15 years helping Australian businesses

About Dentrix

Manage and grow your business, increase the productivity of your team, and enhance the quality of care you provide to patients.

Learn more about Dentrix

Pros:

User friendly, insurance integration, payment integration.

Cons:

There are a few things that are a bit difficult to figure out.

Dentrix ratings

4.2
4.1
4.2
4.0

8.0/10

Dentrix has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 363 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Dentrix before?

Heather
Heather
Billing and coding specialist in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

A very positive review on Dentrix impact on dental practice management

Comments: Overall, it has been a positive experience using Dentrix. It is very user friendly .The financial tools are very beneficial as well. It is an awesome program to be exact!

Pros:

The most awesome thing about Dentrix that was super convenient was Dentrix ledger, it automatically calculates the insurance benefits and patient responsibility as well as patient bills.

Cons:

Only problem I really encountered was occasional glitches' which slowed things down.

Sally
Office manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Dentrix reliable and easy to learn.

Comments: We have been very happy with Dentrix overall - we have outsourced a few areas but other than that - 35 years and going strong!

Pros:

I have been using Dentrix for 35 years and it has grown with the times and always remained easy to use with regular updates.

Cons:

It would really help to have ortho maximums added/ with insurance codes used. Also if a patient is under 14 auto detect the prophy a child prophy. Fluoride has an age in coverage tables / dentrix should auto detect they do or don’t have coverage.

Paul
owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Customer service is Poor. And expensive.

Comments: They are giving me a pain right now. I have had to upgrade my computers many times to handle their upgrades, and their program is never re written, the program just gets larger each time.

Pros:

very large expensive program, employees find it hard to learn, some even quit. not intuitive. requires a lot of training for new employees.

Cons:

the customer service. they are always sending you offshore, and the techs are not trained. you have to call back a lot to find a competent tech. they don't service you well.For instance, I have called 3 times to upgrade Dentrix software to a more current version. Each time I was told that the person who installs the software has gone home. On Today's call, the person answering the phone said that the installer had gone home. It is the 4th time I have called, and I asked why he has gone home since it is only 2:30 PM in the afternoon. The representative said he only installs Dentrix updates Monday-Thursday 5AM - 2 PM and Fridays 5AM to 1 PM! I am so angry because had any of the other people answering the phones told me this, I would have known when to call back! This is terrible customer service! Do they only have one person installing Dentrix updates? I am so upset that I drove to the office on a day off specifically to install this update, at 2:30 pm AND THE INSTALLER HAS GONE HOME AGAIN! What the heck is going on? I also scheduled a call from the installer and never got a call back. This is really Mickey Mouse for a company that is supposed to be the biggest and the best. I am really beginning to regret working with Dentrix.

Maria Elizabeth
Registered Dental Assistant in US
Medical Practice, 51–200 Employees

User-Friendly Dental Software

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I like mostly the Charting in Dentrix. As a dental assistant of 4 years, it is easy to input the existing restorations, conditions and treatment planning. The graphics of each tooth surfaces are precised. The dental staff as well as the dental provider are comfortable using it.

Cons:

There is nothing I don't like about the product.

Harold
DENTIST in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

poor tech support: poorly trained, outsourced language barrier, read manuals while client holding

Comments: dental practice management.

Pros:

this product requires a steep learning curve; however its features and versatility are very useful

Cons:

20+ year user: Product has gotten more complicated to use. previously globally updated components like DEXIS, now must be updated separately; tech support has degraded; is outsourced and there is a language barrier-30 minutes of formalities before the problem is addressed; wait times are lengthy; tech reads manual on client time while client is holding; techs poorly trained and inexperienced. Dentrix integrated brand name products like: Colgate into RXs and CareCredit in the software without client permission.

Vaibhav
Vaibhav
Clinic Admin in India
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Powerful system to manage clinic operation

Pros:

Scheduling appointment, manageing calender, Dental charting is really nice. Patient Appoitment confirmation feature is good.

Cons:

Communication option like whatsapp integration is not there. We would apprecaite integration with our Xray Imaging software.

Samantha
Insurance Coordinator in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

I use Denrix every day at work and I really enjoy it.

Pros:

I really enjoy that there is so many different areas to explore. If you have any questions customer service is always willing to remote in and help and there are also training videos to watch to help.

Cons:

A few things that can some times become a headache is when say a child parents are separated and they have insurance with both parents you have to add them on the same account instead of keeping every one as an individual like Eaglesoft has it. Another little con I have is that it is kind of hard to email a patient there ledger, if they request. There is a lot of steps.

Belkin

Honest and Best Review

Pros:

I love Dentrix everything about it makes it easy to multitask and be very efficient. It has many features and always coming out with more that helps all users like myself.

Cons:

I LOVE everything about Dentrix. I have no complaints at all.

Jennifer
office manager in US

Dentrix Ease

5.0 last month New

Comments: Wonderful! Would recommend to anyone looking

Pros:

The customer support and the ease f training new employees

Cons:

All the updates and changes, too many monthly

Binh
Binh
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Used everyday in our practice for patient management software

Comments: Overall very please and have been using Dentrix for awhile now.

Pros:

Ease of use. Keeps our records all electronic. Pt scheduling is a breeze. Highly recommend this software.

Cons:

Can be slow at times with our servers. Outdated interface. Can be updated to look a little more modern.

Sumeet
CEO in US

Dentrix

Comments: Overall, Dentrix is overall a great dental management software for the price.

Pros:

The claims/billing management is quite easy to use. User-friendly software and easy to train staff on.

Cons:

The x-ray uploading, loading and transferring. Horrible integration especially where sensitivity and accuracy are so important. There are also issues when you have people with the same name.

JoElle
Dental Hygienist in US
Medical Practice, 2–10 Employees

Great full suite of Dental practice management software.

Comments: I have been working at another dental office recently that doesn’t use Dentrix and I really realize how user friendly Dentrix is and how complete the software feels. It is organized and easy to complete tasks/charting without duplicating efforts. Dentrix just feels like it makes sense to me and it has a professional and updated look. The software I use at the other office is so much harder to use and takes me twice as long to do anything (maybe because I have so much experience using dentrix?). Dentrix is a complete package of features that link together everything in a patient record.

Pros:

The features and ways this software can help manage patient records, appointments, billing, treatment plans, and communications is limitless. I have worked in offices that utilize Dentrix to its fullest and it is a great tool and keeps everyone on the same page in regulates to patients and treatment etc. You can begin using it for a few things and as you get comfortable the features used can expand. It is pretty flexible for using in small offices or larger offices and with proper training it seems to be great in my experience as a hygienist.

Cons:

It can become a mess if employees don’t understand how to utilize the software properly. If patients aren’t scheduled directly from the recall in their chart then they will show up on recall lists and get notified they are due for an appointment or sometimes they can end up with multiple recalls if not managed correctly when scheduling. If treatment plans aren’t input correctly then scheduling and estimates will be inaccurate.

Alexander
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

good if you want headaches all the time

Comments: the rep that sold it to my office misrepresented what options the software came with. we purchased it for around K , then had to purchase licensing for all computers, then had it installed only to find out that it does not come with all the module included and you had to pay extra for the services like ebilling and ecentral (which malfunctions all the time)
the service is horrible, the contact is expensive and does not cover the tech on site. The online support is not bad but not able to solve many issues. The techs that came to the office and set up the whole thing did a terrible job and the software is constantly not working properly. They cam in and set up my whole network and server and none of it works well and consistently. Software is not user friendly and required many hours to get it to work OK. Features like insurances and notes are very hard to set up to where they should be to work well.
They charged money for the file transfer from ACE and that was a complete screw up and we basically had to start from scratch on everything. Took a Year to clean up the mess. If I could do it over again I would steer clear of Dentrix

Pros:

Scheduling is probably the one thing that works ok

Cons:

not user friendly , horrible support, expensive, not all inclusive , constant glitches and crashes

Matt
Front office manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Command center of our practice, has made our lives exponentially easier!

Comments: This functions as our command center for the office, it streamlines documentation, scheduling, collecting payment, confirming appointments, running reports, ect, There is not much that this program does not seem to be able to do.

Pros:

The ease of scheduling, blocking in the schedule, access to patient records, the plethora of informative reports, the easy to use and fairly intuitive layout, customization, The ability to add and edit templates in chart module. I honestly could not imagine running the office without this program. I have had several employees say that they prefer Dentrix over any other practice management software they have used.

Cons:

Sometimes the modules can lag (could be our system as well, but I have a feeling it is the program for the most part), the lack of quick update releases, the lack of adopting and implementing features that have been being asked, recommended, or outright begged for on the Dentrix My voice.

Kenneth
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

The best software for the most sophisticated practices

Comments: Very good. I have had a wonderful experience since 1993 with this program. I install this on all the offices that I work with. You will need training and consulting to get the best of this software, but they have that too.

Pros:

Dentrix has been in this game since the beginning. They are the first Windows based dental office program. Well that's history now. Today they are more advanced and more adept at managing patient details and practice information than any other program. If your staff struggles with this program or if you the doctor have issues, then get training. HSPS offers this too. I won't use anything else. Yes. It has fees and costs. But you get what you pay for.

Cons:

It requires good computers. It requires trained staff. Then with this accomplished your whole office performs much, much better. There's no way to justify a simpler program with less trained people. Why?

Esmeralda

Software

Comments: Overall I find it easy to use. It's the main system I have used and have found it easier to use than other.

Pros:

We have used Dentrix in our office for years. We are currently on G6. Whenever I have an issue or need help I call the Dentrix support and get assistance fast.

Cons:

I do wish I could switch when printing a walkout with dental codes. Patients say they don't need an itemized printout when they use their FSA/HSA cards then they call a few days, weeks or months later staying they need more information. I print out a patient ledger or walkout from the date of payment and the codes can't not be found. It is both frustrating and us and the Patient. Since most of the time their card has been placed on hold.

Sohrab
Owner in US

Amazing software

Comments: It runs my practice, and does everything from the daily schedule, to the patient chart, to the ledger, to the employee time clock.

Pros:

It literally does everything you need to run a small dental practice.

Cons:

It is on the expensive side. It really should be given to Schein customers.

Kaivan

Dentrix review

Comments: The use of it is great. Customer service help has been a nightmare at times.

Pros:

It's complete. The new updates are really good.

Cons:

Can not integrate iPad to sign forms. Customer service quality has declined drastically since the pandemic

Ashley
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

dentrix review

Pros:

Very user friendly. Easy to train no employees on.

Cons:

If i have a large/difficult issue, it can be difficult to get transferred to the right person in customer support to get the help i need.

Cindy
Practice Manager in US

Best Software Ever!

Comments: From AR, Recall, Production and the Practice as a whole we can get anything we need from the software in a matter of minutes.

Pros:

Dentrix is a huge time saver and allows us to treat the most important thing in the dental office, The Patient! We are able to stay on top of the latest technology and when I tell others who are not users, they are very envious. Reports and analytics.

Cons:

The monthly price but you do get a lot for your money.

Shelly
front office administrator in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Dentrix Review

Comments: It's fine.

Pros:

Scheduling and tracking. Well, well, well,

Cons:

That you cannot add more than 2 dental insurance coverages and that you cannot have the subscriber listed without adding in the family file. An old software like Windent had that option and it was great! Windent allowed 4 places to add insurance coverage. We'd like better capabilities to enter plans especially when they have the same group number but different benefit packages. We need more pre-block options for the appointment book / scheduling to template. we have to create an event and that is annoying.

Elissa
Dental Office Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Dentrix is still the best option out there.

Comments: I have been using Dentrix since 1996! It was the best option back then and is STILL the best option now. I would not recommend any other software and I did a lot of research on all the options out there!

Pros:

Scheduling is great. Electronic options work very will. Reports are very informative.

Cons:

I would like more reports and a little more flexibility with reports. For example I would like to save reports directly after generating them and I would also like to further customize additional reports. The customization is still very good as is.

Kristina
Office manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

One of the most efficient dental programs I've ever worked with

Comments: When we have patients waiting to get information from us, we want to make sure that we can give it fast and accurately. I loved that I was able to access most of the tabs/features that I frequently used from any given screen. It saved time and allowed me to give correct information to my patients. Billing and posting payments was a breeze. One of my favorite things was being able to post payment to specific procedures and resubmitting a claim for the unpaid treatment in the same transaction. This was helpful and I didn't have to worry about adding anything to my "to do list". Very efficient.

Pros:

You can access almost every feature that is most commonly used from one screen

Cons:

I used Dentrix or several years and didn't have any cons.

Orlando
BSRDH in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

My experience with Dentrix has being a mixed feelings since is a great software.

Comments: Dental charting is easy, financing and keeping track of your patients.

Pros:

It has many different components from Rx transcripts to regular dental charting. It has also insurance information that allows you to track and see the benefits remaining on their balance etc. Also the dental charting is easy and can be customize to serve your office better.

Cons:

The only problem is since there is many components there is no specific easy way to navigate. There is so many different windows and makes the patient charting hard to navigate or quickly find anything necessary.

Popular Dental Software

Comments: It helps to track your production for the day, week, month. Good for scheduling patients.

Pros:

Dentrix seems to cover the basics of dental practice management. It allows you to schedule, post payments, track production, etc. Many other offices use it so that makes it easy when trying to train someone on the program. Also if you're requesting x-rays from another office that uses Dentrix , it''s an easy interface .

Cons:

It is not as user -friendly as some dental practice management programs are. Not as intuitive as Eaglesoft.