15 years helping Australian businesses

About Circula

Circula is the first all-in-one app, that combines expenses, travel expenses, credit cards and employee benefits in Europe.

Learn more about Circula

Pros:

Faster approval whenever I upload my receipt and editing options.

Cons:

Sometimes the automated features (i e calculating distance) give wrong results, so you need to double check from time to time.

Circula ratings

4.6
4.6
4.5
4.5

8.4/10

Circula has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 476 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Circula before?

Olivia
Olivia
Head of Online Marketing in Germany
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Excellent experience from a user perspective

Comments: Thanks to Circula I no longer need to run around with the physical copies of my receipts, and submit them both manually and electronically! I have one, centralized source where I can view and organize all of my expenses. Plus, the design of the app is streamlined, modern and fresh, which is unusual for financial-related apps.

Pros:

I use Circula regularly to claim my expenses, and the whole process, from scanning the receipt to submitting my data, is always seamless.

Cons:

If I had to single out a point of improvement, I would love to receive notifications in the app once my expenses are approved, that way I don't have to check in. Other than that, none so far.

5 years ago

Hello Olivia, Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you like our product. The feedback on receiving notifications once expenses are approved are already on the product feature board and we're working towards it. To receive updates on more features and learn more about Circula, subscribe to our newsletter here www.circula.com [at the bottom-right of the page] If you have any more questions our support team is more than happy to answer them for you!

Katja
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51–200 Employees

Easy and smooth useabilty

5.0 last month New

Comments: I really like it, because the app is so easy to use and you cannot lose parking tickets anymore.

Pros:

The app is so easy to use! You can simly manage your trip and expenses even international. It automatically calculates everything you just have to insert the adress and the duration of your travel.

Cons:

Scanning invoices, the app sometimes doesnt transfer all information. And scanning invoices in different currencies, the exchange rates differ often. Here it would be good to be able to adjust the cost and to be able to add fees.

Francesco
AML Analyst in Germany
Financial Services, 501–1,000 Employees

A great team-mate for employee benefits

Pros:

Easy usage with the phone. Application easy to understand how it works.

Cons:

Maybe the problem is my old phone but sometimes the receipts uploaded loose lot of quality.

Adil
Investment Manager in Germany
Banking, 11–50 Employees

High efficiency

Comments: First we were very concerned about setting-up a new tool, but very positive suprised.

Pros:

Easy usage, very simple in the process and keeping the overview of costs.

Cons:

There is nothing which we like least, the overall experience is very positive.

Hanieh
Online Marketing Management in Germany
Telecommunications, 51–200 Employees

Easy to use

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Fast and simple using. Not conplicated app

Cons:

Everything is fine. No Extras needed. Overall good

Merja
Event Sponsoring in Germany
Retail, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Easy Tool for expenses!

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

The tool is very easy to use and straigtforward. I don't use it regularly, but every time I do, I don't need a lot of time to add an expense.

Cons:

Nothing really that I do not like about Circula

Sinah
LOFT Expert in Germany
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Very good Tool

Pros:

Simplicity of the application and usage for during travels

Cons:

Nothing so far, it actually totally fits my needs

Marwa
Charter sales manager in Germany
Airlines/Aviation, 51–200 Employees

Circula is the best

5.0 last month New

Pros:

it makes my life easy :) i just have to enter all information edit upload bills and thats it

Cons:

I find Circula as a whole product system amaying

Lennart
Manager in Germany
Banking, 51–200 Employees

Nice tool and easy to use

4.0 last month New

Comments: Great usability and really simple tool..

Pros:

cicrula is really easy to use. Especially the mobile app is good.

Cons:

hand in documents via e-mail only as pdf

Suresh
Reserach Associate in Germany
Research, 501–1,000 Employees

Easy to report Expences

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Ease of use. functinality and custumer support reagrding teh setupa nd porblems

Cons:

It woulfd be better to update the suer rwgarding teh status of the processing expenses regularly

Matteo
Data Manager in Germany
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

No frill, easy-to-use expense management system

Comments: Circula strives to make expense report quick, simple and efficient and mostly succeeds. It is very useful for German companies (and their employees) as it seamlessly takes into account some idiosyncrasies of the German system, such as the per diem calculation. However, I feel some aspects are not as well polished as they could be, and the app "scan receipt" function needs improvement.

Pros:

• Circula is no-frills: simple, essential, almost zen-like interface that makes it easy to accomplish the most frequent and important tasks. • Excellent integration with the German expense management system: correct calculation of the per diem is a big plus compared to most competitors. • The app "scan receipt" function is very convenient and allows one to start doing expenses while on the go.

Cons:

Some aspects of Circula are still not well polished: • The app "scan receipt" seem to work very rarely on automatic mode. It ends up being an annoyance and I found it more convenient and faster to just switch to manual mode and edit/annotate my picture as needed. • Some inconsistencies between the desktop and app version: for example, why is the "receipt storage" only accessible from the app? I would like to be able to access it and e.g. delete useless items also from the desktop. • Rules/constraints are enforced very strictly. For example, the system will simply not allow you to upload an expense indicating a date in the future. As a matter of fact, it would be often very useful to start sorting out expenses in advance, for example uploading in Circula plane or train tickets that have been purchased for a scheduled trip. A future/invalid date could give an error flag or prevent submission, but one should still be allowed to file it.

5 years ago

Hello Matteo, Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you like our product. Your feedback has been forwarded to the product team. If you have any questions our support team is more than happy to answer them for you!

Kersten
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51–200 Employees

Review of a user for own and others travel expenses

Comments: Very good. Never had a more friendly tool. Easy to use, fast to use and the process hoe to put in the expenses is bullet proof.

Pros:

It is easy to use. In Browser and also as on in the app. Creating a photo of receipts works very well, incl. snipping the picture makes the check process also very friendly

Cons:

the Circula analizes of receits sometimes does not work. Works good but not perfect

Banking, 1,001–5,000 Employees

An amazing tool I would like to recommend

Comments: I integrated with Circula a paperless process for the reimbursements for employees. During the implementation the Circula employees were very patient and answered every question I had.

Pros:

I like the Circula employees most about the software: The customer service of Circula replies very fast and in a very friendly and professional way. The Circula Team is very open if we suggest product improvements or if we have special requests.

Cons:

There is no API with our accounting system and with our personnel system. We work with Excel export and imports.

5 years ago

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. We offer a DATEV import which is used by majority of the companies. Write to us and let us know what accounting systems that is in use so we can build a connection if it doesn't already exist. If you have any questions or facing any issues our support team is more than happy to answer them for you!

Lidija
Specialist Recruiting & HR in Germany
Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

Simple use for daily benefits

Comments: I use it on a daily basis, it is very simple through the mobile app and that is for me the main advantage.

Pros:

I like that it is very user friendly and intuitive. Using it on a daily basis for the daily meal benefit it really makes a difference by being so simple to use.It is also great that it keeps your past inputs, so if you are for example entering an expenditure, it offers some of the previously entered data - this way you can simply choose an them instead of typing everything all over again.

Cons:

There is no con that comes to my mind. So far the used features worked very well for me.

asad
Data Analyst in Germany
Chemicals, 51–200 Employees

Game Changing Expense Management Solution

Comments: Amazing and really time saving. The receipt storage is a great feature.

Pros:

The upload functionality in the mobile application.

Cons:

The user interface used to be a bit confusing.

Flavja
AML Analyst in Germany
Banking, 501–1,000 Employees

Excellent

Comments: Excellent

Pros:

Very user friendly and ease of use, fast and good notification system when the payment are on their way.

Andreas
Senior Immobilienmakler in Germany
Real Estate, 501–1,000 Employees

Helpful program

Comments: I like working with circula - all good.

Pros:

Easy handling, I do not have to keep the receipts - great!

Cons:

I really cannot say anything bad about the product. It's really all good.

Dusica
Communication and Dissemination Manager in Germany
Research, 51–200 Employees

Makes receipt handling and management of travel expenses so easy

Comments: Very positive. At the beginning I was a bit intimidated to handle everything in a digitalised form but I learned to love it so fast. It is very simple, easy to handle and provides a perfect overview of the status.

Pros:

I love the easy features to combine many receipts like hotel, flight, food under one event or trip and being able to assign them to specific projects. Also the monitoring process of approval is very simple and nice through status updates and notifications

Cons:

there is actually no negative aspect so far

Linjie
Financial Accountant in Germany
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11–50 Employees

Easy for users but not pratical for approvers

Pros:

Easy for users to upload the invoice and for approvers to check the expense

Cons:

There are many line managers who must approve the costs. Every user has an additional cost for the company. It is not practical. Every line manager can see the application of other departments. No secret for own department.

Lucía
Operations and Marketing Specialist in Spain
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

We found the solution to our problem

Comments: As a start-up we were seeking to improve and automate internal procedures such as expense management. We found Circula to do exactly that for us: through an easy to use interface our employees are able to report daily expenses (i.e., lunch with a clients) to department related expenses (i.e., marketing campaign cost). Our operations team is then able to download and work the data.

Pros:

We had a fast and easy implementation process. Circula is easy to use, the customer care team is excellent and always find a solution to our requests and all in all, we found a solution to our need to implement an efficient expense management process.

Cons:

We have been using it for roughly five months and we didn't find any cons

Karl-Fredrik
Marketing Manager in Germany
Internet, 11–50 Employees

Great tool for all your expenses

Comments: We use it company-wide for all our expense management. I think everybody enjoys the app and the ease of use for everybody.

Pros:

All in one software for your expenses. I was super surprised about how easy it was to submit everything. Just quickly take an image and you're done

Cons:

Nothing comes to mind right now. Perhaps it would be worthwhile to make the app available in all country app stores, as that would make it easier for people with different apple ids

5 years ago

Hello Karl, Thank you for your feedback. Your feedback has been forwarded to the product team. If you have any questions our support team is more than happy to answer them for you!

Selman
software engineer in Türkiye
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

Good product

Comments: In overall it is easy to use and i can upload my many expenses in couple minutes.

Pros:

It is easy to upload documents and submit them

Cons:

sometimes auto detecting expense amount from document is wrong. for example I uploaded xx SAR expense, and app thought it was xx dollars.

Sven
Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

Great Tool which makes the consultant life easier

Pros:

Easy to use, logical features and great mobile version.

Cons:

Processing from entering travel expenses (amount) to date it’s not possible to slide the keyboard down without entering (and deleting if the amount got recognized correctly) a number

Max
Senior Cloud Consultant in Germany
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Great tool for tracking expensive

Pros:

As a user, it is pretty straightforward to upload and group together receipts for specific events and submit them for review. The process in the background does also work pretty efficiently, as it only takes a couple of days for expenses to be reimbursed. In case anything fails, it is easy to determine the root cause

Cons:

The automatic receipt scanning is pretty annoying sometimes and I have sometimes accidently submitted a folder with expenses before it was ready due to the button being to prominent. Other than these small issues, everything works great

Alena
Senior Account Manager in Germany
Banking, 501–1,000 Employees

Very satisfied

Pros:

It’s self-explanatory user experience. Small number of clicks to submit benefits.

Cons:

I don’t know at which stage the approval process of my expenses is, so I don’t know with whom to follow up