15 years helping Australian businesses

Google Calendar Reviews

4.8 (3,157) Write a Review!

About Google Calendar

Google Calendar is a scheduling solution that helps users create shareable calendars and schedule team meetings or events.

Learn more about Google Calendar

Pros:

I like that you can create several calendars for different purposes. I created customer support calendar on Google Calendar while my personal calendar is not messed up.

Cons:

When creating an event on the web version, if you accidentally click elsewhere, the event creation pop-up disappears, along with the info you've already put in.

Google Calendar ratings

4.7
4.4
4.7
4.8

9.3/10

Google Calendar has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 3,157 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Google Calendar before?

Filter reviews (3,157)

Maribel
Maribel
Community Manager in Ecuador
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Remembering with Google Calendar

Comments: Google Calendar has assisted me with remaining incredibly coordinated in all areas of my life.
It is easy to utilize and outwardly engaging. This instrument makes it simple to organize gatherings with colleagues, plan occasions, and even add errands for every day.
I will keep on utilizing this apparatus both for expert and individual association.
I love that an off site getting unites the guide as it's image, or now and again a genuine image of the area.
I use Google Calendar for individual and business utilizes.

Pros:

Google has made it so natural to oversee even the most active schedules. The offer element permits numerous individuals to have concurrent access, which is helpful now much more than before with colleagues working from an assortment of areas. Changes to the schedule are done continuously, so next to zero postponement in is having the option to plan and affirm arrangements. It permits me to set up numerous different schedules on similar records. With this element, we have had the option to set up altered schedules for each common task, which permits us to just impart them to individuals from those groups. We are accordingly ready to follow the action of all colleagues cooperating on those activities. It is essentially the simplest to utilize project the executives instrument.

Cons:

There isn't a lot dislike about Google Calendars. On the off chance that I had one analysis it would be of duplication Calendars and Holidays. I'd very much want to see some "shrewd sifting' actually intending that assuming you as of now have Birthdays turned on in one of your schedules, on the off chance that you have another schedule, or imparted schedule to a similar data it frequently appears as a copy. In all decency, its generally a client arrangement issue, you can undoubtedly flip off occasions or birthday events in schedules yet there must be google brainiac that could work on the interaction.

Kayla
Speech and Communication Coach in Spain
E-Learning, Self Employed

My business wouldn't function without Google Calendar

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: This is the most essential tool for working effectively as a solopreneur with clients from all over the globe. I would have lost countless clients, time, and money due to scheduling mishaps over the years if it weren't for Google Calendar.

Pros:

Everything is instantly integrated, updated, and synced to take into account my availability, scheduling preferences, and time zone. When working with international clients I never have scheduling misunderstandings, something that happened to me frequently before switching to Google Calendar.

Cons:

I wish that the bookable appointment scheduler could automatically connect with Zoom easily to have the links provided to those who book upon scheduling.

nguessan valery
nguessan valery
Property Seller in Côte d’Ivoire
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

A tool for planning your time

Comments: Calendar is a useful tool. You can save certain important events by noting them on specific dates. It's also very useful as a reminder, to avoid missing appointments. My problem with this app is that I find it intrusive into my data, reminding me that it was designed by Google

Pros:

I only use it on my phone. I know it integrates well with Google Meet or Workspace, but I haven't tested it yet. It's a pretty useful tool. It allows me to save dates and important events. I also like the fact that you can share events with other people. The feature I use most often is the reminder. It ensures that I don't miss my appointments. It's easy to configure and simple to use

Cons:

The birthdays of some of my contacts on Facebook and in my address book ended up in the app without my consent. Google has shown me that it has no respect for the privacy of its users and that its privacy policy is overrated

Environmental Services, 2–10 Employees

Another reliable, integrative Google product

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall i have had a positive experience using Google calendars. I don't miss an engagement and I fully trust and rely on Google calendar's ability to function without fail day after day.

Pros:

I mostly like how predictable and simlle itcis to usecGoogle calendar. I find it very useful that I can color code different imported calendars to make viewing my week a breeze.

Cons:

I didnt really care for the limited space available to display Google calendar and my appointments on my mobile phone. I can always click in the scheduled dates to fully see the details but i sometimes wish i could see more about what I scheduled when glancing at my mobile phone.

Jamie
Onboarding Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Best calendar tracking system!

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I love Google Calendar all around, it makes it so easy to schedule and manage tasks and events for the day. I never miss anything and am always on top of my day!

Pros:

Google Calendar has live updates so I know everything is up to date. It syncs so well with sites like Calendly, where all the meetings scheduled pop up instantly. I also love how you can change the colors of different events for easy visibility and how you can set reminders!

Cons:

No complaints! I switched from the built-in phone calendar and Google Calendar is a huge upgrade. Being able to see the titles for each day is such a great feature.

Energy Consultant in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Google Calendar - Never lose track.

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Fantastic, it's kept everyone on the same page and allows visibility for scheduling and meeting! I'd highly recommend it to anyone with a busy schedule!

Pros:

I love the fact that Google Calendar keeps me on track every day with the ability to adjust on the fly. Having visibility of what my lead intake coordinator has set for me with consistent reminders leads has led to a stress-free lifestyle. The ability to video chat with "Google Meets" is a feature that should not be missed for a consultant! Integrated with the ability to include locations I know exactly when and where I should be from a few clicks.

Cons:

It would be nice to give visibility to my clients for when my open slots are available to help them choose the best time to meet. It sounds like Google Calendar has this option though, so really it's on us! I don't dislike anything!

Virginia
Owner in US
Mental Health Care, 2–10 Employees

I prefer google cal to outlook

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Very easy to use and easy on the eyes. I like that it automatically Makes events from my emails

Cons:

Nothing I can think of. This is my favorite calendar system

Cody
Owner in US
Photography, 2–10 Employees

The best mainstream cloud based calendar solution for anyone

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Managing multiple schedules and priorities is easy to do in Google calendar with all the capabilities to integrate into multiple accounts and calendar sources. Being able to color code calendars to differentiate between different events is easy and extremely valuable.

Cons:

Sending calendar invites to iOS users can result in a weird experience where the user is asked to log into a Google account when accepting the invite from the email. To get the best experience, they have to install the Google Calendar app since the iOS calendar doesn't seem to play well.

Online Media, 11–50 Employees

A feature-rich calendar app

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: It's my default calendar for both business and private use, and I've been very satisfied with it thus far.

Pros:

Google Calendar integrates seamlessly into my workflow. It synces promptly with my phone calendar, and it even allows me to schedule meetings on Google Meet directly from the calendar.

Cons:

The browser page could be improved by offering more customization options.

Nicky
Independent Stylist in US
Textiles, 2–10 Employees

Google calendar is very helpful

5.0 last month New

Comments: Overall my Experienxe has been good using the calendar.

Pros:

I like that I am able to put all my dr appts birthday and schedule in the calendar.

Cons:

I wish it was a little more easier to add things or more fun in the app. Theres no true complaints

Edgar
Endpoint Technician in US
Information Technology & Services, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Stay up to Date with Google

Comments: Thanks to Google Calendar, I have been on top of all of my personal, social, and work events, appointments, and emails. Google's integration and synchronization will keep me a loyal user for years to come. I have been so for 13 years and plan to double this, easily.

Pros:

I first started using Google Calendar at the age of 12. Being 25 now it has made scheduling, remembering, and managing multiple schedules effortless. The synchronization and integration across multiple Google platforms have been my favorite.

Cons:

A major disadvantage is Google's customer support. I ran into an issue where my account was accessed elsewhere without my knowledge. Al of my data, photos, accounts were accessed, altered, and deleted. I sought Google's help for months. Not only did they take months to reach out to me, but they were also no help whatsoever in the end.

Willem Galen
Attorney in US
Law Practice, 2–10 Employees

Google Calendar is Easy to Use and Increases productivity.

Comments: The sync means two separate calendars are referenced. This is ensures we don't miss a deadline for an event or for a task. Tasks are assignable. Every team member can see the task. Tasks from google calendar are synced to our practice mgt software. Events and tasks flow both ways via sync. If the event or task is created in practice mgt software or in google calendar it shows up on both platforms. The ability to easily provide the zoom or google meet invite and the fact that google calendar prompts me to send it ensures we communicate effectively with clients and potential clients.

Pros:

The best thing about google calendar is its ease of use. For example if you add an event you are prompted to invite others. Reminders for events are customizable. It syncs with our practice mgt software for our law firm.

Cons:

I have two google accounts. For some reason my personal google calendar is the default (I believe this is because the personal google email is primary account) I have to toggle between them. I am sure there is a way to make business calendar the primary calendar. Just haven't figured it out yet.

Santosh
Developer in US
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Best Calendar Tool

Comments: The overall experience with Google Calendar was excellent. I really enjoy working with Google Calendar for my daily tasks and manage daily meeting schedules and work to-do.

Pros:

- Google Calendar is very easy to use and reliable tool with more efficiency - Google Calendar navigation system is very self explanatory and any new person can get hands on it easily - Google Calendar works with many integrated systems like Zoom to schedule meetings and automatically post the meeting links - Google Calendar has a many other features like reminders, to-do list management which increases performance of the user

Cons:

- Google Calendar user interface can be built on more modern Wed standards - Google Calendar pricing can be a little less that way many other small businesses can afford - Google Calendar can implement security features for more reliability

Zack
Site Admin in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Google Calendar is great for what it does-managing complex schedules across multiple platforms

Pros:

Google Calendar is great for anyone needing a free solution to manage multiple schedules across multiple platforms. We use GC to bring all of our calendars into one place (Outlook, GC, Synology Calendar) and then pull those into our site booking/scheduling system to manage availability of multiple employees. In our use scenario, the power of GC is that I can easily integrate all of the different calendar apps into GC, allowing other users to stick with the calendar application they prefer and are most used to using.

Cons:

Very little to not like as the base functionality is free; the only con is related to integrating other apps through the developer console, but frankly that's just lack of experience with the console on my part.

Sapir
customer service in Israel
Banking, 11–50 Employees

Google Calendar - my personl experience

Comments: It has all the capacities that you would anticipate from a schedule. Also, some more - updates by means of instant message (which is brilliant for certain occasions), pop-up messages on portable and work area, repeating occasions and so forth Google Calendar is as yet in its essential structure and it can really develop into a gathering scheduler or booking application itself. I imagine that component is inadequate. Something else is that when you're being cautioned for a gathering, Google springs up in your whole program window and prevents you from seeing what you were taking a gander at in your present tab. It tends to be irritating in case you're dealing with something significant.

Pros:

The Calendar application has an extraordinary UI and is smooth and instinctive. The best part is the examination. The manner in which it can show me who I invest the most energy with is something I haven't found in a schedule application previously. It appears they are centered around time the executives and effectiveness and not only day arranging! While I've attempted distinctive Calendar programming over the previous years, I discovered Calendar.com to be the most astute among them all. As somebody who goes to a ton of gatherings with planned customers, Calendar let me give possibilities choices to pick between various areas with a location alongside every one. The Calendar portable application for iOS makes it simple to make, see, and deal with my occasions. The product is ideal for organizations that have a far off group spread across the globe in various time regions. It's anything but difficult to speak with our engineers who are both in Europe and Asian nations. The genuine pearl of Calendar lies in its Transcription include. I can record each word said in a gathering. So if there's any time I need to return to significant minutes during the gathering, I can do that effortlessly.

Cons:

Can only be accessed by internet access so it will be nice if google will change this

Raj
DGM Marketing in India
Mining & Metals, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Organize your life with schedules and reminders

Comments: There is so much you can do with Google calendar to organize your life. You will never forget important dates and will be more efficient. Invest some time to set reminders or tweak a few settings, and you are good to go with this powerful and easy-to-use tool.

Pros:

1. You can create endless reminders and schedules hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly with a high degree of flexibility. 2. Different calendar views are available: detailed, overviews, Lists. You can customize your schedules and create reminders for important dates and times. 3. You can add color-coded multiple calendars, including work, personal, holidays, tasks, due dates, or whatever catches your imagination. 4. You can even include calendars shared by your friends and colleagues to manage your schedules and appointments effectively. 5. The search option lets you pinpoint any item and edit, delete, or modify it. 6. You can create events and invite guests from within Google calendar. 7. There are so many Add-ons available on the Google marketplace to make your life more efficient and organized. 8. In the settings tab, you can make so many adjustments to suit your preferences. 9. There is also a mobile app available to users for managing their schedules, tasks, reminders, and events on the go. 10. You get notifications for events by SMS or messages or pop-ups.

Cons:

1. Too many entries may clutter and disorganize everything. 2. There are privacy issues as you reveal too much about your personal and work life. 3. It takes time to learn so many settings and options and get used to the new interface.

Archana
student in US
Hospital & Health Care, Self Employed

You need this calendar RIGHT NOW!

Pros:

Prior to using this calendar, I was using a regular calendar which made scheduling so difficult. I never knew if something conflicted with something else unless I went back and checked the times which was a time intensive process. I also tended to forget about events because there were no reminders or maybe one the day before. When I switched to google calendar my life became so much more easier. I was able to schedule, check availability, and set reminders all in one place with such ease. As a student and worker I don't have a lot of time on my hands and google calendar allows me to save as much time as possible without have to scour around to check my schedule to make plans, etc. Overall I love using my google calendar and love how its free to use! There were many instances during calls and meetings where I would have to quickly jot down times for events and my calendar would be right there and I would be able to quickly write up a title and set the date/time for the event without having to divert too much from the call or meeting.

Cons:

There isn't much I dislike about it and I am very happy with the software. The only thing I wish I was able to do was customize it more to my liking. For example, being able to put quick notes to myself - even if it isn't in regards to a particular meeting/event. A place to jot down my thoughts and ideas - sort of like a bullet journal. This may be too much to ask for and I am very happy with the services provided.

Jaime Valeriano
Education Student in Philippines
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees

A Review about Google Calendar on a Perspective of an University Education Student

Comments: Overall, what I like about Google Calendar is how it is effective and efficient to make everybody's life easier on other Google applications such as Google Classroom and Google Meet. As an education student, it never fails me as I never experience having difficulty in my University Student Life. The only problem is I can't check further details on the calendar when I am offline, yet I am still online as our school has wifi for everyone, our home has fiber wifi, and I always have my data internet connection on my phone.

Pros:

What I like the most about Google Calendar is that is can be integrate with different Google Applications that makes my every day life easier. Like for example, as a student, whenever I have deadlines in out Google Classroom, it is in sync so I see the due dates on my Calendar which helps me to keep on track and avoid procastination. Also, since I am using my school email, whenever we are enrolled in certain subjects, there are times that we suddenly see all over the calendar the specific dates and time about the classes that we need to attend both synchronously and asynchronously.It is also easy to use because honestly there is not one that thought me how to use it, and I do not see any difficulty on how to maximize it. I just explore it by myself and see its wonderful features. Until now, I am amazed.

Cons:

I think what I least like about the Google Calendar is that sometimes whenever I am offline (not connected to the internet). I am not able to see the important details about certain events. That is why it is very important to be connected to internet every time. Although it is not a problem to me because we have internet fiber connection at home and I am always have data connection, there are times of emergency that internet is not accessible.

Nadia
Nadia
Marketing - AP in US
Accounting, Self Employed

Google Saves the Day

Comments: Incredibly easy to use and very very very very convenient. You can use it in your personal or professional life and if you wish to take it mobile with you, you can use the app on your phone, not just your desktop. I'm just tickled pink about the functionality and the ability to store all of my data in one place, with one company and one software/program. I'm in love!!!! : )

Pros:

I dont know how I could live without the Google family of products. Everything ties seamlessly into my Google account and now that Google Pay is widely accepted, I cannot fathom a more complete or complimentary product for my personal or professional life. Google Calendar can also sync with your Android notes or tasks if I remember correctly, so you can make lists and access the information even if your phone isnt nearby, and vice versa. I recently had a 10 day project where I was required to login to a system for reporting during certain times, and complete a 3 part reporting/surveying questionnaire each day. I found myself forgetting whether or not I completed my tasks so I made a note/task entry on my mobile and was actually able to link it with my calendars, which saved my butt a few times over the course of the project! It was incredibly seamless and customizable, with tick boxes, cross out task completion options, alarm notifications... Just incredibly useful, I had no words. Its easy to use & can be used across most google products, which means you can attach contacts, reminders, emails, etc. Incredibly talented group of people behind the Google family of products, and I cannot wait to see what they develop next. Your productivity will skyrocket when you realize that you have ONE program that offers everything you need to stay connected, on time & accessible (Google Drive). Not enough good words can be said about the calendar and its functionality. Life saver!!!

Cons:

I didnt find anything that I could complain about or improve on. I was even able to restore the task I mentioned above which was linked to my Android notes account when I accidentally marked the entire project complete, not the individual task lol ... it was basically deleted and the notifications and alarms were reset which was frustrating, but it was easily restored so I have no complaints at all.

Turan
IT Admin in Türkiye
Automotive, 501–1,000 Employees

Your personal assistant in your pocket

Comments: The interface design of the service is very simple and useful. It has an easy interface design. It's fast and resource consumption is minimal. The service it provides to users is free. High performance and at a level that can be integrated with other software. It has advanced reminder options and has the ability to follow many different organizations.

Pros:

It is a software and service designed for all your meetings, reservations or plans to be made daily, weekly, hourly or in the long term. The service, which is under the guarantee of Google, is a software that serves users at all levels or professional users. Thanks to the service, which is much more than an agenda, all your plans and appointments are now in your pocket. It saves time and resources at the same time.

Cons:

Don't be fooled by the fact that the Google Calender service is free. Although this service is free, it offers more options than the quality offered by many programs and software. The resources it provides at this stage are top-notch.

Justus
Intern in Germany
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Google Calendar is the best cloud calendar i ever used

Comments: Google Calendar helped me organize my life for the last six years and i can still go back multiple years and look at what i've done at a certain time. Even when a phone inevitably got destroyed, i didn't think twice about loss of the valuable organization of my time. I think that's awesome and speaks to the consistency of the product. There are other tech-giants that won't loose you're data as well, but no calendar has such a wide and mature integration with this many platforms. That's why i love using Google Calendar and will keep on using it.

Pros:

There are many things I like about Google Calendar, but if I had to say just a few, those would be it: - ease of using multiple calendars to organize different areas of your life - easy integration of external calendars (e.g. for university, sports, ...) - Well working web- and iOS-apps, that just work

Cons:

There are not a lot of things i dislike about Google Calendar. It's mostly little UI and ease-of-use changes i'd like to see. Like if i'm in the iOS app and want to switch the calendar of an existing event there is no easy way to do this. You have to duplicate the event into the calendar you desire and delete the old event. The web-app doesn't have this problem, here you can change the calendar directly, even on an already existing event.

Arun Sarathy
Arun Sarathy
Content Creator in India
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

My Goto Calendar (Simple but effective)

Comments: Overall, Microsoft Outlook is my 'official' calendar that I use at my work (office), and Google Calendar covers up everything else - my personal commitments, my personal projects, appointments, scheduling personal chores, and focus time.

Pros:

This is hands-down, a simple calendar that I fall back on after testing other calendars. So far, this is my 2nd best (after Microsoft Outlook) calendar. Google Calendar has very good keyboard shortcuts and does a good job of syncing with my other accounts that can integrate with it.

Cons:

Outlook is #1 in my opinion in its efficiency and effectiveness when it comes to doing everything that surrounds a calendar for productivity. Google calendar's top-most 'cons' in my opinion is its not great when it comes to sending reminder notifications on my browser or mobile. It doesn't work all the time - sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. This is one BIG pet peeve I have on Google Calendar.

Caroline
Caroline
Curriculum Coordinator in Thailand
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

No more paper calendars!

Comments: I have always preferred using paper calendars in the past, however, since I have been using Google Calendar, I will never go back. It is simple to use, and helps me keep track of my day to day meetings and events.

Pros:

Google Calendar is such an excellent tool for any business or even families. In our school, we often have meetings with other staff members, duties on specific days and specific times, or other events that we need to keep up with. If all of these events are put into your Google Calendar, you will get notifications on your computer or phone at least 10 minutes before the event. If these events are put onto a paper calendar, then it is only as good as your memory, or whether you keep it open and with you at all times. I also love how I can check other people's calendars in my school so that I can coordinate meetings during their free time. It is easy to create a meeting and invite other users, who get an email notification with the invitation.

Cons:

The only part about Google Classroom that could be challenging is ensuring that all members of your school or business are using it effectively. Training is key especially for those who are not technologically savvy or who prefer using paper calendars. However, I do believe that once a business has everyone training, then it will be an effective tool for everyone.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Perfect simple software for managing meetings

Pros:

It is very straightforward, simple, and limited (in a good way!) - the purpose I use it for is simply to schedule meetings with coworkers and partners, and have a meeting place. Google Rooms is easier to access than Zoom (no need to download a separate software), you can invite out-of-network guests, and have all meetings, even those taking place outside of Google, centralized on one calendar.

Cons:

It can become overloaded if working with a large team; a key feature of Google Calendar is that it lets you view the calendars of coworkers so you can efficiently find meeting times and schedule things in available slots. That being said, if you have 20+ coworkers like me, all with vastly different schedules, this feature is not as efficient or effective as it was designed to be. You can always turn this view off, to not crowd your own calendar.

Pharmaceuticals, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Help Keep Your Professional & Personal Lives Organized with Google Calendar!

Pros:

What I like most about this software is the visual layout in regards to how it is presented on a variety of platforms, whether it be a desktop, laptop, smartphone, or tablet. The ease of use is also a phenomenal attribute associated with this software, as you are able to click just a few buttons and have your events organized by date and time, with or without any alerts. I also like that this software can be synced with your Gmail account, which allows for email reminders to be automatically sent to you about 15 to 30 minutes before your next scheduled event, (or any other custom warning time before the event). Overall, it is very well put together and easy to use. As such, I would recommend it to anyone who may be interested in trying to use it.

Cons:

The only thing that I can think of as being a negative with this software is the fact that an internet connection must be present if someone would like to save the changes made to his or her calendar of events to the cloud. Until an internet connection is established, one cannot sync his or her calendar updates with other devices using the same Google account. Other than that one aspect of the software, (which is not that terrible in the first place), there is not much else to point out as a negative.