• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.6 /5

About Sage HR

Sage HR is an award-winning HR management solution that simplifies HR.

Learn more about Sage HR

Nicole S.
Business Manager
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2019

"Easy to set up and run"

Comments: Although we are only a small company, we were trying to manually record our employees' holiday and sick leave as well as days in lieu, but found that we were losing track of vital information. CakeHR lets us keep all this information in an organised way, and lets our employees also keep track of their accrued allowances, as well as requesting leave in a more formal and organised manner.

Pros: I really liked the choice of price points, depending on the needs of your business. The user interface is also intuitive, and the calendar integrates well with Outlook.

Cons: The trial version didn't have New Zealand public holidays automatically included, so I had to add these manually.

Dear Nicole,

I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying your experience with CakeHR!
There are a lot of features we keep updating on a weekly basis and, probably thanks to you, now we have possibility to import also public holidays of New Zealand.
So now, for certain, you can refer us to your New Zealand friends and colleagues, we are all set :)

Matt S.
  • Reviewed on 02/07/2019

"Simple, easy to use HR software"

Comments: Responsive to concerns, no reliability issues

Pros: Our team uses it to manage our paid time off and remote working policies. It's super simple and easy to use and very cost effective.

Cons: The way it is set up is probably designed for larger teams and takes a bit of effort in order to see everyone's calender as opposed to only the individuals on your 'team'

by HR Bakery on 15/07/2019

Dear Matt,

Thank you very much for your feedback! We suggest using also our CakeHR app, that will help you to manage time-off policies much easier and it's more convenient when you are on the go :)

• Reviewed on 02/07/2019
Anna J.
Director of Operations
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/07/2019

"One of the quickest growing HR systems on the market"

Comments: Only second to one system, which is unaffordable for us. I look forward to seeing how this company develops. I recommend this system for any growing startup and SME.

Pros: Very responsive team.
Slack integration of the leave management is handy and updates in realtime
Leave management is really good, I like that you can extra mandatory fields. We use this to track out of office staff, and remote working. It's also used to track time spent on their personal wellbeing.
The app is handy, I know most of the staff use this instead of the web version.
The org chart with collapsable levels and drag and drop changes is a very strong feature.

Cons: most cons are just potential development and improvement as apposed to major flaws.
Adding timesheets could be more streamlined, maybe a quick add from a calendar style overview would be nicer.
Expense management - it would be great to be able to integrate with Xero.

by HR Bakery on 16/07/2019

Dear Anna,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback and suggestions. Let's hop on a call and discuss those in more details. I will be in touch with you :)

André N.
Principal Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 15/06/2020

"Really nice HR tool"

Comments: Overall I was quite pleased with the experience while using Cake. We have since moved to another product.

Pros: I really liked the lean interface, which was easy to navigate and perform the operations you had to.
I used it from an employee perspective, mostly to schedule my time off.

Cons: Perhaps they could allow "normal" users to create custom dashboards, and have different types of activities in the paltform.

• Reviewed on 15/06/2020
Stefan W.
Managing Director
Online Media, 11-50 Employees

"Great"

Pros: For our company, it greatly simplifies the managing the holiday entitlement of our employees. Our employees appreciate the real-time view of their day-off and holiday balance.

Cons: - Day Offs:
In our company the day offs are flexible. Employees are supposed to take 2 day-offs per week, but sometimes these day-offs are shifted to the next week. (It's always within the same month though.)
It would be great to have some way to be alerted/monitor if someone requests more day-offs than they are entitled to. Right now I have to count the day off requests to make sure it's within their day-off limit. (Right now a staff could request more day-offs that they are entitled to.) Having this said, I don't want it to be shown as a yearly quota, same holidays and public holidays, as these days can be taken anytime, while day-offs are not of that nature. However, a monthly quota would be fine. - Time Tracking:
What is definitely missing is time tracking (for which we use HubStaff now) and overtime/undertime tracking. Our employees track their working time, and have a floating balance of time. Cake would be the complete and perfect HR solution if there was everything at a glance - the balance of Holiday, Public Holiday, Sick Days, Day-Offs and Over/Undertime.
Ideally, being able to differentiate between freelancers and full-time staff - where freelancer time results in salary and full-time staff time results in time balance.
Also, overtime should be able to be mutated (to holiday / day-off) or pay-off (define a per-hour amount for the time, calculate the pay-off, deduct the time from the balance.)

Hi Stefan!

Many thanks for the detailed and honest review! We are making leave requests far more transparent for managers so that you can be alerted when they are overspent.

I'm going to set up a call with you to make sure you're being onboarded to the new Timesheets module we have been developing over the last months!

Craig M.
Furniture, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2019

"Great software with a great team behind it"

Comments: We solve the complexity of holidays clashing with Cake HR. It's a a core part of our business that every employee uses.

Pros: I love how simple it is for our team to request holidays and to monitor sick days also. The interface is nice too.

Cons: The app is a bit limited and it would be helpful if it offered a full calendar view.

Many thanks, Craig!

In case you feel that you have any other feature suggestions you want to share with us, please make sure to post them through your app or profile, green box at the bottom of right corner :)

Best regards,

Anna R.
Head of HR
Commercial Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2019

"Cake is great for small companies"

Comments: Overall we are happy and will continue to use Cake for hopefully many more years. We hope our requestes will be taken to development

Pros: It was very easy to setup
it´s quiet user friendly
it allows some automations vie receipts
price is based on users

Cons: as we grow very fast our needs change, even tough the cake team did implement a few changes to also accommodate our needs some are not satisfied yet:
option to choose a worktime pattern when adding new user
complex leave policy setup with formula for holiday allowance based on i.e. (age, number of children etc.)

by HR Bakery on 02/07/2019

Dear Anna,

Many thanks for your honest feedback!
I just wanted to mention that there is automation available for some other tools except recipes. Let's get in touch to discuss our further cooperation and make sure you're making the most out of your subscription with us.

• Reviewed on 27/06/2019
Excellence Coach
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2019

"User friendly HR app - highly recommend!"

Comments: Overall, an amazing experience. I did a bit of research as to what CakeHR can do, and when I approached the supporting team, they are very accommodating and patient in regards to the questions I have. Customer service is definitely one of the things that stood out to me, how responsive and helpful the team is - shout out to customer service who has been helping me along the way!

Pros: How easy it is to get a hang of using the app, which also makes it easier for us as a company to onboard members and encourage them to utilise the app accordingly. There are a lot of functions to play around, and I find 90% of the functions applicable to the company, and would be applicable to other companies too. Makes keeping track of employee's goals and tasks easier than ever, with notifications sent to certain individuals frequently yet not too much that they would consider it as spam.

Cons: Wish there could have more functions to track the personal development of employee(s), like having a roadmap or letting them see what is the next step for them to advance to.

by HR Bakery on 14/06/2019

Thanks a lot for such kind words, we really appreciate your feedback!
If I understand you correctly, you are already using CakeHR Performance module. However, due to the reason that we are constantly updating our existing features, it would be great to arrange a quick call, to make sure you are getting the most out of your experience. Please get back to me, so we can agree on a time and date :)

Natasha M.
Office Administration Manager
Events Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2017

"Cake HR has removed the headache of having to keep track of each team member's time off requests."

Comments: The software nearly runs by itself - as long as each user is trained properly. This allows the Administrators to focus on other important tasks.

Pros: I like the ability to create custom time-off fields for employees and being able to see everyone's future time-off requests for planning purposes. The "reporting" is very helpful for managers to use during our annual performance review process. Being able to color code the time-off fields makes the platform attractive on both desktop and mobile. I love being able to store HR-related documents for easy access. The entire platform has made our HR processes more efficient. LOVE, LOVE , LOVE!! :)

Cons: As an administrator/manager of the software, I find it difficult to navigate on my Android phone. I don't like being limited to this as I sometimes have to approve individual "time off" requests in the absence of the company President and when I am away from the office.

Natasha! Thanks!

It sounds like you're all set to go!
I hope our recent update to the mobile has benefited you in terms of user ability. We want to make sure that you are efficient even when on-the-go.

Frontend Engineer
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2019

"A great organisation software"

Comments: I use CakeHR on a daily basis to schedule my vacations, to register expenses and to schedule my home office days. I also use this software to check when are my team-mates in office or away

Pros: This software is very user friendly and you don't need to be an expert on websites to figure what you can do inside the platform. Is also an easy way to organise your team vacays and to have a overall view of the entire schedule

Cons: The only downside for this software is that sometimes when creating a new account the invitation request might fail but the support temas acts quickly

by HR Bakery on 22/11/2019

Hello,

The team here at CakeHR is thrilled to hear such great feedback :)

Referring to the stated issue, invitation requests are not actually failing but expiring if you have not logged in within the next 48 hours. It is actually a common practice and was introduced for security reasons.

Thank you once again and we are looking forward to many more years of successful cooperation!

Best regards,

• Reviewed on 25/10/2019
Sarah W.
V/P of Operations
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2019

"So easy"

Comments: We track holidays by anniversary date. Before CakeHR it was a daunting task to keep track of everyone's entitled time. Now we don't have to worry at all.

Pros: This software is easy to learn, easy to use and great for tracking holidays, sick time, appointments, training etc..

Cons: Time off per individual should be the first page or we should be able to customize our views.

by HR Bakery on 21/06/2019

Dear Sarah,

I very much appreciate your feedback :)
It's actually possible to customize your dashboard, add or delete information blocks based on your preference and needs. I'll contact you directly and will show you how it's done!

• Reviewed on 18/06/2019
HR Manager
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees

"Easy"

Comments: I love the attitude and easy way of working with Cake HR! attitude, customer oriented mindset and ability to look on us as unique client , to listen to needs and respond ... My experience is really great! and even if there is missing some functionality - cake hr is seraching for the ways to improve it.

Pros: Cake HR helps to fix the basics, to have a structure for people management matters. Excellent soft, have helped a lot in case where we needed to start from scratch and move from excel to something more up to date in HR .

Cons: some functionality is missing what I have experienced with global providers. example - access rights, management between different companies if on holding.

by HR Bakery on 14/06/2019

Thank you for you review and pointing out those things!
We are already working on mentioned features, most actually already done! If you want to know current status please contact us and we would be happy to give you more details and arrange some demo call :)

HRM
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2019

"Nice but too young yet :)"

Comments: Could be a good choice, but functionality has to be improved

Pros: User friendly
Flexible (at least in concept)

Cons: No recruitment module
Not enough fields in recipes (I am pretty sure that it is possible to let user to use much more variables and logic operators (jumps, triggers) and play with boolean search and complex logic).
No calendar of upcoming appraisals for all the company, which could be useful for HR service to plan the load (I mean, standard calendar table view for the whole year)
No recurrence (you should duplicate the same task manually, instead of setting of recurrence 'once per every 6/12/18 months etc")
When you change initial task itself, the workflow which includes this task, still contains not updated version. As for me, if any component has been changed, it should be relevantly changed in any more complicated structures which contain that 'brick', instead of manual searching where this component could be used and further manual changing.

by HR Bakery on 22/01/2019

Hi there,
thanks so much for leaving a detailed feedback - this allows us to constantly review our product and improve! :)

As it happens, we are about to release our new shiny Recruitment module! You are very welcome to test it out in the beta version - please get in touch with me directly and we'll set it up.

We are also constantly adding more Recipe variables, and there are to meet our customers' demands. If there is anything in particular that you think should be added to the Recipes, please get in touch.

With onboarding tasks, it has to be looked at each case specifically as one scenario will not fit all and therefore cannot be applied automatically.

I would love to go through these points with as you directly I can see some very good ideas there. Please write to me :)

Ilona

Jahana U.
  • Reviewed on 03/08/2017

"Great for our agency of 25 people."

Comments: Total organization of our company's tasks and projects.

Pros: The dashboard is my favorite feature. After about a year I have the perfect system set up to control all my own tasks while managing and overseeing everyone's tasks in the company. Timesheets are also great.

Cons: Creating recurring tasks can be tedious. Support helped me figure out a way to duplicate entire projects, but then making changes don't apply across the board. If there was more ease of use, Wrike would be perfect.

Hi Jahana,

It sounds like you've reviewed Wrike but not CakeHR :D Not to worry, I'm going to set up a call and make sure you're happy with our solution!

• Reviewed on 03/08/2017
Faïz D.
People Happiness Support
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2018

"It's a good tool !"

Comments: As I said Cake help us a lot to register holidays, goals, 1o1 ... of our employees. The only improvement area would be the availability of help when needed

Pros: It's definitely a good tool ! It has a lot of functionalities.

Cons: Unfortunately, the customer relation is not that good as the tool itself. When I required help, I didn't receive a quick answer.

by HR Bakery on 20/08/2018

Hi Faiz, thank you for your feedback! :)
I'm pleased to hear that you are enjoying your experience with CakeHR so far and I am sorry to hear that you felt our support team had't replied in a timely manner. I can ensure you that we are working hard on making sure every customer's needs are addressed with accuracy and efficiency, and we are constantly looking at the ways to improve our service, and your feedback is much appreciated :)

• Reviewed on 06/08/2018
Liana C.
Sr. Manager, Operations
Logistics & Supply Chain, 11-50 Employees

"4SIGHT"

Comments: Excellent. I have to say the support group is exceptional!! They point you in the right direction and check in to see if you were successful.

Pros: Functionality, ease of use and support. Note: just that line alone was not enough to allow me to go to the next question....

Cons: Would like to have more options to change amounts of vacation time and updates to assets.

• Reviewed on 10/06/2019

"Basic but decent product"

Pros: It's a simple and to use product that does one thing and does it well.

Cons: There are few things are a bit more cumbersome than they should be. It's a basic system, not too many advanced features.

by HR Bakery on 12/06/2019

Hi :)

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. As we are constantly improving already existing features, as well as, working on new ones, it would be great if we can take our conversation further, so I not only can introduce you to possibilities that probably were missed out, but also take this opportunity to understand more of what you would like to see, as based on received feedback, we're frequently improving UI, UX and CakeHR features.

Let's schedule a quick call and discuss your ideas further!

Andreas B.
CEO, DN. (Leg. Naprapat) Neurac Instructor
  • Reviewed on 23/01/2018

"Easy to use, both for admins and employees with a great overview and superb support"

Comments: We get all the information fast and secure in to one system from our employees. No need to look in different places or having a risk of loosing papers or receipts when someone had an expense to report.

Pros: Intuitive and very easy to use. Give managers and employees quickly a very good overview.
It can automate many task. We use is to plan ahead and also follow up, for onboarding and now also for expenses.

Cons: The one thing we are missing is that we like to be able to set employment status in %, and have a start date for the change and also be able to get a rapport that show these changes.
BUT since we haven't brought this to their attention yet it's on us.

• Reviewed on 23/01/2018
Yannick G.
General Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2016

"We safe time with cakeHR for more than 5 years"

Comments: Perfect App for company who love to safe time with administrative procédures. Easy to manage TimeOff when many employees are abroad.
We are a company of around 30 pers.

by HR Bakery, Ltd on 18/01/2018

Many thanks, Yannick!

CakeHR is perfect for companies with an in-house team and for those with remote workers! It connects you all together and makes the company more transparent and efficient.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2016
Michael V.
General Manager / Account Director
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2017

"Officevibe is a great tool for assessing your team's happiness and culture."

Pros: I like the ease of use and the range of information that is supplied in the reports. The fact that the employee can customise when they will receive their questionnaire is also very helpful.

Cons: I think that the software can be used by employees as a venting room. Often negative comments are made for the sake of making a negative comment, and once we reply to assess where we can help, the employee hides and does not engage further. I think there should be more encouragement within the answers to suggest solutions to resolve issues rather than just vent about them.

Hi Michael,

Officevibe is a great tool but it is not CakeHR :D
That being said, we're releasing our very own Performance and Survey module for CakeHR customers in a matter of months!

I'm really excited to introduce this to you.

• Reviewed on 16/08/2017
Martti T.
Group Financial Controller
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2017

"when compared to our previous HR system, Cake.Hr is much easier to use and the UI is nice!"

Pros: User Interface looks really nice, includes many features and functionality wise is a real improvement when compared to our earlier software, modifications for our company needs are really helpful.

Cons: There were some set up issues , but nothing we couldn't overcome. Also, it was a little bit tough to implement correct way of calculating holidays, as the country in which we operate has different way of calculating holidays.

Hi Martti!

Yes, Finland has some weird and wonderful laws but I'm really glad that with the help of your team, we were able to provide you with our solution!

Matias V.
F&A Manager
Internet, 51-200 Employees

"Room for improvement"

Comments: Not great, not terrible

Pros: The flexibility for policies and their functionality.

Cons: Reports don't work well and are very limited. They don't calculate correctly the headcount and turnover, because it doesn't take into account terminated employees.

by HR Bakery on 16/07/2019

Dear Matias,

Thank you very much for your review. I am genuinely sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with CakeHR. However, I would like to assure you that the issues you have stated can be resolved within a minute. I'll make sure you're introduced and familiar with various possibilities of CakeHR reports.

Kendra G.
Executive Assistant
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2019

"Church Use"

Comments: Easy, convenient, and simple to use.

Pros: It's extremely user friendly - I love the graphics ALso love the review options

Cons: Not enough customization in the org chart.

by HR Bakery on 20/06/2019

Dear Kendra,

I am glad to hear that you find CakeHR extremely user friendly :)
In regards to the org.chart, we are working on it. We will do our best to present more flexible org.chart in due time.

• Reviewed on 19/06/2019
Gary M.
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2018

"Easy HR"

Comments: Excellent service beaten by phenomenal customer service. Easily the best experience I’ve had with any company.

Pros: My employees love how easy it is to request leave.

Cons: Other features can be complicated to find or use.

• Reviewed on 31/07/2018
Nataliya G.
Head of HR Dep

"so easy to use"

Comments: supportive team. perfect customer service.

Pros: User-friendly software, so many useful features.

Cons: some features should be improved and it is so pleasant to see that the team really works on it.

by HR Bakery on 25/06/2019

Dear Nataliya,

We are so pleased to hear that you find CakeHR being simple in use, as well as, our customer service - helpful. Thank you very much for your review!
It would be great to hear in more details what features, in your opinion, should be improved, so please do get in touch with us :)