Propertyware Reviews

• Overall
    3.5 /5
    3.5 /5
    3.4 /5

About Propertyware

From flexible pricing, customization, and best-in-class functionality, our Residential Rental Property Management Software offers more.

Learn more about Propertyware

Terry H.
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2020

"Document every promise and they will break them and charge you"

Comments: The people were nice and courteous but did not resolve my issues and just stopped communicating instead of resolving the issue. I might have kept the product had they not ripped me off on the add on services.

Pros: Online payments, I had a great experience with the help center they helped me with several issues until they were resolved, too bad the rest of the company didn't work this way.

Cons: Having my sales rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] lie to me and then stop responding. Didn't provide the service as described and charged me anyway. Implementation drug on from 11/15 to 1/30 and turned on live without any testing. The marketing is useless without paying Zillow. The phone app crashed constantly when trying to search. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] my sales rep, put in writing that I could cancel a $100/mo add on for doc u sign and maintenance but did not honor it. Extended my contract with the change that could supposedly be deleted. The call center was supposed to do pre-screening and answer the phone for $452.25/mo. Instead they took all forwarded emails and entered them into my leads without talking to the people and sent them back as another lead. When I attempted to work things out to get it working I got stonewalled and the monthly payment continued. Multiple people called when I asked to cancel and said they would take care of the issue and then they stopped responding.

• Reviewed on 11/05/2020
Mary G.
Director of Training and Development
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees

"Propertyware Product Review"

Comments: My experience has been positive with Propertyware. As a large client, it is extremely helpful to have a Platinum Support Agent connected to our account that has a relationship with our users. The support team has been extremely responsive in working with our teams and discussions about enhancements to be competitive with our products. Being included on BETA teams and development discussion is an extremely positive experience because they are learning about the industry and taking that knowledge for the product enhancements needed.

Pros: The software is built to grow with your company. With the flexibility of the system's customization, including the reporting, custom views, and custom fields, your company can record, track, and analyze business short term and long term business trends.

Cons: The system experiences glitches at times and can slow down based on usage.

Hi, Mary -

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! As always, your feedback is appreciated.

Angela D.
  • Reviewed on 21/12/2017

"Huge learning curve"

Comments: I've been using the software for at least a year and keep thinking I'll get used to it. I'm coming from other property management software so I'm familiar with the property management software features. It's almost like using an old Microsoft computer before windows. I would prefer a few buttons nice and easy and keep the data sheets in the background for the geeks.

Pros: This software seems to be very robust. Certainly it can do just about anything. It allows you to manage just about anything that rents on a monthly basis. Storage units, shampoo stations, or HOA, you can manage it with this software. I love that the tenants have their own portals and maintenance requests are easy.

Cons: It's NOT user friendly. Every step takes three or four clicks of buttons. The words used are not intuitive either. Need to find a vendor? Go to Money out. Need to send leases? Go to Mail Merge. Moving in a tenant takes manual entry of a number of things including the rent amounts and move in dates. Leases don't auto populate with the number of signers. Each time the number of signers changes it requires a manual change of the each field: date, signature field, and the name fields.

• Reviewed on 21/12/2017
Julie K.
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 06/04/2017

"Nightmare of a company"

Pros: The ability to create our own fields which are available in reporting and views is great. Online bill pay for tenants and ability for tenants to submit their service requests on line is great. Bulk lease renewals are great, along with modifiable mail merge templates.

Cons: Everything else! The customer service is horrible. Submit a ticket, and maybe if you are lucky they will contact you weeks later. But then they will tell you that what you are asking for is an enhancement and you should submit it in their knowledge base. Generally...they consider everything an enhancement, even standard things that really ought to take a week at most to implement and test. Tiny adjustments could make huge difference for usability, but it seems like any ideas submitted to the knowledge base go into a black hole...never to be seen again. Even true bugs take over 3 months to fix...I think I am still waiting on one..it's now been 5 months. My background is technical...database development/programmer for 18 years, so maybe my frustration with this company is more than others who are standard users. Regardless, their first line of support is a joke...telling you to reboot your machine etc. I have to go through a number of people to get someone that actually understands what I am saying...and even then...months later, my suggestions never come to fruition. The basics of this software for daily things like keeping track of units, leases, work orders is good. But if you want software where there is a functioning mobile App, or Texting, forget it. They are so far behind the times. Their calendar is a joke...and the sync with Google even more of a joke. Their tasks in the software aren't connected with the calendar, nor with the Work Orders. It's like all the supposed amazing functionality to manage all aspects of your business each live in their own little tunnel. Fabulous...as if tunnel vision of an employee isn't bad enough...now our software works the same way...talk about repeated data entry! Waste of time. I have had 8 account managers in just over 2 years. None seem to care about us as a customer. We upgraded to their new payment structure and have been waiting 7 months (not exaggerating) for this process to complete. They keep asking us for documentation that was already given. They tried to give us a new account rep for this midway....via canned emails welcoming us to our new product. I am so tired of this company that if not for their ability to create our own fields (hence our own workflow)...I would have walked away long ago. My concern of going somewhere else is that will it be any better? And if we cannot create our own fields...how constrained we will be by true canned software. I cannot in good conscience recommend this software. I truly wonder whether Real Page has any intention of keeping Propertyware...or whether they intend to sell it off and focus on their other product....which seems like it might be a better fit for multifamily. But, based on our experience with this company overall...I cannot imagine going through a data conversion only to stay in bed with this horrible excuse for a software as service company.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 06/04/2017
Linnea D.
COO
    2.5 /5
    1.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 09/08/2016

"Didn't work out like planned..."

Pros: The portals (owner & tenant - and being able to login to the portals as the owner/tenant to see what they see), ePayments (the flexibility to have recurring or one-time, the tenant can process them or you can process them in the office), rent and late fees post automatically, recurring payables (you can set them up as paid so you don't have to post payments each month), cloning invoices (never seen this feature before and it is a huge time-saver), scheduled reports (you can send as Excel or PDF), the custom fields (you can pretty much add them anywhere), attaching documents (you can upload docs to just about every page).

Cons: Many of the bells and whistles they sold us on don't work for us. We never used the online application (one of the items we were most excited about) because it did not have an electronic signature so the applicant had to fax that page in. They now offer eSignatures but want an additional $1/unit which would basically double our price. The app that comes with the system is very limited and the new maintenance app is another add-on for an additional $1/unit. Maintenance time can be entered on a work order but it is invoiced one entry at a time instead of creating consolidated invoices (so we don't use it). They say the system handles fiscal months that aren't calendar based but your reporting and budgeting options are limited (the budget and any month based reports only pull calendar month data which makes them useless to us). Any reports you customize have to be customized again in order to "update" the template when they make changes to it which is hugely time consuming (the report defaults to the original report settings). Changes they made to the system affected our mail merge templates resulting in broken links and formatting issues (I have had to re-do most templates twice because of this - again a huge time suck). System glitches or issues (like a problem I have right now with a tenant ledger being out of balance) take months to be resolved once you finally get it escalated to development... and they often close the ticket even when the problem is not resolved so you have to call and spend more time trying to convince them that it is not fixed. The prospect area is incredibly "chunky" and not very helpful. I've yet to find a traffic report so we are using excel. The journal entries leave a lot to be desired- no recurring, can't code to a unit, and you have to book them from either the tenant ledger, owner ledger or bank ledger instead of one centralized place.

• Reviewed on 09/08/2016
Tami J.
Transaction Coordiantor
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2019

"Helpful but costly"

Comments: Propertyware is very helpful to be organized, but time consuming to start out.

Pros: Propertyware is really helpful in keeping notes and work orders organized for multiple rental properties. Some of the features are locked until you do a paid subscription, so you can't really know what you are getting until you pay, but overall it is very helpful. You can keep everything you need for your rentals in one place.

Cons: There is a lot of up front information to input for this to be useful. Every piece of information, invoice, work order, document, everything has to put in before this is really useful and effective.

Hello, Tami -

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Product Marketing,

• Reviewed on 17/05/2019
Christine S.
Broker/Owner
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2017

"Thank you Propertyware!"

Comments: Shout out to the Propertyware team for great customer service this week! We needed a past inspection pulled out of the archives and the team jumped on it and got it to us within 24 hours! Saved us a lot of headaches! Thanks!

Pros: All of it's functionality.

Cons: The email tool could use some work. Simple features like email addresses auto-populating would be very helpful. This seems like some 'low-hanging fruit' that could be done but hasn't been. Even better would be a full email server/platform within the system (but no one on the market offers this). Online application process could be a little more robust.

• Reviewed on 19/01/2017
Rebecca S.
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/06/2016

"Awful, awful, awful"

Comments: I negatively recommend this product- meaning I tell people to use anything EXCEPT them. I hate them. We've used them for 5 years. The software is a joke. At this point, we are so entrenched, I am afraid to switch to a new system, which may be just as bad if not worse. I've been asking for 6 months to get credit card processing turned on. Guess what, still not on. The "sales rep" is supposed to be your point of contact, but they tell you to call support. support tells you to call subscriptions. Subscriptions has a voicemail box no one ever checks or returns calls from. I could indeed write a book, like another review said. The answer to every single support case I have ever submitted is "user error" or "we don't know" or "it's never actually worked the way you say it used to work, it has always worked this way" even though I know it used to do something different or I wouldn't have said anything in the first place! I just changed my prepayment account from pay out to escrow. It backdated! So now I have 5 years worth of owners who have wrong balances. And there is " nothing they can do".

Pros: nothing. Not a single thing.

Cons: tenant ledger- can't read, can't see what is paid and what isn't.
Owner statements- literally NO ONE can figure them out. we had to create a "how to understand your owner statements" pdf to send to owners with their first statements. I've looked through all the options. The one we use is the most simple.
Color scheme- the general color scheme of the entire website is awful. Can't read bills through the "unpaid" watermark that is darker than the actual bill writing.

• Reviewed on 14/06/2016
Benton C.
COO
  • Reviewed on 17/08/2017

"Good software with a lot of good features. Lacks innovation and an open API"

Pros: Revenue generating features
Has everything we need to run our company
Good report system
Has abilty for tenants/owners to make payments
Application screening built in
Listing syndication built in
Owner draws on a mass scale are pretty easy to do
Portals for tenants and owners with communication module

Cons: no open or capable AP
The customer portals are archaic in design and sometimes does not work on mobile phones
Accounting practices are too complicated
Wish it was more open to customization

• Reviewed on 17/08/2017
Mary B.
Property Manager

"Working efficiently"

Comments: As it continue to progress the changes have been very helpful and easier to use

Pros: The call center, I do a couple of test calls through the month during the time that I've had the software and they have awesome customer service not only do they same me time but money as where I have more free time to work on another important things that need my attention.

Cons: $19 credit card fee for customers, I had to get another service for this alternative product

Hi, Mary-

Thank you for taking the time to write us a great review! Can we quote you on your Call Center experience?

Maria M.
PB
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2017

"It's okay"

Comments: I need something easy that will work with QuickBooks and has a double entry type accounting program

Pros: It was the first program we used - it was great at first. They were supposed to help us incorporate QuickBooks into it but that never happened

Cons: That it is not a accounting type program - it goes off line at times that are inconvenient to us because we are in Australia time zone

• Reviewed on 13/10/2017
Karen D.
Office Manager & Property Manager
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2019

"Why Propertyware?"

Comments: I love that the website and software are linked together. It's great for tenants to pay rent and make maintenance requests through the portal as well as owners ability to view reports and make contributions on line.

Pros: Web based so it can be accessed anywhere. Propertyware listens to it's subscribers and definitely seeks to find ways to improve, enhance it's product as well as keeping current with customer wants and needs. The support staff is prompt, happy to help and quick to resolve issues.

Cons: The software is capable of doing so much it's a bit difficult to figure out where to look or even find out the capabilities. Training is in bits and pieces and rather than a start to finish path.

by Propertyware on 03/06/2019

Hi, Karen -

Thanks for taking the time to submit a review. I hope to see you at RealWorld!

Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director of Product Marketing
Realpage

• Reviewed on 29/05/2019
Shenetta M.
Property Manager | Project Management | Realtor
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2019

"Thank You Property Ware"

Comments: It has been positive and helpful in managing properties

Pros: The data is in real time. I like how easy it is to navigate

Cons: need to be able to upload custom forms.

Hello, Shenetta-

Thank you for taking the time to write us a great review! Would you be willing to do a video testimonial for us also?

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Kathy S.
    1.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2016

"WARNING! System has problems and glitches"

Pros: We have several bank accounts for a few owner portfolios and a separate bank account for the management company. Propertyware allows for check payments to default to a specific bank account, which is great; however, the software has a problem and does not consistently default to the correct bank account.

Cons: The support team often sounds like they are reading from a manual and don't have a true understanding of property management and reports. When advising how to perform a task, they often do not understand the multifaceted implications that a credit or debit may have on a tenant or owner account. I have used Real Page products for most of my 30-year property management career. There are other software companies with better products. Propertyware charges extra for maintenance features that other software companies offer as a standard feature. I found this product to be much more expensive than others.

• Reviewed on 11/05/2016
Kendy D.
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2019

"Great Value"

Pros: Good Value for the money. Lots of reports to generate for Owners. Easy to use/understand.

Cons: Speaking to help overseas and not understanding them always. Somewhat cumbersome of a program compared to others . No online rent payments/Tenant portals.

• Reviewed on 26/11/2019
Moira D.
asst property mgr
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2016

"Not user friendly"

Comments: I use propertyware in my position as asst property manager. We have about 50 properties we manage with mixed use - all residential, single family, multi-family, vacation, short term furnished, parking and student housing. Cons: as far as leases and the tenant portal, I didnt find it user friendly from tenants perspective, or ours. We struggled with auto charges, and billing, the owner reports were challenging to customize and the

Pros: We like the app and the maintenance portal for both vendors and tenants, and the website they created was professional. Also the marketing feature saved us alot of time and looked professional. The search feature was very helpful.

Cons: Tenant portal not user friendly to set up (on our end), and we were constantly adjusting auto charges. Owner reports were difficult to customize. Not intuitive to add, create docs or templates or leases.

• Reviewed on 14/10/2016
Amy V.
  • Reviewed on 05/05/2017

"Owner of several apartments and single family houses"

Pros: Propertyware has an amazing customer service department. You call them and someone will ALWAYS be there to support you. The real problem is that PW is so hard to use that you find yourself needing to call in all the time. Propertware also has the ability to run some pretty amazing reports.

Cons: Propertyware is VERY expensive compared to other products. The system is not user friendly and they charge for everything. I switched over to Appfolio and the price was much cheaper. The tenants can all pay online using the Pay Near Me product instead of me paying to scan the checks in through the deposit machine. The overall system is so much easier to use.

• Reviewed on 05/05/2017
Esther S.
Property Manager
Commercial Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/06/2017

"No Customer Support."

Comments: Propertyware does NOT care about individual support for customers. A least not small business customers.

Pros: The software can be self taught and easy easy to follow. The user friendliness is all that this product has offerd.

Cons: No customer support. Two months ago I completed paperwork to upgrade to a "new platform." Nothing had been done. It took a year and a half before over credit card processing changed over. Propertyware also failed to deposit the rents into my bank account. I have asked for help and sent the list of issues and questions and no one responds.

• Reviewed on 09/06/2017
Penny R.
PMIC
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2019

"Propertyware is the worst!"

Comments: Absolutely horrible. Totally regret switching to Propertyware from Appfolio.

Pros: The only thing about the software that is good is the fact that it's legible.

Cons: Propertyware never works correctly. Our company goes months and months (literally) with a nonworking or improperly working product. No matter what the malfunction the answer from support is always, "This will be escalated to development." We constantly have to call and email to receive any kind of response.

• Reviewed on 25/06/2019
Betsy M.
Vice President
    4.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2015

"Good Technical Support Help"

Pros: When I have a need, I get answers from whom ever they have to contact and the staff is always polite

Cons: The system runs slowly at some times of the day. Seems to happen in the afternoon most often

• Reviewed on 08/05/2015
Russ J.
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2013

"Bad customer service. This is not what we signed up for!"

Pros: Sales staff sold us on a lot of great features we were looking for, which in the end didn't exist in the system.

Cons: Every day was a new excuse and a bag full of apologies, but no one ever resolved any of the issues. They just re-routed us to someone else in the organization. They made us do all of our data transfer info on our own which took our company 2 months. Then once we launched, we did not have any support to get us through the issues we ran into. They set us up to fail. They promised the world and delivered poor structure and the worst customer service I have ever dealt with.

• Reviewed on 16/12/2013
Yasir L.
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 05/09/2019

"Investment Properties Owner"

Comments: For what i use it for, is enough. Info is input by my property manager so I just use it to review that info.

Pros: Easy to use with a tab for each section. statements, reports, bills and documents. Basic info is there for me to be able to have an understanding on the performance of my rentals

Cons: Maybe some charts could be useful to get a quick glance at the numbers (income, expenses, multi-year, etc)

• Reviewed on 05/09/2019
Priscilla B.
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2020

"I really regret the day I decided to switch to this software"

Comments: Reports are uncomfortable, clients do not like them. Ugly, not easily read. Poor website function. Too much downtime. Have sometimes received good customer support, but, they have limited hours. Allover zero mark for this software.

Pros: Move-out accounting is easy, not much else is very user-friendly.

Cons: The site is frequently down. For instance, it is 7:30pm on a Friday and not on a date they have scheduled software maintenance. The site encounters an error when I try to pay bills or write checks. Unfortunately, this is the day I pay my owner bills and owner checks. This online program is very unstable. As soon as I transfer my data, I'm outa here ...

• Reviewed on 14/03/2020
Jashan S.
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2016

"Great product!"

Comments: Our originization have been using this since it had become available. Lots of functionalities and not very hard to adapt to. Easily reachable to new hires makes it easy to keep business upkeep.

Pros: Product is efficient and very detailed oriented

Cons: System could use an update when it comes to graphics

• Reviewed on 05/11/2016
Andrew D.
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2013

Comments: Hoffman Realty has used Propertyware for about six years, and we are very happy with the current product. It does everything we want it to do, and we recommend it to others without hesitation. We particularly like the "conversation" feature that allows us to have online chats with our landlords, tenants, and team members. Some of the issues we faced in the early days with this product (stability, lack of customer support, slow access) have been solved since the Real Page folks took over. Today it is a solid property management platform. Propertyware has been quietly improving their product and it stacks up well against all the other providers.

• Reviewed on 29/10/2013