Filter by:

• Overall

About Sage HR

Sage HR is an award-winning HR management solution that simplifies HR.

Learn more about Sage HR

Lynda S.
Admin Assistant/Receptionist in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees

Sage HR review

5 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Quite happy using Sage HR

Pros:

It was integrated and linked to our Health insurance coverage. Very easy/simple to use and straight forward, very private.

Cons:

Issue with password changing from time to time, so took a while to get it reset.

Antonio R.
Head of I.T. in Spain
Chemicals, 51-200 Employees

Looks great and offer many modules and but the functionality of most of them is very basic.

3 last year

Comments: Certainly cakeHR solves part of the management of my company's talent department, but it is still far from being a suitable software for companies with more than 50 employees.

Changing any software in a large organization is complicated and I believe that CakeHR has a great potential to be exploited, so I still hope that they will listen to the users' suggestions and implement the requested functionalities.

It would be a good thing if they published the roadmap so that we could know how they are going to develop the product.

Pros:

The user interface of the web application is nice. It is easy to use by employees for absence requests. The calendar view is very convenient to see at a glance the planned absences. The talent department likes the performance module.

Cons:

General: The administration of the system is difficult. It is not prepared for companies with more than 50 employees because any type of grouping has to be done employee by employee, among other thigs. Support: It is disconcerting, sometimes responding quickly and providing some solution, but most of the time, besides responding late, it gives the feeling of unprofessionalism. Interface: Apparently it is nice, but there are some views, such as the user profile management, where they are limited to show in a single column each one of the fields, which makes very uncomfortable the information visualization. Document management: It is extremely basic and not very efficient. It becomes chaotic. Absences: It more or less works well, although as always, with little flexibility, burdening the talent department with avoidable tasks. Expenses: The same, very basic implementation. For us to be able to use it in my company a couple of additional fields are needed (name and VAT number of the provider) which they promised to add before the second quarter of 2019 but have not yet done so. In general there are few updates. I feel that they were adding new features more frequently at the beginning of the year. Mobile application: It is very basic, almost no functionality. You can't clock in/out from the app, which is essential these days for employees who move around. From support I was told to access the web application from a mobile browser... API: Very basic and incomplete.

Unathi V.
Sales Admin Manager in South Africa
Food Production, 201-500 Employees

sage

5 2 months ago

Comments: i use sage for applying, checking and approving staff leaves.

Pros:

it is simple to use this software and it removes the delays that most of us experienced when we used to apply for our leave using the paper system.

Cons:

i like that we no longer have to deal with paper work.

Nereida B.
Nereida B.
ANALISTA CONTABLE in Venezuela

Management of employee permits and other human resources tasks.

5 4 years ago

Comments: A big problem that I have been able to solve with CakeHR is that I receive email notifications of employees' free time requests and approve or reject them by the same email. This has made things easier for me.

Pros:

What I like most when using CakeHR is the ease of registration and access; the function "history of changes made" to facilitate the tracking of changes in the data is very good; and when generating reports with a single click is wonderful.

Cons:

A big disadvantage of CakeHR is that it integrates with payroll systems, but not with benefit portals or learning management systems. We are waiting for you to integrate all this.

Xolani Z.
Freelancer in South Africa
Music, 2-10 Employees

Sage

5 7 months ago

Comments: Great software for payments

Pros:

Sage is a great software, you get to capture and manage your payments very well and organized

Cons:

On Accpac when posting payments, you get those errors batches and you have to repost and its time consuming

Edward M.
Head of People & Culture in Hong Kong

A solid option for a startup and SME

4 2 years ago

Comments: This has been a great solution to managing the day to day HR ops. I also like that i feel that i am contributing to making this product better such is the interaction with the CakeHR team. I am starting to reach some scalability limits but this software is evolving and i wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to a startup or SME.

Pros:

It has all the standard features you need at a budget friendly cost and the customer support is responsive. The UI is intuitive, even for the employees who didn't really need any training to use it. I also like the G-Suite and Slack integration.

Cons:

It needs more feature updates to have better functionality and scalability - the support team and community is pretty good at taking on requests and fixing bugs though.

Alternatives Considered: Zenefits, Gusto, ADP Workforce Now, Zoho People, bob and BambooHR

Switched From: Zenefits, Gusto, ADP Workforce Now, Zoho People, bob and BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to Sage HR: Cost and required features

2 years ago

Dear Edward, Thank you very much for your insightful review! Do not hesitate to share your ideas with us, your feedback really matters :) With thanks, Viktorija

Nichole D.
Program Manger in Canada
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 Employees

Simplifies are HR needs

4 2 years ago

Pros:

Before using cake HR all of our time sheets and tracking where done on excel and staff had to to submit them to find out their time off, sick and vacation. Cake HR does everything automatically and gives staff real time information.

Cons:

I wish time sheets weres available on mobile .

Alternatives Considered: Google Sheets and BambooHR

Switched From: Google Sheets and BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to Sage HR: Price

2 years ago

Dear Nichole, Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us :) If you have any further suggestions, please do not hesitate to share them with me directly, or notify us using ''Suggest Feature'' in CakeHR Chatbot. Best regards, Viktorija

Angie K.
Director, HR and Talent Development in US

Truly - a piece of cake!

5 2 years ago

Comments: Great!

Pros:

Simple - user friendly where you can jump right in with little to no training necessary on most features

Cons:

no sample templates or surveys for performance management to start using right away that can be edited/customized towards specific organization needs - would be great if there was a starting base to better understand how to use those features with best practices and samples showing ways to measure performance based on newer trends (OKRs, 360 evals, 1 to 1 meetings).

2 years ago

Dear Angie, Thank you very much for your positive review. We really appreciate you being a loyal client and helping to share the word about us. We provide only templates, as it is easier to adapt them according to one's specific needs. However, we are always trying to give as many examples as possible during the onboarding process. In case, some more inspiration required, do not hesitate to contact us through the chat box, we are always happy to help and share some tips and tricks. :) With thanks, Viktorija

Madeleine H.
HR Manager in Germany

Great, easy to use tool

4 2 years ago

Comments: CakeHR makes it easy for us to save and document our time-offs, no matter if its vacation, sick days, business trips or home office days – finally everything is put in one place. Due to the great Slack integration, the chatbot informs us about absent employees every morning and makes it easy to plan our resources.
Costumer support is amazing!

Pros:

- saves all our time-offs - overview above vacation and sickdays - reminder for birthdays and work anniversaries - Slack integration

Cons:

- a bit too less flexibility regarding time off policies (e.g. it would be great to have a policy where working students could enter when they are in the office, not out)

2 years ago

Dear Madeleine, Thank you so much for taking time to submit your review! I will get in touch with you, so we can go through policies and set them up in the way it works for your company. All our features are fully customizable, so I am sure we will find the way you get the most out of it :) With thanks, Viktorija

Teona B.
HR Director in Georgia
Investment Management, 11-50 Employees

HR Module

3 2 years ago

Comments: it's comfortable in use comparing with our previous HR portal, but definitely it's not tailor-made for customers and our contact person in support team is negligent and not professional

Pros:

it's easy to use. has nice interface. n/a

Cons:

1. unfortunately phone application it's not comfortable for managers. Computer version is more friendly than mobile app 2. support team does not support in professional and western manner, couple of times they didn't answer my e-mails and removed me from correspondence and contacted my IT manager instead, when the issues were very specific related to HR and couldn't be answered by IT alone 3. Presence monitoring is not relevant. If employee takes first half of the day as an annual leave, you see it all day long (i.e. it doesn't disappear in the second part of the day and information is so long that you should scroll down a lot to see all staff leave data) , if employee adds second part of the day as annual leave it shows employee's data twice on bar. same goes with all type of leaves. If employee is late, it shows whole day long, why? what't the value? My IT contacted support team as they don't answer me and he said that it's like this though illogical. 4. Support team uploaded staff info provided by me, and they didn't even check that some data were missing i.e. personal information of employees were missing and they didn't double-check if every box was filled or missing something

2 years ago

Dear Teona, Our entire team apologizes that our service did not satisfy your expectations. We set a high standards for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that those standards were not met in your interaction with our business. CakeHR team love helping clients and I am sure we did not intend to make you feel left out by contacting your colleague instead. We will internally investigate this situation to make sure those misunderstandings does not happen again. I will contact you directly to determine how we can provide you with a solution that will make you smile :) Let's get on a call and address this asap, we value your business. Thanks so much for letting us know! Viktorija Customer Success @ CakeHR

David B.
CEO in Chile
Internet, 51-200 Employees

Great tool to strength you company culture

5 5 years ago

Comments: An important part of our work culture is flexibility. Cake HR has helped us manage our time off, work from abroad, work from home, and sick days policies in a very easy way, without taking time from managers, and giving transparency inside the company.

Pros:

Easy to setup. Even gives you an organizational chart as you add everyone with their reporting lines. Integrates with Google Apps. Easy approval of time-off requests with one click from email. Dedicated customer support.

Cons:

Some of our policies were a bit tricky to setup (non US nor European company).

4 years ago

We love working with you, David! Policies can be a tricky thing when you have employees in other countries but I'm really glad that we get you set up and making the most out of CakeHR for years!

Rodrigo D.
COO in UK
Retail, 11-50 Employees

An HR "silver bullet"

5 5 years ago

Comments: We turned to CakeHR when we got to 9 employees. Until then we were tracking MyShowcase on a clumsy spreadsheet that was always wrong. From one day to the other everything was easy and clear. We've kept on using CakeHR. We now have 27 employees. Never have we done any training. CakeHR is super easy to use, new employees seamlessly get on with it. I strongly recommend it for any small to medium sized company.

Pros:

Ease of use Feature set fully meets our needs

Cons:

none

4 years ago

Thank you, Rodrigo! CakeHR is perfect for the scaling and growing company. I'm really proud that we hit it off with your employees.

Nikolay A.
COO in Ukraine

Good and very intuitive tool. Some country features are missing.

5 4 years ago

Pros:

Intuitive tool. Employees like it . Good management workflow. Good ability to manage approves via emails.

Cons:

We still need to support two tools. We count vacation from start day of the employee, but CakeHR count vacation days from the physical year

4 years ago

Hey Nikolay I'm going to set up a call to make sure your policies are set up correctly. It seems you have missed one important feature in policy settings so I'll spend some time with you to make sure it is correct.

Thailand Country Manager in Thailand
Gambling & Casinos, 201-500 Employees

Cake HR - it’s how you manage and track your people!!

4 2 years ago

Comments: Good experience using the app but used it only during requesting for tine off, holidays, or onboarding employees with meetings and catch ups, the app is too segregated from all the other apps and software that are used in the company, except the linking with slack. That’s the good part,

Pros:

It’s easy to use, and has all the info of people in the organization. The names, job description, if the employee is in or out, and/or on holiday. You can set up meetings and schedule on boarding of employees in your department. Request for days off through the app, and set goals and tasks for yourself and other employees. You can also send support and vote for people that contribute most in your organization, or give credit to others that help a lot. Selecting your absence policy and time of absence is also great

Cons:

Does not have enough features to get users engaged on a daily basis. Needs that extra functionality and features to get the users more engaged,

2 years ago

Hello :) Thanks so much very helpful and insightful feedback! I would be very grateful if you can contact me and share your observations and thoughts on extra functionality and features that, in your mind, will make your company employees more engaged and eager to use CakeHR on a daily basis. I am very much looking forward to hearing from you any time soon! With thanks, Viktorija

Leisha S.
HR Assistant in US
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees

Great for small businesses!

4 3 years ago

Comments: CakeHR is a wonderful and handy tool for a small business to keep employee information stored. It integrates with Google Calendar, Slack, and a few others so it is great for us.

Pros:

It's a great and handy system to keep tracking of employee demographic information, emergency contacts, time off accruals, etc.

Cons:

We couldn't upload employee files without multiple people having access to them. Some files were pretty sensitive so we had to remove them.

3 years ago

Thank you for your review, Leisha! Please use permission levels for file management on CakeHR! :)

Tea K.
HR, junior iOS Developer in Georgia

Thank you.A good software

5 3 years ago

Comments: I have at least three years of experience with this software. I know it is easy to use and very easy for me. This helps me to fulfill my duties quickly. I see a lot of employee's data.I love it

Pros:

This software helps me and my employees easily manage vacation and sickness.I can easily write down the hours of late employee.

Cons:

I like that it is integrated with a slick.

Max A.
Max A.
CIO in Hungary
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees

Everything we need and a bit more

5 2 years ago

Comments: i´m happy :)

Pros:

easy to use for all employees troughtout all applications

Cons:

price could always be better and the org chart has limitations!

2 years ago

Dear Max, We are very happy to receive your positive feedback :) Would you mind to give us some more details on what additional features you would like to see added to existing org. chart? Our system has evolved to be intuitive and user-friendly as a result of close collaboration with our clients, therefore please get in touch with us as your recommendations would be greatly appreciated! With thanks, Viktorija

Laura D.
Global People Happiness Lead in Spain

Cake HR is a Strategic Partner

4 3 years ago

Pros:

We have created a very close relationship of collaboration with Cake HR. The flexibility and adaptability to listen to our needs, make custom adaptations to the tool, etc has been of great value.

Cons:

In the past the festive day calendars where difficult to handle, to manual. I think now this has improves.

Craig M.
Craig M.
Director in UK
Furniture

Great software with great people behind it

5 4 years ago

Comments: Staff are happy that they can book request their holidays at any time and have almost instant approval in many cases.

Pros:

Clean and user-friendly layout with amazingly helpful people behind the scenes. Lee, in particular, is incredibly helpful.

Cons:

The only thing would be the lack of calendar view holiday on mobile app. We have an ever growing young workforce who book their holidays on the app but they are unable to see if other workmates have already booked time off.

4 years ago

Hi Craig! Many thanks for your review and we have loved supporting you throughout implementation and beyond. Right now, we're developing the calendar view for mobile which is really exciting. I'll let you know once it has been released!

Laily A.
HR in Indonesia

CakeHR review

4 2 years ago

Comments: CakeHR help me to making management challenges more manageable and easy to tracking the employee.

Pros:

Simple and easy to use, have a good user interface and complete features to manage HR system. We can customized the features based on company needs. If I have a question about the feature, the team has a quick response.

Cons:

I have using cakeHR for more than 6 months, so far there not found difficulty.

2 years ago

Dear Laily, We are very pleased to hear you find CakeHR beneficial for your company! I would like to ensure you that we will continue to improve and offer the best quality services we possibly can :) With thanks, Viktorija

Benjamin K.
Studio Experience Manager in Singapore
Design, 11-50 Employees

Pretty decent leave management!

4 4 years ago

Pros:

We liked the ability to create many time off policies, the granular control of assigning different time off policies for different employees and who can approve whose time off.

Cons:

Documents management could be way better. For starters, we would like the ability to rename files and not have their entire file names listed out. It would be great to be able to sort them into folders. And for employees to be notified of any file uploads. It really ought to behave more like a proper bulletin board and not be an afterthought.

4 years ago

Hi Benjamin, thank you for taking your time to submit the review, some very useful advise and ideas here! :) With regards to Documents Management, couple of things are already in place - e.g. employee notification that a new doc has been uploaded. All the other ideas are excellent and are now added to the pipeline, so please watch this space! :)

Dionisios L.
CTO in Greece

Excellent HR software and great team behind it

4 4 years ago

Pros:

It addresses many of our company's HR needs in an easy and user friendly way. It has greatly transformed the way we are working and people have embraced it.

Cons:

Nothing in particular. Could you with some more localisations though but, other than that, only minor annoyances.

Rachel R.
Rachel R.
Assistante Ressources Humaines in
Aviation & Aerospace, 51-200 Employees

Amazing customer support

5 5 years ago

Comments: Starting as a team of 3 in 2009, we are now a team of over 95 people, so an Excel sheet for managing leaves was no longer a solution.
CakeHR is the only online software leave management which is exactly what we expect for our company.
We are really satisfied with client support, they are kind, helpful and respond amazingly fast. They listen to your needs and wishes.
CakeHR is user friendly and a real asset for employees, managers and HR !

HR Bakery, Ltd Response

4 years ago

We love SenseFly! Your sense of community in the workplace really resonates through to our office.

Jean-christophe P.
Jean-christophe P.
Managing Partner in Spain

CakeHR for a startup

5 3 years ago

Comments: Complex on boarding

Pros:

We are simplifying the monitoring of our staff movements

Cons:

Cost is prohibitive for that simple usage. And excel sheet can do the same, but not possible to integrate in calendar... so we have to pay for that comfort, that is not really well priced

3 years ago

Hello Jean-Christophe, thank you for your feedback. I am curious to learn how would you like to benefit from CakeHR as an HR Management System. There is more to CakeHR than creating excel-like reports and Calendar functionality. I would really like to ensure you get the most benefit out of your subscription so how about if we arrange a call where I can show you all functionality that is already available to you? :)

CEO & Founder in UK

Best HR tool for any business

5 3 years ago

Comments: Awesome! It's a great price and does everything you need without being overly complicated to get the hang of.

Pros:

It's extremely easy to use and for our team to grasp as well. I love that it integrates with apps like slack so the whole team can see if colleagues are off sick or working remotely. The policies they allow you to set are very flexible and once it's setup, it just runs in the background and you don't have to worry about it.

Cons:

Nothing. Honestly, I haven't found something I didn't really dislike yet. If I was to be really picky, I'd say that as a manager, it's not that easy to amend or add attendance records, but once you figure it out, it's fine. It does allow it, it's just one of the features that's less intuitive to use.