated the same day of the recurring will be paid even if not a recurring invoice. Many defects in my opinion.

Jodie
Treasurer in US

The experience has been great. Very flexible and customizable software.

Pros:

The flexibility of the software has to be its greatest strength. Reports, workflows, field names, etc are just a few of the customizable items in Intacct. But Platform Services allows for the development of entire applications within Intacct to support your business processes down to the most granular detail.

Cons:

The reporting, platform services, and general ledger modules (the modules that our company use the most) don't seem to get very much attention in the past few years in terms of further development in the quarterly update to the software. They are very useful as they currently exist but have some long-standing limitations that don't seem to be on anyone's radar.

6 years ago

Hello Jodie, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that are taking Advantage of Sage Intacct's flexibility. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct