• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.7 /5

About Volley

Fast track design review with quick, visual feedback that gets everyone on the same page.

Learn more about Volley

Andrey K.
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2021

"Good UI/UX, missing a few features"

Comments: I think the process with volley could still be improved, but the software overall is nice

Pros: The UI/UX is very good and pleasant to use.

Cons: Missing the feature to organize and easily share results (send links)

• Reviewed on 27/02/2021
Ben O.
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2021

"A powerful design feedback tool"

Comments: Really good, there are a few client feedback tools in the space and really Volley is the simplest to use. I'm happy with Volley as is, and with forthcoming developments I expect it to become an ever more capable tool.

Pros: Simple solution to getting in browser feedback from clients on webdesign, UX and UI

Cons: Currently, the app uses a chrome extension, this creates a point of friction/resistance for users. Volley are working on a completely browser-based "widget" to solve this issue. At which stage Volley will be even more awesome.

• Reviewed on 26/02/2021
Serita G.
Founder | Cheif Strategist
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2021

"Must Have Workflow Product"

Pros: Volly makes it extremely easy to monitor and request specific feedback virtually.

Cons: I'd love if in the future I could use this product for video content reviews. It would indeed be a game-changer .

• Reviewed on 21/02/2021
Michelle U.
Art Director
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"Great in concept! Could use some more features"

Comments: Generally positive, really nice to have the added visual element, but the lack of functionality for ticket organization and tracking is a big setback to me. We traditionally use Trello and tried out Volley for a specific project because the dev team already used it. I think in the future I would stick with trello just because it's much easier to organize.

Pros: I love that the tickets automatically generate a screenshot of the issue and link to that page of the site. I also like that you can draw, attach files, and comment anywhere on the screen.

Cons: One issue for me is the lack of organizational options and ticket management beyond "resolved" and "unresolved." I think there's a functional need to add categorization options so that tickets can be files as to do, in progress, ready for QA, opened, etc. Also, it would be nice if there was tagging and search functionality in the tickets aside from viewing them either oldest or newest first. It would make it much easier to keep track of the tickets

by Volley on 17/02/2021

Thanks so much for the detailed review, Michelle. We're happy to hear you are enjoying Volley's core functionality.

I love your thoughts about note labels. This is definatley something we plan to explore and a natural next step in terms of features :)

Happy Volleying!

Rob M.
Marketing Manager
Retail, 51-200 Employees

"Very handy tool"

Comments: Volley has definitely allowed us to streamline the development of our website and we will now consider the tool in other aspects on future projects.

Pros: Volley has been well thought out with regards to its functionality and simplicity of use. I've personally implemented Volley as a way to report bugs and styling issues in a beta website that I'm outsourcing. Volley allows me to pin the issues on the staging site to give feedback to my developers for changes needed.

Cons: It would be handy if Volley also included the URL of the specific webpage that I'm on when capturing a screenshot. As a workaround, I just copy the URL and paste it at the bottom of my comment but it'd be neat to have an "Include URL" tickbox.

by Volley on 16/02/2021

Thanks so much for the review Rob.

I'm excited to let you know that we actually do include the URL from the webpage where your note was capturred. You can click "Details" just below the note text to see the URL. Here's a quick video explaining:

Thanks again and have a wonderful day.

Bryan L.
Co-Founder
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"Great Product, Excited to see its future"

Pros: Streamlines design process in a new approach

Cons: This is a new product to the game. Designers will be skeptical of completely switching to using it full time if it's uncertain how long it will be around.

Usman S.
Web Developer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

"Easy to use"

Comments: The overall experience is good

Pros: I like almost every feature. It's easy to use and easy to navigate. I am using this as a user and with my client to keep him updated on projects I am working on.

Cons: The user interface will be needs some cool and attractive color scheming other than that its fine.

Art Director
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/02/2021

"Time saving tool"

Comments: It's easy to use and I really like the minimal interface.

Pros: Everyone involved in developing a digital product spends countless hours implementing feedback comments after the first prototype is launched. This tool just cuts in half the time because you will stop guessing what the person on the other side of the screen meant to say.

Cons: Not all clients are tech-savvy and installing a browser extension could be a daunting task.

• Reviewed on 23/02/2021
Heather S.
Marketing Manager
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"Easy website markup for team"

Pros: I liked the functionality to add comments to a website page to share with my developer.

Cons: It was difficult at first to learn how to turn the commenting on and off on a website page.

Raúl P.
Marketer
Accounting, 501-1,000 Employees

"Not bad"

Pros: It's coool and helps me in my daily tasks

Cons: It's slow and I would prefer to have better ui

Travis P.
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"So easy and so much more efficient!"

Comments: So we made the decision to try Volley after struggling with an inefficient workflow for review and critique, as well as client design requests. We implemented this tool into our workflow and it has made life so much easier. We now use it for every project!

Pros: This has made our workflow for design review and client change requests a breeze! We are no longer bogged down by emails that are wordy and yet still do not paint the proper picture of a change. This allows a very precise way for the client or reviewer to take a snapshot of the area and mark it up with feedback.

Cons: The only thing I think that may be an issue for certain clients is the chrome requirement, but otherwise I love it.

Lucia U.
Creative Director
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"Game changing during COVID"

Pros: I love using Volley as a collaboration tool with front-end engineers and UI/UX developers at my organization. Our product is very robust and enterprise, and Volley allows me to identify areas in our platform that need fixing, and screenshots the browser window letting my developers know exactly where they can find the issue. It creates a great backlog of design items they can get to when they have time. It's also very beneficial when we're working on building a feature, as a way to capture design QA.

Cons: My only complaint is that I feel like I have to continually sign in because it keeps logging me out.

by Volley on 17/02/2021

We're so appriciative of your review Lucia

Im overjoyed to hear that Volley has been helpful for you during this time where remote work is the norm.

Sounds like you are using Voley in every single way in which it was designed to be use. You are a star player :)

Have a wonderful day.

Chirag P.
Online Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"Effortless interaction with Team"

Comments: Volley is great tool and it is saving our precious time in conveying the design / development feedback to development team.

Pros: the integration part is the best. I can send each note to Trello where my designer / developer can view the notes and work accordingly.

Cons: All notes should be exported in form of PDF.

Thanks for the review Chirag,

We're so happy you are enjoying the integrations feature. I agree, PDF would be extreamly nice. We plan to look into this.

Luke D.
HR
Construction, 51-200 Employees

"Easy to use"

Comments: The best thing i have ever worked with.

Pros: How easy it is to work with and specially being the 1st time ever using the product went smoothly.

Cons: Nothing it was terrific. There is no cons it's just terrific and easy to use.

by Volley on 15/02/2021

Thank you so much for your review, Luke. We're so happy that getting started with Volley was easy for you. We've worked hard to make the onboarding as seamless as possible.

Paul C.
Lead Product Designer
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2021

"Easy to use and get participation from others"

Comments: Reduction with the time it takes to review interfaces, allows us to action issues faster too.

Pros: Simple, it doesn't try to do too many things. The free tier is great to try it out. I found it better value than other similar tools if you just need the basics.

Cons: The ability to upload additional screenshots to a message thread to visually show changes or related changes.

by Volley on 16/02/2021

Hi Paul, thanks so much for the review. We're excitid that Volley is fitting the bill for Silverstripe.

In regards to your note about adding attachments to a thread, we actually do support this! You can even paste in attachments from design tools like SKETCH and Adobe XD.

Here's a quick video I made for you explaining:

Mathias H.
CTO
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees

"A huge timesaver"

Comments: I am a huge fan of this tool - and so are my developers. Compared to our old workflow, where I was manually adding my notes on screenshots in Photoshop, before uploading them as comments in Jira, Volley let me create feedback of the same quality in a matter of seconds.

Pros: I like the fact that Volley is extremely easy to use and save me a ton of time when giving feedback to our frontend developers.

Cons: The extension requires you to re-login quite often, which is a bit cumbersome since my password manager doesn't work with the Chrome extension.

Laura P.
Sr. Marketing Strategist
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2021

"Timesaver"

Comments: Using Volley significantly reduces the amount of time and confusion when communicating changes from my clients to the development team!

Pros: The ability to make comments on the functional website is beyond amazing and such a timesaver in relaying changes from my client to the development team. The new feature of allowing screenshots to be pasted into the comment is very nice because I can screenshot how I am seeing it on my end due to differences in screen size/resolution and paste it with the comment.

Cons: Sometimes when there is a pop out menu / overlay when you go to make a comment it closes the pop out and I am unable to make a comment on it so I have to make a comment on the button to pop out.

by Volley on 22/02/2021

Thanks for the review Laura,
We're happy Volley is saving you time. Great catch re the popups, we'll look into this right away.

• Reviewed on 19/02/2021
Mike A.
Freelancer
Design, Self Employed

"Game Changer"

Pros: This has made it so much easier to keep projects streamlined and on time. It has been a game changer when it comes to keeping everyone on the same page. Don't know how I managed without it and now use it on all projects.

Cons: A bit tricky getting clients to install the browser plugin and would be better if they did not have to setup their own account (which is free) My understanding is that these changes are on their way :-)

Jacob W.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Industrial Automation, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"Volley is a great way to visually communicate with a team."

Comments: This application allows our team to communicate about website changes without the need for an in-person meeting. It also eliminates the need for multiple screen-shot images which can be cumbersome when attempting to comment on multiple elements of our website.

Pros: I like the built-in arrows and drawing tools. Using Volley's drag and drop arrows is much more precise than drawing a scribbly arrow on a screenshot in MS Paint.

Cons: Getting started took me a few minutes to figure out, but after watching the video I was able to get going.

Thanks for th ereview Jacob,

We're happy to hear thet you are enjoying the draw tools. Sometimes a comment just wont cut it :)

Campbell K.
content creator
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees

"Does a good job"

Comments: easy to use

Pros: Very easy to use and intuitive for design.

Cons: not much. I liked most of the features..

by Volley on 17/02/2021

Thanks for the kind words about Volley Campbell!

Cory C.
Marketing Director
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2021

"Has Potential But Not Good for Big Projects"

Pros: Easy to use, anyone can hop on and start assigning tickets

Cons: Lacks any type of organization features. When you have projects with more than 20 tickets, there is no way to sort items such as priority, pending, ready for review. Becomes hard to manage large volumes of tickets

Matthew J.
Freelance Digital Marketer
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 24/02/2021

"One of the easiest collaborative solutions on the market"

Pros: The UI and UX of Volley is among the absolute best. The attention to detail is outstanding and you can tell they take themselves and their product very seriously. That pours into the product itself. It's extremely easy to use, very intuitive, and a massive time saver. The ability to allow clients and team members to quickly mark up a project and provide feedback as seamlessly as Volley has only increased my authority in the space.

Cons: This is a bit cliche, but not many really. I wish there were a few more options regarding the tools available to provide feedback and annotation, but that's really it, the actual platform is amazing.

• Reviewed on 24/02/2021
Leonardo S.
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"Easy to use tool that you need!"

Pros: If you do some form of design for clients, you need this tool. Volley is super easy to use, and will empower you with the capability to share feedback between and your clients easily. The problem with most tools like Volley, is that they require some back and forth, sometimes plugins, and things that will make harder for the stakeholders to actually use the tool. Just get this, it's cheap and easy to use

Cons: Can't say anything negative about it, we found out that the app is really easy to use and accomplishes what we need for our workflow.

by Volley on 22/02/2021

Thanks for the review Leonardo,
We're so happy to hear that Volley has been a good fit for your current workflow.

Chava B.
In-house copywriter
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"Website editing made easy!"

Pros: Volley was a dream come true for me as a copywriter. Toggling back and forth between the current version of the copy and my edits/suggestions became a thing of the past. Thanks to Volley, I could quickly and easily scroll through the pages in progress and suggest changes. What a time saver and headache reducer!

Cons: Of course, as with every new software, there's always a learning curve. But I'm confident that this tool will prove itself as having been worth my while.

Nicole C.
Account Manager

"Makes QC So Easy!"

Pros: I love how easy Volley is to use. Our team is easily able to convey website edits that are needed to the development team. We were previously using Google Sheets to track edits and added screenshots, but with Volley it makes it so much easier to list and point out changes needed.

Cons: I cannot think of anything that I don't like.

by Volley on 15/02/2021

Thanks so much for the review, Nicole.

We're so happy to hear that Volley has made it quicker for you to convey website changes to your team. This is exactly what we designed Volley to do :)