Filter by:

• Overall

About Alchemer

Alchemer delivers the power and flexibility users need, the ability to centralize governance for IT, and cost-savings for procurement.

Learn more about Alchemer

Fieldwork Manager
Market Research, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/07/2019

"Quite good, just a bit pedestrian sometimes"

Pros: Has a lot of nice features and looks pretty good on mobile

Cons: Can't check survey results on mobile
Survey design takes a little longer than it should
Translations are a pain to do

• Reviewed on 04/07/2019
Shawn H.
Shawn H.
Construction Area Manager
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2017

"I use it for quality reports, customers surveys and training"

Pros: If you want to collect data and have control over it this is a great product. I use it to survey customers and trades. I also use it for tracking quality by making up several quality surveys. The data from them has been incredible and easy to collect. Also found out that I can use it for training and add questions and get test results, pass or fail.

Cons: The product used to be pretty affordable. Next year the prices are going up quite a bit but we still think it is worth it for the data we get from it.

• Reviewed on 06/12/2017
OD/HR Professional
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/12/2019

"Proficient Data Analytics Tool aka 'Data in a Snap'!"

Comments: SurveyGizmo has allowed us to obtain collective opinions on a variety of topics--whether it was satisfaction after a training event, or a manager 360--this tool has helped us simplify the process and be leagues ahead on understanding and evaluating where we are at on a particular topic.

Pros: By far, one of the easiest surveying tools out there to use. It takes almost zero time to orient yourself to the design tool, even if you are a novice, and little time to create a survey if you have prepared questions from which you are working. You can rearrange the questions on a whim, preview the survey in test mode and invite others to do the same. The results will display in charts and graphs for a snapshot of the outcome and exports to a variety of formats for quick use.

Cons: There isn't much capability for customization for the look and feel of the survey. If you are wanted to stand on 'brand' or communicate a particular 'tone' with your survey, this will make it challenging. The .pdf export option doesn't download in an organized format - tends to be a bit all over the place.

• Reviewed on 09/12/2019
Patrick H.
  • Reviewed on 05/01/2015

"5 stars all the way!"

Comments: I really like using SurveyGizmo, it just seems so easy to use, to get around. I like everything about it - the colours, the styles, the icons and graphics, it's so easy to copy an old survey, extract what you need from it for the new one and discard the rest. All of it just seems so intuitive, whether it's adding logic to questions or creating reports from the completed responses, it's neat!
Whenever I get stuck , thinking, is there a way to do this thing that would make it pretty cool for the public, then I have a look through the help pages where there's lots of examples and the answers usually already there, like they've already pre-empted my needs!
The help is right there on the page where you are and once you've searched through it you're straight back into the survey again, which means that it's easy to pick up again from where you left off.
I like the way the support runs too. They never give me the feeling that they'd rather be doing something else, I always feel as if they have time to spend pinging emails back and forth and having a bit of chat along the way, like real people (where did they find them! lol!)
I've contacted the support probably 4 or 5 times when I've been really stuck and they've always provided me with the answer and even a wee bit more, like an easier way, or provided a couple of different options.
This is one of those sites where you can see that technology IS smart and really can be used to work for you.
If you asked me to sum all this up in a sentence, I'd have to say that, When I'm using SurveyGizmo it gives me the feeling that I'm going with the flow.

• Reviewed on 05/01/2015
Garrett G.
Garrett G.
Marketing Manager ¿ Technology
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2019

"Powerful but Limited too"

Comments: SurveyGizmo is a tool that gets the job done and then some. The surveys aren't pretty, but you can't beat the functionality that's offered here.

Pros: SurveyGizmo feels like an enterprise product. It has a TON of features, most of which I'm probably not even aware of and will never use, but it's nice to know that they are there. Need to create some kind of weird survey that functions just so? SurveyGizmo can probably do what you need. Pretty much any feature you could ask for is included in this platform.

Cons: I can't help but feel that SurveyGizmo locks down the appearance of my surveys too much. I haven't been able to figure out how to make any surveys look different from all the others beyond changing the logo, colours, and imagery. More so than other survey tools that I've used. I also find the process to do things like pipe values into the survey via a URL variable are somewhat more complicated and require reading support documentation vs. other survey tools that are more intuitive.

• Reviewed on 06/02/2019
Luisana F.
Administrative Manager
201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2018

"Excellent composition that complements the preparation of surveys very well."

Comments: I have obtained a better response structure within my company, we have improved the opinions we receive of our services through SurveyGizmo.

Pros: The most entertaining and positive SurveyGizmo is the ease with which surveys are conducted, it is very fun to conduct surveys on this platform for how easy and comfortable it is.

Cons: I do not like SurveyGizmo's prices, since they exceed their price per month and I think that survey software should be cheaper and accessible to anyone.

• Reviewed on 05/03/2018
Customer Service Advisor
Banking
  • Reviewed on 03/03/2018

"Easy platform to use"

Comments: easy survey results and good amount of questions and the ability to constantly be collecting data and exporting it very easily

Pros: As the title says it is very easy and simple to use and allows good access to results and the design of it very nicely laid out making it easy to access all its features, you can be a new user who has never used it before and just become a professional at it because thats how easy it is to use to create new surveys and edit them which is very simple to do and if you ever need help the support features within the platform are very useful so you are never alone and helps always available

Cons: I think the prices are really off putting.. simply because they are too high priced in comparisons to other companies i have used previously i feel like these can be improved a little especially for those who are working on strict budgets and cannot afford to pay the current prices this should definitely be taken into consideration

• Reviewed on 03/03/2018
Computer Software
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2014

"Our Experience with SurveyGizmo"

Comments: We started off doing some basic surveying, which got more complicated over time. specifically, we discovered we needed to employ very harsh disqualifying methods in order to obtain the data we needed. the SurveyGizmo API enabled us to do so easily. once the survey was completed, we purchased an online panel using the SurveyGizmo panel integration. It worked seamlessly! we were instantly approached by the panel provider as soon as the invoice was paid, and SurveyGizmo were on track the entire time, so we never felt like we are falling between the cracks. At some point, we needed to perform a survey with a very low IR (incidence rate). SurveyGizmo went out of their way to find us a panel provider which specialises in low IR surveys, and this helped us greatly in our data collection process. The SurveyGizmo support is worth noting - the team is very responsive, your case is assigned to one person who takes care of you and knows your survey and your needs. the SurveyGizmo support representative who walked us through the process (the same one over months!) was that familiar with our survey, that we received improvement suggestions from him, which proved to be very insightful!
last, it's worth noting that we tried several providers before reaching SurveyGizmo, and none gave us all the above in one place.

Pros: great support, very easy to use, programming API, great online panel integration

• Reviewed on 26/06/2014
Ryan E.
Ryan E.
Director of Customer Success
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2014

"Excellent Tool for Ongoing Customer Feedback for SAAS"

Comments: We try to make sure all initiatives at Unbounce are customer driven, so we need ways to keep tabs on customer feedback, and continually assess customer satisfaction. I initially adopted Survey Gizmo to send a one-off survey to our customers. They survey & reports were easy to set up and their support team was absolutely phenomenal (so much so, they've become a *huge* inspiration for the way we run our support team at Unbounce. They set a hiiiiiiigh bar!). The surveys we run through Survey Gizmo helps us inform our product team of product requests and UX issues, it helps our customer success team know what kinds of content we should create and how we can better support our customers, and it helps give visibility into the various KPIs we use to evaluate our team's performance. We now have several surveys that are emailed to our customers at certain milestones in their lifecycle, and the feedback we get from them is absolutely critical.

Pros: Easy to use visual survey builder
PHENOMENAL customer support
Great integrations with 3rd party tools (Google Spreadsheets, email notifications etc.)

Cons: When trying to edit multiple survey fields in succession, there is some animation this slows things down a bit. It's certainly no deal breaker, but I feel like I need to add a con of some sort.

Santosh K.
Recruiter
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2018

"Robust survey tool"

Pros: 1. Cost - great value for its capabilities.
2. Options - Multiple question types and reporting options.
3. Report sharing - Great report sharing features via email and links.

Cons: Could improve data sharing between projects. If you have year over year data you'd like to consolidate, the process is a bit of a hassle.

• Reviewed on 21/03/2018
A.j. E.
Institutional Research Officer
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2014

"User-friendly, Manager-friendly, and Analyst-friendly"

Comments: I first started managing my organization's surveys about a year ago. Fortunately, the program's user interface is very intuitive. It was easy to pick up! The logic options are also, likewise, easy to learn. It also offers a lot of nifty options for your survey's questions items--hiding options, requiring answers, etc. On the other end of the process (gathering and analyzing your data), you can filter your results by date received, as well as by any of your answer options (open text notwithstanding). After narrowing the subset of data you want to gather, you can generate a summary report, or export it for more detailed processes. Overall, I'd recommend it to just about anyone. Its ease of use means that even novice computer users can make simple surveys. Proficient users will feel more comfortable implementing the various logic options that are available.

Pros: 1. Easy to use
2. Plenty of question types (buttons, drop-downs, etc.)
3. Easy to export & analyze
4. Fast and friendly customer support
5. Useful question and page logic options

Cons: 1. Changes in the UI can throw you off or a few days while you adjust to the new layout

• Reviewed on 22/08/2014
Director Of Client Performance
Research, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/01/2019

"Great for all types of surveys"

Pros: Great functionality in making sure clients receive surveys. Can be customized which is great.

Cons: Tracking could be a bit more enhanced, but overall you can still get what you need.

• Reviewed on 23/01/2019
Mark Z.
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2016

"Survey Gizmo is fantastic"

Comments: I have been using SG for 3 years now. It is an important part of my business. It is relatively simple to use and has great integrations with my other software applications. It is critical in helping me distinguish my business as a financial advisor.

Pros: The flexibility in design and simplicity in using

Cons: Used to have customer service you could call and that went away. Still, the customer service is quite good.

• Reviewed on 06/12/2016
Maykol F.
Marketing Executive
501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2018

"Better organization of opinions."

Comments: I have benefited from the use of SurveyGizmo since I have managed to scale several beneficial characteristics. As they are, a better presentation of surveys related to my company, a better organization of opinions.

Pros: I like SurveyGizmo mostly because of the design, it has blue and pink colors, which generates an excellent comfort when making the design a little fun. The colors that it has in the surveys are also very good, it makes the survey not boring.

Cons: I have no complaint about SurveyGizmo, it is software that has behaved tailored and has made my company more and more feasible and real.

• Reviewed on 17/04/2018
Jonathan B.
Architecture & Planning
  • Reviewed on 07/08/2014

"Great survey tool, easy to use, powerful"

Comments: SurveyGizmo is a great tool. Our team shopped around at all comparable tools and decided on SurveyGizmo because it met our budget and performance requirements. I love the form and function of the website and our survey respondents often comment on look/feel. Their service and support team is competent and prompt. Currently using the product to field a survey about commuting in the Houston region. Handles multiple languages smoothly and is highly accessible compliant. We hope to collect thousands of responses and are confident that using this tool will ensure we can do so better than with our previous software.

Pros: Powerful logic and piping engine
Ability to script if necessary
Compatible with all browsers and devices
Great look and feel for survey developers and respondents

Cons: I have as yet not discovered any cons. SurveyGizmo fulfills all the requirements of my team's university based transportation research.

• Reviewed on 07/08/2014
Arpine A.
Arpine A.
Researcher
Research, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 07/07/2020

"Impressively good software for handling complex questions"

Comments: It is a well thought and elaborated software. However, the working windows are quite small, would love to have more space when working on a new questionnaire.

Pros: I have tested many survey softwares, and never seen any of them suggesting question with semantic differential. Another big plus is the possibility to have multiple text fields for one question. It feels very natural to have that, but very few softwares have this particular feature. I liked also the ranking grid type of question that SG offers.

Cons: Although there is an option to put bulk answers at once, the editing should be done one by one. I could not find also the randomization option neither for the question options, nor for blocks/pages.

• Reviewed on 07/07/2020
Tim M.
Philanthropy
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2015

"Not Great if you use Mailchimp or Salesforce"

Comments: It was recommended to me that I try this APP over survey monkey since we use Salesforce and Mailchimp. To really use the features we need is not cheap but I'm willing to pay for a superior product. Unfortunately, they no longer integrate with Mailchimp because of changes they made and the customer service representative had no idea when they will be able to integrate again. I also accidentally typed in my Salesforce username wrong when setting up the plugin and that username became stuck so I couldn't correct it no matter how many times I tried to save it. The customer service representative couldn't help me on either of these accounts and her best advice was to read things online. Sorry. Not happy. Going to go with another survey service.

Pros: It seems like creating the surveys is easy enough but their integration if you're trying to use things like Salesforce and Mailchimp doesn't seem to be set up smoothly.

Cons: Customer Service representative didn't really seem to have any answers.

by Widgix, LLC on 30/01/2015

We are truly sorry that you did not have a good experience with us and want to thank you for letting us know. We have made some recent changes and it sounds like we need to better train our staff on them. While we no longer have a Mailchimp plugin, it is still possible to integrate with them. We also have plans to make our SalesForce integration smoother. We regret that we have caused you much headache and frustration. Our Support Manager will be contacting you to make things right!
Sincerely - SurveyGizmo

• Reviewed on 29/01/2015
Jay B.
Government Administration, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2020

"Great product but very unstable"

Pros: Simple to use and relatively easy to administer

Cons: Support is good but their product is buggy. For example they accidentally shut down our accounts for 45 minutes in the middle of the work day which impacted all users. They also are constantly changing the product which often leads to bugs in the product or worse data loss.

• Reviewed on 14/10/2020
Digital Manager
Individual & Family Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/07/2018

"We use SurveyGizmo for creating many surveys for education purpose."

Comments: We have all of our serveys in one place. Good completion ratio of surveys.

Pros: The surveys looks very good on each device. Easy to export results to excel. Easy to choose the fields to view in the results page.

Cons: The surves dashboard is not well designed. Soemtimes it is hard to locate a survey. Complicated to edit ans missing features.

• Reviewed on 28/07/2018
A. O.
Consultant
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2015

"Full featured survey software that is fun to use."

Comments: I've used Survey Gizmo for about six years. I prefer it to Survey Monkey because to me it has a more intuitive user interface. I think it is easier for beginners to get started with it, while still retaining power user features. It also has many more options for customizing the look of a survey, which is important when we work with clients. Survey Monkey has almost none. Whenever I have a problem or question about the software, I always call or email customer service, and they are very prompt and helpful. They will go into the specific survey you are having problems with and troubleshoot with you. As a person who studied survey design, I also appreciate that they include a planning window where you can plan the purpose of the survey, and with an enterprise account, you can send out a draft to reviewers and receive comments right on the survey. Overall I've been very happy with Survey Gizmo.

• Reviewed on 13/02/2015
Patrick P.
Patrick P.
  • Reviewed on 09/08/2018

"Powerful survey collection"

Pros: Wealth of features
Integrations (Zapier, Tableau, Google Sheets)
Separate US/EU servers

Cons: Reliability: it has been known to be down too frequently
SMTP customization is oddly hard to implement

• Reviewed on 09/08/2018
Product Expert
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2020

"Nice and simple for surveys"

Comments: Nice and easy survey management tool with great capabilities and robust reporting options.

Pros: I've been using this survey service for quite some time already and can say that it stands tall above the rest. The editor is snappy and clear. SurveyGizmo allows to build complex survey forms with custom logic and paths. What I especially like is that saving the results and sharing them with my team or presenting them in a report is available in multiple file formats and is super easy.

Cons: Initially building a survey takes some time, especially in the planning department and, of course, if you have a lot of questions with multiple branching path and complex logic. It gets easier over time. Unlike the availability of the survey results on mobile - it's a real pain.

• Reviewed on 17/04/2020
Kyle J.
Web Developer
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/05/2018

"Robust Survey Builder"

Comments: Great tool for building surveys.

Pros: Has all the basic survey building tools and options with more robust advanced tools. Extensive library of themes/tools to make surveys useful and attractive. Can estimate completion time, supports adding captcha fields, timers, reminders, and much more.

Cons: With the more features a package has the more of a learning curve it has. So be prepared to take time to find all the cool thing in this application.

• Reviewed on 04/05/2018
Shawn V.
International marketing associate
1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2017

"Good for Getting Customer Feedback"

Pros: Easy to set up surveys
Get instant feedback
Instant analysis
Send to email list
Get data from customers

Cons: Easy to use but others are better
Look and layout are not the best
Not that easy to customize
it is not as smart as it claims

• Reviewed on 03/10/2017
Becki M.
Research Specialist
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2014

"Great Value for the Price"

Comments: We previously used one of the "big guys" in survey research, and I loved their products. However, switching to Survey Gizmo saved us almost $8000 with no loss of functionality. Their software isn't quite as intuitive as others I have used (I am NOT a programmer!) but their support team is always very patient with me and great at explaining things in non-technical terms. Because of the research we do, some of our surveys are complicated, but Survey Gizmo has been able to handle everything we have thrown at them. Their training and webinars are very informative and the help section explains the basics very well. There is a lot of customization capabilities built in, and that is helpful since we do surveys for different departments/areas who want to include their logos and branding.