Filter by:

• Overall

About Buildium

Buildium is a top-rated cloud-based property management software best suited for residential properties and associations.

Learn more about Buildium

Showing 1,666 reviews

Keenan C.
Keenan C.
Accountant
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2021

"The Best PM Software Solution"

Comments: We have enlarged our client base with Buildium's features thanks to their focus on speed and accuracy with payments, reporting, and accounting ease.

Pros: Online payments are a game-changer.
Owner/tenant/HOA access allows each respective person the ability to view important reports and property status in real-time.
The property database is completely searchable from anywhere on the site.

Cons: The task feature is a bit wanting. It's good for what it is, but dedicated project management or to-do list applications work just as well or better in most cases.

• Reviewed on 07/06/2021
Elaine L.
  • Reviewed on 29/06/2021

"Buildium, it works great!"

Comments: Set up is fast and that was important because you can't just stop running the business to take the time to set up a software system. It simplified my bookkeeping to such an extent that I now have considerably more time to devote to the business.

Pros: It only took me 2 days part-time to lean how to use this software. While I normally really LOVE a printed User Manual (I'm old-school), the online Help available is very extensive and showed me what to do in every situation, so far. Setting up Properties, Owners, Leases and Tenants is remarkably simple and almost intuitive. Nicely done.

Cons: When I get the message (all the time) that says that an entry cannot be changed, I have to go to the original bill, deposit, etc. There needs to be a button that takes me there directly without having to go hunt for it.

Kimberly D.
Lead Property and Office Manager
  • Reviewed on 12/06/2020

"Definitely Worth a Try"

Comments: Overall, I think Buildium is a good company and I think they are struggling with the fast growth process, as many companies do. The cost of their program is less than Appfolio and the folks that work for them are better at helping out with issues. I found Appfolio's phone support to be mostly snarky know-it-alls and patronizing 20-somethings with an attitude who seemed to be bothered by my questions . Buildium support has never come across that way.

Pros: The set up process and assistance in doing it was quite seamless. The ongoing support is there if you need it and the tutorials, although not great or always up to date, do help you figure things out without having to call in.

Cons: The close-out of a tenant can be awkward and not intuitive. The return of security deposits with interest and charging of fees is clunky. Also, when a lease runs out, the system doesn't roll them over to month-to-month. It simply just closes out the lease on line and makes it look like the tenant doesn't live there anymore or owe any rent. This is both frustrating and stressful because if a tenant owes money and decides not to declare that, they could potentially get away without paying rent. There needs to be a change in the rollover of the leases in the system so we don't miss collecting rent.

• Reviewed on 12/06/2020
Neil G.
Landlord
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2020

"Best accounting program for rental property income and expenditure"

Comments: With Buildium, all my income and expenditure information, receipts and invoices plus lease agreements etc are all stored in the one place. At tax time, printing out reports for my tax agent is simple and quick.

Pros: Easy to use and can cope with multiple properties.
Reports can be generated for variations in financial year reporting of different counties.
You can set up recurring bills so they appear on your list of things to do which reminds you and you don't have to re-enter all the data each time you have a bill to pay.

Cons: This is an American based program and for American users, it offers the ability to pay bills direct from your bank account etc. For me in Australia, this facility is unavailable.

• Reviewed on 21/03/2020
Erin V.
Erin V.
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2019

"Jump on the property management software train with Buildium!!"

Comments: The benefits of utilizing Buildium for home construction companies are too many to list here. From management being able to see the project all at once and not have to look in different sections. Subcontractors being able to log their hours per project tasks for easy invoicing. Owners with the ability to go on and see how the construction is going, choosing selections, and keeping in contact with management. For bookkeepers the easy integration of Xero and Quickbooks online is fantastic. If you haven't tried Buildium and are looking for a superb property management software, sign up for their free trial and take it for a test drive.

Pros: There are several items within Buildium that by far surpassed other property management companies. The ability to upload subcontractor paperwork and have all the information in one place securely online with reminders set up when expirations or missing information is needed. The ability for everyone with accounts set up to communicate, check on tasks, and proposals all in one place for easy referral. One of the easiest implementations and setups for property management software. But the absolute best thing about Buildium for me anyways is that you can list as much information from sales, tasks, proposals, selections, etc. I truly believe that all companies need to keep as much information as possible on file and with Buildium you can put as much information as you need, place tags for easy reporting, and this information is for authorized users to see. To me, you can never have too much information and it makes is so much easier if you have a person leave and the new hire to move it and look at the information to be brought up to date.

Cons: When I first started working with Buildium I wished that there had been a step by step workflow check sheet because at times I had to go and research if I was entering the data correctly. But that was quickly solved while speaking with Buidium's excellent customer support team members.
Finally, I would recommend a Buildium forum where all users can go on and if they have questions can post it to the forum as another user may have had the same problem.

• Reviewed on 17/09/2019
Betsy F.
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2019

"With just a few tweaks.. this would be an amazing piece of software."

Comments: Good - pretty responsive to every annoying call I make and I tend to be somewhat tenacious. thanks!

Pros: Tenant tracking, tenant ledger, and reporting of tenant payments. The tenant log on ease and the on line payment process. So for managing tenants - awesome! The features for managing the vendors for repairs - awesome! Love the bulk charges feature.. well designed and functional!

Cons: Some of the interface features.. like when entering a charge.. I always have to scroll to save it... little annoyance.. but why? .. Tighten the window. Allow tabbing and the enter key to move through the screen. I don't want to touch my mouse!
The big frustration is that I can't write a tenant security deposit refund check to multiple tenants - it is by law that all tenants be on the refund check - yes I have figured out workarounds - but it is silly. I now just physically write them on the finished check. It looks stupid - but I don't have time to do my workaround. Fix that! In addition, take a look at the " final report" for the tenant on their none of the important information is visible... (Call me - I can help you!)
The really big thing that would be nice is already programmed with your bulk charges feature.. I want to be able to "Bulk distribute checks to a list of investors" What that means is -I have my list of investors and instead of putting charges on a ledger - put a check entry onto the bank ledger so I could print checks and send them. Using all of the features of the bulk charges - except.. bulk payment. ( We have investors for each building - we pay them dividends several times a year -- same percentage, same names ... but I have to manually enter them. YOU CAN DO IT... I would be so happy!!!!!!!

• Reviewed on 01/02/2019
Paul G.
Property manager

"Buildium features review"

Comments: Buildium allows our rental department to stay organized and provides easy and efficient access to data information. I could not imagine doing my daily tasks without Buildium.

Pros: The general format of the total program is good and maybe better than other programs used in the past. I really like the latest update of the status button for work orders

Cons: I do not like that Buildium doesn't have a feature where multiple windows with in Buildium can be open at the same time. (if it exists, forgive me for not knowing how to use it)
I do not like that Buildium doesn't have a back button feature, especially in the tasks and work order screens.
I do not like that Buildium will allow a partial online payment to be received. It should not receive a tenant online payment unless the full balance is being paid. This is a problem when tenants owe for late fees or maybe a repair expense.
I would like to have the auto email option to send a work order to a owner even if the vendor has no email. It only gives that choice if the vendor has an email set up in the system. Some of our vendors receive work orders by phone or text or in person but the owner still needs to know what work is being done.
It might be a nice feature for Buildium to store invoices in the system once a work order is completed. Not just the picture attachment spot within tasks and work orders. it it were a data base maybe or at least folders to store scanned copies.
The work orders feature to add in the vendor parts and labors costs and description still seems cumbersome especially when dollar amounts are entered and then the book keep tries to pay bills. It may be we need Builduim training in this area. it should be a really useful feature. Sometimes Buildium seems to add double charges under tenants ledger info. Every now and then a random double charge pops up.

by Buildium on 25/02/2019

Hi Paul,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We've passed your feedback on directly to our product team. We are currently working on updates to maintenance and work orders, stay tuned!

Monique D.
Community Association Manager
  • Reviewed on 24/08/2018

"The Cadillac of HOA/Condo/Property Management"

Comments: I have searched far and wide and Buildium is the best available for HOA/property management. I use it for all my monthly paying accounts, and find that the professional statements which are easily generated make managing the finances uncomplicated. Overall, Buildium is super customer friendly and has always met my expectations in the five years that I have been with them.

Pros: This software is mandatory if you have monthly payments for properties. It accepts EFT/Debit/Credit Cards and has a very user friendly approach to keeping financial records on individual homeowners in perfect shape. They also allow easy access for homeowners to both their own account and payments, and to governing documents, minutes, etc at any time. Imputing the payments and checks etc is easy and personalizing the accounting categories to fit your business is a snap. It pulls up a roster of homeowners and when someone moves out, changing out the account name takes seconds instead of laborious work in other spreadsheets etc. The to-do tasks list is very helpful for sharing among a busy office. In a Buildium vs spreadsheet choice, I would pick Buildium every time for accuracy, professionalism and most importantly ease of use. I pull down a list and print up invoices from many time periods, and to email the late invoices, is simply a matter of 2 seconds to pull up the right file and hit the correct button.

Cons: The non-bending method of making payments - where they require the vendor to log in and invoice directly vs just allowing me to make quick payments to say the lawn guy or other vendors who wouldn't know a computer if it smacked them in the face. I do not use this portion of the software. I have also asked them repeatedly to sell a 'lite' version of the subscription. One where they charge less for seasonal payments. I have several HOAs that only pay once a year, and can't use Buildium because it is cost prohibitive to have an account open for 12 months that only has one payment per year. They need to have a Florida/AZ/Seasonal version at a lower rate that has limited payments.

by Buildium on 27/08/2018

Hi Monique,

Thank you so much for your review! We're so thrilled we've been able to help meet a lot of your management needs over the past 5 years. We've made a note of your feedback regarding vendor payments and Buildium "Lite", and will pass it along to our product team!

Kelvin H.
Real Estate
  • Reviewed on 25/03/2014

"Pretty good software for our small property company"

Pros: The software is easy to use across multiple platforms; I can use it from my smartphone, tablet, or from a PC with an internet connection. It has lots of useful features. As a six-property small company, we only use a few of the features so far. We started using it for the accounting. But there is more; I especially like the applicant tracking feature which we used for the first time in the past month. It happened to be integrated with a product we actually already used for credit/background checks. I was able to send a prospective tenant a link to the website Buildium produces for you where the tenant could complete the application online. I then sent links for the SmartMove credit/background check to the prospect. It all fed back into Buildium and even notified the prospects of our decision by email. There is also a way to post new listings online with Zillow, Trulia, etc. from within Buildium. As we were already set up for another method, I have not used it yet but will likely try on the next property we have available. It allows you to add property pictures, property descriptions and leasing information that would save time on properties with higher turnover. There is a built-in website-making function that has a lot of potential to set your tenants up with accounting and other information online. There is a method for setting up payments online too, but it's tied into just one vendor. As I don't want to give up any percentage of the rent we receive to a credit card company, I'm not using that one myself. I'm not sure if you could use other vendors for online payments. I do plan on setting up my tenants online so they can see the payments we have posted for them and their lease information. They will also be able to request maintenance items online, too, which would be helpful in our tracking of such items.

Cons: There is a learning curve to figuring out how to effectively use the software. Also, there are some things it won't do without a workaround from an accounting standpoint. We have mortgages on some property which takes a workaround to account for properly. Also, the payment method assumes you cut a check or use their EFT system. In reality, we usually use a credit card and pay off that bill. But we have to account for it by pretending that we cut a check. Not a dealbreaker, but it takes some work sometimes to figure out the workaround for a given situation. The Help function is useful, and I am sure contacting the company would work too (although we have not needed to contact them for questions so far).

• Reviewed on 25/03/2014
Bill H.
Tresurer
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2021

"Treasurer"

Pros: We are almost there after 18 months . The balance sheet needs to have the ability to make subtotal similarly to the P&L and other reports. I use to do software support and beta testing. this is a benign request in that if you put it in, those that don't need it can ignore it and those that need it would have it. I am surprised this hasn't been asked for before now. Reasoning: Now my office manager has to convert data to excel data sheet and has to MANUALLY to the subtotal. This is very dangerous. We do sub totals of all operating accounts and than subtotal for all reserve monies and they must match. I would like your software to produce a clean Balance sheet.

Cons: this is all second hand but : downtime has been having spikes. Follow up after property manager submits a problem. I feel that when she sends you an issue, it should open a work ticket in our system and in yours as well.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2021
Angelica T.
Broker
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2019

"Great job at making the relationships between tenants and owners"

Comments: Buildium has freed up a lot of time during the application process, the manual rent payment processing (thanks to ePay), and allows me to store relevant documents (leases, copies of repairs) online and accessible at any time.

Pros: I like that I can upload and save data that I need while out of the office, and have current information at my fingertips as this is an online based system. No need to run back to the office and dig through a filing cabinet. I love it when tenants pay online and Owners sign up for direct deposit, ePay is a must!

Cons: I do not like that I don't get a warning message if I attempt to double charge a management fee for the same period.

by Buildium on 21/08/2019

Hi Angelica,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We will take your feedback around a warning for management fees back to our product team.

All the best,

• Reviewed on 19/08/2019
Anna H.
Sr. Property Manager/Realtor
  • Reviewed on 29/06/2021

"Affordable, solution oriented PM"

Comments: Excellent.. great product, user friendly, easy set up, reliable and convenient! Great for any size business!

Pros: Easy and use friendly! The online payment system and space to store lease, pm agreements, insurance docs, bills, etc makes this the best source for our managers, landlords and tenants!!

Cons: The online work order and maintenance features are not the best. Having this all in one place for tenants to post can cause misunderstandings and gives tenants a place to complain before discussion with manager to resolve the issues.

Dominic R.
designated Managing Broker
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2021

"Buildium"

Comments: It helped us develop a better understanding, and methodology for communicating with tenants, the "tenant portal" has been a blessing during the Pandemic. Payment, work orders, emails, etc are very easy. Our techs can look into messages while they are out and about and get to solve complaints faster.

Pros: Buildium was designed for a smaller management company. It was easy to "fit" into what we do, the technical assistance was excellent.

Cons: I was surprised that they could not download from my prior server and deposit it into there software. It all had to be entered physically. Taking alot of time after hours.
I cannot be adapted to our particular methods, used. We had to change some things to be consistent with there program. i.e. not accepting partial payments.

• Reviewed on 29/04/2021
Nolin M.
  • Reviewed on 14/06/2020

"na"

Comments: overall we are happy with buildium and looking to grow because of it. i have expressed my concerns for the above a few times. thanks again

Pros: buttons and organization is very easy. there is so many options to use. the customer service is top notch. it allows us to be online for everything

Cons: Being canadian makes it hard for us to budget due to the dollar. i really wish we could operate or pay for buildium with the canadian dollar, or having a canadian platform. we miss some features because of being canadian. i think if you could offer canadian dollar platforms buildium could really grow fast here.
The other part would be nice if money received by tenants could be immediately collected like an interac etransfer. the fact that it takes a certain amount of days before the money comes out and cant be reversed is a bit nervous for us. we were used to immediate collection and now we have to create new policies to wait. we have been caught paying an owner only to have a rent reversed.
The last issue would be how tenants pay and it all gets pooled into one account. so if a security deposit is paid it pools into the main rental account and then we have to transfer the money and make note of that. i dont understand why we cant have two accounts so when tenants pay security deposit it can go directly into my security deposit account and when they pay rent it goes into a rental account.

• Reviewed on 14/06/2020
Matt M.
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2021

"After years or Excel, took the leap to Buildium"

Comments: I LOVE Buildium. I switched from various Excel spreadsheets to Buildium in 2019 and could never go back. Every year I delve further into the features, yet I’m still only using about 30% of what the system can do. I have a good handle on collections (both rentals and associations), bill payments, accounting/reporting, but I haven’t even started to use the leasing/screening features, communications, work order/maintenance tracking functions. This is a very powerful platform and is the backbone of my business.

Pros: Web based platform, great ability to scale, fairly intuitive for initial set up, US based customer service, extensive self-help/learning library.

Cons: A bit intimidating for smaller landlords/property managers. There is so much this platform can do, it is a bit overwhelming. Start with the basics and them expand use of features from there.

• Reviewed on 30/04/2021
Melissa K.
Tenant Relations
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2021

"Love a product that can keep everything in one place"

Comments: Overall, this system saves so much time on keeping our rentals organized and processing payments effortlessly and automated. We love that we don't have to be the ones continually on our tenants to take care of payments or requests, the system will do the dirty work for us. The texting feature has also been so great. We love that our company can stay professional and we can effortlessly communicate with our tenants without them having our personal information.

Pros: I love that everyone connected to the homes being rented can communicate all in one place and stay informed. It is so helpful to have all documents organized by rental property, manage accounting for each property and keep track of needs as they pop up all together. I'm a huge fan of using applications like these to help streamline tasks, and Buildium does a great job for the rental property sector.

Cons: It is frustrating that email communication can not be streamlined through this software. You can send an email out to a tenant, but they are not able to reply to the email through this method. OR if you want them to reply the email now comes from your personal email address as then communication afterwards is not recorded in Buildium. This is unprofessional and deters our company from using Buildium at all for email communication. I'd prefer to keep it all internal so we can track it better.
The accounting is also a little sloppy. It doesn't account for the fact that tenants rent is not due until the 5th, so when transferring money to the perspective individuals after the fact it doesn't line up right. It takes some tricking of the system to make it all balance out properly.

• Reviewed on 12/03/2021
Lisa G.
Property Manager

"Ease of use"

Comments: Overall it's a good software and we have been pleased with the ease of use and their ability to take requests and make changes to the software

Pros: I really like the ease of use. It's pretty simple to figure out for both managers and tenants. Tenants are able to pay their rent online which has made collecting rent and on time payments so much better.

Cons: The software has the ability to take payments for multiple months however in order to properly apply them on the months when you need to it doesn't have an automatic feature. Also, it would be nice if there was a way to go to a specific tenant and make payments on multiple accounts without having to go out to each account separately. We have storage units as well as properties and some tenants have multiple units. They would like to only make one payment that could be dispersed to all the accounts instead of multiple payments. It would be nice if the property manager was able to do that as well. In addition, I don't like the integration of the mobile app for the software. It's clunky and difficult to use. The older version was more user friendly.

by Buildium on 29/08/2018

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for your honest review!

We just released an automatic prepaid rent feature in July! Our support team would be happy to walk you through how it works if you give us a call at 888-414-1988!

Amy c elkins H.
Owner / Broker
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2019

"Its good but not great"

Comments: They have been good and I am thankful for them. I have been actively researching other companies and considering seriously making a move. I almost did mid 2018 & their rep talked me out of it and I regret listening to her. They need to be able to keep up with the newest and latest technology that others are offering.

Pros: It does help you get organized & backs up all the information so you won't lose it. I like that it integrates our vacant properties to the web. But there is nothing they do special now at this point that every other big name PM software provider is not offering and some doing more cheaper.

Cons: It is not as user friendly as we would like. There are multiple steps to go through to get to basic info or areas you need to input that should be easier. It lacks some of the features that other companies have such as reporting to credit, collections assistance and their company they use for payments is horrible. I am not a fan of Forte at all! It takes too long to have electronic funds transferring. They take it from my account immediately but they are super slow everywhere else. I had how the book keeping is done in general. I wish they would collect fees from payments and not have the credit debit system with us because it is a nightmare doing your books t

Sheila L.
Commercial Real Estate
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2014

"We Like Buildium"

Pros: Buildium is easy to use, and we like the customer service. We like how you keep making the system better by listening to the customers. When you let us know at the top of the pages that a change is coming, this helps us.

Cons: I'm always in a hurry and anything that would make moving around in the system faster is important to me. For instance, when going through leases, having to hit the arrow to get to the second page of leases means an extra click and extra time. On the banking page, it jumps back up to the top when I'm going through the most current checks and deposits. I remember that our previous system used to have a capability that when you tapped the arrow down on the side, it would take you right back to where you were working last, which I liked; it was a time saver. Also, it would be nice to be able to customize reports for tenants if I just want to print a list of the worst offenders where their balances are over a certain amount. I seem to have some trouble while navigating through Help, and sometimes the explanations aren't clear to me, especially with accounting info. I like super simple, and I think the explanations should be written for people who are just getting on board with the system or are new to property management. Once, I couldn't understand an explanation, and I had a gal e-mail a more simplified set of instructions, and I finally knew what to do. Their wait times on the phone have also gotten a little longer. I don't call customer service very often (maybe 2 times a month), but when I do, I really want an answer. Normally, I try the Help area in the system first. I waited the last time about 15 minutes, and that was the longest ever. And when I've called in the past after 2PM Pacific time, it's been really hard to get someone on the line.

• Reviewed on 03/10/2014
Kevin M.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"Great Job. Keep up the good work!"

Comments: Great program, I came from TOPS and this is more affordable and easier to use.

Pros: easy to use. unlimited data storage. integration between management and finances. Announcements. the use of drop down menus and auto fill makes it quicker. Uploading and entering bills is so much easier. Bill approval upgrade is awesome. Great program

Cons: File sharing should be across the program. There should be one location to upload files and then select where you want the file to be seen E.G. owner, board, resource center, association.

• Reviewed on 12/02/2021
Vicki O.
  • Reviewed on 26/05/2021

"Could use more features"

Comments: Great product and pretty easy to use, but definitely could use a few more updates to the system to make it even better and easier to keep track of all of the documents needed for our properties and tenants and owners.

Pros: It’s an easy place to keep everything for our leasing with tenants and owners. It helps with bookkeeping and the app makes it so easy to take an inspection for that specific property and automatically uploads pictures too. It’s pretty easy to use and navigate, but there are still some things that would make it even better.

Cons: The ability to communicate with vendors and keep track of our tenants’ insurance. There should be a way to keep track so that when it expires, we can send out a notice, like for the vendors. Also, the ability to upload documents, I should be able to upload the lease and be able to see it when I click on the active tenant. It should also be linked not just to the property or tenant, but should be able to link to both when uploading; same with the other documents and owners. There are some features, like those, that need to updated or implemented to make the management company’s job easier.

• Reviewed on 26/05/2021
Susan D.
Bookkeeper/ assistant
  • Reviewed on 26/08/2019

"Checks all the boxes"

Comments: Using this web based product and all the features has helped to make our business not only more efficient but we are able to access specific information more readily. Many features online make for ease of screening and moving tenants in and out.

Pros: Ease of setup, epay and tenant portal, ease of intergrating to accounting, great training and customer support.

Cons: Prepayment option newly introduced was confusing to both owner and tenants

by Buildium on 27/08/2019

Hi Susan,

Thanks for your review! We will be making some improvements to prepayments before the end of the year, stay tuned for updates!

• Reviewed on 26/08/2019
Amanda B.
Community Manager
  • Reviewed on 09/02/2021

"Great Software"

Comments: Overall the experience is great. The website is easy for the residents to use and it is easy for our employees to use.

Pros: I like how fast the software is and that is is easy to navigate.

Cons: That we cannot run our own validation table and that we can not put a homeowners on "hold". By hold, I mean that we can not block someone from receiving a bill or showing up as "hold" on the validation table automatically. I spend a lot of time editing the CSV files for the validation table and the statements removing the homeowners we do not want to get a bill or make a payment. Would be so much better if this was automatic.

• Reviewed on 09/02/2021
Rogelio S.
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2019

"A positive boost to my teams efficiency"

Comments: So far I'm very happy with the software. It is very easy to use (take a while to get used though).

Pros: The functionality of Buildium has made our team much more efficient. Human errors have been practically eliminated. My clients, both owners and tenents, are happier with the "real time" info they can obtain. The general flow of the business is smoother and the employees are more relax. We are now focusing on the company expansion becuase we can easily handle many more properties than before Buildium.

Cons: It's learning curve is a bit difficult for some people. In some cases (like reports) there are far too many options that are confusing. We are using the software in Mexico and most thigns related to taxes, payments should be more felxible and/or customisible so we could actually use them (for instance, the tax payer numer in the US is only numbers ours are a mix of numbers and letters, I can't save that info in the tenents or owner section becuase it's marjed as an error: "only numbers accepted") similar thing with tax forms, checks. Not the biggest deal, but I feel I'm missing a lot of functionality. Should include a language option.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2019
Robert M.
Commercial Real Estate
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2014

"Love the product, but cannot recommend due to Check Printing issues"

Pros: This product should by all accounts get a 10/10 from me. I love the automation, the interface, the fact that it is cloud-based, everything! I look very professional to my tenants and my suppliers despite the fact that I am still a small (<50 units) landlord. The only reason I cannot in good conscience be a promoter of the product is outlined in the next question.

Cons: I simply cannot fully recommend this product as it has a serious, known flaw in their check writing functionality. In the past two years of operation, I have received repeated complaints from suppliers that it takes weeks to receive a check that I generate through Buildium. In one instance, multiple checks cut on the same day actually never were cut by Buildium's check printing provider at all! One of these bills was a tax bill in which I was required to pay a hefty penalty for my eventual late payment (In full disclosure, Buildium accepted responsibility for the miss and credited me the penalty amount). I have had several instances where I was hit with finance fees from my credit card provider due to late payment, despite giving Buildium upwards of 15-20 calendar days to deliver a check. In all instances, I eventually had the fee waived by my credit card, or had Buildium pay on my behalf. My prime frustration is that Buildium knows about this issue. Their CEO even called me to discuss it, yet it is clear that they have taken no steps to remedy the situation or change providers. Having an issue is one thing. Deciding to ignore the issue is another. I'm quite disappointed in Buildium's lack of action on this.

• Reviewed on 24/11/2014