CAP Retail Point of Sale Reviews

by POS Nation

Filter by:

• Overall

About CAP Retail Point of Sale

CAP Retail by POS Nation supports retailers with a turnkey solution including software, hardware, support, and payment processing.

Learn more about CAP Retail Point of Sale

Ministry Director
Restaurants, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2019

"Life made easier"

Comments: This system has benefited us so much at McDonals, because it helps keeps us organized and up to date with everything that we may need help with or inventory on. It also makes it a lot easy for our crew too.

Pros: The most that I like about this software is that I am able to manage everything on this system at McDonald's. I can check times, check products and look at all the orders that had came through that day. Also with this system you are able to do schedules and make sure that the inventory is put in. With this system you can do just about anything even knowing the total sales for that day and month. This system helps keep everything together.

Cons: The only thing that I did not like was the fact that sometimes when I was trying to do an order, it automatically started rebooting itself and doing an update. It did not happen too often.

• Reviewed on 15/01/2019
Mandeep S.
CFO
  • Reviewed on 08/06/2021

"Terrible team, horrific software and non-reliable hardware!"

Pros: Great liars and getting customers onboard.

Cons: Terrible team, horrific software and non-reliable hardware! The system was sold on a lie. The features discussed during phone calls and via email did not match the actual system. They tried blaming the initial issues on the credit processing company but later learned that their software was not compatible when accepting EBT cash. Then the software upgrade (May 29, 2021) began showing the same error and froze both of my POS systems on numerous occasions. Instead of resolving the issue brought on by their upgrade, they asked me sign up for monthly service or pay $239 dollars. Their keyboard has a mind of it’s on. At times the CAP lock is activated or the number lock. Their scanners are worthless. I'm being charged $200+ dollars for a wireless scanner that is available on Amazon for $100 dollars. Scanner reviews on Amazon clearly show that no one invested any time conducting a thorough research. Lastly, it’s missing the automated decimal point and the change due does not disappear automatically when initiating a new transaction. Instead of helping resolve their software/hardware issues I received an email from Will that they are cancelling my software service. I emailed my concerns to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], but yet to receive any response. Do you want to start your day asking yourself if your POS system is going to work or not?

• Reviewed on 08/06/2021
Jennifer A.
Store owner
  • Reviewed on 27/12/2019

"I could not have asked for a better system and company!"

Comments: My overall experience with POS nation is probably one of the best experiences I’ve had with another company. From day 1 everyone that I have spoke with at that company has done nothing but go above and beyond to help in any way they possibly can with anything that I needed. Their customer service skills were amazing. And that’s very hard to find these days. Every employee that I spoke with was not only extremely nice and amazing and helped with anything that i needed but you could tell that they all worked for a great company and took great pride in the company that they worked for. Which is also very rare these days. I have nothing but amazing compliments for this company! From the bottom to the top! I’m so impressed with

Pros: What I liked most about this software was pretty much everything. From the price, the free installation, the iCloud monthly service, the 24/7 help line, and the overall easiness of the system. Everything was customized for the products we sell. If there wasn’t a barcode, you could easily make your own button for the product. The ID option is amazing, it helps the employees on checking IDs for the sale of beer and cigarettes. The time clock for clocking in and out is very helpful as well. Along with the end of day report and all the statistics that it helps break down.

Cons: Your system is amazing and truly the only con I could actually think about would be to have a bigger font option on the screen or bigger square options on the main screen.

by POS Nation on 17/01/2020

Thank you for your in-depth review, Jennifer! We appreciate your feedback.

• Reviewed on 27/12/2019
Vivian W.
MANAGER
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2020

"sPORTING GOODS"

Comments: Love it

Pros: The point of sale is easy to use. Reports are great..

Cons: It kicks you out often but you can get rite back in. The inventory is complicated way to many steps

by POS Nation on 29/12/2020

Vivian,

Reviews like this really make our team proud. We are happy to hear that the reports are great for your business. Thank you so much for your kind words, and for being a valued POS Nation customer!

• Reviewed on 18/12/2020
Mark C.
System Analyst
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2020

"Point of Sale Experience"

Comments: Overall experience has been great with the system and support. We can always count on support when we need them most.

Pros: Inventory reporting is the most helpful enabling our staff to track the least sold to most sold items to stay on top of what our daily customers are wanting.

Cons: Some configuration settings may need to be selected repeatedly in order to save or be enabled but this is not always the case as a minor annoyance.

by POS Nation on 05/11/2020

Mark,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our technical support and our inventory reporting. We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! We greatly appreciate your business.

• Reviewed on 29/10/2020
Bill H.
Information Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2020

"Tech Support"

Pros: Price Point of features/cost benefit. Seems to be a very good point of sale.
[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in Tech support is outstanding. He really helped us out with very pin pointed customized features that the customer uses and likes.

Cons: Nothing so much to dislike. It has a lot of the features in a canned product that we can use on a daily basis to run the operation

by POS Nation on 06/11/2020

Bill,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with a member on our support staff, and that he represented POS Nation well. We are also happy to hear that you enjoy all the features and functionalities of the POS System. We look forward to working with you again soon!

• Reviewed on 05/11/2020
Andrea H.
Owner and designer
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 22/12/2018

"Post systems review"

Comments: Overall it's a perfect product! It got the job done in an easy and effective manner. Highly, highly recommend!

Pros: I love this software!!! The best pos system I've ever used. It's so easy to process orders and manage sales.

Cons: I did not have any issues using this product. It was perfect for my business

• Reviewed on 22/12/2018
Server
Restaurants, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/01/2020

"So helpful"

Comments: Very good. I've used other softwares and they generally have not held up as well as POS.

Pros: We used this software daily when I was working in restaurants. It made it so easy to log in customers' items, print off receipts, and pay the bills.

Cons: We had issues with it crashing occasionally, but that might have been our own servers and not necessarily the software's fault.

by POS Nation on 17/01/2020

We're happy to hear you're enjoying your system! Thanks for the review.

• Reviewed on 08/01/2020
Kim M.
Fundraising Assistant
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2020

"My Review"

Comments: The CAP support team are excellent. They are very knowledgeable and willing to assist with every problem that arises.

Pros: I have only been using the POS systems daily for the past 3 1/2 months. Prior to this I used is occasionally when I filled in for a co-worker. I find the Hot Keys to be very beneficial. Also, most of the reports are pretty easy to generate and understand.

Cons: Still learning all the features of the software.

by POS Nation on 23/11/2020

Kim,

Reviews like this really make our team proud. We are so happy to hear that you have found the Hot Keys feature to be very beneficial for you. Thank you so much for your kind words, and for being a valued POS Nation customer!

• Reviewed on 19/11/2020
Scott L.
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2020

"review"

Comments: fantastic

Pros: ease of use...comprehensive...detailed...

Cons: everything is perfect no negative issues very happy

by POS Nation on 19/11/2020

Scott,

Thank you for your kind words, and for taking the time to share your feedback of our company! We greatly appreciate you and your business.

• Reviewed on 17/11/2020
Greg B.
OWNER
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/03/2020

"NEW SYSTEM"

Comments: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] AND THE TEAM OF TECHS ARE EXTREMELY KNOWLEDGEABLE. IT WOULD BE NICE IF THEY WOULD SHOW ME WHAT TO DO INSTEAD OF LOGGING IN TO MY SYSTEM AND DOING IT FOR ME.

Pros: THE FUNCTIONALITY OF THE SYSTEM IS NICE.

Cons: I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO HAVE DAILY EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS WHEN STOCK ITEMS HIT ZERO. THIS IS CRUCIAL TO ANY BUSINESS I WOULD THINK.

by POS Nation on 12/03/2020

We're happy you're enjoying the system's functionality, Greg. Thank you for the feedback!

• Reviewed on 06/03/2020
Liz H.
Store Manager
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2019

"Great software for a retail store."

Pros: This software is easy to use and has all the functions needed to properly operate and manage inventory/ sales.

Cons: Customer Database could use upgrading making it easier to look up customers and input information.

Louis K.
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2019

"Cash Register Express Review"

Comments: tech support is awesome.

Pros: user friendly. Easy to run reports and set up menu items. Easy for the staff to use

Cons: wish some things could be customized for the individual business

by POS Nation on 12/09/2019

We appreciate the feedback, Louis!

• Reviewed on 23/04/2019
Will J.
Computer Technology Analyst
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/03/2019

"Cash Register Express review"

Comments: No problems to date.

Pros: Customer Support was great, quick to respond, and knowledgeable.

Cons: Difficult to troubleshoot without tech support.

by POS Nation on 12/09/2019

We appreciate your review, Will!

• Reviewed on 25/03/2019
Emily A.
Wine & Spirits, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2019

"Wonderful Product & Amazing Service!"

Pros: The software is very easy to use and the tech support is extremely helpful with making sure that the setup process runs smoothly.

Cons: With any new software, learning the ins & outs can be frustrating. However, the software is very user friendly and their tech support is outstanding.

by POS Nation on 12/09/2019

Thank you for the review, Emily!

• Reviewed on 25/04/2019
Tabitha M.
Warehouse
Warehousing, 51-200 Employees

"Vantage"

Comments: Overall, good.

Pros: I like how simple it is to use this program.

Cons: I do not know how to use all the features yet.

by POS Nation on 16/12/2020

Tabitha,

We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your POS system so far. Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback with us. Please let us know if you need anything in the future!

Michelle S.
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2016

"Silver Bells conversion and upgrade."

Comments: This software company is so easy to work with. We have had two conversions with them over the years and they are completed timely and with much ease. We did have a few issues this time with the new credit card processing but it was a hardware issue not a software issue and they were very diligent in getting it resolved so there was minimal impact on our business. Previous to working direct with Cap Retail we went through a third party and we had so many problems. Once we started dealing with them direct we have been very happy. I would recommend this company to anyone.

• Reviewed on 11/05/2016
Diane B.
Farming, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/05/2019

"Positive thoughts about pos nation"

Pros: Functionality, simplicity of training, speed of use, great support staff.

Cons: A little bit of hardware changes needed.

by POS Nation on 12/09/2019

Thanks for the review, Diane!

• Reviewed on 24/05/2019
Mike M.
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2019

"Customer support is lacking"

Comments: Good as long as you don’t have an issue. Then you may get help you may not. Don’t leave a message they will not call you back and if they do the support you get is shoddy.

Pros: Price is decent, options are pretty good. Customer support is very lacking.

Cons: Software is pretty good. Customer service is very spotty and you get mixed information depending on who you talk to.

by POS Nation on 12/09/2019

Hi Mike, We're surprised by your issue with support but we truly appreciate your feedback. This helps us improve! Your customer care coordinator will reach out as soon as possible.

• Reviewed on 22/05/2019
Cindy E.
operations manager
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2016

"Easy for most, with little to no experience, to use."

Comments: It's all good!
Any thing that I have run across, that I have difficulty with, is corrected or explained in a professional and timely manner. I am then in turn able to teach my staff for quick and efficient customer service.

• Reviewed on 12/05/2016
Lorraine N.
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2020

"CAP for Grocery store"

Pros: The promised ability to use my existing hardware which was not possible with any other grocery specific POS program.

Cons: It was not specific to the grocery industry and is not flexible in changing to changing needs within the grocery industry. For example, when an additional tax was imposed for telecommunication cards this program did not have the ability to differentiate it which would be required in order for me to report taxes to the state. Also, my own personal, custom gift cards cannot be processed through the system nor can I scan and process Major gift cards through this program.

by POS Nation on 19/11/2020

Lorraine,

We are sorry to hear you have not had a good experience in regards to some areas within our software. Please give us a call at your earliest convenience so that we can assist you at 704-405-5089.

• Reviewed on 12/11/2020
Diana T.
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2020

"CAP is perfect for managing a retail shop with lots of product and customers"

Comments: For us, the inventory control is the most valuable. We have a bead shop with hundreds of small items that would be impossible to manage without CAP. We know what's selling, who is buying and when to reorder or put on sale to move out. We know what our overall financial position is constantly.

Pros: Back office is incredible - so nice to have access to everything that we do from purchasing, receiving, tagging, selling, reordering, customer history, discounts, special sales - I could go on forever. I can't imagine what more could be needed.

Cons: We started using CAP when we first set up our business over 20 years ago and have enjoyed the upgrades over the years. Now with the incredible support we are getting today it is wonderful. The program is sophisticated and with so many options it is so much easier to utilize more features with the new support available. I wish we had access to that years ago. I spent a lot of time with trial and error trying to utilize different features but now I can just pick up the phone and within a very short period of time, I've got my questions answered or problems solved!

by POS Nation on 16/12/2020

Diana,

POS Nation is lucky to have such great customers, like yourself. We cannot thank you enough for sharing your positive experience with our company! We are so happy to hear that you love the Back Office feature and the upgrades over the years. We are excited to continue working with you throughout the years to come!

Gordon L.
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2019

"Great system for the Money"

Comments: I have spent the most part of a year researching most if not all the different POS systems out there. Though there are other systems that would fit my business model, the down fall is a lot of them are cloud base. With the lack of internet available in Alaska I need a system that I could use without total reliance on the internet. POS Nation was the best application for my needs. I was able to purchase everything I needed to operate my business, I 'm currently operating two stations with a third acting as my storage and back up system that was purchased locally for that purpose. Take the time needed to properly setup this system, the data you can get form this software will greatly assist you in making decisions in maintaining and growing your business.

Pros: CRE is a good program for the kind of business that I run. I recently purchased a grocery/liquor store which has a RV park and small hotel that I have been able to manage through the software. It was a lot of work setting up inventory, and incorporating the RV/Hotel to make it work with the system but with due diligence and with the great support POS provides has made managing my business far easier then it would be without it.

Cons: ​I have had only minor issues with the hardware for example the key boards that are sent with the system are not worth the box that the were sent in had to replace them with in a month of receiving them. The keys stick and get stuck and not everything can be done efficiently through a touch screen. The back office program is a great program with good reportage, but working with purchase orders need some work. The creation of a PO doesn't work with real world situations. Once generated the can't be adjusted when faced with stock outs or quantity changes. So I don't us it to generate my orders with vendors, more so for receiving my orders.
Again these are just minor issues. Again the reportage you get form the system is very informative and allows you to efficiently manage your day to day, monthly and yearly reportage.

Carol E.
Bookstore Administrator
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2020

"Dependable software/Easy to Use"

Comments: We are very happy with the product. Otherwise, we wouldn't be such long-time customers. We can track sales hourly/daily/monthly/annually as well as by sales code. We can offer discounts to customers and track on type of discount given. Also, helps us keep track of inventory costs/turnover, sales taxes and much more.

Pros: Have been using the CAP POS system in our employees' store for 20 years +. Easy system for cashiers and administrator to learn and use. On the very few occasions that we've had issues, tech support was very responsive and fixed the problem on the first contact. No need for call backs.

Cons: Wish there was some way we could link it to our website so it could automatically track inventory on our online store and show items as sold out. Right now , we run reports daily and adjust manually. But Reports module is very easy to use and provides many different real-time reports with variables depending on info you are looking for.

by POS Nation on 15/12/2020

Carol,

Reviews like this really make our team proud. Thank you so much for your kind words, and for being a valued POS Nation customer for over 20 years! We are so happy to hear that our technical support team has been very responsive to fix any problem that you have had throughout the years. Again, thank you for your feedback and kind words.

Scott H.
partner/owner
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2020

"Review of Personnell"

Pros: The customer support team, in particular [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been awesome. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was fantastic with getting my problem solved as quickly as she did. I hope that she answers any future calls we need to make.

Cons: Inability to add surcharge for credit card/debit purchases. Our credit card processing is through Payment Depot/First Nashville and the need to go to a separate screen and hit another key, while our customer is waiting is cumbersome and not efficient, either time wise or financially. We have been told that this is due to us using First Nashville, but it is hard to believe that a processor of this size is not set up in your system for this to be handled. Please feel free to contact me for further response.

by POS Nation on 12/11/2020

Scott,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are happy to hear that our customer support team represented POS Nation well. In regards to your inability to add surcharge for credit card/debit purchases, we definitely can help you get this setup. Please give our technical support team a call at 704-405-5089 to get you the assistance needed. Thank you again for your review! We greatly appreciate you as a customer.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice