Rent Manager Reviews

by London Computer Systems

• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.1 /5
    4.4 /5

About Rent Manager

Powerful property management software that combines all the features you need to run your business into one integrated solution.

Learn more about Rent Manager

Marcia M.
Owner/Manager
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2019

"Rent Manager is FANTASTIC to work with"

Comments: We are a property management company. This software is excellent in all ways. So easy to use, we switched from Quick Books to Rent Manager.

Pros: This is the easiest software to use even with multiple company names. Financial statements are so easy for our accountant to do our taxes with. LOVE IT !!!

Cons: There is nothing I don't like about it. Except maybe because it logs you out so often and you have to re-login often

by London Computer Systems on 05/08/2019

Hi Marcia,

Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear you are enjoying Rent Manager. For security purposes, we do enforce a log out after a while of inactivity. If this begins to become an issue, please contact our support team and we can help you look into this.

• Reviewed on 01/08/2019
Anne J.
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2019

"Best Customer Service in the industry"

Comments: I had the misfortune of having to deal with another company that is a competitor of RM. I must say that after that fiasco I am even more impressed with the outstanding customer service you get with Rent Manager . The staff of customer service representatives is the best I have ever dealt with. They are always cheerful, knowledgeable, and so very helpful. I love Rent Manager.

Pros: I have used RM since 2008. This product is easy to use and makes property management easy and efficient.

Cons: The product has so many functions that it takes a while to learn them all. The yearly conference is an awesome place to learn all the functions of this amazing software. Plus it is fun.

by London Computer Systems on 26/07/2019

Hi Anne,
Thank you so much for your review. We love working with your team as well and we hope to see you all again at RMUC this year!

• Reviewed on 24/07/2019
Elva C.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 30/11/2020

"Not for Lenders"

Comments: I was sold by the idea of been able to do Notes Receivable, after call, and call, and call trying to figure out that this is not for my business, the girl who was going to do the "integration" told me that the system was not created for Lenders or Notes receivables, waste of time watching the videos, waste of time talking to people who only do renters and getting frustrated that they do not understand what you need, which by the way, they could create reports, but you will have to pay individually for each added request you have for whatever is that you need, which in my case, I needed everything, and they want me to pay for everything, I'm sure they could create them, but Why the management companies received the same system as me, without paying a penny extra, and I need to pay basically for everything to be created especially for me because the system DOES NOT WORK FOR MY BUSINESS, and on top of that, I paid 1,800.00 for "integration" and they do not want to give me my money back because they use many hours on phone calls with me, which btw they were not part of the only 8 hours they give you for integration time. I requested the refund and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] told me that she was going to contact her "Supervisor" next few days, she said that the refund was not approved, and, they also Invoice me 2 or 3 monthly payments of a system that was not even working for me, nor integrated, nor nothing. Now, they credited the Invoices, but there is not refund. Are you kidding me?

Pros: Could be useful for renters, not Lenders like they told me they would

Cons: That nothing they use, was usable for my type of business

by London Computer Systems on 03/12/2020

Hi Elva, Thank you for your feedback. Your message has been sent to our management team.

• Reviewed on 30/11/2020
Lindsey V.
Property Manager
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2019

"Easy to use"

Comments: Rent Manager allows me to easily track all business needs ranging from managing resident accounts to managing both accounts payable and receivable to investment management. This platform is easy to use and understand and customer service is great.

Pros: This software is easy to use and can be customized easily. I use this software to manage residents as well as for all accounting purposes and am very pleased.

Cons: Online lease signing not as user friendly to set up and implement.

by London Computer Systems on 16/08/2019

Hi Lindsey, Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear you are loving the customization and accounting features. Definitely give us a call regarding the online leases - we can take a look into your setup to see how we can help.

• Reviewed on 14/08/2019
Vanessa K.
Property manager
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2019

"Efficient property management at your fingertips!"

Comments: The RM App is great for working in the field! While limited, it does allow most functions needed and love that it syncs fast & quickly with my desktop version.

Pros: It tracks everything! Including productivity! It has a great App available that is user friendly & learning tools like RM University.

Cons: The set up of everything is intense. Remembering how to navigate and where to locate functions takes time.

by London Computer Systems on 01/10/2019

Hi Vanessa! Thank you for your review. We're glad you're enjoying Rent Manager and our mobile app. If you haven't already, you should check out our recent redesign of the app, rmAppSuite Pro. Our software is comprehensive and full of features so don't hesitate to give us a call if you ever need help.

• Reviewed on 25/09/2019
Kristen C.
Property Operations Manager
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/07/2019

"Rent Manager"

Comments: We have been quite pleased in the decade that we have been using Rent Manager with the product, the support and of course, the streamlining it has provided our business.

Pros: We were among the first to convert to Rent Manager's stand alone version and we continue to use Rent Manager for every aspect of our business (approx. 1000 residential and several commercial buildings). The software is very user friendly and intuitive making it easy to onboard new employees. The comprehensiveness of the online training through Rent Manager University is invaluable for new and long time user employees. We use several of the integrations and are currently looking at adding several more. The allow us to adapt to every changing technologies and industry best practices. The customer/technical support is outstanding. I really cannot say enough good things about the support department. Whether it is technical support or assistance in scripting to help you streamline or create custom reports, they are always extremely helpful and responsive.

Cons: Any cons that we have found Rent Manager has helped us find work arounds for or has upgraded to in their regular updates. I would like to see more options for "batch" operations.

by London Computer Systems on 30/07/2019

Hi Kristen,

Thank you for your review! We've loved working with you over the years and can't wait to show you all what we have in store for the future. Feel free to submit any batch operation ideas to our development team here and we will gladly look into them for you: https://www.rentmanager.com/featurerequest

• Reviewed on 28/07/2019
Office and IT Administrator
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2018

"Feature-rich software for the rental home industry that is as simple as you can hope for."

Comments: All in one product for rental communities that is simple to use. Can do A/R, A/P, reporting, etc. There really aren't any major missing features.

Pros: For basic usage the layout is really intuitive and as manager of a rental property you could figure out pretty much everything you need just by poking around. You can do pretty much anything that needs to be done with this software and it has the accounting features that make it an all in one product. Customer support can be slow at times but they will always put in whatever effort it takes to troubleshoot your problems and all staff is in the US.

Cons: The help section is a bit lacking. It's more just a beginner how-to guide rather than figuring anything complex out. Plus, it doesn't indicate where certain features need to be manipulated on the back end. Reports are rather cumbersome at times and there are so many that seem too similar. A good wizard for creating reports would be nice. Creating purchase orders is slow, again, a wizard walk-through to get it all done as fast as possible would be nice.

by London Computer Systems on 01/08/2018

Thank you so much for your review!

We are consistently adding new articles into our help file, so be sure to check back often to see what's available. If there is an area in particular you feel could use additional explanation, our training team would love to hear about it.

Please submit a feature request here: https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/customer-support/submit-a-feature-request/ with any ideas you might have.

• Reviewed on 31/07/2018
Walter R.
Maintenance manager
  • Reviewed on 04/06/2019

"Best overall property management program"

Comments: Being the manger of all work orders, I am BUSY. I can be out in the field take pictures, notes, add work orders, anything I want to do all over my phone. No matter what time it is. Online support is quick and will not stop until they fix it. No more can a tenant say that we didn't fix anything. I can have pictures, time frames, and they sign.... Thank you rent mananger

Pros: Online is the best ever
App make life so much easier
unlimited memory (online)
Support is the best, will show you step by step or get a group of people to fix it
Adding work orders is so easy and i can have every step stored
I could keep going all day

Cons: Online is alot to learn
Logs you out too quickly for not using it

by London Computer Systems on 10/06/2019

Thank you so much for your review Walter! Our customer support team appreciates the shout out as well!

We do have a security feature in place that will log you out after a specific length of inactivity in the program. Please reach out to your sales rep or [email protected] to see if something can be changed regarding this feature.

• Reviewed on 04/06/2019
Jeanni W.
Regional Manager
Commercial Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2017

"Rent Manager Upgrade"

Comments: We are very happy we chose to stay with Rent Manager and upgrading rather than switching to a new program. RM transferred all our historical information over to the new version so the transition was almost seamless!

Pros: We were familiar with Rent Manager. We love the in-depth financial reports. The RM 12 version has many more customizing options in all areas of the software. RM University was a great help in learning the new version.

Cons: Sometimes a little slow in moving from area to area. Have to wait for RM customer service to call back when having a problem.

by Kari on 08/07/2017

Hi Covey Regional Management,

Thank you for your review! I will pass your comments regarding speed and customer service back to our management team. We are constantly looking to improve both of these areas and would appreciate any additional feedback you might have. Feel free to send us any additional feedback via our new Feature Request Form: https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/customer-support/submit-a-feature-request/. Have a great day!

• Reviewed on 18/07/2017
Nick P.
president
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2019

"Rent Manager_Review"

Comments: managing commercial real estate

Pros: how easy to use and similar to quick books

Cons: hmmmmm not really sure, my staff has some issues with tenant over payments

by London Computer Systems on 30/07/2019

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your review! Please reach out to our support team (800-669-0871 option 4) and we can help review tenant over-payments with your team to find a solution.

• Reviewed on 29/07/2019
Rj W.
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2018

"So happy with the product and the support. It's everything we need and more."

Pros: Rent Manager is extremely powerful but also incredibly intuitive and simple to use. It just makes sense and works great. The customer support is also phenomenal. If you have a question you can just call support and someone knowledgeable and friendly will answer your question within minutes.

Cons: If I had to pick something it would be a couple very minor limitations with the reports and accounting for reserves. The reports and accounting are amazing, but there are just a couple things that we'd like to do that we can't. We have very simple workarounds so it's not a big deal at all but if I had to pick something, that would be it.

by London Computer Systems on 19/04/2018

Thank you so much for your review RJ and our support team appreciates the shout out! We would love to hear about any additional features that could assist your business. Please submit any requests here: https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/customer-support/submit-a-feature-request/. Our management team will review your request and see if it can be added to an upcoming development cycle.

• Reviewed on 16/04/2018
Samantha F.
Property Manager
Commercial Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2018

"Extremely user friendly"

Comments: Love that you can use it on your phone.

Pros: The program is easy to use. There are multiple ways to get to certain screens. Couldn't ask for a more user friendly program! Its helpful that you can use it for single family or multifamily homes.

Cons: It does not have spell check. The owners statements can also be confusing for owners. I believe the owners statements should more correlate directly with the items entered into the system or at least explain what those particular numbers reflect.

by Kari on 03/08/2018

Thank you so much for your review Samantha! We love to hear that you are enjoying Rent Manager. We would be happy to help you customize the owner statements to be a better fit for your business. Please give us a call at anytime or email [email protected]

• Reviewed on 01/08/2018
Patricia J.
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2018

"Rent Manager is a great software for Property Managment companies. It's a one stop shop basically!"

Comments: Easy to use; customer service always helpful!

Pros: Customer Service is always on point! The software is user friendly once you get to know how to use it! You can log into the system via cell, ipad and desktop!

Cons: Have to change passwords too often! Customer service gets backed up and it may take a day or two to get a call back! However, they will call!

by London Computer Systems on 16/03/2018

Hi Patricia,

Thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear you are enjoying Rent Manager and our customer service team really appreciates the shout out! Any time you need help, you can also email us at [email protected] and someone from our team will get back to you as soon as possible. It's been great working with you over the past few years - here's to many more in the future!

• Reviewed on 13/03/2018
Karen B.
Managing Partner
  • Reviewed on 07/08/2019

"Rent Manager Support: worth every penny..."

Comments: I would recommend RM to anyone based solely on their customer support. When I was just learning, I made calls almost daily and was NEVER disappointed with the help I received. Now, when I call, it's usually a complicated accounting question and again, I am NEVER disappointed.

Pros: The RM software is very powerful and I appreciate being able to use the formatted reports as well as creating my own. The customer history tab has been invaluable to me as I use it to save emails, conversations etc. with tenants.

Cons: The font won't customize to a larger size.

by London Computer Systems on 08/08/2019

Hi Karen, Thank you so much for your feedback! Our customer support team appreciates the shout out as well.

• Reviewed on 07/08/2019
Property Management
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2018

"Easy to Use, Great Reports"

Comments: Easy reports, easy to input information, you don't have to have property management experience to be able to use this software effectively.

Pros: It's very user-friendly. I like the ability to create my own reports. I manage multiple units with multiple private owners, this software handles that versatility well. Rent Manager has many uses I haven't even used yet.

Cons: There is nothing I don't like about this software.

by London Computer Systems on 11/10/2018

Thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear you are enjoying Rent Manager. Feel free to give us a call anytime if there is a specific feature you would like to learn about in the program or check out Rent Manager University and the help file (F1) for feature documentation.

• Reviewed on 10/10/2018
Debbie T.
Owner/Broker/Property Manager
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/12/2018

"Rent Manager Review"

Comments: I am using Rent Manager to keep up to date on move-ins and move outs, delinquency feature helps me to see who is late on paying rent,. and my owners love all the reports which can be generated from Rent Manager. There is a Rent Manager University which helps me learn all the features and functions available on Rent Manager. What I especially like is that, whenever I have a question on the software, Rent Manager tech team is so helpful and always answers my questions.

Pros: It is easy to use. I am not tech savvy at all and I am able to navigate through the program`

Cons: Nothing bad to say about this program. I used Rent Manager offline (stand alone) in the past but now I am online and I feel secure that my data is safe.

by London Computer Systems on 02/01/2019

Thank you so much for your review Debbie! We're glad to hear you are enjoying Rent Manager Online and Rent Manager University. Let us know if we can be of any help in the future.

• Reviewed on 25/12/2018
Colleen H.
Admin Support
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2018

"Customize! Customize! Customize!"

Comments: Love the weekly training sessions, RMU, and helpfulness of the employees at Rent Manager.

Pros: Ability to control users' permissions, abilities, ability to change default tabs to fit your business needs. Account reps are responsive, helpful, and quick.

Cons: Some parts need improvement, however Rent Manager is constantly rolling out new updates, features.

by Kari on 19/04/2018

Hi Colleen,

Thank you so much for your review! We would love to hear any additional feedback you have for our features or areas you’d like us to improve upon. Please submit them to https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/customer-support/submit-a-feature-request/ and our management team will review your submission.

• Reviewed on 17/04/2018
Jeremy A.
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2018

"Best teammate I've ever had"

Comments: It's way more often that all I need to do is tweak the system a little to NOT have to hire a FTE. In other words...no more people at problems.

Pros: The best thing about this software is that if I can imagine something it is most likely that the software will let me do it. And for me, anything less than that is aggravating so it was almost a must for me. And I have most definitely NOT been disappointed.

Cons: Because it has so many capabilities it is not the easiest system to learn...but when you do it's fantastic.

by London Computer Systems on 03/05/2018

Thank you for your review Jeremy! We love working with you and the Wistar Group team. Hope to see you again at RMUC!

• Reviewed on 30/04/2018
Nick R.
Contruction Manager
  • Reviewed on 01/07/2019

"Rent Manager is invaluable to running our business"

Pros: Because of the vest amount of logic contained in the software almost every issue about property management is covered. And if not they can write it in to the software. We just started to use the integration with website this past year and been great

Cons: Wish the additional user cost wasn't so much. We have two user now and sometimes becomes an issue because we are using the software for so many different things now.

by London Computer Systems on 08/07/2019

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear you are happy with RM and that the new website integration is working well for you.

• Reviewed on 01/07/2019
Brian B.
Realtor
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2020

"Property Management simplified"

Comments: Overall, it works well for what I need, the UI could use an update though!

Pros: I like that I'm able to keep your different properties categorized and our tenant information safe and secure.

Cons: I REALLY wish there was some sort of CRM built into Rent Manager, also its not as intuitive as I would have wanted. Training on Rent Manager was a bit of a learning curve..

by London Computer Systems on 12/10/2020

Hi Brian, Rent Manager actually includes a CRM within the software. Your sales rep or any member of our support team would be happy to discuss our CRM capabilities. Please give us a call (800-669-0871) at your earliest convenience.

• Reviewed on 07/10/2020
Diana M.
Leasing Agent
  • Reviewed on 15/06/2018

"Easy to use somewhat."

Pros: I like when I get to a customers profile everything is layed out for me and the tabs help a lot with that.

Cons: Reports. Unless you know exactly what you are doing, pulling reports is not self explanatory. Just wish there was an easier way to pull them.

by London Computer Systems on 19/06/2018

Hi Diana,

Thank you for your review! Our documentation team has been working hard with adding additional information regarding each report to our help file. Within any report, if you press F1, it will bring up the help file which will detail out the what the report covers. You can also search the help file if you are looking for a specific report but not sure of the report name.

• Reviewed on 15/06/2018
Dannis A.
Property Manager/Owner
  • Reviewed on 15/09/2017

"Been with Rent Manager for over 13 years and it just keeps getting better"

Comments: It is amazing to see how far the software has come in 13 years and it keeps out performing the competition. Took the time to reevaluate property management software for my company 18 months ago. Intrigued by some of the other firms but choose to double down with Rent Manager.

Pros: Value, features, and focus on the needs of the user. Strong trendy features with an accounting backbone that can not be beat.

Cons: Many new features without accompanied intuitive internal help or setup information. Takes a call to product support sometimes to to roll out but always worth the time to leverage all the features.

by Kari on 23/09/2017

Hi Five Star Property Management, LLC,

Thank you so much for your feedback! It has been great working with you over the past decade and we can’t wait to work with you more in the future.
Our training team is working hard to add more documentation and training for all of the recently released features. If there is one in particular you are looking for, be sure to reach out to your Account Manager and she can gladly send the information along.

• Reviewed on 15/09/2017
Meaghan M.
Commercial Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2018

"Functional Program"

Pros: You can work in multiple screens at once. For example: you can look at a resident pay record and then go to owners without losing your information. Other programs do not have that feature. If you are writing a letter to a resident, it automatically asks you if you would like to save the letter to the resident's file. That way, you don't have to print the letter and then go back and make a note in the resident's history, it does it for you (if you choose).

Cons: We have a certain way we do statement to our owners. Rent Manager doesn't have the capability to produce the statement we are looking for.

by Kari on 24/04/2018

Hi Meaghan,

Thank you so much for your review! We do offer custom report development that can look into the custom statement you are looking to produce for your owners. Please let us know if this is something you would be interested in.

• Reviewed on 20/04/2018
Angela W.
Commercial Real Estate
  • Reviewed on 09/02/2016

"Outstanding Software, Outstanding Value"

Pros: I have worked with Rent Manager for 10 years, it's been an integral part of the success of my business. It is by far the most user friendly software I've used in my career, it's easy for employees to navigate, even those without prior management experience. It has allowed me to effectively and smoothly organize my business The Rent Manager staff has always been at the cutting edge of technology, which is great for my business and the options I can offer my clients. Their customer service and support has always been responsive and top notch!

Cons: I haven't found anything yet! We have integrated almost all of the service options they have offered and they have all been of exceptional value.

• Reviewed on 09/02/2016