Filter by:

• Overall

About JobBOSS²

We help job shops and manufacturers of all kinds work smarter for improved efficiencies, greater flexibility, and bigger profits.

Learn more about JobBOSS²

Pooja M.
ESTIMATOR in Canada
Furniture, 11-50 Employees

GREAT SOFTWARE To IMPLEMENT FOR MANUFACTURING

5 3 months ago

Pros:

I have been using this software for an year now. Overall, its a well organized software. Software is easy to learn & operate, When you start your career as an Estimator. In the Estimating stage, this software helps to add all the aspects of the job cost interms of material and labour in an organized manner, so all the costs of the job are covered. In the Manufacturing stage, this software helps to track all the time and material of multiple jobs at ease. It was easy to train all the employees the process of scanning time & material. Job Cost Summary : All the Information tracked gives the Actual material & labour that goes into the job and as been very informative and useful in improving the Job pricing process. Overall, this software helps to achieve the target set for the company.

Cons:

I cant really find that is serious & affects the work. But there are a few Cons like : Difficulty in giving access to Inventory stock to certain people. Need ease of designing a report template. There is no option for paid break in the default settings.

Steve C.
Operations Manager in US

Steve Cate

4 9 months ago

Comments: We can quote jobs so fast with E2 it has become the way we control the pace of our business. If we want to be busier we submit a quote within hours of the RFQ. If we are too busy we take longer to submit quotes. It also helps a lot with scheduling but scheduling is the most difficult function to use.

Pros:

Ease of use and good tech support. Very similar to quickbooks

Cons:

When allocating stock to jobs, unless it was purchased specifically for that job, it is a bit cumbersome so we had a custom report written to allow the tag number of the inventory to be scanned.

Alternatives Considered: Global Shop Solutions and Shop Boss

Reasons for Choosing JobBOSS²: JobBOss tech support was terrible and they were very expensive to add data collection modules.

Reasons for Switching to JobBOSS²: Tech support's demo of the product

Would recommend!

5 8 months ago

Comments: I'm very happy with this system and would recommend.

Pros:

I think what drew us to this ERP system from the start is the aesthetics. It's got a great color scheme and easy to find your way around the system with the color coded sections and icons. A close second is the flexibility you have with E2. You can pretty easily undo mistakes and recreate packing slips, invoices, etc.

Cons:

I want to be able to customize the reports more easily. I don't know how to use their Report Designer and it's not easily self-taught.

Laurence S.
Owner in US
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Everything you ever NEEDED to know

4 2 years ago

Comments: E2 manages ALL your data from your shop floor through your bookkeeping. The reports have always been the best selling point. Even sorting data becomes easy with the various export methods. You can quickly transfer the report dat to say excell and then again manipulate and massage as need for even more insight. I have always (and will continue to) recommend this sofware to other owners.

Pros:

This software has the ability to organize your business workings into manageable reports. Reports that you can tailor to you specific needs. The more you follow the simple rules of E2, the more benefits it can deliver. In my own business no two jobs are alike and no procedures for the jobs are identical yet E2 understands this principle and manages to sort data in such a clear manner as to help you with decisions going forward on all future work. I cannot give a higher recommendation on any other similar system.

Cons:

1.) I wish I could control the "Markup Pct." column in the General Tab when entering parts. I feel this item should have strict control - administrator only! Any of my people entering a part has the ability to change this percentage at will. Many an argument has resulted from my becoming aware of someone making an adjustment to this column, I wish I could lock it! 2.) When processing a return, it writes back to the original Order and amends it. Now the "Order Total" changes. It should not change. The order total should still match the customer P.O. total. The simple code should be that the (Qty Ordered) X (Unit Price) goes to make up the (Order Total) UNLESS there is something in the 'Master Job Number' column. In this manner the customers P.O. amount would still match up to the Order Total

Edward Y.
IT Manager in US
Aviation & Aerospace, 51-200 Employees

E2

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall experience with the personal at Shoptech. From the support to team to the sales team. All are knowledgeable.

Pros:

The versatility, working with the custom development team and being able to get features that aren't out of the box. From the end users perspective it's easy to use.

Cons:

I have no complaints at this time. Very pleased with the product.

John K.
Q.A. / General Manager in US
Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 Employees

Necessary tool for manufacturing shop

5 3 years ago

Comments: We need a system that could fulfill our shop needs.
E2 Shop System is user-friendly while providing multiple functions to our shop.
it really helps ensuring traceability especially when our shop requires AS9100 standard.
If and when E2 system have some glitches, customer service are always easy to reach and can resolve issues remotely.

Pros:

The thing our shop like most about this software is the ease of use. Unlike other system (such as Oracle), new users can pick up the basic functions within a week, with ease. For example, a newly hired purchaser can create a PO easily within first couple days. All the PO requirements can be pulled up merely by searching with job number or part number. This shop system is ideal for shops like us that do not have 3 months training period just for understanding and/or using shop software. This also increase the work efficiency of employees.

Cons:

In the summary sections (order summary, purchasing summary, inventory summary), we wish there are more output options we can select. Example a chart that can conclude summary would be a very nice addition. This can visualize our shop trend and would be a great input to management meetings.

Carlos S.
General Manager in US
Oil & Energy, 11-50 Employees

Outstanding Software - Outstanding Service

5 2 years ago

Comments: We have been a long time customer and have been very pleased with the software and the incredible support all along the way. Whether it was during implementation or random questions that come up from time to time, E2 has always been there for us.

Pros:

E2 is very intuitive and easy to use. Once you become familiar with how it works and what it can do for you, it becomes a VERY powerful tool to help you run your shop/operation. We like the fact that we can incorporate data collection to help us track times and jobs in process. The ability to generate quotes, routers, purchase orders, and packing slips, makes it a simple and robust solution for us. The Quickbooks interface is also very helpful as that is what we use on the accounting side.

Cons:

There is not anything I like the least about E2....implementation does take some time so that requires patience but once things are in place things work great. Only other thing I would change is being able to place an order for the same material size but different lengths on the same PO on different line items.

Dave H.
Operations Manager in US

E2 on premise vs cloud based review

4 2 years ago

Comments: I am a daily E2 admin/user and have been using the E2 On Premise version 15 years. We converted over to the Cloud based version a couple months ago so I'm still discovering.

Pros:

Cloud based - access the software from anywhere. Administrator's ability to allow knowledgeable users to customize their own reports.

Cons:

I'm not fond of the fees being based on data collection users. I a plant like ours that can vary and if you hit the threshold of DC users you have to purchase more or play games with your existing DC users. Although all the information from the on premise version is included in the cloud version the navigation on the Cloud based system takes a bit of getting used to. It also seems that extra mouse clicks are required on the cloud version versus the On Premise. Some of the shortcuts are not available on the Cloud version (or at least I haven't found them yet) that used to save me time from bouncing around different screens/menus. Not show stoppers by any means..

Mike S.
Tooling Manager in US
Machinery, 11-50 Employees

How did I do it before E2?

5 2 years ago

Comments: E2 has been superb at streamlining our quoting process. I've been using E2 for 14 years and don't know how I did it before E2!

Pros:

E2 software makes it so easy and quick to review data on jobs. i know in an instant if there is a problem with WIP. It keeps the organization on track and has helped in the ISO and IATF audits.

Cons:

It would be nice to have the ability to open a Purchase Order and Receiver at the same time.

David F.
Quality Systems Manager in US

Solid ERP System

5 2 years ago

Comments: We do not utilize JobBoss to it's full potential and are currently exploring ways to utilize more of the benefits provided. It does help create meaningful process instructions that helps the manufacturing process flow more smoothly. It helps track shipments and OTD which is beneficial to our organization.

Pros:

JobBoss is a great system for integrating all aspects of manufacturing industries. We use it to generate shop travelers, create purchase orders and oversee outside processes. It gathers data from all areas of the organization and presents it in an understandable and insightful format.

Cons:

My one compliant is the inability to delete old/obsolete data. We have a lot of obsolete raw materials in the system that have not been used in years, but since they have been used in previous records, it cannot be removed. This makes it difficult to set up a new numbering/coding system because the user has to work around obsolete/redundant data.

Gerry T.
Chief Operating Officer in US

Product Review

4 2 years ago

Comments: All in all, It was a good move to E2.

Pros:

How fast it was up and running. E2 is faster on getting jobs out to the shop. And it takes a lot less time to do the billing and sending out invoices. The Purchasing Auto ordering is great. I like that it is not a Cloud Base software, If it was, I most likely would of not picked E2.

Cons:

The bringing over of information from our old system to the new one. It would of been better just putting in the information as we needed. It would be nice if it was able to keep track of employee vacation time. The time clock for the Employees clocking in should be on the main frame clock, Not the PC's clock in the shop. When someone is late, they are changing the PC's Clock and punching in on time then changing the clock back to the real time.

Barbara jean B.
bookkeeper in Canada

E2 Review

4 3 years ago

Pros:

The overall system is very easy to adapt to. This year I was happy to find out that I can enter a journal entry into the system, say for eg; monthly insurance and can copy the entry and enter it the next month and not have to enter the entire journal just change the date. Yes it seems like a small task but if you have more then 10 recurring journal entries, it saves a lot of time not have to enter the same information each month.

Cons:

What I dislike most about the software is that if I have to enter accounts payable or receivable invoices for the same company, especially accounts payable, I could have ten invoices from one supplier. I have to enter each invoice for that company name each time. It been nice if there was a way to select the suppliers name and then just enter the invoices.

Bernard S.
President in
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 Employees

Best investment I've made in 25 year of Manufacturing.

5 5 years ago

Comments: I own a small machine shop in Southern California and was using another product for a couple of years back in the early 1990's. I switched to Jobboss in the late 1990's and have never looked back. It is the complete package from quoting to job entry, purchasing, receivables and payables and job tracking. Most of my jobs are repeat orders and it's so easy to copy the information from the past time I ran the job to the new order. It populates the part number, description, revision, price, drawing number, operations and outside services and also the purchase history and material needs for the order. All you need to do is check the revision, price, quantity and enter the delivery date and it was done. Its a time saver when you can see what size, price and quantity of material as well as the vendor and create a purchase order for that from the Job Entry screen.

Pros:

Ease of use and savings in time with regards to purchasing and costing jobs.

Cons:

No complaints

Cheryl R.
Purchasing Manager in
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 Employees

JOBBoss programming

5 5 years ago

Comments: I have worked on many different MRP/ERP systems over the years and was previously used to automated material planning. In moving to a small company that had been using jobboss for a couple years I was original skeptical -- but have come to like it for the capabilities it has relative to the low cost of acquisition.

Pros:

Ease of making changes and acquiring data through either crystal reports or jobboss reports

Cons:

I don't like that the router template information doesn't update live when descriptions, costs or other info is updated in other portions of the programs.

John L.
Engineer in
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 2-10 Employees

Overall, a good ERP/MRP package

4 3 years ago

Comments: Overall, Shoptech has been frustrating to work with. It has felt as if once they had my money they no longer had an obligation to provide service. Quick to ask for opinions but little to no action on problem spots. "Suggest it to the community." is a frequent response, or "We can quote that feature for you." Quite frankly, it's less frustrating to not deal with them and figure everything thing out on our own, which is probably the way they want it. Most help is achieved by contacting fellow users who have also struggled with the same or similar problems. Despite all this, Shoptech is still helpful in our day-to-day operations and aside from server issues, our employees seldom see the office related problems.

Pros:

Relatively easy to set up and use. Consistent user interface across modules. Web based interface.

Cons:

Antiquated and proprietary form builder. EVERYTHING is a special request and quoted. Customer service is a convoluted mess and quick to point the finger at other departments. Frequent server issues. Take your money and run attitude.

Jenny M.
OFFICE MANAGER in US

CUTOMER REVIEW

5 2 years ago

Comments: Great, nothing to grip about other than when you put pieces into inventory the amount you are entering comes out one line item down, this didn't use to happen in the beginning but I'm sure there is a reason for it, I just don't know what it is.

Pros:

I personally like all of E2 and what it has to offer. It is great as a package with little to no bad aspects.

Cons:

I have a little trouble with prepayments but that is mainly because in 10 years I have only used it twice so not much of a chance to learn and retain. I think we could use it even better but I can't get these guys to go with the system and change their ways. :-) I don't like filling out your form and then not being able to send it but that has to do with Capterra.

Rich T.
President in US
Aviation & Aerospace, 2-10 Employees

Great ERP

4 2 years ago

Comments: Implementing E2 Shop filled some of the gaps in our work flow and made the transition to our quality certification much easier by consolidating several of the record keeping and reporting in a central location.

Pros:

The cloud base platform is a significant improvement from the local-hosted version. They also have fantastic technical support. The interface is very intuitive and easy to learn even for first time ERP users.

Cons:

The ability to navigate database as a tables, sort and customize columns for quick viewing is missing. An option to pull as report is available but adds a few extra steps. The scheduling module is very rigid and does not have much options for customization.

Nj G.
Vice President in US
Aviation & Aerospace, 11-50 Employees

Great for tracking job costs!

4 2 years ago

Pros:

Allowed traceability for job costing, I was finally able to see if I was actually making money on jobs rather than just knowing there was money in the checking account at the end of the month.

Cons:

If you don't purchase all of the modules together and just add on as you need them and certain fields in the main program are not used properly it takes a lot to implement the new modules, particularly the scheduling module.

Kevin H.
Manager in
Mining & Metals, 11-50 Employees

Entry level manufacturing software for shops willing to change to fit their ERP

3 4 years ago

Comments: It's not that our sales volume has outgrown JobBoss, but our processes have. The lack of flexibility and customization are forcing us to work outside of JobBoss (e.g. custom software). The more that happens, the more obvious it is that JobBoss isn't right for us. I always consider JobBoss as a first source for our processes. Most of the time it can do something similar to what we want, but we would have to make serious concessions to make it fit. Ps. Stop sending "Important JobBoss Updates" that are primarily selling custom utilities.

Pros:

In general, it's easy to use. Each module has similar buttons and interfaces. I think the AR/AP modules work well since it's not the primary focus of the software.

Cons:

Quote entry has extremely limited ability to adjust margins (it can do it, but it's not easy). Adjusting margins are key for job shop environments. After speaking with support about my needs, they told me to quote outside of the system. Which means, I was literally told not to use your product. Legacy fields get stuck in the system. There's a lot of clutter in our system because we need to change user defined fields but they're not available in the find/replace utility. Scheduler is very poor. Difficult to use, glitchy. Doesn't (automatically) schedule for available labor resources, which is a huge part of a job shop environment. Reviewing scheduling during quoting doesn't account for current back load (or didn't at the time we last considered it). The recent "facelift" was atrocious. It's actually a huge deterrent to updating versions. What benefit is this facelift to me? My perception is that there will be no feature additions to the core product. Any improvements come in the form of custom utilities with additional cost.

William B.
Mechanical Engineer in
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees

Archaic & Tedious

1 5 years ago

Comments: Archaic and Tedious is exactly how I would describe Exact JobBoss. There are significant limitations in the software to consider up front. Part numbers are limited to 30 Characters. Drawing numbers are limited to 16 characters. General Description field is limited to 30 characters. Their answer to this is to provide an extended description dialog box. But you can not see the value of extended description in any sort of list view, therefore you can not see the complete description of your materials or parts anyplace until you generate quote document, or purchase order document, or a report. The general Description field will clip your description. It will let you enter more than 30 characters. But if you save and exit, then open the same quote it will have clipped the description to 30 characters. The UI is not user-friendly despite other reviews. I seriously doubt they have conducted usability and ergonomics studies with actual customers. It is very easy to get off track and be very disorganized with materials. Where it should have a good predefined material structure. The reporting side is very limited unless you are familiar with programming Crystal reports yourself. If you are building a product structure where multiple components use the same material, there is no way to add the same material to multiple components at once. You can copy material from one component to another, however, you cannot copy just a single material. For example, the component that I am copying from may have 5 materials in it. I have to copy all 5 materials into the target component then delete the materials I don't want in it. Same way with copying routings. A tech support rep argued this with me via email. To convince him I was correct and it was not possible I had to take a video of my screen attempting to copy one material and send that to him. Only then did he come off his position that it was possible. I can not see both the routings of a component and the materials of a component at the same time. They are two separate view windows you have to click back and forth in. Likewise, you cannot see the materials in multiple components at once. You have to click back and forth between the components you are interested in. If they rearranged their UI you could do some of these things, because there is plenty of room on your average size monitor screen. I have a 24" monitor and at a comfortable resolution, JobBoss is really only utilizing about 50% of my display space with actual pertinent information and controls. It's very easy to accidentally delete things and there are not many places where you can Undo, so if you accidentally delete something you are SOL. There is no way to add additional custom properties to a component. For example, I can not have Customer Part # and Our Part#. There are unforeseen nuances as well with formatting as well. If you enter a value in Vendor Reference field or Detail Number, then it overwrites the space for Extended Description on our Purchase Orders with Vendor Reference or Detail Number instead. You can not delete a material that has been used in a job. Unfortunately, we have a terrible material database with poorly named materials. We would like to replace the badly named materials with new materials that make more sense. But there is no good way to do this. Once a material has been used, closed, or scheduled it can not be deleted. It can only be inactivated. But what I want to do is replace it completely. Now they will say that they have a replace functionality, but it is really a rename functionality. But you can only rename one material at a time. So it's not really a replace function. Lastly, if you have limited seats you can set a user sign out after a period of time. However, I have found that if you walk away and have not saved your quote or job and it auto signs you out, it DOES NOT always save it for you. So you may lose work that you have done since last save.

Pros:

It has quoting, materials, costing, and scheduling, and job status capabilities.

Cons:

Sadly the UI is severely lacking. And it seems not much thought is given to usability and efficiency.

Grant N.

EXCELLENT SOFTWARE

5 2 years ago

Comments: We are solving our issues with our quoting with E2. Before we did all of our quoting on paper and we are starting to use the routing and estimation now to help find the costs of our products.

Pros:

This software has helped us tremendously in our manufacturing business. Whether its quoting or purchasing this system helps us stay organized. This system has helped us be competitive in the industry. This software helps things run smoothly in our job shot.

Cons:

There really isn't anything that we do not like about this system. It can be tough searching for a part number because its very sensitive when it comes to spaces or hyphens etc. But its a really great system.

Joe S.
Vice President in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 Employees

Qualitask - Job Shop Review

4 last year

Pros:

-Software is fairly easy to use. -Modules help keep track of customer orders and any related processes for each order. -Can be used on any computer with web access. -Job travelers make it clear for the Production Team.

Cons:

-Would be nice to have a built-in follow-up reminder to add to Outlook Calendar for Purchase Orders -The flexibility to customize is not as easy -Some of the reports and forms are overloaded with information, and to customize requires payment. There should be some basic customization included for reports/forms based on the information that E2 has gathered from all of its customers.

Shawn B.
Owner / Machinist in US
Machinery, Self Employed

Not sure what I'd do without E2

5 2 years ago

Comments: E2 was very helpful in getting me up to speed with the software. The implementation specialist along with online tutorials make for a smooth entry. Also, the support team is great. Anytime I needed help customizing or modifying something, they were on it. I am very happy with the performance and constant improvements to the software. I simply don't know how I would manage without E2 in my shop.

Pros:

As a one man machine shop, I would spend an absurd amount of time entering data. When I sat to quote a job id enter all of the data. I'd then re-enter it all to a job list again to a job traveler, then to the packing list and any other documents along the way. Now I enter details once and everything flows simply, every step of the way.

Cons:

I cant think of anything I would change at the moment.

Cheryl G.
COO in
Aviation & Aerospace, 11-50 Employees

Great Software!

5 5 years ago

Comments: I have used E2 Shop Control software at multiple companies. It is versatile for different types of companies. It is intuitive and easy to use. The icons on the home screen layout the processes and make the software easy to understand with minimal training. I love having one program which encompasses all processes and data, eliminating the need to re-enter information into multiple systems. This prevents mistakes too!

Pros:

Shoptech's customer support is second to none. Every time I have a question or concern, any technical support rep that answers the phone is immediately able to help me and walk me through exactly what I need to do to fix my issue.

Deanna D.
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees

Nineteen Years of Exceptional Service

5 5 years ago

Comments: We have been using E2 since 1997. The software is very user friendly and easy to learn. The customer support team is friendly and takes care of any issues with the first phone call 99% of the time. The sales staff calls/emails several times a year to make sure we aren't having any problems and to see if we need anything. They are not one of those companies that just sell you a product and then you never hear from them again. We have referred many companies we work with to them and the ones that purchased E2 really love the software. From the product, to customer service, to support E2 is a top notch company!

Pros:

Easy to learn and use Customer support is top notch

Cons:

Having to type the exact nickname to find customer/vendor, etc.