15 years helping Australian businesses

About LiveChat

LiveChat is a complete customer service platform that creates the ultimate customer-centric experience while boosting your sales.

Learn more about LiveChat

Pros:

Livechat allows rapid communication with customers and bypasses the need for long phone call wait times. Ubiquitous among major businesses and improves customer experience substantially.

Cons:

The lag can be pretty awful sometimes...that's hard to explain to a client. Sometimes it makes us look lazy.

LiveChat ratings

4.6
4.6
4.5
4.5

8.6/10

LiveChat has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 1,665 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used LiveChat before?

Filter reviews (1,665)

Marie Joy
Marie Joy
Virtual Assistant in Philippines
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Easier and faster communication with customers

5.0 last week New

Pros:

The real-time chat feature allows us to communicate with customers faster and on time. We can also do more in less time by creating many agent accounts and specifically giving them different tasks. That way, we can utilize the software while providing efficient and fast service to our customers.

Cons:

There are times when messages get delayed and it leads to misunderstandings with customers. The price point is also higher compared to others.

Laura
Laura
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

It's simple and fast, so I can contact my teammates right away

Comments: Livechat allows for instant, one-on-one interaction with customers, increasing the likelihood that they will become paying clients. Live chat takes a customer-centric approach and equips your company with useful tools.

Pros:

The use of real-time chat allows us to communicate with our clients in a highly productive manner. We have found that creating many agent accounts and assigning specific tasks to different teams of workers helps us do more in less time.

Cons:

Its price tag is higher than those of its rivals. The delay in getting chat messages is annoying and often leads to misunderstandings. It takes time for support to respond and fix the issue we report.

CEO in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

LiveChat- the solution for live customer care needs

5.0 last month New

Comments: I've used LiveChat for several years now and really like it, and depend on it. Some customers prefer the chat feature over calls, and this is perfect for that.

Pros:

LiveChat makes is very simple for customers to reach us during our business hours and to reach someone immediately. We can solve any issues right away for them, and mark them as completed when done. To install the code into our website was very straight-forward, just copy/paste.

Cons:

Pretty easy to use, not really any complaints.

Pharmaceuticals, 11–50 Employees

Far too expensive against identical options

3.0 last month New

Pros:

Simple to use and fairly self serve- if at a large organisation where chat only is the priority id say it would be work well.

Cons:

The cost is far too much for basic level users. With competition from so many alternative options that offer help centre and WhatsApp integrations for 1/5th of the price or freemium - paying £500 a month for live chat seems absurd

Kreasan
Jnr HR Business Partner in South Africa
Construction, 10,000+ Employees

link with your customers with this amazing tool,Live chat is my daily savior.

Comments: Wow! Everything about Live chat is incredible.It is very easy to use and implement.You can ask questions and get answers one on one. We've had a tremendous experience.

Pros:

Live chat is a user friendly tool which connects you with your targeted audience.You can easily communicate with new people in your website or in your social media platforms.You can communicate through messages or phone calls, that's so cool.Live Chat has been my favorite tool which I interact with.Grow your business by reaching your customers more personally,it makes it easier to understand your shortcomings and correct them.

Cons:

For the time that have used Live chat,I have no cons about it,I am a happy user.

Christiane
Christiane
Customer Support Team Lead in Brazil
Financial Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Easy to use and also offers ticket system

Comments: Livechat is good, and user interface is very intuitive. They also have ticket system, canned responses, and apps that we can add to their system, free or paid. Price is good, however it needs to increase the speed, response for loading pages/features.

Pros:

Livechat is a good option, they also offer ticket system, apps as Knowledge Base that can have internal or public knowledge base that can be shared with clients. User interface is really easy to use, no need for training, very intuitive.

Cons:

Too slow, if your demand is high, and you have more than 200 clients waiting on queue the system can get stuck, if you have less clients it should be ok to use.

Linda
Interior Designer- Manager in US
Architecture & Planning, 201–500 Employees

LiveChat Excellence

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Use of LiveChat with customers daily is successful.

Pros:

Dependability in daily use as a tool in communicating with customers in livechats.

Cons:

There are no problems that have occurred with this software.

Nicole
District Sales Manager in US
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

Very convenient chating tool

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

It has made my life simpler by its amazing live chat abilities.

Cons:

Doesn't hang a lot while creating a new chat. Very useful tool for customer conversations.

Angela
Angela
Owner in US
Retail, Self Employed

LiveChat has made my self-owned easier to manage

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: My experience, not including the price hike, has been exceptional. I feel as though I made the right choice when I chose LiveChat.

Pros:

LiveChat offers customers like me a range of resources like films and articles to help in maximizing the features of the program. The periodic emails informing reviewers of new developments in LiveChat's commercial applications are really appreciated.

Cons:

Pricing has recently gone up significantly.

Tami
controller in US
Automotive, 2–10 Employees

Easy solutions

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I like that I can get answers without having to call and wait on hold or email and wait for a response

Cons:

Sometimes it takes a while to get a person to chat with

Executive Office, 501–1,000 Employees

LiveChat mudou minha empresa

Comments: Our company started using LiveChat because we were losing a lot of customers due to the lack of support that was able to solve problems quickly. Before we started using the software, we used e-mail and this generated very slow communication with our customers. We implemented LiveChat just over two years ago and improved the level of our service. Since then, we have increased the efficiency of our work, reduced costs and mainly improved our relationship with the client.

Pros:

LiveChat integrated perfectly with our business, the software is fast and allows us to reduce the average service. Because we are able to solve our customers' problems more quickly, we were able to expand our customer portfolio. This means increased revenue for our company. But the most positive effect was being able to improve the way our company was seen in the market. The best thing about LiveChat is that it allows us to work and at the same time provide support to our client, because whenever there is a new interaction, the software emits an audible warning on the mobile device and this allows us to be answering questions in real time.

Cons:

Well, we currently face only a few difficulties with the usability of the app for mobile devices, because the web version of LiveChat is perfect, but the mobile version and a little limited, in my view, needs to expand the features in the mobile version, such as the resolution tags that are not allowed to be added in each contact, but the web version has this function. Another issue that implies the use of LiveChat is the cost of implementation, which is a little high by the standards of some companies.

Marketing & Advertising

LiveChatInc Review

Comments: We are a 3rd party company using LiveChatInc app as our platform to serve our industry, and its been great. I tried several others, and there were functions I liked, but in the end, we came back to LiveChat because of their ease of use, support, and some unique capabilities other chat companies didn't have. There are a couple of important changes we would love to see to make it more customizable, but overall, I would recommend it highly.
I've tested at least 4 of the "top" live chat apps out there … and we came back to this one, as it was the best overall.

Pros:

First of all the Support team is very friendly and helpful. This is key and they have always tried their best to help, and were open to my feedback on improvements that could be made. It is very easy to use, very intuitive. Has some unique features I've not found in other live chat apps (example: auto greetings to customers are personal, and come specifically from one of my live chat experts. Other platforms I've used, it sends a generic auto invite, and the customer has to ACCEPT to chat, before they are connected with an agent. We have compared, and this one feature makes our take rate (customer engages in a chat) much higher, due to it being a personal invitation by one of our reps.

Cons:

The biggest one is the inability to customize Visitors window for our staff. An older version (which we still have to use) used to allow you to set up specific columns of info on each visitor. This way you could see how many times they visited, were invited, refused, etc… without having to click on each visitor to see this info. If you have a lot of visitors it is impossible to click on each of them in a timely manner and know whether to engage in a conversation. This is a big one that needs updated soon. It has taken a long while to have auto invites work properly on all mobile platforms (iPad, iPhone, tablets, etc). It still isn't possible on all, but on most devices now, customers will get a pop up if you send an invitation to chat. Wish you could set up a second Auto Invite (ie. at 1 minute into the visit, an auto greeting is sent … if declined, at 4 minutes, a second one is sent). Unfortunately, not possible. When you send a personal invite, it classifies it as a CHAT, even if the customer doesn't chat with you. So the archives get filled with "blank chats" that you have to leaf through. All of that said, besides the first one, it is still the best live chat app out there, in my opinion. Fingers crossed the Visitor view options will be changed back soon, to allow it to be more customizable for customers.

Alexandre
Owner in Brazil
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

Perfect tool for Tupiniquim Hostel's Live Support

Comments: We use LiveChat as a reservation / general information channel for our hostel. Because of this we're able to provide a more humane support and convert these people into actual reservations. Before using LiveChat we tried like 3-4 different tools which weren't (not even by a long shot) as reliable and effective as LiveChat is. My partner did not want to sign up for LiveChat because it was like 300 % more expensive than the ones that we've being using but the cost/benefit is totally worth it. We've had an increase of 400-500 % of actual reservations because of this tool.

Pros:

It's packed with powerful features, details about customers that let us deal with them in a better way. The integration with Facebook Messenger is pretty cool (even though it should allow us to click on the person and be taken to his profile). Archiving, tagging and searching couldn't be simpler. Super powerful features for international sites (we use 6 translations). There is no software like this on the market.

Cons:

My only complain is that there is no tool for a supervisor or sysadmin to check LiveChat without being logged as a user. There was a plan to do that (I even replied the form) but apparently they shelved. Ohh, and that the app (for iOS) just deals with chats, not with tickets. I use heavily both features.

5 years ago

Hi Alexandre, Thank you and really happy you like using LiveChat, we do our best to make it even better, every day! If by chance, you had a moment to leave us a review at WordPress, it would help us even more deliver the best live chat experience to our WordPress users: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wp-live-chat-software-for-wordpress/reviews/#new-post  Cheers, LiveChat team

Christy
Christy
Director of Operations
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

LiveChat is Great!

Comments: We've been using LiveChat for almost 2 years now. It's been so helpful to see who's on our site when they are actually there and to be able to help them when they need it (which keeps them from straying)! We are an incorporation services provider and people often have lots of questions when they are searching for a provider in this field. Though we have the answers to most of those questions on our site, people often want to clarify or they may feel lost when ordering. Having LiveChat makes it easier for our potential clients to reach out to us without having to leave our site or even to pick up the phone. Instant gratification! Thanks to LiveChat, we've been able to quickly convert those people with questions into clients.

Pros:

Visitor data is so very helpful for us. When a client has an issue while ordering, it helps us to know what browser they are using. It is also quite helpful for us to know where they are connecting from (country or state) as this can determine what kinds of services they need. Also included with the visitor data are the IP, and the pages visited (and for how long they stayed on those pages). This lets us know about where the visitor decided to leave and what they were looking for...and if we feel the need, we can offer to chat with them (rather than waiting for them to start one with us). LiveChat also makes a verbal announcement when we get a visitor to the site, informing us as to whether they are "new" or "returning" visitors. There is also a verbal announcement when someone initiates a chat ("incoming chat"). The ticket feature is also helpful. When the office is closed or if the technician is away from their desk, the clients can leave a message for us to follow-up later.

Cons:

It would be very helpful if the visitor data were logged and saved for reporting purposes via LiveChat. This historical data might prove useful to us when making changes to our site. It would be nice if the incoming chat would also pop-up a separate window. Sometimes I have my volume down or off when I am on the phone and I've almost missed chats that way.

Civil Engineering, 10,000+ Employees

Livechat exceeds our expectations.

Comments: Livechat is an invaluable tool that enables seamless communication with potential clients across various mediums of their preference. Its integration within my department has significantly enhanced our interactions, leading to higher satisfaction rates among first-time clients and reduced query resolution times. Moreover, Livechat serves as a powerful tool for converting interested prospects into paying clients, further contributing to the success of our business.

Pros:

The Livechat team consistently delivers exceptional support, which has greatly enhanced our experience with the software. They promptly address any challenges we encounter and continuously provide valuable resources to optimize our usage of the Livechat platform. Moreover, the extensive range of high-quality features available to us sets Livechat apart from being just a helpdesk solution. Our utilization of Livechat has expanded beyond expectations, thanks to the outstanding features it offers.

Cons:

The addition of a lifetime ban feature is highly necessary to effectively handle trolls. The current option to ban individuals for only a few weeks falls short when dealing with persistent trolls.

Osagumwenro Progress
Osagumwenro Progress
Management Trainee in Nigeria
Government Relations, 11–50 Employees

An Ode to LiveChat

Comments: It solves the problem of losing customers to lack of guidance, and then it has helped us gain some repute as a customer centric organisation

Pros:

Live chat is a basic, essential, and effective tool for customer relationship management and sales. Having this software integrated into our website has significantly impacted our reputation and bottom-lines. We virtually stalk (lol) clients activity on our website and give the relevant nudge to make a buy, or give the necessary assistance in times of need. Great news is that it does not require massive learning time. Communicating with clients feels like chatting with a pal. Another thing I like about livechat is the integration with facebook. Our clients are on our facebook page most times, having to meet their needs without having them visit our website is a very big one. The integration with mail chimp solves a lot of our email marketing issues as well. One is able to fully customize livechat and set design preferences Analytics: The integration with google analytics coupled with its native analysis functions helps us know what our visitors are doing on the website per time. As a support staff to my boss, livechat enables me get reports of number of chats, time spent with a customer, or response time, and then, evaluate how to improve the service We are able to Pre record responses to certain questions. This saves us a few seconds that is enough to solve problems for another client. Access to chat history: Although this is a premium feature, it is very useful so as to monitor customer queries through till resolution.

Cons:

I do not have so much to say about the mobile version. It requires a lot of optimization so as to bring it to the level of the web version. This will fetch the company more money through purchases, and paid adverts on the app platform.

Carrie
Group Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist in Jordan
Retail, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Best for customer service via live chat and for advanced analytics to improve performance

Comments: Through our use of Livechat, our method of dealing with customer inquiries via live chat has evolved, as the analyzes provided to us helped us with this, as it enabled us to see in detail what customers prefer.

Pros:

I greatly appreciate the capabilities that Livechat provides us, as it allows us to receive inquiries from those interested who browse our advertisements that we publish on social networking sites, where he can communicate with us directly by clicking on the links embedded in the advertisements, which increases interaction and improves response speed and increases our capabilities To reach potential customers more quickly. Livechat's artificial intelligence is very advanced, as it enables us to obtain detailed reports showing the extent of our employees' interaction with site visitors and customers during live chat, and thus we can always make appropriate improvements that suit customers' aspirations.

Cons:

Livechat is almost flawless, as I have not tested any complex issues or any difficult tools to use. The user interface is clear in detail and easy to deal with to perform the tasks as required.

Shannon
CSR in US
Telecommunications, 201–500 Employees

Live Chat for Instant Results

Comments: LiveChat is something we use to communicate with our online customers daily. It allows us to aid them without having to speak on the phone. Overall it is a fantastic product that aids in our daily productivity.

Pros:

I love how simple it is to keep in communications with our customers. It is an easy software to use and has some features that make things much easier for customer service representatives. My favorite part is the canned responses or snippets. It makes things easier when keeping up with company expectations of what is expected in a call.

Cons:

Some of the manager options could be a little easier to use. When monitoring a chat that someone else is taking occasionally there is a delay.

CYNTHIA
Nigeria
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Livechat gives us a professional look.

Pros:

I like the simplicity of the Livechat interface ,and this is a major factor while I adopted the program as my startups customer chat solution. It is affordable, which is very cheap when compared with the enormous benefits we have gotten from this program over the last one year. I like the Livechat customer support department. The support team have continuously served my startup very well. We get responses to our queries instantly via chat messages and the support team also forwards us periodic write-ups guiding us on newer ways we can use Livechat ,to grow our business. I am provided with daily and periodic stats and metrics which easen the process of measuring the performance of my customer care team.

Cons:

Livechat is just the real deal. However I am not overly impressed with its mobile app,I will like to see a better improved mobile app. which will remove the need of always having to access Livechat from a desktop or laptop computer to make major changes or customization.We should be able to do everything from the mobile app.

Basiirat
Basiirat
Customer Support Analyst in Nigeria
Entertainment, 51–200 Employees

Livechat is magical.

Comments: Our customers regularly inform us that they get a faster response to their questions,when they communicate with my organizations customer care team via our website ,as against when they put a call across to our support telephone line. Livechat enable our agents communicate faster with customers than they do via the telephone ; therefore it has made the customer care team work faster,efficiently.

Pros:

I have used Livechat for over eighteen months and I get impressed by the sheer quality of this program. From the interface,which is among the most intuitive of any software solution I use as work ,to its customer support which is available to resolve our needs within seconds of getting on their website. Livechat also has a broad array of features which will improve any customer service department. Among these large library of feature on Livechat ,I particularly love the sneak-peek feature.The sneak-peek feature let me see what a web visitor is typing even before it is sent and I have had a few visitors try to ask me how I seem to know what they are typing; I tell them it is Magic.

Cons:

Livechat needs to broaden the functionality of its mobile app. At the moment,it only allows for it to be used to chat with web visitors and nothing more.

Manoj
Senior IT trainer in India
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

bad ticketing system

Comments: All here are talking on Chat feature, that is really nice comparing to available on the earth!
It's not the complete solution to customer support requirement. Need to use another helpdesk solution for ticketing and email reply.
Ticketing system is really bad, no separate canned reply available, need to use same available in chat. The reply emails can't be customized and very "old n ugly" interface displayed to end user in reply email. Powered by Livechat" can't removed in ticket reply. I contacted to support desk on this, but not answered well: "Yes our product manager know this..., we will update you." No proper/firm answer "When I can modify this ticket reply?". I think, they will see your subscription period, say for 1 year then standard answers. Might be different experience in trial or monthly subscribers. I am finally searching for good ticketing/email reply service.... search never ends for customer support team for good all in 1 solution!

Pros:

chat is instant, fast reply and appropriate geo-location.

Cons:

Ticket system is really need "good modern interface" updation. Customization options are not available for ticket system. Need to work hard on ticketing seriously, comparing to helpdesk, desk.com or groove

8 years ago

I'm sure there are improvements that can be made. Thank you for the detailed review, Manoj. ps. If you are looking for certain canned responses we suggest using a grouping system. Something like a prefix before an initial canned response. t_ (for tickets - #t_sales) and/or c_ (for chats -#c_chats). This way, you will narrow down the list of available tags.

Ravi
Project Manager in India
Biotechnology, 5,001–10,000 Employees

A remarkably good chat option

Pros:

They have a very interactive customer service section. The very fact that they are user-friendly makes them even more unique. It shows detailed information about the person and the other end. This is especially helpful when you belong to any kind of business group and can offer your help with regard to the services available in that specific place. Also, the feature wherein if the person is not online at the other end you could still leave a message so that it could be caught up later, is really good. And, since automatically generated greetings are present, all the manual initial greetings need not be told all over again to each of the contact.

Cons:

It would have been even more helpful if another separate page was generated whenever a call appears so that they wouldn’t go unnoticed. The mobile app needs to be improved a bit more. It doesn’t show justice to the desktop version.

Eric
Eric
Marketing Manager in UK
Market Research, 10,000+ Employees

A necessary customer chat tool

Comments: It improves sales because it understands what the client is looking for and everything directly with the seller, it is quite necessary organizationally and it is also accessible to companies

Pros:

What I like is that it allows quick and real-time interactions with customers. It is an assistance system that, as a communication tool on web pages, benefits many sectors in the company. I like this tool because it is quite easy to use and it is a service that allows first year to know the concerns and wishes of customers

Cons:

It is not a complicated tool and it brings long-term benefits to the company since customers feel personalized care and its functions are easily adaptable.

Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Great addition to the support team!

Comments: LiveChat allowed me to implement a new support channel which we did not have prior to elevate our business and provide a new service offering to our customers. This has been a great addition to further engage our customers using a new, different support method. While it has been an awesome addition, there is still room for improvement with regards to scalability.

Pros:

Allows for simple and quick implementation of a LiveChat option on our site and software application.

Cons:

There have been some service outages and connection issues during business hours which impacted our customers and resulted in some negative feedback to our business. We rely on the tool to be functional in order to utilize and offer this communication channel to customers. Also, the reporting could be improved. Rarely do I use or look at the Dashboard as it is not customizable and the reports do not provide very detailed information. For example, we are interested in expanding our hours but I have not been able to easily utilize the data from LiveChat to determine the volume during those hours to justify the change. I have had to export numbers and count manually how many chats were received during a specified timeframe to put together a report. Ideally, I would like to see more volume trends and reporting capabilities.

Jeremy
Owner in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

One of the best if not the best

Comments: Very good and couldn’t run our business without it, look forward to future improvements.

Pros:

Excellent feature set and customization especially on the desktop app. Works great with woocommerce.

Cons:

Mobile app support has been a little flaky with login issues for almost a year. Seems latest update to the iOS app has mostly fixed this but still some lingering issues. So many more features could be added to the app as well. Also don’t like that you have to be on upper tiers to have a simple feature like hours available. We often forget to close the app down and have customers trying to reach us off hours.

5 years ago

Hi Jeremy, Thank you and really happy you like using LiveChat, we do our best to make it even better, every day! If by chance, you had a moment to leave us a review at WordPress, it would help us even more deliver the best live chat experience to our WordPress users: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wp-live-chat-software-for-wordpress/reviews/#new-post  Cheers, LiveChat team