Rent Manager Reviews

by London Computer Systems

• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.1 /5
    4.4 /5

About Rent Manager

Powerful property management software that combines all the features you need to run your business into one integrated solution.

Learn more about Rent Manager

Kristen C.
Property Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 28/07/2019

"Rent Manager"

Comments: We have been quite pleased in the decade that we have been using Rent Manager with the product, the support and of course, the streamlining it has provided our business.

Pros: We were among the first to convert to Rent Manager's stand alone version and we continue to use Rent Manager for every aspect of our business (approx. 1000 residential and several commercial buildings). The software is very user friendly and intuitive making it easy to onboard new employees. The comprehensiveness of the online training through Rent Manager University is invaluable for new and long time user employees. We use several of the integrations and are currently looking at adding several more. The allow us to adapt to every changing technologies and industry best practices. The customer/technical support is outstanding. I really cannot say enough good things about the support department. Whether it is technical support or assistance in scripting to help you streamline or create custom reports, they are always extremely helpful and responsive.

Cons: Any cons that we have found Rent Manager has helped us find work arounds for or has upgraded to in their regular updates. I would like to see more options for "batch" operations.

by London Computer Systems on 30/07/2019

Hi Kristen,

Thank you for your review! We've loved working with you over the years and can't wait to show you all what we have in store for the future. Feel free to submit any batch operation ideas to our development team here and we will gladly look into them for you: https://www.rentmanager.com/featurerequest

• Reviewed on 28/07/2019
Brian B.
Realtor
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2020

"Property Management simplified"

Comments: Overall, it works well for what I need, the UI could use an update though!

Pros: I like that I'm able to keep your different properties categorized and our tenant information safe and secure.

Cons: I REALLY wish there was some sort of CRM built into Rent Manager, also its not as intuitive as I would have wanted. Training on Rent Manager was a bit of a learning curve..

by London Computer Systems on 12/10/2020

Hi Brian, Rent Manager actually includes a CRM within the software. Your sales rep or any member of our support team would be happy to discuss our CRM capabilities. Please give us a call (800-669-0871) at your earliest convenience.

• Reviewed on 07/10/2020
Kristen F.
  • Reviewed on 03/04/2018

"Great software for our growing office and always provides us with exceptional customer service"

Comments: Our office benefits greatly from using Rent Manager. I can't imagine how our office would operate without it's help. Each one of our jobs uniquely depends on this software to help us manage our tasks, time, clients, and tenants in the most efficient way we possibly can.

Pros: We have been using the Rent Manager software from day one, and I don't know how we would operate without it. We have been a rapidly growing property management company in Northeast Ohio for almost 3 years now, and we are all very thankful for how helpful the software is for us. Both our clients and tenants love the features they have access to in their online portals. The attention to detail the software offers us in every area is extremely helpful. The property groups feature has been a life safer for our larger clients, who have multiple properties and/or more than one LLC. The batched reports help to save me time, on the day we pay out our clients and send out their statements. Anytime we run into a problem we can't seem to figure out inside of our office, we contact the Rent Manager support staff on the phone for help. They are always very efficient and detailed when explaining a solution. They make sure that we understand the why's and how's something is done, in order for the task to be completed correctly. There have only been a couple of times when we ran into a unique question/issue that a customer service representative wasn't fully confident on how to correct. In both cases, the representative was honest in needing to get additional help from a supervisor to further look into fixing our problem. Which is huge, in knowing that they want to make sure that each in every issue is fixed properly and correctly. Could not be more impressed by the customer support team.

Cons: Spell check. Something we are looking forward to in Rent Manager 12! We at times have new clients who have trouble understanding the owner statements. We spend some time with them going over the initial ones we send out. We then explain in detail how each of our monthly statements are ran, and normally after the first meeting, our clients are able to grasp how they are set up.

by London Computer Systems on 04/04/2018

Thank you for your review Kristen! It has been great working with you all these past few years and we loved attending your conference! Our support team really appreciates the kudos as well. I've made a note regarding the owner statements and we will look into a way to assist you with this training process. Since you are close by, if anyone from your team would like to come to our office for one-on-one training or vice versa, just let us know. We'd love to help!

Joann M.
bookkeeper
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2018

"Complicated software, long learning curve, but good support"

Pros: I was in charge of implementing this software, converting from peach tree to this. Excellent support during conversion, but this is a complicated product. Liked the bookkeeping side, but this is also supposed to push vacant units out to zillow, etc, and that is where we got on to the struggle bus. This was complicated, with a large learning curve. Did not like the website options at all, and found them clunky. The accounting reports were simple to set up & modify, and it was easy to transition to this product. Excellent option for a person that has multiple LLCs or multiple properties, as its very easy to separate. Excellent for 3rd party managers, as many bank accounts could be run from one place.

Cons: Website option templates were not very good, and it was very hard to get listings into Zillow the way you wanted, and get on to your own site.

by London Computer Systems on 26/11/2018

Thank you so much for your review Joann! We're so glad to hear you are enjoying Rent Manager's account features and multiple property options. Our conversion team really appreciates the shout out as well!

We are constantly building new Web Template Suite options and would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you more regarding website templates and online listings. I will have someone reach out to you shortly to see if we could set up a call to learn more.

• Reviewed on 16/11/2018
Brent S.
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2016

"Been with RM since 05, LOVE the recent upgrade of v12--offers a lot for the analytical end user"

Comments: I like that it's free and open until 7pm eastern. There was a time when the phone reps didn't seem that well trained but that hasn't been the case in the last 4 years or so...we get VERY well trained support when we call in and they are friendly. Like the extremely detailed reporting that I can customize, great andriod app, user defined fields that we use a lot to manage the unique competitive advantages our business has, integrated VOIP is really cool, nicely organized software (such as prospects, customers, epay, work orders, etc), and on and on. There's a lot I like about lcs rm...event went to their user conference last year for the first time in New Orleans and our team enjoyed that.
The pricing model isn't always ideal. Sometimes it's confusing. But that's perhaps par for most software companies. They have released so many new features so quickly (and they really are good features!) that about 5% don't work.....but they always fix them within a few a weeks of us letting them know. It's not web based yet...but then again, I tried a web based site and it was terrible!! I had such limited features. RM12. rminspection needs a bit more building out as it's kind of clunky to use but it does work and is helpful. I would like for them to have an affordability module but I hear that's in the works and from my experience when RM says they are going to build something, they do!
If you like details and you like to analyse your data and you want REALLY strong financials ingratiated into your resident management, than this is for you. RM also appears to be on the leading edge of web and app integration with the core product. My company of about 40 gets excited when RM makes new releases because it's usually something cool and different that we can use. Like texting with residents and voip integration.

by London Computer Systems on 26/02/2016

Hi Brent,

Thanks for your great review! Our pricing is a bit different than most. We would rather customers only have to pay for what they use and help keep costs down the best we can.

We hope you are able to attend RMUC.16! We're excited to be back in Florida and really missing the warm weather at the moment (it's currently snowing here).

If you would like, we are sending out weekly release notes for RM12 that go over all the new features, updates, and fixes. To sign up to receive emails, please visit: https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/self-help-resources/emails/

Kari
Digital Marketing Coordinator

• Reviewed on 25/02/2016
Susan G.
Owner, All County NEO
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2018

"Positive Experience with Rent Manager"

Pros: The most recent version, Rent Manager 12, is a much better user experience and comes with many improvements; we just converted on May 7. The staff overseeing the conversion did a great job in helping us be prepared and we converted with very little issues, all of which were resolved quickly. Additionally, we have had very good experiences with Customer Support and think that the company does a good job of listening and considering suggested enhancements.

Cons: There are a few minor navigational items that could be improved but nothing we would consider a major issue. As with any software, you'll always find yourself saying "I wish it did [this]" but it serves the purpose well for property management companies.

by Kari on 23/05/2018

Hi Susan,
Thank you for your review! We’re so glad to hear the conversion process went well and we can’t wait to see what all you do with Rent Manager 12. Let us know if you ever need assistance or if you have any thoughts on how we can make our program even stronger.

• Reviewed on 14/05/2018
Steve K.
president and principle broker
  • Reviewed on 27/12/2018

"Continuous improvement"

Comments: I had some latency issues recently and RM put a network engineer on the line with me and walked me through some issues we were experiencing. Initially I thought the problem was with RM and then I thought it was with my ISP. The network engineer tweaked some setting and it helped a lot. I asked if there was any charge and they said no problem.

Pros: I'm a bit of a power user and this product allows me to customize in many ways. Customer service is readily available.

Cons: It is a bit complex and therefore there is some learning curve for my staff. They say it's not particularly intuitive.

by Kari on 10/01/2019

Hi Steve,
Thank you for your review! We’re glad to hear our systems team was able to assist you with the network issues you were experiencing. In regards to training, I highly recommend Rent Manager University, our free weekly webinars (on demand recordings available), and our help file (F1) to help you learn new features within the program as well as a few tips and tricks. As always, you can also give us a call if you or anyone on your team needs assistance as well.

• Reviewed on 27/12/2018
Nick P.
president
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2019

"Rent Manager_Review"

Comments: managing commercial real estate

Pros: how easy to use and similar to quick books

Cons: hmmmmm not really sure, my staff has some issues with tenant over payments

by London Computer Systems on 30/07/2019

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your review! Please reach out to our support team (800-669-0871 option 4) and we can help review tenant over-payments with your team to find a solution.

• Reviewed on 29/07/2019
Lisa V.
Accountant
  • Reviewed on 26/09/2018

"Rent Manager"

Comments: We moved from Quickbooks to Rent Manager last year and have found it easier to manage our rental business with the software that is tailored to our industry.

Pros: The ease of integration with Paylease makes scanning and depositing rent checks seamless. No more trips to the bank and the cost is minimal compared to other scanning equipment. I also like the ease of financial reporting for each building that we own.

Cons: There are a lot of boxes to check to make sure you are seeing complete information. For example, there are many ways to see tenants, including past and future, but each catagory needs to have the box checked to be able to see them.

by London Computer Systems on 28/09/2018

Hi Lisa,

Thank you so much for your review! It's great to hear RM has been able to streamline your business processes. To help with seeing information, I would recommend checking out Command Launch at the top right of the program. You can also customize command launch to see what data appears under Personal Preferences > Command Launch.

• Reviewed on 26/09/2018
Jason C.
Broker
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2018

"Desiganated broker"

Pros: It does a lot of features, many I don't really know how to use.

Cons: It does not capture communications between tenants and owners. I would like to be able to link my email to it so any emails would by on the history.

by London Computer Systems on 04/12/2018

Hi Jason,

Thank you so much for your review! If you are ever looking for help regarding a Rent Manager feature, if you press F1 while working in that feature, it will bring up the help file to walk you through each piece. You can also give us a call at any time and we can gladly walk you through any of the features available within the system.

I will let our feature request team know about the email communication connection. You can also submit feature requests here if you would like to include additional detail: https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/customer-support/submit-a-feature-request/ . We would love to hear your ideas!

• Reviewed on 29/11/2018
Patricia J.
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2018

"Rent Manager is a great software for Property Managment companies. It's a one stop shop basically!"

Comments: Easy to use; customer service always helpful!

Pros: Customer Service is always on point! The software is user friendly once you get to know how to use it! You can log into the system via cell, ipad and desktop!

Cons: Have to change passwords too often! Customer service gets backed up and it may take a day or two to get a call back! However, they will call!

by London Computer Systems on 16/03/2018

Hi Patricia,

Thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear you are enjoying Rent Manager and our customer service team really appreciates the shout out! Any time you need help, you can also email us at [email protected] and someone from our team will get back to you as soon as possible. It's been great working with you over the past few years - here's to many more in the future!

• Reviewed on 13/03/2018
Vanessa K.
Property manager
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2019

"Efficient property management at your fingertips!"

Comments: The RM App is great for working in the field! While limited, it does allow most functions needed and love that it syncs fast & quickly with my desktop version.

Pros: It tracks everything! Including productivity! It has a great App available that is user friendly & learning tools like RM University.

Cons: The set up of everything is intense. Remembering how to navigate and where to locate functions takes time.

by London Computer Systems on 01/10/2019

Hi Vanessa! Thank you for your review. We're glad you're enjoying Rent Manager and our mobile app. If you haven't already, you should check out our recent redesign of the app, rmAppSuite Pro. Our software is comprehensive and full of features so don't hesitate to give us a call if you ever need help.

• Reviewed on 25/09/2019
Brian L.
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2017

"Powerful property management tool"

Comments: We have been using rent manager for over 4 years now. It's a great product. Need more tutorials/self help/videos for learning to maximize functionality.

Pros: Rent Manager is comprehensive, secure, and very functional. Customer service has been top notch, but they can't do tutorial only fix specific questions. I love how we can grow tenants and accounts and it can build without rescaling.

Cons: Need more tutorial videos. customer service has been great but they can't answer specific tutorial; only trouble shoot. I will I can learn to maximize rent manager.

by Kari on 12/06/2017

Hi KCI Management!
Thank you for your review and we’re so glad that you are enjoying Rent Manager! If you are looking for tutorials, I highly recommend checking out the Training section of our website: https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/training/. Here, you will find our free and paid training options which walk you through sections of the program step by step. We also have our Training Videos Archive where you can log in to view recorded webinars specific to your version. As always, feel free to contact us at any time and we can help find the right training for you and your team. Have a great day!

• Reviewed on 06/06/2017
Debbie T.
Owner/Broker/Property Manager
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/12/2018

"Rent Manager Review"

Comments: I am using Rent Manager to keep up to date on move-ins and move outs, delinquency feature helps me to see who is late on paying rent,. and my owners love all the reports which can be generated from Rent Manager. There is a Rent Manager University which helps me learn all the features and functions available on Rent Manager. What I especially like is that, whenever I have a question on the software, Rent Manager tech team is so helpful and always answers my questions.

Pros: It is easy to use. I am not tech savvy at all and I am able to navigate through the program`

Cons: Nothing bad to say about this program. I used Rent Manager offline (stand alone) in the past but now I am online and I feel secure that my data is safe.

by London Computer Systems on 02/01/2019

Thank you so much for your review Debbie! We're glad to hear you are enjoying Rent Manager Online and Rent Manager University. Let us know if we can be of any help in the future.

• Reviewed on 25/12/2018
Diana M.
Leasing Agent
  • Reviewed on 15/06/2018

"Easy to use somewhat."

Pros: I like when I get to a customers profile everything is layed out for me and the tabs help a lot with that.

Cons: Reports. Unless you know exactly what you are doing, pulling reports is not self explanatory. Just wish there was an easier way to pull them.

by London Computer Systems on 19/06/2018

Hi Diana,

Thank you for your review! Our documentation team has been working hard with adding additional information regarding each report to our help file. Within any report, if you press F1, it will bring up the help file which will detail out the what the report covers. You can also search the help file if you are looking for a specific report but not sure of the report name.

• Reviewed on 15/06/2018
Stacey P.
Property and Operations Executive
Commercial Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2017

"Don't waste time with Rent Manager"

Comments: If you only manage 1 or 2 properties (and you own them), this might be OK. But, if you're in the business, this is the bottom of the barrel

Pros: It's cheap. That is the only pro. But if you're looking for good software, please don't even consider this.

Cons: It crashes and customer service is terrible. There is no way to correct accounting mistakes. It does not generate leases nor offer e-signatures. You have to manually generate owner's statements and manually e-mail them as all e-mails sent from Rent Manager end up in the spam folder.

by Kari on 11/10/2017

Hi Enclave Holdings II,

Thank you for providing your feedback. We do take customer feedback seriously and we would love to speak with you further regarding any issues you might be having.

Rent Manager does allow you to correct accounting mistakes using GAAP standards. We also have leases, electronic signatures, an owner web portal for owner statements and information, report automation (including monthly owner statements), and much more available within the program. As for spammy emails, our Support Team can gladly help you look into this issue and find the root cause.

We were unable to find your contact information in our system. Please let us know the best way to contact you to walk through these built-in features via [email protected] We look forward to hearing from you!

• Reviewed on 10/10/2017
Natalie R.
Admin Assistant
  • Reviewed on 06/01/2020

"Decent Application"

Comments: It's not so bad but it did take some time to get used to this application.

Pros: It holds a lot of information and places for you to have all sorts of information on your tenants. It also has a lot of areas for real estate that help hold information.

Cons: It is not so easy to navigate and it's really outdated. I think it could have an easier way to navigate and condense everything instead of clicking between so many tabs.

by London Computer Systems on 08/01/2020

Hi Natalie, Thank you for your review! I highly recommend checking out Rent Manager 12. We have taken user feedback to improve upon user experience, allowing you to customize your dashboards or create custom tabs specific for your needs.

• Reviewed on 06/01/2020
Alejandra M.
asst. Property manager
  • Reviewed on 09/05/2018

"User friendly & easy to understand"

Pros: The program is customizable to your needs so that you can use it for only what you want to use it for. Software is continuously updated so it decreases downtime.

Cons: The program has so many features and so many abilities that it takes some time to learn them all so that you can use it to the highest ability, but its totally worth it.

by Kari on 15/05/2018

Hi Alejandra,
Thank you for your review! We’ve actually revamped our weekly webinars to give in depth, quick overviews of different areas of the software to help with all of the various features. Your sales rep can also help direct you to the best available training resources if you’re looking for a specific feature. Give us a call at any time.

• Reviewed on 09/05/2018
John S.
Real Estate
    4.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2016

"Excellent property management software"

Pros: It is a fully integrated software that handles both the tenant records and a full accounting package. At one point in our business, we used RM for the tenant side and Quick Books for the accounting. When we converted to using RM for a total package, I couldn't believe how much time and money we saved by doing this. You eliminate all the double entry using 2 different programs. We use it to manage all of our properties and it works great! We also have our website that is integrated with RM.

Cons: It does everything we need it to do. Several options to pay online, utility billings, statements, tenant records, it does it all

• Reviewed on 11/02/2016
Clinton G.
  • Reviewed on 04/01/2019

"too cumbersome to use"

Comments: needed a login/password and couldnt simply provide a reset , i had to phone in. not satisfied

Pros: the ability to online access rents and information is nice

Cons: every issue must be dealt with a phone call........extremely low tech for a supposed hi tech platform

by London Computer Systems on 07/01/2019

Hi Clinton,
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that your experience with us has been less than exceptional and we would like to learn more about your experience with the software so we can make it better. I will have your account rep reach out to you to learn more.

If you are ever in need of assistance, you can also email [email protected] or click F1 anywhere in the program for our help file. This contains detailed documentation for each area of the program, which can help diagnose issues.

To ensure the protection of customer data, we do have a verification process in place when resetting passwords vs an auto reset. This allows us to ensure your data is secure. If you have any questions regarding this process, your account representative can gladly assist with this as well.

• Reviewed on 04/01/2019
Lydia L.
  • Reviewed on 03/04/2018

"Rent Manager is awesome. I highly recommend them."

Pros: I love that they will try to create features based on my suggestions. Everyone is very friendly and knowledgeable. Support is very quick to respond.

by London Computer Systems on 05/04/2018

Thank you for your review Lydia!

Julie G.
Assistant PM
  • Reviewed on 28/03/2018

"Pleased yet displeased with stupid stuff"

Pros: Now that they are providing more integrations with systems outside of their product, it is making the automation of the office more possible. The customer support people are friendly.

Cons: I'm writing this while I sit on hold for Tech Support. This was after my call was picked up and told they were going to transfer me to someone that was immediately available and there wouldn't be any longer of a wait. That was over 5 minutes ago .... Yesterday, I called in on a scripting issue and finally hung up after holding for over 45 minutes. That is simply unacceptable.

by London Computer Systems on 29/03/2018

Hi Julie,

Thank you for your feedback and it's great to hear you are loving all of the new integrations! I also apologize for your recent experience with our customer support team. I have passed along your message to management regarding your experience for additional review.

• Reviewed on 28/03/2018
Bryan D.
Accounts Manager
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2018

"Rent Manager! Where have you been all my life?"

Pros: Excellent program! Easy to switch from screen to screen and change tabs to what is useful for each user.

Cons: Reports are a little confusing to make them look like you need them to look. Support sometimes takes a little while to get an answer.

• Reviewed on 18/12/2018
Melissa T.
Assistant Director
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2016

"Not user friendly and they lock you in to paying for the year."

Comments: It was recommended so I gave it a try. It took a couple weeks to log in due to their error. There is so much to it so I was recommended to pay an additional $ to have someone walk me through it for a hour /5 sessions over the phone. Still too much and when I attempted to set it up with my business realized it did not have what I needed. I let the rep I spoke to know "Thank you but it is not user friendly and does not work well with our business. Please stop payment and refund the 4 other sessions I paid for but not yet used." She says they can not and now I am responsible to pay for a year, along with the fact I am at a loss on the additional charge to learn how to use it. So unprofessional! Such a scam. They must be hurting for money that they can not refund my dollars and needs to charge me monthly for a year. Scummy!

Pros: Nothing

Cons: Way too much and such a scam. If it doesn't work for a company don't continue to charge and have us locked in. I do not recommend a company like this to anyone. Bad morals.

by Kari on 29/11/2016

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for your feedback.

After reviewing the notes in our system, we see that we were able to reach an agreement regarding the issues noted above. Being in business for 30 years has enabled us to help thousands of customers grow their business with Rent Manager, regardless of their size or industry. We would like to emphasize again that we have been committed from the start to getting you up and running with our program. We pride ourselves on our customer service and wish we could have reached a different outcome.

• Reviewed on 02/11/2016
Patti H.
Realtor/Small Business Owner/Property Manager
  • Reviewed on 11/08/2020

"Rent Manager"

Comments: I liked this product and would recommend it as it is user friendly and very comprehensive.

Pros: This software is highly recommended and it is very versatile. It's ease of use and flexibility is excellent!

Cons: It did not have mobile capability when I used it but I think it does now. Navigating through the software could improve.

by London Computer Systems on 13/08/2020

Hi Patti! Thank you for your review. We do have a mobile app, rmAppSuite Pro, that connects to your Rent Manager database. If you would like a short demo of the functionality available, please give us a call.

• Reviewed on 11/08/2020