• Overall
    4.3/5

About Trello

A visual collaboration tool that creates a shared perspective for your team on any project in a fun, flexible, and rewarding way.

Learn more about Trello

Showing 17,340 reviews

Ty C.
Lead Business Systems Analyst
Paper & Forest Products, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2019

"My favorite personal project management tool ever!"

Comments: It always does exactly what i need it to do. Never dealt with bugs, sync issues. Provides me a lot of relief managing my day to day. No matter what device i am near i can add something to a list and continue along.

Pros: I have used many different project management/personal organization tools and none of them ever seemed to "stick" until Trello came along. The app is fantastically built with an incredible UX no matter the device. They haven't overloaded it with unnecessary extra junk and i appreciate that. They stick to their core mission and do the right things really, really well and it's because of that i still use it. Using it as a collaborative tool is also great. It might not be DevOps and some people may knock it for that but there is definitely a place for it in an agile organization.

Cons: I personally don't consider this a criticism but i could see how some would say its not good enough as an enterprise project management tool. I can understand where they are coming from BUT my primary use of this platform is personal project management and task management. I also think most projects could easily employ a agile model facilitated by Trello but it's really a personal preference.

• Reviewed on 20/12/2019
Senior Digital Designer
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2020

"Meet Trello, the everything connected web based platform"

Comments: Trello was used by our team for over 1 year while I was on a contract gig. We used it for our everyday task planning and coordination along with TRACTION L-10 meetings where we supplemented progress reports with that system. As I cannot speak for the reporting side of things, I'll cover the basic user side of things. Basically, Trello allows one to create "Cards" that represent a project and add tasks and assignments to the card that folks on the team can track through their notifications. Once you, the author of the card, update it, all connected team members of that card are sent a notification of this update and are reminded to take a look as time allows. The manner in which one can build new pages/boards for each project type is quite simple and easy to learn. Then users simply add "lists" to their "Boards" and the boss has complete oversight over everything. I found it easy to explore new power-ups and try them out, but the more advanced ones may need IT help and some extra expense for the use. As a manager, one will find it easy to tell when folks are actively working and collaborating, but I would warn against using it for an attendance checker. We used Skype to show availability instead.

Pros: The power-ups involving automatic actions to simplify the tedious nature of repetitive tasks (like Butler)
The ease of use for customization
Categorization, lists, checkboxes,
Outlook connector
The ability to share files directly for review is the best!
Teamwork is now broadened to folks across the world!

Cons: The inability to label the columns with custom images without making a card for it.
The fact that power-ups are limited so a trial user can never get the "full effect"

Chaya W.
Trainee Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2019

"Trello - Managing projects sophisticatedly"

Comments: Trello is becoming one of the most popular project management tools with its facilities like file uploading , adding due dates, color labels . Also Trello can be used with many devices like phones , computers or tablets. These facilities have attracted the users and it has become more popular among the users.

Pros: Trello is a one of the most popular web based project management tool used in these days. Because of its attractive visual and high adaptability it has become more and more popular. Through Trello people wo are scattered on different geographical areas yet working on the same project can get together and continue their work without any obstacles. The application provides the ability to transfer files among the team members and users can put cards to mark the work to do. Also each card is assigned a color label according to the priority of each task. Because of the colored label facility users may not miss dead lines. When a card is created user is given a chance to add due date . When the time is close color of the card turns in to yellow and once the date is passed it will automatically turn in to red. This method helps the user not to miss the dead lines. Also Trello can be used on many platforms like computers , tablets and even on the phones.

Cons: In order to use Trello users need to have a proper internet connection. Without a proper network connection users cannot use the application. Trello is more suitable for simple projects with in a small scale. It is not suitable for big projects with many teams . Users can only upload files up to 10MB for each attachment. Files bigger than 10MB cannot be upload if you are a basic member. Only business class and gold members can attach files up to 250MB.

• Reviewed on 16/04/2019
Rachel C.
Project Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2020

"Love this product, very visual and straightforward, highly recommend"

Pros: There is SO much to like about this software, it's hard to narrow down. The versatility of the software is incredible. We have a variety of different teams (e.g. photography, video, writing, web development...) and each team's boards are completely independent of one another, with completely different workflows. Other tools seem restrictive whereas Trello is incredibly customizable, and change is easy. We were also able to create templates for each team's workflow, which made building out new project requests a total breeze. The calendar powerup is incredibly helpful, adn the ability to build out cards with checklists, labels, due dates, attachments, etc. gives the perfect amount of flexibility and accountability tracking we need. I could go on and on about this software, I absolutely love it.

Cons: When the pricing structure changed a year or two ago, we had to totally restructure our work to be able to keep the software (we are state funded and could not afford our current structure once the price increased). We had to transition from nine teams to one team, separated out by tags. We have a TON of boards, so this was less than ideal but still totally manageable. The one other thing I like least is the limitations placed on board powerups. They are SO useful, and the tool is still incredible without them, but I wish my whole team had gotten to experience the powerups (I was one of the only Gold members).

• Reviewed on 30/07/2020
Stuart S.
CEO / Senior Producer
Media Production, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2020

"Trello is great for how we manage projects"

Comments: Trello has been great for our team and the way we manage projects. It has become a huge part of the way we work.

Pros: Trello is used on our team to manage projects in very specific ways. We have been able to set it up exactly how we want things to be, as well, we have used other services that integrate with Trello to add even more functionality, and it really keeps our team organized and on task with projects.

Cons: For the most part Trello works great. Once in a while, we have some issues with our integrated service Zapier that we use a lot with it, where rate limits are exceeded. However, we can avoid this if we adjust some things on the Zapier side, but it would be nice not to have rate limits on the number of tasks we can do in the span of a certain time since we are paying for the service. Other small issues would be some updated functionality we'd love to see like more color options for labels, and other simple cosmetic things.

Sarah H.
Media Director
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2020

"Trello - Social Media Project Management"

Comments: Trello has been a content marketing team's dream tool for many years. However, we have adopted it on our social media team and have been very impressed with the ease of use and also the free version is unbeatable. Especially since there are so many expensive tools out there that essentially do the same thing. We will remain loyal to Trello because we adopted it early on and an it's made a world of difference in our efficiency.

Pros: Not only do our social media specialists love using Trello to keep their clients and team projects organized, but many of them have also said they now incorporate Trello into their personal lives for tracking their own extracurriculars and family vacations. Trello allows for complete card customization and the interface is very modern and user-friendly. The drag and drop feature allows users to shift cards around with ease and automatically updates any designated dependencies. Trello has made our processes much more efficient and has boosted our social media team's productivity because we have a lot of moving parts with both our paid and organic campaigns and Trello gives us the ability to house all the stages of a project (from inception to execution to completion) all in one convenient and simple to use place.

Cons: We are a team of social media specialists and wish that Trello would integrate better with other social media scheduling tools such as Sprout Social and/or Salesforce. It would also be nice if there were customizable automation we could set for reminders and triggers and a level of admin user management to help keep the hierarchy in line.

• Reviewed on 25/07/2020
Enrico A.
Developer
Publishing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2020

"Very good tasks manager!"

Comments: Very good tasks manager, I love it and use it everyday for work and private life

Pros: It has a visually intuitive interface and it's list and card management is perfect to handle most of tasks flow from "New" to "Done".

Cons: If you have a lot of cards (more than 500) in a Board it may take some second to load the page and render all of them

• Reviewed on 14/07/2020
Tayyab S.
Administrator
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2020

"Best To-Do-List Management Platform"

Comments: I don't have much time to check every team member's activity and performance on a daily basis. So, I decided to go with Trello to assign the tasks and check every single activity efficiently. It gives me access to track the insights online without any cost that's why I'm happy with it.

Pros: The Trello can works smoothly, with the availability of drag-and-drop, having the upload attachments facility as well. It has a cool and colored interface that creates interest while uploading your work. Trello is a project management software that handles the whole aspects online for free. It is compatible with both Desktop and mobile platforms to scale-up businesses.

Cons: It is little bit complex while adding the next task to-do-list. It is a good tool but these things are missing in this platform like Gantt charts, time-tracking, progress reports, and billing functions.

• Reviewed on 12/07/2020
Colleen C.
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2020

"Simple way to track projects"

Comments: We travelled extensively for two years to internally track what we were doing in our start up.

Pros: I like the Trello is easy to use. I also like that there are add-ons that you can use to make the product even more powerful. Are used a Chrome ad in to make it even better.

Cons: I was a little unhappy when they change the pricing structure of this product. But mostly because were start up and don’t have a big budget. Truthfully the product is worth the money.

Mike P.
Freelance Writer
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2020

"Perfect for homeschool lesson planning"

Pros: Trello makes it incredibly easy for me to create a weekly lesson plan and share it with my homeschooled 9th grader. I have a list of cards for each day of the school week, each card representing a different subject. When opened, the card reveals a checklist with that day's assignments. My student works at her own pace, moves cards to different days if needed, etc. I can check her progress at any time via web or mobile, and at the end of the week, I copy the board and update it with the following week's lesson plan. Perfect!

Cons: I honestly can't think of a thing I don't like about Trello. It has made the administrative part of homeschooling a pleasure!

Namita M.
Director of Program Management
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2020

"User Friendly and customizable Project Management application!"

Comments: Adding users to the card, creating checklists, adding due date to not only to each card but to each sub-item is very handy. As the due date/time is close, there is a different color for you to easily understand your priority task. I liked that I could add and import checklists, copy cards, assign tasks to relevant users and once they are done, the cardmembers can be notified. You can easily archive cards as work is completed. Moving and reorganizing card between boards and lists is very handy. You do not need big planning to work with this application, you can start anywhere and enhance/organize it the way you want. That will save you lots of rework! This application is very convenient to work with contractors, they do not have to be on the organization Trello account, as long as they have a Trello account, you can work with them. You can add them to only cards they have a task assigned. We also integrated this with Slack and it is very convenient to get a notification on the slack channel.

Pros: The application is designed by keeping Kanban methodology in mind. It is very simple and easy to use. Well designed for any level of technical and project management experience. I love how I can organize lists, cards, and boards. I also like the level of security I can set up for each user and board. Trello is an inexpensive application. They offer freemium version as well. We used freemium in the beginning and as we grew, we upgraded to the paid version. Overall, I am very impressed with this project management application! You can organize your tasks well and communicate with the team by focusing on your priority and deadline.

Cons: This is by Atlassian software and I understand that JIRA is designed by keeping enterprise in mind, while this is more for small to mid-size businesses. So, it is not very convenient to manage sprints, etc for product development. You cannot use Trello for a large scale projects.

• Reviewed on 14/09/2020
Abby B.
Web Designer, Small Business Owner
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2020

"Outstanding project collaboration, especially for free"

Comments: As a web designer and marketer, I use Trello for project management, to collaborate with clients and keep them up-to-date on their project. I also use is to assign them "homework", list due dates and checklists of what I need from them.
I work with mostly other solo business owners, but sometimes have a client with multiple hands in the pot. Trello has worked very well for either scenario.

Pros: There's so much you can do with the free version, I still can't believe they're offering it for free. They've made constant improvements with adding things like assigning a person and a date. Just with the color-coding of cards alone, there's so much you can do with it.

Cons: There's really nothing else out there like it, other than putting sticky notes up on a wall. There's no other SaaS like it. So getting started out, it's a little hard to explain to people, but once they're in there, I haven't had any clients get confused; it's quite intuitive.
I wish you could customize the layout a little more - like have sub cards, or make columns smaller. I also wish there was a way to move Comments to a sideboard, or to another card. Cards end up getting congested and makes it hard to find pertinent information.

• Reviewed on 20/08/2020
Maria D.
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2020

"Great product for the price"

Comments: Overall, I'd recommend this product to anyone who is looking to get started on simple task tracking, especially within a team. Hoping the product will release more features, like the ones mentioned above.

Pros: I love Trello's clean and customizable UI. It makes it easy for me to track tasks and to add as many columns to indicate a task's status as needed.

Cons: Lack of features that could immensely improve the product, such as time tracking for individual projects and increased ability to collaborate with other users. Some features I wish it included are: calendar view to see deadlines for specific tasks, and dates added to comments so updates can be tracked.

• Reviewed on 18/08/2020
Sandra D.
DE
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2020

"Trello to Organize Nonprofit Volunteers"

Comments: Trello runs my life. I use it to create and exicute plans, events, and campaigns with volunteers and venders. What I like best about Trello is the ability to automate and link with other software like my email and calendar.

Pros: Use Trello in my daily planning but I also used it to help my volunteers. The typical way for an entry-level volunteer to get information and learn how to do their job is with a 200+ page guidebook. That is not an easy sell for most brand new first-time volunteers. So I broke down the guidebook using Trello to make starting out simple. "Here is what you need to do and the tools you need to do it," on each card. I love that it lets me have links and attachments so everything my people need is at their fingertips and it is searchable.

Cons: Trello is intimidating at first. I love using it and I have taught a dozen people how to use it. They are all overwhelmed at first. But over an hour or so they get the hang of it and really start to enjoy using the system.

• Reviewed on 19/07/2020
Otto R.
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/07/2020

"Get Organized!"

Comments: This software has been our go to. We are able to track our multiple projects with ease, and navigate through things that would slip through the cracks otherwise using Trello. Highly recommended.

Pros: Trello is an excellent card based organization software that fit my company very well. I run an architecture company and with so many projects to run and keep track of having a website that shows all of the projects, and their status, as well as inviting clients to use to keep track of projects, is a necessity. Trello does this with ease, and the interface is easy to navigate and fall in love with. Similar software like basecamp may have more features, but the general ease of use of Trello we find to be much better.

Cons: The ability to search through the software is a bit daunting. Having everything critically organized is a must, and coming up with an organizational strategy that works for you is a must.

• Reviewed on 15/07/2020
Miriam C.
Proposal Analyst
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/07/2020

"Trello helps me to be productive in my working life"

Comments: It is an excellent application that allows us to achieve the established objectives by being more productive. It is an ideal tool for all professionals who often plan short or long-term projects.
Trello has made it easier for me to achieve my goals. In my work, it has allowed me to obtain better results, and It prevents me from forgetting any activity. I work with efficiency, productivity, and organization, I don't waste time locating any task. Trello has the necessary tools to make project planning easier. What I like about Trello is that it helps me to take advantage of my time since I am clear about what I have to do, it is an app that motivates me to start and finish what I propose, both in my work and my personal life.

Pros: Trello makes the implementation of the projects more organized, allows better monitoring so that the proposed objectives are obtained, I like that I can register my projects and add the necessary tasks by organizing each one of them. We use Trello in my organization to make better use of time, this productivity app helps us to have control of habits and thus be able to achieve goals, in my work team we not only organize the tasks that we have to do daily but also, the break times. I use Trello not only in my work but also for my personal goals and tasks since it helps me to plan my projects, divide them into batch work and reach the goals that I set for myself.

Cons: The only thing I don't like about Trello is that the cell phone version doesn't have all the tools of the browser version; for example, to delete boards and to see other operations it cannot be done from the mobile app, but I have to do it from the browser.

• Reviewed on 06/07/2020
Rick H.
Directo of sales
  • Reviewed on 30/06/2020

"Just kept growing"

Comments: You get a lot for free. I ran my last business on the free version alone. The power-ups really allow great integration and automation

Pros: Started with Trello as a free planning and to-do product and it just kept growing and growing and growing. Best part is that unlike some products it kept growing with us becoming part of the daily production and planning process.

Cons: My only complaint is that the search feature seems to be a little weak. The ranking of search results seems erratic. eg. if I search ACME inc. you would think the most recent or most frequently accessed cards would come up but they seem almost random.

• Reviewed on 30/06/2020
Digital Content Manager
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2020

"Good collaboration tool with a lot of features to keep you organized"

Comments: We used to use Microsoft Excel for our e-learning design projects, but there was a lot of overhead involved in creating the project forms in Excel. Trello mostly works for our purposes right out of the box, so we were able to dive into a new process without spending a ton of time defining the process up front.

Pros: Trello supports our e-Learning design process by providing a central place to store and discuss the design for a particular learning engagement. It is user-friendly even for folks who are not particularly tech-savvy. It runs quickly and doesn't require any software installation. It can also be used for a variety of projects, from tracking a product roadmap or personal to-do list to creating new content for our learning platform.

Cons: A lot of the useful features require a paid account or a certain amount of Trello Gold to use. So all of the features are not available right out of the box. It also forces a design layout that is vertical, as opposed to our learning platform content which is arranged horizontally. So it is not as flexible as we would like.

• Reviewed on 17/06/2020
Jesse L.
Marketing Director
  • Reviewed on 01/06/2020

"Simple team task management - everything we need"

Comments: Our experience has been great. We tried asana and Monday.com, which are both very good tools, but for our different use cases - team project management, content management board, idea board, etc - the simplicity of trello was what we needed and get the most benefit from.

Pros: Intuitive, straightforward interface is so easy to use. We can set up, share, move, collaborate on and complete tasks very quickly and efficiently. The background customizations are great as well. And the price can't be topped.

Cons: Nothing. We tried two others for extended periods of time that sold themselves as having more or better features, but we always came back to trello.

• Reviewed on 01/06/2020
Reinard D.
GM Marketing
Civic & Social Organization, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/05/2020

"First to market, but not in first place"

Comments: As a personal tool, I can confidently recommend Trello as the free tier provides plenty of room to manage your personal day-to-day tasks. As a professional task or project management platform, there are now better options out there, although there is a big dollop of personal preference involved in these types of software solutions.

Pros: Trello is a really good personal and professional task project manager. I've used it in both of these capacities and I must admit, it worked better for me in my personal life than professional. As a personal tool, the free tier is really generous and you'll be able to track, organise and manage daily tasks and projects around the house with ease. As a professional tool, it just didn't quite get there. While the onboarding was really easy and the team got into the swing of it pretty quickly, once we started to integrate into our workflow, there were some hiccups we just couldn't solve. Don't get me wrong, getting boards set up, people assigned to tasks and uploading supporting documents was easy. There are some nice additions like adding designs to boards to give the creative members of your team an outlet to personalise their spaces and the board and task setup results in a really robust and detailed view of what's in your pipeline. The app is a really good partner to the desktop version and let's you do everything from your phone that you could do on the web version, with a caveat here and there.

Cons: Once we got into the workflow part we started to realise the limitations of the software on our particular process. To elaborate, we were using the software to manage tasks such as creative output workflow, advertising schedules and external partner projects. Now this is going to be the personal preference part, it just didn't feel natural the way Trello organises these processes. Moving tasks from step-to-step and the way documents were handled within each task/board didn't fit naturally with how we ran high volume task flow. I think in the end, some team members became frustrated with the day-to-day method of manually updating task status and the lack of automation with regards to tasks hitting certain milestones.

• Reviewed on 13/05/2020
Software Developer
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2020

"Trello, the Collaboration Giant"

Comments: Trello is helping us to solve the issue of collaboration and time tracking on our projects. We can now easily see work being done by each individual and even the time they spend. It has also solved our communication challenges by automating email notifications

Pros: Trello really made our development team work better. The fact that you can line up tasks in lists and set card owners and due dates really did it for us. It is a very easy tool to use as setting up the board is just drag and drop. The vast number of power ups available also allowed us to extend its functionality and get more from the app. Another key feature that we fell in love with is the activity history that allows just a quick glance of recent board activity.Integration with our process was very easy as we follow the Agile methodology

Cons: Of the improvements that I think can be done in Trello, one critical one would be native integration with the google calendar. This will be a huge benefit for planning and logging work on the calendar. Another downside is that there is no built in functionality for reporting and a Gantt chart. These would make life easier if added.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2020
Cielle B.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2020

"I am getting so much more done"

Comments: It was definitely worth the learning curve to figure out the best way for me to use Trello. And it really wasn't all that hard. I had to watch a few tutorials. Plus, because the software is so flexible. even when I made a few mistakes in setting up my first projects, I could easily restructure things within the setup. In other words, I didn't have to start over, I could simply change things as I went forward and noticed the need. This is great because with complex projects, even now that I know the software better, as project needs change, with Trello I can easily modify the tracking system I set up.

Pros: Trello's software is very flexible. I can set it up to meet my needs and tailor it to the way I tend to track workflow. Whether a project is big or small, I can easily track the next step or steps needed to be completed to move the project forward. And it offers a simple way to see at a glance all the projects I am currently working on.

Cons: Because the software is so flexible and open-ended, it took me a while to understand how to use it. I had been using a different project managing software before Trello. It was much less flexible and as a result, easy to implement "out of the box ". But I quickly ran into its limits. With Trello, it feels like there are no limits but at the same time it took me longer to figure out how to use it."

• Reviewed on 07/05/2020
Lisa C.
Sr Director, HR
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2020

"Worth it!"

Comments: I supervise a team of three HR professionals. Our biggest problem in our work execution was determining who was doing what when. I also needed to be able to follow up with them regarding items that had been referred to them for review, or even issues we discussed during our weekly one-on-one meetings. Through Trello, they are able to work on tasks and I can see their updates in the "activity" portion of the Trello card. I also get weekly and daily updates regarding tasks that are due soon. My team -- which was very skeptical about their ability to use Trello -- is very pleased and have even begun making their own boards! The use of Trello has cut down our meetings from hours to a bi-weekly stand-up call of 15 minutes.

Pros: Trello gives you great planner options on its FREE version, which is a fantastic value. Other products have free versions that are either barely functional, or have a limited time during which you can use the free version. Trello does not.

Cons: Honestly, there is really nothing that I dislike about this software. The only thing that comes close (and is not really a "con") is that there is a slight learning curve in order to leverage many of the extra features. The joy of this is that you can still use Trello with great functionality and never really miss these extra features such as the Butlers or Powerups

• Reviewed on 08/05/2020
Jeff K.
Pastor
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/04/2020

"The Best Team Project Management Software"

Comments: The training video really helps jump-start you experience and the blogs are fantastic. I share them with the team all the time. I am trying to push all of the important administrative functions of my ministry to the Trello platform for simplicity's sake.

Pros: I have a staff of volunteers which means they all have fulltime jobs and work remotely when they work for the Church. Trello is the program that we use the most. It is versatile with all of its different functions and so user friendly. I appreciate the flexibility to integrate with other programs. It makes project management a breeze!

Cons: I have yet to discover something I do not like about Trello. Lowering the price is always a win but the present rate is competitive.

• Reviewed on 09/04/2020
Biotechnology, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2020

"Best task manager"

Comments: So far is free, so it also has the best relationship price/quality you can find.

Pros: By far this is the easiest to use task manager in the market. It is very intuitive and easy to use without missing functionality. I've used for several projects big and small and never failed me.

Cons: The only drawback I see is that after you create a task you must go back to add information, this is something that should be done in one step instead of two.
It has less features than JIRA, but most JIRA features are of not use for me, so I can't complain for this, but if you are looking for a JIRA drop-in replacement, this is not the software you are looking for.

• Reviewed on 02/04/2020