DoorLoop Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall

About DoorLoop

DoorLoop is 50% off until 2022! Get a property management software with unlimited free training, support, migration & more.

Learn more about DoorLoop

Izhak M.
Izhak M.
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2020

"Incredible reporting and robust accounting"

Pros: I have known many of the founders for several years and they have an impressive record of successful ventures, so I was lucky enough to get invited for an early access trial. So far I've found it to be incredibly intuitive, easy to use and above all the speed with which I can generate my reports is incredible. From a tenant perspective, the portal has greatly improved my communication and allowed me to easily track maintenance requests submitted by my tenants. I'm excited to grow with the product and already see huge benefits implementing this into my business.

Cons: As I noted, I'm one of the first users to gain access to the system so it's still missing some small features, however after speaking with their support team, even the smallest functionality I will need for my business is on their roadmap to be released over the next couple of quarters.

• Reviewed on 13/12/2020
Rajiv J.
Rajiv J.
Manager of Operations
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2021

"Checked every box on our list"

Pros: We are a family owned and operated development company that also keeps and manages some of the properties we build. As such, I was specifically tasked with finding the best software for our needs. The extensive criteria included a full accounting module, built-in reporting, CRM for tracking prospective tenants, payment processing, vendor bill-pay, and more. DOORLOOP was one of the few companies that ticked every box on our list. It’s been about 8 months of use and we’ve been thrilled to see the number of improvements they keep on releasing. The software is only getting better and we’re confident we made the right choice.

Cons: The renter’s insurance isn’t offered through the renter application process yet. At the moment we are just referring our residents to the current provider we recommend.

• Reviewed on 18/01/2021
Josh B.
Josh B.
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2020

"Automates my rent collection"

Pros: Doorloop has saved me the incredible hassle of collecting rent the old-fashioned way with paper checks and cash. I would have to drive an hour away to visit my properties and collect rent in person. And if they didn't pay - I would have to come back! During the COVID quarantines, I no longer wanted to see people in person, so I looked for a better way and found Doorloop. My tenants get their own login for their own tenant portal where they can pay by credit card or eCheck on autopilot every month. And if they don't pay on time? Well...that's what an automatic late fee is for :)

Cons: Still trying to figure out how to handle tenants that want to pay by cash only.

• Reviewed on 19/11/2020
Daniel S.
Owner & Property Manager
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2020

"Fastest PMS I've tried to date"

Pros: This software is fast! Like really really fast. Everything just works perfectly out of the box. Generating reports takes seconds, not hours. It used to take us over 12 hours sometimes to generate reports on other programs.
The team at DOORLOOP really went out of their way to make sure this software was easy to use and took less clicks to get to the most important parts of the program, which our team really appreciated.

Cons: While they do have an incredibly robust accounting suite, we are waiting on 2 reports to be built which the team said they will be adding shortly.

Jona L.
Jona L.
Family Office Property Manager
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2020

"Greatly helps with accounting and taxes"

Comments: Yes

Pros: That it finally allows me to calculate our monthly sales tax with an easy report that I can use for paying the IRS each month.

Cons: NA - none it was great all around. Easy to use and very smooth

• Reviewed on 20/11/2020
Edward W.
Edward W.
Attorney
Law Practice, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 09/12/2020

"Top Customer Service. Ease-to-use Software."

Pros: DoorLoop is so easy to use, I literally needed no training. It’s like picking up your iPhone for the first time. After playing around with the software for a bit and reading their online help section, I feel like I am now an expert! Also, their accounting and reporting system is comprehensive, but yet really straightforward.

Cons: Would be great if I could automatically complete and download leasing templates with a prospect’s information. Figured I would talk to my sales rep at DoorLoop. When I did, he told me that that (and more) is on their roadmap for 2021. Great product. Great customer service.

• Reviewed on 09/12/2020
Eli R.
Eli R.

"Best support by far"

Comments: Truly revolutionary for our business. We definitely will be recommending this to others!

Pros: The training, onboarding, migration, and support. Getting started couldn't have been easier thanks to them holding our hand and walking us through the entire process. Switching from appfolio was no easy task, but they made it as quick and painless as possible.

Cons: They don't have every bell and whistle yet, but then again, we never really used them before either. This product is way more intuitive and user friendly since it hasn't been cluttered yet with an endless amount of features that no one uses.

Jarred M.
Jarred M.
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2020

"Phenomenal software. Amazing customer service."

Pros: Where to begin... The customer service is beyond amazing. They really take time to answer all of your questions (which given how easy the software is to use, I really didn't have many). But they also check in to see how I am doing/liking the software (loving it!). Frankly, it's one of the only companies that makes me feel like they actually appreciate my business. Also, using the software on the go (on my phone and iPad), could not be easier. Plus all of the same features I use via my computer are also available when I use it on the go. Finally, DoorLoop's software is clearly comprehensive, but still it looks and feels aesthetically beautiful and is super-fast. It seems like they already know what I am going to do next, that's how quickly pages load up.

Cons: If only their "notes" section allowed me to put in more characters. However, given my experience with their customer service, I called and told them this. Not only did they take my suggestion seriously, but they also told me that they would pass the request along to their development team to get that change on the schedule.

Michael K.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2020

"Comprehensive, Easy to use & Great support."

Pros: Accounting and prospecting features. Very comprehensive set of reports, yet so easy (a few clicks) and fast to run. And keeping track of prospects (and who those leads are assigned to) could not be easier with their built in CRM (customer relationship management) features. Also love the integrated background (criminal, credit, eviction history) search feature (a must-have for my residential properties) and that my tenants can easily purchase renter’s insurance directly within the DoorLoop renter portal (no more excuses!).

Cons: Would be nice if they already had implemented the DoorLoop website templates so that I could market my rental units via my website and have those details integrated directly with my DoorLoop’s account. However, while this would be a nice feature to have, it is certainly not a must feature to have. Plus, for what it’s worth, DoorLoop told me the feature is already in development and will be available in early 2021.

Managing Principal
  • Reviewed on 31/12/2020

"Doorloop has been a game-changer"

Comments: Doorloop has been a blessing for us. It's affordable enough where we're comfortable adding all of our residential units and commercial tenants and has saved us countless hours every month in compiling our information, reconciling financials, looking up specific tenant items, etc.

Pros: Doorloop has every feature we could need, and it has been priceless for us with our residential and commercial properties alike. The price of their software is much less and much more affordable than all the other players in the market. The team has been incredibly responsive and accommodating, and they were very helpful in getting us onboarded. In the past, we have tried other software options and never been fully satisfied. Plus, Doorloop doesn't charge separately for support. Great, great platform and excellent service if needed.

Cons: There isn't anything I've disliked about Doorloop.

Benjamin E.
Benjamin E.
Landlord
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2020

"Exactly what I was looking for"

Pros: As a landlord, I liked the online portal the most. My tenants are able to pay by credit card now, something they’ve been asking for a very long time. They are also able to send maintenance requests through the portal instead of texting & calling us at all hours of the day. This keeps us much more organized and able to get an overview of where everything stands.

Cons: It takes a small learning curve like any other product, but they were very helpful in setting everything up with me.

• Reviewed on 16/12/2020
Mor A.
Mor A.
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2020

"Free! Need I say more?"

Pros: As a small property manager that does this on the side, I chose doorloop software because it's currently free and had no monthly minimums like the other options. I haven't needed much training or support, but it's nice to know that it's always available and also included for free if needed.

Cons: Wish screening would also be free, but I understand if it costs money. I just charge my tenants for it and no one has complained.

• Reviewed on 13/11/2020
Steve O.
  • Reviewed on 27/01/2021

"Most user friendly platform I have tried to date."

Pros: It’s free and easy to use. Saving so much time compared to others.
No other software supports residential and commercial real estate.

Cons: Want the notes to be allowed to have more characters. I submitted it as a feature suggestion and they took it seriously.

• Reviewed on 27/01/2021
Morgan S.
Morgan S.
Director of Finance
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2020

"Easy, comprehensive, and fast!"

Pros: DoorLoop’s property management software is the best that I have ever used. Finally a property management software that feels and runs like it was built this century! Running accounting reports is super easy (and very quick) as is making/tracking maintenance requests.

Cons: Didn’t have every feature I was hoping for, like the ability for me to internally chat with my management team, but even still, I am beyond impressed.

David V.
David V.
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2020

"The technology I’ve been waiting for"

Comments: No software can do every single thing I ever imagined, but with their API, I can most likely accomplish it.

Pros: Definitely the technology of the entire platform. Being a property manager who dabbles in software development, I wanted a software that used the latest and great tech stack that was fast, responsive, mobile-friendly, and could keep up with our needs as we scale the business and our portfolio.

Cons: API documentation could be improved, but I figured it out.

Jason M.
Jason M.
Managing Partner
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2020

"Property Management Accounting Done Right"

Pros: We chose Doorloop because of the property management accounting capabilities. It did everything we wanted and checked off every box on our list plus more. We can now run financial statements for each individual property. We can see profit & loss reports per property. We can maintain double-entry accounting accuracy. Doorloop comes pre-built with many reports we can use out of the box. They did most of the hard work for us which we really appreciated.

Cons: Waiting on an integration with Quickbooks.

Adam J.
Adam J.
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2020

"Automated my entire portfolio"

Pros: The software helped me automate everything from listings, marketing, screening, renters insurance, lease agreements, to even renewals. I was using Yardi Breeze before, but it just wasn’t cutting it in terms of automation.

Cons: It's missing a couple of reports I like to use, but I was told that they will be available in the next couple of months.

Aryeh S.
Aryeh S.
Director of Acquisitions
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2020

"Makes your company organized"

Pros: Doorloop forces you to stay organized. As property managers, there isn't enough time in the day to get everything done or get back to prospects or active tenants that have questions or maintenance requests. When we needed to find any document, lease agreement, contract, or anything in general, it would take forever to comb through our emails, digital and paper files, even though we were already scanning everything into our Dropbox. We still can everything, but now we put it directly into Doorloop so it's searchable in one click and we can see everything based on each property, unit, or tenant. It sounds silly, but the search button on the top left of the program is probably one of our most heavily used features. We're able to find any document, lease, tenant, or task instantly. For all the property managers out there reading this: if youre like me and know you could be more organized, give doorloop or any of the other programs a try. Anything is better than nothing, trust me.

Cons: I still wish I had more time in the day!

Landlord/Owner
  • Reviewed on 06/01/2021

"Excellent bookkeeping tool"

Comments: Overall I’ve been very pleased with the ease of use in setting everything up. It was a very similar process to quickbooks so everything translated over nicely.

Pros: The best part of this program is that I can keep track of my investments, expenses, revenue, balance sheets, and P&L for multiple properties all from one central location.

Cons: Nothing, I love the reporting. I just hope that my accountant will love it when it’s time for taxes.

• Reviewed on 06/01/2021
Bryan L.
Bryan L.
Controller
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2020

"property management accounting that replaces quickbooks"

Comments: Yes

Pros: That we can finally separate our bookkeeping per property while still being connected so we can pay 1 vendor for multiple properties. QBO didn't allow us to pay a vendor, like a plumber, to do work across our different properties. We would have to login to each separate QBO Company, write a check, then do the same for each property and each vendor. This process would take our staff a full day just to pay vendors when it could have taken only 1 hour, which it now does. We still use quickbooks for our company accounting (payroll, expenses, etc..), but no longer use it for our property accounting (rent payments, vendor bills, etc...). The best part is, doorloop works exactly like QBO, so it's very familiar to all of us and required very little training.

Cons: No QBO sync yet but I'm told it's in the works.

Daniel B.
Daniel B.
Co-Founder / Director of Operations
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2020

"Saving me so much time with everything"

Pros: Personally know some of the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]- very solid team, great track record and history of successful ventures, fully support them and everything they’re doing and hope to help both of us grow our businesses together. Plus the software is so BEAUTIFULLY designed. By far the nicest, newest, and easiest to use.

Cons: Could be cool to include an SMS feature. I think it can be done with Zapier but I have not attempted it yet.

• Reviewed on 12/11/2020
COO
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2021

"They actually listen to your advice and suggestions"

Pros: The team and people behind the scenes. This is a team of people that truly care about your success. They listen to your suggestions, they want your feedback, and they may even implement your ideas and features. The first time I brought something up, they scheduled a 30 minute call and wanted to know every detail of what I envisioned. They wanted to know why that feature would benefit my business, why it mattered so much to us, how much time it could help us save, and if there was another way to solve it in the meantime. Very few companies take the time to listen to their users, but doorloop is one of those companies.

Cons: I know not every suggestion I make will be built into the software, but I would love to see a “what’s coming” area.

• Reviewed on 29/01/2021
Irving W.
Irving W.
Principal
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2020

"The easiest and most affordable"

Pros: Definitely the ease of use. Our last software took us months to figure out, and cost a fortune for training. After a few painful years, we finally made the switch because they didn't have certain features we wanted that doorloop offered. To say the software is easy to use is an understatement. We only needed two training sessions (an hour each), and felt like we were proficient enough to get going. What took months before, not only took a matter of days. It definitely took the pain out of migration and training.

Cons: I'm still waiting for the Zapier integration to be fully connected with all the apps so we can start doing some automation with our other programs.

Elan N.
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees

"Great"

Pros: Ease of use and simplicity. Able to accomplish all tasks in one platform

Cons: Nothing. Everything in the system is great

Michael M.
Owner and Landlord
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2021

"More than what I need"

Pros: Although I know I am not the typical customer, I use DL to manage a few of my personal investment rentals. I liked the automation aspect of the program. Since this isn’t my full-time job, I’m not able to be hands on all day and I needed a solution to automate as much as possible from rent collection, reminders, listings, lease renewals, and personal task reminders and deadlines. I don’t use all the bells and whistles but it gets the job done for what I’m looking for.

Cons: There is A LOT this software offers and I hope to one day use more of it when I have the bandwidth.

• Reviewed on 25/01/2021