15 years helping Australian businesses

Google Classroom Reviews

4.6 (2,757) Write a Review!

About Google Classroom

Google Classroom is an all-in-one, secure platform designed to provide a positive learning experience for K-12 educators and students.

Learn more about Google Classroom

Pros:

What i like about this software is its simplicity. Tools are easy to use and to access, without cosing you any amount of money/ so much money to use the app.

Cons:

The biggest downside is that it is too basic and lacks some extra features or some of the features implemented are limited.

Google Classroom ratings

4.6
4.4
4.5
4.7

8.9/10

Google Classroom has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 2,757 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Google Classroom before?

Filter reviews (2,757)

Dameron
Dameron
Animator in US
Animation, 2–10 Employees

Google Classroom Review

Pros:

Benefits greatly from the platform since it makes it easier for us to administer and distribute our courses to each individual.

Cons:

Some things that I would want to see added are live class streaming, like a Google Meet video. Students would be able to comprehend their lessons more fully as a result.

E-Learning, Self Employed

One of the Best Online School !!!

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: My overall experience with Google Classroom has been largely positive. Google Classroom offers an intuitive and user-friendly interface, making it easy for both educators and students to navigate and utilize its features. Also, the platform simplifies classroom management by providing tools for organizing assignments, facilitating communication, and managing student submissions.

Pros:

What I like most about Google Classroom is that it streamlines the management of classes by allowing teachers to digitally organize, distribute, and collect assignments and course materials. This reduces the administrative burden on teachers and keeps everything neatly organized and the integration with other Google tools, such as Google Docs, Sheets, and Meet.

Cons:

What I like least is just the inability to schedule assignments for multiple classes simultaneously.

Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

I really loved my experience with this site, which lasted more than two years

3.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It was a very good experience. I highly recommend it to anyone who needs the features that the site offers. For me, some of the flaws can be overlooked in light of the amount of features available, and it does not cost the person anything.
Everything is really organized perfectly

Pros:

What I loved most about it is the wonderful organization with high quality and the capabilities of bringing together large numbers in teams in a way that is not available in many other sites. It suits me in many situations, such as my studies and work, and I truly believe that any person currently, whether a student or an employee, will need it one day.

Cons:

What I liked least about the site is their slow customer service and response, and I think it does not befit the range of features on the site. The last thing was that if some of the ideas on it were developed using artificial intelligence, it would be more creative, although it really is not one of the best sites for me. The best of them

Chelsea
Real estate assistant in Belgium
Real Estate, 10,000+ Employees

Google Classroom Features

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I've been using it for more than 3 years and i never experienced this feeling of comforts during the time i was working. Its really an app/web that allows you to discover a new site full of features and different stuff.

Pros:

It's really good for all type of people to be honest. It's also easy to use. Very handy for people like students or someone who needs an app that allow them to work in full comfort.

Cons:

The only thing i didn't like about it was the fact that you can't leave a group if you aren't the one that created it. I would like to have a button for that issue.

Ankit
HR in India
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11–50 Employees

"A Teacher's Best Friend: Google Classroom's Progress Tracking"

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Streamlining class management and Organise Facilitating collaboration and communication
Providing real-time feedback and assessment
Integrating with other Google tools
Offering accessibility and flexibility

Pros:

Google Classroom is user-friendly and easy to navigate, making it simple for teachers and students to get started.

Cons:

Some users find the platform's customization options limited, making it difficult to tailor the experience to their specific needs.

Jeda
College in US
Accounting, Self Employed

Google classroom review

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: My overall experience was great after all.

Pros:

I like the fact that it gives you step by step instructions.

Cons:

I don’t like that it ask for so much information needed when signing up for it.

Spencer
E-Learning, 11–50 Employees

Google Classroom Review by Certified Teacher in Texas

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: I used it for two years and enjoyed it while I did. The students did as well. It's one of the better learning management systems out there on the market when cost is factored in.

Pros:

I like its ease of implementation. Google classroom also organizes your classes into sections which is helpful for organizational techniques.

Cons:

The layout was simplistic and could have had more visually stimulating centers.

Sanchita
Teacher in India
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

"Efficient and Accessible Google Classroom"

5.0 last month New

Comments: My overall experience using Google Classroom has been positive. It has a simple design, easy interaction with G Suite products, and effective assignment management. Communication and collaboration are expedited, but customization is limited, and internet connectivity is occasionally required. Despite a few small limitations, it has significantly facilitated the teaching and learning processes.

Pros:

Pros: Google Classroom offers educators a user-friendly interface and integrates easily with G Suite apps such as Google Drive. Its effective assignment management system allows for the creation, distribution, and grading of assignments within the platform, which improves workflow. It serves as a communication hub, facilitating announcements, feedback, and conversations while encouraging collaboration. The digital format encourages organization, minimizes dependency on physical resources, and provides simple access from any place. Teachers can provide prompt comments and assessments, thereby promoting student learning.

Cons:

Cons: To begin, there are few customization choices for assignments and course formats, which may not fit the needs of all educators. Second, it is dependent on regular internet access, which presents difficulties in locations with inadequate connectivity. Users who are unfamiliar with Google's products will also face a learning curve. Data collection may raise privacy concerns, particularly among minor pupils. Finally, while it interacts seamlessly with G Suite, it may encounter compatibility concerns with third-party programs.

Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Google Classroom is a Must-have for all Students

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I enjoyed being able to access a large pool of resources from my school quickly, nicely segmented into different topics for my ease.

Cons:

Sometimes, handing in my work on Google Classroom was difficult as there were many lags when exporting my work into Google Classroom.

Christine
Christine
Owner in US
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

Perfect for Students and Parents

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Free, easy to use, available on all devices, integrates with all google applications

Cons:

Online only, can be overwhelming, no options for parent commenting

CLARK
Primary/Secondary Education, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Google Classroom in the Real Classroom

Comments: I really enjoy using Google Classroom to get information out to my students quickly. It is my Homebase for all of my websites, information, assessments, files, you name it. My students know to go there for links to everything.

Pros:

What is great about Google Classroom is that I can give my students an assignment on Google Classroom and they can access it immediately. I can also create a template for them that automatically creates a copy for the students and I get a copy of it too. I can see what they are doing in realtime. I can also make comments or corrections as they type. With Google Classroom, I can also give my students a quiz which I can set to autocorrect, even preset words or boundaries to look for. Creating and adding students to the Google Classroom is very easy. It is also nice to share websites, documents, files, videos or pictures easily with students.

Cons:

I wish this program had more options for video and audio responses for the students. Also, the format that it creates a link to websites is not very good. I put my classroom website on there and the preview window says "Google Sign In." I wish it were a little more pleasing to the eye in that regard. Also, I wish I could add students to quizzes once they are published. I have new kids in my classes almost every day and it is frustrating to create a new quiz for the new kid.

Mark A.
Middle School Religion Teacher in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Google Classroom is still a classroom

Comments: Our overall experience with Google classroom is favorable. We have used it in conjunction with our 1:1 technology initiative with student issued Chromebooks. We have no plans to switch products at this time

Pros:

-Ease in disseminating information and assigning work to students. -Accountability for each student as student work can be easily monitored. -seamless interface with google drive and G-suite -Ability to communicate with students. -Students communicate and collaborate with others

Cons:

-Upgrades are not announced, so what you have done one day might be different the next in terms of using the classroom. I would just like to know when an upgrade is occurring or has occurred rather than being surprised and having to figure it out. -Settings are hard to switch. You have to go to settings and then to advanced settings. Still when you have changed your setting you aren't sure you have done it...there is no way to verify other then monitoring your classroom...or asking the students face to face in real life. -Settings changes are not global. So you have to go into every individual classroom to change settings. That can be quite tedious after a while.

Aniket
Student Researcher in India
Research, 51–200 Employees

Google Classroom: The Modern Virtual Classroom

Comments: I have used Google Classroom both as a student and as a teaching assistant. The features I thought that lacked as a student, were in-fact present beforehand which the teachers were forgetting to do, such as properly labelling posts/assignments, and arranging every student's grade in the application in itself. This basically implies that there is a learning curve to the application and is not as straightforward, which is due to the multitude of features present in the application.

Pros:

Classroom makes it easy for teachers to create their classrooms and manage students in it. Counter-intuitively, it is extremely easy for students to register into their preferred classrooms. The administrators can add multiple teachers (teaching assistants) to help the main teacher help with managing the classroom. One can also sync the Classroom with a lot of apps from the Google Suite, such as Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and Meet.

Cons:

Google Classroom currently lacks a search bar to search for appropriate post/assignment. This makes it difficult to search through the timeline for a post, unless it is appropriately labelled, which is usually forgotten by the teacher/instructor.

Merriel
Teacher in Jamaica
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Teacher review

Comments: Overall Google classroom has helped me and my team, and I will continue to recommend to others.

Pros:

I love that it helps me to communicate in real-time with my students, especially throughout the pandemic, this app is a lifesaver and a life-changer for everyone. Everyone in my country uses this app and will continue to use it.

Cons:

Virtual learning can be challenging but due to this app my school were able to communicate with each other effectively, I did not have any issues with this app so I am just looking forward to any added features.

Cyrel
College Student in Philippines
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 5,001–10,000 Employees

A Review about Google Classroom

Comments: To wrap up everything, this software is not perfect but it is the best so far. I really like the user interface and the simplicity. I would love to continue using google classroom and recommend this software to my colleagues.

Pros:

The best thing in this software is it has a very clean user interface and it is very easy to use. The google classroom also has a mobile application which makes it more accessible for the user anytime and anywhere they want. I also appreciate that google classroom is compatible with pretty much all devices that have a browser window such as Android, Windows, Chrome and of course iOS.

Cons:

There are only few things that I don't like such as the capacity of the submission box for the assignment, it is quite not suitable for large files. It also lacks features for active interaction.

Kyle
Kyle
Student in US
Motion Pictures & Film, Self Employed

Save Paper With Google Classroom

Comments: Google Classroom is an amazing modern tool for all teachers. Its interface allows for easier communication with student and teachers and more convenient school and homework. As a middle school and high school student, I really appreciated having access to these tools that didn't exist a couple of years before then. And with the following years, I hope to see more features added to Google Classroom.

Pros:

Google Classroom has been a stable feature of my middle school and high school career. Almost every teacher in the school used Google Classroom as a way to make it easier for us students to turn in assignments and for us to transition into a newer more convenient way to get school and homework done. What I really like about Google Classroom is its simplicity. In conjunction with Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, etc. Google Classroom really shines as a substitute to standard turn-in baskets using paper. It's the ultimate tool for teachers and students because all of it costs no money. The only thing required is a Google Account which is just as easy to set up as a Google Classroom. Being able to turn in assignments whenever via the internet is a huge benefit for students because it makes it so they don't have to sort through their binders to look for a paper they may have forgotten at home. All of your files can be stored in your Google Account which can be accessed by almost every device and therefore there is less stress when turning in assignments. Google Classroom is a strong option for most teachers of any grade and its ability to make work less of a hassle is in my opinion makes it one of the best tools for school.

Cons:

Like most of the Google softwares, Classroom does not need much to improve upon. I suppose Google could add a dark mode if they haven't already. I haven't used Google Classroom on my phone but if they don't have this feature, they should add notifications for when your assignment is about to be due. Personally I don't have any issues with Google Classroom except its design. I feel like it could change it slightly however this is not really something that Google needs to worry about. One thing I would like to add would be an easier way to connect with Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets. For example, when I finish writing an essay in Google Docs there should be a classroom button that allows me to turn it in without having to manually go to the Google Classroom website and turn it in there. These are just suggestions but Google has made a strong application that has little to improve upon and is fine the way it is.

Ross
Teacher/IT Admin in US

They Continue to Improve

Comments: I absolutely am all in on Google Classroom and the way it continues to add features. Its integration with Google Meet makes it simple for students to remotely join a class. Google must have teachers onboard in their design of the software as it does everything that a teacher could ask for and does it simply.

Pros:

Google Classroom is easy to use, intuitive, powerful, and continues to improve. Creating classes is very simple. It integrates with Gmail allowing student names to populate the "add student" box speeding up the addition of students to a class. Once a student is entered, parents and guardians can be added giving them access to weekly reports. Additionally, when those same students are added to other classes, the parents/guardians are automatically added. This continues throughout a student's career at your school. The creation of classwork is very simple. A very nice feature is that assignments can be created as draft assignments and then scheduled to post on any day and time. So you can create a week of assignments ahead of time, schedule them, and then sit back and let them post. What is especially helpful is that assignments can be reused from any class no matter how long ago your created the class. Google Classroom integrates Google Forms as assignments allowing you to create self-grading quizzes. Those quiz grades can be automatically imported to Classroom. Assignments can be grouped by topic. Most Student Information Systems allow integration with Google Classroom. At the end of the year, classes are archived, but are always accessible as sources for assignments. You can even copy a previous class into a new year, bringing with it assignments from that year into the current year as draft assignments, thus simplifying the new year.

Cons:

We do not make use of the grading component but not necessarily because it is bad but rather because we are able to integrate Classroom into our SIS, Gradelink. Occasionally a recorded Google Meet created from within Classroom is mysteriously "owned" by a student rather than the teacher of the class making it hard to share with other students.. This does not happen very often but it is inconvenient when it happens and it likely not a fault of Classroom.

Nick
Clinical Director in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Back to School

Comments: We have had to adapt more to changing technology in the past 2 years than we did in the decade prior. With the protocols brought on by COVID, we had to shift towards more virtual work than in person. In doing that, our staff and even our clientele have become fairly proficient in the concept of telehealth, virtual meetings, and other methods of communication outside of in-person visits. I believe this is what laid the groundwork for us to be able to excel with Google Classroom. It was a case of being at the right place at the right time. We would not have had the support of the staff five years ago if we implemented this change to Google Classroom, and we would have been hard pressed to instruct our clients on the ins and outs of virtual classes. However, the timing ended up being perfect for us. Our decision to spread clients out rather than concentrate them in one location helped us make it through the pandemic without a major infection. The one downside that we worried about was always how we would deliver services to all our clients and not have the quality of our care diminished. With Google Classroom, that prayer was answered. I cannot stress enough how well the Google Classroom setup is for virtual learning.

Pros:

The best part about Google Classroom for our organization is the ability it gives us to have interactive groups and classes with clients that are geographically spread out. Rather than attempt to build a large facility in a single location, our company's strategic vision was to use multiple locations spread out in several counties so that our clients' access to employment and care would be increased. While this strategy has worked very well for providing our clients with more options than traditional treatment facilities, it came with the downside of putting a tremendous amount of pressure on our counselors and teachers. Trying to maintain a caseload of clients in addition to leading groups and teaching classes to people in six locations was too big of a burden to place on them, and we are not yet at a point where we can hire counselors for each location. Enter Google Classroom. With a minor investment in Chromebooks for all of our facilities, we have been able to effectively administer our entire curriculum at once, from one single location.

Cons:

We have some minor issues from time to time, but they are almost exclusively due to the fact that this software is tailored to educators, not mental health counselors. If it works this well for a population that isn't the target population, I can only imagine how effective it is for actual teachers and professors.

Tarik
Student in Canada
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees

My experience with using Google classroom

Comments: As a student, my experience with Google Classroom has been mostly positive. I like how convenient it is to access all of my course materials in one place, and I appreciate being able to collaborate on assignments with my classmates using Google Docs. It's also helpful to be able to see my grades and receive feedback on my work directly on the platform.However, I have also had some challenges with Google Classroom. It can be overwhelming at times to keep track of all the announcements, assignments, and resources that are posted, especially if I'm taking multiple courses. I find it helpful to use the calendar feature to stay organized, but sometimes I still feel like I'm juggling a lot of different tasks. I also don't like how easy it is to get behind if I miss a class or a deadline. It can be tough to catch up, especially if I don't have the chance to ask for clarification or extra help from my teacher.Overall, while I think Google Classroom is a great tool, it can be a bit overwhelming to use at times. It's important for both teachers and students to be familiar with the features and capabilities of the platform in order to get the most out of it.

Pros:

One of the things I appreciate most about Google Classroom is the feedback feature. I find it really helpful to be able to see my grades and receive comments on my assignments directly on the platform. It makes it easier for me to track my progress and understand where I need to improve. I also like how easy it is to access and submit assignments using Google Classroom. It's convenient to be able to turn in my work electronically and not have to worry about remembering to bring it to class. Overall, I think Google Classroom is a great tool for keeping students organized and engaged in their coursework.

Cons:

One thing I don't like about Google Classroom is that it can be a little overwhelming at times. With so many announcements, assignments, and resources all in one place, it can be hard to keep track of everything. I find it helpful to use the calendar feature to stay organized, but sometimes I still feel like I'm juggling a lot of different tasks. I also don't like how easy it is to get behind if I miss a class or a deadline. It can be tough to catch up, especially if I don't have the chance to ask for clarification or extra help from my teacher. Overall, while I think Google Classroom is a great tool, it can be a bit overwhelming to use at times.

Gilmer
Gilmer
Marketing Manager in Argentina
Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees

Works flawlessly

Comments: It is a great solution to create a virtual learning space that allows you to organize the contents of the subject, resolve doubts at any time and track the progress of each student. It made it much easier for me to manage the administrative logistics of the class. Although it has areas of opportunity, especially in its free version, I would recommend its use to other teachers thanks to its simplicity, versatility and ability to adapt to different educational levels in an accessible way

Pros:

What I liked most about Google Classroom was its simple and intuitive interface, it allows you to create classes, make assignments, share files and communicate with students in a very efficient way. Its clean and functional design makes content distribution and feedback a quick process. Additionally, I loved how it facilitates group discussions through conversation streams, students can resolve doubts among themselves asynchronously. I also highlight its integration with Google Drive, since it allows you to store and edit files directly from Classroom without having to download them

Cons:

What I liked least was that some of the advanced features such as calendar integration and the ability to create custom tabs in classes are only available in the paid version. As a teacher who teaches classes at different levels, it would have been very useful to be able to access those tools at no additional cost. I also missed having more types of questions for the assessments, such as multiple choice short answers

ALEXI
Education Manager in Canada
E-Learning, 10,000+ Employees

A Product That Gets the Job Done but is Frustrating at Times

Comments: I solved the complicated implementation of other software by using Google Classroom. Although there are still many problems with the mobile and tablet applications for the service, it remains an easier choice. I would advise all student-facing personnel to reassure them at the beginning of class that if bugs are encountered to take it easy and send missing homework or exam material by email. Try to be nice and understanding as your life does not depend on it.

Pros:

I believe the most important element of Google Classroom is its ease of implementation when your institution uses Google Workspace products and services. It only takes a couple of clicks to deploy or archive a classroom, let alone adding students via their name or school-issued email address.

Cons:

It should not come as a shocker that some of the pro's such as low-cost and easy of implementation both attract a degree of customization, SLA and reporting that is not at the level of other classroom management services such as Moodle. However, if the deployment is relatively small (let's say under 5000 students) with rather simple assignments and instructions, then it becomes a no-brainer.

Emily
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Needs Attention

Comments: I have come to rely on it and will use it far into the future, but hope Google keeps up.

Pros:

Having a platform like this is great and I use it every single day (especially since remote learning started). I am very grateful they have made some improvements such as integrating a personalized Google Meet link right into each classroom (if the teacher activates it first).

Cons:

It seemed that with such high need emerging from the coronavirus shutdowns that Google would have continued improving this platform by listening to EDUCATORS' feedback. It does not seem that they have done so. There are so many opportunities to improve this for school use and it is slow going (if at all). For example: teachers have been begging for a way to "archive" or hide past assignments that they don't necessarily want to delete. Another example: when new students join in, it would make sense to "start fresh" from that date, but instead it automatically assigns them all previous assignments, making their list of missing work a mile long.

Education Management, 201–500 Employees

If You're Not Using GC, Get on Board!

Comments: I used many different work arounds for creating templates and having students turn work in before I started using Google Classroom, and once I made the jump it changed my life. I couldn't believe how much easier it was to send work out, keep things organized, and view everything in one place. I no longer have to deal with students losing their work, or not knowing something was due. It has made all of our lives easier and enriched the learning that takes place in my classroom on a daily basis.

Pros:

I can't describe how easy Google Classroom makes managing my assignments. It's the best platform for organizing work, creating templates, providing examples for students, accessing student work in real time, providing feedback and housing student work in general. It is very user friendly, and I would not be nearly as effective at my job without it.

Cons:

The only feature that I can think of that I would want on a regular basis is the ability to see things from the student side of the portal as opposed to the teacher side. I often record videos and have to describe to the students what they will see even though what they are seeing on the screen is what I see. I don't think this would be a difficult feature to add. Facebook has a feature where you can see what your public profile looks like, Google Sites has a feature where you can view the published version of your site (what others see), it seems like it would be something they could offer. It won't stop me from using the software. It's just one small thing I often wish I had access to.

E-Learning, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Great learning platform -but sadly still not the best

Comments: It helped us students very much, especially throughout the online education period. It's usability is pretty good. I just think it just needs some adjustments - additions. I know google can do better because it is one of the leading tech corporations in the world.

Pros:

The software itself doesn't require any prior knowledge and somewhat easy to use without distractions. Has a simple, pale design like any other google product. Its recent update now includes an instant google meet link generator button which is actually awesome, now that three of those related apps (drive, meet, classroom) are connected more efficiently.

Cons:

The google drive link of the classes are hidden which is not very practical. They could've created an option where if someone - probably a teacher - shares documents, it could've suggested them to add it directly to the respective drive folder , or if the google meeting is recorded, it could've been an option to share it with the class without having to download it first. Additionally, the students can't view the class code if they are added to a class using the link or directly by the teacher via e-mail. I believe that is quite troublesome if someone accidentally leaves the class. Also, you can't share an announcement without a text body, if you want to share a document. Assignment part is a little messy because it appears as a long list, if the shared documents are old they are hard to find, maybe they could've arranged t differently.

althea
igienista dentale in Italy
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Google Classroom: an encyclopedic memory, in "little cloud" perfect style.

Comments: I really enjoy no many sections on Classroom. One section is for streaming view. Plus, during the stream, you can write a pubblic or private message to the entertainer, for request something, answer, or just communicate.
Other section is very usefull, because is a place where you can view the past lessons, so it's like you have the teacher inside your home 24hours, and can replay the lessons every time you are in need.

Pros:

As many Italian unfortunately did, during the super first Covid period (about 2020, March), I was following an up-to-date course of studies, about my departement (dental hygiene). University organized for all of us, students of its course, a serie of on-line video-lessons, advising all the students that in few time we could started use "Google Classroom System". Great discover. Good (not perfect, but almost good) quality of video. Plus, we need to consider it was a period full of people who were using the same option, so big channel traffic! It was very easy even for person who were not so able to move online. School asked us to open each other an Aruba-domine e-mail. To be honest, I don't know the reason. Maybe just an organizative-motivation, but I still don't know if it's necessary. Anyway, just an Aruba domine e-mail, a download of application if you're connecting by phone, or just follow a link if you're via web. The same link, FOR ALL THE TIME OF THE COURSE, can connect you to the course you need to access. So, definitely, one-year course, one only link for all. DON'T LOST IT! (I joke!).

Cons:

What i like less of this software... to be honest, I really think it's usefull and well done, maybe they need to work on a privacy mood. People can view your access because system need to record access time and time you leave . But once you access, you have to take care, because it starts the videocam and audio, too. You can manage your preferences, but take care, anyway.