• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.3 /5

About Asana

Asana is the easiest way to organize and manage all of your team's work. See why 8,000+ customers give Asana 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Learn more about Asana

Showing 9,154 reviews

Michael D.
Publishing Manager
Government Administration, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2019

"Great task-management and collaboration tool"

Comments: It's a breeze to use and it enables our busy publishing team of 10 to collaborate and stay on top of our day-to-day. It also gives me the paper trail I need for quarterly and annual reporting. Highly recommended.

Pros: It's very easy to implement and to onboard new users. The interface is attractive and very intuitive. New features are appearing every few months - the recently added Portfolio/Workload feature is brilliant. Now I get the Gantts I need to monitor my team's workload and our many projects.

Cons: Being able to estimate hours per task would make Workload even more useful. Keyword search (for completed tasks/projects etc.) can be a little flakey.

• Reviewed on 11/06/2019
Rachel S.
Executive Administrator
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2020

"This is your new (improved) pile of sticky notes"

Comments: Love Asana and how it's improved our organization and functionality, especially with a completely remote team working together across timezones.

Pros: LOVE being able to label, sort, prioritize, date, assign, attach files to items, create sub lists, and so much more to organize multiple complex projects with a team. Especially helpful when everyone works remotely! Helps you keep your brain free for problem solving, processing, conversations, and dreaming rather than trying to hold deadlines and details and project flows at the same time. Your team will communicate more efficiently with notifications. LOVE IT!

Cons: It can be a little complex to get the hang of, but for basic use it's a pretty simple learning curve. Getting into timelines, sub lists, etc takes a little work, but is totally worth it. The other caveat is that you have to commit actually using it all the time to keep it updated and accurate. Again, totally worth it.

• Reviewed on 15/10/2020
Aliz G.
Program Manager Junior
Computer Hardware, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2019

"Good Startup Project Management Tool"

Comments: It was a very good tool to use, highly user friendly, quite effective and very visually attractive. This tool is great for startups in my opinion and the price is fair for the features it has.

Pros: I like how user friendly it is, the aesthetics (looks), it's very neat and colorful at the same time, it provides a good option for organization and I think it's a good tool for startups, it makes planning, task assignment, tracking and registering much easier.

Cons: I think the software is amazing but it lacks some features seen on more robusts tools such as Zoho Projects, still, this tool can integrate with other small tools that can give you access to Gantt Charts or timelines, etc. The problem is you have to pay for those additional integrations.

• Reviewed on 30/09/2019
Chase H.
Creative Brand Director
Retail, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2020

"A god-send for getting us organized"

Comments: We have a lot of different marketing activations spread over various time periods and across multiple brands we own. Being able to organize all of this effectively and keep everyone on schedule has been a tremendous help and has saved us countless hours of time. We use this tool daily to keep everyone on track, and I couldn't be happier with the results.

Pros: Powerful tagging and search functions make it very simple to keep track of our myriad marketing activations and all their associated deliverables. Adding subtasks and including collaborators on tasks makes it very easy to keep track of who needs to do what and by when. Various views like lists, calendars, and kanban boards make it accessible to everyone on the team who thinks and processes information differently. The UX is clean and simple, and the 'my tasks' and 'inbox' features help us all keep track of what's happening in our assigned areas.

Cons: The only con I have is that there is somewhat of a steep learning curve for some of the more advanced features, and there's some serious thinking and heavy lifting required to get everything laid out and organized in the tool and then get everyone onboarded. However, I think this is likely going to be the case with any team adopting a project management tool.

• Reviewed on 09/07/2020
Faibrey D.
Data Analyst
Farming, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2020

"Simplified teamwork with improved transparency"

Comments: We have seen an improvement in reporting standards since we started using Asana. Team members are transparent and it is very easy to see everything and help those that are having challenges completing projects.

Pros: We started using it on free trial and we realized the first week that this is the software we wanted. One of the best factors is that it is updated regularly to add new features without an additional fee on us. With our team we are able to set goals and divide them into smaller goals that are distributed among team members in the software and we are able to track easily progress on each goal based on deadlines. We are able to track workloads and monitor portfolios on a single dashboard with a few clicks which makes it very user friendly. When we rolled it out we did not need special training as it is very easy to use. We automated all routine tasks in the software to save time and reduce errors. In addition, another feature I enjoy is the use of forms that are user friendly to submit work requests. They are very easy to fill.

Cons: Although it gives the option to secure documents and data from editing by enabling the comment-only feature, it does not restrict viewing of the data of which it is a feature they can add to make sure there is selection on who can view data among the team members.

• Reviewed on 30/07/2020
Aram Z.
CTO
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2020

"Great for operations"

Comments: Overall, Asana is a great tool and has served the team really well. Repeating tasks, great mobile app, and overall simplicity have been a win. I do see that we are moving more towards tools like Notion that allow for more unstructured data and really robust description areas. That said, we still use Asana to manage the majority of repeat tasks as well as very well defined, 1 step tasks.

Pros: I love the mobile app, it's been really easy to get down quick tasks through the day. The simple list structure allows for rapid planning. Then leveraging the same list to create sections is great.

Cons: I feel limited to how I can filter and sort tasks from the team. The description section feels weak compared to tools like Notion.

• Reviewed on 27/07/2020
Dimitris R.
Partner, CRM Director
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/09/2020

"Great project management system"

Comments: Asana is the defacto service that we use to run out of the entire business. Ideal for dealing with our internal processes and project management for our clients.

Pros: Asana does a great job of tracking the overall aspect of all our projects (internal and external). It is very easy to use and maintain as well as to customize the way that it works. So, we are able to create a seamless experience and workflow for all users on out organization.
The ability to add multiple additional fields to the main fields of the system provides a great framework to work the exact way we want.

Cons: I would love to have more control over files that are stored on each task. A central system for storing would be ideal.

• Reviewed on 22/09/2020
Shawn M.
Digital Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 28/07/2020

"A great project management solution for small teams."

Comments: Asana has a clear interface, full feature set and user friendly interface.

Pros: The interface is very simple and easy to use. It is similar to an interactive checklist. We can break up each client into different jobs that all have certain tasks and sub-tasks. Tasks can easily be assigned to multiple different team members and have timelines assigned to them. There also is a fun animation of a creature like a phoenix or a yetti that flies across the screen when a task is marked as complete. Helps make production meetings more fun!

Cons: There are the occassional bugs. We originally had issues with sub-tasks becoming misplaced if you marked their parent task as complete. This has since been fixed. Overall, it's a lot better than others our team has used.

• Reviewed on 28/07/2020
Jurran Y.
  • Reviewed on 07/07/2020

"Highly Recommended"

Comments: Overall I am very happy with the platform. I probably haven't experienced everything Asana has to offer, but from my limited experience its a great tool that continuely works to get better.

Pros: I am a very visual planner and the UI is great for people who like to a have solid visual platform for their project management. I also love the templates and the app integration library, which also helps streamline my business processes.

Cons: The membership starts to get pricey
when you go from 3 to 5 seats. Of course as a business owner I'm trying to save money!
I also think that any paying customer should have the ability to brand their workspace. I use slack and they do not have a branding limitation on the plan that I have.

• Reviewed on 07/07/2020
Laura P.
Social Media Manager
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/09/2020

"Not so simple but very useful"

Comments: Asana is a nice tool, but it's just not for me. There was too much information on the screen and I would often get lost in the sea of tools they offer. But I recognize it is an amazing software and many teams can benefit from it while working online.

Pros: Asana has many different functionalities for project management. It has a beautiful and visual workspace where you can list, track and tackle different tasks in your daily work.

Cons: The main feature I dislike in Asana is its lack of functions for recurrent tasks. My work demands different routines every week and month, so it was a little bit difficult to set those up.

• Reviewed on 23/09/2020
Shashank P.
Digital Marketing Analyst
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/10/2020

"Easiest Way to Manage Your Team Work and Tasks Handling"

Comments: We have many promoting enactments spread over different time spans and over numerous brands we own. Having the option to arrange the entirety of this successfully and keep everybody on time has been a huge assistance and has spared us endless long stretches of time. We utilize this apparatus day by day to keep everybody on target, and I was unable to be more joyful with the outcomes. We have seen an improvement in announcing guidelines since we began utilizing Asana. Colleagues are straightforward and it is anything but difficult to see everything and help those that are having difficulties finishing ventures.

Pros: It's anything but difficult to actualize and to installed new clients. The interface is alluring and instinctive. New highlights are showing up at regular intervals - the as of late included Portfolio/Workload include is splendid. Presently I get the Gantts I have to screen my group's remaining task at hand and our numerous undertakings. Incredible labeling and search capacities make it exceptionally easy to monitor our horde promoting enactments and all their related expectations. Including subtasks and including teammates errands makes it extremely simple to monitor who needs to do what and by when. Different perspectives like records, schedules, and kanban sheets make it open to everybody in the group who thinks and cycles data in an unexpected way. The UX is perfect and basic, and the 'my undertakings' and 'inbox' highlights help us all monitor what's going on in our allocated zones.

Cons: The main con I have is that there is fairly a lofty expectation to absorb information for a portion of the further developed highlights, and there's some genuine reasoning and truly difficult work needed to get everything spread out and composed in the device and afterward get everybody onboarded. Be that as it may, I think this is likely going to be the situation with any group embracing a task the executives instrument. Despite the fact that it gives the choice to make sure about archives and information from altering by empowering the remark just element, it doesn't limit survey of the information of which it is a component they can add to ensure there is choice on who can see information among the colleagues.

• Reviewed on 21/10/2020
Vanessa A.
Executive Assistant
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/10/2020

"Asana helps me stay organized and on track, it's not always perfect but it's always improving"

Comments: I use Asana a daily basis in my work and personal life. I get my thoughts laid out and am sure to enter all of the tasks I need to keep on my radar so they are out of my head and I can sleep at night! I love how I can also
I love the basic set up of Asana. I had been using it for years in my jobs, my business, and even my personal life. I love how well it helped me keep track of my tasks and projects. It helps me see what I need from different views but also keep items on my radar in my own projects while keeping them on the radar on my teammates projects.
I love all of the features it has and keeps adding. And most of all I really appreciate that even though it is not a perfect tool it is constantly improving. Their Rules (automations) seem like a great start as it is a new feature, I'm already making use of it. It's very helpful that tasks can live in multiple projects and that you can switch from different views (previously you had to pick one and could not change it).
The custom fields come in handy all of the time!

Pros: I love the basic set up and that you can switch between different views (when previously you had to choose one).
Portfolios are great for keeping an eye on multiple projects.
Having the ability to add tasks to multiple projects is a big plus and very helpful so that tasks can be seen from various perspectives. It's helpful also having the tag feature to group related tasks from various projects.
It's great that I can add emails straight to the projects as tasks and it's clickable so if I need to get more info or reply to the email its easy to find and open.
Custom fields are incredibly helpful so we can get the customized information that we need.
Forms I a great feature as well though I haven't been able to get much use of them as they are right now.

Cons: There are minor items that I'm not satisfied with. Automations/rules are very limited & it seems unnecessary to limit the # per project. The triggers & actions are also pretty limited but I understand this is a newer feature. I wish they'd incorporate tags into the automations.
It also seems that the Gmail extension has not been updated in a long time. I wish some of the features were incorporated. For instance, I'd like to note what section of a project a task goes in while saving it. It's not very helpful if I need to go & find it in Asana to edit it.
I wish there were a better way to work with templates, I don't like that templates look like regular projects in your list. It'd also be great if we could have templates for tasks as well.
I wish there was a way to organize your favorites, perhaps by having sections. It'd be helpful if milestones could have a start & end date.
The inbox is a bit overwhelming, it seems to capture everything & while you can just focus on the important items (like mentions) it still feels cluttered when you're on the main view & see every little update.
Reporting could be improved on. It's a bit glitchy whenever you make a change to the report, you have to resave & also the only format that is helpful to me is the CSV but I wish it would produce a Google sheet & I wish we could control what fields get exported.
I wish forms had more conditional logic as I can't really use them well as is.

• Reviewed on 17/10/2020
Marketing Manager
Aviation & Aerospace, 201-500 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 01/10/2020

"A must have for geographically disperse teams"

Comments: Love it! Can’t live without it. I’m better at my job and better at working with my team because of it.

Pros: I use this tool to stay organized and provide visibility to my teammates with my individual work. I also use it to implement processes for planning and task management for a team that sits across three different regions in the world. It really helps keep us all on the same page.

Cons: It is easy to get disorganized with this tool. You really need to manage what you create. It can get messy and confusing if you don’t use the features intelligently.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 01/10/2020
Digital Project Manager
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2020

"Asana for Digital Agencies"

Comments: I solved the workload of every member of my team and the priority of each task. I was able to have a clear and open vision of the situation with each client and deliver their requests on time. It was very helful to us.

Pros: I used Asana for 1-2 years while I was working on a Social Media Agency. It helped me a lot to organize my team. I was able to track all the tasks in their differents stages and also I could know the workload of every member of my team.
Also I integrated Asana with my Gmail and created tasks from there, very easy and quickly.

Cons: When I started using Asana, I had trouble copying and pasting images directly from the email body. Then when they achieved integration with Gmail, this was resolved.
Also, email notifications were quite annoying until I learned how to disable them. Maybe they could add a feature to only send email notifications for important tasks.

• Reviewed on 14/09/2020
Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2020

"Robust Project Management Software for Creative Agency"

Comments: Asana has allowed our business to become so much more streamlined, and we no longer worry about dropping balls or missing deadlines. We have been able to accomplish so much more work because of our organization within Asana.

Pros: Asana has been integral to our business in the last few years -- the platform allows for robust content / project management. We are a small design and web development agency, and we're finally able to track our projects from first inquiry to project close. Asana has been an amazing tool for keeping our processes efficient and transparent, and we've set up teams shared with some clients so that they too can be aware of our progress on their projects. We've also been doing all this using the free version -- we briefly tried a demo of the paid tier, but we found that for our small (and somewhat change-averse) team, the free version has virtually everything we need.

Cons: There are some elements of Asana that are surprisingly inflexible -- we'd love to have more color options to differentiate our projects and tags, rather than having to use the same 16 colors, for example. And the email notifications are not great -- they send more than is necessary, and they're not very customizable. Asana's customer support team is responsive, but all the requests we have appear to also have been in the request queue for years.

• Reviewed on 06/08/2020
Benjamin W.
Developer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 02/08/2020

"Asana Makes Projects Easy"

Comments: Using Asana has been simple and effective. It has been very easy to manage the day to day, mid range & long term tasks that I need to stay on top of. Asana's user-friendly & intuitive interface has made it a welcome addition to my workflow management!

Pros: The thing I like most about Asana is the ease with which you can update a task. Asana has a very simple & intuitive interface. It was very easy to update the tasks, create new tasks, make notes, etc., all from the home screen.

Cons: I have been using the free version, so not all features are available to me. I would like be able to create multiple projects, but I think that is available in the paid version. For now, and for what I've been using the program to assist with, I don't have any cons about Asana.

• Reviewed on 02/08/2020
Executive Assistant
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2020

"Only one issue...."

Comments: Overall I have had a great experience. I rarely need support so not really sure what to say there. The one thing I did ask for (working with Google Aliases) they refused to do, so I guess if you are good with their program as is, you will be fine. Just don't expect them to go above and beyond to work with you.

Pros: I have been using Asana since 2013 and have taken it with me to each job I have had since. I love the adaptability of the program. I'm able to use it as a daily task list and can use it to manage a team and a project. They have a lot of ready-made templates that you can use, or you can create your own to use repeatedly like for a board meeting or other projects that have the same tasks each time. I constantly am recommending it to other Executive Assistants as it tends to play well with most programs.

Cons: The main complaint I have is that it does not work with Google Aliases. So if your company has a main address, but uses aliases for different departments it will not recognize the alias which means you can't email the project or tasks in Asana.
It's not a deal-breaker, but it is a hassle. I've seen many complaints about this but Asana is deaf to them and refuses to correct this. That leads to the arrogance that tends to come through for items like this and attitudes towards religious non-profits, I find it rather sad as it is a really good program, but they are comfortable with it and not willing to help...

• Reviewed on 24/06/2020
Marcelo V.
Agile Coach
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/06/2020

"My Asana Review (Brasilcap)"

Comments: I am happy with it overall, but then i am a heavy user. I see that other team members take sometime to assimilate its potential and value

Pros: Once you know where to go, it's show great use on promoting transparency and team collaboration

Cons: Lack of reports Scrum/Kanban likes. A Query engine would be superb. I use these at Jira and helps a lot. Also some constraints vallidation, configuration/confirmation os necessary fields, things like that

Odette S.
Deputy Executive Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/06/2020

"Intuitive, Powerful, and Beautiful To Do App"

Comments: Asana has allowed our office to both keep extremely flexible and extremely specific project to-do lists. It also allows us to keep our conversations about an issue or project in one place, archived for all time. Additionally, we are able to keep reference information about each project in Asana, creating one central place to check for details, status, and tasks on each project.

Pros: Asana is extremely easy to implement in an office. The design is clean and intuitive and feels very familiar and easy to use from Day 1. Love the ability to create tracking boards or lists, depending on what my need is; and the ability to switch between both of these views is a huge plus. The animations are a delight. Love the Chrome and Gmail plug-ins, I use those multiple times a day. I liked Asana so much that I implemented it at home to keep our family on track and organized.

Cons: I wish there was the ability to personalize the skin of the app more -- different backgrounds for the desktop, stickers. I also wish that Asana could integrate with electronic planners to replace their to-do list function.

Amber B.
Operations Manager
Executive Office, 2-10 Employees

"Asana Review"

Comments: We have really been able to streamline processes using asana. Also, being able to really have one place to house all info about a project. I also love using the workload feature. This way I can work with sales to see who needs more work and who is about to go on overload.

Pros: User friendly, ability to use minimal features to as in depth as you want. This helps a lot for my Executives that don’t need to know the ins and outs. Also, the training videos help tremendously to on-board a new employee who has never used the software before. I don’t have to come up with my own.

Cons: Still waiting on Forms that can be created and used at a Team level and not just a project level. I’d love to be able to do more automation with in the software itself. Right now I have to use google forms and zapier to do any if/then functionality.

Vasileios N.
Web Development Manager
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2020

"Asana is the tool of choice when managing digital media projects"

Comments: Asana is the tool of choice when you want to manage digital media projects. The ability to implement strictly Scrum , Kanban rules is up to you without any restrictions set from the software - and you can be as versatile as you want.

Pros: - Asana is a really intuitive project management tool with a really small learning curve comparing to the likes of Jira, Monday and Airtable. New team members can easily get onboard without much training. - Really flexible as well as it lets you create all kind of project boards based on your needs. Does not restrict you to a specific logic i.e. Jira ; while at the same time gives you tools to organize and shape your project plan as you like eg. with the use of Custom Fields - really cool!

Cons: - The Portfolio functionality being on the Business tier - Having to enroll ALL team members to Business tier and not just some members of the team i.e. just the line Managers. Not everyone needs to have access to the Business tier features and tools.

Laura A.
Research Coordinator
Research, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2020

"Excellent for professional AND personal use"

Comments: When I started with my company a little more than a year ago, we knew we needed to find ways to streamline our workflows and keep everyone on the same page. I found Asana and it was a near-perfect fit. It has taken a bit to get everyone on-board with the software because it was different than how they've worked before, but we're rolling along now.
We wish there was a bit more flexibility with certain built-in features like the progress reports, but overall, as a small research company, it's really helping us work together.

Pros: I'm with a very small company, but we still find Asana helpful for keeping up to date with everyone's tasks. Comments, progress reports, and the ability to connect tasks with dependencies allow us to function as a team, tagging in and out of a project as needed, without missing a beat.

Cons: There is a learning curve for those that are more inclined towards pen/paper lists, which has made implementation a little bumpy. Also we find that because certain things are built-in (like project statuses), we can't always capture precisely where we're at. For instance, there isn't a way to indicate in progress reports that something is "On hold".

Linda S.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/06/2020

"Without Asana? Without me!"

Comments: Every process, every step, every project - it's all about Asana. It "lives" in Asana which saves us time for other stuff. Asana makes going to work fun for everyone since we know where we can find everything and where we DO everything.

Pros: Asana is a Game-Changer. It truly optimized our processes since we can automate them with this amazing tool. Also everyone in the company is able to work from wherever they want - only by using Asana. It is the best tool for organizing projects and keeping in touch with all the people in your company. You can do repeating processes as well as agile projects. I love it! And I will recommend it to everyone who is in need of having better working processes - and of course more time for other stuff.

Cons: Sometimes it's all about the details. And there are some things in Asana that need to be fixed: e.g. you need formular drafts that you can simply duplicate as well as not having a maximum number in custom fields. It would be also nice if you could automate and individualize custom rules more - but as I said: just details.

• Reviewed on 20/06/2020
Hugo C.
Projects managers
  • Reviewed on 05/05/2020

"Free version is already great, it is even better when you upgrade"

Comments: I have been using Asana for many years, when I need to refer to a good and useful tool for managing project, I always say Asana. Moreover the free version offers all the needed basic features, it is impressive.

Pros: The clean UI, the board and custom fields.

Cons: Subtasks management (mostly in the board view) because too much click to reach them and no overall view (no nice hierarchical view with parents and child tasks).

by Asana on 10/06/2020

Thanks for the awesome review, Hugo! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you.

We've some exciting updates coming up, so make sure to keep an eye on our release notes (https://asa.na/releasenotes) and product announcements in our community forum (https://asa.na/702)!

• Reviewed on 05/05/2020
Sarah F.
Graphic Designer
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/04/2020

"Highly recommend Asana"

Comments: Overall, I love my experience with Asana. The software is so simple to navigate, it makes my work life a lot easier control.

Pros: I love how easy this software is to navigate. Due to the clean and simplified design, I can "add/create a task" with the click of a button. It gives me the options to add a project title, project description, due date and even categorize the assignment. As a Graphic Designer, each design project falls in various categories, and it is extremely helpful to be able to label each one. I also love how easy it is to add people to your account, and not only be able to assign or pass projects along to them, but to be able to view their project lists as well. Lastly, it only took a few minutes to have someone explain to me how to navigate the software, which is not only wonderful, but time efficient.

Cons: I would love if there could be a feature where you can instant chat your friends. With that chat box, we could easily talk about project details, etc, instead of having to open up a separate browser to write out an email. I believe having a chat box would allow more direct and faster communication.

by Asana on 10/06/2020

Hi Sarah, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It means so much when our customers share their experiences. I'm glad we were able to meet your expectations!

We'd love to hear more about what features you'd like to see implemented in Asana. If you have a moment feel free to join us in our community forum (forum.asana.com) to upvote an existing feature request or create a new one! And if you have any question or if we can help with anything please let us know!

• Reviewed on 28/04/2020