Marketing Automation Professional Reviews

• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.8 /5

About Marketing Automation Professional

Higher Logic's Marketing Automation Professional (powered by Informz) helps you attract and retain members efficiently and effectively.

Learn more about Marketing Automation Professional

Elizabeth A.
Staff Vice President, Marketing
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/11/2018

"Like hiring an extra staff member...or two"

Pros: It can do so much if you know what to do with it. The automation can be like having extra staff, and the targeting abilities, especially when tied to your database, are a huge path to success.

Cons: Some of the modules are a little slow right now as they go through a transition, but the communication on the work that's being done to fix it has been great. Very transparent.

Philip G.
Senior manager, marketing and communications
  • Reviewed on 08/12/2016

"Informz goes with me wherever I go"

Comments: I have been an Informz user for about eight years now. I first used it at my old place of employment and liked it so much that I made a strong business case for my current company to switch email platforms. From my experience, no other email marketing platform can compare to not only the easy-to-use platform and functionality but to the true customer support they provide. They assign a representative to each account and that representative is always there to help us out - big or small! Informz is always staying on top of the trends and laying out new features to an already existing amazing platform! We love Informz!

Pros: Always on top of trends. Customer support. Superior functionality.

Cons: Sometimes slow lag time.

Lori M.
Director of Membership
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2018

"Informz offers many features, and is completely iMIS-friendly."

Pros: Informz is very iMIS-compatible, more so in my opinion than other marketing software out there. Informz staff was helpful in setting up the initial iMIS bridge, and from there the information writes over automatically into the iMIS database without our users having to take additional steps.

Cons: It's a bit wonky to use. Cut/Paste options don't keep any formatting or hyperlinks. Adding photos is a little tedious if your article doesn't already have a photo placeholder.

• Reviewed on 12/07/2018
Lorna S.
Membership Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2017

"Want the best? Get Informz."

Comments: Informz has been a great tool for our association. By using Informz we are able to efficiently send emails to all of our members and easily track how many are opened. The customer support team is amazing. Every one of them is knowledgeable, friendly, and always able to help with my questions. This software is very easy to use. Once you learn the main functions you can go on to design creative and functional mailings. Great tool!

Pros: ability to create innovative emails and the ability to see how effective your emails are (with regard to are they being opened? are people clicking to other places within them?)

Cons: it can be a little intimidating at first - the new website helps that a bit

Casey E.
Higher Education, 11-50 Employees

"Simple and Easy"

Comments: Informz is extremely user-friendly and great for anyone who has never used or worked with an e-mail client. It's visually pleasing and easy to navigate. Informz is constantly rolling out new features and has all of the capabilities necessary for a business. Not to mention that they are super quick and friendly regarding customer service and support. Best e-mail client I've ever worked with and I wouldn't go back!

Pros: Easy to use.
Great customer support.
Constantly updating.

Cons: Doesn't link with some customer management programs we use.

Cathy M.
Webmaster
Renewables & Environment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/12/2016

"Great software with out-of-this-world Customer Support"

Comments: We have been using Informz since 2013. From initial set-up to integrating with our membership system, to any questions along the way - no matter how big or small, their staff is very knowledgeable, responsive, and friendly. Every call helps us resolve problems and offers us ideas for reaching our members in more productive ways. The statistics provided regarding all aspects of each mailing are very helpful in improving member communication. Our whole office is very happy with Informz.

Pros: Very powerful integrates seamlessly with our membership system, offers a number of tests and reviews before the mailings go out to minimize "oops" mailings to thousands of members.

Cons: Slightly complicated learning curve, but that is only because of the numerous features packed in.

Lisa S.
Managing DIrector, Marketing Services
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/12/2016

"What would I do without?"

Comments: While it is true that I've never used any other email distribution system, I would have to quit my job if Informz went away. It is central to my ability to communicate with our members. The model of having assigned account support reps is great. We use Informz, in conjunction, with iMIS. It is a smooth area of our business.

Pros: Ease of use

David N.
Research and Data Manager
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/06/2017

"I have been using it for 5 years and love it."

Pros: Easily track metrics on my mailings/surveys. I like the way it tracks subscribers and those that have previously unsubscribed.

Cons: Doesn't interact with Simpleview. Doesn't interact with Simpleview. Doesn't interact with Simpleview.

• Reviewed on 02/06/2017
Membership Manager
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/11/2018

"Marketing Automation Notification of problems"

Comments: I an getting into more complex campaigns and it is exciting.

Pros: I love the functionality and ability to have multiple mailing options.

Cons: There is no notification to the administrator if it stops working for some reason. Due to some updates my campaign stopped and I didn't know it. Even if the stop was a choice, the creator should get a confirmation email.

Theresa B.
Membership Manager

"Informz Review"

Comments: Informz is so easy to use. The customer support we receive from our account manager is great. Answers any questions we have very promptly and very pleasant to talk to. Love all the different reports you can get after an email is sent.

Pros: Report functions

Sue R.

"Forward-thinking company"

Comments: The best thing about Informz is its staff is relentless when it comes to making the product better. It's as if they anticipate what you're about to ask for, and announce the enhancement (addition, etc.) before you can get around to asking. Informz is genuinely interested in customer feedback and uses that feedback to improve the product. Training is offered regularly and at no cost, and you can find an answer to almost any question in the extensive knowledge base.

Pros: I like that it integrates with our association management system, which removes the burdensome list-maintenance chore.

Cons: That I don't have enough time to use it to its full potential!

Amy H.
  • Reviewed on 11/04/2016

"Great product with awesome customer service and partnership"

Comments: I have been using Informz for almost 6 years at two different organizations. What keeps me a customer is their Advisor team - your own personal contact to who knows your mission and goals. To have guidance and advice that is focused on bettering your email communications program is worth its weight in gold. No 800 number with a tech who doesn't understand what I need.
The ease of use is also important. Each semester an intern learns and manages my newsletters and the training is flawless. I jokingly tell people a monkey could build a newsletter using Informz.
Lastly, I really like their marketing automation program. Member onboarding, annual meeting information and renewals are being sent and I don't have to worry about it unless the system emails me to tell me someone isn't engaging or unless my message needs to change. It was easy to set up in Informz, but it did take me a little time to get my act together to execute. Now that it is running, I don't know how I did it before.
Defiantly one of the best email marketing programs that I have used in the association world.

• Reviewed on 11/04/2016
Courtney W.
Marketing Coordinator

"Excellent Customer Service"

Comments: I have worked with a couple of different email marketing systems and Informz has by far the best customer service and experience. Our advisor is always readily accessible when needed. I enjoy the regular webinars that keep me up-to-date on new features as well. An excellent value for an excellent service.

Pros: It is very easy to use and when I do have an issue, I know that it will be resolved or addressed very quickly.

Cons: There is a slight learning curve on features that are new to me, but once I learn more about it, it becomes pretty easy to use.

Megan R.
AD, Programs & Sponsorship
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2016

"Easy to use content platform with outstanding service"

Comments: We use Informz 2-3 times per month to deliver messages to our extensive content list. The platform is intuitive and provides professional messaging that supports our branding. Customer service is outstanding, we have a dedicated contact that is easily reachable and incredibly responsive. Highly recommend Informz as an association or corporate email messaging platform.

Pros: Easy to use
Professional template
Exceptional reporting functionality
Customer service

Cons: Our template has some weird HTML coding which we have to override the CSS in all hyperlinks or they are too light to see.

Jaime M.
  • Reviewed on 09/12/2016

"Good, Better, Best"

Comments: I like to joke with my colleagues that "Informz makes me look good," but it's really true. Informz gives me the tools I need to do my job, and do it really well. Informz gives me concrete data that I can take back to my leadership so that we can make better-informed decisions and move our company forward. Informz makes building emails simple so that I can build more of them and in less time -- sometimes I don't even have to think about the emails I'm sending because Informz takes care of that for me. Informz is constantly bettering its product so that I can constantly better my products. I feel very strongly about Informz as a product, and it is one of my absolute favorite things to recommend to marketers. Having Informz means that my organization can communicate better, and that means we do better business.

• Reviewed on 09/12/2016
Kelli R.
Membership and Marketing Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/12/2016

"I'm so glad that we switched to Informz!"

Comments: We switched from one platform to Informz last year. I was a little hesitant at first because I was so comfortable with the system that we were using. I am so glad that we switched, though! It has been a fantastic experience. The customer service with Nick has been wonderful. Our members love our weekly newsletters. But the best thing for us is...our open rates and click-through rates have increased! We're super pleased!

Pros: Intuitive, user-friendly, customer service rocks!

Jamie C.
Member Engagement Director

"Informz Product Review"

Comments: The entire Informz team is very knowledgeable and helpful, and our dedicated advisor has been wonderful! I can't think of one idea we've come up with that Informz couldn't make a reality. Definitely, recommend this software.

Pros: The ease of use and helpful support team.

Michelle H.
Director of Shared Learning
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2016

"Great software and reporting functionality with somewhat of a learning curve for newbies."

Comments: I appreciate all the features and functionality of Informz. It was difficult for me to learn how to use it as I don't know HTML and I've never done newsletters. There are so many options it was overwhelming to me. Now that I have invested time and effort into it, it works well for us.

Pros: The reporting.

Cons: Image sizing, banners, spacing, padding, popouts, and more...it's confusing!

Deirdre D.
Communications Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2017

"Great experience"

Comments: Everything has been smooth running on Informz. The depth of data we're able to gather has been extremely helpful and informative.

• Reviewed on 14/02/2017
Julia H.
Financial Accountant and Database Associate
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2017

"Very Well Developed Program"

Comments: We have been using Informz for eight years. The program was well developed and designed. All the modules are easy to use and configure. Our account service representative was very helpful. With his help, we have successfully set up new mailings, review different reports and access IMIS queries & data directly from Informz platform.

Pros: user-friendly platform

Beth A.
Director, Marketing
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2016

"My secret weapon"

Comments: The software is incredibly robust, and when combined with our iMIS database, becomes a formidable force for targeted marketing with amazing analytics far beyond just email. But the customer service makes it ten times better. The Informz team is truly an extension of my marketing department, from my wonderful, helpful advisor to all the tips and niformation they put out. I love working with them!

• Reviewed on 25/04/2016
Shannon P.

"Customer Support Rocks"

Comments: The interface can be a bit tedious at times but not terrible by any means. The best thing is the customer support. Our rep was out of town but we still got a notification from someone filling in for him that there was an error with one of our major mailings. Super helpful that they monitored everything!

Amanda R.

"GREAT SOFTWARE!"

Comments: When we transitioned to Informz from another email marketing software, the transition was smooth, my Advisor was friendly and extremely helpful, and the training met my expectations. I am always appreciative at the timely response I receive when reaching out for assistance.

Eddie R.

"Informz Review"

Comments: I've been using Informz for a few years and I've been quite pleased. It's fairly easy to learn and navigate. I would recommend it to others.

Lauren H.

"Pleased with Informz"

Comments: Have been pleased with the product and especially pleased with the service we receive from our sales rep.