Quickbooks Point of Sale Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall

About Quickbooks Point of Sale

QuickBooks Point of Sale is an all-in-one solution with the software, hardware and payment service you need to sell online and in-store

Learn more about Quickbooks Point of Sale

John T.
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/03/2020

"Lovin it"

Comments: I used to do my inventory every Sunday evening. It would take me 5 to 7 hours a week. Now its done in minutes with QBPOS. We use Individual Point of Sale out of PA to purchase, and maintain our POS systems.

Pros: This software has given me abilities that other camping resorts envy. Every time I tell other campground owners how QB POS can trend, suggest orders, track inventory, and that it has endless reports that integrates right into Quick books, they are floored.

Cons: We really dont have any dislikes with the software. It performs well and runs reliably. We are on our second generation of hardware, and the software is stable and fast.

• Reviewed on 04/03/2020
Brian B.
Brian B.
VP of Operations
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 06/04/2021

"More Bugs than the local woods."

Comments: POS = Peace Of... Sales Killer. Customer service very poor. A lot of "We will get back to you". Bug fixes come too little too late.

Pros: Reporting had tons of data. Not just sales totals. You have popular times. Stock value, amount sold, cost of goods, profits. How well each vendor is doing. Top selling Vendors, Items, Departments. Number and graphs. Design and save a report and pull it up again. Set when to date the report. Like you want for info for the last day, last 6 days, maybe 50 days. You can complete control your reports.
The register scanned items in quickly. Showed details like amount on hand. Short Description. Clearly see sale % if item is on sale. A bit hard but you can set up % off. Buy one get one % off.

Cons: CRASHING! Random stop working. Forcing you to close the app or turn off your whole system to reset. Too many buttons for the average cashier to work with. No tracking gift certificates though you CAN put in ID numbers you could tell the register the gift certificate is $100 even if it was only $10 and it would completely accept it.
AND THEY RETURNED $85 AND VOIDED A SALE.
So we rung up $85 in a sale. Run a credit card. Card Approved. Customer gets happy done beeping and register says $0.00. Click Salve & Print and BAM! System crasher right there. Now the sale is done. Customer walks away and we are left restarting the system again. We do it 2x a day on the weekends so no big deal. 5 min later the system opens and says last receipt not saved. "Ok so save it" I think to myself. NO! Instead the system would letting me stop it, without asking, without my approval... RETURNS/VOIDS the last sale. "Ok no big deal I will ring it up again or fix it in inventory. No way it sent the return to the credit possessor." I open Credit Processing and THERE IT IS. $85 APPROVED and then 5 min later $85 VOID. So I don't have the money. The customer and item are LONG gone. And WHY DID THEY VOID A CONFIRMED APPROVED CREDIT CARD 5 MINUTES LATER!!! What if it was more money? We have sales up to $200! Just had a record breaking $500 sale that took 15 min bc during it the system started scanning items in wrong! We have been open 6 months. This CAN NOT HAPPEN AT CHRISTMAS! We changed companies.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 06/04/2021
Paige F.
Museum Store Manager
Fine Art, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2017

"An okay system for PC but no compatibility with mobile technology and prone to dumping data"

Comments: I used Quick-books for about a year and while it was an easy system to use on the PC, I found my business needs were better met by moving to a POS system that was mobile friendly.
Quick-books has a very easy to use the system--items are tracked with a generated barcode and the system lists when the item was brought in when it was purchased last, and by whom it was purchased.
I appreciated the compatibility of the technology to be able to automatically print barcodes for our use as opposed to other Mac POS systems, and overall the system was just fine until one day, two days after the largest sale of the year for our company, I went to ring up an item and I found Quick-books had experienced a major glitch and had deleted all the inventory I had added, sold, or updated within the last two weeks. I was devastated. I had input over 2,000 new pieces (individual, one-of-a-kind pieces of art) into Quick-books for our annual holiday sale and then when I tried to secure records for the pieces sold, bought, or input, suddenly the barcodes did not work, there was no record of me having ever entered in all the new works, and I had no sales records for over 100 artists. Luckily my accountant and I, the Store Manager, had already paid out everything that was sold from the large event, but I spent hours inputting the data back in for the remaining pieces. I was confounded and furious and customer service had no answers as to why this had happened. I immediately began researching POS systems that were mobile friendly and that stored my data and records on the Cloud or other web means so that I would never again have to experience lost data. My decision to move from Quick-books was justified when, just a few weeks later, I went to another local business to buy running shoes and the saleswoman apologized for the slow checkout process, noting that overnight her entire inventory had been wiped clean from her POS. I asked what POS she used, and sure enough, Quick-books had done it to again, left someone in the lurch from unexplained dumped data.
For the price and poor customer service and unreliability, I never regretted moving from Quick-Books Point of Sale to another POS system. I now use Shopkeep and I am very happy with it.

Pros: Very easy to use. It generates bar codes to corresponding with individual or grouped items and then displays the price, merchandiser, and all vital information in the same place for me to find. I liked to be able to track when, where, and by whom an item was brought in and then sold.

Cons: Quick-Books was prone to glitches and to dumping, data on inventory entered. I lost over 2,000 records on new merchandise brought in for our annual holiday sale. Overnight there was no record I had ever entered, sold, or updated anything over a two-week period, the most pivotal two-week period of our year. Luckily my accountant and I had already paid the artists for their sold works, but it took hours for me to put the inventory back in and update the records. My sales records for those two weeks were also unaccounted for, and suddenly my sales were down by thousands compared with the last year. I was purchasing running shoes from another local business down the street a few weeks later and the saleswoman was having a field day trying to sell anything as overnight, same as what happened to me, Quick-books had dumped all her inventory and it had to be entered in again.

• Reviewed on 01/02/2017
Jeanne C.
Administrative Coordinator
Law Enforcement, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/01/2019

"Best in combination with Quickbooks accounting software"

Comments: Overall, this is a decent POS software. I like that it talks to QuickBooks accounting software and manages inventory. Invest in a bar code scanner and receipt printer. Plug and play - easy to get them to work with the POS software. A good software for medium skill level users if you want more depth than a standard POS like Square.

Pros: Quickbooks POS is a good software to use in combination with the Quickbooks accounting software. It syncs your inventory, tracks your purchase orders, invoices, bills and checks. You can hook up a bar code scanner for ease of use and have a portable bar code scanner for inventory.

Cons: I'm sure there's better POS software out there but I'm used to Quickbooks and it seemed fairly easy to use. The interface could be better looking. It's kind of dated and a little complicated to look at and find what you need. The sync with the accounting software takes a while. You may have to find 5 minutes to do something else while waiting for it to sync.

• Reviewed on 20/01/2019
Janeen K.
Administrative Secretary
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/09/2019

"Easy to use"

Comments: Very basic and easy to use for small companies. Not good for large or high volume stores.

Pros: Very easy to use, easy to train new people. Easy for people who are not experienced on cash registers or computers.

Cons: Not easy to keep track of sales by item. Not easy to look up items. Not easy to research prices by item.

by Intuit on 26/09/2019

Hello, Janeen. Empowering you with the tools you need to get the job done quickly and easily is our top priority. It's great to hear this has been achieved for you! We recommend browsing the Community for tips and tricks on tracking sales and searching for items and prices. Here, you'll find a library of articles and advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/

Thanks for stopping by to leave a review.
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 24/09/2019
Sonja F.
Controller
  • Reviewed on 01/04/2021

"Difficult Program"

Comments: Too difficult and creates such unproductivity in the staff when trying to correct sales, inventory, receiving, etc.

Pros: Not much. We use QB POS 18.0 and it's really not user friendly for anyone in our company. We went through a sales tax audit and the sales tax auditors refused to deal with POS reports because of it's difficulties.

Cons: See above. So much to write. The POS should when integrating with QB Enterprise have the correct sales receipts and journal reference numbers populating correctly but does not. Talking with POS IT people was futile in getting most of the issues resolved. We are looking at getting out of this software and into something else.

• Reviewed on 01/04/2021
Kunle A.
Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2017

"Best in its league."

Comments: I have been able to overcome every possible problem, from the way I see it every problem about QuickBooks has a solution.

Pros: Well as a professional and software developer, I have experienced many POS applications in my career but Quickbooks seems to be the best and easiest solution for me. I have recommended to my clients, they use it and personally I support them in case of any issue what so ever. I can boldly say for the last 7 years, quickbooks still stands out.

• Reviewed on 20/11/2017
Meg D.
Admin Assistant
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2019

"Slow and not always intuitive but it works for many different functions"

Pros: Great for tracking inventory and customers, great for sales orders and a services oriented business.

Cons: It is slow in a fast paced retail environment. Getting all the information is pretty slow going and not always intuitive for the new cashiers and many members of staff working in a fast paced store.

• Reviewed on 26/02/2019
Jaunett P.
Supermarkets, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/11/2017

"QB POS is worth a try"

Pros: QuickBooks POS is a very affordable system. You get a lot of bang for your buck. Excellent at tracking inventory. QuickBooks tech support cannot be beat.

Cons: Reports are clunky and hard to navigate. The POS system does not connect with QuickBooks desktop as well as it should.

• Reviewed on 09/11/2017
Brittney W.
Accountant
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2018

"Intuit Quickbooks"

Comments: Offers the software on apps for mobile phones!

Pros: The best online accounting software for small businesses because of the flexibility and extensibility. It's very easy to use and well-designed. It can serve a wide variety of users.

Cons: The customer support is the weakest for this software. It may be because of the amount of businesses that are using the software but the support is slow to get ahold of and sometimes have to go from one person to another to get the problem fixed.

• Reviewed on 17/02/2018
John H.
CAO
  • Reviewed on 04/04/2018

"QUickbooks Intuit"

Comments: I like it. Makes book keeping easy

Pros: Great Program. Easy to use. Have no complaints. I have been using it for a while and have not considered other programs.

Cons: Nothing. Its a great program. No complaints. I have been using it for a while and ignore other sales calls because its a waste of time.

• Reviewed on 04/04/2018
William P.
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2019

"AT A LOSS!"

Comments: AWEFUL, I cannot imagine how you can screw up what was a great product so badly

Pros: QUICK SALE MENUS only only only only only

Cons: ALL OF THE NEW WINDOWS, I had QB POS 2009 before.

• Reviewed on 10/08/2019
Savvy P.
Recruitment Manager
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2018

"Ample features and easy navigation"

Pros: I ended up saving thousands a year when I moved to Quickbooks POS and adding extra steps at the checkout.

Cons: Customer service is a little pricy and updates will also be an extra cost. Suggest to add your own customized fields.

• Reviewed on 13/03/2018
Jennifer B.
Sports, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2019

"Customer Service Nightmare"

Pros: We had hoped it would work with our QuickBooks accounting program, but that wasn't as easy as we had been told.

Cons: The customer service is outsourced and their reps have very little grasp of the English language. Our experience was so horrendous that QuickBooks refunded the entire amount we had paid for their product after hearing about what we had to endure.

by Intuit on 18/10/2019

Hi, Jennifer. Thanks for sharing your review. It's discouraging to hear you had a less than ideal interaction. We're glad to hear you were able to get a refund. It's our hope that you'll give us another chance and continue to use the system. If you ever need a helping hand, we recommend checking out the Community. Here, you'll find a variety of articles and helpful advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/

Wishing you all the best.
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 16/10/2019
ECE Depot Worker
Higher Education, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2019

"QuickBooks"

Comments: We are selling things.

Pros: It's ease of use for normal operations, it's really easy to make a sale on.

Cons: It does have a lot of menus when doing tasks specific to my workplace, such as every year when we have to make purchases on the behalf of 100 different people, so there's no way to automate that, we have to do it one at a time.

• Reviewed on 13/03/2019
Paul P.
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2017

"OK for the average store"

Comments: Needs to have better CC processing rates and website shopping cart integration.

Pros: Easy to use, however it is not reliable. Easy to train employees how to use. automatically ties in to QB financial

Cons: Crashed often or locked up. Data went missing. Some reports were useless. No flag for items that are on sales orders when received. Could not combine multiple orders into one transaction.

• Reviewed on 10/08/2017
James P.
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2018

"Quickbooks POS is an easy to use solutions for selling goods in a store."

Pros: Easily integratable with Quickbooks accounting hence making accounting seamless.
It works well in selling of goods and services.
Supports tracking of inventory hence easy to know how your business is doing.

Cons: Not readily intergratabe with mobile payment solutions in Kenya
For small shops the price is a bit high.

• Reviewed on 29/08/2018
Melissa H.
Building Materials
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2016

"Quickbooks POS review"

Pros: It's great for run of the mill retail. Easy to use for most transactions.

Cons: Doesn't allow for quoting without adjusting inventory. Needs more options for retailers that manufacture.

• Reviewed on 20/09/2016
Mitch S.
COO
Photography, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/04/2018

"Keep Your Books in Order!"

Pros: Quickbooks is full of all the features you need to keep your books in order. It syncs with almost all major PSA softwares, which is vital in this day and age.

Cons: The setup time and learning curve is high. You will run into some problems from time to time, so be prepared to workout small issues that might arise.

• Reviewed on 09/04/2018
Thad A.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2020

"Do not use do not recommend"

Comments: Pretty terrible , Will be moving to a different pos as soon as we can. Support is non existent

Pros: None No tech support and after you wait for an hour they don’t speak English and hang up on you

Cons: Clunky interface, having to wait over an hour for tech support and then having them hang up on you, having chargebacks and not being able to dispute them even though we had all the information for the card and the owners signature.

• Reviewed on 26/02/2020
Customer Service Representative
Oil & Energy, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2018

"Difficult to operate without assistance"

Pros: Ease of entering orders and invoicing customers.

Cons: Beyond order entry, there was difficulty everywhere else. Having no proper training with the system, attempting to sort through the system yourself was difficult. Inventory was impossible to upload correctly, making sales tracking a mission. Running reports was a half day task.

by Intuit on 24/10/2018

Please know we have a wealth of training tools to ensure you can master and operate QuickBooks with ease. To start, we offer walk-through guides to help you sort through the system, run reports, and upload inventory in our Community (https://intuit.me/2rJQ95o). I encourage you to check out this self-help space, as well as our weekly webinar service (https://intuit.me/2rDBlWL). The second occurs in live time and is hosted by experts, so the assistance you need is only ever a click away. It's the perfect outlet when you need to learn more about the basics, and we created both sites with you in mind.

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 19/10/2018
Cheryl S.
Cheryl S.
contractor recruiter
Staffing & Recruiting, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2019

"In House Payroll Software"

Comments: Is Excellent

Pros: I absolutely loved everything about this software. All you have to do is plug in numbers and it will do the rest for you. Has multiple reports that can be pulled to keep you in the know all the time about your business assets

Cons: How to do W-2's, at first was a challenge , however after the help with Quick books, it became very easy after initially doing it for the first time.

• Reviewed on 09/01/2019
Student of Physical Therapy
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/04/2019

"Helped keep transactions accurate"

Pros: It is fast and easy to use. There were many times when I was balancing the registers and QuickBooks helped me catch and fix mistakes. Our transactions were more accurate because of it.

Cons: It took some time to get used the process for making a return when customers had changed their minds about purchases.

• Reviewed on 13/04/2019
Debbie R.
store owner
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/05/2018

"Quickbooks"

Pros: I like the fact that everything is organized and will help me at tax time.
Easy to enter info once you learn how.

Cons: It's hard to learn. I have another program, A Professor Teaches Quickbooks, that I highly recommend. It's helped tremendously!

• Reviewed on 04/05/2018
Jenni M.
Sales associate
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2019

"Good way to keep up with transactions!"

Pros: It is pretty easy to use once you get it figured out. It has a good layout with the categories and tabs.

Cons: I do not use it often enough to really have any cons about this product, but it can be confusing if you do not know what you are doing.

• Reviewed on 15/02/2019