• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.1 /5

About Kartra

The Ridiculously Easy Way To Build Your Entire Online Business Fast (Without Hiring Developers, Web Designers, or Systems Integrators)

Learn more about Kartra

Alexandre S.
Entrepreneur

"Good!"

Comments: It's a great tool, definitely, made by marketers for marketers. The all in one is great but it has the defauts of its qualities:
overall the whole machine may tend to be slow and many operations and clicks and options are mandatory to do s single task.

Pros: The all in one thing.
Not easy to get used to the tool but the more I practice and discover new features, the more I like it.
The support is very good, although sometimes answers may be a bit generic (copy/paste templates).

Cons: Something that is really annoying:
you cannot jump from one section to another. Instead, you have to go through every section in order to reach one you want.
i.e: I'm into a product creation. I'm at the first section and I want to only configure the Affiliates section. Icannot reach it by clicking on it. I have to go through each section and click save and next every time. This is the same for emails, or forms… That's a waste of time.
Can you do something about it?!

Brittany D.
  • Reviewed on 09/04/2020

"Kartra is a life saver!!"

Pros: I absolutely love the fact that almost everything is in one place. I moved from 5 different software tools into Kartra and was able to save myself $250 per month in software but then probably another 20 hours of time trying to connect all the tools together to work. Now I have 1 place to go and I can build the tech pieces of a simple funnel in under an hour!!

Cons: The builders within the software are not the greatest. I feel that they are slow and clunky. There needs to be a way to save your brand/style guidelines so that you do not have to change the font and color on EVERY SINGLE thing. When you copy and paste text into the page or email builder, it should use the same font that was saved in the template. The Course/membership builder is the same. I would also love it if the CRM function had a place to create follow up tasks that created a task list. I do online marketing but I also do consulting and I have to use another CRM to track those leads because there is not a way for me to set a follow up with a lead in Kartra. Overall I absolutely love Kartra and I am hoping that these things are updated as soon as possible so that I can love it even more!

Croix S.
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/04/2020

"Great for small and simple businesses but ..."

Comments: Great platform as compared to others especially for small businesses. Kartra is great for the starter businesses and people needing an all-in-one platform. But it is not robust enough for big players to stay exclusively within the platform and will need to integrate with other apps and platforms. But this is typical for high traffic businesses. Still love Kartra after 2 years and hope they get their quirks sorted out and add a real customer service live chat support. That said, now we only use it as a website/landing page builder and for our membership site. For our business and funnel work properly and be more cost effective, we also integrate a different CRM, customer support app, video hosting and payment platform. I've talked to some big player friends with lots of traffic who are also Kartra users and they confirm the same. Love it, but there are glitches and it is expensive for high traffic and sales. We will stay with Kartra for the foreseeable future. We almost switched but nobody has a perfect solution for a high traffic online business. After seeking better options, I found that Kartra is still the best if you don't want to hire a tech team. We can do everything ourselves. Kartra, please add a live tech support system. At least during business hours.

Pros: I love the all-in-one concept. The idea is brilliant and the features are great and the integration is awesome for a basic user and small business. You can do most everything you need right within the platform. Funnels, sales, beautiful websites, incredible landing pages, memberships sites, shopping cart and fully integrate a complete website and sales from start to finish with lots of great analytics. Its the best all-in-one solution out there right now. Its an important part of our business but it is not robust enough for online businesses with lots fo traffic and sales.

Cons: Glitches and cost prohibitive for big businesses. COST: We drive too much traffic and sales to use the all-in-one concept for us. So we use other platforms to host our videos, CRM, customer support, and payments. We use Kartra for websites, landing pages and memberships. Using this multi platform approach we save money and have a more stable online business and funnel. PROBLEMS:
We have had glitches in customer emails being black list after purchase and so they don't receive the welcome email and login to the membership. And we have random password issues for the membership.
This means we have had to create redundancies and a robust customer support system to minimize refunds and complaints. CUSTOMER SUPPORT: While better recently, it still is horrible often taking a day to respond to ask questions and then an additional day to reply with an answer that is often not helpful. Most I trouble shoot myself now. Or I use a work around and that is why we integrate with other platforms. Support tickets only for a digital tech platform like Kartra is frustrating, costing us money when there are issues. USABILITY: Overall very good. I wish they would fix the step-by-step procedure and allow jumping to the section you need. There are definitely areas to make more user friendly. It is similar to thrive themes, so my learning curve was small. But if you are new to this style, it will take a while to get fluent. But it is easy to use overall. I like that a lot.

David K.
Owner / Managing Director

"I'm falling in love!"

Pros: I love the simplicity and the way Kartra holds your hand through every-step of the funnel build and membership set up. The onboard analytics are great. The functionality for running our automated webinar is awesome. Building fab looking pages is effortless. Cant wait to move our support desk over and start using some of the advanced functionality. For example, we are looking at implementing the SMS feature to improve our webinar show up rate.

Cons: I haven't found major issues any yet....

Patricia P.
founder and CEO
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2021

"Kartra is simply the best"

Comments: Not only do I set up, host and market my online courses; I use it for my digital appearance and with all the statistics and analytics I know immediately if, how or where to tweak a campaign. Client communication is made easy....

Pros: I do not need any other software to host or market my online courses. Everything ties together. So much time and money saved!

Cons: It has a little bit of a learning curve at the beginning. But when you are willing to dive in, you pretty fast get the clue since there are awesome tutorials and amazing support!

• Reviewed on 11/05/2021
Harsha V.
Applications engineer
  • Reviewed on 05/05/2021

"Best platform for marketing in all aspects of business through online"

Comments: It was the only one platform and the best for my current online business. Developing features along with the customer support is great.

Pros: Advanced feature available in this platform helps and it attracts the other viewers and the complete business management can be done. The training tutorials along with the videos with a great support is available.

Cons: At initial stage it is quite complicated to learn the features it consumes little more time. And also this particular platform is quite expensive. The interface can be improved show that it will be helpful for the business start the online business.

• Reviewed on 05/05/2021
Dana R.
Creative Director
Online Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/11/2019

"So, So Good But Lacks In The User-Friendly Department"

Comments: I no longer use Kartra but when I did, the best thing I found was the fact that it was all-in-one. I really liked being able to login to one platform and it was all there, even analytics and in-depth reports based on product, emails, link tracking, etc. It truly was full-service.

Pros: There are a lot of things to like about Kartra, specifically the absolute all-in-one platform they have. It goes far beyond just designing a website/landing page or sending an email. They cover all the bases - from websites, landing pages, email marketing/automation with sequences and tagging, funnels, simple e-commerce, digital downloads, membership sites, help desk, scheduling, forms, affiliates and now an agency solution. If you'd like to consolidate the many platforms you use, Kartra can handle 95% of everything you throw at it. Their support group on Facebook is second to none. They truly care about their people and it shows; it's like a family.

Cons: Learning the platform was a long, complicated process. They have people lined up that will help "onboard" you and while that's extremely helpful and effective, I think it's always beneficial to know your platform inside and out so you can make necessary changes as needed and not have to depend on the support team, or others. Because of the complexity, there's a time-consuming process you'll have to undertake before you can "go live". I mean, it makes sense due to the fullness and depth of their platform, just be sure to go into it knowing: (1), the trial is not nearly long enough to know if it's a right fit for your business, and (2), it'll take time to setup your workflows and make sense of how everything is integrated, and (3), host your videos elsewhere or you'll get eaten alive in bandwith overcharges. Kartra has what they call Kartraverse, which is like a step-by-step training course on how to use their platform. It's superb and very informative; however, it's still in its infancy and you have to wait until they create the next lesson before you can do in-depth with whatever topic they decide, and that was often frustrating. With that said, however, they also do a lot of webinars that are in-depth and full of insight, but sitting through a webinar to find one answer is a bit defeating when you're in a hurry or just not really sure what exactly you're even looking for. Their documentation leaves a little to be needed, however.

• Reviewed on 22/11/2019
André V.
Writer
  • Reviewed on 01/05/2019

"Automations, Great Templates and Features"

Comments: Kartra is in the game for professionals. Is robust, with massive pro features and constant contact with users developimg new features as we need it and go forward.

Pros: Extremely easy to setup your entirely business and starting list and nurture your leads. Great graphics and video trainnings. Support always responsive. The email sequence builder is a plus

Cons: The integration in between Kartra and Webinarjam is a crap, this is the only bad point and strange as these two groups are brothers.

• Reviewed on 01/05/2019
Elizabeth E.
Founder & Health Educator
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/09/2019

"Kartra helped me promote a recent wellness summit!"

Comments: I was able to successfully participate in the virtual summit and encourage my clients to register also.

Pros: I liked that I could see who had purchased tickets for a wellness summit that I was an affiliate for recently. I was able to have a customizable link and each sale gave me a portion of the profits. It is very professional and the best affiliate software I've been able to use.

Cons: I thought it was tricky to navigate in some ways because the "paid membership" features were right alongside the free features and I couldn't always tell what I could click and what I couldn't, leading me to waste quite a bit of time trying to sort everything out and figure out how to use it.

• Reviewed on 06/09/2019
Silfrido G.
Instructor
E-Learning, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2019

"Your best online business platform"

Comments: My experience has simply been very good because of its ease in handling and the completeness of its elements.

Pros: I love the ease of setting up my business for distance consulting and teaching in real time and with the best cloud backup technology. It is wonderful

Cons: A program with so much technology in its design requires an excellent internet connection to have real-time support in the cloud.

• Reviewed on 29/07/2019
Sarah P.
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2021

"Made for seasoned internet marketers"

Comments: I am happy to get all my marketing needs in one place. From building landing pages to collecting emails to marketing them

Pros: This is your one stop internet application. It's a plug and play system to roll out your internet marketing

Cons: Just the many feature you've got tao setup within one platform

• Reviewed on 14/05/2021
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2019

"Kartra solves a ton of automation challenges"

Comments: Testing pages with different videos, sections, headlines, CTA's is so easy with Kartra I find myself just playing with options and automations to test.

Pros: Kartra makes putting together multi step campaigns an absolute breeze.

Cons: I was a little surprised to find out that a first automated email that goes out must be immediate or the next day but there was no option for a few minutes or hours. It would also be a huge time saver if you could jump directly to the section you want to edit instead of having to click through each one.

Linda P.

"Review SGB"

Comments: It's been decent. I've used infusionsoft and it's easier than that. It's more robust than other tools and a pretty good value.

Pros: I like that it has a lot of features - including a membership site all on board. I have used the landing pages, but less so now.

Cons: Have hated that I have to upload videos into a separate section. I have found the landing page creator super clunky and frustrating to work with.

Mike V.
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2019

"Kartra, marekting funnels made simple and effective"

Comments: We needed a good platform to support our e-mail marketing efforts and wanted it simple. Kartra is not only simple but very powerful, and it fit our requirements like a glove.

Pros: It has all the bells and whistles​ you need for email marketing on one bundle that is super super simple to use. You get complete statistics on the performance of your campaigns​ including the performance of elements in the campaign. This is very well thought out an implemented.

Cons: I wish I could do a campaign and not have to tie it to a product.

• Reviewed on 22/05/2019
Elizabeth J.
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2019

"No stone left unturned"

Comments: I have a funnel, a membership site, a group emailing system – everything I need to conduct my online training business.

Pros: Generous – everything has been thought about, including help with marketing and other general business advice.

Cons: Sometimes my brain didn't sync with Kartra's and I had to train it to think the same way as much as I could. It was not that there was anything wrong with the software – we just think differently. However, the help and concierge people are wonderful – gold!

• Reviewed on 20/05/2019
Terence D.
Coach

"STep Into The Future"

Comments: Kartra can grow as much as you want it too. Your business group club size is endless.

Pros: Believe it or not the best feature is the easy fact of sending out emails. Communicating with customers is so easy. You can send out a basic email or one with links to others videos and products.

Cons: I wanted to send out Birthday greetings to my customers when necessary and that feature was not there.

Tracy J.
President/CEO
Broadcast Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2019

"Kartra has revolutionized my businesses"

Comments: I've enhanced customer's experience on my website and have configured the pages to upsell customers on other products, manage video on demand in a much more elegant way and am now in the process of moving my membership site entirely to Kartra. It's SO much better.

Pros: Building great looking landing pages, squeeze pages and in fact, full websites is incredibly easy and powerful. The suite of tools that integrate has opened new paths to engaging my customers and selling more products.

Cons: When managing landing pages, it seems that the software requires more clicks than should be necessary. It's easy to use, but can be cumbersome, especially when setting up a sales funnel. I have to set up some pages, then exit and build a product, then back to the pages again.

Felipe M.
Field Services Engineer
Pharmaceuticals, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2020

"Kartra has EVERYTHING."

Comments: AMAZING. They even just upgraded their data storage limits to unlimited for Silver and above.

Pros: We started using Kartra for our non profit website, monthly membership subscription, hosting courses, and every other thing we have needed. We have been able to cut out a TON of other paid software.

Cons: They still haven't implemented quizzes for their courses, but it's coming. That's really the only thing so far we haven't liked.

• Reviewed on 30/09/2020
Cosmin M.
Sports, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/04/2020

"Exactly what I've been looking for!"

Comments: Kartra has been making very easy to build a membership website, along with all the marketing needs: landing page, checkout forms, opt-ins, customer management. Instead of using Wordpress and dealing with many plugins to keep a website going, Kartra offers a seamless platform for every marketing and technical needs.

Pros: It is an all-in-one platform that really makes my business so much easier: landing pages, checkout forms, customer experience, membership management... It all flows in on place.

Cons: I wish the membership systems would be a lot more versatile, and the customer support a lot faster. The latter is super friendly but it takes a day to get an answer back.

• Reviewed on 01/07/2019

"Highly Recommend This All In One Marketing Solution"

Pros: I love that it's all in one and I've saved so much money cancelling all the different subscriptions that I have. It's so fast to set up a whole funnel and their system works well (emails get delivered, etc.). I also love their high converting templates for landing pages.

Cons: If you are used to something like Thinkific or Teachable then the CRM section will disappoint you. It's very basic. It can be overwhelming to learn how to use it but once you do, it's so powerful.

• Reviewed on 01/07/2019
Shirley H.
Media Career Strategist/Podcaster
Broadcast Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/09/2019

"Kartra Has Enormous Potential!...It's Great Platform for Business But There is Room for Improvement"

Comments: My experience has been pretty good in spite of some of the shortcomings of the Kartra platform. I think it's just "growing pains" and should hopefully improve over time. You may see a lot of videos on YouTube, blog posts and articles around the web raving about Kartra. You have to consider the source. Many of these "rave reviews" are affiliates trying to make some money.(More power to them!) I mention that because the average person will look all of those reviews and think it's simple and easy to use. While it's a nice platform, it will be a bit of a challenge if you've never used anything like it before. In my opinion, it could be a lot more user friendly. It's easy to find yourself "stuck" trying to figure out what to do next. While Kartra does have some "training" videos and blog posts. I found myself searching on YouTube for clearer explanations and examples. Overall, if you're looking for an alternative to Clickfunnels or Infusionsoft (Now known as Keap), Kartra is one to consider. I suggest signing up for the trial and really put Kartra through it's paces. Build pages, automations etc. That's the only way that you're going to see if it's the right solution for you and your business.

Pros: What I like most about Kartra are the features. It has EVERYTHING you need to set up sales and marketing funnels, landing pages, email marketing and a lot more. Plus if you later decide to sell online courses or need a member's site etc...Kartra has it all.

Cons: Kartra is a bit clunky. It also seems to run a bit slow when updating a page. That being said, it is software and we all know that technology can sometimes have a mind of it's own literally. I believe it will get better over time.
I also have a small bone to pick with Kartra with their decision to use em vs px. While, I get that em is better in terms of accuracy. The developers of Kartra need to understand that their average customers aren't graphic artists or developers. We know, use and understand px (pixels). So why not give us the option to use px instead of em?

• Reviewed on 24/09/2019
Kevin T.
Music, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2019

"Kartra will change your life!"

Comments: Early on in my business growth, I switched from using a variety of Internet tools to Infusionsoft, because I thought it would allow me to integrate all my online tools into one platform. But with that service, I still ended up duct-tapeing together 3 additional tools, and I had to manage my lists in two different places, continually trying to sync up all the members and their corresponding tags. The tools were either inadequate (not mobile responsive, bad looking pages, membership site not integrated well, etc) or if I wanted a different functionality it required a plugin with an additional fee attached, and that company has dozens, if not hundreds of these plugins available. It was quite disappointing. When executive spoke at a conference about how he “ran out of duct-tape” and decided to create his own platform specifically for Internet Marketers, I put myself on the waiting list to beta test it as soon as it was released. I currently have two Kartra accounts, and my life is soooo much better now. Finally, everything I need actually is in one place. Additionally, there are some awesome features included, such as video hosting with analytics, that were not available at all with other companies. No more need for a separate Amazon S3 video hosting account and hoping I can integrate Google analytics to provide some useful video stats. If you are an Internet marketer selling information products, Kartra will change your life! Thanks!

Pros: Everything you need actually is in one place this time.

Cons: After having used dozens of software tools for my Internet businesses, I can't think of any cons to Kartra.

• Reviewed on 16/05/2019
Robert H.
Chief Strategy Officer
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/04/2020

"Great product - which appears to have lost customer focus and eroded its support function."

Comments: We came into this product with enormous goodwill for the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]and what he was committed to. Since his passing - it appears as if things have changed radically - in a direction that is not good. We're actively considering whether Kartra deserves our continued business. We have noticed that other leaders in digital marketing, who were early and enthusiastic Kartra advocates are now using other platforms. At least one such has told us that his experience with the decline in customer service is a reason why he's moving on. Now, today Kartra has informed us that they are going to start charging us more. That's the straw...

Pros: We love the fact that e-mail, webpages, shopping cart, video hosting & membership are all tightly integrated. No one has done a better job of this - but some are trying.

Cons: No problem with the software - but a very big problem with the customer support function which has recently deteriorated very significantly. Previously, we got quick, useful replies where the support provider actually went to the account, looked at the problem, verified it and provided video showing how to fix it. Now - numerous tickets on the same issue go unheeded because the responses are posted to an account that is not ours. Responses appear to have mis-understood the problem. Repeated pleas for help go unacknowledged. Even tried reaching out to Genesis Digital execs via phone & LinkedIn. No response. To make it worse, recently they have taken down all the instructional videos and written tutorials for Webinar Jam. Replaced them with an API document which is useless to us. One of Kartra's main selling points is "ease of use." Likewise with Webinar Jam. It's supposed to be easy to use WJ to integrate webinars into the Kartra ecosystem. We don't expect anyone to do it for us, but we're not software engineers. We have other things we need to do. So we do need easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions and support when we get it wrong. Because the tutorials are gone and the customer support is weak, we're now paying for a webinar platform which we cannot connect to Kartra and which we can't use with confidence. This affects the heart of our business at a very bad time.

Drew D.
Owner and Director
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2019

"Familiarity breeds content"

Comments: This is great for landing pages or just simple web pages too. It enable you to direct traffic to one page which can then send the visitor onto a myriad of applications.

Pros: Kartra is a plethora of things which enable you to rely on it for so many different tasks in your business. It does take a moment to get to grips with but as you become more familiar with it you can't help but be content with it too.

Cons: A bit of a steep learning curve to start.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2019
Yassine A.
ceo
  • Reviewed on 09/06/2021

"The perfect tool to launch an MVP in few hours"

Comments: I use kartra to quickly launch an MVP for a business idea or a landing page to collect leads, the premade templates make the website creation super easy and fast without compromising the end result. I also use the kartra API to integrate the websites I have hosted on kartra with other services like google sheet and slack.

Pros: Kartra has a lot of great premade templates that can be edited by simply dragging and dropping elements to come up with the desired design that I have in mind, it can be used to create funnels also multi-page websites. Kartra integrates with a variety of payment gateways which is a must for eCommerce businesses like mine.

Cons: There’s a bit of a learning curve at the beginning but thankfully I was able to find a lot of video tutorials about it online and I quickly got used to it.

• Reviewed on 09/06/2021