• Overall

About Zendesk Sell

Zendesk Sell is sales CRM software that helps you close more deals.

Learn more about Zendesk Sell

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Zendesk Sell before?

Erik L.
Business owner in Netherlands
Online Media, 2-10 Employees

Long time user

2 2 years ago

Comments: In the beginning when it was BaseCRM it was a nice system to use. After it became Zendesk sell all the extra functions become more expensive and there are better systems to use.

Pros:

It's easy to store clients and manage your deals.

Cons:

It's not very well integrated and we found a better system to use. Sinds 2013 we had a subscription and this was still active till April. When I wanted to delete my account on time, my complete account was deleted right away and that's it. No money refund when you pay for 7 years in a row prepaid and no access anymore for the period you paid for. This is how they treat customers who want to try something different after being a customer for 7 years .

Alternatives Considered: ActiveCampaign

Reasons for Switching to Zendesk Sell: I didn't

Trent E.
Owner & Operator in US
Facilities Services, 2-10 Employees

Powerful and simple sales management tool

5 2 years ago

Comments: I mostly used Zendesk Sell when it was the Base CRM, though they've both worked and functioned very similarly. They have created a super easy-to-use interface that makes keeping track of and interacting with clients both simple and easy. Being able to read whole past interactions as well as see relevant sales data makes it a perfect choice for a small business. I don't know how well suited it would be to a large business, but one can hope it would work well.

Pros:

- Simple input for contact information for different clients and potential clients - Super easy to create deals and potential purchases for clients - Schedule appointments, set reminders, and send emails all from within the program - Check metrics and numbers of different members of the sales team for different times and situations. - Allows others to quickly catch up on what has happened in client interactions by reading through the emails that have been sent previously - Easily sort through customer lists to find people who are relevant under different categories

Cons:

- Sometimes too easy to change things that have been set by others - Contact uploading/downloading in .csv files is a bit of a pain at first, but not terrible to get used to.

Jared H.
Jared H.
Founder and CEO in US

Solid SMB/SME CRM. Reports are lacking but otherwise great UX

4 5 years ago

Pros:

- Direct mail integration (no bcc required) saves everyone a world of hassle - Very easy to create customized lists of deals - Mobile app is very, very good - Easy to customize deal page with relevant info including "smart links" to 3d party sites - Decent UI and easy to understand - Integrated Dialer would be great if we weren't already using Dialpad - Quick onboarding, decent SFDC import - Zapier integration

Cons:

- Reporting is completely inadequate: - No good way to report on lead sources - No way to report on leads by assignee - No way to create new reports if the pre-made ones don't do enough for you - The UI is surprisingly slow. Like, a-full-second-for-a-simple-lookup slow. This is not a complete dealbreaker, but is pretty irritating - Associating contacts to deals doesn't associate your comms w/them to the same deal, so if you have a lot of back and forth with someone about a deal, but forgot to add them to that deal in Base, you won't see the communication on the page for that deal. -

Adam S.
DealerSite Consultant in Canada

Zendesk keeps us organized

4 8 months ago

Comments: Zendesk has allowed us to keep track of who is doing what on the team, so that we can avoid double booking or stepping on toes.

Pros:

Zendesk Sell is easy to use, pushes notifications where needed, and is great for small teams.

Cons:

There can be frustrating roadblocks, such as when there are similar names or the CRM gets confused, however this can usually be smoothed out fairly quickly.

Mary R.
Director of Sales in US
Construction

BASE CRM: Love it!

5 6 years ago

Pros:

BASE is clean and simple, yet powerfully effective as a CRM. It's intuitive, extremely user-friendly, supplies lots of video tutorials and access to the California team for FAQ's, and has all the features other, more complicated, expensive CRM's have. It allows you to tailor your database to fit your needs; and track sales, tasks, and pipeline projects in graphic form. It's affordable and has a great app for mobile phones that allows access to contacts, notes, tasks, and a workable platform while on the go in real time. It's simple to teach new users how to navigate and utilize. Adding or deleting users is simple, and access to the CRM information can be limited / private, or made public for the entire team to access. I feel like it's hip and cutting edge product; not at all stuffy.

Cons:

The one complaint I have is when you do talk to a team member over the phone, there's a lot of background noise in their office. I also wish some of the commonly-used fields would transfer to new Contacts, like Phone Number and Industry so that those don't have to be retyped with new contact entry.

Brian B.
Manager in US
Primary/Secondary Education, 2-10 Employees

The Base CRM app is for the truly organized.

5 4 years ago

Comments: Base CRM is a customer relation mangement tool with a low price tag and high return. Check it out.

Pros:

I bought this in the iTunes App store a few years ago and remember it was a really good app. The only issue is its for the truly organized. I realize that I was not the type of salesman for this app. This app is for a salesman who truly sets appointments and needs to care about and follow up with his/her leads. It has goals and everything imaginable. I was just a simple windshield replacement guy who came for a one stop close and moved on. I also attempted using this for my sales as a home security guy but it never stuck with me. The reality is this is for larger sales and more "qualified" and traditional salesmen and businessmen. Check it out. If it is right for you you will appreciate it 100%. All that I said will make sense when you actually see it. It was cheap enough to have no money wasted .

Mandi D.
Owner in
Construction, 2-10 Employees

Easiest CRM for on-the-go use

5 4 years ago

Pros:

great mobile app. ability to see the number of times a client has viewed an email! Easy to use deals/opportunities function. Love that it automatically logs calls/emails to the relevant contact.

Cons:

I wish it had better integrations with other softwares. It has several that it integrates with, but the integrations are minimal at best and completely non-functional at worst. Better integration with accounting and digital marketing softwares would be nice for me and might be critical for other industries

Tia W.
Tia W.
Sales Director in US

Great CRM

4 5 years ago

Comments: I use Base daily to keep track of my notes and clients. I can upload files and import my emails so everything is in one place. Every day I go through my daily tasks and update my deals. The tool is easy to use with a lot of options.

Pros:

I really like to have everything in one place. All of my files, emails, tasks, contacts, notes, everything is all connected. Having it all in one place simplifies my life a lot. I also like that you can assign things to other people.

Cons:

The mobile app is awful and rarely works.

Will O.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees

I implemented and used Base

4 3 years ago

Comments: Very pleased with Base. Good software and good people supporting it.

Pros:

It has robust capability and is rather easy to learn how to use. Even with minimal time invested in training you can get a lot of use from the tool.

Cons:

There are some navigational thing that are not intuitive to use. They work but you have to learn how to move around the way that they designed it.

Justin M.
Account Manager in US

Everything I have ever wanted in A CRM

Pros:

Base is great for small companies that want to get started with a CRM that has fantastic user support, easy information entry, and fantastic smart lists. If you are a company that has between 100 to about 2000 clients, you will love Base and their team. It's powerful, and can be taught in a day and shows users value from day one.

Cons:

Let's face it, you are town between using Base or Salesforce, and so were were. While base is cost effective in the beginning, we spent hundreds of engineering hours trying to migrate to Salesforce eventually, resulting in a negative savings. While I love Base for it's simplicity, if you know you will one day move, move to Salesforce today. Maybe one day Base will offer the amount of features and integrations that Salesforce has, but not today.

Digital Account Executive in US
11-50 Employees

Easy, convenient, effective

5 4 years ago

Comments: Information all in one. Easy access to notes. Email synced to notification for appts or follow ups.

Pros:

All the information for a client is stored into one. You can see if an email was sent outside of Base or if an email that was sent from Base was opened and if so, how many times.

Cons:

It does sometimes shut down and if so it does for hours. Believe they may have fixed the glitch though as it has not happened in some time

Doug M.
President in Canada
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees

My favorite CRM

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Base has taken away all the manual entry that sales reps complain about. The mobile app is excellent and allows the sales reps to instantly update their activity, accounts, and pipeline.

Cons:

They should continue to look at integrating their system into more software programs that will add value to a sales reps and business capabilities, while keeping Base a very sales a focused program.

Derek B.
Computer Software

Base - a good product for small companies

Pros:

Base is really simple to use and has invested a lot in continuously making the user interface clean and intuitive. We really like the visualness of watching deals move through the pipeline.

Cons:

At the time of our use, it lacked some of the more sophisticated reporting you would find in some of the major CRM providers. We found it difficult for each functional area (Sales, Account Relations, Support) to use – it served better as a deal tracking tool.

Cole G.
Cole G.
Director Of Strategic Partnerships & Key Accounts in US
Business Supplies & Equipment, 51-200 Employees

One of the best CRM's around

5 3 years ago

Comments: We didn't want our entry level sales reps to have access to the information for CEO's and other C-level contacts. Our old CRM didn't let us assign access. Only what people could change within a contact.

Pros:

We needed to find a CRM that would allow us to assign access at different levels. Other CRM's had fallen short for this.

Cons:

It's a little more expensive than I like if you want to use all the features.

Gregory B.
Programmer in US
Medical Practice, 1,001-5,000 Employees

A very nice sales pipeline with nice editing and filtering features

4 4 years ago

Pros:

Nice user interface. Nice ability to edit data on custom lists without needing to open a form. Pretty easy to create and filter lists, then store the configuration for later. Email integration is nice for storing all your conversations. Base handled the import well and was good at working with our sales people.

Cons:

Support is only by email and often takes a day to answer your question. Although you can customize by adding fields and manipulating views, there are aspects of the pipeline you can't change. The help system and documentation leaves a good deal to be desired when digging into the system.

Denise H.
EVP in US
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees

Great entry-level CRM, friendly and helpful support, good core CRM for your growing company.

4 4 years ago

Pros:

The dashboard is good and the ease of 'deal' creation and updating is excellent. The ability to modify various records, deals, etc. from just about any screen is very useful and a time saver.

Cons:

Most of the useful features do not come with the 'baseline' product. They require upgrades to various levels. Among these features are the ability to generate customized extracts and reporting.

Harrison B.
Customer Success in US

The So-So CRM

Pros:

Creating and maintaining contacts in BASE was pretty easy and intuitive. It also pretty easy to add various tags to leads/customers based upon certain sorting criteria.

Cons:

BASE just lacks features. Its lacking a lot of strong integrations. Creating and building workflows/charts/stat trackers was either too difficult or unintuitive. BASE does work and serves a need, but does not work well with big data. Once our company reached a certain size, BASE could no longer support our growing needs.

Jasper S.
New Business Development Account Manager in US

Very good tool if you are an independent sales rep.

4 4 years ago

Pros:

Complete customization for your needs pertaining to your industry & customers and allows you to input as much information as you would like.

Cons:

Actually, I can't say that I don't like the platform. it was a very useful tool when I was an independent rep. I was not a huge fan of the way you could link your phone to a number provided by BASE but that is just a personal preference. I like people seeing my number on their phone when I call instead of a "dummy" number.

Zach L.
CEO in US

Base is okay. I probably wouldn't recommend them.

3 4 years ago

Comments: I get to track my leads. That is a big deal to me.

Pros:

I like how I can keep track of my leads. I can turn them into whatever categories I choose and I can follow them through until they become clients.

Cons:

I don't like the lack of integrations. When I want to integrate with other software Base is very lacking in that regard.

Sales and Account Development Rep in

Great CRM

5 6 years ago

Comments: At my company we use Base CRM to keep track of notes, schedule appointments, create tasks, keep track of deals and more. It's very easy to use. We work with hundreds of media stations. Base helps us keep track of what each station is doing.

Pros:

I really like the email integration. It's nice to see email threads in the notes.

Cons:

I wish the mobile app was as easy to use as the desktop.

Jude D.
IT Administrator in
Philanthropy, 51-200 Employees

Quite intresting

4 5 years ago

Pros:

Simplicity and ease of use, I like the layout and the fact that it integrated well into my companies' system

Cons:

Pricing seems a little steep for my company, could do with a little more friendly GUI apart from these works fine

Bartosz P.
Bartosz P.
Fotograf in Poland

Good CRM for small comapnies

5 3 years ago

Pros:

I've used this CRM for my own company, which is one-man business. It was useful in managing all my clients contacts, deals etc. The mobile version is nicely done so nothing was annoying at all.

Cons:

Actually I haven't used this in a big group so don't really know how it will be working with big amount of data. Didn't find anything wrong so far.

Michael R.
Executive Director of Franchising in
Medical Practice, 51-200 Employees

Love this CRM

5 5 years ago

Comments: Base CRM is an awesome tool. I've used other CRMs before, but this one is one of the leaders. It's easy to use, especially when I'm on the go. Base really helps users organize client info provides clear data that I can use to grow my business. I love it.

Pros:

A variety of tool within the software. Easy to use from my mobile device.

Diego S.
Business Development Manager in

Worst CRM I have used, doesn't work half the time and has terrible customer support

2 4 years ago

Comments: Avoid this, stick to either Salesforce or Hubspot. Wanted to give this system a chance but the code is so bad and the amount of times things break or functionality doesn't work is shocking. Upgraded our service and half the stuff stopped working... My director is so tired of using them that we are going to migrate to Hubspot or anything else. Their customer support has been really below par.

Pros:

The recording of the calls feature.

Cons:

It's slow, breaks down at times, calls don't work half the time, entering numbers to call can't be done in certain ways on some forms, support is slow. Smart lists views leave way too much spase at the top of the screen, so you can only see a few contacts at a time.

Frank Z.
Systems Analyst in
Construction, 2-10 Employees

Great CRM Solution

4 5 years ago

Comments: I actually implemented Base CRM for a client of mine, they are a smaller firm with 10 employees but they love it and they can't function without. I would definitely recommend Base as a robust online based CRM with the great mobile app.