• Overall

About Airbase

Manage your entire spend process in one place. Request, pay, and automate your AP accounting with Airbase.

Learn more about Airbase

Jesus D.
General Manager
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2021

"Top Spend Management Software"

Comments: Provides a fast and convenient method to manage expenses and efficiently upload receipts

Pros: Intuitive and easy to integrate. Solid app with intelligent tools to manage expenses

Cons: Virtual cards are only available via the desktop portal. Limited controls on app

• Reviewed on 19/02/2021
Tim D.
Head of Corporate Communications
  • Reviewed on 24/09/2020

"Airbase Allows Your Teams To Move Faster"

Pros: When it comes to making fast payments, Airbase is the best! What I like about Airbase is it gives the end-user financial autonomy while giving the finance team full oversight and control. Everyone wins! If you are in a fast-moving organization with lots of teams working on projects, then I would highly recommend using Airbase. It makes paying vendors a snap while giving your finance team peace of mind.

Cons: None tha I can think of. It's intuitive, easy to use and gives you financial resources in just a few mins.

• Reviewed on 24/09/2020
Alyssa R.
People Ops
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2021

"Airbase has brought our Company to the Next Level"

Comments: - great customer service with highly efficient and secure software for a delightful experience.

Pros: Airbase offers clarity to our finances, the ability to create 1-time use cards for security, safety of finances and ability to see where each dollar goes towards. Airbase offers the ability to upload receipts all in one place in preparation for audits & taxes.

Cons: - nothing at the moment. Everything has been very carefully thought out.

• Reviewed on 16/02/2021
Samaan G.
Service Advisor
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"accounting done the right way"

Comments: i L O V E using AIRBASEEE! and i have told my friends, even other businesses about it

Pros: its virtual card features and being able to pay our vendors on the spot for parts orders and much more
being able to upload invoices with ease for accounting was/is also a plus that i like about this software

Cons: this software is just absolutely amazing, there is nothing i dislike about it

Chuck W.
Insurance, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/05/2019

"Airbase -- Great Spend Management Software -- HDVI Uses It Every Day."

Comments: See above --

Pros: Airbase directly addresses some of the hardest financial management issues facing all companies today -- and HDVI is no exception. With a robust set of features, Airbase manages our spending across all types of purchases -- subscription based, one-time, etc. -- and across all types of payments (ACH, Checks, Credit Cards, etc.) It takes multiple cumbersome processes and consolidates them into streamlined, highly automated workflows -- reducing our work, and increasing our visibility into and control of company spending across the board.

Cons: Initially, Airbase had limited functionality in a few areas. However, it's quickly filled those holes in -- so at this point, it's more than overcome those initial limitations.

• Reviewed on 09/05/2019
Kenny M.
Head of Finance & Operations
  • Reviewed on 03/05/2019

"Airbase makes managing spend a breeze"

Comments: * It's been a life-saver on the finance side. I've been able to automate all of our spend and everything from recurring software to one-off employee requests get routed through Airbase. Really easy to administer and employees needed no training.

Pros: * Helped me streamline the entire spend process at Coda.io - I route most expenses through the platform - everything from software to travel to one-off expenditures.
* Incredibly easy to use - I have never trained an employee on how to use Airbase. They log in, and it's clear what they should do.
* It creates tremendous peace of mind on spend - I don't worry about vendors charging us more than they should, people buying software they don't need, and card numbers getting stolen.
* Visibility - It's easy to know what has already been purchased, who purchased it, and how much are we spending.
* Keeps getting better - Airbase started with just digital credit cards but the tool is quickly replacing all types of spend management software internally.

Cons: * Mobile app still catching up to web app, but moving quickly.
* Manually moving over old spend into Airbase by switching credit cards with vendors was tedious, but a worthwhile one-time investment, and Airbase did a lot to make it as painless as possible (found all the vendors for us that we needed to update)

• Reviewed on 03/05/2019
Steve G.
Head of Customer Ops
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2021

"Great All-around solution"

Pros: Ease of use and overall beautiful UI / UX for a complex product.

Cons: Lack of international payments will be nice at some point. I was excited when they launched employee reimbursements.

• Reviewed on 21/03/2021
Arianna C.
Senior accountant
  • Reviewed on 26/07/2021

"A necessary system for scaling company"

Comments: We added more control to our expenses, more visibility and improvement on the monthly closing timing.

Pros: When a startup goes above 100 people, you need a spend management software. Airbase has tons of features, the implementation is easy and their product team always strive for continuous improvement.

Cons: I think it's on the right path, however some tool for reconciliation is missing when it comes to check that all the prepaid accounts are cleared and booked and that amortization expense is correct.

Megan C.
Marketing and Communication Strategist
Automotive, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/09/2020

"Perfect for Organizations that Need Organization!"

Pros: It is so easy to use and understand. It keeps our company very organized in an aesthetically pleasing way!

Cons: It would be helpful to be able to have 1 card for multiple uses. For example, I need to have 4 Amazon cards because 1 is for the Prime membership, 1 is for employee morale, 1 is for office supplies and 1 is for computer supplies. It would be nice to have just one card instead of 4 for the same vendor.

• Reviewed on 15/09/2020
Sudheendra C.
Product Manager
Internet, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/02/2021

"The easiest way to expense and purchase business software"

Comments: - Expense, approve, invoice cloud software spend
- Audit tracking

Pros: - Easy to use UI and a seamless Okta (SSO) integration
- Service/Item autofill feature
- Ability to generate virtual credit cards and request approvals within minutes

Cons: Nothing I hate, but a few improvements like below would be nice to have:
- Once in a quarter email report would be nice to summarize all "active" purchases/credit cards
- Integration with end-tools (eg., smallpdf) and alerting when the usage drops to downgrade to free plans

Drew S.
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"Hyper-granular control, finally...without being "that account person bugging people""

Pros: - Hyper-granular control of expenses. Instead of managing limits and checking expenses on corporate cards, each approved expense request receives a single virtual credit card number (managed by accounting) for that specific vendor an expense (one-time or recurring)
- Flexible approval workflows

Cons: - Lack of integration with budgeting. Approval workflows should show managers how any discrete approval affects their department budget.

Andy J.
COO
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2021

"Easy tool to simplify and unify multiple tools"

Pros: Airbase has been very useful for my team in terms of consolidating our company cards, bill payments, and expense reports/reimbursements. The support team has also been super responsive and helpful.

Cons: One product nitpick is that I sometimes have a hard time finding certain bills or payments because they filter by state, and I don't know before-hand what state the bill or payment is in.

• Reviewed on 07/05/2021
Sean C.
Sr. Manager - Accounting

"Bill pay only"

Comments: Airbase has been responsive and helpful with all issues we've encountered. It took a decent amount of time to set up bill pay and we've misstated our GL multiple times due to lack of understanding of how the product functions. However, we are happy with the product and have recognized significant efficiencies compared to our historic manual processing.

Pros: This software makes it simple and efficient to aggregate, prepare, review, and pay invoices. It has significantly reduced the time to process AP via its clean workflow and automatic timed payments after approvals are completed.

Cons: There are some idiosyncrasies in this product that take time and effort to understand. Unfortunately, our trial and error learnings have resulted in multiple GL misstatements; one of which resulted in an error identified by auditors. For example, when an invoice gets changed/updated by the Vendor the AP processor has an opportunity to "archive" the bill in Airbase. This action does nothing to your GL so any new invoice will be double-counted.
I also wish there was a way to remind approvers more frequently. Bill are most often late due to delayed approvals.

Cathrine G.
Marketing
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2021

"I’m happy my company switched to Airbase"

Comments: Airbase has made it easier to make vendor purchases and it’s very easy to get reimbursed for things I’ve paid for myself.

Pros: I like that it’s quick to request a purchase from my manager and the dashboard that lets me see different transactions. I get personal expenses reimbursed faster, I can see if a vendor has charged me or not and I can see where I am in regard to budget.

Cons: It was a bit confusing the first time I made a pre-purchase request whether to raise a purchase order or a virtual card, but once my manager explained the difference it made sense.

• Reviewed on 20/07/2021
Lorina P.
Head of Workplace Operations
Real Estate, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/06/2020

"Airbase is the Best Spend Management Tool out there!"

Pros: Most efficient and streamline spend management tool I have ever used! Being able to easily issue vendor specific virtual cards and payments are easy safe and secure.

Cons: There were no blockers or issues with integrating Airbase for our team as administrators and endusers.

• Reviewed on 22/06/2020
Sumeet G.
VP Product
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2020

"Great product for fast growing companies"

Comments: Prior to airbase, I feel like we were running in the dark. Invoices would show up in email, department leaders didn't really have much transparency or control over what was being spent.
With airbase, it's super easy for a dept head (or anyone with a spend budget) to accurately track what's being spent, make sure vendors are paid on time, and ensure that the team's always staying within budget and financial authorization limits.
It's really simplified life, not just for our finance team, but for the entire leadership and brought an amazing degree of financial control - something that was sorely needed for a fast growing startup such as ours.

Pros: Ability to create virtual credit cards per vendor is amazing. It provides such a great degree of control and transparency into our spend, while making our spend reporting so much more accurate.
Also, love the user experience and ease of use.

Cons: Hard to find anything to dislike. I've had a great experience so far.

• Reviewed on 20/07/2020
Diane G.
Head of Operations
  • Reviewed on 05/05/2021

"Easy to use!"

Pros: I love how easy it was to get setup on airbase. I'm able to manage AP with just a few clicks. New features are also regularly being released.

Cons: Nothing so far. I haven't had any problems and support is great when I do have a question.

• Reviewed on 05/05/2021
Taylor F.
Operations & HR Manager
Commercial Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"Most innovative accounting app I've ever used!"

Comments: Airbase is the future of managing payment online. When we are not getting customer service from one of our vendors or a company won't cancel our account, we can just turn off that vendor's credit card number. We are more in control of our dollars.

Pros: I like how Airbase empowers my team to be able to request professional development opportunities right from their Airbase dashboard.

Cons: I don't love that sometimes vendors don't accept the credit card number, but it's not that often that that happens.

Lianna M.
Executive Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

"Expense Management"

Comments: The onboarding process was involved but they dedicated a lot of time to making sure we were set up. Now we're saving so much time with Airbase. It was well worth the time investment.

Pros: We use Airbase for AP and Expense management. It makes reviewing/approving/and paying bills easy. Employees enjoy the freedom of using their virtual cards within the limits set by management and I enjoy that we have oversight into 100% of company spend.

Cons: Airbase was designed for large teams so we don't use all of the features to their fullest extent (soon, though!)

Michaela G.
Ms.
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/04/2021

"easy, fast, effective"

Comments: I love it, it is better than have a physical card.

Pros: Easy way how to distribute money between employees for company expenses

Cons: Some payment gates doesn't accept airbase, that could be improved

• Reviewed on 01/04/2021
Kevin P.
Service Advisor
Automotive, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/03/2021

"End User"

Pros: Ease of use - Credit Card numbers are given quickly and randomly

Cons: Sometimes product is slow to respond and will double load prior to the latest information showing

• Reviewed on 04/03/2021
Julian G.
Program Manager, Culture & Social Impact
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2020

"Really great solution for purchasing!"

Pros: This is the first time I have used a spend management platform like this and it is 100% a game changer. I enjoy how easy it is to set employees up to create virtual credit cards and efficiently take care of expenses with external vendors. Permissions that are set up for each person streamlines the approval process and lets them get their work done quicker. It also easily tracks all of your expenses so that you can reference them at any point. Really grateful that my company uses Airbase!

Cons: No areas of improvement that I can think of at this time.

• Reviewed on 08/09/2020
Head of Finance
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/08/2021

"Airbase total spend management"

Comments: Overall very positive experience with Airbase from the Sales process, to implementation to using in the day to day. We have gone from a manual process for invoices, a corporate card solution, and another tool for expense reimbursements to a single tool to manage all of this and automate our expense accounting.

Pros: Bringing all spend management (Cards, POs/invoicing, vendor management, expense reimbursement) and accounting automation into one easy to use tool. Very easy to implement and set up.

Cons: It does not integrate with Tripactions, but this is a minor complaint.

• Reviewed on 02/08/2021
Josephine P.
Director Finance & Admin
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/02/2021

"Best platform I have signed us up for!"

Comments: Airbase has been a pleasure to work with from the start. Even the sales part didn't feel... well.. salesy!
The onboarding was exceptional. We were assigned an onboarding support specialist who literally walked us through every step of using Airbase over 3-4 training sessions. There wasn't a thing left out and after each session I was sent away with 'homework' to ensure that each stage of setting up Airbase and integrating it with our accounting platform was done correctly.
We have now been using it for about 6 months and the customer service continues to be excellent. Despite the fact that it is a general support request, it is always the same support specialist that returns an answer (and usually within a couple of hours). Our team have all had a really positive response to adopting airbase. It has given them the autonomy to spend as they require, but still kept the ultimate control over spending within our finance function for the organization. Prior to Airbase, we used to spend hours trying to reconcile spending at the end of each month!
It has also meant that we pay our vendors immediately because the process of inputing a bill and making a payment is so quick and easy.

Pros: I love the user experience on this platform. Everything about it is just intuitive and well thought out. It makes processing purchasing requests a really seamless experience and has saved us hours of work at the month end.
Since adopting Airbase as our platform for spend management, we have been able to take everything back in house, have much more control over our spend, receipts and reporting, and have cut our bookkeeping costs by 90%

Cons: I honestly can't think of any downsides to Airbase. Really! It's saved is tons of time, money and headaches.

• Reviewed on 24/02/2021
Chief Operating Officer
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2021

"Enabled us to scale at an early stage"

Pros: The combination of card spend management and AP automation was truly unique. It solved two key problems in one spot creating a consolidated view of all of our spending that allowed us to scale without the need to hire additional headcount.

Cons: Occasionally some of the required steps of a couple workflows feel like a bit cumbersome for a small organization, but, the controls put in place are best practices and I know we will be implementing them soon.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2021