15 years helping Australian businesses

About Apple Pay

Cloud-based secure digital wallet application designed for payment processing, sales tracking, processing returns, and more

Learn more about Apple Pay

Pros:

M able to use my phone or other device at any retailer that accepts it. Plus the software is simple and easy to use, the integration with iOS works phenomenally well.

Cons:

Apple pay does not work very well in all countries and they need to integrate many cards that are not yet included. Some shops do not accept it yet.

Apple Pay ratings

4.8
4.5
4.7
4.7

9.1/10

Apple Pay has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 763 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Apple Pay before?

Tikisha
Tikisha
Lead Customer Service Representative in US
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees

ApplePay is very convenient to use

Comments: Overall I like ApplePay, it’s very easy to use & navigate.

Pros:

I love the fact that in my really tiring days when I’m online shopping & I see something that I want to buy & that apple pay option comes up, all I have to do is double tap. No getting up looking for the card or logging in to a website is required.

Cons:

What I don’t like is that every time you reset your phone you have to re enter all of the security codes for each card. They should at least keep one full card on file.

Marco
Hairstylist and Salon Owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

New Preference for Apple Pay

Comments: It's been fine; there have only been a few select moments when it's maybe taken just a few tries, or just a few moments of difficulty somehow when using Apple Pay, but we always seem to make it work. And the good news is that when it works, it works SO quickly, it's done in an instant. This quickness really helps us when running the business, as we don't have tons of extra time for transactions.

Pros:

We've had clients who've wanted Apple Pay for years, and over the last few years, we've begun to accept it, and the certain individuals who really want it, and SO happy for it. I personally like the security factor, it feels so safe. I think the customers prefer this also, over using their credit cards.

Cons:

I don't have many negatives for Apple Pay. We had a demand for it from savvy customers, and now they have it. I guess the only downside for me when I myself USE it to make purcchases is that not every business is set up to take it for payment, so I have to keep that in mind.

Jussi
Author - Facilitator - Coach in New Zealand
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed

Apple pay is the safest and easiest way to pay

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I have had only a very positive experience with Apple Pay. It has never failed, it's safe and secure and feels that I am in control.

Pros:

The ease of setup, use and monitoring of expenses paid by Apple Pay is second to none. Using Apple Watch with Apple Pay is a breeze and makes things so much easier. Also online shopping with Apple Pay is easier and feels more secure and safe than any other method.

Cons:

Not all retail stores and online shops accept it.

ELMAHDI
Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Apple Pay simply does not work

Comments: It has been an unmitigated disaster. Apple Pay took 9500 of my money. They did NOT complete the transfer in the way it was supposed to have been completed. Then, adding insult to injury, they suspended my account and told me I could not get any information for at least 3 Business days. This was done despite the fact that all accounts used were in my name and I have excellent credit. The problem resulted because the transfers showed up as ACH transfers instead of Apple Pay iPay transfers. This happened through no fault of my own, as there was no option to choose the 1% method instead of the regular useless ACH. This problem is not just a problem that I have, it is a problem that anyone who tried to transfer funds without the version 12 would have experienced. Instead of apologizing and understanding that this was generated by their error, they did the exact opposite and penalized me, the customer even further. To date, I still have not gotten my 9500 dollars back. They claim it will take another 2 business days to complete their review. They also claim that this happened because of a computer glitch that detects unusual activity. They referred me to the TOS where they claim that I gave them permission to hold my money for 3 business days, but nowhere in the TOS is the word three business days available. These people are simply incompetent criminals

Pros:

Nothing. It simply does not work. They extort money from customers and do not send them the way that they are supposed to. They lie and cheat and they do not reply to customers with respect or even the most basic courtesy. I have nothing good to say about Apple Pay.

Cons:

The software as version 9 caused customers like me tremendous problems. I tried to transfer $9500 from my Apple Pay to my Ameritrade account. This transaction should have been instantaneous and it was promised as being an immediate transaction. This is why I tried to use the service. This was a mistake. The transaction instead went through as a regular ACH transfer. Using Apply Pay for ACH simply does not make sense as they are far inferior to a standard bank. Apple Pay does not insure your money nor are they even able to give you something as simple as a receipt proving the transaction has been made. Contacting them is a nightmare and if you manage to get anyone on the phone, rest assured that they will be ZERO help and will simply repeat what representative, a guy being investigated by a number of regulatory agencies including the department of justice tells them to say, "we are the highest authority". This is what they tell you if you ask them to speak to a supervisor. More importantly, not only are they useless, but they are rude to boot! The fact that version 9 (prior to version 12) causes so much damage to the average customer is a technical nightmare. I have no idea what the newer version 12 does, because even though I downloaded after my issues started, at that point my Apple Pay account had been suspended and my money has been in limbo for the past two business days including the weekend. Horrible system.

Sujata
Sales Rep in Canada
Financial Services, 501–1,000 Employees

The best digital wallet

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Apple Pay is very efficient to use. The cards can be added easily and the way of making payments is secure.

Cons:

I wish the IDs could be added there. Also, face recognition sometimes glitches but pay with passcode option is always available so it works fine.

Gustavo
Gustavo
Director in Portugal
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

It is Apple, enclosed, full of issues, hard to set up...What a brand last years.

Comments: Terrible, I wish we would offer this service to our iPhone Customers, but Apple makes it difficult even formatting a flash drive. Using Apple demands an initiation ritual to make things work, and once you are in the cult, going out is barely impossible since most of the doors are closed. It is a shame, honestly. Trying to install Apple Pay in our Payment Gateway took literally days compared with the minutes required to set up Stripe, Google Pay, Braintree and Klarna.

Pros:

You can make it easy for customers to pay with their phones.

Cons:

Extraordinary difficult to set up. I have no words, it has to be the first time I have that many issues setting up any system ever. You are required to have an Apple ID, you need to be enrolled as a developer then you need to get a developer ID, the website constantly says "503 Service Temporarily Unavailable". You need to provide manually the certificates from your payment provider other than automatically syncing as Google Pay.

Jeemish
Industry Principal Consultant in Canada
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Must have service for all Apple users

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Apple Pay has been a life saver, I don’t need my wallet anymore since Apple Pay helps me with my payments and is accepted everywhere.

Pros:

Ease of use, reliability and integration with most credit card providers

Cons:

No support on android phones and iPhone is a must to use this service

Abigail
Assistant Director in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Most Convenient Mobile Payment

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Apple pay is so simple and effective to use. Being able to quickly pay for products when I am out and about saves me so much time and energy in making sure I have my wallet, cards, etc., on me to do so. It is the most convenient contactless payment method. With the addition of Apple Wallet, I can save all manor of cards from credit and debit, to membership cards, to event tickets, and more. The best part is that it has no cost associated, which makes it accessible for all.

Cons:

I have not yet had a negative experience with Apple Pay! Which is saying a lot for how often I am using it.

Karima
Supervisor in UK
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11–50 Employees

Easy payment

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I’m using Apple Pay every single day and since that my life got easy as someone doesn’t like to pay by cash and take their card everywhere

Cons:

There’s nothing no not like about Apple Pay

Nicky
Independent Stylist in US
Textiles, 2–10 Employees

Apple Pay is easy to use

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall I love Apple Pay! It makes transferring $ easy between different accounts.

Pros:

I like that it is immediate, I can use with my phone to pay at stores.

Cons:

I have not used it long enough to find any negativity with Apple Pay

Tara
Researcher's in India
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Apple Pay is a convenient and secure mobile payment system

Comments: Apple Pay is solving the problem of enabling secure and fast payments for consumers and retailers. With Apple Pay, users can pay for goods and services with their iPhones, iPads, and Apple Watches, making it easy to shop securely and quickly.The benefits realized with Apple Pay include Increased Security, Improved User Experience, Increased Revenue, and Reduced Payment Processing Time.

Pros:

The features that have had the greatest impact on Apple Pay are its ease of use, fast and secure purchases, and ability to store payment information to streamline purchases. Customers also appreciate the added layer of security provided through biometric authentication when making purchases.Apple Pay is quite easy to use, and it integrates with existing customer payment methods such as credit/debit cards and bank accounts. It is also compatible with many popular online and in-store services making it an attractive payment alternative. Integration with a business's existing checkout process is generally easy as long as the customer has an iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple Watch.

Cons:

Some features that could be improved in Apple Pay are allowing customers to customize their payment experiences, like choosing a reward or special offer when checking out or setting up recurring payments.Yes, a few aspects of Apple Pay may be challenging to use. These include setting up the service, adding multiple cards, setting up notifications, and using loyalty cards. Integrating with existing business processes can take time for businesses to learn how to use Apple Pay and set up the necessary requirements. Companies may also resist accepting Apple Pay as a form of payment due to its extra processing costs as opposed to other methods.

Amanda
Military & Veteran Services Officer in US
Higher Education, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Secure Payments With Ease!

Comments: I use Apple Pay with almost any online purchase. It's easy and secure, and I don't have to worry about carrying around bulky items with my hectic schedule!

Pros:

I like that it's easy to use and purchase across many mobile platforms. I could be online, I could be in an app, or I could use it in another electronic payment and it's always there. I don't have to worry about carrying around a bulky wallet or purse. I have payment on the go for my on-the-go lifestyle!

Cons:

Sometimes, I've noticed data loss, like a last name or street address. I'll have to go back in and re-enter that information, even though nothing has changed. It's a small annoyance, but it does help me keep things updated.

Paul
Founder/CEO in Germany
Motion Pictures & Film, 2–10 Employees

The go-to payment software for iPhones

Comments: I like using Apple Pay for most of my payments, but you don't have a huge choice on iPhones.

Pros:

The data protection and ease of use are the main advantages of Apple Pay, the setup process is easy to do and you don't need to be technical gifted.

Cons:

The scaleablity is not really great, also the fact that the software is completly bound to i-Devices is not optimal.

Marketing & Advertising, 501–1,000 Employees

Best & fast payment solution

Comments: I am happy and feel staisfied using it. It replaced Paypal which was a strong product

Pros:

Never has the payment cancelled or slow process and that is best thing about it

Cons:

Apple credit should be available worldwide and not just in United states

Salah
HR in Saudi Arabia
Capital Markets, 51–200 Employees

Apple is the best company

Comments: There is no doubt about anything through Apple because Apple does everything so that we feel happy. Apple is always distinguished by it a lot in all challenges and good interests and development is always very good and Apple is very safe for privacy

Pros:

Speed ​​​​and constant notifications at the moment of payment, and it also facilitates the method of payment. Apple is one of the best companies that I love very much, and I do not want to associate Apple with any company because it is the best in excellence

Cons:

I think that nothing is missing because Apple always loves excellence and also has a strong program in development and challenges and every day something great happens from Apple I do not think that there is a company like Apple because Apple is the best for me

Dan
Lead Estimator in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Apple Pay - A Card Free Life!

Comments: Overall Apple Pay is very quick and easy. It's certainly saved me numerous amount of times when I've left my wallet in the car grocery shopping or when I completely lost my wallet all together! Since your cards are on your phone, it's trackable so its near impossible to lose!

Pros:

I love apple pay though business and personal use, personally it's much cleaner and easier than taking your wallet out, digging through which card you'd like to use, and then getting a receipt to shove back into your ever growing wallet of receipts. Apple pay is clear and convenient to use, from my phone or apple watch. A receipt gets sent to me digitally that I can refer to back at any time. You can store credit and debit cards on your phone or watch, and chose which one you'd like to use with just two clicks of a lock button on your phone. It's secure with a face scan and has never failed me.

Cons:

The only downside about Apple Pay is that it's still not implemented in some restaurants & small stores. This makes it difficult to go completely card-less and get rid of your wallet all together.

Sandra
Nurse in US
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

Apple Pay is convenient, fast and a reliable method to purchase items

Comments: Overall a great product and definitely recommend to all those seeking convenience and ease when purchasing products.

Pros:

I have experience of Apple Pay as both a consumer and a business owner. As a person who has had iPhone for a number of years, the integration of Apple Pay has significantly made the buying process a lot easier and convenient. I am able to enter my credit card information with ease and into a service that I trust and know is secure. This payment system allows me to easily switch between payment methods and with security at a purchase point to ensure it is actually me who is purchasing products in store. Also, the amount of retailers that are now accepting Apple Pay has grown and continues to grow in order to make this process a breeze.

Cons:

In my time using this payment system, I have encountered very few problems. Sometimes, a small lag or an app crash but nothing major and definitely nothing that would impact my security. However, in the time I have used Apple products, the only issue I would say is when trying to contact customer service and speak to a representative directly. It can be time consuming to contact an Apple representative but I have had very few instances where I have needed their direct help.

Mario
Cargo Sales Manager in Philippines
Retail, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Apple pay a day makes a stressful transaction away.

Comments: All in all, paying my bills using my iPhone X via the Apple Pay is a 100% overall convenient and very secured transaction. But it would be best if there will be more terminals for payments and they should allow other iPhone products to use such amazing application.

Pros:

A friend introduces me to use this application. I was very nervous at the time since I'm the kind of person who is very traditional when it comes with the ways of life. But then when I tried to use it, I was glad that I did. It was quick, super easy and secured transaction. Wow! really amazing!

Cons:

One thing that I've noticed with this application is that it has a very limited number of stores that are equipped with Apple Pay terminals. Aside from it, my friend also tried to use it on her I phone 5 and it didn't work. I guess it only works for newer generations of i-phones which I think it's unfair since she too uses apple product right?.

Stijn
Entrepreneur in Netherlands
Retail, Self Employed

Just two clicks, a face scan and you are done!

Comments: Because I use it almost everyday I have a really good experience with Apple Pay. I really recommend other to use it as well.

Pros:

pros: I love i can leave my wallet at home if I want to quickly grab a coffee or do groceries. You just need to click twice on your on/off button, it will scan your face, finger, and you can pay. I love it because it is very simple to use and works every single time. Also you get a notification after you payed.

Cons:

Cons: I really only know one single con in this feature. I once tried to pay something over a certain amount which it did not let me because it was of my maximum limit which I could spend in one time or per day. I tried to change the amount but I could not get it done. So it would be nice to place under the Apple pay button in the settings another button to change that certain amount.

Natália
Natália
EDS Engineer in Germany
Automotive, 51–200 Employees

Speed

Pros:

Apple Pay can complete transactions quickly, making it a time-efficient payment method for both customers and businesses.

Cons:

Difficulty selecting the right card: When users have multiple cards registered in Apple Pay, it can be challenging to select the correct card for a particular transaction. This can cause confusion and delay payment, especially in situations when payment needs to be done quickly.

Marie
PCA nurse in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Apple Pay when you have no other way

Comments: I’ve been very happy and pleased with it. It goes right through and is quick and easy to use just like your card you tap it to the screen and your done

Pros:

So I have on occasion forgotten my wallet at home and was in dire need of a bottle of water or gas for my car and no cash on me. Then I remember I have Apple Pay on my iPhone and my watch and it comes in handy in such times as these. I’ve been low on gas in the country forgotten to fill up and forgotten my wallet with my debit cards or just forgotten to get my debit card back when I’ve given it to my husband to use or such as and the Apple Pay really comes in handy when there is no other way.

Cons:

Not every store or place has apple oh but most are starting to use this form of payment

Alberto
Sales support in Italy
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Super easy to use and configurate

Pros:

Apple Pay offers a convenient and versatile payment solution for various mobile platforms. With support across online platforms, apps, and electronic payments, it eliminates the need for a bulky wallet. Adding credit or debit cards is effortless through the built-in wallet app, and the wide range of supported cards ensures compatibility. Fast, reliable, and widely accepted, Apple Pay seamlessly integrates with existing systems, making it a worry-free payment option for both individuals and businesses.

Cons:

Apple Pay is a game-changer for online and mobile purchases, making transactions easier, faster, and more user-friendly. While compatibility and acceptance are improving, it's not available on all devices or accepted everywhere. However, its convenience and reliability have saved me countless times when I've forgotten my wallet.

Rob
Senior Consultant in Australia
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Apple Pay has changed the way I purchased

Comments: Overall, Apple Pay has changed the way I purchase. I don't have to worry about carrying my cards.

Pros:

Apple Pay is so convenient for purchasing items. I always have my phone with me, so it is so easy to pull out the phone and pay. It's faster than searching for a card. And the haptic feedback on my phone lets me know that the purchase has been successful.

Cons:

I can not fault Apple Pay in any way. If I had to complain about anything its that the shortcut for opening the wallet app (double click power button) is sometimes accidentally triggered when I don't want it.

Anilu
Anilu
Anilu Verde in UK
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

No issue anymore when I forget my wallet!

Pros:

A characteristic that I really value on my day to day is Travel Express Mode for the TFL. London is a city on the move so getting the card ready all the time before getting on public transport is essential… so apply pay comes extremely handy. The Latest transaction section is very clear and easy to understand. You can easily access through wallet to all of your registered cards without the need to go to your specific bank app. Shopping is very easy too, more efficient and less spaces of information to fill in.

Cons:

So far I haven’t personally experienced it, but I’ve heard of Apple Pay compromising security when in public WiFi.

abdullah
Manager in US
Arts & Crafts, 2–10 Employees

Convenient but limited

Pros:

I’ve loved the fact that my customers can still pay even if they get to the register with a full cart and then realized they forgot their wallet at home but have their phone set up and my terminal set up to accept as well. It’s definitely convenient and whoever knows how to use an iPhone can easily set up Apple Pay, so even my older customers are more loyal because they know they already have it set up on their phone so it’s in and out.

Cons:

As with the classic android vs apple debate, don’t expect much leeway or personalization with Apple Pay. Even customer service requests like chargebacks, or terminal compatability may have you on a long hold for every simple question. Especially with this being a new feature, there are many options we wish they had, but I believe convenience was their main goal, not completely and total functionality.