15 years helping Australian businesses

About Gmail

Gmail is a cloud-based solution that enables businesses to send, receive, organize, and schedule emails across multiple user accounts.

Learn more about Gmail

Pros:

Gmail allows for a seamless integration of its features that are widespread across applications. Its security services are top notch and their customer service is notable.

Cons:

I dislike how hard it is to find my spam folder - I also dislike how many emerald end up in my spam folder.

Gmail ratings

4.8
4.4
4.7
4.8

9.4/10

Gmail has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 12,304 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Gmail before?

Filter reviews (12,304)

Olden
Olden
CEO in Zambia
Education Management, Self Employed

Gmail: The most Ultimate Email platform for efficient and effective organization in the world

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: My overall peak of experience about Gmail has been always affirmative because I find it's services to be reliable and user friendly email services that meets all the preferences of my needs as a user for Gmail for 40+ years now.

Pros:

What I did like most about Gmail is that, it has a clean and intuitive interface that makes it simple to navigate and to use always.

Cons:

I didn't like Gmail sometimes, due to lts ads intrusive which are distracting, to users.

Sean
Client Lead in US
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Gmail Usage

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Very positive. Don't think I'll ever use something else.

Pros:

I really like the ease of use across multiple platforms. I've used it for personal and professional needs and it always provides way to share and access information quickly.

Cons:

The "sign in with google" feature is really nice, but it's a great way to over subscribe your account and start getting blown up by an innumerable amount of emails.

Kateryna
Administration in Ukraine
Computer Networking, 2–10 Employees

Good and easy to use

3.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Good for team work and I really like to work in google workspace

Pros:

Easy to use for everyone. Good to team work

Cons:

None. Gmail is good mail service for me.

Israel
Israel
MSc. Bilingual Education in Ecuador
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Gmail is still the best email marketing service

Comments: My experience with Gmail has been productive and I would recommend its use for business management.

Pros:

The ease of use is what I really like about Gmail because it is designed not only for young people but also for adults. Another feature that is remarkable about zoom is how fast you can find former emails by typing one word related to the information you are looking for.

Cons:

I consider that spam messages sometimes are annoying and they are not blocked appropriately. I have received many spam emails lately so I would suggest to apply strict filters not to receive this content anymore.

Michelle
Clerk in US
Government Administration, 51–200 Employees

Why You Should Use Gmail

5.0 last month New

Comments: I love gmail. It’s easy to navigate, it is super user friendly, and I feel like I receive my emails faster than any other email service.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to access my emails, and how easy it is to search for certain emails. I prefer gmail over any other email service.

Cons:

There is nothing I don’t like about gmail.

Abideen
senior research fellow in Nigeria
Public Policy, 501–1,000 Employees

Gmail: A Perfect Option in Electronic Mails

4.0 last week New

Comments: I have been using Gmail for more than 10 years. I can recommend it to any user any day, anytime.

Pros:

It is always up to date and meets users' needs.

Cons:

Nothing. It is the perfect email platform.

Daniela Petronela
Sales Manager in UK
Automotive, 201–500 Employees

Gmail - best email

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: With Gmail you can get the best experience for email and email management. Is secure and offers you more space than other email platforms, worth mentioning less ads than other emails.

Pros:

In my point of view Gmail is the best email on the market. I really like that the email are almost instant between Gmail accounts. The user interface is beautiful and easy to use. Organizing the emails is easy with the custom tags and flags.

Cons:

No cons for Gmail, they could increase the free user space.

Malcolm-Louis
Warehouse worker in US
Consumer Goods, 10,000+ Employees

Gmail Review

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, I realized that google is a juggernaut of a company and can't be overlooked. Soon if not already, they will have majority of the world using their email service.

Pros:

I like that fact that it is a global option for a majority of login websites.

Cons:

Sometimes the vast amount of features can be overwhelming to a novice user.

Shuvo
Written in Saudi Arabia
Education Management, Self Employed

Best apps and very easy work

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Best apps and very easy work and very fast work

Jasmine
Assistant in US
Consumer Goods, 11–50 Employees

The best Gmail.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I have had gmail for 10 plus years i dont have other emails so i am greatful for gmail. I havent got locked out ever.

Pros:

What i love most about the Gmail is that i can literslly check my gmail anywhere i go. I can also set up on different devices Long as i have my 2 step method verification on. I Feel very safe a secure using gmail.

Cons:

If you don't have the 2 step verification on you cant get into your google account.

Abbas
Geologist in Pakistan
Oil & Energy, 51–200 Employees

Gmail. A complete workplace, rather than just an Email.

Comments: Gmail with all its drawbacks has became an integral part of my life, whether I have to send or receive an email, saving a contact or accessing a stored file in Drive. I just have to remember my Email and password to access a lot of things, which is a luxury that at this time no other company provide.

Pros:

Gmail gives you a lot of space to store your mails with heavy attachments, but that is something now days many other companies also provide. What makes Gmail unique is its multirole application. Gmail is required to operate your android, access play store, save contacts in Google Contacts, save and access your google docs, spreadsheet, Google Drive, etc or to make and access your personalized callender, and to retrieve all these on any device just by logging into your Gmail Id.

Cons:

The major drawabck is that it collect and store alot of data about a person from associated apps like Google Maps, youtube and search.

Mark Senyo
Head of Department in Ghana
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

makes you twice more efficient at communication, and tracking important updates

Comments: Gmail has helped me a whole lot. With it's integration with google calendar, I am able to keep a tab on important events and quickly send out mails if I need to. This has been particularly helpful in overseeing timelines with my teams.

Pros:

I like that it has a lot of varied options for customizing my inbox and the appearance or order of my inbox. From choosing which emails should appear at the top to the options for categorizing emails, gmail's custom options help make me and my team very efficient. When it comes to specific features, the conversation view has been one of my favorite ones. Allowing me to easily read through and catch up on updates I might have missed while I was away.

Cons:

The very efficient integration across Google's other services can be inconvenient. Sometimes, when I sign visit youtube and Google Search Engine website with my official work gmail account open, it automatically logs me in on the work account and saves my querries and web history under it; which can be problematic. I would prefer if I were prompted when i visit these other affiliated websites to choose which of my accounts I wanted to access it under.

Verna
Owner/Designer in US
Retail, Self Employed

Gmail: The Best Alternative to Paid Email Services

Comments: Being a small business, being attentive to and staying within my budget is key.
Gmail provides services for small businesses that are free or low cost to allow us to engage with potential buyers as professionally as possible.
Overall, I am highly satisfied with Gmail and I recommend it to family and friends who need email services.

Pros:

I've been using Gmail for at least 10 years for personal and business, but mores for business and it is hands down THE BEST free email provider! The many options available to send, sort, check, and save email is 2nd to none. With a spam blocker that actually keeps unwanted, unsolicited emails from my inbox, Gmail has been my go to since closing my Yahoo account. As much as I use Gmail daily, there are still some features that I have not fully explored, like Reports/Analytics, but knowing these features are available is nice for small business owners.

Cons:

As feature rich as Gmail is, it can be a bit overwhelming, especially just starting out. Having a clear understanding of ways each feature can be used would be helpful. In addition, having the option to hide some features, and simplify your email homepage would be beneficial.

Mncedisi
Shop Assistant in Eswatini
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Shop assistant

Comments: I'm able to see if I have receive my money through Gmail. If have forgotten my Facebook password my Gmail account is always the to rescue me and that really make me be more find of this product.

Pros:

I like the fact that it keep me in track of my recent and old emails. Through Gmail Analystics I'm able to keep good record list of my attended emails and all. It also make it easier for me to spot spams in my emails. I'm so greatful for Gmail!!!

Cons:

Some people can easily hack my account if for instant they have my cellphone with them. The is less of customer service yet in this field the are always human errors that need to be attended agently.

Eric R.
Eric R.
Chief Product Officer in US
Internet, 2–10 Employees

Gmail is a product I truly love

Comments: I use Gmail for my personal use as well as the three companies I work for, all of them are using Gmail. I appreciate the ability to use those separate systems and store my signature, capture every bit of information I can so I can almost use Gmail as CRM, and the fact that options like scheduling email have started to show up as part of the platform.

Pros:

I've used Gmail since it was first announced and it does so many things well that I have a hard time leaving it. First off, Gmail conversations is the way that email always should have been and that one innovation was life-changing. Search in Gmail is like a search of my life (for my personal account) and for all of my work (my business accounts), which I rely on heavily. I love have all communication forwarded to Gmail so I can use it in the same way that Evernote is used by others. Now that the app is starting to steal the best of Mailbox, Spark and other efficient email systems (but skipping the dopey innovations of upstarts like Hey!), I think we'll use Gmail for pro and personal email forever.

Cons:

I miss the way that a Gmail search used to go across all of your documents and other Google files. I wonder if it was done from the privacy perspective but it's definitely something that I used to rely on.

Zoe
Claims Manager in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Review of Gmail

Comments: Overall, I love google and gmail. I enjoy using this software over Outlook, and have used this software successfully for many years now.

Pros:

I like that the software is user friendly, and easy to navigate. It feels very familiar even with the periodic updates.

Cons:

Sometimes, the system is confusing when accessing the settings. It can be simplified for easier navigation.

Festus
Festus
Lead Consultant in Nigeria
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Best Email Provider Service Goes To Gmail

Comments: With Gmail, I and my team receives messages faster and even star the messages so we can quickly find them whenever we need them.

Pros:

1. its free to create and use2. messages drops faster3. the spam filter is amazing4. messages are segmented based on their priority5. it has a relatively large storage6. able to star messages7. able to login to other email providers like yahoo mail, webmails, outlook and so on.

Cons:

the storage is limited sometimes it automatically deletes messages after sometime

Ariz
Director in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Easily the Best Email Provider

Comments: Excellent. It allows us to conduct our business smoothly and it's rare that we miss something.

Pros:

It's easy to set up and use. It also allows you to use a lot of the advanced features if you are so inclined.

Cons:

I wish it had some native functionality that is provided by third-parties.

Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Google is okay but it's missing some things

Comments: My overall experience with Gmail has been good but over time it started to decline because nothing really changed, not much support either. It could have a lot of things added to it to make it much better but I don't think they will do that. I f you need a basic email provider it's decent but once you decide to get a business email by using gsuite it can become problematic with lot's of functions and other issues.

Pros:

What I like most about Gmail is that it's convenient and easy to make an email and start receiving messages from contacts. I also like being able to customize the theme in the background of my inbox. It has a lot of features.

Cons:

What I least liked about Gmail is the integration with gmass for email automation. It's expensive and is buggy with Gmail and it can be a pain. I stopped using Gmail as my email automation provider as it does not have what I need. I also receive a lot of spam and I'm tired of it.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

The Easiest Communication Tool

Comments: MY experience is un-explainable because since my kid days I still use Gmail for all my communication needs.I love it so much that I am still using the same GMAIL account which I have created 20 Years Ago.

Pros:

What is really like about gmail is The Popularity it earned for itself , because this is the first step which creates HOPE because when people /kid started to learn and understand about the Technology/computer world ,like what kind of instrument /product it is or how and why people talk about it in every step of life.Even if we see in computer institution the first step which a instructor taught to student is i believe Gmail and what impact it could make to their communication prospective like they can reach to any corner of the world and that too,with few click only and that too with security , because to start learning or experience anything about computer, they would need a account to identify oneself and GMAIL is the best source of it as a user and I think due to its user-friendliness , it ENCOURAGE a beginner to explore and thus Gives HOPE to the kids to learn and learn more and that is when the real explore and learning begins and I think ,its tough security features which cant be easily compromised makes it more interesting and also its Globalization, I think 80% of people as a computer user is very much aware what a word gmail is .It is exceptional because it touches millions of people around the world by giving a opportunity to learn the computer world with a New hope to make a difference.

Cons:

The lease I like about it is the customer service response because as per my personal experience GMAIL took three long days to respond any little query . In 21st century it is not appreciable in such a fast pace world.

Jennie
Author in US
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

A great product to use!

Comments: Overall, Gmail is a good product to use. I've used MSN, Yahoo, Excite (back when it was a thing), outlook, and even a few others both for job places and personal. Gmail is by far the easiest to use with the most user-friendly options. You rarely run into issues and even more rare is server problems on Gmail's side. I've used gmail since 2004ish (back when you had to be invited to create an account). It's gone through a lot of improvements, some "what the heck's?" (to be expected with a growing company), and it's smoothed out into a great product. Gmail offers a lot of options, is easy to use, and is widely compatible with a lot of apps, software, and email clients. It works with the Google Drive seamlessly and is very user friendly.

Pros:

Gmail has a lot of great features. You can search fairly easily (and it will tell if there's matches in spam or the trash), you can label emails or place them in folders (or both). You can easily move emails from one place to another or do mass-deletes. Filters are easy to set up and work pretty well without worry. Forwarding is a breeze to use and rarely messes-up. You can add a signature without a lot of problems and change it as needed. It's compatible with the majority of email clients available, also. You also have the choice of themes or adding your own background, which is a nifty and fun feature to keep things from being boring if you're using email frequently during the day. You can also add files to an email easily and if it exceeds the size restrictions, it will just put it on your google drive folder and send a link. Quick, easy, and no fussing or changing between apps/programs/websites involved!

Cons:

Sometimes an email will get sent to the trash and you won't know until you either search for it or contact the sender and find out it was sent. I have had problems changing my avatar and finding out how to get it to change has proven fruitless. (Support there isn't the greatest.) Maybe it's just the one account, because I have other gmail accounts and have changed avatars without problems. So your mileage may vary. Support for gmail is hit or miss. Sometimes you get useful help, other times you're stuck search the internet for answers. Even then, you may not find the answers and either have to give up or keep poking around until you get the problem resolved. Thankfully, I haven't encountered a lot of problems and I've been using gmail since 2004ish. Back when the only way you could get a gmail account was by an invitation only.

Sanjeep
Quality Assurance and Frontend Developer in Nepal
Computer Software, Self Employed

Reason of using Gmail

Comments: I am regular user of Gmail and it became one of the most important in my communication with team members and business. Mentioned above pros and cons are experienced by my own, so it would be more better if all of them are review and improve. One of most sad part of Gmail is we can not get back our account if we forget our password. I am really upset with Gmail on this part. Even I use my own phone number, email I was not able to get back. I got code on my Phone, code on email but at last it says "Google couldn't verify this account belongs to you". I have tried to get back my account many times, even I contact customer support but it did not work. There may be many users like me and They are all looking and waiting to improve this issue.

Pros:

Gmail is one of the best email service which is free to use. Apart from this some good side of Gmail are given below: - Perfect platform for Individual, group, any kind of business and Organization. - Well manage structure (Inbox, Sent, Starred and etc. ) - Many features and services ( google meet, google drive, google sheets, google docs and etc) - Features of audio, video call and screen sharing

Cons:

All though Gmail is popular and Very helpful for user, still Gmail has some draw back. It would be more better if listed below points are review and improve: - It would be better if there was customer support in every nation (should have service for person to person) - Account could not verify (if in case forget password can not get back account even if we use own information) - Can not send large file - Can not send message if receiver's storage is full. (In some cases there might be only way to communicate. Such kind of features won't be able to connect) - Little bit confusing to use for the first time

Nate
Digital Marketer in US
Banking, 201–500 Employees

Best free email software available

Comments: Overall, Gmail provides the best features and functionality over every other email application/service I've used. If it has good competitors, I either haven't found them or they cost money.

Pros:

Gmail has been my go-to email for about 15 years now and I've been looking for replacements. It has more advanced functionality like search operators while not feeling bloated and unnecessary like Outlook. One of the best features Gmail provides is the ability to attach large documents thanks to their incorporating of Google Drive. It does mean that your file is now "on the internet" but the convenience of this is tremendous. No more 20MB file size limitations from nearly every other platform.

Cons:

There are two things that stand out to me that Gmail could potentially improve upon. I prefer my email to be a stand-alone app and not restricted to a browser tab. Email is important enough in my day-to-day that a notification in my taskbar when I receive a new email is exceptionally helpful. I've attempted to use other email applications to sync with my Gmail but their features aren't as strong (seriously guys, search operators). Another potential annoyance is email threading... which comes with pros and cons. The feature can be turned off in settings which is nice but I do wish Gmail dealt with threading better. If I'm in an email chain and go back to respond to email 4 out of 7, my reply is tacked on as email 8 rather than a separate thread entirely. Then if somebody replies to email 7 it's tacked on at the bottom as email 9... it becomes a mess. Some sort of feature of splitting threads would be helpful.

Mike
Realtor and sales associate in US
Real Estate, Self Employed

Gmail is the industry standard...for now

Comments: I've never had an issue with Gmail. I've been using it for over 20 years and I've never had to reach out to Google for help, not once. It delivers an up to date, modern, intuitive email system that can be used for anything from personal emails to business emails and everything in between. It's a great email system!

Pros:

I love that Gmail has a nice UI, it looks modern, clean, and organized. It does a great job of allowing you to have a professional looking and functioning email for free, and that's the beat part. G-mail is free and you can create as many email accounts as you'd like. As a realtor, I have to pay for my own marketing so having the ability to use Gmail for free saves me a bunch of money.

Cons:

There are a few things I'm not a huge fan of but I can't complain since I don't have to pay Google to use Gmail. The one thing I dislike most is when you have an email chain going with multiple people with multiple emails sent and receoved, sometimes the newly received emails aren't easy to find. They will get tossed in the middle of the email thread and you'll have to go digging to find the latest email. Ita not the beat system but the good thing is you can always find what you're looking for...you just have to look

Delly
Delly
Telemarketer in Cameroon
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

It's easily accessible

Comments: I switched from spending money on email marketing and management tools because Gmail provides all these solutions at extremely affordable rates.

Pros:

I prefer Gmail to most email management software because it's way more easy to connect to it. I mean, It's everywhere on smartphones and besides, I'm used to working with it already - anywhere, anytime I can simply tap the multi-colored M-icon on my smartphone, and (voila), I'm in my inbox. All I'm trying to say is that it's stressful for me to jump every time onto Chrome, typing a URL to connect to other email management software. Another aspect of Gmail that amazes me it's the fact that I can potentially route all incoming emails from an external email management software and even respond to them using my Gmail address and yet, the receiver won't even notice that it was sent from a Gmail address. - It's always uptime, 100% up and running. Additionally, It provides possibilities to set up automated mail responses and perform more email automation actions like labeling, sorting, saving, deleting, etc. Most importantly, It provides a lot of security measures to prevent account hacking, data phishing, or malicious attacks like 2FA, 6-digit Backup codes, and a few more which are enough to completely keep my files safe. For a free tool, I think it's simply amazing.

Cons:

Since 2021(as per my remarks), Google started to run ads in Gmail, well, they're not overwhelming, however, they could potentially be risky in case, hackers decide to pass through Google ads to lay hands on user accounts. At this point, I don't Google itself will be aware since on the internet today, everyone can be a business.