15 years helping Australian businesses

About DoorLoop

All-in-one mobile home park management software that helps property managers and owners make more money, get organized, and grow.

Learn more about DoorLoop

Pros:

I enjoy the integrations that DoorLoop provide both tenant and property manager.

Cons:

Text message tracking would allow the software to streamline the eviction court preparation process.

DoorLoop ratings

4.9

9.5/10

DoorLoop has an overall rating of 4.9 out 5 stars based on 689 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used DoorLoop before?

Irving
Irving
Principal in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

The easiest and most affordable

Pros:

Definitely the ease of use. Our last software took us months to figure out, and cost a fortune for training. After a few painful years, we finally made the switch because they didn't have certain features we wanted that doorloop offered. To say the software is easy to use is an understatement. We only needed two training sessions (an hour each), and felt like we were proficient enough to get going. What took months before, not only took a matter of days. It definitely took the pain out of migration and training.

Cons:

I'm still waiting for the Zapier integration to be fully connected with all the apps so we can start doing some automation with our other programs.

Kristen
Kristen

Use of DoorLoop for Property Management

Comments: I really like it. I almost don't want to tell others, because once my competitors see that Appfolio, Yardi, or other platforms don't really offer what you need. And not having to use Quickbooks is great!

Pros:

I love the platform and look of it. It's so easy to navigate!

Cons:

The lack of training in the short time frame allowed. It has excellent modules for self-teaching, but the components offered are so good, you want to be able to have someone help you set a goal line of setting things up, and seeing how they work.

Andrew

Nickle & Dime galore - not worth the money

2.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I strongly advise against using DoorLoop for your property management needs. Initially, the salesperson convinced me to pay for a full year in advance, as I often do with services. However, the experience quickly deteriorated. The trainers, working from home, frequently had poor internet connectivity, wasting half of the training sessions (one hour) on fixing their internet issues. The onboarding process was so cumbersome that I had to complete it myself after multiple failed attempts. Additionally, I was not informed about the extra fee for a merchant account needed for rent collection, which was a primary reason for choosing the software. After realizing the high cost, I discovered several other services offering more features at much lower prices. When I decided to cancel within 60 days of starting, I was denied a refund. Despite paying for a full year, I only used the service for less than 60 days, leaving me feeling unfairly treated. Based on my experience, I recommend seeking alternative property management solutions that provide better value and customer support.

Pros:

The service has a simplistic look to it. I didn't want anything fancy as i have older tenants and I needed a simple/straight forward look.

Cons:

The salesperson effectively convinced me to purchase the product, leading me to pay for a full year in advance, as I usually do. However, the experience deteriorated significantly after the initial purchase. The trainers, who work from home, frequently encountered poor internet connectivity, consuming half of the allotted training time (one hour) to resolve their issues. The onboarding process was cumbersome and required multiple attempts, eventually leading me to handle it myself. I was also not informed about the additional fee for a merchant account necessary for rent collection, which was one of the primary reasons I purchased the software. Upon realizing the cost, I found several other services offering more features at a much lower price. When I decided to cancel the service within 60 days of starting, I was denied a refund. Despite paying for a full year, I only used the service for less than 60 days, leaving me feeling unfairly treated.

Ben
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Great platform for people new to the industry

Comments: We were new to the property management business and spun our tires for a couple of years trying to manage tenants and get our finances straight, for a fair price. DoorLoop came along and was easy to implement. It helped us get everything organized and under control. It's been very easy to train new hires on.

Pros:

I loved how easy it was to get DoorLoop started. I have tried other well-known platforms in the industry and struggled to get them working. Many oversold their features. All of DoorLoop's features that I have use have been a success. Always meet my expectations.

Cons:

I think that DoorLoop is a newer platform so there are still some features that need to be added or have only recently been added, like expense tracking by unit. I think more established platforms have all the features flushed out already.

OwnerManager in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Best Apartment Management Platform!

Comments: Overall, it has been a very seamless transfer, smooth experience, and very few complaints that weren't addressed and taken care of in rapid fashion. I have very little negative to say about DoorLoop as a company and the people I have interacted with who work there. Two thumbs up!!

Pros:

The way that virtually everything you need to run a Multi-Family Dwelling is on the DoorLoop platform. Additionally, the customer service, from onboarding to setup, to handling random things that come up during the normal course of business, has been amazing!!

Cons:

As an apartment owner with only 80 units, the price for DoorLoop as a relative cost to what we bring in is much higher than larger operations. In my opinion, the price is pretty steep considering there are useable alternatives for next to nothing. Yes, they don't quite have the functionality and integration as DoorLoop, but there is still an efficiency curve that doesn't quite fit us, however we still use DoorLoop because of the exceptional service and product it provides.

James

Excellent Property Management Software

Comments: Great experience thus far. I have no major complaints.

Pros:

DoorLoop pretty much handles every aspect of my property management business very well. The tenant experience is incredibly intuitive.

Cons:

DoorLoop took a while to learn and set-up. This is because there are a lot of features. Additionally, DoorLoop uses double-entry accounting. This is a professional accounting method, which just requires training / understanding.

Cynthia

Great Property Management Tool

5.0 last month New

Comments: It's been a great experience thus far. The customer service as been responsive.

Pros:

Door loop provides listings, tenant prospect applications clearance, property management with tenant portal and the accounting for a full-service vendor. Highly recommend this tool for ease of property management that integrates with other commonly used platforms.

Cons:

N/A. Door loop is a really good product that meet the needs of managing property.

Neel
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Excellent Customer Service

5.0 last month New

Comments: Excellent, support is great and very quick to assist

Pros:

Very knowledgeable about the product and understand the criticality

Cons:

Set up process has not been as easy as initial told.

Kelsi
owner in US
Real Estate, Self Employed

Good software, tenants like ease of use and reminders

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

ease of use, cost and scalability is what I liked most. Customer Service is also very helpful

Cons:

That they hold my $$ for too long before it deposits in my bank.

Joanna
Management Consulting, Self Employed

This makes life easier

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I'm happy with it. I will recommend it often

Pros:

Once I have learned what I need to use I has made my life easier

Cons:

Learning has taken a while but the online help is great

Evan
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Property Management is hard. DoorLoop makes it easy.

Comments: Before DoorLoop, our property management was done entirely manually for decades, with a mix of digital and physical data, so ease of onboarding and flexibility in the system to work with our long-established methods outside of a structured platform. The platform is robust enough for our needs, but not so deep that it is overwhelming. DoorLoop has brought organization to the chaos of physical files, out-of-date spreadsheets, leases old and new, checks, etc. An intuitive interface, and ease of onboarding for our team and tenants were key, as was top-notch support. And as previously mentioned the steady roll-out of new features and improvements is a joy. We could not be happier with our decision to adopt DoorLoop into our business.

Pros:

I can't imagine running my business without DoorLoop - it is my second brain, keeping tabs on the minutia of my property data, leases, finances, and so much more. The interface is extremely intuitive and easy to set up, and hit the ground running in a matter of days. I'm impatient, so set up most of my properties before ever reaching out to support, but wish I would have waited for the excellent onboarding process, which is very hands-on and supportive. Overall, support is excellent and always there to help, they respond quickly, are knowledgeable about the product, and take ownership. Finance/accounting in the platform is heavily modeled after Quickbooks, which made that part of the transition very easy. New features are always being added, workflows streamlined, and minor annoyances fixed. I could not be happier with our decision to adopt this platform.

Cons:

There is still some daylight between DoorLoop and a full-featured accounting platform like Quickbooks. Transaction importing and categorization have some room for improvement, ie: auto-detecting reoccurring transactions, Plaid bank connection stability, and the ability to manually import transactions when necessary. Bills and expenses function entirely differently from each other, which can be confusing at first. Pro tip: just use expenses. My holy grail feature would be the ability to import invoices and automatically generate a bill or expense, or at the very least populate the vendor, invoice number, amounts, etc. This would save me hours every week. I've needed support to step in a handful of times with payment processing, but they have always resolved any issues I've had. Reporting can be frustrating, especially coming from Quickbooks, with no ability to create and save custom reports and limitations in how you can cross-report data and accounts. The default reports are fine and ultimately get the job done, but I would love to see this area improved.The help/support database is constantly being updated but often, the only way to find an answer to your question is through support chat, which, again, is always excellent. I would love to see the introduction of a user forum to share tips, tricks, and hacks for common problems that the support team may not have gotten around to writing an article about yet.

Sarah
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Wonderful system and consistently improving!

Comments: I pretty much when into detail of all my main concerns and what i enjoy. I do appreciate all the support which a lot of companies lack. All are very friendly and knowledgeable and if they don't know the answer they will find it and not just throw random answers.

Pros:

-I love the easability, tenant portal and newest owner portal. -Tenant portal I do love the announcements and how I can see if tenant has viewed or not.-I love the chat feature to easily get answers and videos available throughout so anyone can easily hop on and learn the software

Cons:

-I wish there was owner portal announcement option-I would like to have the option when paying out owner distributions to be able to change the default, as of now until their accounting gets into the business aspect I have to manually change each, default is currently epay-processing payments, i really would like to be able to have security deposits to be able to into a separate account automatically, we have to transfer this into the right account each time it also has to be changed in doorloop to reflect the correct account. feedback from support was to just transfer once we receive it or request a check. -the ability to use the lease - esignatures, create lease templates, would be something i would like to utilize in the future but right now it is challenging so we are using "Dotloop" for all our esignatures needed.

Rebekah
Chief Administrative Officer in US

Door Loop is a One Stop Shop

Comments: Our overall experience with DoorLoop is wonderful.

Pros:

First of all, we love that DoorLoop is a cloud base system so we can log onto it using various way, from our phones to a desktop computer and see everything in real time. We also like how customizable it is and that we don't have multiple programs to keep track of everything. This program tracks it all! Not only can we keep track of rents, but also look at maintenance requests that still need to be completed. It helps us stay organized and productive.

Cons:

Bank reconciliations could be improved. If I am in the middle of a bank reconciliation but need to toggle to another area, when I come back, I have to start all over again. Sure the boxes of cleared transactions may be checked, but it would be helpful if there was an option to save so when coming back to it, I could just click on the partially reconciled statement. We have 5 portfolios and I wish we had the option to assign a cost just to the portfolio instead of a certain property. (Currently, we created "dummy" properties and assign costs to those, but those add cost to the program, since we are charged by each door we have.)

Leif

One Year In, using DoorLoop

Comments: After using two different programs in the past, it was much easier to make the switch. I am enjoying the easy handling of the program, I would like to see some changes in the payout area, such as a less expensive way for tenants to pay their rents. Some do not have checking accounts, and debit cards/prepaid cards is all they know. The higher percentage kills them to process a monthly rental payment.

Pros:

The ability to of having a lease signing program in DoorLoop, instead of having to copy and paste your documents in a different system. This allows for less mistakes to be made.

Cons:

Having to reset rental applications due to issues within the system. We have had to give refunds, so prospects could submit another application to apply for one of our rental properties.

DoorLoop Response

8 months ago

Leif, Thank you for your review of DoorLoop. We strive to ensure that the system works for everyone, and we're glad that it's making your life easier with our signature templates. As a sneak peek into the coming month of DoorLoop we're actually updating the rental applications to fix the exact problem you've had (as well as just make it better to look at for you and your prospects). We can't wait to see you continue growing!

Daniel

New to DoorLoop & love so far

Comments: So far 4.5 out of 5. Some hiccups on the set up process (processing limits for receiving and sending funds was EXTREMELY low) and took days to get resolved. I don't like the 3rd party processing partner so far as they are hard to get ahold of to address any issues. I have used Stripe in the past and much easier.

Pros:

The set up process was helpful as there are some onboarding calls and demos to watch. The extensive reporting/features really help automate the workflow and efficiency of the bookkeeping

Cons:

The lack of direct phone service when there are customer support issues. Submitted tickets to request a callback and then not getting one is very frustrating. I was 99% sure phone support would have included a direct phone number to the service center, but the online support can take hours to get a response. Also the payment processing time is slow. There needs to be an option for expedited funds if there already isn't one. I am new

Matthew
Manager in US

The best parts of Gmail and Quickbooks Combined

Comments: So far I have been extremely satisfied and my experience seems to only be getting better and better. The support has made the clunky transition between PM software way less daunting.

Pros:

I was drawn in by the aesthetic and features of the platform, captivated by the intuitive, simple, and effective features, and wow'ed by the above and beyond customer service. I was previously using quickbooks and it was a little clunky and relative overkill for what we needed out of our accounting software. This simplified the process while consolidating the management side of what we needed. Having multiple properties across multiple LLCs manageable from one screen is already a big time saver.

Cons:

Most of the features that are missing are currently being added. One things I would be interested in seeing is a way to pull information from receipts to auto populate into bill pay fields (though, I realized this is a feature that is a bit more complicated to add). The fact that you can attach photos and documents to each bill satisfies that for me.

Kevin
Principal in US

Door Loop review at 6 months

Comments: Very positive experience. Lining up the on-line rental payments has been a big plus & time saver.

Pros:

The support has been terrific. Anticipated a learning curve after so many years of QB - but most features intuitive and help always there. I also like the flexibility & how the company listens to users and makes adjustments. I have recommended slight changes in features & they actually updated with those changes installed.

Cons:

Nothing i really 'like least' - there seems to be a bit more of a learning curve - but program does more & it just takes time to understand all the features & steps to get to where you want

Brittany
Bookkeeping and Client Relations in US

DoorLoop- Best Property Management Software

Comments: Overall, this software has been essential to our business. We are very happy we made the choice to go with DoorLoop. I am so appreciative to their staff as they were very helpful as we got started and are always pretty prompt in responding to questions.

Pros:

We like that this software keeps things organized and all in one place. We rely on the accounting feature as so much of property management relies on good bookkeeping.

Cons:

As with all growing companies there are a few quirks about the software I would love to see develop better. One thing that has been a little bit awkward is when we onboard a property and the owner would like us to do some work before we rent it. The software has no way to let them contribute funds to their property. Our owners have ended up having to send a check in the mail. This has not been ideal.

Kaye
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Property Manager Review of Doorloop

Comments: Solving having all of our software in one place. Its nice to have doorloop to go to for all of our management needs.

Pros:

Product is easy to use overall. The display is nice, looks good and easy for tenants to use overall. I never have trouble finding what I need in the system

Cons:

Sometimes the app is not accurate, or the search bars dont work in certain tabs of doorloop. Sometimes tenants say that they arent recieving notifications from announcements as well. Also would like character count to go up.

Mari
Manger in US

Great platform for beginners

Comments: My overall experience with DoorLoop has been great so far. I am coming from using multiple platforms and applications so having everything in one place has been great.

Pros:

The customer support and education provided by DoorLoop is fantastic and thorough. I like the all-in-one platform the most. It is very convenient to have everything in one place so you don't need multiple platforms.

Cons:

Sometimes the financial accounting sections are a little hard to follow but that is likely a user error. A customer support person is always a chat or call away to explain.

Renan
Manager in Brazil
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Saving time and energy with DoorLoop

Comments: Door Loop Software stands out as a comprehensive and user-friendly solution for access control management. Its intuitive interface, robust features, and seamless integration capabilities make it a valuable asset for organizations seeking to enhance their security infrastructure. While no software is without its areas for improvement, Door Loop Software certainly deserves consideration for those in need of an efficient and reliable access control solution.

Pros:

One of the standout features of Door Loop Software is its user-friendly interface. Navigating through the system is intuitive, making it accessible even for users with minimal technical expertise. The clean design and well-thought-out layout contribute to a positive user experience.

Cons:

While Door Loop Software impressed me with its overall functionality, there's always room for improvement. A more detailed user guide or tutorial section could be beneficial for users who are new to access control systems.

justin
Owner in Australia

Optimistic, but frustrated User

Comments: Disappointed and frustrated are the best words to describe my experience with Doorloop. But I haven't given up yet. I'm invested too much of my own time to give up just yet.

Pros:

Overall, the potential of Doorloop is amazing. My sales rep was very persuasive and wish the product was as helpful and as automated as he had implied. Syncing bank accounts via Plaid is a major plus! The UI is much better than competitors.

Cons:

The onboarding has been really frustrating. All of customer support is helpful, especially [sensitive content hidden], but access to customer support is limited. In some instance it has taken me over a week to book time with [sensitive content hidden].

DoorLoop Response

last year

Hi Justin, Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad to hear that our bank sync and UI have been helpful to us. We're sorry to hear that your onboarding process has been frustrating. It's very important to us to make sure that every one of our members works with a real person, not a bot. With that said, we are growing our team in order to make sure that wait times are as low as possible. If there's anything at all we can do to help make the onboarding process smoother for you, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Barbara
Leasing Manager in US
Commercial Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Multiple features promising time management, too many to implement at once. Piecemeal learning.

Comments: The learning curve of what the software does, manages, tracks & reports on has been long for me. If I saw an overview from an unfamiliar outsider standpoint to a fully functional software solution to property management issues, it would have been a game changer for my learning curve. My learning took longer because I didn't know where each piece fit in to managing a property. I never felt I knew where I was in the process of beginning to end what the software does. The videos should be "Teach me to use" not just "show how to enter"

Pros:

The tech support chat feature has been a wonderful help! During business hours, there is a live person to answer my questions as specific or as general as I need. They've been knowledgable and easy to communicate with. I love that I can freely make suggestions to improve the software and they are open to receiving my input. It has definitely been my favorite part of using the software!

Cons:

Some of my suggestions have been to improve the onboarding tutorial articles & videos. The nature of a tutorial is to assume the audience has no idea what you're doing or why. But many times I didn't see the 'big picture' before the minute detail of entering data, so I don't understand the "why" before the "do". As a newcomer, I did not see the data being used after it was inputted, so I didn't understand how & where it showed up in practice. (Running reports, sorting by property, searching for a work order, solving an accounting issue, etc) I would like to see each tutorial article made into a video. Each video should define what the terms mean in each module & show where they show up and how each can be used, sorted, searched, and why one would need to do so. So an Intro and Summary should be added to each video/article to show how it fits into property management usage. Each video should be feature focused so that the How-To is bringing us to Using a Feature. I'd like to see "example problem" videos that show how to navigate the software to find the solution. Another aspect is that some modules require multiple clicks to "drill down" into the part that needs to be edited, creating a deeper learning curve, but I guess when the software manages so many details, it needs to be parsed into sections. This product does not work well unless it is the sole method for managing the properties. For example, entering manual payments & deposits is cumbersome!

Paul

Easy tracking of payments

Comments: We are very happy with DoorLoop. It makes it easier for us to track charges and payments, as well as giving us access to a professional-looking statement for our tenants. Very happy with the online payments.

Pros:

We love using DoorLoop to track rent charges and payments. This is the bulk of what we use it for. We do not yet use all of the accounting functions. It automatically posts the charges along with any late fees, and notifies the tenant of those charges. I love that it gives our tenants the ability to pay online, as so many things are done this way nowadays. They even have the option to pay with a credit card if necessary. I can print a statement any time, easily access copies of invoices, and add notes to their account.

Cons:

We are a small property management company, so we probably use DoorLoop differently than others. Tenants are responsible for utilities, but our City requires the landlord (us) to keep utilities in our name. So, we charge the tenants to reimburse. Currently there is no way to post the charge and include an attachment of the bill that THEY can view in the portal. We have to create a separate communication and include that bill. So I'm doing everything twice. Also, I wish I could filter the lease search by property and also by "active" leases. Currently, it auto sorts to the tenants first name and if I set a filter for active leases, it still sorts the same way.

Gayle
Operations mgr in US

Amazing and Simple

Comments: It’s just 100% positive. What else can I say? I can honestly say I have never in my life said that about a piece of software or a commercial product. The combination of thoughtful product development that can be customized to your specific needs, and the level of support from live people is so refreshing I. This age of AI and automated everything often makes getting help a challenge and takes great chunks of time. Not with this product!

Pros:

The support team from Doorloop is the very best in the business. They are always there, even when they are closed! I am impressed beyond words at how fast, friendly and smart they are. If you are working on an issue at 10 at night, you will have help by the next morning. If you wish you could do something beyond the software’s capacity, they will review the thought and if feasible the programmers get on it, and you’ve got it. They help correct your mistakes too, so the boss doesn’t see your stupidity!

Cons:

Sometimes I get confused about where a certain feature can be found and I have to mess around. I think that is me, not the program. Some features I use more than others so it is just from a learning curve.