15 years helping Australian businesses

Enterprise Suite Reviews

About Enterprise Suite

Upwork Enterprise is talent platform software that helps businesses find, manage, and pay independent professionals.

Learn more about Enterprise Suite

Pros:

It is simple and easy to use and you can connect with people which they have jobs to do.

Cons:

The interface is terribly restrictive and confusing, seems like several projects glued together without internal cohesion.

Enterprise Suite ratings

4.4
4.2
4.4
4.2

8.1/10

Enterprise Suite has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 124 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Enterprise Suite before?

Kristie
Kristie
Amazing Video Effects and Graphics! in US
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

It's Like Finding Treasure in a Pile

Comments: Upwork has been a great experience for me. I can find a freelancer to help me with my projects in a day or less than 24 hours. It is extremely fast and reliable. I have the app downloaded on my phone so that I can fall back onto Upwork for hiring freelancers. I have tried hiring people off of Indeed but they were not as reliable as the freelancers on Upwork. Upwork freelancers can be aggressive and they may ask to get paid outside of Upwork, but if they do, I don't pay as much as the freelancers who are willing to get paid through the Upwork app.

Pros:

Upwork has been my fastest method of hiring freelancers to work on my business-related projects. I have hired three people so far to help me with my business and it seems to be getting better as I have adapted to the platform. I heard about Upwork from someone in Los Angeles who was teaching dropshipping and e-commerce. I wasn't comfortable at the time using Upwork because I was a freelancer myself but as my projects became more complex and I became more busy promoting my business, I looked into Upwork to help people who were willing to help me make my business ventures come true.

Cons:

Upwork doesn't have the best freelancers to choose from. Many of the freelancers I chose were those who were great in communication and were really willing to help me promote my brand, Kristie Kim Design. There are tons of freelancers to choose from, domestic and international, but I moved forward with the freelancers who stuck with me and kept contacting me. I don't like when freelancers ask me to pay outside of Upwork. If they ask for this, I do not end up paying as much as the freelancers found on Upwork. I understand Upwork takes a part of the payment when I hire a freelancer, but I find this as a safe option to keep a record of how much I spend hiring freelancers.

Andrew
Andrew
Chief Operating Officer in US
Internet, 11–50 Employees

Great Way to Find Contract Resources

Comments: Overall, Upwork allowed us to resource a project without going through the more traditional and expensive means of hiring a consulting/recruiting agency. As a client (as opposed to contractor), the fees are incredibly reasonable, as you are only required to pay for transactional fees. This is a much more preferable option to traditional recruiters. We will definitely consider using Upwork to resource our projects in the future.

Pros:

Upwork allows you to connect with a variety of service professionals from all over the globe. Their online platform is very easy to use for beginners, and allows for relatively advanced search functionality so that you can find the talent you need. Their customer service reps are very prompt and helpful, and someone contacted me within 24 hours of posting my available job. In addition, their candidate review and endorsement section is very helpful during the selection process, as you can review which candidates have a proven work history.

Cons:

The range of talent you can find on Upwork is almost too broad. In some instances, the price per hour can vary up to $100, depending on the experience and the location of the candidate. This can be a little overwhelming if you're a first time user and you unsure what to expect from the candidates. The communications policy with candidates is also very strict, and only allows you to contact communicate directly through the platform. While this may be sufficient for smaller projects, it is not conducive to larger project work.

Lucien
VP of GTM in Italy
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Upwork Enterprise is a must-have tool for a dynamic startup constantly looking for talent

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: If you are a savvy product company I think Upwork Enterprise is a must. In many cases, you'll find talent with diverse skillsets to build MVPs for you that you can test and validate before deciding whether you want to go all in or not.

Pros:

The most powerful feature about Upwork enterprise suite is simply the talent pool on Upwork. As a startup, we firmly believe before hiring you should explore all other options to get something built and off the ground. We use Upwork across the business hiring diverse skillsets for missions to help us validate new products and processes. From there, this acts as a sensational hiring process because you can try multiple upworkers before meeting a candidate you want to hire full-time.

Cons:

I think Enterprise suite could integrate AI to help with the process of writing job ads and streamlining the set up process. There is still a lot of guess work that goes into Upwork posting including being unclear about per hour wages and what to write to attract the right candidate. Using their vast data set, I am sure with the implementation of AI they can make this even more streamlined.

Marin
BDM in Hong Kong
Building Materials, Self Employed

A company that does not care about its freelancers

Pros:

Nothing, horrible experience with a company that does not do what it preaches.

Cons:

I joined Upwork in March 2020 without initially having any intention to do any freelancing. A few days later, a client invited me to bid for their project. It was a very small project at that time, but it slowly became a much bigger project. I had some small contracts with other clients too, but rather small. I was in the top 3% of freelancers and used to get a few requests and invites for jobs every week. Beginning of April, Upwork sent an email to both I and my main client to say that they were "reviewing" our contract. Now, mind you, that contract has been into place for a year and we never had any issues with it. They have asked us for a ton of papers and both me and the client provided them with everything. It was a painful process and then a few days later Upwork suddenly sent us an email (me and the client) saying that our accounts have been suspended. This came as a big surprise, especially since they even wanted to disclose the reason behind it was. Both I and the client were honest, payment was being done timely and I always had 100% job success rate. Moreover, any other active contracts that I had were also cancelled, meaning there is no way to collect the money now from those clients nor from my biggest client either. I have messages Upwork a few times and tried to understand why my account has been suspended, which again, they just ignored. It is a very frustrating experience when you pay over $3000 in commission to Upwork for a year and get shut down....

Nalika
Assistant/Software Technician in Jamaica
Insurance, 2–10 Employees

Great for Remote work networking!

Comments: This software has made it more possible for me to connect with employers from around the world. Also, the platform protects the workers from a possible scam to occur with an employer.

Pros:

I like most that this software allows people from all over the world to connect with each other in one big workplace.

Cons:

What I like least is that you now will have to purchase connects in order to apply for a job. I think it's difficult for persons to be seeking jobs to get money and have to spend to get that job.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11–50 Employees

Great for Talent Acquisition

Comments: Really helpful when looking for certain people with certain skills or talent

Pros:

Easy to use, has a very wide platform, and a lot of talented individuals on this app. Though we need to filter it carefully to avoid scams

Cons:

Sometimes the notifications don't pop up which is sad because it's important so we can reply to talents and clients on time.

Hend Abdalla
Hend Abdalla
product owner in Kuwait
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Freelancers landmark

Comments: A nice place to challenge your skills and get introduced to global market from wherever you are

Pros:

Account creation steps very easy, yet controlled, the best personality verification among other platforms. a lot of opportunities of work, all what you need to know about your client and his history.

Cons:

Number of monthly connects are very limited. Very high competition Raising talents faces a lot of disappointments to reach a gig

Torikul
Torikul
Freelancer - WordPress Developer in Bangladesh
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

Such a great marketplace that love clients and freelancers both

Comments: My overall experience is fantastic with Upwork, it's super easy to use, highly secured and a lot helpful. It helped me to grow my business and take it to the next level. If I need a talented person, Upwork is my only choice even If I want to provide services around the world, Upwork is my only choice.

Pros:

One of the best freelancing platforms out there in terms of security it provides for money transfers between seller & freelancer. I like so many things about this freelancing marketplace especially the hiring system. As a client, I can easily tell the freelancer what I need, and the suitable freelancers bid on the post, this process always helps me to find out a talented person. There is no spam here, freelancers are so serious about their job. Even I can pay the freelancer by using the best suitable method and way such as the hourly or fixed project.

Cons:

I have used Upwork from both sides, as a freelancer and as a client. Overall everything was really amazing except few things from the freelancer side. Upwork certificate has a tight limitation, people who have WordPress related or other certificates, can't add it to their profile because there is no option. As a result, a freelancer can't add his perfect skill proof to the profile. Upwork has released a new feature called Project Catalog. This whole functionality seems not completed yet, there is no analytics option on it. There is another issue I've noticed from the client-side. If the payment method is not verified, freelancers don't bid on the job post. A new client who joined Upwork just now maybe one day or two days ago, they don't know anything about it. So, they send job posts without verifying their payment method. I think Upwork should have a functionality that no one can send job posts with an account that does not have a verified payment method.

Nedys
Management Secretariat in Colombia
Internet, Self Employed

Opportunities

Comments: I have had very good experiences with the projects achieved on this platform.
They also take care of the client as well as the freelancer giving them the same priority so that both parties receive their benefits fairly and respectably.

Pros:

It is a platform that allows you to get work projects in which you can start even if you have little experience and you may be surprised by how much you can find to do and learn from each project you undertake. If you are dedicated and take into account the warnings of the platform not to contact clients outside the platform you can have great success. GO FORWARD!

Cons:

Lately, they are exaggerating a bit the amount of Connects required to be able to apply for a job offer.

Dennis
Dennis
Marketing Director in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

From Freelancer to Hiring Freelancers

Comments: A mixed bag. I appreciate upwork for facilitating the ability to work, and find great talent. They just need to work on their freelancer relations.

Pros:

I started my career on Upwork, and because I got the opportunity to grow in my field I eventually landed a position where now I am working full time and hiring others from upwork. Upwork allows for talented people to get the chance to make a living.

Cons:

It's hard to get started. You're competing with a lot of people who have more reviews, and therefore it's hard to get the first job. Upwork will also always side with the hiring party and never the worker.

Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Fantastic for finding and working with contractors

Comments: I've used it on both the client and contractor side, and love the protections it offers on both sides. Large talent pool for clients and contractors alike, which is why they charge the fees I discuss. At the end of the day, if you need contract labor, or are looking for contract work, this is the creme de la creme in my opinion.

Pros:

It's like having escrow and a mediator for any client/contractor relationship. I've worked as both a client and contractor on the platform and love what it offers. As the client is that the fees are primarily paid by the contractor. I feel like perhaps this should be split between both parties, but that's just my two cents. It protects both client and contractor making sure that the work gets done before payment, and that the contractor gets paid if the work is completed to spec. They have a time tracking tool that takes screenshots of the contractors screen to ensure they are working on the client's project, and not billing for browsing FB or Twitter.

Cons:

As a contractor, the initial fees are 20%, which feels a bit steep. They do add a lot of value in terms of the client pool, and I realize they are in it to make money, but as an American contractor competing in the global economy, I find I have to underprice my services to compete already, before the 20% cut that Upwork takes. I finally worked my way up to Top Rated, which means I only pay 10% on some projects, and the 20% can also be reduced on long term projects, but that's my only gripe. Otherwise, I love the marketplace it offers. Important caveat: What I mention above may be a perk if you are a client looking to hire talent on Upwork.

Design, 2–10 Employees

Upwork is a great tool for all freelancers

Comments: Overall, Upwork is a great place to make a living as jobs are regularly available to apply and win. The product also provides different payment options which makes it more user-friendly.

Pros:

Upwork is very easy to use from the standpoint of the freelancer. The platform also provides payment flexibility for the buyer while the seller can charge as much as the job is worth. Also, it is easy to charge clients per hour or per project, which is another amazing feature. Finally, it is quite easy to integrate Upwork into my freelance writing business.

Cons:

One shortfall of Upwork is that it is not easy to navigate to your personal profile link to share to other platforms. In addition, Upwork has to improve on the availability of writing gigs so that buyers can find them. A difficult part may be the instant notification for jobs that you don't usually get on time.

Milagros
Analyst in Mexico
Market Research, 51–200 Employees

A Solid Freelancing Platform

Comments: Getting jobs and hiring good freelancers is easy to do after some digging. There are many freelancers and job offers but using the right filters and making the most of the tools provided by the platform can streamline the process.

Pros:

There is any number of jobs available on Upwork, which provides freelancer with many different options. From an employer's point of view, it is a great tool as well as it provides information about the ratings, earnings, and skills of a freelancer. In addition, there are different packages and on-the-go options that allow for quick completion of urgent projects.

Cons:

There are so many freelancers and jobs that some scams and bad offers might creep in. In addition, it has become a more difficult place for new users as getting good initial work to earn a quality score is not as easy as it was three or four years ago.

Commercial Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

More than just a time tracker

Comments: If it had better time tracking increments (down to the minute) this would be a very good time tracking app for freelancers.

Pros:

Easy to use time tracking that only requires one click to start and pause. Periodic activity and screenshot tracking is built in so it is more than just a time tracker. Offline time tracking is a big bonus to areas with unstable internet connection.

Cons:

Time tracking is wonky and sometimes inaccurate. The app tries to track time in 10 minute increments so if you work under that amount, sometimes time isn't tracked. Periodic screenshots make it feel like big brother is watching you.

Anamta
Student in Pakistan
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, Self Employed

Want to be Your Own Boss ,Try Upwork.

Comments: It is good and I have decided to work more and more on Upwork.

Pros:

Upwork is a leading freelancing marketplace where you get a high worth of your skills, there are thousands of skilled jobs are available on Upwork and it's a perfect place to find your desired job if you are a freelancer and if you are an employee then you will get a reliable, skilled worker . Here the probability of scams is very less and I really enjoy the support that Upwork provides to its employees and freelancers. Upwork keeps a check and balance of its employees and freelancers so that if someone tries to do anything out of the terms and conditions of Upwork so he/she would for sure going to be noticed by the Upwork team so it's a safe place to do your business. Upwork provides ease of money transfer, security also by the small investment you can get some perks to be highlighted if you are a freelancer and also it provides several methods to validate your existence as a real-time employee to whom a skilled freelancer can believe and serve you.

Cons:

I just dislike one of its features that you have to wait to become 18 years old to join Upwork. But somewhat it's ok to wait till 18.

Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

My experience

Pros:

Hi I used Upwork for my work. It's a excellent site for freelancer. You can find world-class freelancer in Upwork marketplace

Cons:

Please approve only experienced freelancer cause Upwork have lots of unexperienced freelancer

Zsolt
CEO in UK
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Talent at a click of a button

Comments: I love how it connects me to people.

Pros:

I like how I can search for 5 different kind of solution providers at the same time. I take 5 minutes a day per kind of solution provider. I can search for talent directly, and if urgent, get a response within 24 hours. With a well written job description, this could mean work starts in 24 hours.

Cons:

Their website payment freezes with random errors, so I cannot hire candidate. But I just switch to mobile view. If my card is frozen, and I try payment, it says card is rejected, have to go and provided CVC code again to activate it. Bit a of a hassle, a "try again" button would be great.

Patricia
Virtual Assistant in Peru
Architecture & Planning, 2–10 Employees

Upwork - The best platform to get clients / freelancers

Comments: I am a user since 8 years ago as a freelancer I am very happy. Also, I helped my clients to post jobs and hire freelancers in Upwork. The platform works great for both clients and freelancers.

Pros:

The software is very easy to use. They always are updating and improving the platform features.

Cons:

Nothing comes to my mind. I am really satisfied.

E-Learning, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Too Many Scammers

Comments: I am very frustrated with Upwork:
1 - too many scammers, asking you to talk over Telegram, Skype, and then basically ask you to pay upfront a deposit, software, before you can work with them.
2 - when you go back, you will find the message they sent to me over Upwork is removed, the job post is also removed that you can not flag it as inappropriate.
3 - Upwork is totally disappearing in the whole journey, you can never reach any useful person or email, all you can use is some FAQ, which is useless.
4 - Then what ends up is I am burning my 'connects' to scammers.

Pros:

A popular and famous site for freelancer jobs

Cons:

The use of connect, can't relate to the reward from the job.

Jisselle
Jisselle
Associate Director in Trinidad & Tobago
Consumer Goods, 11–50 Employees

Been using Upwork for years!

Comments: I like Upwork. I've used it to recruit many, many freelancers for myriad projects.

Pros:

I love the time doctor, the EASY payroll and payment functions, the reporting, and the top tier freelancers. Also, I like the personalized customer support that comes to help with recruitment for featured jobs.

Cons:

It's costly. Freelancers have to pay to apply to jobs, and then we also pay a mark-up when we make payments to freelancers. Also, if you don't pay for a featured job, you barely get applicants.

Researcher in Zambia
Research, Self Employed

The best and most reliable platform to do some part-time jobs

Comments: I am satisfied with what Upwork offers so far as it is a very credible platform for freelancers

Pros:

Upwork has genuine people and jobs unlike other freelance platforms which have a lot of scammers. Most of the features are also free. And there is an Android app for Upwork as well

Cons:

I do not get any notifications email notifications on available jobs that I am suited for thus I have to search for the jobs myself

Joseph
CRO in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

The most important recruiting tool

Comments: Overall a very good experience and I would highly recommend to others.

Pros:

Upwork is really the most critical tool you need to manage a startup when it comes to finding great talent. At our company we have used it over and over again to recruit for both short and long term assignments and we have been very successful finding good talent.

Cons:

Nothing really stands out in terms of areas of improvement. It is simply a great tool that every startup needs.

Mohammad Jan
Manager in US
Translation & Localization, Self Employed

Excellent product for freelancers

Pros:

It is very easy to use, to find excellent freelancer to do your job in an easy and fast way.

Cons:

Easy payment, easy feedback option, and easy project completion.

Alexandra
Alexandra
CEO in Estonia
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Great Platform with a few flaws

Comments: I like the functionalities overall, but dislike the high amount of competition and margin Upwork takes.

Pros:

I use it from both angles- both for finding freelance jobs, as well as for finding candidates; I love that switching is seamless, finding your messages is a no brainer compared to other UIs, and of course I love the fact that there are many opportunities for freelancers offered online. Also, Upwork staff can help with requests asking for what to post to find freelancers, and their newsletter gives helpful tips pn how to find freelance work.

Cons:

As freelancer I find the share Upwork takes a bit too high (they should make it 10% deduction for everyone), and there is a huge amount of competition from low cost countries.

Ganesh
Ganesh
Business Development Manager in India
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Best Platform to find talented freelancers

Comments: Can get the projects done at any deadline.

Pros:

Upwork is the most excellent platform for hiring freelancers around the world. Helps to find the best talent for the projects with the exact skills match. Also 100% trustable platform with highly skilled professionals

Cons:

Service fee is very high compared to other platforms