15 years helping Australian businesses

Adobe Workfront Reviews

4.4 (1,432) Write a Review!

About Adobe Workfront

The collaborative work management leader, helping companies plan, execute, and deliver great work and exceptional customer experiences.

Learn more about Adobe Workfront

Pros:

I also really like using their project templates for repeatable workflows. Once a project is set up, it is quite intuitive on how to iterate.

Cons:

There are no tools to further organize projects and tasks further than their due date.

Adobe Workfront ratings

4.1
4.4
4.3
4.2

8.3/10

Adobe Workfront has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 1,432 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Adobe Workfront before?

Filter reviews (1,432)

Faith
Faith
Technician in South Africa
Banking, 1,001–5,000 Employees

It has given us ability to plan, manage, and measure work based on data

Comments: Sharing of projects is now easy and every member of the team has up to date data on project progress. Moreover, executives look for loopholes to help in easily and monitor progress.

Pros:

It has given us ability to plan, manage, and measure work based on data which helps organization executives to monitor work in real-time using the data. The most important thing is that their support team worked with us from the beginning to create a platform that best fits our job environment. Now we can easily work in teams as we are able to plan, create and share tasks and projects within the platform and most importantly Workfront was integrated with the softwares that we use on a daily basis. Another benefit is that they offer a free trial for an organization.

Cons:

The vendor support team took a little bit longer in creating the Workfront platform that could best match our needs but in all it was a success and now we are good.

Shayla
Shayla
Human Resources Specialist in US
Internet, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Workfront simplifies project and job routing

Comments: I use Workfront on a daily basis, for the better part of each day. When I submit proofs to clients, they have the option to read the proof, make any comments or suggestions they have, or decide whether or not the proof should be authorized. The tools that are located at the top of the page may be used by the customer with ease to highlight or point to what they want altered.

Pros:

I enjoy that the dashboard makes it simple to view the tasks on which I have been tasked to work as well as the due dates for those projects. I am able to view the approvals that are waiting, as well as my to-do list, which helps me keep my job on track.

Cons:

The calendar function on their website is not to my liking. It does not function very well, and it makes it tough to view your projects within a monthly timeline, which is something that is incredibly crucial for a content team to achieve.

Derek
President in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Great Product

5.0 last month New

Pros:

We have been using Adobe Workfront for the past year and it is an amazing product and i highly recommend it to anywone looking for a digital collaboration software program that empowers your teams. We are in the nonprofit sector and the tools it provides helps our teamto plan, execute, and monitor projects in real-time.

Cons:

The only downside is the having to pay for it as we are a small nonprofit, but we believe it is well worth it .

Higher Education, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Frustrating Software That You Have to Bend to Your Needs

Comments: Workfront was designed to allow us to track time and build support queues. The goal was to have one system that could be modified to many different teams.

Pros:

The time tracking functionality is really good. It breaks out time by day and by project / task. It's easy to generate reports based on the breakdown, not only for personal use but also for management.

Cons:

The software is so incredibly frustrating. it is powerful, but only if you're really willing to sit with it and forecefully bend it to your needs. Some of the decisions they made in software design and logic, literally make no sense. some things are intuitive, and then other things aren't intuitive at all. I think for me the biggest issue is lack of consistency with ease of use and the product itself. It also gets confusing with the different levels and their hierarchical order, which I think even they get lost in sometimes themselves. There is a community of users, and I will say that the official help documentation has improved greatly over the past few years. But a lot of it was trial and error. The only reason I was involved is because higher management had made the decision to use this product without really considering the users and the rollout team.

Lindsey Raye
Lindsey Raye
Email Marketing Manager in US
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees

Adobe Workfront is Great, just needs constant updates

Pros:

Managing multiple business lines with ability to manage and tag departments if I needed creative or mark test completed

Cons:

There were a lot of redundant pages that seems to need to be merged or closed

Margaret
Margaret
Software Developer in US
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Workfront helps us make projects more efficient

Comments: We can quickly and easily generate reports that are informative and easy to read thanks to the reporting tools. Workfront is a crucial component of our company's workflow, and it comes with outstanding support from knowledgeable experts whenever we have questions or concerns.

Pros:

We really like how Workfront simplifies project creation because to its intuitive UI, portability across platforms, and task-setting flexibility. It automatically refreshes all of the data, so we can view the most recent updates to team projects at any moment.

Cons:

Sometimes Workfront's capabilities fall short of what I need, and that makes me frustrated. As an added complication, overlapping task deadlines might make it look like a project is falling behind schedule when, in reality, it is just running a little behind schedule.

Christian
Christian
Human Resources Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A fantastic tool to maximize the success of projects

Comments: In order to save time and cut down on mistakes, we have developed our own workflows, implemented reminders, and totally automated repetitive chores. We have achieved greater productivity and a more solid foundation for our performance processes.

Pros:

I love using the software because it makes me feel like my projects are well-organized. From project inception and job allocation to status monitoring and team communication, Workfront equips us with the tools we need for successful project management.

Cons:

The client interface and Workfront's forms are a bit complicated, which may make it difficult to use effectively. Problems with computer programs are possible, and if they aren't fixed, they could lead to further complications or poor decision-making down the road.

Operations Manager in UK
Banking, 10,000+ Employees

A Valuable tool

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Really helped with collaboration and workflow management.

Cons:

Our experience has been hugely positive to date

Mihaly
Manger team in Romania
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Adobe exactly want that you need

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: my overall experience with adobe work front was ok

Pros:

I liked the way he planned the project with this grade 10 program

Cons:

There is nothing I can say that I didn't like, it's ok from all points of view

Owner in US
Retail, Self Employed

Adobe Workfront? YES PLEASE!

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I love Adobe work and grades with Adobe creative cloud and makes everything so much easier and everything runs so much

Cons:

I have not gone back word to say about Adobe Workfront. It has help through so much of my business start up.

Heather
Marketing Specialist in US
Environmental Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Workfront

Comments: Workfront is our go-to. We have someone needing something we send them to submit their need through Workfront. IF someone needs to review or approval something, we send it through Workfront. That way we have a trail of information of why we did the things we did or went with the project(s). Its the paper trail. It also took us from having 2-3 hour long status meetings every week to one 30 minute meeting sometimes every week or so. We can summarize much better than running through a multiple page document spreadsheet. It has saved us time and sanity.

Pros:

I am able to add all my projects and tasks into one location so that my team is aware of what I am working on and my clients can see where their project stands. This is very helpful in case something happens, we often say, if we get hit by "the bus" someone will know where my project is and what to do next.

Cons:

It was a rough start. The account rep(s) that we have had were not very good at making sure we were happy as a customer or if we had a need. Since we got our remote system admin, it has been amazing. We love our rep!

Gaurav
Senior Web Analyst in US
Food & Beverages, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Project Management made easy

Comments: After using Workfront, I was able to focus on completing my analytics projects in time and reduced time wasting in finding what my tasks were by searching for emails where tasks were originally requested. I was able to successfully document progress I made on various marketing projects and review it with my manager. So, avoided wastage of time and paper when reviewing progress of my work. This reporting capability of Workfront also helped my manager provide budget and resources support, when needed.

Pros:

I use Workfront software to manage my analytics workflow which is part of the larger marketing campaign projects. My favorite feature of Workfront is its ability to search all projects by specific keywords such as name of vendor, product or brand which my marketing team is trying to promote. And, the feature of summarizing all the projects in one page with my name assigned to them. So, I can quickly find a project I need to work on as well as prioritize it. I also like the feature of getting an update in my email that a new project has been assigned to me by my marketing team, so I know I need to start working on a new project. Support is great. All these features make me more productive in my role of a web analyst.

Cons:

Workfront interface is not very user friendly so it takes time for a newbie to first train on it before adopting it. The scale of project completion from 0% to 100% is not very accurate because I had to leave it on 0% for some of my projects for me to know that those projects are not complete before moving on to the next set of new projects. I was unable to print the milestone report so I could share it with executives. I also struggled with the limited ability to globalize the comments, so I was having a tough time tracking a conversation.

Michel
VP Projets in UK
E-Learning, 51–200 Employees

WF Review - great

Comments: PMO, managing hours and expenses on projects and a way to centrally have the information

Pros:

Integrated solution, simplicity for basic user, support

Cons:

Test mode, so difficult and not for eveyone, so if you want to bring the solution further is is challenging

Dave
Technical Training Manager in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,000+ Employees

Solid program for improving your workflow

Comments: Powerful tool in helping control, organize and direct project management. Good for identifying all the tasks involved with a particular project, and assigning responsibilities as to who does what and when.

Pros:

Workfront is pretty straightforward and easy to use once you get in there and play around with it a bit. It's well-built and powerful in helping you manage all aspects and tasks involved in a project of any size. Like with many software programs, it takes a bit of orientation to figure it all out, but once done...it's a very helpful and beneficial tool to use.

Cons:

Like with many software programs, it's not super-intuitive when trying to use it "out of the box". Training and tutorials are certainly available, but at least my experience for our team's approach was more of a "jump in and start using" approach, and that can get a bit tricky since not always obvious where to go to find what.

Andrew
Project Manager in US
Internet, 51–200 Employees

Sys Admin User

Comments: We use the tool to manage all website development projects (tasks, assignments, schedule, LOE, performance reporting, team management, etc.) time logging, Agile burndown, Kanban, employee tracking, and billing; pretty much every aspect of our business.

Pros:

-The ability to customize the software to fit within your business operations. It's not a one size fits all where you have to modify company operations to fit within like other PM software. -The reporting functionality and the ability to build custom reports -Once you learn how to use it and get to know the intricacies, textmode is AMAZING! It allows you to build very custom reports, templates, fields, calculations, etc. to meet the needs of your business. -The support team is great! Having a dedicated support contact with standing weekly 30-minute meetings has been very helpful. Additionally, the "consulting hours" come in very handy when there are items that myself or other system experts within my company can't figure out because they are able to use their knowledge and expertise to get us what we need.

Cons:

-We submit enhancement ideas or tickets to the product team and feel like they always just get lost in the shuffle. There are a lot of things that we could use but I guess other companies or Workfront don't see the value so our ideas are very slow to be added to their Product Roadmap or come to market. -It's not the cheapest on the market, that's for sure. -There is somewhat of a learning curve for new employees at my company trying to learn the software just because it is SO powerful. -There could be better integrations, specifically with Git.

Kristen
Kristen
Delight Marketing Manager in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Adobe Workfront's online proofing tools have forever changed how our company collaborates!

Comments: Our experience with the online proofing tools provided by Adobe Workfront has been life changing. We had previously used an Adobe proofing application that required a proof to be uploaded to our internal servers, which are only accessible if the team member is on-site or logged into VPN through their computer. Now, with an easy-to-train online proofing tool, team members can review collateral wherever they are.

Pros:

The online proofing tools provided by Adobe Workfront have effectively changed our cross-departmental collaboration. These tools provide an easy way to organize, moderate, and gather feedback from multiple sources throughout a project. Our reviews are no longer limited to an in-house server—these tools have provided us the capability to gather feedback securely through a browser. The reviewer can quickly mark up copy, imagery, or other content within a proof and submit changes as comments, which then can be assigned as an action to our design or web teams to implement. Each proof can be assigned a deadline, and the proof automatically sends a reminder to reviewers if they have not yet submitted feedback a couple hours prior to the set deadline. This feature alone lightens the lift of project management considerably! Plus, the proofing tool is so easy to train and new team members are using the tool within 30 minutes of being introduced.

Cons:

The mobile and tablet versions of the online proofing tools leave much to be desired. Commenting is near impossible since the comment box takes up half of the screen, and markups are not easy to locate. We are hoping that they improve these versions since many of our employees work remotely and are often traveling with access to a smartphone or tablet and not necessarily a computer. In addition, the dashboard where management of all proofs takes place is not customizable. It reports recent proofs for all users, then provides a status update graphic for proofs that you yourself have deployed. If this could be customized to show proofs for a particular department, campaign, or project, that would be immensely helpful.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Retail Card Account Manager in US
Financial Services

Workfront makes managing projects easy with strong training, support and reporting features.

Comments: It helps us save time when it comes to resource allocation and time management. The reporting features helps upper-management better understand what we are doing and how much time it takes to do it. I love how they are constantly pushing updates that help improve the tool based on user feedback.

Pros:

I have been a Workfront user for a few years now and am a big proponent of this project management tool for several reasons. 1) I find it very intuitive for users to use 2) It is easily customized based on the needs of your users 3) The reporting feature is worth the price of admission itself 4) Their support team is quick to respond and the self-help area is robust so you can find an answer to any question you may come across 5) Workfront offers a comprehensive training tool that covers several types and levels of training for users at all levels including frequent live trainings 6) The Community area is a great place to share ideas and ask for help from other users 7) They are constantly making updates and improvements to the tool 8) The Workfront Proof viewer is a great feature for those who want to markup and share creative within a project. We looked at several solutions and I'd say that Workfront was by far the best option for our internal creative agency.

Cons:

Setting up can be time consuming if you don't already have a process in place. Do your homework and dedicate the time to do it right before launch or else user adoption can be difficult. Plan on user adoption to be your biggest hurdle as people are uncomfortable with change. Make the Workfront trainings mandatory before use.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 10,000+ Employees

Complete and powerful PM information system with some areas to improve

Comments: Working in an in-house marketing department, we have been using Workfront for three years to manage our projects and operations. We need overall visibility on all the activities of our department, plus a powerful collaboration platform.
Our main aim using Workfront is to manage the capacity vs workload of our department and to be able to forecast the demand.
Workfront is fulfilling our basic needs, but we feel that there is a lack of ability to create clear dashboards or to have a better visibility of critical task between multiple projects at the same time (which happens when several campaigns overlap).
There are other points to improve (see Cons below), but it seems that folks at Workfront are committed to improve those areas and correct the product weaknesses.

Pros:

Logging hours is not painful (as it actually sounds), there are several choices to input them and it’s quite easy to get used to the habit. The collaboration features are very good: comments, sharing if documents, approvals... Work requests via assignments are clear and provide accountability. Integrated document proofing and versioning is a must for any creative department and this one works really well. Workfront support is quick and responses are elaborated, always providing a workaround if there isn't a functionality to match your need.

Cons:

Reporting is a bit limited; while basic reporting is completely fulfilled and you can present the information in clear graphs, when you try to create complex relations (historic vs forecast, capacity vs demand) things get more complicated, there are limitations and you need workarounds to obtain the desired (or closest to the desired) information. Sharing of information is cumbersome; although you can send automatic reports by email, it's difficult to distribute more elaborated pieces of information. Resource management is limited; there are tools in the system, but they are not intuitive and are a legacy of previous versions of the system. Learning curve is steep, it doesn't take much time to get familiarised with the common request-collaborate actions (which most of the users will do), but it needs much time and training to carry out actual project management processes within the system.

Sher Mohammed
Camp Boss in United Arab Emirates
Automotive, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Adobe Workfront

Comments: The general involvement in Adobe Workfront is by and large sure. Clients value the stage's vigorous venture and the executive's highlights, including task following, asset the board, and coordinated effort apparatuses. The capacity to modify work processes and incorporate task-related exercises is many times seen as a significant advantage. While there might be an expectation to learn and adapt related to the stage, we view it as a significant instrument for smoothing out the project and the executive's processes and improving group efficiency.

Pros:

One perspective that clients frequently value about Adobe Workfront is its complete arrangement of elements for the project the executives. Clients find the stage powerful and flexible, offering functionalities, for example, task following, asset the executives, joint effort instruments, and adjustable work processes. The capacity to smooth out and unify project-related exercises in a solitary stage is much of the time commended as a significant benefit of Adobe Workfront.

Cons:

An expected disadvantage of Adobe Workfront is the expectation to learn and adapt related to the stage. Because of its broad list of capabilities and customization choices, it might require some investment for clients to actually completely get a handle on and use every one of the functionalities. Moreover, a few clients have referenced that the evaluating design of Adobe Workfront can be a piece complex, contingent upon the particular necessities and prerequisites of an association.

Rebecca
Founder + CEO in US
Events Services, 11–50 Employees

Planning software that helps us get the job done

Comments: A great tool, I love the ease of use and the time it has saved my team!

Pros:

We have produced hundreds of events and this software is essential to keeping us on time and on budget. The entire company uses it for everything from resource planning, event workflows and automated approvals, to our company-wide operations calendar and staffing. Being able to create customized dashboards to track, in real time, the progress of all of our ongoing projects has led to increased collaboration across our teams and given us time back to focus on our clients. I like the streamlined document proofing capabilities which allows us to eliminate major bottlenecks and reduce unnecessary paper – it all lives in the platform! Every event is different, and the nimble functionality of the platform allows an adaptable environment for our clients while still tracking the necessary metrics of success. The reporting capabilities is terrific, very robust, and most importantly, easy to use. It has everything we need, and even things we didn't know we needed!

Cons:

Because the platform is so robust there is a healthy learning curve for new employees, dedication to training and maintenance across the full company is needed for successful adoption.

Christopher
Marketing Automation Specialist in US
Insurance, 10,000+ Employees

Workfront for Managing Your Work on the Front End

Comments: Overall I liked it but sometimes it couldn't solve every need if its internal communication within your immediate team. If its used internally for collaborating with different departments then its more useful, especially on projects you are working on together.

Pros:

This software is great for managing the status and development when assigned a particular task, assignment or project. Especially if the project has multiple contingencies and dependencies to show what is down and how long including the slack line and critical path. Project Managers please pay attention, this can be of immediate value to you for projects that have a huge break down of the separate tasks and the time frame for each. If you are not in project management and still find value in managing your subordinates workload through a high level view then this tool delivers on that front. It can be easy to see where each assignment is at during the duration of the process.

Cons:

The biggest con is how the software can be setup. In my experience, sometimes its easy to use and more fluid and other times it has multiple extra steps added for all parties involved which increases the time it takes to get anything done and is a real pain to navigate and ensure any updates made to everyone who needs to see it does. Which requires more technical nuances which is highly unnecessary.

Agneta
Senior Project Manager in UK
Financial Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

From a constant stream of chaotic, seemingly unstructured requests to a streamlined intake of work.

Comments: Having a singe route for the marketing operations team (our internal agency) to take in work has created more structured, more consistent intake so work can be assessed more easily. It has completely stopped requests getting stuck in peoples email inboxes or sent to the wrong person. We now also have greater visibility of projects and requests. Can asses the type and volume of work so we can schedule resources easier and plan for future recruitment better.

Pros:

It has broad functionality and follow typical project management flows and tools such as agile and different project views. It is rich enough to run complex projects and you can simplify it to make it easier to use for users that have no or limited project management experience. The system administrator can do most, if not all, configuration so you keep control of the system in-house without needing consultancy. I particularly like that you can report on all fields in the system, even against custom forms, so if you have a non-standard project need you can report on it.

Cons:

Out of the box there are no templates or workflows, which means you start from scratch. There would be nice to have had some basic flows to start with. Some of my colleagues in the marketing team found the broad functionality, needing to access different screens to do different work, quite intimidating. This can be solved with custom dashboards, but as a project management tool designed for marketers (who don't usually have project management training) having an out of the box 'simplified view' would be good.

Entertainment, 10,000+ Employees

Strong Project Delegation Site with Some Room to Improve

Comments: This replaced a previous program for task and artwork sharing purposes, pertaining to projects and collections. Once a master user customizes your dashboard, it is easy to see all of your projects in one place without digging through thousands of unrelated projects from other departments. (Make sure to pin your custom dashboard before you click away.) I like that this shows a percentage for each task and how far along the project is. People are then asked to take responsibility for their tasks and have to change the status to 100% to progress the project to Finished. There's no confusion with edits to artwork – you can compare past versions without flipping to another tab. It's easy to make comments on the artwork so the respective teammate can make note of the changes for the next version.

Pros:

Clear percentage gauge for project that changes as tasks are completed by team members. Customizable dashboards for each user or department to allow them to view what they need to see and work on, versus sifting through all the projects manually. Can share and upload files easily, including multiple versions. If sharing artwork, you can share many versions and updated files, with the option to compare past iterations side-by-side. Any edits needed for artwork files can be highlighted with lines that point to the area in question, which creates a little bubble that links to the sidebar with a comment from a teammate.

Cons:

An admin for the site/master user needs to help with customizing the dashboards for new users. Master user has to grant/create special team groups/distribution so everyone on the team can see the project and receive updates. To clear notifications, one has to manually check that they've read all of them, or click through each link one by one.

Powerful PPM cloud-based tool

Comments: Data! It provides the ability to capture so much data and then visualize it via report that it changed our organizational culture from rear facing to forward facing. We now make decisions that can impact future outcomes opposed to reviewing what happened last quarter, which we have no control over now.

Pros:

It is a really cool tool. There are many features and so much functionality available. The best thing is the ability to collaborate within the system. Using static project management tools like project can cause issue with static information or mulitple versions of a plan floating about, but with a tool like this one, you have real-time project data. You also have the ability to capture custom data and the best feature is the ability to report on this data real-time.

Cons:

There are a lot of features, functionality and configuration in this software. It provides solutions to so many problems and provides value, but you MUST have super users and sys admins to help maintain support and user adoption. This is not something that is easily onboarded in a day or two. It will take careful and thoughtful planning to configure, onboard, train and then support.

Marketing Operations Specialist in US
Financial Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Couldn't Do My Job Without It

Comments: We are solving lack of visibility into the work that hits our team, we also are using Workfront to demonstrate where we are lacking capacity to complete tasks and to collaborate on proofs in one place vs. having a million emails and different sign-offs where people can't see what others have already commented or signed off on.

Pros:

Allows me to manage 100's of tasks assigned to me, enter time I spend on those task, assign to and collaborate with others all within one tool without having to keep tons of email chains, and allows me to easily demonstrate to management what it is I am working on, how long I spend on it, and introduce opportunities to improve upon the data/processes that we are capturing in Workfront.

Cons:

Can be hard to teach others to use it because there are many ways of doing the same thing, it's customizable but I think there are some aspects that are surprisingly not customizable that a lot of other businesses would use, and I would really like a way to create object that aren't as big as projects but require a little more effort than Tasks. It's also hard to report comprehensively on tasks and projects if your team has a healthy mix of both.