15 years helping Australian businesses

RUN Powered by ADP Reviews

About RUN Powered by ADP

RUN simplifies payroll and HR with a comprehensive set of easy-to-use tools, all backed by ADPs small business expertise.

Learn more about RUN Powered by ADP

Pros:

Customer service is pretty quick to respond by chat or email. It has every feature I need, including customized deductions.

Cons:

I kept getting charged for things after cancellation.

RUN Powered by ADP ratings

4.4
4.3
4.4
4.2

8.3/10

RUN Powered by ADP has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 776 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used RUN Powered by ADP before?

Jeremy
Jeremy
Franchisee in US
Consumer Services, 201–500 Employees

Powerful Enough for Large Companies

Comments: Paying employees weekly or biweekly has been simplified.

Pros:

I've used a few payroll companies during my time but ADP always seems to be the most dependable and reliable.

Cons:

With convenience is going to come cost. However, the newer level additions have made programs more customizable and tailored to individual business owners.

4 years ago

Jeremy, How wonderful to hear that both our top notch RUN? Service Team and our powerful payroll engine provide you with features tailored to YOU. We appreciate you entrusting us with your partnership on your human capital management needs. -Your RUN? Service Team

Katrina
Katrina
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

RUN is a great, easy-to-use payroll solution

Comments: Having a sales rep available to respond to my inquiries is a huge convenience. The supplementary data and reports are appreciated, as well. I appreciate that your costs are less than those of similar businesses.

Pros:

RUN powered by ADP has numerous benefits, but the fact that it gives workers access to their data and the ability to modify it is my favorite feature. One's contact info, W-2 withholdings, and payment options can all be changed. This frees up a lot of my time, which I can then use toward more pressing matters, like making sure everyone is paid.

Cons:

It bothers me that the technology isn't as cutting-edge as the retail ADP. I also have experience in retail, where I find that updating information is less of a hassle than in wholesale.

3 months ago

Katrina, thank you for your review. We love hearing that our product delivers for you. We strive to offer the best possible experience for our clients, and your feedback about the Wholesale experience has been shared internally.   -Your RUN Team

Melissa
HR Generalist in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Ease of use & efficient for small companies

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It has been good thus far, but as we are growing, we'd like to look into something more integrated.

Pros:

Easy to add PTO and view schedules, track requests, and assign managers. The customer service is great, easy chat option available

Cons:

Reports could be more customized, does not sync PTO time with Google Calender

Melody
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Quit ADP because of their "security"

Comments: So, when I decided to leave ADP, they didn't file my quarter 1 even though I changed right at the end of quarter 1. Thus resulting in my filings being late, late fines, headaches, etc. I would not recommend ADP to anyone I care about.

Pros:

ADP has some positives. Their customer service is always polite and helpful. Otherwise, hard for me to say much positive.

Cons:

ADP must be the only software company in the world that hasn't resolved what is a very simple issue. If one of my employees forgot their password and could not log in to see their paystubs, I, the administrator, had to call ADP to get it resolved. Their is no option for employees to call customer service themselves to fix it. ADP always stated that this was for "security reasons," which I find hard to believe, as every other company has figured this out. I kept ranting at them and finally they gave me a code to give to any employee that was locked out to prove they had permission to see their paystubs. Next time it happened, I gave the code to the employee, and ADP still called me to make sure they had permission. That was the last straw! I am a business owner and administrator, my time is too valuable to be calling them all the time when this is absolutely resolvable.

5 years ago

Melody, We apologize for your frustrations with your experience during your time with us. Security is front and center in what we do to ensure the safety of your company and your employee's data. Your feedback is very important to us here at ADP so we thank you for the review. The RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Staci
Business Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Very good!

Pros:

I've used Run for many years. It's a great program and easy to use. Reporting is quick as well.

Cons:

I have zero complaints, works well. Very easy to use

Melinda
Executive Director, CFO in US
Automotive, 11–50 Employees

Great software

Comments: My overall experience with ADP RUN was phenomenal, not only because I loved the user-friendly site that made my life as the administrator so much easier, but the customer service I received was top-notch! I had my own personal representative every step of the way. Any time I needed anything and reached out whether it was via email, text, or phone I would get an immediate response. I loved RUN so much that I made multiple referrals to them. Did you know that you can earn gift cards that you can use anywhere when you refer someone who signs up with ADP?! And each time you refer another person/business the amount of the gift card increases!!

Pros:

What I like most about the ADP RUN software is how user-friendly it is. You can literally be a first-time user with no instruction at all and successfully execute any task. The way the site is laid out makes it very easy to find what you're looking for. If you're not 100% sure what it is that you need but you have an idea you can even type a keyword into the search and all of the options associated with that word will pop up and trust me, you'll answer will be there!

Cons:

The thing that I liked least about ADP Software was the GPS tracking feature. It does offer a feature that will show you the location of the employee when they clock in and out but that's it. For my business I really needed more out of this feature like geo-fencing for each job location and for me to be able to get an alert if the employee clocked in/out outside of the job location. ADP RUN does not offer those additional features.

2 years ago

Melinda, Thank you for taking the time to post this review of RUN Powered by ADP?. How wonderful to hear that RUN? provides you with the information and access you require at your fingertips, empowering you to focus on your business! We appreciate your valuable insights! -Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Jennifer
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Payroll Made Easy

Comments: My account manager is excellent. He is always responds quickly to any questions or problems I may have. It makes payroll simple.

Pros:

It makes my job much easier. This gives me time to work on other projects.

Cons:

There really isn't anything that I don't like about RUN.

3 months ago

Hi Jennifer, thank you for your review of RUN. We love hearing that RUN delivers for you. We strive to add value through our services and give you time to focus on your day-to-day business.   -Your RUN Team

Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Payroll Taxes

Comments: It is not different than Paychex. Just big corporate software. It works well, but if you have a problem you are working with giant companies. Not sure with Paychex, but ADP customer service was horrific.

Pros:

Actual payroll processing and data entry of employees and payroll is easy.

Cons:

I had payroll tax issues that were not resolved by customer service, and in fact were made worse, causing a fine and back taxes.

4 years ago

Thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP?. We love hearing that RUN Powered by ADP? is not only easy and intuitive for you, but it also streamlines your payroll processing. Our RUN? Service Team would like to ensure your tax concerns are resolved, we look forward to connecting with you. As always, we strive to add value to your organization and add time back into your day through our products and services enabling you to focus on what matters most. - Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Mental Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Great!

Comments: I love all features available to me and it is worth the price.

Pros:

Support from customer service. They actually expressed wanting to work with me. Went out of their way to get me started.

Cons:

Nothing. I have honestly been impressed.

Joyce
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

ADP is easy and simple to use

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I feel confident in ADP as a company. As i have know about them for a very long time. Since at least 1980 in Syosset NY. Long story short, I have seen them grow over the years and i know how things are run there. They have been around a long long time and have only grown with time. So i have the utmost respect and confidence in ADP as a company.

Pros:

Customer service is spot on. I always can get help when i need it and i get to speak to a human being. I like the ease of inputting information and feel like they actually care.

Cons:

Just a little pricey. But i feel confident that i always have help. As a small business owner in NY we just pay so much for everything. But as a service in NY i get that it is a cost to run a business. Our payroll is our whole business. We do our best to save on costs but its not easy.

Nessa
Hospital Administrator in US
Veterinary, 2–10 Employees

Don't do it!

Comments: I have had nothing but problems with ADP. I am not a fan. I think that there are better alternatives like Quickbooks Payroll service. ADP has screwed up an employees wage garnishment resulting in fees. Their PTO tracking has limitations and the customer service is ridiculous.

Pros:

There isn't much I like about this software. I think it isn't rocket science so a beginner could navigate it.

Cons:

It has major limitations. Support is difficult to get ahold of. The company tries to sell you unnecessary products through scare tactic emails (ex. you are not in compliance).

Jillian
Accounting, 11–50 Employees

Run Powered By ADP Is So Easy To Use!

Comments: I save so much more time using RUN by ADP for payroll and employee management. It takes a lot off of my plate and the fact that I can access it from anywhere is a wonderful bonus. The app works so well on my phone that I've processed payroll while out of town many times with no trouble at all. Payroll should be quick, simple, accessible and ADP RUN delivers on all of those needs.

Pros:

The ADP Run payroll platform has been making my life as an office manager easier since 2011. I recommend it to anyone asking about payroll platforms and I hope my office never changes. There are so many behind the scenes things that RUN does for you, like the pesky calculations to see which part-time employees qualify as full-time and have to be counted for the ACA insurance requirements. Done! ADP does that time equivalency for you! State new-hire reporting? ADP does that for you too. Entering employees and processing payroll is a breeze! The payroll reports are thorough and the W-2 processing and mailing is all done by them as well. If you haven't used ADP before then do yourself a favor and call them, you won't regret it.

Cons:

My main complaint would be on the employee side of the software. Employees can access their paycheck stubs through a platform called Employee Access. I like that it's available and I can manage it on the RUN side but sometimes the website is buggy. The employees say the app on their phones works better than the website. So you will have to reset passwords at times. I hope ADP addresses the glitches with that website.

4 years ago

Jillian, Thank you for your feedback on RUN Powered by ADP?! We are happy to hear that RUN? offers you features and functionality that are easy to use and efficient, especially when on the go! I have passed along your product feedback in regards to Employee Access, would like to hear more detail on the website issues your employees experienced. We value your long standing relationship and appreciate you taking the time to provide these insights on your experience! - Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Mike
HR Manager in US
Management Consulting, 11–50 Employees

Solid HR Platform

Comments: Overall, we find ADP RUN to be useful and a pretty good value for the money. It saves us time and works as expected 99% of the time with no downtime. ADP has really good customer service and we've enjoyed the integration with the retirement services. RUN is robust and offers a lot of different, useful features.

Pros:

We've been using ADP RUN for a few years now and have enjoyed our experience with the system. It makes payroll a breeze and provides our staff members with an easy-to-use timecard and information portal, which allows them to see their pay stubs, W-2s, and retirement balances. Errors within the system are rare, and the ADP customer service team is extremely responsive if any issues do arise. W-2 forms are generated automatically for us to mail out and ADP also helpfully files tax and employment reports, which saves a ton of time. An added bonus is the fact that RUN integrates with ADP's retirement services division, so employees can make changes to their deferral percentages and investment options directly through the Employee Access hub. We've also found the HR411 feature to be useful for basic HR queries, particularly when certain forms are needed. It's a good resource.

Cons:

Every so often, the Employee Access hub seems to glitch and prevents some employees from reaching their accounts. I've found that this can sometimes be rectified with a cache clear or even opening the Access portal in a different browser, but overall this is a relatively minor issue and it can be quickly cleared up in most cases. ADP also has a bit of a habit of having random salespeople reach out from time to time to attempt upsells rather than a dedicated account manager (we do have a dedicated manager, but the upsells are usually pitched by others).

Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Reliable, easy, and great customer service

Comments: It's extremely user friendly, employees can log in to see pay stubs and reports about their pay, customer service is exceptional, and it's not very costly, considering the amount of time it would take me to do this on my own.

Pros:

I've had to rely on customer support a few times, whether for questions or the occasional mistake in processing. I've never had an issue that wasn't solved within five minutes. I can open a chat or give them a call, and they either fix it for me or teach me what I need to know. I'm sent a reminder when it's time to run payroll. I especially like that any of the reports can be exported to Excel.

Cons:

Once you submit a payroll, you can't edit it. It would be nice if you could complete a payroll, then view some of the resulting reports to identify an errors, then submit it. But, once you click submit, you have to get support involved to change anything. Also, though it's very easy to export any report to Excel, they are formatted to be viewed, not necessarily used for analysis. For example, a report might have multiple occurrences of column titles in the same column as numerical data, in addition to having subtotals in the same column as data. Employee name and date appear above each data set and not on the same row as the data.

5 years ago

Thank you for your exceptional review of RUN Powered by ADP?! We are happy to hear that RUN? offers you features and functionality that are easy to use and efficient! The RUN? Service Team is always here to provide quality support, right in the moment you need it and we are thrilled to hear that has been your experience. Your feedback and insights are important to us so that we can continue to deliver you with the products and tools that enhance your business. Our team would be happy to discuss reports in more depth with you, we look forward to hearing from you. - Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Emmarose

ADP Payroll

Pros:

It makes tracking wages and employment records easy to track.

Cons:

Some documents are tricky to locate. Each pay stub has to be downloaded individually unless put together in a custom reports package.

2 years ago

Emmarose, We thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP® and couldn't be happier to hear that our product delivers for you. Adding value through our services and giving you time back into your day through our products is truly what we strive for and we are pleased to hear that has been the experience for you. -Your RUN Powered by ADP® Team

Meg
Meg
Director of Operations in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

OK for Payroll, Terrible for Taxes

Comments: Software is great, company is difficult.

Pros:

Easy to process payroll and requires very oversight on customer end.

Cons:

ADP Run continuously fails to file taxes and makes it so you don’t want to leave because you want to make sure things finally get resolved but try and prevent it from happening again.

Ashley
Ashley
Administration/ITSpecialist in US
Human Resources, 11–50 Employees

RUN Powered by ADP Review

Comments: Overall I like ADP because it is a whole lot easier than the old way of doing things and it a lot easier than our other system. There are some quirks with it and it could stand to be a bit more modernized, but even still its a decent service that offers a lot of neat things that can be extremely useful.

Pros:

As an employee I liked being able to log in and view my W-2s quickly as well as the employee handbook and PTO. As a person who also runs the payroll its nice being able to see an excel type form of all the employees across the board. I like being alerted when money is coming out so I know exactly whats going on especially since the funds came out earlier than what I thought. There is also a nice break down of everything. I like the idea of having all the employee perks that can be added on and will maybe be implementing more in the future. Lastly I liked being able to change some of the other employees banking information without too much of a hassle. There were 2 employees that changed banks shortly after getting ADP and requested their direct deposits go to their new banks and I assumed it would be a hassle to get them set up again, but it was pretty easy.

Cons:

It took some time and frustration to set it up and even still its not fully functional as far as the perks that are promised with the service. We have the vendor discounts at different restaurants and stores as well as a retirement plan, but it took a bit of time to set it up because the rep that was assisting us couldn't get through to the customer service. Another thing I was not expecting was that the money was being withdrawn the night before the actual payday. I'm not sure if that is an ADP thing or just how things work sometimes as this is the first time I've run payroll. It was also frustrating having to log into multiple services. As an employee and then to run payroll. I set up 2 log ins, but I feel like if you are an employee running payroll everything should be in 1 space.

Joan M
Entreprenuer and Business Owner X 4 in US
Construction

The product is getting better over time.

Pros:

The product is a good product, money value is cost effective, informative, easy to understand. I have used ADP for about 23 years. I have seen several products that were used. Technology moves fast and this product provides future assurance of meeting the technological needs that businesses will be looking for to help run their payrolls. Education of the product and how it links into the unemployment office and keeps records on our employees and their payroll tax needs is also very important The reports that are offered can provide endless data. I am appreciating all these features available to me as I focus on running the company as well. I need quick, friendly and understanding customer service attendants that can help with my unique needs for my employees. It is a product that NEVER CLOSES and this is invaluable as my hours of work never close. Thank you for all the support that is at my fingertips. I would not want it any other way. A product I can count on!

Cons:

So many functions on one page that it sometimes loses its value of finding the right page for the right need. Maybe more pages with less on each page would make a person that is just starting out with ADP feel that it is more user friendly product.

Valeria
Manager in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Amazing Sellers but after you sign it is a total mess

Comments: The person who sold this to me was great answering questions and said that he will be my point of contact is I needed anything after I sign up. Well… once the first problem started be disappeared…. And when he dis answer he was mas I reached out. Adp was collecting my state taxes but not sending them to the state, they said I never submitted my documents (which I did) and it was on my to fix it. Price changes without a formal notification.

Pros:

You can run it on an app anywhere you are.

Cons:

The customer service is pretty slow, lots of [sensitive content hidden] and never happened.

Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

ADP Review

Comments: Overall, ADP is a great software. We used it at a prior job for running payroll and it works great. We were able to pull the reports that we needed and run payroll seamlessly. ADP's support staff was very friendly and helpful with any questions that we had.

Pros:

ADP has a lot of good benefits to the user. First off, the user interface is easy to use. It is fairly easy to learn the system and start navigating its menus. Second, the system is very accurate as one would expect. It makes running payroll fairly easy. It allows users to house employee data and then using that data when running payroll.

Cons:

The one con (if you can call it a con) would be that you would have to have some training on how to use the system to get the most benefit out of it. It isn't a system that you can just sit down and play with it for a few hours and be an expert at using it.

Garrett
Garrett
Junior Editor in US
Entertainment, 5,001–10,000 Employees

A few rough edges

Pros:

It's great having a platform to check my daily punches, pay statements, and time off requests. I can always trust that my requests will go where they need to without needing to follow up in a separate email.

Cons:

There have been times where the website has been late recognizing my morning punch in, which has led to some confusion with my manager. Navigation on the mobile app feels a little counter intuitive compared to the main website, namely with pulling up my full time card; it would be great if the Clock page on the app had a shorcut to jump straight to the Time card page so I could easily access the full breakdown of my hours. Also, though this is a small nitpick, the fact that the login page doesn't offer a simple prompt to re-enter your password drives me just a little nuts.

Chad
Director of Human Resouces in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Run will help your small business

Pros:

It is very user friendly. For small business it gets the job done. I would encourage everyone to get their HR support and the legal club. That gets you access to lawyers for a 30 minute consultation and can help you make the right decision for your company. Payroll, taxes, garnishments, and more become very easy to do when you have Run.

Cons:

After you get over 50 people it's limitations start to become apparent. Sometimes the system glitches and a raise you put in doesn't happen on the paycheck. The customer support is often not based in America but it isn't terrible. The worst part about the customer support are they waits, but over the past few months they have gotten shorter.

Jennifer
Human Resources Representative in US

Great human resource management tool.

Pros:

Great human resource management tool that is easy to use. I love that it gives you real-time reports and lets you create reports that are calculated by the time you have been working. It is very convenient that ADP tool is compatible with many other project management tools and can be easily integrated.

Cons:

ADP is a web-based tool with smart time tracking. I wish it could track how many time you have spent on each client with one simple click. The general invoice system is very user-friendly and straightforward however currency change is not an available feature. Detailed visual overviews help plan your time and resources better and offers valuable insights, however the interface is a little boring.

RUN is Awesome!

Comments: As a small business with 3-5 employees, you might not think of ADP RUN, but it's great! I deal with customer service weekly and use the RUN app almost every day. It is an excellent tool for my small business!

Pros:

I have been using RUN since 2009 and what I most like is how user-friendly and easy it is to use as well as providing detailed easy to manage and download reports. Also, RUN provided all the needed records for the cares act(PPP), which was a huge help with the loan process. Lastly, I also frequently use the mobile app, a great feature I do enjoy. Very happy to refer RUN!

Cons:

As of yet, not much! RUN has been a great tool for many years and have not found anything I didn't find helpful.

3 years ago

John, We thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP? and couldn't be happier to hear that our product delivers for you. Adding value through our services and giving you time back into your day through our products is truly what we strive for and we are pleased to hear that has been the experience for you. -Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Richard
President in US
Industrial Automation, 2–10 Employees

Weekly Payroll

Comments: It takes me less than a minute to process my weekly payroll. Very simple to use and with ADP dealing with taxes, a section 125 deduction, and local taxes, it let's me focus on my business.

Pros:

Easy to use. Easy to set up. Reasonable Cost. Handles my federal, state, and local taxes. I can do my payroll from just about anywhere.

Cons:

Could offer the ability to customize reports for accounting. I don't need to integrate the payroll into my G/L, but formatting reports to allow for easier journal entries would be nice.

5 years ago

Richard, Thank you for this stellar review of RUN Powered by ADP?. Hearing that RUN Powered by ADP? puts time back into your day is music to our ears! We strive to provide you with superior tools and support to enable you to plug that time back into what matters most...your employees and your business. RUN Powered by ADP? does provide a Custom Report option and our RUN Service Team would be happy to explore this option with you as it relates to your GL. We look forward to hearing from you! - Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team