Australia Local product

Acorn Reviews

4.6 (21) Write a Review! Australia Local product

About Acorn

Acorn is a leading learning management system that enables employee training, onboarding, compliance training and more.

Learn more about Acorn

Acorn ratings

4.7
4.8
4.5
4.8

8.4/10

Acorn has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 21 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Acorn before?

Adrian C.
Adrian C.
Director in Australia

Amazing tool and support!

Comments: Amazing tool & service! It was difficult sifting through the seemingly dozens of LMS platforms out there - we must have done a demo with at least 6 or 7. Acorn impressed us with how easy-to-use it appeared, and we've not been disappointed in our decision. Their support is incredible, and helps being in the same timezone (lots of others were either US or UK office hours which wasn't very convenient for us).

Pros:

Onboarding was as painless as could be expected. Reporting is simple but comprehensive, and the local support has been amazing at answering any of our questions.

Cons:

No real negatives from my side except maybe a larger content library, but I know this is on the roadmap and being built currently. Plus integrations with content providers mean there's lots available.

Alternatives Considered: Absorb LMS, Simplify LMS, Docebo and SAP Litmos

Reasons for Switching to Acorn: Ease of use, responsive local support

Melinda V.
Learning and Development Manager in Australia
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees

Set up of new Acorn system

Comments: We needed a system that could have multiple tenancies which we have achieved that function in different ways. This has allowed us to have our internal training for staff and contractors separate from our external training that is a revenue line for the business.

Pros:

The platform has been easy to set up with the support of the Pursuit Technology developer. The course set up structure is also easy to use.

Cons:

There is no option to have a course changed from self-enrolment to admin enrolment only. There is limited functionality to choose different selections in setting up cohorts to use fields not equal to. The set up of new users is clunky with having to upload the whole user dataset again as we don't have a HR system to draw the data from. The other issue is the inability to change the home page to feature the elements we want to have eg a blog.

Alternatives Considered: iSpring Learn, Thinkific and SAP Litmos

Reasons for Choosing Acorn: Many reasons including cost of the platform, functionality, multiple tenancies.

Switched From: Totara Learn

Reasons for Switching to Acorn: The ability to have multiple tenancies, the look and feel of the system and the cost.

Christina R.
Freelancer in US
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

How I feel about acorns

Comments: I used the free trial but I will not pay for what I get for free from other banks.

Pros:

All financial resources at finger tips and ease of use.

Cons:

The cost mostly I can get the same service from my original bank with no cost.

Erika K.
E-Learning Coordinator in Australia
Higher Education, 11-50 Employees

Enjoying it so far.

Pros:

We have really enjoyed transitioning to Acorn as our LMS, and are finding that the software is particularly pleasing from a learner's perspective. We have had positive feedback from students and trainers when it comes to navigating course content. There are a host of useful features and functions including flexible enrolments, resources and activities, plus a great range of reports. I have been most impressed with the technical support received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and regular updates from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], which has made the experience much less stressful.

Cons:

Due to the size of our RTO and the number of courses we need to create, the system can run slowly at times - this is being improved gradually. We are looking forward to seeing a user profile feature become available soon.

Janette K.
Workforce Development Manager in Australia
Human Resources, 201-500 Employees

Highly recommended Learning Management System for all agencies big small and in between.

Comments: We have been using this learning management system for 6 years now and will continue to do so. We could not have operated without it and the technical support is second to none.

Pros:

This learning management system has really provided us with a one stop shop for all learning and development requirements for our staff. The product is user friendly, visually pleasing, modern and upbeat in style. The integration of the learning management system was an overnight success with staff having the functionality to self register for multiple face to face courses and complete online learning. The great part about the learning management system is that you can print off attendance sheets for facilitators to reconcile records. The system also provides a range of reports that are 100% accurate because a staff member cannot register twice for the same program. We have also been able to design other online learning and development forms specific to staff's requirements and have recently added annual refresher modules for all staff so we are customizing the system to suit our needs as we go.

Cons:

We have only had a few glitches over the last six years but on each occasion the issue was rectified within a couple of hours.

Sally G.
Manager, Development and Diploma in Australia
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees

Clean and easy to use

Comments: Trainisiting over to Acorn has been great as we have been able to significantly cut down on administration activities which acorn now do automatically for us. Having Acorn integrate and connect with other systems that we use is amazing.
Our end-users (our students) have found it easy to use.
As administrators in the system we have always been supported by technical and support staff.
Overall a fantastic product.

Pros:

As an RTO organisation this product is easy to navigate for both the administrators and the learners. It is clean and offers a fresh look to e-learning. There a number of excellent features that have been developed with e-learning in mind, for example, the live learning function where learners can book for live learning events and see their calender of up coming events. Reporting functions also help us keep us update with what are learners are up to and where extra support might be needed. Intergarition with other systems is a massive advantage

Cons:

At this stage, inability to customise some sections of the platefore eg change fonts and colours of text.

Joel A.
Founder in Australia

Acorn

Pros:

This platform was intuitive, easy to setup and even easier to use. The fact that I could easily customise the branding to match our existing style guide ensured that the system fit seamlessly into our existing ecosystem.

Cons:

This software platform suited our organisation extremely well, it would be nice for some small stage startup pricing to be available. However with that said the team were extremely flexible with our options while we were setting up the system.

Keke S.
DSW in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

Acron

Comments: My overall experience with the product was very enjoyable

Pros:

The easy upside of the product and the use can be described as being simple as a walk in the park

Cons:

You really have to read every detail on the upstarting page to understand the product

Felix B.
Director in UK
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees

Great LMS

Comments: Saved me a lot of time and allowed my business to scale more quickly.

Pros:

Integration was smooth and easy to customise.

Cons:

Can't think of anything that was missing!

Kimberly A.
independent contractor in US
Retail, 11-50 Employees

Easy to use

Comments: I really like the overall concept of being able to invest like a pro at a cost I don't even notice. it makes me feel like I'm doing something for my future instead of being confused on the fence.

Pros:

You can set it up to auto invest with your spare change or you can set it up to take a set amount each month. I love that it is being invested for me by pros as I am not stock savvy. also if I forget to stop auto withdraw they will pause it for me if my bank account looks low that month.

Cons:

I get a little confused with the settings I have, when I first signed up and started using Acorns it was taking my spare change automatically then a couple of months later I had to go in and check my settings as it was no longer taking spare change to invest. not sure why that happens.

Casey D.
Director in Australia
Medical Devices, 2-10 Employees

Acorn Review

Comments: We are unique as a Recruitment company that also offers industry training. Acorn allows us to get our point of difference out into the market and also helped us "pivot" through Covid by enabling us to offer customised learning packages for our client companies.

Pros:

Easy to use, affordable and great service and support. I recommend this product to anyone I know looking for a LMS.

Cons:

Self-registration of users would make life easier for us as we scale

John E.
King in US
Performing Arts, Self Employed

Fine for my limited needs

Pros:

A simpler version of something I was using before, for my very small business Acorn is fine for when I sometimes need it. Larger businesses no doubt use features I've never opened or needed.

Cons:

Never had a problem with it, from my purposes.

Jane C.
Trainer in Australia
Public Policy, 10,000+ Employees

Review on LMS

Comments: I've been pleased overall. It allowed us to develop something quickly and efficiently. The product is currently in use and is being received well.

Pros:

I am trainer / policy person and have not used LMS before. I liked that I could get into it and use the system easily (with support staff such as [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) to get things up and running.

Cons:

The quiz functions are limited and the lay out is pretty basic.

Jack D.
Real Estate Agent in Australia
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

You’ll go nuts over this system!

Comments: Always a little nervous investing money into things like this. However was very happy with what we paid for and has improved our business!

Pros:

Easy to use and navigate. The team at Acorn we’re also very helpful and made it easy for us if we needed any help.

Cons:

The fact that I didn’t find this system sooner...I am yet to fault it.

Lissa H.
Lissa H.
Photographer, owner in US
Photography, 2-10 Employees

Easy to use and easy to implement

Pros:

It’s so easy to use, it’s very affordable and the support is awesome. Reporting is pretty comprehensive and it’s just a great LMS.

Cons:

It’s still pretty new so it has limited customization and features.

Melinda G.
Owner in Australia
Events Services, 2-10 Employees

So simple - and great customer service!

Pros:

Acorn has greatly improved our company's onboarding and compliance processes. Having the ability to customise the dashboard is a simple way to help familiarise our revolving volunteer base with our brand. Implementation was quick and easy, and the support team are always incredibly helpful in answering our questions, even the silly ones.

Cons:

We have been using Acorn for just over 6 months and I can't fault it, from both an administrator and user perspective we have had a consistently positive experience.

Bec S.
Capability and Strategy Officer in Australia
Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros:

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is very responsive and clearly communicates how easy this product is to use.

Cons:

People with admin access cannot view the learning profile/history of users.

Sarah F.
Workforce Development Officer in Australia
Human Resources, 201-500 Employees

Great technology

Comments: It's been great using Acorn.

Pros:

It's easy to use and visually pleasing.

Cons:

Occasional bugs. Can't complain about anything in particular.

Savanna S.
Volunteer Engagement and Events Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

SAVE by using Acorn

Comments: Acorn is a huge benefit when it comes to investing. My invest value goes up on the daily just by using the "round up" feature!!! I highly recommend!!

Pros:

Acorn is easy to use and I love that it helps build up credit from everyday spending. It allows you to EARN MORE MONEY and helps to spend your money in a smarter way.

Cons:

Didn't know about this software until it was brought to my attention. Promote, promote, promote!!

Reviewer in Egypt

The best way to save money and invest it

Comments: Actully its an amazimg experience this software is fantastic it got many features and it helps me to save money

Pros:

what I like most about this software is that it takes my change and save it plus it invests it and u can invest more by using 2x or 3x

Cons:

what I like least about this software is it take a while loading while it investing the money

Nick S.
Business Development in US
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees

Acorn - User

Pros:

Super easy to use, great functionality making the overall process fairly seamless.

Cons:

Bugs here and there. The learning curve for using was a little difficult at first but after that it became very easy to use.