15 years helping Australian businesses

About Entrata

Entrata empowers real estate owners and operators to manage entire portfolios with one login from one centralized dashboard.

Learn more about Entrata

Pros:

Entrata makes it easy to pull virtually any data you would need and format it in a way that would be presentable to owners or investors.

Cons:

Some features are difficult to find or learn how to use.

Entrata ratings

4.5
4.4
4.5
4.6

8.7/10

Entrata has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 330 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Entrata before?

Helena
Helena
Operations Trainer in US

One Stop Shop

Comments: Our portfolio has consistently overperformed since moving to Entrata. We have more time to focus on our communities and their needs now that AR, AP, and leasing are so easy. Having all of our products in one place is fantastic.

Pros:

Entrata is built from the ground up. There are no integrations to worry about with other software for the core functions of Entrata. It is easy to use, intuitive and makes doing our jobs on a day to day basis much easier. On the admin user side, the settings are simple to navigate and with every change made in real time, Entrata makes it easy to change a company wide setting to make an instant change in function or procedure.

Cons:

Some of the feature requests take a very long time to be handled or recognized. I wish there were more sessions held on the updates made to the system on releases than just a weekly email on the updates. Having an Affordable piece that was not only ready but good would also be immensely helpful.

Elaine
Property Accounting Manager in US
Accounting, 11–50 Employees

Best software for Residential leasing & accounting

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall it's been great. I really like this software because it's made my job so much easier and my collections and communications have signifigantly improved.

Pros:

User friendly, compatability, excellent customer service, fantastic features and tools. Reporting that is easily customizable by the user. It's so much more flexible than our previous software and they are always striving to improve or create additional features specific to their customer needs. They are also super friendly and readily available by phone for support. I have never had to wait on hold. The CSR's are extremely knowlegable and professional. If it's an in depth issue, then the online tickets can take a while, but they always come through. Set up is a lot, but this is usually the case with any software transition. I will say that the transistion, although they always take some time and work, was the best I've experienced (and I've been through a LOT of them in my 30+ year carreer).

Cons:

Needing permissions to be turned on for every little thing if you are not an Admin can be annoying, but once it is set up it's rarely an issue.

Brianne
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

If You Want Zero Assistance and A Buggy System , Entrata is For You!

1.0 last month New

Comments: Absolutely terrible. I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy! Again, I have been doing this for 12 years and I have never seen such a useless system with such inept 'help' staff.

Pros:

Nothing is any better about this system than any other system you would get, rather it's far far worse than you could even imagine. I've been in Property management for over 12 years and I have never seen such a useless terrible buggy system in my life. Worse though is their complete lack of interest in helping the customer and the staff's overall cluelessness in the system, their inability to read your help ticket thoroughly so they keep asking the same question you have answered a hundred times and after all the back and forth over an issue that didn't exist a day before and you have done everything exactly as you always have, they just say to start from scratch. That's their 'help' every time. Also, even if you set the ticket to 'urgent' you won't get a response during working hours, it will be overnight, so even 'urgent' matters take days to come to that 'start over' response/'fix'.

Kristina
Market Team Leader in US
Consumer Services, 201–500 Employees

We love Entrata

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Wonderful! 10/10 would recommend to anyone in the Multifamily industry.

Pros:

We love the ease of use and that we can use Entrata instead of all different platforms.

Cons:

It tends to be a bit buggy after a standard update to the system.

Carrie
Owner in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Best PM software on the market

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Excellent. I can always get help and answers immediately when needed

Pros:

Easy to set-up, customer service is amazing, affordable compare to other platforms.

Cons:

Set-up can be challenging as there are so many options.

Fidelia
Manager in US
Management Consulting, 201–500 Employees

Entrata Review

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall the experiance with entrata has been excellent. No, complains support is quick on reponding issue reported.

Pros:

Information is easy to pull, ledgers are self explain. I have used other softwares and Entrata has been the most easy to use and manage. Also, to teach a new hire is easy, videos are very helpfull too.

Cons:

Generating report it could be confusing. Also, merging to utility billing was confusing speacilly to explain prices.

Thomas
community manager in US

review of Entrata

5.0 last month New

Comments: It was hard at first but I got use to it.

Pros:

It is easy to use and I can get a lot of things done in it. I can do my bills and run checks and do the delinquency's.

Cons:

Cannot think of anything right now. It was hard to get use to after being on Yardi for 20 years but all in all I finally figured it out.

Rachel

Entrata Review

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I really love entrata! It took a minute to get used to but I love it!

Pros:

How easy it is to use and reporting made simple as well

Cons:

How many different ways you can find something. Keep it simple

Brooke
Regional Sales Member in US

Friendly and Intelligent Interface

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I have had an excellent experience using Entrata. It is a great CRM data base.

Pros:

Friendly CRM tracking and user friendly!

Cons:

Time out times are affecting the afternoon workload, around 4:30 PM.

Mary
Mary
Resident Services Manager in US

Not Perfect, but Still a Great Software

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, my experience with Entrata has been a positive one. It's easy to use and is user-friendly. Even with the few things that I wish could change, it's been great as a whole.

Pros:

Overall the ease of use for Entrata is what I like most. When I first started, it didn't take long for me to get the hang of how Entrata works. The way everything is organized in the system as well is great and very user-friendly. The Entrata Help Center is very helpful, between the articles they have and customer support team they have.

Cons:

The part I like the least about Entrata is that when you're uploading documents or pictures, you can usually only upload one at a time. If it's just one or two documents, that's not too bad, but sometimes I'm uploading four or more items, and it slows me down when I'm trying to get my work done. There's also some times that Entrata is extremely slow, and it takes a long time for it to load a new page or load a document you're trying to look at or generate.

Rebecca
Analyst in US

Great Product

Comments: I love the product and very happy we made the switch, but there is always room for improvement. I am just happy the product continues to evolve.

Pros:

I love the ease of use. I love that it incorporates many aspects of property management from resident interface to marketing to accounting to asset management.

Cons:

feature requests are taking longer to get done. Support is difficult to get as you have to constantly reiterate issues.

Jillian
Regional Manager in US

Great Product, Great Staff and Always Evolving

Comments: Everything is easier: communication, payments, work orders, leads, follow ups etc.

Pros:

Entrata offers great products all around but the fact that their staff is available all the time is huge! You can call on the weekends or during the week and actually speak with a real person! Their online resident portal goes above and beyond giving resident's access but access that we can see on the management end as well! Being able to offer them streamline services with work orders, application processes and different payment options, proves that a software company can do it all. I also love that they are always evolving and asking for input!

Cons:

The improvements could be the apartment order as the numbers show up in the reports. It groups by several different options, but not a consecutive list. I am sure they can easily fix this!

Piper
Regional Manager in US
Real Estate, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Entrata User converted Lover

Comments: I used to be an avid fan of Onsite Realpage and in the last 6 years I've converted to a believer of the Entrata product the ease as well as the all in one capacity of the services.

Pros:

I appreciate the ease when onboarding new team members and residents but still being able to have functionality of multiple systems in one place on the back end. For my role it allows me to utilize the reports daily to track our progress whether it be financials, leasing or how effective our marketing strategies are working.

Cons:

I would love to see ways to create higher quality email blast within the system rather than always having to outsource and import. Additionally trainings of some of the higher level tools that entrata provides for managers regularly through monthly corporate trainings or possibly set up by individual teams within each firm.

Amanda
Senior Property Manager in US

Entrata- Still not sure

Comments: So far it has been a very big learning curve. I think the training makes it seem like it's very easy to use and ready to go. However, after using it in real time there is a lot more to it that what you think. Has some really great features but I am not sure if we are even using it to its full potential yet. I will update my review as time goes on and I have been working with the system longer.

Pros:

The dashboard showing all the tasks needing to be completed are very helpful, that way you know at the end of the day if you have missed anything. Customer support is very responsive in answering any questions or troubleshooting any problems within the system.

Cons:

Not knowing how many of the permissions are turned off at the beginning make implementation incredibly difficult. During the migration process and training period there should be discussion over the permissions, and they should be set up initially with the trainer. Sending residents applications and leases to sign has created confusion and most of the time prompts them to start a new application or guest card. This creates duplicate entries that sometimes you cannot delete until they move in (was told this by customer support)

Biswajit
Engineer in US
Real Estate, 501–1,000 Employees

A product you could rely on!

Comments: It has been a smooth experience so far with the features of the product. Feature-wise it's all good but the response time could be improved.

Pros:

First of all, The deployment (transition) was seamless. Lease tracking, Occupancy Management, Rental tracking, and online payments are the best features to make your work easier. Easy to understand and use all features.End-to-End services from financial to Maintenance.

Cons:

The support system could have improved. Sometimes the response is delayed for critical issues.Hold durations are longer when agents are busy with other users. Need to wait till 8 AM MT to speak to the support desk.

Claire
Controller in US
Investment Management, 51–200 Employees

The best Real Estate Management Software out there!

Comments: Entrata is customer support driven, is the best overall user experience and great value for the software. I highly recommend Entrata if you are considering switching to a technologically more advance software. I have used Yardi, MRI, AppFolio, Propertyware, QuickBooks, JD Edwards and more.

Pros:

Ease of use for property site users of the software, offers many tools to reduce employee headcount and overhead. Provides great training resources for new users.

Cons:

Custom financial reporting is not robust enough for companies with higher lever reporting requires than basic Income Statement & Balance Sheet.

Ronald
Assistant Manager in US
Real Estate, 501–1,000 Employees

Entrata is Simply the Best for Property Management!

Comments: Entrata is very easy to use, there's a couple of Wishlist items that I wish they would fix or include but overall, it's made my job as an Assistant Property Manager much easier than my previous property management companies who have used Yardi/Voyager/Yieldstar. There are very much similarities between Entrata and Apple as far as user-friendliness goes, top notch property management software, I'll always choose Entrata and vouch for it anytime I'm in a position to make those kind of decisions in the near future.

Pros:

I've used Yardi for many years before being introduced to Entrata only for a little over a year now and I believe this is the best product management software out. I can hands down say I've seen so many new leasing agents come in not knowing a thing about the software and becoming very familiar and teaching me new things by the second week of playing around with the interface and exploring Entrata. I as an assistant manager have taught my property manager so tricks such as the Merge Fields which I find very powerful and useful for reaching out to the entire community in bulk and also creating flyers, mass communication, updates to the property or projects happening, and even for delinquency collection. It's made my job 10+ clicks easier in comparison to Yardi, everything is straight foreward and not complicated. I love Entrata and wish this would be streamlined across the entire property management industry. Thanks for making my job easier!

Cons:

The website portion has some glitches I've noticed, mainly when prospects apply, some of the data does not transfer correctly so I have to do a lot of explaining upon receiving applications (eg. someone applies online and sees that the rent mentioned is only a fraction of what the asking market rate was from when they left the community after the tour). It definitely is the only major issue I've really experienced. Also, sometimes when applicants are trying to complete an application, occasionally it does not allow them to get to the next step to complete the application as if there's always something missing, Missing Fields but everything is complete so we often have to print out the application manually and sign it manually then need to scan and upload it when this happens. There should also be more than 2 uploads allowed for submitting documents the community needs to help process an application, for example, we need ID and 3 paystubs, most people don't know how to combined documents.

Natalie
Property Management in US

Ease of Entrata

Comments: I would say out of the other programs I have used before such as Yieldstar or Onesite, I would choose Entrata every time.

Pros:

Entrata is very user friendly. Its a mix of ease of onesite and accounting views like yardi. You can dig into the numbers on your financials and see exactly what is going where.

Cons:

Entrata is a very user-friendly program. Having new hires come onboard to learn it takes a fraction of the time.

Keith
Senior Leasing Proffesional in US

Good operational management tool

Comments: i enjoy using the software. it is very useful. we have been noticing a high volume of user related issues on the resident end of the platform. We would like for the help desk to be more responsive to resident issues. often times the resident is directed back to the property level for assistance. we spend various time weekly attempting to troubleshoot resident issues that should be solved on the customer support end to assist the resident

Pros:

simplified solution for our daily operational needs

Cons:

the software can present challenges in our daily usage at times. some of the issues might be permission based related features also

Mabry
Senior Property Accountant in US
Accounting, 51–200 Employees

Customer Support is iffy

Pros:

I enjoy that all aspects of property management are in sync with leasing, maintenance, reporting, and accounting all in one software.

Cons:

Customer service is not consistent and larger issues often don't get addressed. It seems like development team does not address bugs or glitches timely or ever. Specifically we have wanted to implement the PO system, but for close to 6 months this part of the software does not work (trying to import a catalog of PO items does not work). "Development team" has been looking into this for the entire 5-6 months and despite multiple follow-ups, there has been no changes or developments in this issue.Also - the "Gain Loss on Lease" and GPR does not make sense often and cannot be made sense of. When asking for support on how a number was determined, the support team does not offer much/any help.Lastly, customization of pricing through editing the pricing matrix on the "Pricing Dashboard" is clunky and inefficient.

Krissy
Assistant Property Manager in US
Real Estate, 201–500 Employees

Access Entrada on the Go!

Comments: I have used Entrata in the multifamily industry.

Pros:

The best thing about Entrada that puts it above many other property management softwares available is its accessibility. You can access Entrada on the go- ranging from a laptop, to tablet, to even your smart phone. It is a fantastic tool when you are out of the office, and need to complete tasks away from your desk.

Cons:

My biggest critique for Entrata would be to step up on their marketing game. What they have to offer is an incredible service, which I believe many more companies would benefit from. Unfortunately, most of the property managers I know use other software such as Yardi.

Ashley
Admin Specialist in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Entrata

Pros:

Entrata has a lot of options and is fairly easy to use once you get the hang of it. Support is always quick to get a hold of when calling and they answer or make sure you understand the answers first.

Cons:

A lot of things seem to be almost like a domino effect where if you choose one thing everything down the row is set and it's very moldable to adjust. I know this makes things easy with almost one or two clicks. I have sent in some request feature ideas but I have not seen them on their update emails yet.

rochelle
assistant manager in US

overall good system

Comments: overall the system is good, i just wish it worked better more consistently.

Pros:

i do appreciate the user friendly system

Cons:

what i like least is the functionality, there are a lot of glitches that happen very often and customer support is less than helpful most times especially when its an urgent situation. It can take weeks to resolve at times.

Amy

Property Manager Review

Comments: 9/10 good property management software

Pros:

User friendly and good resident interface.

Cons:

Constant updates- hard to track changes in work flow

Sean
Associate Community Manager in US

Amazing Tool!

Comments: Entrata makes everything super easy to keep track of but was very difficult to learn how to use all of it's features. Not everything is straight forward like viewing the application portal of guarantors and sorting applications and leases by days open. But rent payment tracking and general leasing is super easy to use and has a lot of features in the guest cards that allow for a quick glance to see what step they are on.

Pros:

I love how easy most things are to do in Entrata. From leasing to rent tracking, it makes all daily management tasks super easy. I also really enjoy the visual aspects of the leasing and rent tracking. It makes it super easy to glance at a guest card to see what step they are on.

Cons:

It has a very difficult learning curve. New staff struggle to grasp how to use Entrata for a couple weeks. Even then, it will take about a year until you master everything you are able to do. Also have some filters missing form the search function like number or an application or lease was open for.