Qualtrics CoreXM Reviews

• Overall
    4.8 /5
    4.4 /5
    4.7 /5

About Qualtrics CoreXM

From customer insights to market segmentation to concept testing, Qualtrics is the single solution for all of your experience data.

Learn more about Qualtrics CoreXM

Grace didomenico D.
Lab Manager
  • Reviewed on 04/01/2018

"Survey platform with the most functionality, although drawbacks for some research designs."

Pros: Out of the all the survey platforms I have tried (survey monkey, wufoo, google forms etc.), Qualtrics has the most flexibility and functionality, without compromising the intuitive, user-friendly layout. Building surveys is painless, and when building more complicated surveys, I never hesitate to call the support team because of the short wait time and COMPREHENSIVE, USEFUL HELP. Qualtrics allows our lab to create, share and score surveys EFFICIENTLY. With the `Library, we can store surveys, blocks, and questions, which can be copied, edited or referenced in future projects. We have a personal libraries, and shared lab library. `Scoring saves us days of data cleaning. We can score a survey multiple times for different categories we create (ex. categories like Depression Score, Hopelessness Subscale Score). We also can customize the point value of the question items. This is important when the Likert Scale does not follow 1-5, or when a question needs to be reverse coded. When we need more advanced/customizable calculations we use embedded data (ex. converting sum to word labels depending on cutoffs). With scoring features, data can be expertorted and ready for analysis with VERY MINIMAL data cleaning. Before I explain the cons, I want to lead with saying support is always open and grateful for feedback and has even reached out to speak with me about what features I would like to be added.

Cons: Although useful, scoring is cumbersome, and confusing. 1. 'Scoring' does not automatically set the items point value based on how it is recoded (items need to be reverse coded when inputting AND scoring). 3. Scoring does not stay with a survey when added to library 4. Scoring also has glitched numerous times not allowing me to create new scoring categories. Support has yet to reach out to me about a solution (over 8mns later). Embedded data (ED) also causes issues. 1. ED is case sensitive, so you must be very careful when inputting ED in logic or piped text. Often my logic is not working, or data is wrong, simply because I have an extra space at the end of my ED. Qualtrics should add the ability to choose ED you set from a dropdown eliminating this problem 3. ED has glitches for me not allowing me to view certain dropdown options in Survey Flow (also unexplained by Support) Survey flow is also quite cumbersome. When working with a complex survey (a lot of logic/branches/ED) it is hard to navigate. Survey Flow should have a side bar of levels for easier management. Survey flow would also benefit from having a 'checker' for incorrect logic or ED, keeping me from having to use the trial and error method. Other features I would like to see to the platform, 1. conditional formatting for email triggers. 2. ability to breakdown a survey report by individual 3. ability to link surveys reports together to look at data over time (ex. weekly report of anxiety symptoms).

• Reviewed on 04/01/2018
Amanda K.
Researcher
Religious Institutions, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/06/2019

"Great Product and It Keeps Getting Better"

Comments: Overall I really love Qualtrics. I'd highly recommend it. It allows for great collaboration, I like that I can customize using Java or HTML, and it also applies to many types of research. The other cores are also great. I'm always excited about the newest feature rollouts and it seems they're always getting better.

Pros: I love that Qualtrics is so intuitive and has so much functionality built in. I also love that they are consistently working to improve it and roll out other useful features. I seldom find it's missing something that I need for my job.

Cons: I have hated the reporting and dashboard functionality, as well as the administration dashboard. It's not that they're terrible, but I can create better stuff for myself by downloading the raw data and manipulating it in Excel. HOWEVER, we do have major dashboard, reporting, and administration updates coming in the next month which sound very promising and like great improvements. One other negative, you can't have two people working on a project at once - it gets buggy and changes get lost. It's also difficult to have two Qualtrics pages open in your browser at once. I've managed to manipulate it to a degree, but it doesn't do super well.

• Reviewed on 20/06/2019
Jason H.
Manager of Academic Enterprise Systems
Education Management
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2016

"Qualtrics: More Than Just a Survey"

Comments: Qualtrics is much more than survey software. In fact, I use it for everything but surveys. I've begun the creation of Quick-Help support tool that is powered by Qualtrics. A user is taken down specific path based on his/her individual needs. After entering the needed information, emails are fired off to the people who can fulfill the user's request. The ability to use Qualtrics as my own kind of ticket support system is crucial to fulfilling our users' needs in a systematic and efficient way.

Pros: I love how granular you can get with every type of action you want to perform. You can use general methods for logic, or create your own with ease. Qualtrics is can be generic as you want, or as customizable as you need.

Cons: I wish Qualtrics wouldn't charge for additional question types. For example, add the form upload and signature question types, you have to pay a fee for each.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2016
Matthew M.
Manager, Education Surveys
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2017

"Versatile solution that capably supports my organization's online data collection needs"

Comments: Streamlines and expedites the collection, analysis, and dissemination of large volumes of data across the organization, putting staff in closer control of their projects.

Pros: It handles all phases of the online data collection in a variety of modes, whether surveys are distributed by email, posted online, shared via social media, etc. Developers make constant improvements and welcome input from users. It includes a lot of lesser-known but very handy features that improve the experience for survey respondents and researchers alike. Although it's mainly point-and-click based, it does allow some customizations with html, css, and javascript for those who are familiar with them. The design control is user friendly; with Qualtrics it takes little effort to create visually appealing online surveys and forms! Finally, in an enterprise account like ours, the number of different options that can be enabled and disabled for users sets Qualtrics far apart from other tools I've used.

Cons: I would like to see a little more customization available for standard respondent messages, and enhanced validation between numeric fields and with calculations. Bounced email diagnostics would also be very helpful to have.

• Reviewed on 19/07/2017
Daniel G.
Head of Research
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2016

"The Best...Simply the Best!"

Comments: I always get great service and support from the support line. They are focused, professional and help to solve any issue that I have.

Pros: I like the people the best, but the software is intuitive and easy to use. It's like and Apple product, you don't really need a manual to use it right out of the gate.

Cons: I don't like finding out that something changed when I log in. I would rather have been told ahead of time that things were changing and I should expect X Y or Z.

• Reviewed on 18/08/2016
Crystal G.
Survey Analyst
  • Reviewed on 08/06/2017

"Very intuitive, easy to customize and use, user friendly and best research tools"

Pros: Features & Functionality (many options available, easy to select & use)
Printed Report (customization)
Initial Report (Dashboard look & feel)
Easy DIY Customization (look & feel, survey flow, report)
Best Customer Support Ever!! ^^

Cons: Signature & file upload (additional step require to download instead of usual downloading of raw data)
Printed Report (unable to display all rows for text entry at times)
Initial Report (not easy to customize, rooms for improvement as compare to Printed Report)
Contact list (time consuming to upload data with other languages)

• Reviewed on 08/06/2017
Daniel B.
Online Learning Researcher
E-Learning, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/07/2017

"Qualtrics is a sophisticated, reliable and very user-friendly software that I use every day!"

Pros: The feature of Qualtrics I like the most is that the sky is the limit in terms of it's versatility. One can make a very simple, straight-forward survey or one can use sophisticated logic and make a very complex survey. This versatility allows me to use Qualtrics for any job I have.

Cons: In it's current state the Insight Platform reporting features are less-than ideal. They are making progress and things are getting a little better, but there is a long way to go. I still am not able to customize my graphs using the reporting tool like I really need to do.

• Reviewed on 15/07/2017
Ian B.
Senior Account Executive, Team Lead
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2018

"Simple Survey Site"

Comments: Overall it's pretty seamless and I would recommend it for researchers who need to conduct surveys and polls of the general public.

Pros: I like how you can take surveys on their platform in real time and from a mobile device. Their surveys allow you to contribute feedback to shape the design of cool products/tech and other research.

Cons: Sometimes it's slow which makes completing the survey a little tedious. Also sometimes you will be half way through a survey before it finally determines you weren't a fit for the survey in the first place which can be annoying.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2018
Research Assistant
Research, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2019

"Excellent tool for surveying"

Comments: Overall, this is a great tool that I would highly recommend!

Pros: Qualtrics provides a variety of great tools for conducting research. Qualtrics Research Core makes it extremely easy to create a survey to assess the needs of your audience or to find out the habits or activity of a population. This program is great for a wide variety of applications. We use it very frequently and are always very pleased with the ease of use, the power of the program, the results that it provides and the analysis of the results. This program makes the data collection aspect of my job very easy, and the results it provides are simple to understand and allow us to easily apply it to the research we are conducting. Qualtrics also provides feedback for survey optimization to make sure that the survey will work properly on a wide variety of devices. This is nice to see since we want to make sure that all of the participants are able to easily give us their feedback and complete the survey rather than quit halfway through due to a technical issue.

Cons: I have yet to find any significant cons that aren't a result of my inattention or mistake. This software works great.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2019
Information Systems Specialist
Higher Education, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/08/2019

"Great Survey Tool"

Comments: Overall, Qualtrics Research Core is a great survey tool. It can handle a lot of users and a lot of responses. It has a lot of advanced features. It is pricey but it is mostly worth the price.

Pros: Qualtrics is a great survey tool and can be used for many purposes. My whole organization uses it in many different ways. There are a ton of great features and it is easy to learn how to use.

Cons: It is very expensive and Qualtrics is not good at letting users know when they change something.

• Reviewed on 28/08/2019
Allen L.
Business Analyst
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/10/2016

"Qualtrics, Surveys for researchers"

Comments: We used qualtrics for product prototyping, and to create business automated processes. We've even used it to diversify classrooms. Do NOT compare them to Survey Monkey! They are so much more. It's not just about the interface. It's about the Data analytics.

Pros: Great for Researchers

Cons: Quotas

• Reviewed on 06/10/2016
Kristin G.
Education Management
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2016

"What would I do without Qualtrics?!"

Comments: Qualtrics Insight Platform is a vital tool for my research and teaching. I have fielded numerous surveys, and Qualtrics has had every feature I needed for any question type I wanted to include and any panel design I wanted to utilize. Also, the Qualtrics support staff has been willing and able to help me with any question I had about complex survey designs. Finally, Qualtrics is so easy to use that I teach my undergraduate students how to design and administer surveys for one of my classes.

Pros: Extremely user friendly program. Powerful platform to field surveys with any and all question types. I have gotten extremely helpful, knowledgeable, friendly service with my questions about survey design, account issues, and email recruitment very time that I have contacted the Qualtrics support staff.

• Reviewed on 30/07/2016
Certified Clinical Research Coordinator
Hospital & Health Care
  • Reviewed on 30/05/2018

"One of the best priced and best developed survey tools on the market"

Pros: The functionality and ability to create comustomized surveys with Qualtrics is beyond that of any other software I've used. I think what makes Qualtrics stand apart from other programs is that is can be used and appreciated by novice tech users to skilled coders. If you want to make a quick-and-dirty survey tool, it's got you covered. If you want to use API and embed your survey into your website and receive real-time data analysis, you can do that, too. The ability to buy a single subscription for your entire organization can make this very cost effective, too.

Cons: I've only contacted Qualtrics customer support once for a connection issue I couldn't resolve on my own. Unfortunately, they rely on the email us your issue and we'll get back to you method of troubleshooting (albeit, along with a plethora of FAQs), and I never received a response. It seems like that happens more often than not (and definitely more than it should) when using this type of customer support method.

• Reviewed on 30/05/2018
Mary J.
Senior Market Research Analyst
Market Research, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/05/2017

"The Qualtrics Insight Platform is superior to other platforms our company has used in the past."

Comments: It is easy to use and very intuitive. I also like that updates are made to the software based on feedback from the users. I have been told before when I asked about a feature that it would be turned in for future enhancements.

Pros: The software is easy to use and very intuitive. I love the library where you can learn to use any functionality within the tool. When I can't find answers in the library, the tech support area is available to help. The techs are always easy to understand and have always been able to resolve any questions that I have. I have used both email and telephone methods for tech support and have had superior results both ways.

• Reviewed on 23/05/2017
Pranamesh C.
Graduate Research Assistant
Higher Education
  • Reviewed on 09/05/2018

"Best tool to develop online survey"

Pros: My university has Qualtrics subscription and I have been always using it to develop online survey forms. One of the best feature according to me is the many if-else conditions that be easily put in Qualtrics without much fuss.

Cons: The analytics part is not quite intuitive. It took significant time for me to figure out how to visualize the responses quickly and effectively. This part can be improved.

• Reviewed on 09/05/2018
Jay M.
Sr. Data Analyst
Religious Institutions, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2019

"Best survey tool on the market"

Comments: Qualtrics has been absolutely vital in allowing us to better understand how our customers feel about our products and brands. We have been able to make a lot better business decisions based off of survey results from Qualtrics.

Pros: Qualtrics is easily one of the best survey tools out there. Pretty much the only limit to the types of questions and data you can get is your imagination. Surveys are becoming more and more valuable as you try to provide the best user experience for your customers, and Qualtrics is the king of surveys.

Cons: If you're looking for a simple survey without a lot of complexity, Qaultrics might not be for you. Because of how complex you can get, Qualtrics seems more geared towards the harder/more in-depth surveys. that's not to say you can't use Qualtrics for even the simplest of surveys, you just won't be getting the best bang for your buck. Some of the data exports can come back not user friendly as well.

• Reviewed on 30/09/2019
Meghan W.
Senior UX Researcher
  • Reviewed on 16/07/2020

"Robust Survey and Analysis Tool"

Comments: Overall Qualtrics is a really valuable tool that I use on a daily basis in my research practice.

Pros: I love how versatile and powerful Qualtrics is. It enables me to build a wide range of surveys and easily disseminate and analyze them.

Cons: It is expensive. I don't love how they've broken the product into different sections and require you to pay for each one.

• Reviewed on 16/07/2020
Arien S.
Associate Professor
Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/03/2018

"The product is great for all users of a large university for academic and administrative purposes."

Comments: Very efficient data collection and data management with students and colleagues.

Pros: There is no installation required, the product innovations are seamless. Using the software is intuitive. All the work is backed up automatically. There is flexibility in how work can be shared between users. Collaboration inside and outside the institution is not a problem. In an African country, where there are limitations in terms of internet access, the product still meets the need of most users. Although we have not invested in the offline application, most researchers find other ways to deal with the problem when they are in remote places.

Cons: The analysis side of the product could be improved. There are limitations in how to manipulate the data to get the best table or graphs to display the results. Most of the time I go to Excel in order to get the graphs that display the information in an optimal format.

• Reviewed on 16/03/2018
Thomas W.
Analyst II
Insurance, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2020

"Great for surveys, but can be a little difficult to use"

Pros: Great for building surveys, has any feature you might want!

Cons: It can be a little difficult to figure out how to program different types of questions

• Reviewed on 12/11/2020
Dipa T.
Survey Administrator
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2018

"I have been using Qualtrics for1 yr & they're great. Very easy to use, support is spot on, great val"

Comments: Time! I spend much less time on survey data than before. I can run a report right off the platform in multiple formats for the team.

Pros: Very easy to use the platform and even after a survey is being actively used, you can unlock and change things.

Cons: I have been using the software for over a year and at this point I don't have any problems with it.

Cheyenne H.
Planning and Research Coordinator
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2018

"Very simple to use. Makes report generating easy. Enjoy the features in cross tab and visuals."

Comments: Reporting for our survey needs.

Pros: User friendly and easy to use. The menu buttons and options are very simple and intuitive. I can follow the steps of making a survey and gathering the data without help right away.

Cons: Not having some features/options. For example, I would like the option to use embedded data to set filters before responses are returned for automatic multiple report generation (separate the data based on each unique value in an embedded data field, not have to specify each unique value). I would also like to be able to add both % and count in tables both in results and reporting functions. These are just additional features that would make my reporting smoother.

Adelyn C.
d.Leadership Co President
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2019

"Overall good quality, some features could be improved"

Pros: It has general ease of use and is not difficult to maneuver, especially on the user end when they are finding the surveys. It doesn't have any distractions on the side when you take surveys.

Cons: Not sure if this pertains to just the administrators that were using this product, but when I took surveys, I couldn't take the same survey more than once the same way the option can be made available in Google Chrome. I would need to clear my computer cache before taking it again, which proved to be a little inconvenient.

• Reviewed on 09/01/2019
Researcher
Research, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2020

"Best Survey Making Survey"

Comments: Overall, my experince with Qualtrics has been great. I have been able to make surveys just like I want them to be and later analyze the results with R.

Pros: Qualtrics has all the functionality that I need it to have. The interface is user-friendly and easy to use. There are numerous ways you can set up your survey. It is advanced features to make the survey just like you want it.

Cons: There isn't any real con with the software itself, however, some people may find it to be expensive. I am able to use it for free as it is through the University but I can understand that the price may not be appealing.

• Reviewed on 08/10/2020
Hayden Y.
Research Manager
Research, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/01/2019

"Best way to solve research problems"

Comments: Awesome tool to streamline your surveys and make it easy to navigate.

Pros: I work for a research company and we have evaluations that we complete over the phone or through the web. Before we purchased Qualtrics, we had an in house tool that was broken and slow. You can customize the product to your needs and it has a very pleasing aesthetic.

Cons: No complaints so far about Qualitrics' solution.

• Reviewed on 10/01/2019
Paul W.
Video and Digital Media Technologist
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2018

"Robust survey tool"

Comments: We use these surveys for everything from academic research to getting RSVPs for the holiday party. I like that they are quick and easy to set up, which lets me use it for the simpler tasks and not just "save" it for the tougher stuff.

Pros: I appreciate that Qualtrics uses logic to allow me to route users towards and away from questions or groups of questions based on previous answers. As a survey taker nothing fatigues me more than being asked irrelevant questions that should be excluded based off my prior answers. It has great tools for distributing and reminding, and makes it easy to check the status as well as collect responses and import into Excel.

Cons: The Excel data does need some cleanup, which is unsurprising but I do wish I had more control (or simpler control) over what the output looked like.

• Reviewed on 19/11/2018