Filter by:

• Overall

About SAP Concur

SAP Concur takes you beyond automation to a completely connected spend management solution that grows with your business

Learn more about SAP Concur

Showing 1,401 reviews

Lashundra C.
District manager in US
Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Concur for travel expense

5 2 years ago

Comments: Being able to load receipts and not having to keep up with them. Recently we have added tripit to it. To make our travel booking easier. It had truly been a great asset to our company.

Pros:

We use to have to do our expense Report by hand but now with concur the process is done in no time.

Cons:

The mileage tracker in my opinion still needs a little work.

Melany B.
Administrative assistant in Canada
Construction, 10,000+ Employees

Nice interface

5 2 years ago

Comments: We use the Concur expense app to bid, audit and approve expense reports.
This application is perfect for this kind of use.

Pros:

Very easy to understand and navigate the application

Cons:

Sometimes difficult to see the bills appear

Bernard L.
Senior Director, Finance in Canada
Biotechnology, 51-200 Employees

SAP Concur

3 last year

Comments: The main issue we have is to be able track expenses in order to comply with the Physician Payment Sunshine Act reporting requirements.

Pros:

It can help with compliance with the Sunshine Act which is very important for pharmaceutical companies.

Cons:

It's very expensive. They charge $14 per expense report.

Tawanda M.
Tawanda M.
CWBTS in Zimbabwe
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy Workflows for Enterprise Expense Processing Efficiency

4 3 years ago

Comments: Concur Expense is the ultimate Expense Management solution as I can confirm having migrated from a different solution from a different vendor. Concur has brought my organisation impressive Return on Investment and efficiency which affords us the agility and time to improve critical sectors of our enterprise. The support is top notch as the team is readily available and we also have local point persons trained from within the organisation. The deployment and integration was smooth since it is cloud based and doesn't require complex installation procedures and dependencies.

Pros:

I like the fact that it integrates well with other systems that we already use like the SunSystems API to allows us to integrate our SunSystems which the Finance department uses. I like its easy and clear workflows which are intuitive even for a novice and non technical stakeholder. I also like the customisation option because in my organisation we got an offering that uses our internal financial lingo and policies making it easy to transition to the system. I also like the report header function which allows you to enter repetitive fields that would be common for every expense so that it automatically populates them for you when you create a new expense. I also love the modern UX and UI which is consistent to most web apps that people are already used to. I like the fact that it is cloud based and only needs a browser to access the full application without having to install a client or agent or dependencies on your machine which improves mobility as you can do your business wherever you can get a browser and internet access. Mobility is huge in my organisation and this is a feature which save us lots of time and money. i like the feature which allows you to dedlegate roles to a colleague allowing someone to manage your requests and/or expenses on your behalf where you might be busy or on leave. I like the audit trail feature which allows efficient tracking of your requests and expense reports. This feature updates you on the status of your request at all times.

Cons:

The fact that you have to upload receipt images one by one and you have no option to multi select. However this is minor compared to the value I get from all the other features that it provides me. a few extra clicks wouldn't hurt.

Roger B.
Sr Project Consultant in US
Management Consulting, 201-500 Employees

Easy way to track and report expenses

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall, the best expense tracker that I have used. I would say that the features are always updated to help manage daily work for someone who remotely handles projects and needs the latest and most efficient way to work. This takes away a lot of the old processes for handling expenses.

Pros:

As a weekly traveler, my expenses add up quickly. This software allows easy import of receipts, tracking of projects, and submission of expense reports. You can use your camera to take a shot of a receipt so that you don't lose it (which is a great thing for me) Managing multiple expense reports, assigning the reports to specific projects, handling foreign tax exchanges, even the submission of the reports and tracking their progress, all made easy with Concur. I like having the mobile app that syncs with my laptop app as well.

Cons:

Sometimes it is not so easy to match up specific receipts to the correct expense when you have multiple ones for the same vendor. Not sure how to remedy.

Special Field Agent in US
Broadcast Media, 1,001-5,000 Employees

i Concur

4 2 years ago

Comments: My overall experience with SAP Concur is fine in general. There are some issues they can definitely improve, especially when itemizing. Other issues I may encounter are partial reimbursements for employees. For example, if an employee books a hotel for a business trip but decides to stay an extra day (but it's a personal trip). It gets combined onto one bill that is paid with a corporate card. Concur doesn't make it easy for me to break down one expense so that one is billed to the company and one is reimbursed to the company by the employee.

Pros:

It's pretty intuitive and you can figure out how to use it rather quickly. It looks a little overwhelming when you first look at the dashboard. I manage my own expenses as well as for numerous executives at my company.

Cons:

I've encountered numerous problems when using this software, but I am not sure if it is a Concur problem or if it is based on filters my company might have imposed. It is still useful to bring these issues up in case other people may encounter them. Specifically when I enter expenses for other people I do not have the option of selecting "missing receipt affidavit" so I had to instead submit a PDF stating that the employee did not have a receipt. It's an easy fix, but just noting that I do not have the capability to select that option on my platform. There are other issues like itemizing for hotel stays. Even if I enter the number in correctly the system doubles the amount if it's a two night stay even if you have a meal for only one night. Sometimes I would have to divide the amount of that ONE meal into two, which is then inaccurate. Sometimes I purposely enter in 1 night (even if it's more than one night) and enter the total amount of the bill. It's an annoying workaround.

Jeff J.
Customer Service Manager in US
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees

The app is so easy!

5 last year

Comments: Our expense tracking was fairly rudimentary and manual prior to using Concur. In just the few years that I have been using the software, new features have been rolled out that our company has embraced. The feedback that I've received from our accounting teams is great. It is playing well with our other software systems. As stated above, I love the app!

Pros:

My favorite part of this software is the companion mobile app. The desktop software is great but the mobile version utilizes what all smartphones have- a camera! The "ExpenseIt" feature is super easy to photograph your receipts and categorize expenses. It is relatively smart (ie; knows that food from restaurant X is probably a meal expense) and begins to learn your tendencies for category coding. Once I know that the receipt image is in Concur, I no longer have to keep the paper. I'm now in the habit of using the app as soon as I have a receipt in hand. So easy! I don't travel as much as our outside sales team, but there is also a great feature that I use occasionally and they use daily called "Concur Drive". It's a mileage tracker that automatically calculates your reimbursable mileage and uploads to your expenses file for you.

Cons:

The desktop application takes some training as it's not entirely intuitive. We have hundreds of users, so we have dedicated training modules hosted in person or online.

Jonathan H.
Labor Coordinator in US
Events Services, 11-50 Employees

Makes Bookkeeping Easy

5 2 years ago

Comments: My team uses Concur Expense on the regular to keep track of our expenses for the month so we can submit a report at the end of the month. The platform collects our records each month from the attached credit cards and lets us know what expenses we need to find receipts for so they can be submitted as a report for the company. Concur makes this super easy and painless so that we can get back to our jobs after coding our receipts.

Pros:

I love that Concur keeps record of payments for the sake of logging our expenses for the month. It's very simple and user friendly as far as creating reports and submitting them. My favorite feature is the fact that you can email your receipts from your email to your concur account so it is easy to attach them to a receipt for simple coding. Overall, the whole bookkeeping process is made super easy because of the way Concur is set up.

Cons:

There are occasionally some weird auto-fill issues that pop up when coding a receipt, and there are some cases where it becomes challenging to know how to code something when no options for expense type quite match what the expense was for.

Charles K.
Director of Sales in US
Hospitality, 10,000+ Employees

As a road warrior with near weekly travel, Concur Expense makes my life easier

5 3 years ago

Comments: The overall experience has been very positive. There are a few minor quibbles, but overall the tool is relatively easy to use and has made my life much easier when it comes to booking and expensing travel.

Pros:

Concur Expense is a great tool for road warriors, especially when linked with Concur Travel, allowing for seamless booking and expense functionality. The app is also great and allows you to submit reports, attach receipts (via the camera on your phone) without having to worry about being near a computer. We previously used a more cumbersome system that required mailing in paper receipts, so this has drastically improved the ease of use and cut down on wait times to be reimbursed.

Cons:

There are a few minor drawbacks, mainly around all of the things that need to be specified in the tool - for example, having to constantly enter the business purpose, city of purchase, etc, even for small items like a bottle of water before a flight. To be fair, i'm not sure if that's just my company's settings within the tool, or if that is a universal function. Aside from that, the tool takes a little time getting used to, especially the drag and drop of individual expenses, but once you get the hang, it is pretty intuitive.

Research Advancement Administrator Sr. in US
Higher Education, 10,000+ Employees

Modern Travel Expense Software

4 3 years ago

Pros:

I like that travelers can attach receipts to individual charges. Travelers and approvers can sort expenses by date, dollar amount, expense type, etc. Organizations can customize Concur to add their own requirements and security warnings. I like that if you choose to print an expense report and click the PDF button, it generates a complete packet with all the receipts and backup documentation.

Cons:

Our organization has the Request and Expense modules, and the two don't talk to each other very well. Travelers are frustrated that they have to enter the same information and upload the same documents over again when they submit their expense reports. The expense itemization for lodging is tedious. As an approver, Concur limits my ability to make corrections. I have to send the expense report back to the traveler with detailed instructions of which fields to change, or I need to send them the step-by-step instructions to add me as a delegate so I can make the corrections on their behalf. I wish approvers automatically had delegate authority so we could make the necessary changes, then route the revised expense report to the traveler to review.

Siva K.
Solution Architect in US

Industry leader in employee expense report management

4 4 years ago

Comments: Employee satisfaction, Less work for accounts payables team.

Pros:

The Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) expense tracking and management tool delivers a comprehensive set of features, which is easy to use and saves time for both employees and accounts payables team. Concur has many user friendly features like the ability to email receipts and the receipts will be automatically available for the employee to submit. Concurs Optical character reading ability is decent. Concur can be integrated with employees hotel rewards, airline rewards, uber accounts, so that all the spend will flow automatically into concur. These features save time and energy. I have known situations where travelling employees travel all the week and instead of spending the weekend time with family, need to spend hours keying in their expenses in outdated tools. With tools like concur it takes less time when compared to traditional tools.

Cons:

There is lots of scope for improvement. The tool can be made more user friendly. The reporting aspect can be improved. To do somethings, it requires too many mouse clicks.

Associate Director, Digital Investment in US
Marketing & Advertising, 501-1,000 Employees

I love Concur!

5 2 years ago

Comments: Concur is the most straightforward expense software I have ever used. I have found that the expense system at most companies is extremely out of date and slow, leading to a huge backlog of unapproved expenses and angry team members. Concur is easy to use for both people who are submitting expenses and their managers who are approving said expenses. Highly recommend!

Pros:

The Concur mobile app is really the big benefit here. The ability to take a photo of a receipt in-app and upload it at the same time is huge. It can be hard to keep track of receipts and remember what you need to submit, especially if you are working late hours or traveling for work a lot. Having the Concur mobile app makes it so that employees do not put off expense submissions for weeks and weeks and stay on top of their submissions.

Cons:

Honestly, I did not have one problem with this software. I suppose having a functionality where you could give your approver a push notification if they had yet to approve your expense would be helpful, but my approvers always approved quickly so this was not an issue.

Ryan T.
Ryan T.
Accountant in US

Concur is a good expense reporting system but it has potential to be much better

4 4 years ago

Comments: The software gives the company the ability to have electronic expense reports and receipts. This is a huge benefit.

Pros:

I like the electronic approvals and electronic payments to employees. The software does a great job of keeping an audit history. It also has great reporting functions that give me insight on how my company is spending money.

Cons:

Concur has improved very little in the 5 years I have been using it. There are many great suggestions on its support page that never get implemented. Concur does not send notification emails to accounting when reports are ready to be processed. Users are forced to check the site multiple times a day to see if there is an expense report ready for payment. A huge drawback.

Sho L.
Corporate Counsel in US
Information Services, 501-1,000 Employees

Works Fine For Me!

4 8 months ago

Comments: As the title of my review says, it works fine for me! I recall the very first time I used Concur it didn't seem very intuitive, but after you use it a few more times it is not that bad. In my previous job, we did not even use a SaaS for expense management - I think the law firm would just create an expense template to fill in fields and then we would submit expenses that way. Concur is much more useful for larger companies/corporations where employees regularly submit expense reports and there are relatively more employees.

Pros:

The process of creating an expense report is fairly quick, and I seldom run into any issues whenever I submit an expense report. You are able to attach images, check off different boxes of categories of expenses, and submit the report with few required steps. I also have not experienced any delays with getting reimbursed for expenses.

Cons:

You might encounter issues when you create your very first expense report, as it does not seem very intuitive. There is probably some tutorial lurking around, but it would be helpful if there was some sort of real-time robot to provide assistance.

Nathon C.
Accounting Supervisor in US

The Best Expense/Accounts Payable Tool Out There

5 4 years ago

Comments: We have been using Concur now for a couple years and it has cut back the time and cost of doing accounts payable in half at least. We really like Concur and we plan to keep using this software in the future.

Pros:

The product is very easy to learn and easy to teach to employees. It takes care of all of our accounts payable needs including invoices and expenses reports submitted by employees. We also have the Concur travel application and our sales team is very happy with this. Easy to book travel and find good deals.

Cons:

I wish there were some more standard accounting reports included, but if you need a specific report Concur can usually customize one for you.

Gregory P.
Gregory P.
Product Marketing Manager in US
Medical Devices, Self Employed

Concur - great and improving expense management software

5 5 years ago

Comments: I have used Concur at various positions for 10 years. For those of us that remember taping receipts to letter paper, copying it (no way can you use the auto-feeder without a jam) and submitting it with the most tortuous user-unfriendly spreadsheet that accounting could think up, Concur is the answer to our foxhole prayers. What used to take hours can take only a few minutes, other than the inevitable missing receipt (which is our fault, not the programs.)

Pros:

Multiple platforms can be used - allowing the diligent to capture photos on their phones right when generated - at the airport Starbucks, for instance.

Cons:

The ideal platform is a tablet - it can take pictures and you quickly pull it out and work while waiting to board, etc., but I experienced a showstopping bug that required me to use my PC to finish reports. The bug was that the city lists and currency lists were invisible on the iPAD. Never figured out why; too late now as no longer with that company.

VP Technology in India
Research, 10,000+ Employees

Great Software - professional services lags behind

4 2 years ago

Comments: Overall great software for Travel and expense

Pros:

Impactful for large enterprises to get everyone on one platform. It pays for itself though it looks pricey. Ability to tap into huge ecosystem, product keeps maturing.

Cons:

professional services lacks the maturity and knowledge to get benefit out of the implementation. SAP integration is still painful Reporting is still on legacy cognos product. Yet to move into HANA for the backend - sometimes it can be slow. Lots of outages on platform. Come down a built in last 405 months due to upgrades.

Saliscia B.
Specialist 3 in US
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

Good expense reporting product

4 last year

Pros:

It has features in place such as Concur Detect to help administrators prevent fraudulent activity and duplicate transactions. Also they have a service administration to assist with configuration changes. You can also have yoyr users to book travel arrangements through the system as well. You receive daily reports of who is traveling and where they are goinf should something happen

Cons:

The frequent outages that occur that prevent users from submitting reports and/or booking travel.

Pete B.
Director of Operations in US
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees

SAP Concur - Great for Trips and Expenses

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall really liked it, particularly for the travel booking function. When paired with a great travel agency and not too crazy expense rules, its a breeze to use, even when you are in a pinch.

Pros:

The integrated trip search capabilities made planning and booking a trip a breeze. Expenses are also very easy to upload and track for all of your trips. The software isn't confusing to use which is great, especially when you have to classify lots of different expenses. I actually think my company's rules of expenses at the time made the process more difficult (clearly not Concur's fault!). The Concur mobile app is also just as easy and straight forward to use. Used the mobile app for about 75% of everything I did in Concur.

Cons:

There were some disconnects between the Concur App and using Concur on a computer. I found doing my expenses which included needing to upload receipts, was much easier to do on the App than on a computer. I also could never figure out why I could not select certain options to finalize my expense report on the App, but could while online. For example, I would use the App to do all my expenses, but then go on my computer in order to finalize and submit my expense report.

Kathryn N.
Director of Operations in US
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Good for larger companies that have major expense tracking

4 last year

Comments: Set up was lengthy, but customer support was very good. In the end it was not worth the expense. The syncing process did not save us any time, so it ended up not being worth it to keep the product.

Pros:

We liked the transparency this program provided to us in being able to see where invoices were in the review process between departments. It gave us good reporting and control over the invoice approval process.

Cons:

It is expensive for a small business, and syncing the program with our accounting system was a cumbersome process, both in the initial set up and each time that we had to sync to transfer data.

Mark F.
Event Marketing Coordinator in US
Marketing & Advertising, 1,001-5,000 Employees

ConCur review

5 last year

Comments: Concur is a awesome tool do electronically submit your expense report that you connect you credit card to simply and improve the reporting process and they also go digitaly to the approver a very expedited system.

Pros:

This tool is a great tool for expense reporting, and keeping all your expenses in one location as when you make a purchase when you are traveling you can make a photo of the receipt and it is kept in the app until you add your expense to a report that is ready to submit. Very well organized tool for expense reporting and also to be able to link your credit card to the App and all expenses automatically export to concur.

Cons:

I can not share a con as the App provides me with everything that I need to fulfill a expense report with out a paper trailer.

Christina S.
Director of Internal Controls in US
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Concur has been a great expense report upgrade for our company

4 4 years ago

Comments: A neat and organized expense reporting solutions.

Pros:

Very easy to use. Alerts users of anything they are missing before submitting. Saves time when searching for receipt since they are linked to each transactions.

Cons:

Frequent glitches in connection between the trip it app and concur when using together. Some times the images stored from trip it don't show up in concur or it multiplies transactions.

Marketing Manager in US

So easy to use, great tool for tracking finances

4 last year

Comments: We use this product for finance tracking. It allows all of our department heads to enter their finances and code them to the correct GL. In previous positions everything has been manual, filled out on PDFs and entered into the finance system by an accounting clerk. This system is of course off the charts better than this method.

Pros:

As a user of this product, it is incredibly easy to navigate! The app makes it easy to photograph receipts and log them right then and there, which is PERFECT since then I’m less likely to lose the receipts before entering them for tracking or reimbursement. The website is also easy to use, and seems very user friendly to me. It’s pretty intuitive (as a user of it).

Cons:

Sometimes the app notifications don’t come up so I miss expense reports to approve, even though I have all settings so I should be getting those. Interface is a little dated, but nothing that affects use of the product.

Julie K.
Accounting Manager in US
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees

Concur Expense has saved our company time and money

5 4 years ago

Comments: Time savings; cost savings, especially in airfare and hotel bookings; employee compliance

Pros:

Concur is easy to use; for those employees who use our corporate AMEX card and the travel booking within Concur, the expense report practically writes itself. I love the reporting features, and I am able to bring all the transactions into our data base each month to keep our expenses up to date.

Cons:

The response time from the billing department; we had a billing issue on an invoice and it is taking an inordinate amount of time for a response.

Enrique F.
Manager in US
Consumer Electronics, 51-200 Employees

As a startup, Concur is the way to go since it is easy to set up.

5 3 years ago

Comments: If you need to setup up a Company employee expense tool quickly, Concur is the way to go. It's easy to set up and it comes with an app and website for creating expense reports.

Pros:

Concur is easy to set up and integrate with Quickbooks. You are able to create the expense accounts that you want the user to see and then link them to the appropriate GL account in the backend.

Cons:

We haven't found anything not to like with concur yet. I've used concur at my last 3 startups and all the employees enjoy the ease of using it.