• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.2 /5
    4.4 /5

About Celoxis

The all-in-one solution with enterprise-class features, beautiful dashboards, powerful reports & tons of customizations.

Learn more about Celoxis

Makro P.
Civil Engineering, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2020

"This software could change your company"

Comments: We can fully recommend this software for project management, but be aware that this is only a tool. Company has to change it's mindset to project organization in order to implement it successfully.

Pros: As centralized server solution, this software enables us to plan, manage and control whole portfolio and every project individually. As comprehensive solution this software is used by our employees, management, associates and clients. Everybody can see state of their projects/tasks with one click on their mobile phones or computers.

Cons: Software could be better with improvements in cashflow department of the project. Also as project is set of activities performed by all Project participants, it could be helpful to implement Client tasks and other stakeholders tasks.

• Reviewed on 16/12/2020
Marc S.
Senior designer
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/07/2020

"Flexible software for project management and team efforts management"

Comments: The software could be very well adapted to our specific company structure and workflow (we manufacture soft goods in China). We could customize a large part of it so it would be matching exactly what we needed. Also it made it relatively easy to manage the many projects (between 30 and 50) with a team working in different locations.

Pros: Customizable screens (they call it widgets) that could be applied to teams/groups or individuals. It made everyone rather happy as they could make it their own.

Cons: We didn't use the any of the tools to tracks costs and financials, and it sometimes was creating confusion (we asked the Celoxis dev. team if we could fully remove this from our platform)

• Reviewed on 16/07/2020
Ryan K.
Research Engineer
Medical Devices, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/03/2017

"Great Project Management Tool"

Comments: We have used Celoxis for nearly 6 years and it has continued to be improved and polished. We use it for primarily for project management, time-tracking, expense tracking, and some of our workflow processes. Celoxis personnel have always been very good about helping through upgrades and other technical questions. While there is a little bit of a learning curve, I would highly recommend this tool as a lower cost, yet fuller featured product in comparison to Microsoft Project, which still seems to be tool of choice for most PM's.

Pros: Web based tool, Gantt Charting feature, custom workflow creation, scales well (we have a lot of projects in there).

Cons: Can be a little laggy at times (we host our own server, so that could be part of it). Interface changes have been confusing at times. For the custom workflows, it would be better to have a graphical representation (i.e. flowchart format).

Eduardo B.
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2019

"Lack of graphics"

Comments: Overall experience is good. It's a very useful tool with a lack of some subjects mentioned above.
Celoxis is being used every day as a way of track and control projects, it does the job.

Pros: Easy to keep control of a project, easy to personalise items and easy to share a project/information among the organisation.

Cons: The lack of graphics and reports options. Graphics and reports customisation is everything nowadays. Users should be capable to customise the projects reports and have the possibility to see project/status evolution within a time frame.
The graphics are limited as well, the way we show information sometimes is more important than the information itself. This subject should be also improved.
The way how we share the project with external users should be also improved: add external watchers and export the project Gantt. (It isn't possible to share project status, for example).

• Reviewed on 09/10/2019
Hemant T.
Team Lead Project Management
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2020

"Software reveiw"

Comments: we use Celoxis to manage multiple projects. our accounting team use this for service billing and its very easy to use and integrated with our accounting system

Pros: Product is very easy to use and it get integrated with other tools that we use (Salesforce, Zendask etc…)

Cons: Time logging and resource planning is not automated.

• Reviewed on 19/08/2020
Misha M.
  • Reviewed on 07/04/2017

"Project Management, Performance and Reporting!"

Comments: here are many great things about Celoxis, but to me the following stand out above all

1) Thorough replication of MS Project functionality.
Most competitors take simplistic approach to project plans, but for us this was not an option as out project plans initiated in MS Project are extremely detailed. The fact that Celoxis handles all the data and does it with ease was the number one reason we chose this tool.

2) Performance
Our largest project Plan to date has 5000 lines - more than enough to make other tools choke. Not so with Celoxis. Performance is adequate, and they improve it from version to version. In the beginning I was concerned that the project managers will be slowed down when working with Celoxis project plans, comparing to their workflow in MS Project, but all these concerns disappeared very quickly. This is a very fast tool indeed; especially considering all the data it crunches.

3) Reporting
No surprise there as anyone who tries Celoxis comments on its Reporting capabilities. These are second to none. Essentially - almost everything in Celoxis is a report, and you can include in these reports any objects that exist in the system - users, clients, projects, tasks, documents, discussions, assignments, and the multiple attributes of those objects. All reports are sortable, filterable, and configurable for the personalized view. Charts are interactive. Object names are clickable, allowing for the quick access of any object listed in the report.

Note on the performance:
I have to add that the latest version v10.5 was the first one since I started using the system where performance went down. It is still good, but more of our project managers started noticing the lag when they use large project plans. Now, unless you have a super fast machine that can handle heavy client-side javascript with ease, you may have issues. I sincerely hope that this is going to be addressed in the future versions, and that the system will keep improving, as it was before v10.5. Truly, when performance lags, no awesome features can make up for its absence.

• Reviewed on 07/04/2017
Erin H.
IT Director
Information Technology & Services
    4.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2015

"Celoxis saved us a ton of time and helped us be more productive!!"

Pros: Celoxis saves us a ton of time. It gives us an easy way to report information and helps us make better decisions about the projects and their budgets. Prior to using Celoxis, our reporting was a manual and time-consuming process. Reporting required our managers to explicitly reach out to team members and other stakeholders, gather information, then document it. There was no timely communication and we’ve had to always scramble to meet our ‘go-live’ schedules. Now that everything is standardized and real-time, our managers are easily on top of open issues and can see when projects risk slippage. We can create KPI reports and dashboards for our management to keep them up to-date on the progress.

Cons: Their salesperson was a little slow to respond initially, but he was able to help me with a demo of the product and answer some of my initial queries about pricing and licensing. I felt the initial connect for a vendor was somehow missing, but with a fantastic tool that helped us achieve where we are today, I am certainly willing to discount that part for now.

• Reviewed on 14/07/2015
Venugopal V.
Manager - Professional Services & Implementation
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2020

"Feature Rich Project Management Solution"

Pros: It kind of ticks all the boxes for me - a simple project and resource tracking tool, easy allocations, financial features covers all angles, salesforce Integration, optional virtual users and client access. The tool is very customisable. It has feature to track projects separately for each group/department with needed resource overlaps. I also liked the access controls and options to switch off unwanted or unused features. They have a well structured and self explainatory knowledgebase, responsive and prompt support staff.

Cons: There are not much cons to talk about. My only recommendation will be to keep working on more app integrations.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2020
Susan G.
QA manager
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2017

"Am loving Celoxis"

Comments: Have had a very positive experience with Celoxis although I am not too sure the notification feature works correctly. I cannot rely on it so I must go in and check to ensure nothing has changed. Also we customized one of the screens and needed to use the notification feature, but are unable to do so. Other than that - this tool is AMAZING!!

Pros: Easily locate what you are looking for. Easily identify estimated/actual hours...I am not a project manager and do not use it to its fullest, but what I do use, I find it very user friendly and quite frankly not sure how we managed without Celoxis.

Cons: As previously mentioned, the notification features does not work as it should

• Reviewed on 10/04/2017
Solutions Coach / Project Manager
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2016

"Celoxis Review from Project Manager"

Comments: Our software development shop switched to Celoxis a few years ago and haven't looked back. It's ease of use for time entry has proven to make for much more accurate and timely time entries, and the project/time/task/resource reporting features are top notch. As a project manager, I used to spend hours and hours trying to get various views of project data, and Celoxis makes that much easier. Another feature that I feel sets it apart from other platforms, is the ability for me to create my own personal Dashboard where I can customize it to show the views and tasks that are important to me.

Pros: Customizable dashboard, Ease of time Entry, Great reporting features/graph views

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2016
Tim S.
Director of Project Management
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2017

"A Must Have"

Comments: We began using Celoxis for our Project Management Team in 2015. The team immediately feel in love with Celoxis and recognized it as great tool to help them manage their projects and resources. Since then our Sales, Production, and Accounting teams have become users. The Production Team utilizes it for forecasting and production status while the accounting team uses it for progress and final billings. Celoxis has proved itself to be a viable tool for us through out our process.

Pros: Ease of Use, Exporting capabilities, Reports

Cons: Need a better Mobile App

• Reviewed on 29/03/2017
James J.
Technical Associate
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2019

"My 2018 Celoxis experience"

Comments: I get to log all my the work that I've done for the day very efficiently using Celoxis. I can easily check the status of the projects assigned to me; if I'm on track or I'm behind.

Pros: I love how Celoxis is designed. It's very intuitive and has all the features I needed to be productive with work. I can very easily input everyday time entries and check project statuses.

Cons: Sometimes it gets very slow but it's not much of a deal for me.

• Reviewed on 11/01/2019
Jon A.
Designer and Knowledge Builder
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/06/2017

"Easy to use and feature rich project management software that you'll love"

Comments: If you're looking for software that hits the sweet spot for robust features, ease of use, and price, you cannot do better than Celoxis!

Pros: --Ease of use: When I first signed up, I was able to create two projects completely from scratch in under two hours.
--Tech support is responsive: I noticed a feature that wasn't working the way I thought it should. I reached out to tech support who showed me another way to make the changes I need AND he referred my concern to the Engineering Team. Within 2 days they had made the change.
--Features: Celoxis really shines when it comes to the project management features it offers. I love the interactive Gantt charts, the ease of making changes, and the ability to track budgets without information overload.

Cons: --The only downside is the lack of robust integration with Quickbooks online. While it does send invoices to QB, you can't synch other information.

• Reviewed on 15/06/2017
Ed S.
Financial Lead
Information Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/03/2017

"Celoxis at a small consulting firm."

Comments: Very good system for imputting, analysis and the basis for billing. Would like to find a way to tap into the database.

Pros: On line. Good basic system with basic menu driven reports.

Cons: Like to dive into the data tables and create other reports and utilities.

Manufacturing Engineer
Medical Devices, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/09/2018

"Celoxis helps gain control of project parametrics"

Comments: Celoxis provides a very user friendly interface for allowing project participants to give accurate data. It also gives good group access to project plans, tasks, and milestones.

Pros: Ease of use for people to provide details of their actions and problems.

Cons: It would be good to import and export to MS Project for other corporate activities that are MS based.

• Reviewed on 27/09/2018
Mark L.
CFO and Director of Operations
Research, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/03/2017

"The Water Institute's Project Management System"

Comments: We are a private nonprofit billable organization that uses Celoxis as our project management and billable time tracking system. It is a very inexpensive functional system that works well for our needs.

Jerry C.
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/03/2018

"Great value PM software"

Pros: The software streamline the daily project managing work, and saved hundreds of hours of redundant works over the year.

Cons: Need more interaction with other software like emails and scheduling, accounting, but some of ours are compatible.

• Reviewed on 08/03/2018
Joel E.
software developer
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2019

"Celoxis is good"

Comments: It's been good. I don't see much of a point in using special software to keep track of time.

Pros: I like how simple it is to click the add button and add in my time.

Cons: I don't like the color scheme or the page layout.

• Reviewed on 14/11/2019
Joseph D.
Marketing
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2019

"Not the most user friendly"

Comments: Takes a lot of time to record progress and to set up tasks. We have to log time for setting up Celoxis tasks as it eats into billable hours.

Pros: You can track the percentage of progress with your project.

Cons: For projects its difficult to see how much time has been recorded over a period of time. It is not straight forward to set up a task .
It is trying to be everything but master of nothing.

Josee D.
Vice President
Market Research, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/09/2018

"An app would be appreciated"

Comments: We are using Celoxis to manage project timelines, timesheets, and budgets.

Pros: It is comprehensive, it definitely has potential but it needs to evolve more quickly. It feels clunky and outdated. It is not very visually appealing. It is so cumbersome to enter time sheets. Everyone hates doing their time sheets to begin with, it needs to be easy and fast to do.

Cons: It is too complicated to do things quickly, when you enter time in the mobile version, it does not list the entries by project name, it lists them by task which is not helpful. I would like to see an app that has alerts to remind me to fill in my time sheets, machine learning / AI that knows better anticipates my needs, and communicates with me like an assistant. I would like to be able to enter my time sheets with voice command. I would like to produce project reports more easily, get warning pushed to me when I am over budget, etc.

• Reviewed on 21/09/2018
Sofía P.
Operations Director
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/01/2021

"First 4 months using CELOXIS"

Comments: a bit soon for that since ive been using it for a few months.

Pros: Interface and visuals.
Quick support - both 180 days with online chat and now that i've submitting tickets for w few days, quick and clear responses.

Cons: Dashboards and editing tables are not that easy to use.
When planning, time/effort assigned to a resources has decimals and also it is not obvious to choose between manual and automatic scheduling mode.
Translation from english to spanish is quite poor.

• Reviewed on 28/01/2021
Shrikant O.
Automotive, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/04/2017

"Reliable online PM software"

Comments: We have been using this for @ 10 years now - it started off as a fairly inexpensive, but useful tool. Over the years - the costs have escalated dramatically - but features and functionality have not kept pace. Still - very reliable, but a little clunky IMHO, and now - not exactly cheap.

Pros: Reliable

Cons: Clunky user interface
Limited scripting abilities
Costs have increased significantly over the past few years - without a corresponding improvement in quality / functionality.

• Reviewed on 03/04/2017
Molly M.
Publishing, 11-50 Employees

"Project Manager"

Comments: Overall it's great for our small company. It's a great way to track projects/progress and give our admin's an insight into our workload without directly reporting to them.

Pros: I need this software daily it, helps me and my team track our progress.

Cons: We sometimes have trouble with glitches, like things being scheduled on days we have declared holidays, etc.

Elizabeth C.
Biotechnology, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2020

"Great so far!"

Pros: Celoxis is easy to use. I've used many other project management software programs before and Celoxis satisfies all of the basic requirements. It has an easy to use interface and their support is great.

Cons: It could be a little difficult to find some items, for example eliminating people from Projects. Their support team is always very helpful in assisting with concerns.

• Reviewed on 07/12/2020
Commercial Real Estate Advisor
Commercial Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2019

"Slamdunk"

Pros: When I was searching for a few of the top CRMs a few years back Celoxis was still fairly new and it's features has only improved since then. It's simply awesome.

Cons: I would have to say that the cost factor is it for me.

• Reviewed on 16/02/2019