15 years helping Australian businesses

About Salesforce Sales Cloud

Drive growth with Sales Cloud 360, the best-in-class sales solution that drives rep productivity on the world's #1 CRM platform.

Learn more about Salesforce Sales Cloud

Pros:

The dashboard is in every case exceptionally alluring and basic. The interface is delightful and generally has an excellent cost.

Cons:

There are countless strides to having a total record, so this is definitely not a languid program. In case you will utilize it, focus on utilizing it, in any case, nonsense in, nonsense out.

Salesforce Sales Cloud ratings

4.0
4.1
4.4
4.0

8.1/10

Salesforce Sales Cloud has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 18,114 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Salesforce Sales Cloud before?

Filter reviews (18,113)

Bo
Bo
Customer Service Ambassador in UK
Banking, 10,000+ Employees

My best sidekick!

5.0 last month New

Comments: The design of the product that enables the team to gather all the customer's data in one place makes it one of a kind. Created and managed lots of marketing campaings with Salesforce as well.

Pros:

I cannot think of a day without Salesforce Sales attached next to me as it is my greatest helper! By Salesforce we managed to build such relationships and managed to grow revenue and cannot think of other product. The activity management is such a professional way to maximise productivity. Clients also use Salesforce and it makes effective communication and collaboration with stakeholders, suppliers and customers.

Cons:

Some customer interactions may fail if they are not using the same version of the product. It constantly asks for updates to the latest version otherwise some features may not work properly. Customer service needs to action as soon as possible with any queries.

Alternatives Considered: monday.com and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud: Tried several demos a couple of years, but decided to go with Salesforce.

Brian
Vice President Business Development in US
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

Does everything, but doesn't do anything better than competitors

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, it's been a great experience. Salesforce is much more costly than some other options out there, but the issue is once you have it set up. It is difficult and pricey to go to another alternative. That's how they get you hooked, as soon as you're set up. Even if you have headaches with the system, you'll have more headaches trying to leave.

Pros:

Salesforce can do absolutely everything. If you can get an intelligent salesforce administrator, you can customize Salesforce in any way you like to work exactly how you need for your organization.

Cons:

Making organizational changes to the system is sometimes needlessly difficult. To have an efficiently run Salesforce database, you must employ or hire an administrator to make major changes for you. If you're looking to alter major things within the system, oftentimes, you must rely on Salesforce's help, and often that takes a long time and is sometimes difficult to understand their service reps.

Alternatives Considered: Pipedrive, SugarCRM and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud: At the time, we were able to negotiate an amazing deal with Salesforce. 2 years later that deal disappeared and the prices hiked astronomically

Blake
coordinator in US
Biotechnology, 11–50 Employees

One of those necessary evils

3.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: It's the best of a terrible product catagory--no such thing as a good CRM, but I would probably switch to hubspot if I had no budget or performance restrictions

Pros:

It's the leader, been doing it as long as almost anyone--and being the most popular platform means it has a nice ecosystem of support content.

Cons:

It requires the commnity of support and content that it has created. Too expensive in additional training and contractor costs to keep it an org value--if you have SF it's worth investing to get it fully workable--I would never onboard salesforce brand new at any company.

Audrey
Audrey
System Administrator in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

The robust and efficient database facilitates contact with customers

Comments: I really appreciate how flexible the system is, as each of our business segments has very specific needs. By deploying our Salesforce administrators and developers on every project, we can provide value to every sales team.

Pros:

The dashboard is my favorite part of Salesforce Sales Cloud. Its cheery hue helped us forget about the quotas we were supposed to meet. I can also attest to its ease of usage. I was concerned that there would be a lot of fields to fill out, but the system's auto-population feature quickly put my mind at ease.

Cons:

I wouldn't call it a complaint because every system has its quirks, but Salesforce's slow performance is occasionally frustrating. Given the limitations of our network and the sheer quantity of people using the internet, I suppose it is to be expected.

Charlotte
Chief Operating Officer in Sweden
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Salesforce Sales Cloud review

Comments: I am the COO of our company, so my main focus is not sales, although I have multiple key accounts under my umbrella. I might not use all the "deeper" functionalities, but it is easy to learn, and find your way around if you are new to the program. We have expanded our use of Salesforce since we started, and we definitely have not reached the end of the program's usability.

Pros:

Reports - easy overview over open, or likely to close deals, good filtering optionsConnectedness - how you can see connections between different stakeholders/roles in different projects with different account managers. It helps us understand what are client and their clinets are involved in or what they have in their pipeline.

Cons:

We haven't found an easy way to create quotes directly in Salesforce, this would be a major improvement for us, as well as if we could use it for invoicing purposes. That would streamline our financial processes a lot.

Erik
Salesforce admin in Netherlands
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Lead brand in CRM and growing rapidly..

5.0 last month New

Comments: The system is great and the out of the box features of the Campaign object is great.

Pros:

Easy to configurate without the need to learn code or hire consultancy.

Cons:

Focussed on the use of leads while a non-profit mainly uses contacts.

Alternatives Considered: Dynamics 365

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud: Less dependent on expensive consultancy.

Switched From: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Voice

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud: Trailhead is a great free learning platform available for users/admins which makes it easy for user acceptance.

Terri
RV & MFH Park Manager in US
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Salesforce is a very efficient

Comments: Each case keeps the notes & docs together making it a more streamlined process for the user and more effective follow up & resolution for the customer

Pros:

Creating a "suitcase" within the clients profile. The suitcase contains notes taken by user from client, attach documentation supporting the case as well as the follow up which includes reminders

Cons:

It was challenging to learn at first, however repetition resolved the complexity along with the professional & courteous assistance provided

mike
Technical Services Engineer III in US
Utilities, 501–1,000 Employees

Automated Nofications

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: once I used it every day, I was able to move through updating records and inputting information easily.

Pros:

ease of use once trained to use the product.

Cons:

it times out often and it should be fixed in an update.

Speranza
Gerente comercial in Portugal
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

BEST VALUE CORPORATE CRM

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: I liked it a lot and it was easy to learn to manage it according to my needs, to take advantage of them and save me time.

Pros:

It is a CRM, quite complete and professional, easy to understand for anyone and what I liked the most is the tools with which you can help yourself so that you do not forget a task and remind you of them.

Cons:

Disadvantages, definitely not customizing or adjusting it according to the tasks that each person performs.

Richard
Marketing Operations Manager in Canada
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Enterprise sales management solution

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Depth of functionality for different roles, robust automations, lead management insights save a lot of time

Cons:

The organization is under pressure to cut on software licensing costs, an enterprise solution like Salesforce might be on the chopping block before long!

Alternatives Considered: HubSpot Sales Hub

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud: Better core functionality and out of the box integrations. Also tech team familiarity

Avash
Avash
IT Director in Nepal
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Full Fledged CRM for Every Business

Comments: My overall experience with Salesforce Sales Cloud has been exceptional. It's easy to implement, maintain and teach others to use it. The functions and flows are intuitive and easy to navigate once we get some experience. I highly recommend Salesforce Sales Cloud to every business as it can be used by businesses of any size.

Pros:

While there is a bit of a learning curve - Salesforce has exceptionally good and intuitive flows we get used to it. Another thing I like very much about Salesforce Sales Cloud is its scalability. Any business size can use it and scale it as the business grows which is rare in other CRMs as most are dedicated to certain business sizes. It is also flexible and customizable. I have set it up for a few clients of mine with little deviation in usage requirements and it worked perfectly with all of them. There is also a lot of automation that we can directly use - also we can take benefits of easy integrations available with other service providers. Also, it generally has more functions than we need so we don't need to worry much if the software is enough for a company. Maintaining it is also easy as every cloud service. Also, as with every cloud service - we can access it from different kinds of devices which is a added bonus.

Cons:

I don't think there is much to dislike about Salesforce Sales Cloud - I think the pricing for small businesses can be better. Also, there is a bit of a learning curve but that's okay as of all CRM I have used to date - Salesforce was relatively easier to learn.

William
William
Director in US
Professional Training & Coaching, 2–10 Employees

Great CRM Tool

Comments: Once we started using Salesforce, we have increased our repeat business from our existing clients and our conversion rate from the leads and referrals we receive has skyrocketed. We are able to tailor our offerings to the prospects specific needs and their response has been overwhelmingly positive. We often get comments about how they feel like we understand them better than our competitors.

Pros:

Salesforce is probably the most functional CRM tool on the market, and one of the easiest to set up and use. It worked right out of the box, and we have continued to expand the features we use. One of the best things are all the plugins available, which allow you to customize the environment to fit your business' specific requirements. Our revenues have doubled consistently year-to-year and our customer satisfaction ratings have improved dramatically since we began using Salesforce. My team has threatened to revolt if we ever consider moving to a different platform.

Cons:

The licensing structure favors larger organizations, but the fees we pay are still reasonable for the value we get from the product.

Jamie
Chief Technical Officer in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

A Business Essential for Success

Pros:

Salesforce Sales Cloud product is an essential part of our day-to-day operations. Not only is it incredibly intuitive, but it also has so many options for customization to our business. I find that if I think of it, I can build it with Sales Cloud. There is always support if we run into any technical issues and training materials to aid in our implementation and learning processes. Overall, it's a great value for the money, especially when one considers that you can pay per license and pay significantly less than other products.

Cons:

Sometimes, we could get so impressed with what Sales Cloud could accomplish that we would get carried away and over build what could have been a simple solution. It's important to understand your business thoroughly and get familiar with the tools so as not to overbuild.

Alternatives Considered: Zendesk Sell and Zendesk Suite

Switched From: Zendesk Sell

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud: The cost, reputation, and customization options made us trust Salesforce Sales Cloud most.

Ryan
Marketing in US
Machinery, 51–200 Employees

Big Name Big Deal

Comments: I once was a raving salesforce fan. That ship sailed. I am no longer much of a fan. The product has gotten too complicated for smaller business units. They don't need all the features. They don't need the price. The monthly cost is one thing. The set up and integration costs are huge. Can't bring myself to spend the money for that when other options are more than viable and more than competitively priced.

Pros:

I've been a salesforce administrator 3 times. At one of the companies we integrated nearly everything into salesforce. The joke was the janitor couldn't take out the trash without a salesforce entry. It does some things well. But, over the years it has become too bloated. Small companies just don't need all the functionality and costs.

Cons:

The cost has gotten too high. There are competitors on the market that do it very well for a lot less. Programming used to be pretty easy. That has gotten more difficult over the years. To the point where I am no longer a fan. I am a firm believer in CRM. I built my first CRM from scratch in 1988. There was no shrink wrap back then. But the program has gotten bloated and suffers from mission creep.

Royce Renzo
Royce Renzo
IT Support in Philippines
Logistics & Supply Chain, 10,000+ Employees

Salesforce on an administrators review.

Comments: I can say I had a lot of fun using it as an Administrator. At first, it's very challenging specially for the newbies like handling this kind of application but with daily management and training you'll find Salesforce very helpful not just for the business but also on the personal skill set that I gained with years of using it.

Pros:

What I like the most with Salesforce its automation and analytics. It makes our job easier as an admin to maintain the application and and also to manage different end users that rely on its function to deliver the needs of the business.

Cons:

The complexity. Sometimes its very hard to do some task since the application it self is designed with such complexity. Sometimes I found it hard to follow some procedure in salesforce specially when handling it for the first time.

Switched From: Dynamics 365

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud: I don't really know since I was only an administrator for Salesforce on our company.

Kiodashio
Designer in US
Design, Self Employed

Outstanding tool for managing Sales

Comments: My experience has been great with Salesforce but then again I love managing & having access to details. I will definitely recommend this if you have a business with a sizable sales team opposed to a small startup business with a very small team. However it depends on your desire for complex data management. If you're seeking to manage details; this is for you and it's actually great doing so too.

Pros:

absolutely love Salesforce, visually it has a clean look.  I would have to say that its one of the top CRM’s out there. It's extremely integratable, customizable, and great for tracking sales and managing your leads. This is great for your business giving all users easy access to key information while at the same time you can easily see all of your client’s activity.

Cons:

It can be difficult to make changes down the road as your business evolves and changes. Unfortunately the changes can be rather time consuming. Unfortunately sometimes the load times could lag.

Kunle
Consultant in US
Computer Software, Self Employed

Top CRM if you know how to customize or can hire someone to

Comments: I used the platform as an employer, employee and now as a consultant. The platform is amazing as a place to store your data and make it actionable. Salesforce is constantly investing in improvements so if something is lacking, you will usually see a new feature that fills the gap in one of its release updates. And if there isn't something, Salesforce gives you enough access to the backend that you can build it/have someone build it for you.

Pros:

The ability to customize around any data solutions that your company needs is a huge benefit of the platform. And its popularity means there are integrations with most sales and marketing tools.

Cons:

The setup and implementation require a Salesforce administrator. You can navigate some things on your own but without hiring someone or finding a consulting partner to customize your applications, you won't get much value.

Switched From: Dynamics 365

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud: Salesforce has its core focus on CRM management and is definitely a leader in the space. There are definitely tools that might be more user-friendly but less powerful/scalable.

Catherine
Catherine
Game Developer in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Salesforce helps us bring potential customers together in one convenient place

Comments: Salesforce's Sales Cloud integrates my sales. If a customer needs more time to think about whether or not to purchase our services, I can save time by returning to the previous order I put in Salesforce Sales Cloud rather than creating a new opportunity.

Pros:

I like that it can help us get our sales department more organized, that it's easy to use, and that I can save all of my leads in one place. Furthermore, because to Salesforce's popularity and scale, virtually every other tool or piece of software exists or is in the process of developing an integration with Salesforce.

Cons:

There is a steep learning curve associated with using Salesforce Sales Cloud, as it is not intuitive to novice users. Salesforce Sales Cloud's pricing structure may be out of reach for startups and other small organizations.

Frank
Account Assistant in Nigeria
Hospitality, 10,000+ Employees

Salesforce the sure CRM

Comments: Overall, I'd strongly recommend this app because it has a very good system for coordinating corporate operation, it's very easy to use, the navigation could be improved, and the load time is fast.

Pros:

Salesforce is an excellent tool that is very useful and budget-friendly, and it already has a lot of features to run regular tasks, arrange help tickets, and set reminders for important to-dos, whether they are urgent or not. It's also useful for integrating with other software for easier management, such as calendar apps. It includes sorting, categorizing, and marking filters, as well as a search tool.

Cons:

The only thing I found was that getting to where you want to go in this CRM took a lot of clicks. To open a specific ticket, for example, you'd have to first open a demo page before being able to open the ticket with the actual material. Although the site mapping was improved internally to and the amount of time it took to navigate from one page to the next. So far, it is the only disadvantage.

Zanna
MD in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Game changer when dealing with larger businesses

Comments: Very good, staff were very easy to speak to and actually they really helped me find other software or even referred me to another company for something else that I needed. Staff were perfect and very knowledgeable and attentive

Pros:

Integrating, once we set up our system and what we were going to use it for, this did a world of good keeping us organised. We were only a business of 4 when we started and knew fairly early on relationships with local businesses were key to us staying open, after an incredibly helpful and informative call with sales force it made things so easy to set up. I didn’t know how much CRM in a software at the time would help but after taking the chance and settling into it with the team it because a great tool to use, especially after we hired staff that were more knowledgeable about the software themselves. Managing our business accounts with sales force is the best thing we did.

Cons:

It’s expensive and getting started we worried about whether we would be able to afford it long term but it pays for itself.

Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

SalesForce + Pardot = Winning Team

Comments: My current company had been using Constant Contact before I arrived, and it was poorly managed... a huge mess, even... partially due to the staff being unable to coordinate, and partially because the software was a bit clunky. I was brought on during the SalesForce onboarding process, and 36 months later, with very little management efforts from our marketing/BD staff, our data is standardized, uniform, and easily accessible. Emails are scheduled to go out once a week, months in advance, based on templates first developed by our onboarding process, and we have been able to shift our marketing staff to more analytical projects that have given us the edge we needed to be on track to make our profit-sharing bonus numbers for the first time in years.

Pros:

The ability to customize really makes SalesForce its own beast. I've worked for two companies that have used the software, and both looked very different, yet still intuitively the same. I like that if there isn't currently a solution for you, there are add-ons and plug-ins that can be fitted into your experience to make it an extremely tailored solution for a wide range of companies. Not only that, the customer support staff have some great tools at their disposal that give you an even deeper dimension of control, should you be unable to quite round the edges for your perfect fit. I like the seamless integration with Pardot. In addition, with Pardot's automation platform, you can literally save hours' worth of work as contact/prospect data can sync in nearly realtime, depending on the rules you've set up. If all this sounds perplexing, don't worry too much, as Salesforce has an amazing onboarding team that will work with your designated admin staff to utilize most of the software package from nearly any education/experience level.

Cons:

There are some frustrating limitations with reporting in Pardot, and sometimes SalesForce integration with plug-ins can be a bit of a hassle if they weren't set up during the initial onboarding, but overall these are speedbumps at worst and don't detract from the overall experience enough to really worry about.

Cha
Cha
Technical Support Engineer 1 (I5) in Japan
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Salesforce is one of the best programs that you can integrate into your company.

Comments: It is incredible how this program has the ability to offer you a wide variety of options for the descent of a company and get many more sales that contribute to the business, Salesforce is one of the best programs that you can integrate into your company, from an excellent admiration and control of all your data until the management and correct interaction with all your clients, this program will reinforce the weaknesses that your work operation may have and will improve them to be your main virtues, in my work there is no other program more complete than Salesforce, Since there are so many possibilities that are achieved with the help of this amazing software, it makes my job much easier and more effective when starting.

Pros:

This program presents a totally simple interface to work with and that each of its users can concentrate on increasing the sales of their business and the entry of new clients to the company. This program is an administrative space where all the processes and procedures can be built. with the purpose of the constant growth of the company, one of the best things that this program has is the control and domain that each of its users acquires at the moment of implementing Salesforce in their workplace, as well as being a program that focuses on the management of advertising and marketing of the company with the same purpose of generating many more sales and new relationships for the business, it is by far the best CRM that has a host of options and benefits for the company and for my development .

Cons:

Without a doubt, the area and all the marketing functions can improve, we understand that it is not a program that focuses only on this area, but it can improve a lot in each of the new updates, this in order to reach more places and clients who are interested in our services and on the other hand it could be a bit complicated due to the amount of information to integrate certain contents multiple ways, in general I work very well and I like the performance of the program.

Marlyn
Marlyn
Marketing Operations Manager in US
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Build relationships with your customers and increase sales

Comments: This platform helps me a lot to have all the information in one place, because it allows the seller to enter the system and process all the required information, and this makes it easier to provide the necessary information about sales, emails, responses, meetings, etc. All this information is in one place, helping me to review the progress that is made with the clients, as well as I can set warning alerts, if they visited it, how many times a week they visited it, if I bought in the last month even If I buy in the same year.

Pros:

I like Salesforce Sales cloud because it helps us massively manage customers and manage the information of new prospects, it also helps us automate our sales process, because it helps us achieve business strategies, focused on customer relations. This platform helps us to have all the information of our clients in the company, since if a salesperson stops working for the company, they are prevented from having access to client information, since the system gives you the option to protect the information of your clients, this is done because each sales manager is obliged to file the information in the system, allowing the data to remain in the company and be used exclusively by the collaborators of said company, and in this way it can be resume customer relations and manage the customer again.

Cons:

I have nothing against this platform, as it is there to help small and large companies to retain customers.

Yanyu
Senior Data Scientist in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Salesforce simplifies sales and customer relationship management

4.0 last month New

Comments: Our overall experience with Salesforce has been excellent, from serving as a database for our recruiting teams to monitoring the progress of leads. Being able to ensure a solid sales management strategy is highly recommended for everyone, whether an individual or a company. It has been an excellent tool for our sales teams. The ability to have a solid sales management strategy is really recommended; Salesforce offers us a wide range of features and functionality that help us streamline processes, improve efficiency and improve customer relationships.

Pros:

The online community and personalization features of Salesforce's Sales Cloud are exceptional. I was okay with creating an account and tailoring it to my specific needs with the help of the excellent support staff. I may discover several accessible tutorials and demos to help you learn the software. The ability to search by a variety of criteria (email address, name, phone number, etc.) is a significant plus. Internally, we rely on Salesforce for effective sales tracking, marketing campaign management, task tracking, and calendar administration. Our outreach staff are tasked with making initial contact with a defined population and bringing them in for scheduled appointments. Both the service and attendance sections will benefit from this.

Cons:

Internal communication possibilities are limited and should be expanded. The CRM control panel also requires a safety assessment before an external user may be added. If you want to boost sales, you need to lower prices.

Braden
Marketing & Business Development Manager in US
Machinery, 11–50 Employees

Excellent CRM

Comments: Overall, considering I have used this program across numerous organizations, both as a new implementation and as an existing platform; I would say it is a superb CRM system. Additionally, I have used two other CRM systems, and neither meet the functionality as well as Salesforce.

Pros:

I have been a part of numerous business organizations that used Salesforce. One that integrated it into a business and one that had used it, essentially, since inception. In the business where we switched CRM systems, from the user standpoint the transition was somewhat seamless. Although expansive in product functionality, it has a pretty simple user interface, making it easy to pick up. Salesforce offers the excellent feature of customizing reports, either to export or to feature on a cloud-based reporting dashboard.

Cons:

The biggest struggle that I have had to date is with the 'new' lightning interface. To be fair, as with anything new, it requires time and patience. However some of the items, like the report builder, is far less intuitive than the original. It offers a block-style builder platform that features what I can only describe as a partial-drag-and-drop function. The system automatically adds items to a grouping when selected, however upon initial interaction looks like a drag and drop menu. It's a little confusing at first but once you get the hang of it, isn't an issue.