15 years helping Australian businesses

About Sage HR

Effectively engage your people from anywhere with user-friendly and mobile ready HR software from Sage HR.

Learn more about Sage HR

Pros:

It very easy to use and setup. It is very simple, understandable and helps to solve problems quickly.

Cons:

Mobile application: It is very basic, almost no functionality. You can't clock in/out from the app, which is essential these days for employees who move around.

Sage HR ratings

4.4
4.6
4.1
4.4

8.4/10

Sage HR has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 354 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Sage HR before?

Nicole
Nicole
Business Manager in New Zealand
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Easy to set up and run

Comments: Although we are only a small company, we were trying to manually record our employees' holiday and sick leave as well as days in lieu, but found that we were losing track of vital information. CakeHR lets us keep all this information in an organised way, and lets our employees also keep track of their accrued allowances, as well as requesting leave in a more formal and organised manner.

Pros:

I really liked the choice of price points, depending on the needs of your business. The user interface is also intuitive, and the calendar integrates well with Outlook.

Cons:

The trial version didn't have New Zealand public holidays automatically included, so I had to add these manually.

5 years ago

Dear Nicole, I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying your experience with CakeHR! There are a lot of features we keep updating on a weekly basis and, probably thanks to you, now we have possibility to import also public holidays of New Zealand. So now, for certain, you can refer us to your New Zealand friends and colleagues, we are all set :) With thanks, Viktorija

Shakil
System Analyst in Bangladesh

Perfect Human Resource Management Application

Comments: Sage HR enhanced our efficiency and helped better manage our Organization.

Pros:

Perfect Human Resource Management Application for your Enterprise. Has plethora of features and makes the job for HR easy as such you can manage your Organization with less HR capital!

Cons:

This gets a little bit expensive when you've 200+ users, apart from that everything is nice and prompt.

Asnath
Assistant Projects Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

My Outstanding experience with Sage HR.

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I like how it's simple to hire new job candidates with Sage HR.It is simple to track employees time and attendance with Sage HR.It is a reliable tool for employees performance appraisal.It streamlines employees onboarding and recruiting process.

Cons:

I lack anything to highlight as drawback with Sage HR because it achieves all my objectives.

Dina
CIO in Israel
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501–1,000 Employees

Sage HR Review

Comments: It satisfy our needs, but I would expect insights from the tool & a much better UX that is lacking.

Pros:

The application is salesforce based & the IT staff can easily configure change requests, new processes, reports, etc,...

Cons:

The UX is old-fashioned - the employees & managers do not like it.It is far from best of breed in capabilities & processes.

Tonia
Director of Information Technology in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Great HR software

Comments: So far Sage HR has exceeded my expectations. The employee access feature is great. HR no longer needs to take time out of their day for things like pay stubs or W2's.

Pros:

It is very easy to use, each employee receives a login and can check they're pay stubs, W2;s and so on.

Cons:

nothing yet, so far it has been a great addition.

2 months ago

Thanks so much, Tonia for taking the time to leave your review of Sage HR. We love hearing how Sage HR is helping you and that it's exceeded your expectations!

Becky
Becky
Software Developer in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

SageHR is a great complement to our HR team

Comments: Sage HR's capabilities, like time tracking, basic HR functions, employee evaluations, work schedules, and absence management, make it possible to handle all of an organization's personnel issues from a central location. Employees may easily seek and get approval for time off, company papers can be uploaded and downloaded, and employee time management can be kept under control.

Pros:

Sage HR is superior than industry competitors and provides a more satisfying user experience. When it comes to managing staff, it works like a charm. In this respect, it performs admirably.

Cons:

Sage HR provides virtually everything a company needs to succeed. However, the interface might be improved so that the user experience is more streamlined.

Matt
CEO in US
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Simple, easy to use HR software

Comments: Responsive to concerns, no reliability issues

Pros:

Our team uses it to manage our paid time off and remote working policies. It's super simple and easy to use and very cost effective.

Cons:

The way it is set up is probably designed for larger teams and takes a bit of effort in order to see everyone's calender as opposed to only the individuals on your 'team'

5 years ago

Dear Matt, Thank you very much for your feedback! We suggest using also our CakeHR app, that will help you to manage time-off policies much easier and it's more convenient when you are on the go :) With thanks, Viktorija

Isaac
Isaac
IT Business Partner in Kenya
Construction, 201–500 Employees

SAGE HR Good product

Comments: Great experience and excellent system for anyorganization to onboard.

Pros:

Web based making it easily accessible across a wide variety of devices.

Cons:

It is generally OK but could end users make use of added functionality such as the ability of users to upload own achievments.

Akshay Sharma
Team Lead in Canada
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees

Great HR software that does a LOT!

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It's been effortless to set up and gets the job done without any fuss.

Pros:

It's really helped us streamline our HR processes from onboarding with e-signatures to managing our workforce online. Plus, the employee database is robust, and the workflow builder has been handy for our daily operations. And the half-price offer for the first three months was a pretty good bonus!

Cons:

Great product, can't think of any besides making a few changes to the UI.

2 months ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review of Sage HR. We appreciate it!

Daniel
Managing Partner in US
Computer & Network Security, 11–50 Employees

Modular HR sooftware

Comments: My experience was very positive. My interaction with Sage HR illustrated this software as an intuitive and comprehensive platform that streamlines HR processes, enhancing both administrative efficiency and employee engagement.

Pros:

Sage HR, an HR management offer solution regarding remote employee tracking, engagement, and management, mirroring the ease of office-based interactions. Being modular it does not confuse user by too many options and users can only have services that they really needed without having "Noise services". Its integrated platform automates tedious HR tasks and provides employees with secure, instant access to necessary information through individual logins.

Cons:

Now it has about seven versatile modules, including Core HR, Leave Management, and Recruitment, Sage HR streamlines everything from onboarding to performance evaluation. Features like customizable workflows, comprehensive reports, and an intuitive dashboard empower businesses to manage the workforce efficiently while safeguarding sensitive data. However, having even more modules such as file management could be beneficial for certain teams such as teams of scientists.

Stefan
Managing Director in Thailand
Online Media, 11–50 Employees

Great

Pros:

For our company, it greatly simplifies the managing the holiday entitlement of our employees. Our employees appreciate the real-time view of their day-off and holiday balance.

Cons:

- Day Offs: In our company the day offs are flexible. Employees are supposed to take 2 day-offs per week, but sometimes these day-offs are shifted to the next week. (It's always within the same month though.) It would be great to have some way to be alerted/monitor if someone requests more day-offs than they are entitled to. Right now I have to count the day off requests to make sure it's within their day-off limit. (Right now a staff could request more day-offs that they are entitled to.) Having this said, I don't want it to be shown as a yearly quota, same holidays and public holidays, as these days can be taken anytime, while day-offs are not of that nature. However, a monthly quota would be fine. - Time Tracking: What is definitely missing is time tracking (for which we use HubStaff now) and overtime/undertime tracking. Our employees track their working time, and have a floating balance of time. Cake would be the complete and perfect HR solution if there was everything at a glance - the balance of Holiday, Public Holiday, Sick Days, Day-Offs and Over/Undertime. Ideally, being able to differentiate between freelancers and full-time staff - where freelancer time results in salary and full-time staff time results in time balance. Also, overtime should be able to be mutated (to holiday / day-off) or pay-off (define a per-hour amount for the time, calculate the pay-off, deduct the time from the balance.)

6 years ago

Hi Stefan! Many thanks for the detailed and honest review! We are making leave requests far more transparent for managers so that you can be alerted when they are overspent. I'm going to set up a call with you to make sure you're being onboarded to the new Timesheets module we have been developing over the last months!

Teona
HR Director in Georgia
Investment Management, 11–50 Employees

HR Module

Comments: it's comfortable in use comparing with our previous HR portal, but definitely it's not tailor-made for customers and our contact person in support team is negligent and not professional

Pros:

it's easy to use. has nice interface. n/a

Cons:

1. unfortunately phone application it's not comfortable for managers. Computer version is more friendly than mobile app 2. support team does not support in professional and western manner, couple of times they didn't answer my e-mails and removed me from correspondence and contacted my IT manager instead, when the issues were very specific related to HR and couldn't be answered by IT alone 3. Presence monitoring is not relevant. If employee takes first half of the day as an annual leave, you see it all day long (i.e. it doesn't disappear in the second part of the day and information is so long that you should scroll down a lot to see all staff leave data) , if employee adds second part of the day as annual leave it shows employee's data twice on bar. same goes with all type of leaves. If employee is late, it shows whole day long, why? what't the value? My IT contacted support team as they don't answer me and he said that it's like this though illogical. 4. Support team uploaded staff info provided by me, and they didn't even check that some data were missing i.e. personal information of employees were missing and they didn't double-check if every box was filled or missing something

5 years ago

Dear Teona, Our entire team apologizes that our service did not satisfy your expectations. We set a high standards for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that those standards were not met in your interaction with our business. CakeHR team love helping clients and I am sure we did not intend to make you feel left out by contacting your colleague instead. We will internally investigate this situation to make sure those misunderstandings does not happen again. I will contact you directly to determine how we can provide you with a solution that will make you smile :) Let's get on a call and address this asap, we value your business. Thanks so much for letting us know! Viktorija Customer Success @ CakeHR

Lee
Principal Developer in UK
Internet, 11–50 Employees

A great HR platform for smaller companies

Comments: Overall I am very happy with CakeHR. I am able to figure out who is in and out of the office with ease. My staff love how fast it enables me to approve/deny the holiday requests as it gives all the information I need to make the decision, including automated emails to me and the other administrators. I love how I have been able to integrate this with my google calendar too. The reporting gives good information to so we can better tackle our staff who are off on long term sick etc. Would definitely recommend.

Pros:

I like how simple the software is to use and setup. Your business can be good to go in a matter of minutes. The UI looks good and is a very helpful tool to the organisation I work in. Gives me a good overview of who is off and for what reason that day!

Cons:

I don't like the permissions model. The reason I stated for a smaller company is because as you grow, it feels the permission model can become a bit more problematic if you want to be setting up complex permissions. E.g. Users able to see everyone off on holiday that day, even if not in your own team.

5 years ago

Dear Lee, It's so nice to see that you are actually using a variety of features and find them helpful :) I can assure you that there will be more permission models available in the future, we are working on it. I'll keep you posted on the progress. With thanks, Viktorija

Christy
Financial Controller in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Sage HR fan

Comments: I really like the overall platform, especially for the pricing. I was looking for a portal to be able to share paystubs with employees and track time and pto. There are a lot more features for a lot less money than I was expecting. Another thing that was very crucial to us selecting Sage HR was the response time. I needed a solution immediately. I was able to get pricing and the trial demo within an hour with Sage. Other timeclock providers that I reached out to for info, it took days to get a response and then it was "let me know a time we can schedule a call". I had Sage HR set up and implemented and I still haven't received pricing from the 3 other companies, in fact only one of those companies responded at all.

Pros:

document repository allows for you to upload documents, as well as share them with your employees. This allows us to upload paystubs, HR documents and communicate changes.

Cons:

I think the workflow and functionality could be improved. When I'm trying to filter to a location, once I update an employee I have to go back to the main page and refilter for the location. That's not bad on one employee, but when you update many employees it becomes time consuming. Also, Sage HR has workflow but it's very generic. I can create automated notices and tasks, but can't really do anything with them except complete it. I have more functionality and trust in Outlook tasks, because it allows you to update progress along the way. You can enter the info in notes, but again you have to go through several steps to get there when it could be automated.

Julie
SVP in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Excellent Product!

Pros:

Managing Time Off for multiple teams and multiple types of time off. Makes it very easy to see where everyone is without having to manage a company calendar. Easy to use on the go with the mobile app and emailing capabilities. Easy to accept someone's time off request within the email with just a click of a button. Absolutely love this tool for our team's time off.

Cons:

Can't set the admin to send me just my team's requests, so I get a lot of emails for our whole company. very hard to edit time off requests. Don't like that after it's approved, it's hard for the user to go in and change their request and be assured it's logged correctly.

5 years ago

Dear Julie, It's so exciting to see that you are enjoying both, our software, as well as the app! :) It's so important to have the ability to manage work-related tasks on the go, right? I'll contact you directly, so we can go through the permissions and time-off settings to arrange them in the way it works best for you! With thanks, Viktorija

Nichole
Program Manger in Canada
Individual & Family Services, 11–50 Employees

Simplifies are HR needs

Pros:

Before using cake HR all of our time sheets and tracking where done on excel and staff had to to submit them to find out their time off, sick and vacation. Cake HR does everything automatically and gives staff real time information.

Cons:

I wish time sheets weres available on mobile .

5 years ago

Dear Nichole, Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us :) If you have any further suggestions, please do not hesitate to share them with me directly, or notify us using ''Suggest Feature'' in CakeHR Chatbot. Best regards, Viktorija

Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

UX is great!

Comments: CakeHR is a much better experience for our employees than other HR services we have used. We have gotten positive feedback about it from our team.

Pros:

Really appreciate the amount of effort they put into designing this app out. The visual experience is far superior to any other HR app I have used in the past.

Cons:

There is additional functionality that can be hard to find, such as where to put documentation like the employee handbook. Also, I would like to see users be able to be grouped into multiple different teams or views.

5 years ago

Hello! I'm pleased to hear that you and your team are enjoying experience with CakeHR. I would love to have a further chat with you to review our document management feature, that is very handy in use. This feature gives you various possibilities to organize, store, as well as, notify employees on added documents, give specific permissions, so it's easier to keep a track. CakeHR also offers possibility to add as many teams as you like. Access to team's profiles, documents, reports, and much more can be set according to your needs. There is so many options we can offer you to make your work life easier, let's get in touch so I can give you a more insight! :) With thanks, Viktorija

Maija
HR Manager in Latvia

Good Help Center

Comments: 9

Pros:

Everything in one place was most important

Cons:

Not all functions are there which are needed

5 years ago

Dear Maija, Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts! Would be great to hear in more details about functions in your opinion are missing, let's schedule a call to see how we can make CakeHR more efficient for you! With thanks, Viktorija

Gary
HR Director in Japan
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

User friendly and easy to use.

Comments: Cake handles the things we use it for well. Tracking holidays, managing certain manually entered HR processes, but it lacks a lot of functionality which would be needed by an HR system.

Pros:

Well presented and easy to use for admin and for users.

Cons:

Still Missing features I would like to see from an HR control package

5 years ago

Hi Gary, Thank you for your feedback! :) I know that you have been in touch with our team before about various functions and features that you would like to use for your People Management, and I think we should get on a call to touch-base on our latest enhancements as I believe you will find them very useful and handy! I'll be in touch with you directly to arrange a call. Thanks Ilona

A great organisation software

Comments: I use CakeHR on a daily basis to schedule my vacations, to register expenses and to schedule my home office days. I also use this software to check when are my team-mates in office or away

Pros:

This software is very user friendly and you don't need to be an expert on websites to figure what you can do inside the platform. Is also an easy way to organise your team vacays and to have a overall view of the entire schedule

Cons:

The only downside for this software is that sometimes when creating a new account the invitation request might fail but the support temas acts quickly

5 years ago

Hello, The team here at CakeHR is thrilled to hear such great feedback :) Referring to the stated issue, invitation requests are not actually failing but expiring if you have not logged in within the next 48 hours. It is actually a common practice and was introduced for security reasons. Thank you once again and we are looking forward to many more years of successful cooperation! Best regards, Viktorija

Liz
Project Manager in UK

Cake HR is a very handy tool

Pros:

Shows how much holiday allowance is left in a straight forward manner. Very user friendly and simple to navigate around the site.

Cons:

The price went up recently which isn't ideal as we're not getting more for our money. Probably could offer more things on the site.

6 years ago

Hi Liz I hear your concerns about the price going up but without any new features. The pricing increase was our first in 6 years - since CakeHR began. "plans" became legacy and we made the cost much more easier to manage. The problem with the plans was that you would essentially pay double for a new hire that would take you from Plus to Premium, for example. That being said, this year, we're releasing the following: Timesheets & Scheduling Performance & Appraisal management Expenses Training Applicant Tracking All of the above whilst we are also improving on the current features! 2018 is going to be a hot year! If you want to talk about the pricing more personally, I'm more than happy to make arrangements for that and make sure you value CakeHR and your company correctly.

CEO in Chile
Internet, 51–200 Employees

Great tool to strength you company culture

Comments: An important part of our work culture is flexibility. Cake HR has helped us manage our time off, work from abroad, work from home, and sick days policies in a very easy way, without taking time from managers, and giving transparency inside the company.

Pros:

Easy to setup. Even gives you an organizational chart as you add everyone with their reporting lines. Integrates with Google Apps. Easy approval of time-off requests with one click from email. Dedicated customer support.

Cons:

Some of our policies were a bit tricky to setup (non US nor European company).

6 years ago

We love working with you, David! Policies can be a tricky thing when you have employees in other countries but I'm really glad that we get you set up and making the most out of CakeHR for years!

Lynda
Admin Assistant/Receptionist in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201–500 Employees

Sage HR review

Comments: Quite happy using Sage HR

Pros:

It was integrated and linked to our Health insurance coverage. Very easy/simple to use and straight forward, very private.

Cons:

Issue with password changing from time to time, so took a while to get it reset.

Andrea
Director in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

CakeHR works for Early Education

Comments: This has created a smooth way to communicate with staff about their work/life balance and we use it for both 8 hr day shifts and 10 hr days too.

Pros:

I like that my staff can see who else is requesting time off, so they can work as a team. Our workspace requires that no more than 1 person can be off at one time (due to ratio) so this feature is great. The customer service is outstanding and fast! Love the chat room.

Cons:

That when a new staff joins, the future black out days need to be "re-checked" for the new employees and this can lead to mistakes/misunderstandings since the code "blackout" wont' read correctly for them.

5 years ago

Dear Andrea, Great to know that CakeHR made it easier to focus on work-life balance, something very encouraging to hear :) I'll look into this matter and will get back to you with a solution as soon as possible. With thanks, Viktorija

Alina
Project Manager in Finland
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

CakeHR is pleasant and hopefully it will be developed further.

Comments: ToDo -lists and deadlines (e.g. Onboarding and offboarding activities are now under control.)
Directories and archives (e.g. company assets and documentation)

Pros:

I like especially the look and feel of the software and that it works quite intuitively. Also, the dashboards are great.

Cons:

It would be great if one could configurate it a little bit more. For example the holiday practices. And the user rights, e.g. so that all users could see each others' work contact details. Also, it would be great to have a personal training section for each member of the personnel.

6 years ago

Thanks, Alina! We're currently building a training section of CakeHR so you can keep track of certificates, documents and much more year on year! Using the Android or iOS mobile app for CakeHR, your employees can view the company's directory along with employee work contact information.