WinTeam Reviews

by TEAM Software

Filter by:

• Overall

About WinTeam

WinTeam is a holistic financial, operations and workforce management solution for cleaning and security contractors in North America.

Learn more about WinTeam

Tracy V.
Accounting Manager
Security & Investigations, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2021

"Review of WinTeam"

Comments: I've used TEAM for over 10 years and overall I love the product. There are so many great features that are bundled into one product which makes it very helpful to us. The fact that everything is together is a huge positive for us. As our company has grown we are looking for more features to help reduce a lot of current manual tasks done by our corporate team.

Pros: All modules in one place is very important to us. We love having the ability to drill down from the general ledger to the source whether it be fixed assets, payroll or invoices. The software itself is very easy to use and learn quickly.

Cons: Employee module could have additional features added. PTO requests and once approved that it populates the timesheets. Expense reporting by the employee that populates their "other comp" for that payroll check. Change of status form that allows management to update an employee file and notifies HR and Payroll once done - items like status change, rate change and job change.

• Reviewed on 31/08/2021
Kimberly B.
Payroll and Health Benefits
Consumer Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2020

"WinTeam Daily"

Comments: Again this is used daily. It is used for pretty much everything I do for my job. One stop shop. :)

Pros: I use so many functions with this product that it is hard to list everything I love. This is the product I use the most and everyday. This helps me see hours worked, process payroll, record deposits, print reports and also find eligible employees for health benefits. One program to do it all.

Cons: There are times that WinTeam freezes. This is not helpful while in the middle of a batch of payroll checks or even putting in a deposit. Generally it takes about 5 minutes to reset itself.

• Reviewed on 23/07/2020
Greg W.
Operations Manager
Security & Investigations, 501-1,000 Employees

"WINTEAM"

Comments: It has saved us a great deal in time and especially money as we now do all our payroll in house. Our support team is very helpful and responsive. I recommend WINTEAM to other companies. I have experience with Vision Vantage and Securitas' SAFES programs. WINTEAM is a superior system and product.

Pros: It is a great help in organizing and ensuring managers and supervisors maintain appropriate and efficient staffing.

Cons: Mostly minor things in setting up schedule pages to better fit the way we use them, but overall it does the job. It can just be frustrating at times , especially if you don't use a function every day/week and you have to remember how to set something up as it is not necessarily intuitive for a non tech guy

Crystal B.
Admin and Finance Manager
Security & Investigations, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2020

"Great software with some room for improvement"

Comments: The program is very good and gets better. The service is always fast and they know their stuff. The limitations for us are in not being able to use some of the newest features du to cost.

Pros: The software covers many aspects of our business. We use it daily, we learn something new about it often. They update and add features often. Sometimes keeping up with them all is tough.

Cons: As a small company that has been with them for a long time we are not able to find room in our budget to utilize all the new features. I am working on it because they may pay for themselves if we use them fully.

• Reviewed on 19/10/2020
Kelly T.
WinTeam Administrator
Facilities Services, 11-50 Employees

"We Chose WinTeam"

Comments: We now have very accurate job costing reports that help us drive daily business decisions. The software is very customizable and the support you get with it is unparalleled. We are confident that we made the right chose when choosing TEAM.

Pros: It is very dynamic software and we really like that it’s an all in one piece for our business.

Cons: It can be a little overwhelming at implementation. And the screen font view is capable of being made larger for easy viewing on screen. That can be a tad frustrating.

Paulina A.
Accountant
Consumer Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2019

"ACCOUNTING"

Comments: This software has been very helpful for our organization; however as mentioned on my previous paragraph I think there is some room of improvement specially on the reports. But in general we feel comfortable with Winteam and would like to keep working with it in the future.

Pros: I like how it links different areas of an organization in just one software.

Cons: I feel that there should more options when creating a report in order to receive detailed information to suffice different user needs.

• Reviewed on 16/04/2019
Ina C.
Comptroller
Security & Investigations, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2019

"Using Win Team for accounting and job costing"

Comments: Win Team is the best accounting software that I have ever used.

Pros: The audit trail, and the way that the various modules interact. For example, payroll is pulled from the scheduling and billing is pulled from the payroll. There are no manual entries needed.

Cons: There are some things that cannot be reversed without a lot of steps. While this is useful for tracking, it is sometimes tedious.

• Reviewed on 16/08/2019
Melissa S.
Senior Accountant
Security & Investigations, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2020

"Great all in one product"

Pros: WinTeam is easy to use and is a great all in one software. The various security settings are great for setting up the appropriate access for users.

Cons: The Citrix login is cumbersome. It is difficult when the system is updating and in comes down for hours. We have 24 dispatch center that gets interrupted when this happens.

• Reviewed on 23/10/2020
Michael N.
Manager C3 and Scheduling
Security & Investigations, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/05/2019

"Good tool for managing employee data"

Comments: Our company has used Winteam for more than 10 years now and I would say that Winteam has helped in managing our database. The options is endless and every year winteam is providing more innovations to ease the use of the software

Pros: Searching relevant datas to the jobs that we are currently providing our clienst and giving to employees

Cons: upgrade the look of the system to be more engaging

• Reviewed on 01/05/2019
Lauren R.
payroll
Environmental Services, 501-1,000 Employees

"winteam software"

Comments: it's been good for the most part, went to in house payroll instead of the expense of outsourcing

Pros: customer service is usually fast when you have problems

Cons: you have to pay for almost everything even some customer services questions, they will turn it into a training session

Lori T.
Facilities Services, 201-500 Employees

"WinTeam"

Pros: I like that the payroll is managed all within the same system and ties directly into the jobs. Also customer service is always available and willing to help.

Cons: Losing the printers connection way too often. The inventory for the distribution side of our business does not track and update as with other systems.

Kevin H.
Operation's Support & Contract Manager
Environmental Services, 501-1,000 Employees

"Team Review"

Comments: The many different ways to navigate and the software being user friendly.

Pros: The ability to navigate within the software

Cons: Time for beneficial ideas to be implemented

Wissam Z.
HR director
Environmental Services, 201-500 Employees

"Midwest Maintenance"

Comments: Very pleased! Thank you

Pros: The ease of use, friendly staff and immediate support

Cons: The tax and benefit related aspect of payroll

Kelly C.
General Manager
  • Reviewed on 05/04/2019

"Review"

Comments: Exceptional

Pros: The itemization of categories and ease of the use thereof.

Cons: Excessive steps to retrieve or complete work and information.

• Reviewed on 05/04/2019
Magda S.
accounts payables

"Accounting review"

Pros: I found this product very useful because you can look In so many different ways

Cons: I really feel very comfortable with the product

Barbara M.
VP Purchasing
Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2019

"Winteam review"

Comments: for the most part they listen, however, I feel that they should have more of an interest in gathering free information from user who know our industry. I feel like they are programmers without the industry knowledge

Pros: the ability to work with developers to modify the software

Cons: alot of areas of the software are not tailored to my business, I feel like whoever created the software does not fully understand our industry. more effort need to be made to really understand what we need so and for it to be implemented without cost to use. I do not like the idea portal/do not have time for it.

• Reviewed on 17/06/2019
Payroll
Facilities Services, 501-1,000 Employees

"WinTeam review"

Comments: It has been mostly good with the time we have had it. Going to the cloud makes things a lot easier with the updates

Pros: Training, when in a training class they can log onto our system and show you the how to's on the subject/module you are using

Cons: Would like to have more training sessions with no cost, also some of the reports are missing information that is needed and or to extend to have more information put in

Vittorio S.
Accounting
  • Reviewed on 27/04/2019

"User experience"

Comments: Good experience
Very helpful on the everyday duties

Pros: Simple to use . Easy to understand. User friendly

Cons: So far nothing , I cannot find a defect.

• Reviewed on 27/04/2019
Jake S.
Business Analyst
Facilities Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/04/2019

"Good with some room for improvement"

Pros: The software flows well and has good base functionality.

Cons: I would like to see a data dictionary of some sort to make reporting easier.. Also some more custom fields would be beneficial.

Sandy L.
Controller
  • Reviewed on 01/07/2021

"WinTeam User for 11 Years"

Comments: WinTeam is essentially another member of our finance team. It comes to work with us every day. The customer support team is excellent and we have a voice in future product enhancement. This isn't software that you purchase and never hear from again. They are partners in helping to strengthen and build our business.

Pros: The job costing capabilities of WinTeam are very robust. Sorting and filtering for reports is only limited by your imagination. The employees at WinTeam are actively working to make their product better and the customer is uppermost in their mind.

Cons: While there are product enhancements that would be helpful, there is no need to pick apart each module and give a wish list of changes here. I have used the software for 11 years and every year sees new innovation and product improvement.

• Reviewed on 01/07/2021
Kristie m. H.
Kristie m. H.
Human Resources
Security & Investigations, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/09/2020

"Does what is supposed to, but could do a lot more"

Comments: As an HR Manager I use this daily. There is a "Help" section, that isn't helpful with such a customized product

Pros: It integrates with our Applicant Tracking System to easily import new hires. There are a lot of report functions that are very useful in looking at overtime, birthdays (we mail cards), attendance, and much more that are used weekly by the HR team

Cons: There are some integrations WinTeam cannot do that would be useful. Some are just too expensive to integrate, which feels crazy given the size of our account and what we already pay them. But the W4 change from 2020 took them 6-7 months to figure out how to properly integrate

• Reviewed on 23/09/2020
Alex R.
Accountant

"Winteam in review"

Comments: Overall, Winteam is great but there is always room for improvement. This being my first office job using a software based system, winteam has helped me succeed way better than the older software my company used to have.

Pros: I enjoy the simplicity when it comes to navigating certain aspects of the system. I also enjoy finding out new ways to complete tasks more efficiently and sharing with the rest of my team. This software has helped save hundreds of hours when analyzing and entering data.

Cons: There were a few things that felt like they were finished half way before the software was released. For example, the PO and AP Invoice sections need to be linked better to let you know when a PO already has an invoice and when the PO has been fulfilled to avoid going over the PO amount. Similar to the AR Invoice Review tab, there should be a way to review what invoices are under that PO and the amount remaining, invoiced and over/under when the PO has reached its expiration date.

Reynaldo A.
Payroll Director
Facilities Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2019

"Overall Quite Potent Accounting Software"

Comments: This software comes with a high learning curve but overall I think it is worth it. We are able to have more detailed reports for payroll, AP, AR, Inventory, etc. Right now we are implementing onboarding solution for payroll. Also, having TeamTime clocking in and out information synchronize directly to Team has been tremendous help speeding up payroll processing.

Pros: I like that in Team everything is down to Job level; We are able to get a detailed report of each job for the customers. Payroll is very easy to navigate as well. There is plenty of reports to choose from to get all the information needed. I like the fact that I can manage Obama Care right in the software - it is a lot of work to assure all the information is correctly captured and reported but it is all in one place at least. I like that we have all functions connected into one software; integration was a big deal for us to make this switch. Customer service is awesome as well. There are lots of functions that we are still learning about but is definetely a very powerful and promising software.

Cons: I did not like that I cannot import and export like we used to do in old software. Also, one of the drawbacks for payroll department is that liabilities cannot be paid directly out of the Team. Lack of ability to attach files is frustrating as well (even though this and many other functions can be added for an extra fee). Third party add-ons can be expensive sometimes. Would be nice to have reminders of due dates for liability payments as well.

Melinda B.
OAC
Security & Investigations, 5,001-10,000 Employees

"Bumpy but better!"

Comments: My experience started out very bumpy, but has really smoothed out over the years. I know I still have some to learn that the system will do, but it is much better today than 6 years ago.

Pros: After we figured out the payroll benefits, it is great now. We had a very rough start on it but learned a lot in the process. Completing the billing and also the ability to email invoices automatically on creation is awesome. You just have to make very sure you do things exactly or it is a mess. I finally learned an easy way to reprint invoices just last week.. Auditing is a breeze in Winteam.. Very easy to trace things all the way through.

Cons: Our training 6+ years ago was abysmal. We ended up having to muddle our way through and figure things out on our own for the first year or so. Then we were offered additional training, but had most of it conquered by then. This caused us to do a lot of double work and all.. I still do not like the Other Billing portion, it requires a lot of manual work. And I don't like the limited invoice customization available. I am still having to do some invoices manually in Excel. Invoice Entry can still use some modifications also.

Leah S.
Acct and HR manager
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2019

"One system for everything"

Comments: We started using Team when before we were using 3 or 4 different programs to conduct business and keep track administratively. We often had to enter data 2-3 times. We had spreadsheets that worked well enough but to was all a bit clumsy and overly redundant, not to mention prone to error. We’ve used Team for about 6 years now and now everything “talks” to each other- payroll integrates with work tickets, benefits are programmed in, we can track for bonus metrics without a separate system, etc. We can compare financial projections to actuals and have control of our P&Ls. We love it and keep learning more that we can do to make our business more efficient.

Pros: We can use one software for everything and it all talks to each other. Also, we have been able to go from paper based to electronically based- completely! No more timesheets. They clock in with the phone. The list goes on!

Cons: On the accounting side- everything we need is there but it’s a lot less automated than say quickbooks as the software as a whole is not an accounting software. Just takes some time to learn.