• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.4 /5

About Intervals

Take control of your projects and find out where your time is going with customizable workflows and detailed, meaningful reports.

Learn more about Intervals

Showing 25 reviews of 66

Mark G.
President / CEO
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees

"Very Pleased"

Comments: I purchased Intervals for my small business to make it easier to track and assign tasks. We previously had a system that no one (including me) used because it was not at all intuitive and was a poor fit with what we needed. I looked at a lot of other systems, including BaseCamp, Asana and a few others that are commonly recommended. Intervals was the best fit for what we were seeking.

Pros: The biggest 'pro' is that everyone (!) who works at my business uses it and finds that it is very intuitive. Everyone agrees that it makes our work easier and is a pleasure to use. It is very affordable for the features it offers and the numbers of projects/tasks that you can create a big selling point for me was that I could get everything that I needed for about $50 or so per month, without worrying about immediately outgrowing the system. Intervals is very forgiving when errors are made it warns you when you are about to leave a page without saving, for instance, but doesn't bombard you with alerts that aren't needed. It has plenty of room for saving documents and allows comments to be made in Intervals via any email address. It stood out from some other software in that it is also more customizable. Their customer service is excellent, and you can tell that they actually use the software and have thought through and learned what works and what doesn't. A fully-functional timer / timesheet system is another big plus.

Cons: Intervals introduces new features every quarter or so one of the latest is adding files through drag and drop. The lack of drag and drop used to be the biggest con for me, since I upload files often. So, no longer a con. That system could be a little more streamlined, and there are some file management features that I'd like to see improvements on (and which I've recommended to Intervals staff  I love that you can do that and that they actually listen!), such as the ability to organize files into folders (each task sort of acts like a folder, so this is not a big issue in most cases sometimes we have 50 files attached to a task so we have to scroll a bit). Also, the interface design is a little less contemporary than some others. However, these are all very minor, picky issues in comparison to what you get with Intervals software that more than does its job and offers more bang for the buck than its competitors.

by Pelago on 28/07/2017

Mark, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

We appreciate your feedback on document uploads and the interface. It's very helpful feedback.

In regards to the interface, we've recently launched a new look, called Modernistic, that makes Intervals even easier to use. It can be found under the Settings & Defaults / Themes section on your account.

Andre V.
Pres
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2016

"Rock solid - powerful - affordable - Project management tool"

Comments: We have been using Intervals for 6 years and it is still the perfect tool for our engineering company. We trust this tool as our central (and only) hours worked database. We use it to bill our customers, to pay our employees and to follow the progress of of our projects too! It has performed flawlessly for 6 years and it is simply fantastic!!!

Pros: - Cloud-based. A must for us as our employees can work from where ever they are
- Reliable - never lost data or obtained a bad report
- Powerful - The data in the database can be analyzed in many different ways as provided by the built-in reports. Easy export to external processing tools if necessary.
- PERFECT for project-based companies. Perfect!

Cons: Not much. Some may find it more complicated than simpler tools, but that is the price to pay to enjoy a professional grade tool...

by Pelago on 28/07/2017

Andre, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

We've recently launched a new interface, called Modernistic, that makes Intervals even easier to use. It can be found under the Settings & Defaults / Themes section on your account.

James C.
Architecture & Planning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 09/11/2017

"Conceptually, this is excellent project management software"

Comments: Budget management, time tracking, project management, invoicing

Pros: I like the fact that time tracking, project management, task management, and invoicing is all tied together. The idea of pulling all these elements together is genius!

Cons: Currently, I use the software primarily for tracking my time and invoicing clients. My biggest beef with the software is that it does not give you the option to track your time with start & stop times. I jump between projects and tasks quite a bit during the day. Many times I don't have time to start or stop timers because I'm on the go. I usually update my time at lunch and at the end of the day by thinking back over the past few hours, and entering it into a spreadsheet in time blocks. For example: From 8:30 am - 9:00 am I worked on Project A doing project coordination. From 9:00 am - 11am, I worked on Project B writing a report... The spreadsheet allows me to enter my time in blocks of a day, but then I have to transfer those hours into Intervals. This is inefficient and duplicates effort, but I need to be able to enter it in time blocks in order to be accurate. I usually don't have time to enter time into both programs in a day, and so it ends up sliding to the end of the month. If intervals allowed you to enter hours in start/stop time blocks, then I could skip the spreadsheet and have realtime feedback on my budget. The absence of this one feature significantly reduces its effectiveness and functionality for me. If the developers would create this one feature, I would have no complaints! It would save me hours of time and I would always know where my budgets stood.

• Reviewed on 09/11/2017
Amir R.
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2017

"good, but could be better..."

Comments: i've been using intervals for a few years now.
basicaly, it answers our needs, but the main thing I feel missing is an integration to services like zapier, which are the only way to sync with our sales CRM...
second, i think the task view should be much more intuitive. thanks!

by Pelago on 23/03/2017

Thank you for the feedback. We are considering integrating with Zapier and appreciate the feedback. We have been rolling out more and more integrations and Zapier has a good chance of making the list.

Regarding the task listing, we are actively working on overhauling the user interface and the task listing will be changing. If you have any specific questions about the changes please contact our support team ([email protected]).

• Reviewed on 19/02/2017
Dmitri B.
Oil & Energy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2016

"Yes, I gave it all five stars"

Comments: What we really appreciate is attention to details. One of the best user interfaces (UI) out of many web applications we used for the last 3 or 4 years. Very intuitive.
Reporting tools are priceless!
Overall a great application, would recommend it to anyone wholeheartedly!

Pros: Great user interface
Reporting tools
Value for the money

by Pelago on 28/07/2017

Dmitri, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

• Reviewed on 12/11/2016
Maria F.
COO
  • Reviewed on 24/05/2018

"we have been able to meet our needs as a start-up with ease and really no issues. Very helpful"

Pros: the The ability to pull hours by client, by task if needed, and overall reporting flexibility.The ability to pull hours by client, by task if needed, and overall reporting flexibility.The ability to pull hours by client, by task if needed, and overall reporting flexibility.The ability to pull hours by client, by task if needed, and overall reporting flexibility.

Cons: I understand from other users that without the full admin rights, the actions are sometimes more restrictive so finding the right permissions to non admin users is sometimes challenging.

• Reviewed on 24/05/2018
Michael P.
  • Reviewed on 24/02/2012

"The Perfect Time Tracking and PM Solution for Our Agency"

Comments: We looked at a lot of cloud-based time tracking and project management solutions before choosing Intervals. None of them had everything we needed in one place. Almost 2 years later, we still feel we made the right choice and recommend Intervals without reservation. It does what you expect, and much more, and is an absolute bargain for what it costs.

Pros: Has all the features we were looking for and more (time tracking, tasks, data export, Quickbooks export). Easy to teach to new hires. Customizable so it works with our workflows. Mobile version is also great when we're on the road. Robust reporting.

Cons: There are so many reports that we often can't remember which ones do what, but that's not really a con; it's more our issue. If Intervals had more robust file sharing capabilities, it could replace another service we use, which would be great.

by Pelago on 28/07/2017

Michael, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

We appreciate your feedback about reports and file sharing. We can see how better organization and file sharing would be an improvement, so, we've made note of these ideas for future development possibilities.

• Reviewed on 24/02/2012
Jennifer C.
Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 06/03/2018

"Intervals has helped us manage the projects we work on with external teams."

Pros: It helps us easily communicate updates and changes that need to be made to campaigns, while notifying everyone working on the project at one time.

Cons: There isn't much flexibility within the tool, and it is hard to find tasks, projects, and documents at times.

• Reviewed on 06/03/2018
David R.
Creative Director and CEO
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2014

"Nailed it"

Comments: I reviewed more 20 systems before I settled on Intervals. I've been using Intervals for about 5 years because it helps me track, manage and understand our most valuable resource - time. It's speed and ease of use are nearly transparent, until we need the information. Then it provides us, and our clients, full accountability and has allowed us to capture and bill for more of our time than possible before.

Pros: Ease of use (get everywhere from anywhere)
Great support from the authors
Frequent updates and additions
Loading speed of application
Flexible billing options
Exports seamlessly to Quickbooks for accurate billing

Cons: Minor details that are more preferences for my work style than functional issues.

• Reviewed on 27/08/2014
Josh L.
Director of IT
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2020

"Intervals Tickets"

Comments: Works and functions well for what we use it for.

Pros: We use this software for our ticketing system and works really well minus some work arounds.

Cons: I wish it was more customizable and had the owner listed in the task list.

• Reviewed on 08/10/2020
Whitney H.
Managing Partner
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2016

"Get as granular as you want"

Comments: We've been using Intervals since we were a 3 person studio and find it a solid, reliable way to keep track of project time and tasks. The team finds it easy to learn and use, and i like the variety and options of running reports. Only recently did we start using the "subtasks" checklist to group items together and not drive ourselves crazy - a great move. We will set up templates using this method, to give each new similar project a good head start on what needs to be done, in what order, and in what time period. I appreciate being able to set time estimates so the producers know how they are tracking against budgeted time. The new dashboard helps us get a big picture of the budget. I hope the next evolution of this tool will allow for improved PPM (Project Portfolio Management) so the project managers can see where we have gaps in our schedule and an opportunity to shift work around or accept more.

Pros: Reliable up time, easy to learn, variety of reports available

Cons: Can't really manage the portfolio of projects (seeing across team members and tasks to understand where we have capacity).

by Pelago on 19/04/2017

Thank you for the review and feedback. It's great to hear how Intervals is helping your agency.

I wanted to point out a relatively recent report we created, called the Resource Allocation Report. This report will provide some lightweight resource planning help.

It works by dividing up the task estimates across the days its scheduled and the people assigned to complete it. This should help seeing current capacity across tasks and projects.

Regards,

• Reviewed on 30/09/2016
Tom G.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2016

"Great solution for our needs"

Comments: I first became aware of Intervals when I worked on a client project. From there, I signed our company up and find it to be an excellent tool to track time, log hours, and produce both internal and client reports. Its flexibility and ease of use put Intervals in a class all its own in my opinion. Works great for our needs

Pros: The ease of use to create client tasks and then log time according to the task. Each time log has a description, which is very helpful to our clients so they can see how their billed time was spent.

Cons: We have found no cons regarding how we use Intervals. If we were to expand our use into other areas we are not currently using, we may encounter functionality that is not as expected.

by Pelago on 28/07/2017

Tom, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

• Reviewed on 13/09/2016
Cynthia D.
GM
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2016

"Great Time Tracking Management for Development Shops"

Comments: We've tried so many time tracking systems and Intervals has been meeting our needs for our software development, project manage and support teams for about 3 years now.

Pros: easy of use and flexibility to really address our needs in time tracking.

Cons: would like ability to tie specific tasks together to be able to show A needs to be done before B. there are workaround using task statuses, due dates and milestones, though.

by Pelago on 28/07/2017

Cynthia, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

We appreciate your thoughts on tying tasks together and we can see how that would help with your workflow. We've made note of this idea.

Director de proyectos
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/09/2014

"Amazing tool!!!!"

Comments: I became a user of this tool 5 months ago.
I am a Computer Science Engineer and have been involved in project management for 15 years.
I was looking for a project management tool for our 30 people company because we manage more than 500 projects per year. This search took me more than 8 years, testing ALL kind of tools. Some of them were good but none of them fit us 100% (or, at least, 85%).
I am a SaaS believer and this was one point I was not going to avoid.
I found Intervals and gave me a great feeling since the first time.
The user interface is very intuitive so that our learning procedure was easy for all kind of our users.
And second point was functionality. The data model is perfect and you are able to manage all kind of situations without a problem.
Reports are wonderful and you are able to get all kind of important information to decide whether a client/project is interesting or not.
Other of our requirements was tracking time. And this is something that this tool allows you without any problem.
We were also looking for a tool that uses a Calendar view, because it gives users the possibility to organize themselves in an easy way. This is something that works great in this tool too.
There´s much more we can say, but I recommend you to test it and decide by yourself.

Pros: Calendar view.
Data model.
Tracking time.
Reporting.
Performance (never shuts down...).
User interface.
Support (when you propose or notify a bug, the answer is surprisingly fast!!).

Cons: Approving time tracking permissions.

• Reviewed on 04/09/2014
Jenny M.
Freelance Content Writer
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2019

"Flexible time and task management software"

Comments: Intervals helped our team organize our projects and keep the scope under control by accurately tracking our time and comparing it to estimates. It also allowed accurate invoicing and reporting for happier clients.

Pros: Intervals stood out because it made it easy to break down large projects by tasks and keep a close eye on the scope. We've had projects fail due to scope creep before and Intervals really helped to nip that in the bud. We really liked the ability to manage tasks by milestone, allocate resources, and set a budget for each project. Comparing the estimated time to the actual time taken on each task has been tremendously helpful and we are now much more mindful of how we spend every second of our time. Speaking of time, the time tracking feature is very complete and allows us to accurately invoice without shocking our clients with unexpected billings.

Cons: The UI looked like it was designed purely by developers, but the team has been working hard at revamping the entire thing and it now looks a lot cleaner and professional. We also struggled to keep our inboxes clear with the hoard of email updates we'd get from Intervals.

• Reviewed on 29/04/2019
Krista B.
Account Manager
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2019

"Can't Live Without Intervals!"

Comments: I couldn't live without intervals. I use it every second of every day for my job and I can't imagine a better software. I especially love the constant updates and upgrades the team provides!

Pros: I love how easy it is to use, so intuitive!

Cons: It used to be that there was no easy way to see which tasks had been viewed or commented on but the new feature changed my only con!

• Reviewed on 20/03/2019
Ben S.
Business Development Manager
Chemicals, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/06/2017

"Excellent value for money"

Pros: Brilliant tutorials, exceptional customer support. Getting started was far easier than the products I tried before

Cons: I find I still manage to spend a lot of time 'managing my project management', rather than doing actual project management. Having used a couple of other software packages though, I honestly think this is mostly just in the nature of the work rather than anything from Intervals

by Pelago on 28/07/2017

Ben, thank you for the review. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business. We understand what it's like to spend a lot of time managing projects. We hope Intervals helps cut down that time.

We've recently launched a new interface, called Modernistic, that might help streamline projects. It can be found under the Settings & Defaults / Themes section on your account.

• Reviewed on 13/06/2017
Javi G.
Consultant
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2017

"it's very easy to use."

Comments: Project management, and ease of putting the hours dedicated to each project.

Pros: it's very easy to use and timers for task it's very comfortable to control this. Daily mails with the memorandum of the tasks expired are very well

Cons: I think it is an application that is growing and there are enough things to be complete, but I think they are in it, for example, there would be a type of cost typology. You can not define neither days of work nor ability to work.

by Pelago on 28/07/2017

Javi, thank you for the review. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business. We'd love to hear more about your thoughts on cost typology and defining days and abilities to work.

• Reviewed on 17/05/2017
Ami H.
Talent Development Manager
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2015
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2015
Bill G.
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2018

"Finally found an integrated Project Management and Time Tracking tool for web designers!"

Comments: Intervals is just so fast and flexible. For a web designer, it's hard to imagine that one couldn't benefit by using it. We've been using it for several years now. Every system has its learning curve. But this one is pretty easy! Written by designers.... for designers! They knew the territory and made it easier for the rest of us.

Pros: Might sound funny...but probably my favorite thing is the email queue that allows me to forward client requests directly into a project for time keeping. I use it constantly. It really helps when you're busy to "keep the flow going"! But honestly, there are so many conveniences with Intervals. And it's so fast and smooth!

Cons: I wish there were an easier way to attach sales tax to individual tasks for "non-web"projects. Right now you have to make a separate project for print projects like logos or brochures. It's easy enough to do, but we are always lookijng for "easier" :-) These print projects inevitably come along with web design if one has the skills.

• Reviewed on 11/10/2018
Member
Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2018

"The best time & project tracking system for our consulting business"

Comments: Over 20 years, we've gone from Excel-based time reports to one or two other systems in our office. They all were not that great but got the job done. Then we tried Intervals and it was like a breath of fresh air. It is an easy to use (once you get used to it and go through the training), logically laid out system, that is reliable and has good support. Our whole firm has used it for over 5 years. It has evolved nicely during that time. The company that makes it seems to be led by good people. I've introduced several other firms to it and they have been happy with it also.

Pros: First, we've been a user for 5+ years and Intervals has been rock-solid. No disasters, no corrupted data, etc.
Second, the system is very logical in how you work with it
Third, Time entry is a breeze, which makes billable time tracking across a group of 30 people much easier to do, because we get good participation from our team members
Fourth, the ability to export any report to Excel, PDF, etc. is fantastic. Every app should provide consistent output format in various file formats, if that makes sense. No matter which export format you choose, it looks like it should when it is displayed, printed or emailed, etc.
Fifth, I think their support is great, although we don't need to use it much given how easy it is (once you get used to it)
Sixth, these guys don't rest on their laurels and instead, continually improve the software

Cons: It has needed a mobile app for a long time. We've been waiting for it for a couple years. I've heard it is coming soon, I'm guessing early 2019. We'll see.
It absolutely needs one more access level for managers, project managers and executives. It kind of has two of the three, as well as a couple others, but this has been needed for a while.

• Reviewed on 07/12/2018
Anand M.
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2020

"Vital Project Management Tool For My Business"

Comments: I was using this tool for two years couple of years back and stopped using due to downturn in my business. Now from past 6 months I am using this tool. I found lot of positive changes in several features and interface.

Pros: 1. setting up custom summery reports at predefined time, custom pie chart reports
2. Comprehensive set of features to set and handle any scale projects.
3. Provision to park the projects for small monthly fee.

Cons: 1. Too low active projects for the fees
2. Too many features presented upfront...need significant time to explore them before getting started. May be present only top 10 features 80% of standard users use on regular basis and present remaining ones gradually as need basis.
3. Also provide predefined features sets (GUIs) for small / middle size teams or different development processes such as water fall method or Agile method etc

• Reviewed on 28/10/2020
Nichole H.
Marketing Manager, Scientific Games
Gambling & Casinos, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2016

"Great all around Product! Highly recommend!"

Comments: We began using Intervals several years ago when our In-house Creative Services team outgrew the Excel Spreadsheet. We were inputing data, tracking project, etc. through Excel and then time tracking through Harvest. It was very redundant with an excessive amount of data entry for each task that came in. We were looking for a simple solution, easy input, and time tracking. Intervals had all of the feature that we needed. It's worked very well.

Pros: I like most the external request queue. I will often send emails to this as a reminder and has made tracking projects and submitting projects very easy. No complicated forms to fill out. I like the ability to run times and input data at a later date. The reports have been very helpful for performance review and project audits.

Cons: I would like it to be more adaptable to forms and collaboration with online users. It is hard to get everyone to always change statuses and track time - but I think that is a people training issue. We don't invoice so it would be nice to maybe turn off some of the functionality that we don't use. Would love to get some training or webinars on how to better use this software.

by Pelago on 20/04/2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Intervals so thoroughly. We truly appreciate it. We know what it's like to outgrow Excel. It's part of the story behind how Intervals was born. As for adaptability, we've got some ideas brewing on how to add more collaboration features in the future. If you have any more ideas you'd like to contribute, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 20/09/2016
Alisa C.
Web programmer
  • Reviewed on 16/09/2016

"The best time- and task-tracking software around"

Comments: Intervals has changed the way we work. As a distributed company, our team members are located across the globe. Intervals allows us to follow tasks together, track their status, assign them to each other, set up milestones and timelines, and keep track of everything, including tracking our time, in one place. It's easy to use and the best software of its type that we've used so far. The Intervals team listens when we ask for specific features, and updates the software to make it better and better. I love how easy it is to use and to keep track of our projects and tasks.

Pros: Ease of use, responsiveness of the Intervals team when we have questions or suggestions. Being able to track time and generate reports in the project management software helps us easily track our projects.

Cons: There is one feature I'd like to see, optionally emailing a team member about a particularly urgent task or one where the team member is a follower vs assignee. But that's a minor quibble, compared to all Intervals has to offer.

by Pelago on 28/07/2017

Alisa, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts on how we can make Intervals better.

• Reviewed on 16/09/2016
Lukas L.
Head of Web Development
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2017

"We are using Intervals since many years and overall we are very happy with it."

Pros: We really like that it's not just another ticket system, but also can be used as time tracking and project management-tool.

Cons: We would like to see more customization features - we have a lot of users which don't want to go very deep into a new software and the loads of features is way too complicated for them. For example, it would be great to have an option that a project haven't got any modules or milestones and then none of these options would be shown.

by Pelago on 28/07/2017

Lukas, thank you for the thoughtful review. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

We can understand how limiting the interface to only what's being used could be helpful. We'll add this idea to our list of potential improvements.

• Reviewed on 12/05/2017