15 years helping Australian businesses

About Commusoft

Field service software for contractors who manage commercial and residential installation work and service maintenance agreements.

Learn more about Commusoft

Pros:

The product is easy to use and was integrated into the business very smoothly.

Cons:

No real issues can be a bit slow but more likely our internet speeds.

Commusoft ratings

4.8

9.2/10

Commusoft has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 202 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Commusoft before?

Phil
Phil
Director in UK

Reliable, advanced, bespoke software that I genuinely couldn't run my business without.

Pros:

Apart for the ability to seamlessly control every aspect of my business, from the initial customer inquiry all the through to invoicing, it's the customer support and wide range of industry-specific knowledge which the Commusoft team delivers that sets them apart from the competition. I really don't know how I managed before using Commusoft. Commusoft is constantly evolving and updating. Whenever I think of a function I would like to see available it's usually already been thought of and in the process of happening.

Sam
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Take your business to the next level

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Commusoft has transformed my business and saved us countless hours of administration time. Without a doubt this software has saved us money and even helped us expand as a business. Also exciting as they are always striving to improve the software with new features and updates so its actually nice to be part of their journey too.

Pros:

User friendly software once all up and running, having everything in one place is a huge help for keeping organised and being able to access job history within a few clicks.

Cons:

My only gripe is that we don't have telephone support on our package and I think this should be available for all clients but we only have email support unless there was a more complicated issue they would arrange to call us.

Kristofor
Facilities Services, 2–10 Employees

Very poor CRM system

1.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Terrible. I paid £1000 for 5 training sessions that were horrendous. The trainers themselves don't even fully understand the system. Costing me 3.5k for an app that made my business worse and I had to abandon after 2/3 months

Pros:

Nothing. The system is very hard to work.

Cons:

The fact the app is totally different from the desktop and you can't do on site quotes.

Commusoft Response

3 weeks ago

Your feedback is very important to us. We sincerely apologise for the frustration you’ve experienced with Commusoft. We regret any inconvenience caused by trainer illness and scheduling issues. Our CRM caters to diverse business needs but requires some learning and adaptation. Variations between desktop and mobile functionalities occur due to platform differences. Our sales team provides accurate information. Your prompt sign-up post-demo suggests a clear understanding of our product’s capabilities. Our records indicate your suitability as a main office user, aligning with Commusoft’s recommended usage but will review procedures for consistent messaging. Our refund and cancellation policies are clearly outlined in your contract. Our contract terms are binding. Early termination requires full payment for the contracted period. For further discussion, please get in touch with us via email. While we maintain firm policies, we’re open to assisting in resolving any misunderstandings.

Ali
Admin in UK

Commusoft Software User Review

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

5 stars! This software is a lifesaver! It keeps our business running smoothly. We can do everything we need in one place: invoices, scheduling, and keeping track of the engineers. Plus, the invoices look great and the reminders on invoices and PPM mean no more late payments or maintenance! Big time saver. Customer service is fantastic, always there to answer our questions quickly. Highly recommend!

Cons:

On the customers profile, I would prefer to have an option where we are able to select if the customers have a contract with us or not. If so, it would then allow us to input how long the contract period lasts. This will enable us to keep track of which clients have contracts with us and for how long.

Simon
Managing Director in UK

Exquisite

Comments: Since incorporating Commusoft in to our business in 2012, the software has assisted us greatly in developing and growing as a business. They are constantly working on new updates and developments to improve the software and add new features and if you do have any issues along the way, they are always on hand to assist you with client support.

Pros:

It covers almost everything we need from the diary, invoicing, estimating and key reporting.

Cons:

Integration (transfer of date) with Sage can be problematic. It wasn't always problematic but has been more recently.

Harry
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Review from a plumbing company

Comments: Excellent, Once it’s all set up which does take a little time it makes us so efficient.

Pros:

Love this software, we upgraded to commusoft from cheaper alternatives and will stick with commusoft. All engineers love the app, Far easier for everyone to use. Can store photos/videos/certificates on each job. Estimating/invoicing great too. Also great integration with accounting software

Cons:

Only thing I would love is a refresh button on the app, as there can be a slight lag sometimes.

Waleed
Facilities Services, 2–10 Employees

Using Commusoft as a Property Maintenance firm.

Pros:

The ease of scheduling jobs for our engineers. The system allows our engineers to have the Commusoft app on their phones to see their diaries and fill out job updates for the team in the office to have all in one place. We can then send out job reports and invoices from the Commusoft system straight to clients.

Cons:

Storage issues arise from time to time which require us to individually go into old jobs and delete pictures/videos.

Lawrence
Lawrence
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Great product, forever evolving and moving forward with our expectations

Comments: We have solved our struggle with annual service reminders and recording the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. We are very happy with the product and cant see us using anything else for the foreseeable future.

Pros:

The seamless continuity between the diary and job booking/logging/location recording is a great asset to our business. As a mere glance we can see what engineers are encountering issues, areen route to appointments or have completed tasks.

Cons:

The inability to merge duplicate entries. Be this customers, or duplicate jobs. As with any system some human error is unavoidable. We really wish that duplicate customer records could be merged or hidden so as to avoid future confusion or conflicting data.

Justin
Associate Director of Operations in UK
Oil & Energy, 11–50 Employees

Commusoft Review

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Very good and would recommend. There is little downtime and the functionality is very good.

Pros:

Easy to track users and invoice. The overall layout is very easy to use

Cons:

The maps function is a bit laggy when seeing where the engineers are.

patrick
manager in UK
Utilities, 11–50 Employees

Superb Tool

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: The overall experience is superb , always on hand to help

Pros:

commusoft is a vital part of the company

Cons:

allow more than one mobile number on the main account

Director/Engineer in UK
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Wow!!! This is not a software update this is a supercharge of an already great system.

Comments: I hate writing reviews but would have felt guilty not to give credit where due with Commusoft. The team at Commusoft and their level of service have have always been top notch! You ask - they help. Commusoft have listened to us and have developed this software accordingly to what we need - and more.
My transition to V4 was seamless and very well structured from the trial, right through to the installation and follow up support. The tutorials and online help are comprehensive.
Throughout my dealings with Commusoft, I have always felt like a valued customer and not another "number" talking to someone on the phone who doesn't care and can't wait to get you off the phone and close off the job you have asked them to help with. That make a difference and hope that will not change with the inevitable continued success of their product!!
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! Keep up the excellent work!!

Pros:

It's a fantastic piece of software that makes all aspects of running of my business so easy. I have used Commusoft for 6 years now and this latest version is even more powerful than i ever expected. Other than the improved interface on both desktop and mobile platforms the flexibility to shape this software to your own business needs is great. I particularly like the reporting function where any data reports you may want are available for you to customise and save for future use as your "own" reports. Its hard to imagine how I coped without this software using separate spreadsheets, documents, accounting and certification packages to run my business when Commusoft does it all and make it so easy. The management of jobs for yourself and employees is so easy from the initial enquiry to completion and invoicing. Maintaining your existing business with service reminders is great and the ability to have your customer details and appliance data, work history etc at your fingertips is also great, saving time and offering your customer that "personal feeling" I can talk forever about this software but won't bore you but lastly the other feature I really will benefit from on this new version is the previously monotonous task of contacting Tenants for access!! This is made so simple in Commusoft.

Cons:

I've run out of space so as there are no negatives Ill continue with the Pros: I will be adding the vehicle tracking feature to offer my customers the flexibility to see where we are in relation to their property so they can "pop out to the shop" knowing they will not risk missing us. More of a PR thing in my case I suppose but also great for slotting in an emergency job for engineers in the same area. Maybe bringing our industry "up to date" In summary Commusoft is my best friend and can't imagine running my Plumbing and Heating business without it!!

Angela
Administrator in UK
Utilities, 2–10 Employees

An incredible learning experience the whole process has been conducted efficiently and smoothly.

Comments: The most important benefit is being able to relieve the Director of all the admin tasks that he has been doing up until this point. To streamline the whole procedure from taking the initial call to the job being completed and invoiced. Having all the revelvent information for every customer in one easy to access package will prove to be invaluable in the future. Information being available to all engineers quickly and easily. Completing everything in a professional and efficient manner. To be able to develop and grow the business with a more productive system in place.

Pros:

The versatility of the software is incredible, it covers every aspect of what we need as a business to enable us to evolve and develop. The Xero integration is very impressive and has made the process of invoicing and payments very straightforward, even linking the customers was actually really easy. The system is overall very easy to use with help every step of the way with the help manager I usually find what I need to assist me. Having everything in one place will be very beneficial and as I progress with the system it will enable the business to achieve its full potential. The reason I wanted this software was to take as much of the admin work from the Director so that he can focus more on the job and development of the company, which this system I believe will help us achieve. I am not experienced in software packages as such, however, this software has really impressed with how easy it has been for me to grasp the basics. I am sure in time we will wonder how we ever coped without it. Everything is easily accessible and the layout and format very easy to use and pleasing to the eye. We have had a lot more estimates accepted since using the software as it gives the customers confidence in us due to the way everything is now presented to them via Commusoft. The reporting is a very useful and easy to use function, which is one of my favourite aspects of the software. Overall I am very impressed with the software and very happy I decided to go with Commusoft.

Cons:

Its hard to say what I like least about the software at the moment as I havent personally come across anything negative at this point.

Marcus
Heating engineer in UK
Construction, Self Employed

Great software but if you leave your stuffed

Comments: Very helpful at the start but if you leave then not interested. Would never put all my customer information to another IT company without doing my own customer database. Thanks for nothing Commusoft!!!

Pros:

The software has lots of great features and once you have got used to the menus and features and can improve productivity. As a small business with 1 employee passing and updating the engineers jobs was good and planning the jobs ahead was great. I had QuickBooks linked to the Commusoft

Cons:

Unfortunately when the Commusoft was linked to my QuickBooks it somehow doubled every customer in QuickBooks, Commusoft rectified but I still have a load of deleted customers even now. Also response to software issues was slow if your not on the premium service plan. As a small business I unfortunately lost my engineer and was operating as a sole trader but Commusoft would not reduce the charge for one user and so had to pay for 2 users. Upon deciding this wasn’t cost effective we left Commusoft and all databases deleted and some data files sent to us in computer data but no real information on customers that was stored with Commusoft. I have lost thousands on missed gas Certs since leaving. No help at all to find data on clients.

Keith
MD in UK

Great Product

Comments: We've been using Commusoft for a number of years now and have also found the team to be very helpful and knowledgeable.
The system is great, it helps reduce admin time and keeps the job statuses up to date.

Pros:

It's portable so you can see what's going on from anywhere with internet. You can capture a lot of information about jobs. Ease of use when booking jobs

Cons:

We sometimes find the job locations on the map are way out and as we work a lot in the countryside the mobiles don't always sync straight away.

Karen
Company Director in UK

Job Management Software

Comments: Saves us time which obviously saves money Customer communication with regard to jobs/diaries is more up to date Easy to use app Great training

Pros:

After extensive research into various job management software we found that a lot of software which looked good on the surface was actually only good for basic functions and once you started looking more in depth it became clear that they were built for smaller business with only a couple of staff. Commusoft was very different, yes it looks good on the surface and does the basic functions BUT more importantly it also has much more in depth and comprehensive performance in the background. It enables diaries to be updated easily and quickly with full details, it enables text/email messages to both engineers and customers. The customer intergrations from Xero worked smoothly and the link works well. We now also use it for tracking vehicles and it has saved us money from the seperate tracking software we used to use. With any software there are also things that we would like improved and any comments and improvements suggested are email in and the staff behind the scenes as such seem to welcome these and put them in the mix for potential updates in the future.

Cons:

The next package up is more expensive BUT does allow for auto input of suppliers invoices, we would like an option of having this available for office staff without increasing the monthly price for engineers who only have app access and engineer capabilities on the app so never use some of the brilliant features of the software.

Owner in UK
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 2–10 Employees

Commusoft review

Comments: We really like it. We couldn't be without it now.

Pros:

We have been using Commusoft (paperless plan) for over 4 years now and we could not work without it I like the fact that it can easily scale with our business and the ongoing feature releases and development shows how much is reinvested into making it great, and they're all included!

Cons:

Not a downside but feature updates are quite frequent and sometimes it's difficult to keep on top of the new releases..Set aside a couple of hours a month to review what's the new features are have and how they can improve yours and the customers experience. Like sharpening the saw really.

Paul
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2–10 Employees

Great software product

Comments: Being a small business we ran with manual records before finding Commusoft. It's become an essential time saving customer management tool.

Pros:

The software is user friendly . It makes managing the process from enquiry to invoice and payment very easy. It helps us provide great customer service which is really important. Reporting features help with general business management. There are areas of the software that we aren't using fully and are looking forward to getting these set up to further support our business. The support team are quick to review and help us resolve any problems, despite being by email only. Other companies could take a leaf out of their book.

Cons:

Can't see any cons with the software or support. Slightly frustrating to run out of space, but that is being resolved.

Amy
Admin Assistant in UK

G Jassal Review

Comments: We love working with Commusoft! The staff are amazing and provide great support for anything big or small that you need help with.
The system is incredibly easy to use and there is a great knowledge database for anything you need.

Pros:

As a small team Commusoft makes it easier for us to communicate between users and engineers. We love the ease of the system and how there is a knowledge database to answer any questions. The staff are always lovely and provide excellent service with any questions we have.

Cons:

We provide quotations for our clients and would love to have the feature of a dropdown for additional options with our estimate templates, as at the moment we are copying and pasting the information.

Jill

Brilliant Plumbing & Heating Software

Comments: We have used Commusoft for almost six years now. I think since we have made the change we have realised the value of the software and how much it helps us be in control of our business.

Pros:

I like how the software can be accessed via any computer at any time of day. I also like the fact that you can pull various reports, to see what invoices are due, which jobs need invoiced so you know what still needs to be done. We also integrate with Xero which works very well.

Cons:

I suppose the cost factor is something to consider. Although it's a very valuable software, some items or upgrades can work out expensive overall. But I do feel we would be lost without it.

James

Part of the team

Comments: Allows us to track engineers progress throughout the day, provide customers with professional estimates and allows them to be accepted online. The telephone support is very helpfully and a requirement for us but not available on the basic package.

Pros:

Being able to look back over completed jobs, and see who attended what they did, how long it took. Sending estimates, test certificates, invoices direct from one system to have all in on place Storing photos before and after works have been completed for future records

Cons:

Hard to get the required reports from the software, eg value of estimate won by which estimators

Calvin
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Software our Company couldn't be without

Comments: A Fantastic piece of Software that our Company has been using for 5 years and wouldn't be without!

Pros:

Commusoft is loved by all its users from the Office team to the Engineers it is simple and easy to use. The history and notes section saves our Engineers allot of time, and monitoring the diary is very easy. The fact that it can be linked to our accounting package has been an added bonus too!

Cons:

Regarding Notifications it only deletes for one person not everybody who was assigned which makes the process longer when clearing your own Notifications.

James
Heating engineer in UK

Upgarde your buisness

Comments: Commusoft has changed how my heating and plumbing business runs and stores information. It has allowed the business to take the next step. I have recommended commusoft to many people as it will help any size company, from a one-man band to a large company. Could not recommend it enough.

Pros:

The diary service with keeping all information bout past jobs in one place.

Cons:

I wish there was more accessible information available on the app or able to change information on the app better.

Kelly
Administrator in UK

Great product

Pros:

Easy to use, simplifies processes, allows us to communicate well with the customer easily and keep them in the loop and for the engineer to keep us informed of the jobs quickly and efficiently.

Cons:

Nothing - I have no issues - product is easy to use

Patricia

Excellent Software Package

Comments: Very happy with the diary side of things (which is all that I use) but has many other features that are helpful for running a small businesses. Easy to use and making my business run smoothly and efficiently. Support from Commusoft is brilliant, very prompt with dealing with any enquiries.

Pros:

This software is excellent for helping me with my day to day running of my business.

Cons:

It would be great if addresses could be linked to other addresses without physically having to set up new work addresses on the system

Rosey
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2–10 Employees

Excellent Migration

Comments: CommuSoft allows us to keep track of all our jobs, both ongoing and completed. The history is always there to look back on to see how long we were at site previously, if required. This has been especially good for us when returning to carry out testing etc, which is only done annually or 5 yearly. Overall a good package to use.

Pros:

The software is easy to find your way around, but should you need assistance, there is always help available.

Cons:

There is nothing that comes to mind about the software that we don`t particularly like