• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.2 /5

About Dropbox Paper

Collaborative workspace that helps teams organize documents for their meetings.

Learn more about Dropbox Paper

Laura T.
Communications Coordinator
Market Research, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2019

"Has a lot of potential!"

Comments: I work on a marketing team and I have started building my marketing plans directly in Paper for the to-do list functionality. I wish it had a regular calendar option though! Overall, it is a useful tool that is helpful for project management when collaborating.

Pros: I think the Dropbox Paper feature is fairly new. It has a great general layout where you have the ability to create tables, explain the document, make a to-do list and tag people plus make a timeline. You can highlight text or leave comments directly in the document which makes tracking progress and decisions super easy.

Cons: I really wish the to-do list had a capability to automotically put the dates in chronological order and add them to the timeline. Right now the option is there, but it is all manual. Plus, I could use more highlight color options for color coding!

Jan O.
researcher
Higher Education, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2019

"Great for quick notes - will be there any future development?"

Comments: Dropbox Paper is a quite good piece of software that helps me to be organised on my trips and share notes with my friends. I feel, however, that its development is a little bit in stagnation. I wish they could devote more care to this - especially if they could somehow integrate it into main desktop app.

Pros: I really like how quickly I can make notes and share them, ingegrate images or even Google Maps. I am using many different types of software for notetaking but I happen to come back to Dropbox Paper every time I want to make a special document for one of my trips (research or leisure) with detailed timetable, pictures of tickets, ideas etc. It is also easy to share a very user friendly.

Cons: My biggest issue is that it crashes on my Android phone (Nexus 6p). Otherwise, I think that it should be better integrated with the desktop Dropbox application. I really don't like that I have to always go on the website just to open the document and that Dropbox paper has a separate folder strcuture. It would be great if it would be simply another document in my Dropbox folder.

• Reviewed on 10/10/2019
Solutions Engineer
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2020

"Writing on Dropbox Paper feels very natural"

Comments: Dropbox Paper shocked me on how much I learned to love the product. I thought there wouldn't be many differences in Paper and Google Docs, but I much prefer to use Paper.

Pros: Everything looks beautiful when you write it using Dropbox Paper. It's easy to collaborate between teammates on one document and I love the additional features such as commenting.

Cons: Although there are folders, it's a little difficult to organize all the documents I write. I would to see the option to create templates as well.

• Reviewed on 22/02/2020
Ellie A.
Student
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees

"Best Product Ever"

Pros: Dropbox is the best way to access documents from anywhere and share with others regardless of what type of document you are saving. You don't have to just use Microsoft Word or just use PDF's, you can save and share anything.

Cons: No problems- love Dropbox with all my heart.

Ina G.
Administrator
Insurance, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2019

"No need to worry anymore that you will lose your files"

Comments: It is a software that I kind of started to use automatically. It is just a part of my must-have softwares :).

Pros: I like the most that it saves the files automatically. Anything can happen and information is ...priceless. Having it backed up is great, especially if it is done automatically. I also like the option that you can go into your Dropbox account, take a photo (you go on your phone) of your notes and save it and you can access it immediately on any device.

Cons: Didn't find any cons - I mean you do need an internet connection, but this is normal for something that works like this.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2019
Justin P.
Developer
  • Reviewed on 15/09/2020

"Great application, task management is disconnected though."

Comments: Great! I've using it since it came out and when you need a collaborative writing tool it is fantastic.

Pros: Paper gives you a great interface to quickly take notes with other colleagues in real time. In our current remote work world it is critical to be able to stay on the same page and this helps greatly.

Cons: It is great to be able to enter tasks but Dropbox doesn't have a task management feature so if a client asks for something that requires a task (everything) you can create it in this document but then you have to manually create the tasks in Asana, Teamwork, ClickUp, etc.

• Reviewed on 15/09/2020
Prabhu S.
Associate
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2021

"Secured place drop your files"

Pros: 1. Easy to sync up the file with cloud, so working with team members they will view updated version of that file.
2. Even though we deleted some of our files accidentally, we can retrieve it back with help of version saved in dates.

Cons: 1. Downloading files from cloud taking more duration.
2. difficult to upload the folder directly to the cloud.

• Reviewed on 10/03/2021
Vinoch S.
Senior Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2019

"Secured place to store your files and documents."

Comments: I use this in my organisation to store and share files with colleagues. And now I use the dropbox paper to take notes in weekly iterations and share them with my team.

Pros: It is accessible across all devices and easy to share the files with others. With new dropbox paper, it is now easy to take notes and sync with dropbox.

Cons: As free plan they can provide more storage. Compare to competitors like Google Drive and One Drive, Dropbox provides less storage as free plan.

• Reviewed on 29/09/2019
Jason B.
server manager
Media Production, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/08/2020

"Good for Collaboration"

Comments: I used this app whenever a new idea for a chapter arrived and sent it to my friend to edit, he got an email alert instantly and it went back and forth like that for a while.

Pros: It was offered through my drop-box account which was free. I signed up for the trial and forgot about it renewing. So I kept using it and was able to collaborate with a good friend of mine on a graphic novel project over long distance. It is amazing how in this age, that you can work virtually from everywhere and this program was a big help with producing and editing content in a matter of days.

Cons: You must have an account with those whom you are communicating with. So after that is set up then you are good, however it is impossible to double sign in under the same account.

• Reviewed on 25/08/2020
Emily K.
Marketing Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/01/2020

"Compatible with Multiple Features"

Comments: Really enjoy using this for collaborating. Saves instantly and allows your team to work in one place.

Pros: Easy all-in-one organizer for projects or meetings. Great for collaborating with those with different email addresses.

Cons: It takes some getting used to the different features such as setting up checkboxes and embedding links but with practice you will be able to use all the features with ease.

Research Tech III
Higher Education, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/09/2019

"Dropbox paper offers a lot!"

Comments: over all experience with dropbox paper has been great1

Pros: Dropbox paper let allows us to prepare documents simulataneously. User interphase is easy to handle it.

Cons: Dropbox paper has been great so far. but technical support could be improved which is the only issue.

• Reviewed on 15/09/2019
Greg P.
Concession Stand Attendant
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

"Great for Transfers"

Pros: I use Dropbox all the time to submit resumes and references. It's easy to use and gives me my own dedicated space in my computer for it.

Cons: When the internet is down, this product does not work. Also, the speed of syncing depends a lot on internet speed.

Property Manager
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 05/07/2019

"Works well when I have to scan things on my phone and then send them to the Computer"

Comments: Works well for me.

Pros: Ease of use using mobile phone and computer to share files and documents.

Cons: The android version of file folder choosing is a bit challenging at times.

• Reviewed on 05/07/2019
Katie S.
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/02/2021

"Very helpful while working from home!"

Comments: Helped tremendously while our staff was working remotely and in/out of the office constantly.

Pros: This has been very helpful during the pandemic while people were working remotely and in office. Helps to keep all administration organized and in the loop!

Cons: I cannot think of any cons. Maybe it could be more user friendly for those not so tech savvy, but I generally found it easy to navigate.

• Reviewed on 09/02/2021
Jockie T.
Senior Consultant
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2019

"Easy to Use Collaborative Document"

Pros: While designed for collaboration, Dropbox paper is also perfect for individual use. You can add many types of files to Paper. You can also transform your documents into presentations.

Cons: It lacks the database creation like Notion.

• Reviewed on 18/07/2019
Adhi S.
Public Health Consultant
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2019

"Simple and Quick Collaborative Document Editor"

Pros: If you need to create a quick document to collaborate with others, Dropbox Paper is one of your best options. It’s simple to use and supports various kinds of content, LaTex, and Markdown. It also integrates with various services.

Cons: It lacks integration with grammar and spell checker tools. So you need to do it on third-party services. Fon’t usage is also non-customizable.

• Reviewed on 19/07/2019
Ralph E.
Digital Marketer
  • Reviewed on 24/05/2020

"You can use to just write, plan, and organize."

Comments: Overall, it's a pretty nice integration from Dropbox which is worth a try.

Pros: One of my favorite sources is the ability to pull images and videos from a variety of sources which makes writing less tedious. That's one really cool feature that I like about Dropbox paper.
Also, the ability to insert calendar, to do list, pictures, etc. makes it a proper planning tool with functionalities that extend beyond just writing.

Cons: I think it's limited in terms of formats you can export your text documents to for storage, usage, and sharing unlike something like Google docs.
And the app is not that responsive if you access it from a mobile browser, though the Android app works better.

• Reviewed on 24/05/2020
Hydyn G.
Vice President
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/08/2019

"Simple File Sharing and Editing"

Comments: Dropbox Paper has certainly helped me to solve key issues in our organisation - that is the problem of needing to have multiple people working on a file. Dropbox Paper provides this solution in an incredibly concise easy to use way.

Pros: Dropbox Paper is a great product as it allowed me to share files that need to be worked on with my fellow organisation members, allowing us all to contribute with no problems, without the worry of needing to email it around, merge edits or potential file corruption.

Cons: Sadly there are far less formatting features compared to products like Microsoft Word - which is fine for heavy text based projects (like plans) but not great for documents that need visual appeal.

• Reviewed on 12/08/2019
Jian hong L.
Student
Real Estate, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/08/2020

"Dropbox Paper Review"

Pros: This software is very intuitive to use and its collaboration features is definitely a plus.

Cons: No real cons for this software as it is a free product from Dropbox

• Reviewed on 02/08/2020
Rick H.
Director of sales
  • Reviewed on 30/06/2020

"Sometimes less is more"

Comments: I really like Paper but I'm conflicted. I want it to do more and look prettier, but at the same time I love that it
s fast and easy to build and share a quick presentation or portfolio. If it did more it would be harder to use and probably cost more.
Right now it does what I need.

Pros: Paper is quick to use, easy to learn and easy to share.

Cons: Pages are not very pretty and formatting is very limited. Support is non-existent.

• Reviewed on 30/06/2020
James S.
Owner/Psychotherapist
Mental Health Care, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 03/04/2020

"I mean, it Worked..."

Comments: Not good. It’s been a while since I used it and I’m hopeful it has had some successful updates since then.

Pros: I didn’t think this was easy to use, and it was frustrating to set up. I guess what I liked most, besides being done with it, was being able to remotely submit documents when needed.

Cons: I didn’t think it was intuitive or helpful in organizing my documents. It was frustrating to set up and log onto before I even wrestled to upload.

• Reviewed on 03/04/2020
Milagros R.
Analyst and Strategist
Market Research, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/12/2020

"Dropbox, a useful tool"

Comments: While I find that Dropbox Paper is a useful tool, I think there are similar products in the market that are easier to use. This might be advisable when larger groups of people are involved.

Pros: What I liked the most was the option of easily sharing large pieces of information with coworkers. I also liked that the information would be saved directly on my computer, making it very practical.

Cons: I find the product not as intuitive as others of the same type. This can make the initial set up more difficult, especially when a large number of people are going to be part of the same folder.

• Reviewed on 25/12/2020
Hasan S.
Photo Editor
Photography, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/01/2020

"Usefull alternate for document editing."

Comments: I used Dropbox Paper to edit documents when i did not have access to my computer.

Pros: I liked that with Paper you can manage, edit and share documents on the go. It is swift and easy to use.

Cons: You can only use Dropbox Paper when you are online. That makes it less usable in certain situation.

• Reviewed on 14/01/2020
Kelly P.
Certified Personal Trainer
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/08/2019

"Useful for sharing large Filez"

Pros: It’s a good tool for sharing files, photos and other graphics in one central location.

Cons: Not as user friendly platform as some others I’ve used, but still a good tool!

• Reviewed on 17/08/2019
Business Owner
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2019

"A better version of Google Docs"

Comments: It helps when we have a larger story to work on or project, allowing editors to look in on work and make changes, even though we're not in the same room (or the same building).

Pros: Easy to use, perfect for groups working on projects. Not only can you share documents, but you also can get updates from different group members. In some ways, it's like a mix of Google Docs and Stack.

Cons: Nothing really. It's works well, both on wifi and using data on phones and laptops. It doesn't take long to train an employee to use it successfully.

• Reviewed on 17/12/2019