UKG Pro Reviews

4.2 (457) Write a Review!

About UKG Pro

At UKG, our purpose is people. Our love for all things HR and workforce management is matched only by our people-centered culture.

Learn more about UKG Pro

Pros:

The layout on the main dashboard is so easy to use and easy to understand. I've been able to find anything I need quickly and managing my benefits and payroll couldn't be easier.

Cons:

You can not configure the application for candidate experience. Terrible implementation and testing and deployment process.

UKG Pro ratings

4.0

7.8/10

UKG Pro has an overall rating of 4.2 out 5 stars based on 457 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used UKG Pro before?

Ashley
Ashley
HRIS Administrator in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1,000 Employees

What's not to love here?

Comments: I've been using UltiPro for nearly 8 years now and the service is amazing. I love the people and the tenure is long at this company. I like working with the same folks sometimes as we develop a friendship. They are open to feedback and are responsive and I really like how they take their time to help you understand your request is being met.

Pros:

I like the ease of use of the tool. It's user friendly and there's so much you can do in the software. UltiPro is always finding new ways of making their tool better and I love that part.

Cons:

What do I like least about this is that there's not an assigned payroll specialist to a company.. Even if the option is to pay extra per year to have one. If we have a payroll person who needs help or they resign and we are left payroll person-less, it would be nice to have a designated person to assist... Only other thing I didn't like the most is that the Performance Management module isn't as customizable as I'd like... would love the option to make all items editable and the option to remove/hide certain drop downs, etc..

Jessica
Jessica
Human Resources Business Partner in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 Employees

Love Ultipro- Only issue is reporting

Pros:

Ease of use, customer service, great company! I love everything about them! Staff really go above and beyond. Have great retention tools for ongoing customers. They continue to be open to customer feedback as well.

Cons:

Reporting. BI functionality is great for advanced users or companies with a designated HRIS team but if you are a small business (under 500), it can be difficult to simply get what you want quickly. Wish they had easy reporting (like SuccessFactors or ADP) and then BI for advanced users.

Helen
Billing Analyst in US
Oil & Energy, 501-1,000 Employees

Perfect solution for Payroll and Human Resources needs

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: UKG Pro is a perfect tool for all HR and payroll needs. It's easy & simple to use and navigate both for the employee as well as anybody working in the HR department.

Pros:

UKS PRO has so many features and has pretty much everything there that pertains to HR and payroll. It also makes it very simple for employees to understand and navigate.

Cons:

Only critique I have is that time employee time card punches should run from minute to minute and less rounding. However, it's not a big concern.

Janine
Director of Human Resources in US
Machinery, 201-500 Employees

Expensive Option with some benefits

3.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Allows for customization. Has great reporting capabilities.

Cons:

We tried to use UKG as the one place for HR. Unfortunately, several modules (recruiting, onboarding, performance management) are offered, but they all lack the functionality to make them add value to our organization. We dropped PM because it was so difficult to use. We are also looking at alternatives to ATS and Onboarding. I am not a fan of their support model. I really don't even know my CSR.

Chelsea
Director, HR in US
Biotechnology, 201-500 Employees

Over promise and under deliver

Comments: I expected better customer service, less limitation and a more seamless transition. We sent the employee demographic report to UKG and they left off multiple employees, messed up the ID#'s and etc. So be sure to double check their uploads. Their staff is either not properly trained or understaff based on the service we received from them. Note that once you've launched your module, you only have 30 days with your consultant before they ghost you. Once that time period lapses, you have to put in tickets to get any issue resolved. Even issues that were caused during the implementation by the consultant, they will not fix it.

Pros:

Great sales team. Some modules were easier to launch than others. Nice people. Definitely a software that is in demand so they have plenty of clients.

Cons:

As titled, probably the worst implementation I've ever rolled out. I've launched at least 3 different vendors in my career and never have I experienced such terrible customer service. Definitely not apart of UKG's goal. Wait time was obnoxiously long. We were told in [SENSITIVE CONTENT] that we could launch our Benefits module by [SENSITIVE CONTENT] We're in [SENITIVE CONTENT]and we've not launched all of our benefits module. Expect to add on 2-4 weeks to any wait time you have. Prepare to have multiple members on the employers side to help launch because you will have different UKG Consultants, Lead Integration, Account managers and etc. The initial calls you have with the consultants for the modules are a waste of time. They call just to introduce themselves and tell you how long the process is and then they schedule additional calls for implementation. I rather just skip to the implementation since you can also do the introduction during that call. You do not get fully trained on every module, they expect you to watch trainings or go to their UKG Community and see how other clients solve their questions/problems. So if you have a small team, steer clear from choosing UKG. Mobile app is very limited. This is also the ONLY way an employee can upload a photo. You cannot upload photos via the web, unless an Admin or HR uploads every employees photo. Mobile app is super archaic. The Time keeping system is in a different app called UKG READY but everything HR data is in the UKG Pro app.

Kat
QMHS in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Obsessed

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I love this software, I have used it at more than one workplace.

Pros:

This software allows you to manage you time sheet, request PTO, and manage your benefits. Its HR in a neat, easy to read software.

Cons:

I did not have any issues with this software.

account manager in Canada
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,000+ Employees

UKG Ulti pro - Simple and Easy Payroll management software

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: This product is up to date and runs flawlessly, I have been using UKG Ulti pro for over 4 years and I am have yet to come by any issues. it's just simple and it works!

Pros:

the easy of use is hands down bare to none, software is easily accessibly from anywhere and any device. We are able to access UKG to view our payroll, t4, ytd statements via website.

Cons:

this product is so simple and easy to use that I cannot think of any cons.

Adam
Special services in US
Environmental Services, 201-500 Employees

Ukg pro review

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I liked the fact that there are multiple uses for app.

Cons:

What I least like is the app seems glitchy and slow at times and I often have to restart it

Greg
Technician in US
Public Safety, 10,000+ Employees

UKG pro not very good

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall , UKG pro is a useful tool for tracking my work hours PTO and pay, but it does seem to have integration issues

Pros:

It is a very low feature system that does overwhelm the user with lots of information. The app allows me to stay up to date on my hours, PTO, and pay.

Cons:

I don't know if it's an integration issue, but I have noticed that the hours are not always correct in 5he app and requires me to contact management to determine if it is correct or not

Jake
Relationship Banker in US
Banking, 5,001-10,000 Employees

UKG Pro

Comments: overall its been a good experience there are definitely some things that I would fix but overall its a good tool to have.

Pros:

I like how I can use the mobile app to see a bunch of information that applies to me like PTO, Vacation requests, and the time clock

Cons:

The app is very buggy it works sometimes no problem and other times its like pulling teeth just to get the thing to start up

Jeannette
HRIS Administrator in US
Automotive, 201-500 Employees

AAA Human Resources Review of UKG Pro

Comments: I am very happy with this product. We have added several additional UKG modules to the core system and they all work well together.

Pros:

The SSO feature, all the modules and the core system work around single sign on. So no multiple signing in.

Cons:

The benefit side of the system needs more work. We do not have Benefit Prime. We are using what was provided in the core system.

Emily
HR Systems Coordinator in US
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees

Great HR Software from a Forward Thinking Company

Comments: We have realized some streamlined payroll business practices, and within Onboarding as well. The overall experience with this software and company have been very good, with some room for improvement. But there is no business out there without room for improvement :).

Pros:

The level of customization and the ability to create our own fields is highly valued. This is also an easy system to train new Admins on, and has a crisp and clean appearance.

Cons:

There are some improvements needed within UltiPro, especially in Time Management. There are things that we would like improved, but the nice thing about Ultimate Software is you can submit an Idea for an improvement and vote on other ideas. Ultimate takes these Ideas seriously, and rolls out improvements quarterly.

Megan
HR Supervisor in US
Medical Devices, 201-500 Employees

If you need a new HRIS system, UltiPro should be on your list!

Comments: We have been really happy with our experience with UltiPro. We are going on 3 years now and still are improving our processes as they continue to upgrade and make good improvements to their software. We appreciate working with our salesman, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] still even though he doesn't need to be part of the team he still stays in contact! The system is easy to use for all levels at the company and are pleased with the products they offer.

Pros:

There are a few good things I like about UltiPro. I like their reporting system and having a wide-range of reports available by a click and no need to recreate a new report. They also offer reports you never thought you would use, but after using it is a great tool and resource to have! The online customer success portal is a nice feature to help you find the answer you are looking for, but also having an option to create a case and have a representative look into your question and contact you via phone or email to resolve. The app is getting better and better and our employees utilize the app the most to have their information at their fingertips. It is difficult to break something in the software, but they offer a "sandbox" where you can test out the system or different products to test it out. They also offer a lot of workflow processes to where you set up the approvals for each item or activity that is changed on an employee profile or can set it up with no approvals and changes automatically.

Cons:

We are not big fans of the Learning Management Module they offer with their system. It is a 3rd party site and doesn't incorporate well with the Core side of the system. However it does work and is an option to stay within the UltiPro system. Just takes a little adjustment to get used to and work with other parties to import content.

Lee
HR Director in US
Education Management, 201-500 Employees

Review of UltiPro HRIS

Comments: UltiPro allowed us to eliminated many tedious and time-consuming processes, streamlining them that improved efficiency - Applicant Tracking, Onboarding, and Performance Management processes have all been greatly enhanced.

Pros:

The functionality of the system overall - how each module works with each other, and the fact that I can customize it to my needs myself as we change. The ease of use and training are outstanding!

Cons:

Not having the ability to have multiple company codes assigned to an employee who may be paid different rates in different company codes, but it does not impact a lot of employees and there is a work-around.

Jeanne
HR Manager in US
Publishing, 51-200 Employees

UltiPro is a great investment

Comments: We have had a favorable overall experience with UltiPro since going live in October 2016. The support team we have now is incredibly responsive to our requests and the functions in UltiPro have improved the quality of our internal processes. When there have been issues with support, etc. UltiPro has been very quick to resolve the issue. They take client feedback very seriously.

Pros:

Implementing UltiPro has allowed us to streamline many functions that were performed manually with paper documents. Internal staff transfers, promotions, salary changes, etc. are now handled within the UltiPro system (including approvals) where prior to that, paper forms had to be manually signed off by multiple managers before submitting them to HR for processing. Our benefit enrollment process has moved from an Excel enrollment form to an online enrollment that feeds directly into the payroll system once approved. A goal tracking system for employees has been created in UltiPro that allows employees/managers to create goals, rate them, track them with comments, and then show completion dates. Employees may now access their personnel record in UltiPro and make updates to home address, marital status, dependent/contact info, tax withholding as well as immediate access to W-2 forms and ACA forms. In addition, UltiPro offers an online PTO tracking system where employees can request time off and managers can immediately approve electronically. And, of course, what I like most is the amazing reporting capabilities that UltiPro offers. Besides the hundreds of standard reports already created, I can either edit/modify current reports or create my own report.

Cons:

This is rather minor, but there are functions I would like to create in UltiPro that I don't have access to do as an Administrator. I must submit them to UltiPro Support Team and some of the functions require an additional cost. It's not a lot, but it's just the principal.

Jamie
Helpdesk Specialist in US

Best HR site I have personally used

Comments: Allows me to view all my HR information all in one location.

Pros:

Been using this site now for our clocking in and out at work for 5+ years. Very easy to use. Site has never been down, always up and works. The site is speedy to navigate. Allows me to easily and quickly log in and out. Allows me to pick easily pick my insurance every year and has all the information I need on the site. Allows me to quickly get a brief overview how many sick/personal/vacation days I have and will earn. Can hop in and request days off very easily and then view a yearly calendar to see what I have already added in the future and the past. We also use this for our performance reviews. Not a fan of those but the site makes it work OK. Site times out at 30 minutes and it gives you a countdown before it gets there, so it makes it easy for me to see when to clock back in for lunch. I can also view my paycheck stubs here. It is very nice to have access to all of this in one location. I also hear it integrates with AD credentials but we have not implemented that. I have used other HR websites such as Kronos and this one is so much easier to use.

Cons:

Honestly I cannot think of anything negative to say about the website. I have never had a problem with it.

4 years ago

Hi Jamie, thank you so much for sharing with us. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying your experience. We hope you have a wonderful day!

Tiffany
HRIS Analyst in US
Mining & Metals, 1,001-5,000 Employees

UltiPro - Everyone Should Use It!

Comments: UltiPro has helped us integrate our 2000+ decentralized workforce into one HR system. We have a lot of HR users in our locations that are resistant to change, but we have been able to prove to them what Ulti can do for them and the time it can save. We use Ulti for HR, Payroll, Benefits, Open Enrollment/Life Events, Recruiting, Onboarding, Performance Management and Time and Attendance. It's great to have all of this in one system, with easily reportable data. As a decentralized workforce, we have many customizations. Ulti can handle all of them with ease. I truly can't say enough good things about the product, and the company.

Pros:

UltiPro by far has the best customer service and training I've experienced (I've used ADP, Ceridian and SilkRoad products in the past). The system is user friendly and intuitive and customizable to meet our needs. In addition, the company truly cares about customer feedback - and works to implement solutions quickly. It's an all around solid HR system, with many modules that integrate to give you some great functionality and workflow.

Cons:

I hate to truly list a "con" here as I know Ulti is constantly working to improve their products. I would say though that the Recruiting tool needs continuous ramping up to become a true competitive ATS system. It's working for us now, but we need more from it. The GREAT thing is that every month Ulti is rolling out new features and updates to this module. I'm confident they will continue to enhance this product and make it a great tool for us.

Nathan
Product Manager in US

UltiPro is the primary UI that I use to access all my personal work information.

Comments: I am able to keep track of my personal work information in one convenient software and mobile app. It allows me to view my payment history, my PTO statuses and many other things. I like being able to view all this information in one easy to use software.

Pros:

UltiPro is an easy to use Software that provides me with easy access to all work related information. The mobile application is great when I am on the go and need to get access to a quick piece of information. It allows me to view all my tax information as well as insurance information. It allows me to export W2 and W4 information when doing my taxes and does so in an easy way.

Cons:

I would say the biggest Con for the software is the mobile app does have some missing features of that compared to the PC software. On the mobile app I am not able to access some features that normally I would be able to. Other than that I do not have many Cons for this software if anymore at all.

4 years ago

Hi Nathan, thank you for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying our Mobile App! I cannot wait to share your insights with the Mobile App team - they will be thrilled! If you don't mind, would you be willing to share your mobile experience on the Mobile App Store of your choice? Further, I did see you your request for more Mobile-specific features. I just wanted to let you know that Mobile App features are determined by an organization's HR department. It's possible there are features available that you may not have access to. If there are any specific features of interest, feel free to let your HR team know! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. We value your insights and hope to continue providing you with a great experience. Have a wonderful day!

Erin
Director of HR in US
Law Practice, 201-500 Employees

Reliable but missing some of the basics

Pros:

The up-time is great. Wish we had more active notification when things are down. Notifications go out a few hours after they start and usually after I've called in and been told it's a known issue.

Cons:

Some ease of use items don't exist or we've been waiting a few years since they were suggested in the share ideas portal. As a couple of examples: -A basic copy of open enrollment or life event set up was suggested at least 3 years ago. It was added to benefits prime, but not regular benefits. That's a basic feature that all of your competitors offer. -The ability to change an email address for a new employee in onboarding has been request for multiple years as well. It still hasn't been delivered.

Anita
HR Specialist in US
Restaurants, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Review

Comments: Overall, am satisfied.

Pros:

Visual appeal Rapid Response is available to assist 24/7! Highly customizable

Cons:

Quality of troubleshooting depends on the person you get first on Rapid Response or your Rollout Team, so 50% of the time, it's great, and 50% of the time it's sub-par. There is a lot that needs to be developed in the Onboarding and Recruiting Gateways. Some simple things are not available, or work in a strange way (i.e. the way someone needs to submit a background check).

Peggy
Benefits Specialist in US
Medical Practice, 1,001-5,000 Employees

The Ultimate Software

Comments: I have started this year to use the PPACA system which is great! It reduces the manual work involved when the system does it for you. Benefits are great. Looking forward some day to upgrading that to your Prime Benefits. Your Open Enrollment looks cleaner in Prime Benefits.

Pros:

This software is people-friendly, all inclusive for processes in our departments. The Support is awesome and timely. The education is outstanding with individual one-on-one, webinars, videos and updates. Communication on what's happening at Ultimate Software, what's new, updates, is ever on spot.

Cons:

I'm still working on understanding the Business Intelligence. It seems complicated.

Melissa
Sr. Generalist in US
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees

Ultipro Review

Comments: We've had some issues with time and attendance but overall it is doing what we need it to do: employee self service, payroll, benefits admin

Pros:

We were handheld during the implementation which was great. Compared to our previous system (zuman) there is much for functionality but there are still things UltiPro doesn't have that we need.

Cons:

It doesn't have a fully functioning org chart that's printable (where you can see the entire organization, not just by each manager)

HR Generalist in US
Architecture & Planning, 201-500 Employees

Wonderful, comprehensive system for all of your HR needs

Comments: Efficiency and tracking personnel changes

Pros:

Ultipro has the type of versatility and customization features needed for small and large companies alike. It's highly customizable so that you can use it for all of your HRIS needs. What I like most about Ultipro is the integration across multiple facets. Your employees' files are stored electronically and the permissions you give the employees allow you to use the system to track and approve changes to position, title, pay, benefits and employees can change their address and names, all electronically.

Cons:

Ultipro's customer service is probably the worst feature as getting anything changed or having to troubleshoot issues can take more time than you have, especially within a large corporation.

4 years ago

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear you enjoy our unified HCM. I do see you have some concerns and just wanted to let you know I have shared them with the team to help us improve. If you have any additional insights you would like to provide, feel free to reach out to [email protected] I hope you have a wonderful day!

Recreation Coordinator in US
Government Administration, 201-500 Employees

So much capability, so hard to navigate!

Comments: Overall, if you are only looking for basic information as an employee its easy; find paychecks, find personal info, etc. As a long-term solution, unless you do a great job of training and modifying the tools and menus, its easy to get lost; both because of the interface is not clean and it has too many options.

Pros:

Ultipro has a ton of options of what is available to you; I've seen it now in two different companies. In both scenarios, the capabilities of the software were not utilized to their fullest extent. It looks as if Ultipro can do far more than either used it for. The load times and menus for initially finding information are fast to navigate. Information on different pages is presented clear as well. PDFs and other files generated by the system load fast.

Cons:

The presentation of the material, menus, hotlinks, etc. is unwieldy and jumbled. It is hard to sort through all of the pages past initial launch ones. Drop down menus, if you move your mouse off of them, disappear; in 2019 that doesn't make sense. The ease of use is definitely missing. As mentioned, too, I've seen it in two scenarios, one with a company of 2000+ and one with around 200 employees. All of the features are not used and yet you can still open up menus and pages that do not have relevant information; if thats the system, it needs to be fixed, if its the user/moderator of the business, they need to be encouraged to get rid of it from the systems administrator from Ultipro. Just not an easy and clean tool to use. The Time Clock tool as an employee is very difficult to use, too; multiple pages/clicks to get to basic information is overkill. Even then, it has a very mid-range power user feel to it... if you don't know what you're doing you may break it!

Natalie
Sr HRMS Analyst in US
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees

Fantastic all-in-one software

Comments: We have reduced paper and gained many efficiencies from reducing manual processes, overall.

Pros:

User friendly, customer support, learning resources

Cons:

The compensation module is clunky and so is the time management. We have work arounds but sometimes there is more work involved since they cannot be fully configured to what we need.