QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall

About QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

The leading accounting software for small businesses. Instant access to customer, vendor and employee information.

Learn more about QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Showing 18,468 reviews

Luv A.
accountant in India
Accounting, 2-10 Employees

QuickBooks is helpful and commendable

5 last month New

Comments: The general experience is acceptable and need to proceed with this product. We are utilizing this product from around two years and getting great outcomes.

Pros:

The product is very simple to utilize that a man which isn't hands on to PC can without much of a stretch utilize this and perform routine every day capacities with adequately and productively.

Cons:

The product has some utilization of specialized language which is here and there difficult to see however it is reasonable. The specialized language can be perceived by certain experts yet normal laborer doesn't.

Jon M.
Managing Director in
Business Supplies & Equipment, 2-10 Employees

'Enterprise' Appellation Undeserved

2 5 years ago

Comments: The unfortunate fact is that a QB Company file can become corrupted at any time for numerous reasons, and once corrupted your primary option is to submit the file to the Intuit Data Recovery team, who inform you that their repair effort will take up to three (3) business days, during which time your business operations are effectively suspended. My advice is to consider carefully whether your business can recover from such a disruption before betting its future on QB as a business operations platform.

Pros:

QuickBooks does a fine job with basic accounting functions, is relatively easy to use, and the report suite is more than adequate for small businesses.

Cons:

QuickBooks Enterprise Manufacturing & Wholesale version simply does not work as advertised, as two examples among many will demonstrate. QB offers 'Advanced Pricing' functionality which enables the user to define and apply pricing rules across their client roster and inventory items list. These rules are intended to allow the QB user to apply a 60% across-the-board discount for clients Ajax and AAA, while clients Acme and Consolidated receive that same discount plus custom pricing on items X, Y, and Z. However, after the pricing rules have been applied and those clients are being billed, changing the invoice or ship date results in the deletion of the shipping cost line-item, and changes to the pricing of items on the invoice. Research with QB support revealed that Advanced Pricing suffers from a bug that was known to Intuit for at least 1 month prior to when I invoked the Advanced Pricing functionality, and a full month later Intuit has been unable to remedy the bug. After invoking the 'Advanced Inventory' feature-set, which automatically creates a drop-ship warehouse site, I learned that product being purchased from a supplier and shipped directly to our client was being removed by QB from the count of physical inventory resident on our premises. Intuit tech support rep's response was (paraphrased) "That doesn't seem right, but I don't know much about Advanced Inventory - you should call back tomorrow morning, as the day-shift staff have more tenure and are more knowledgeable".

Akanksha B.
Head of growth in Singapore
Logistics & Supply Chain, 11-50 Employees

Quickbooks - good alternative from Xero

5 4 months ago

Comments: Pretty good. Will keep using. It is a refreshing change from our previous software.

Pros:

We liked the Bank reconciliation, integration and ease of use. We also liked the product support and training provided.

Cons:

The set up required, data migration and the training for colleagues. Sometimes the product lags but that may be our internal issue.

Martin M.
Bookkeeper in South Africa
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees

Simple to Use Full Accounting Sytem

5 2 months ago

Pros:

Customizable templates, The good invoicing system, Good reporting system, Easy to setup

Cons:

Minimum hardware requirements are insufficient for multi-user environments, Price is high for small SMEs Takes long to download multiple data

Benjamin K.
Business owner in Zambia
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees

The Best for Small businesses

4 3 months ago

Pros:

It makes financial management far much easy as compared to other accounting softwares we have ever used in our business. and cost effective too.

Cons:

Nothing for now, everything in quickbooks works extremely well. nothing of dislike so far.

Delores S.
OFFICE MANAGER in US
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Best Self-Employed Desktop App for Small Business

4 last month New

Comments: My overall experience is that I had to buy books that help me learn QuickBooks and watched a lot of YouTube videos to help me get started. I still feel as if I don't know everything about QuickBooks, but it helps me keep track of my business.

Pros:

I like the fact that I can use QuickBooks to manage my reporting and expenses for my small business.

Cons:

Since, I am a small business, the software cost is expensive.

Golden C.
Accounts Clerk in South Africa
Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is the best Accounting Software solution. Simply the Best!

5 2 months ago

Comments: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise has advanced inventory systems and reporting, it allows me to rebill individual job costs and it has got a very well coordinated option for payroll allocation. I simply need to run payroll function for me to manage my employees' compensation and company taxes. For me this software is still the best despite some of its shortcomings. I would still recommend it all day long.

Pros:

The compatibility of QuickBooks Desktop with other third party clients is very critical. I can link it with my banks and other applications and it works perfectly well. This software is user friendly and its interface is another notable advantage. This software allows me to manage all my clients' accounts and be able to produce financial reports as they are required. Its customizable features brings with it great value. I usually customize my clients' invoices and billing documents. Its out of the box features allows us to carry out our daily and weekly accounting tasks with ease. This software supports very complex accounting.

Cons:

The QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise has a steep learning curve. I took a great deal of time when I was training my workmates. The items I no longer use in the inventory list should be deleted instead of being made inactive. I need them deleted. This software has to be fine tuned to remove bugs when I am creating multiple company accounts profiles. They may need to add bar code scanning function.

Emerson D.
LTL Operations in Canada
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees

Quickbooks is the gold standard

5 9 months ago

Comments: Quickbooks has become an indispensable element of my business, and I'm still using it after 11 years.
It simplifies payroll, AP, AR and anything else my accountant would charge me to do.

Pros:

Quickbooks has very intuitive accounting functionality for a novice to learn from. While it's possible to make some mistakes as a rookie, their software support has always been very knowledgeable and quick to help us. The baked-in functionalities that interact with your bank, your accountant and countless other applications are hard to overlook. Overall, it's a great product at an affordable price.

Cons:

Some of the default invoice settings take some work to customize. Also, sending invoices one at a time is a bit cumbersome once you start doing dozens of daily invoices. Further, there are programs that offer a better breadcrumb trail to find user changes.

Alain jove R.
Alain jove R.
Freelancer in Philippines
Telecommunications, 501-1,000 Employees

Bookkeeping has never been easy with this

5 9 months ago

Comments: Overall, QB is an awesome accounting tool especially for noobs like me who doesn't have any background on the matter. It does a great job of updating the reporting data and a scheduled cutoff time to allow you to know that some data won't still be present and are still in the works. Payroll, sales, and the likes are just made simple because of this.

Pros:

This relatively easy to use app is outstanding. With its simple interface with a lot of features for the average and the advanced user makes importing and exporting a breeze. Although it has selected platforms to integrate to, it still works well and does a great job with automating business and even my personal finances. I like the way reporting templates for weekly, monthly, are there for ease of use, which can be customized further to suit my needs. It's easy and convenient because it avoid the human error of calculations with old method of pen and paper, and even the improved ones of using spreadsheets and its counterpart apps. It is even better with optional plugins to make accounting a walk in the park, that's for a small additional fee of course.

Cons:

This is a bit pricy compared to other apps out there that have more or less the same functionality. It would be helpful if the excel/csv import can be better as sometimes the alignments and other elements have minor issues. And this is the same with switching from one mode to another which can sometimes have issues with the entries. And lastly, it would be nice to improve the quality that the customer service provides because it is not really great. I'm sorry to say but it's not so customer service oriented that the Quality Assurance department should work hard in weeding out those bad apples.

Andy M.
Director in Sweden

My Accountant Recommended This!

5 10 months ago

Comments: Overall I was happy with QB - I can access my accounts from my mobile and see what's happening in my company. As I said before, using software which is recommended by various Accountants speaks for itself!

Pros:

Just like any other kind of cloud application, the more you use Quickbooks, the more you enjoy using it and discovering more features. The fact that you can generate sales graphs simply is a great feature for generating reports for investors is a superb feature. Most importantly, this was recommended by my Accountant who could quickly export all of the data into their own system. This saved me a lot of money in the long run.

Cons:

Maybe too many menus to choose from which I would like to have the option of hiding. Since there are a lot of features and add-ons, some do not apply to me. So, more space please!

Van B.
Executive Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

Gets the job done

4 10 months ago

Comments: Overall, it's good. Based on the reporting and payroll functionality, I would recommend it to my colleagues, but I would also recommend they check out other options. There is lots of software out there, and I think the QB app is pretty weak, and it's likely you could find something that may be better. I also would strongly recommend studying the basics of accounting before you starting your account.

Pros:

The reporting function, and the ability to integrate payroll (especially full service) is what makes this product for me. Full service payroll will file my tax forms, auto mail out W2s, and make 1099s fairly easy. I do have a state specific tax that my full service doesn't cover, requiring me to manually print and mail with a check, which can be a bit of a pain.. but it does make me appreciate how much time the other payroll automation has saved me. If you structure your system right, the reporting function is very powerful. Unfortunately, not a lot of people have the foresight going into the software on how to appropriately structure things, so I'd recommend planning out your books with an accountant before hand.

Cons:

The customer service is terrible. I usually get forwarded from person to person because I'm in the "wrong department," but I know it's because the person just doesn't know the answer. I do have an accounting degree, so I expect to be more knowledgeable about certain aspects of the system when I call in, but, usually my phone calls are to resolve a software bug or issue. I also think they made a big mistake when they changed their pricing structure by limiting departments/classes to 40 per user. The number is too low, and I previously had unlimited departments/classes, to which Quickbooks made me reduce my total amount when they transitioned to the new pricing structure, with threat of suspension none-the-less. I think that's a pretty terrible thing to do to a long time customer, who had been using the software for 5 years before these limits went into place.

Shane K.
Administrative Manager in US
Civil Engineering, 11-50 Employees

QuickBooks Online Review - Power User Perspective

4 11 months ago

Comments: Overall QB Online has been a positive experience, but there are a lot of things I wish I knew before diving in. Payroll has been the source of many issues, and there are certain features that could be easily added that haven't been. Online has streamlined some of our processes a bit though compared to Desktop, and the price is appealing compared to Desktop + cloud hosting.

Pros:

QBO is fairly easy to get set up and going. We had a rocky start because we had to import a lot of data from QuickBooks Desktop, and that imported failed the first try. After the second attempt we were in much better shape. We did some cleanup and were good to go in a week. There are still some artifacts that have carried over from Desktop that QBO has no way to clean up, but they aren't intrusive on everyday work. We also love that everything is in the cloud and accessible by up to 5 accounts.

Cons:

Once again, the import to Online from Desktop was not the greatest. If you cam, avoid this import and start fresh in QBO. There are also some significant features missing from QBO that can be found in the Desktop version of the software. QBO Payroll also appears to be much more restrictive than Desktop Payroll, and support is not great in this area.

Theresa A.
Financial Business Manager in Canada
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 Employees

Quickbooks online review

4 11 months ago

Comments: It had been a number of years since I had used Quickbooks, until recently. I'm happy to say the program is as user friendly as I recalled. We have since transitioned to online version for more robust project costing. The transition was seamless and did not require any particular IT training, which was appreciated. The online version is easy to use, but has lots of room to improve upon its current functionality.

Pros:

Very intuitive, functional program. You do not need to be an accountant to use this program. We recently upgrade to the online version from the desktop version to track project costs more accurately. I am happy to see the many improvements and advancements. The project cost tracking is simple, and graphic visuals translate current status very nicely. The dashboards are wonderful for management team, at a glance they can make a quick assessment of financial well being. Making corrections within this program has to be one fo the quickest and easiest in all my experience.

Cons:

The project portion could be more robust. I would like to see more detail available on project set up. Project custom reporting could use some improvement, as what is currently available while useful, not creative or customizable. The tax reporting features are wonderful, easy to use but do not allow for issuing any necessary remittances with ease. Something I saw frequently mentioned in help communities for some time now, but there has been no improvement made here. Hopefully something that can be expected in the near future.

Samuel A.
Director in Nigeria
Banking, 11-50 Employees

Excellent Accounting Solution Application

5 11 months ago

Comments: The arranging module is brilliant as it grants me to screen my pay and expenses as indicated by the monetary arrangement and gives a whole effect on the affiliation's display. - I revered the flexibility of the item concerning getting together with programming from various dealers. - The assessing is astonishing especially for little and approaching associations. - Very easy to learn and put it being utilized, no issues as of recently. No mishaps, bugs, or hanging.
Assessing was satisfactory and was pas per our monetary arrangement. - The size of the affiliation was in like manner a matter of thought.

Pros:

QuickBooks handles basically all the accounting issues in my affiliation eg; Budgeting, charges portion, uncovering, charge status, etc QuickBooks makes a fine appearing with major accounting limits, is by and large easy to use, and the report suite is beyond anyone's expectations for privately owned businesses.

Cons:

The item doesn't have the current business design features like barcoding and part following. - Limitation on the amount of customers is moreover one of the perspectives I disdained. - I wished there was the ability to create various reports isolated from the current one which is accounting based in a manner of speaking. - As much as it is valuable for private endeavor as our own, it ends up being hard to use when the business creates and end up being enormous.

Abigail K.
Founder/Executive Director in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees

Great software, but has limitations

4 11 months ago

Comments: I really appreciate the overall functionality of Quickbooks products and the ease of use as someone who didn't have a strong financial background before starting my own business. There are some clear limitations in their data migration and their customer service that have made me consider other options before, but overall, when I am not in the data migration phase or needing customer support, then the product itself meets my needs well.

Pros:

Quickbooks is really user friendly for the small business owner once it's up and running. It does a great job of integrating the core financial functions that all small businesses have, and really helps to streamline tax liabilities into an understandable and manageable format. The reporting features are simple and easy to use. I love that it has apps that integrate into it that can better cover the areas that Quickbooks doesn't rally cover, such as benchmarking.

Cons:

There are a whole host of Quickbooks products that are good individually and that we either use currently or have used in the past (QB payroll , Full Service Intuit Payroll, Quickbooks Online, Quickbooks Self-Employed). One would think that by all being Quickbook products, that they would integrate well with one another and that data could be easily transferred from one product to another...definitely NOT the case. I've spent countless excruciating weeks trying to get my data transferred from QB desktop to QB online, and for another business from QB online to QB Desktop. Quickbooks Payroll and Intuit Payroll don't transfer over easily either. There is no way to migrate data between Self-Employed and the next level of QB. It's a bit mind-numbing. On some of the products, they promise support in migrating data, but in our experiences over the years, support is rarely able to actually fix the problems and will often tell you they will call you back after being on the phone for long periods of time, but then won't tell you when they'll call and if you miss the call, they will mark your case as resolved. Despite their clear and present flaws, I continue to use them, as the products themselves serve the needs of small businesses well - but I dread any time that I need to make a change in a Quickbooks product, as it's always significantly more difficult that it should be.

Cristina B.
CEO in US
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees

A MUST for your business

5 12 months ago

Comments: I initially purchased software to easily take care of my own books, pay contractors and taxes. Im not an accountant and could not afford the overhead of acquiring one. QuickBooks which was referred by my bank was able to get me organized and paying contractors/employees and taxes in a way that made me feel like I was an accountant.

Pros:

Easy to used, price for product is extremely reasonable, and peace of mind for my business. I was easily able to streamline my business information from bank account which helped because I don't have the time for the data entry that other software programs required. Customer service is amazing, they genuinely sound happy to help and have always been able to satisfy any issue with speed and efficiency.

Cons:

Limitations on number of users and I would like more professional looking invoices.

Julie L.
Director of Finance & Operations in US
Mental Health Care, 51-200 Employees

Easy but Incomplete, Still Usually the Best Option

4 last year

Comments: QuickBooks is really all there is in a lot of ways, with so much of the market share, they don't have to be REALLY good, just work. It's too bad because it's overall a solid product as long as you choose the traditional PC version that requires either one user or a server. I have been using QuickBooks for 20+ years and while I have also had the pleasure of other software, this is the one I am always most comfortable in. That said, it'd do from a big upgrade of it's online and Mac version.

Pros:

QuickBooks desktop for PC is the simplest option for most businesses, it has all the features that you need for small- medium sized businesses and for the most part, it's a great option. It is easy to change things when you make mistakes (see cons) and it has robust reporting for an inexpensive program. The system is so widely used, most folks know how to operate it and it's incredibly easy to train if not. It's an accounting system but really only for those who need ease over data integrity.

Cons:

Oh QuickBooks, your online version is terrible, your Mac version is also sub-par and your customer service really leaves so much to be desired. Never ever use Intuit payroll. When the file size gets too big, without any warning, things get wonky, numbers will flash up and then change while doing the bank rec, your 'Search' function sucks but ironically, 'Find' works great. You let me change my transactions by warning me it's not a good idea but hey, I'm a rebel. The lack of system integrity (ability to change and/or delete closed transactions) is a real auditor's bane. Still, you're the best value so we keep you around and you work most of the time for what we need.

Ricky T.
Manager, Operations and Finance in US
Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 Employees

Quickbooks Online - Rock Solid Accounting Software!

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall it's been a positive experience. We've used Quickbooks from the very beginning and have no plans to change anytime soon!

Pros:

Quickbooks is very user-friendly. When I took on the accounting duties for our company, I never had any accounting software background before using Quickbooks, but I was easily able to understand how to use it quickly. One of the best features for me is the customization of reports/templates. Once you understand how to customize reports and use recurring templates it becomes a huge time saver. In addition, since it is a popular accounting software, there is always a lot of answers available online, youtube, customer service, etc.

Cons:

One thing I wished Quickbooks added is the ability to import an excel file into a bill. Our employees submit expense reports in excel and I would like a function that allows me to import it into a bill. Right now I have to manually copy and paste the information from the excel expense report into a bill. I asked someone in customer service about this and they said it wasn't an available feature yet. It would save a lot of time!!!

Amy E.
CEO in US
Mental Health Care, Self Employed

BEST PRODUCT MONEY CAN BUY

5 2 years ago

Comments: The ease of use is probably why I have stayed with it. I am not a technical guru and yet I learned this program and have been able to benefit from every update and feature they have added. Each feature was easy and quick to learn with their easy to follow training guides and their chats to answer questions.

Pros:

Ease of use, better than the Square or other software on the market, keeps all information and is HIPPA compliant and protected, accurate accounting when my business had 14 employees and love it now that I have downsized, easy to do taxes yearly and quarerly

Cons:

Can't think of any which is why I have used it and stayed with it for 22 plus years, despite other programs and gadgets that have come on the market!

Andrew M.
Andrew M.
Accountant in US
Accounting, Self Employed

Quickbooks is still the best for small business, despite its shortcomings

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall, Quickbooks is great for small business, particularly those that have all employees on-site. If you have employees off-site or want a third-party (accountant, for example) to have access, you may want to plan ahead of time and determine if Quickbooks is a great fit. There are third-party apps (QBOX) that can help off-site employees access it, but there are limitations. Otherwise, you need IT to help you set up servers or pay higher prices to Intuit for their customized solutions. That issue aside, Quickbooks is a great product after you get past the learning curve.

Pros:

Quickbooks is universally known, compatible with many banks and third-party apps, and can be quite helpful for small businesses. You can customize reports, memorize transactions, and make use of many other time-saving features. Once you get comfortable, you can very quickly manage your accounting and see where your business stands. Also, since it is so popular, there are numerous websites that share helpful tips and tricks.

Cons:

There is a steep learning curve for most users. You will not feel comfortable with it for the first few months. Since it is so popular, however, you can search for nearly any task and find several websites that explain how to perform a task. As a CPA, sometimes I just wanted to see the transaction behind the curtain and it can be difficult to see that. Also, remote access for an external accountant or off-site employees is cumbersome and can require paid assistance.

Tom H.
Member in US
Facilities Services, 2-10 Employees

Best option we've found

4 2 years ago

Comments: Overall, it's the best solution for bookkeeping that we've found. It does what it's supposed to do most of the time. It's frustrating when it doesn't. It's pretty customized and we like that. It works as well as anything else we've seen for invoicing, if not better, which is a major factor for us.

Pros:

QuickBooks gets points with me for being basically THE standard for bookkeeping software. You can bring it to any bookkeeper or accountant and expect them to know exactly how to handle it. That's worth a lot when dealing with people who typically charge more than $60/hour for their time. I use the online version (QBO) and I also like that I can open my books on any device anywhere. Moreover, while I've used a handful of different bookkeeping softwares, QuickBooks is the most intuitive (for me).

Cons:

QBO has some problems that are causing issues with my books. I've been to 2 different accountants with my problem and neither has been immediately able to tell me what's wrong, but it's most likely something to do with duplicate entries. My books should be relatively straightforward, but I experience discrepancies of anywhere from several hundred to several thousand dollars, and it fluctuates frequently. This is very distressing and may end up costing me a lot of money to sort out.

2 years ago

Hey there, Tom. Thanks so much for your detailed review. We're happy to hear you've been able to do so much with your QuickBooks account. You can continue to rely on us for all of your accounting needs! To locate and resolve any discrepancies in your account, we recommend checking out this article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/undo-reconciliation/learn-the-reconcile-workflow-in-quickbooks/00/186429 Wishing you continued success! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Evan B.
President in US

Easy accounting software

4 2 years ago

Pros:

It does a lot while you do a little. I am able to send invoices, receive payment in different forms, do payroll, file tax forms and make payments as well as much more. It is very user friendly most of the time. I don't ever have any bugs. It let's me spend more time on other parts of my business.

Cons:

They force you to purchase new software every three years. The customer support can be hit and miss.

2 years ago

Hi Evan! Business owners like yourself are who we had in mind when designing our software, so we're thrilled to hear that QuickBooks is handling your accounting needs. Whether you're running payroll or receiving payments, you can count on our software to get the job one. To keep our software up to date with the latest security measures and implement new/improved features, we periodically discontinue products. It's a balancing act between supporting older versions and creating new ones. It's our priority to provide you with a variety of support options to ensure you're taken care of. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below: QB Community: http://community.intuit.com/ Email: [email protected] Facebook: @IntuitQuickBooks Twitter: @QBCares Thank you for being part of our QuickBooks family and we wish you all the best! Jen, The QuickBooks Team

VP Finance in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

QuickBooks is my 1st choice for small and medium company!

5 3 years ago

Comments: I used QuickBooks a lot. In my current company, we use QuickBook for all consolidated entities in US and internationally. Experience is very positive. Our international locations are able to input monthly data into QuickBooks, timely for consolidation. Our US locations use QuickBooks with a lot of functionality. Reporting is very simple and logical for accountant. It is very easy to generate income statement and balance sheet, double click on any number and export details in Excel right away.

Pros:

QuickBooks is very widely used and is extremely simple. It just follows accounting login without extra thinking and it is very convenient. You can extract basically anything into Excel in a few seconds. You can double click on any number in balance sheet or PL report and get full details of accounts and then, entries. As for small and medium businesses, it is definitely my 1st choice. Everyone knows QuickBooks. Accountants are hard to find. So, if you use QuickBooks, it is much easier to do recruitment as there are a lot of accountants who know QuickBooks pretty well. So, you can focus on other skills in your recruitment. This makes recruitment for accounting team less challenging. Moreover, QuickBooks is so simple and there is a lot of training provided. I also like QuickBooks customer support - responsive and simple way to address problems. I work for global company with US headquarters and multiple international locations. We use QuickBooks for all entities. I love consolidation function in QuickBooks when it access multiple QuickBooks entities (you just need to input password for each QuickBook company) and quickly generates income statement and balance sheet reports with each consolidated company next to each other. This makes consolidation easy and quick. Overall, QuickBooks is a great ERP!

Cons:

When your business grows, it eventually outgrow QuickBooks and you need to implement new ERP, such as Oracle or SAP. I can't think of any other issues. QuickBooks is really a good ERP to start with. Also, many companies might not grow to that large corporations which need larger ERP. Also, QuickBooks does not have audit trial (necessary for public companies), but you can incorporate month-end closing password preventing people from modifying prior period records, after month is closed.

Intuit Canada Response

3 years ago

Reviews like yours are why we do this as it's wonderful to read your comments about how QuickBooks has been easy for you to use and implements in your businesses, while still providing you detailed and logical insights from reports. In regards to your cons, QuickBooks actually has a built-in audit trail report called the "Audit Log". If you'd like to see more about this report, please see the following article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Help-Articles/The-Audit-Log-What-it-is-how-to-use-it/m-p/186180 I hope this helps to clarify the Audit Log report. Thank you again for the lovely review and for being a long-time user of the program. All the best, Clay, The QuickBooks Team

Morgan T.
Owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Easy to use for a small business owner

5 3 years ago

Comments: I use Quickbooks to manage my small S Corp business. It has saved me a lot of headache by simplifying my bookkeeping and making it possible for me to do a lot of it myself without having to hire an expensive professional.

Pros:

Many years ago and before Quickbooks was around I had to take an accounting class so I could learn the old school way of balancing the books for my one woman small business at the time. Thank goodness those days are over! Quickbooks has made it so that you don't need to know a thing about the technical side of accounting to be able to keep accurate accounts for your small business. I did hire a bookeeper to setup my accounts which is highly recommended but beyond that once I learned to use the software (which has been very easy and user friendly) I have been able to take over my record keeping on my own. Another thing that I think makes QB great is that many bookkeepers know how to use it so if I do eventually hire someone to help with my books I won't have to worry about them not knowing how to use it. I also really love in the online version how all my bank transactions automatically populate into the account--oh this is such a headache relief! I really hated doing that manually when I had the desktop version. This definitely saves time and hassle!

Cons:

I used to use Quickbooks desktop edition and then about a year ago I switched to the online version. One thing I did not like about the desktop version was that after my version had been updated by a new one I was not longer able to send invoices via email. This pretty much forced me to upgrade to the new version even though I was quite happy using the version I was already using. Also I found the transition to the online version to be a little bit disorienting. The look and feel of the online version is not quite the same as what I was used to in desktop and I have had a bit more difficulty finding my way around. I was also very disappointed to learn that my online QB data does not automatically transfer into TurboTax--an issue that I did not have with the desktop version where it automatically uploaded into TurboTax. While it's not a huge hassle to manually enter the info, it is still extra work that would rather not have to do.

3 years ago

Thanks a ton for your insightful and thorough review of QuickBooks, Morgan. It was delightful to read about how QuickBooks has empowered you and provided the toolset you needed to remain independent in managing your business. It's great that you were able to take to the program so easily, even without a strong accounting background. In regards to your comments on the differences between Desktop and Online, I have submitted a feedback report to our Product Development team to be reviewed and considered for future updates. In the meantime, should you need help with something or want to learn a new feature, I encourage you to check out our Community website. You can start exploring what available by following this link: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/US-QuickBooks-Community/ct-p/community-us Wishing you continued success going forward, thank you again for reviewing QuickBooks Morgan! Clay, The QuickBooks Team

Freelance Writer in US
Retail, 2-10 Employees

A tiny bookstore's dream come true!

5 3 years ago

Comments: Overall, Quickbooks was a dream. I came into it with absolutely no accounting experience and learned to use it within days. If I can figure it out, anybody can, and boy am I glad I did!

Pros:

My company, a small college bookstore, used to have so much trouble keeping tabs on the books. We were a small operation (only two full-time employees and a handful of part-time employees), and our output was too small to justify a lot of the big beefy software applications. Enter Quickbooks. Finally, we could track sales and generate invoices for our customers with ease! When a customer called with a question about their account, getting data was simple, and it really streamlined our sales process.

Cons:

Sometimes, we had trouble with the print formatting. It wasn't particularly adjustable, and every now and again part of an invoice would get cut off, or put into two pages for what felt like unnecessary reasons.

3 years ago

Hey there. Please know how happy we are to be backing your bookstore. I'm thrilled to be reading about how QuickBooks is helping you keep track of your sales and customer accounts. The fact that you were able to jump right in, even without much accounting knowledge is a testament to the hard work of our Product Development team. As for the issues with printing, should they arise again, I encourage you to check out this article that covers troubleshooting printer issues on the Windows operating system: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/How-to-troubleshoot-printer-problems-in-Windows/m-p/186105 I also recommend you check out our online resource hub. There you will have access to a bounty of self-help articles and can engage with other users just like you about the software. The following link will take you there: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/US-QuickBooks-Community/ct-p/community-us Thank you for the awesome review! Clay, The QuickBooks Team