• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.7 /5
    4.3 /5

About PayPal

From payments to credit to fraud protection, PayPal Commerce Platform helps you meet your customers where they are.

Learn more about PayPal

Showing 19,341 reviews

Lisa P.
Self employed
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 13/01/2021

"PayPal review"

Comments: Since integrating PayPal with my personal and business affairs my life has been less stressful. I never go to a bank anymore because there is no need as PayPal has made everything available for online transactions. Overall my experience has been extremely helpful and relieves the amount of stress caused by financial transactions and banking.

Pros: PayPal has been a life saver to me as it makes money transfers and online transactions easy and fast with no wait time. Navigation through PayPal is so simple a five year old could do it. I am able to do business with all my other business colleagues on or offline effortless. There is even an option for automatic transfer so it’s a complete no brained. Also investing in cryptocurrency with the touch of a finger is absolutely brilliant. Instead of your money just sitting there you can invest it and watch it grow.

Cons: To be honest there is nothing I can say about PayPal that they could improve on except maybe more businesses should use them so as to be as accessible as say Visa or MasterCard however I have noticed that is rapidly changing so really I have no complaints thus far and I have used PayPal for a couple of years now.

• Reviewed on 13/01/2021
George A.
Accountant
Banking, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2021

"PayPal a stress-free mode of paying and receiving"

Comments: Overall paypal has been a good software for my usage such as easy access, very good for payment and receiving payments

Pros: Easy access to the software
Friendly to use
Doesn't need a technical help more often
Very convenient
Easy access everywhere with you

Cons: Issues with pre-approved payments & subscriptions sometimes

• Reviewed on 16/01/2021
Gil P.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2021

"Easy Payment Solution"

Comments: I use PayPal to collect and send money. It is extremely reliable.

Pros: PayPal is extremely easy to deploy on your website. It is flexible enough to serve a wide variety of needs.

Cons: Frankly, there are not any obvious features missing in the software! The "Pay and Get Paid" section could be a little more intuitive, but that's about it.

• Reviewed on 14/02/2021
Archna S.
Special Correspondent
Media Production, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2021

"PayPal is my only choice for international payments."

Pros: I like the popularity of PayPal and that it has a huge user base, so if the support team isn't helping on time we can still get help from the PayPal user community.
PayPal is the most secured global payments gateway and nothing unauthentic can happen with our funds. With years of experience with PayPal, I can say that the website of PayPal is very responsive and very well made that can never crash or cause issues because of its very good optimization.
The PayPal app for mobile devices is also very secure, has all the required features, runs very fast and has a great user friendly interface.
When I work as a freelancer for overseas clients, PayPal is my only choice to receive payments and because PayPal supports a lot of currencies, I can receive money in any currency and get it converted to my local currency.
PayPal can also be integrated with our organization's websites very easily with its API integration technology. Our organization also uses PayPal to pay for international shipments of goods and inventories for our organization.
I use PayPal to make payments for various international services, I can hide my payment info and card details from non-trusted merchants by paying through PayPal. Another best thing is that I get Buyer Protection, means PayPal will help me if my transaction goes wrong or if the service or item I received is damaged or not satisfactory to me.
There's a feature by which I can request money from anyone using their email ID linked with PayPal.

Cons: PayPal is best fitted for sending and receiving funds internationally, but is not as good for Domestic Payments because it is very less popular among local vendors and merchants in India. The currency conversion rate of PayPal is also very high and we have to face a huge loss when receiving money internationally. There's also a big problem with PayPal that is, it suspends our accounts temporarily if we use a new device to login or a new IP address and getting our account back to working takes really a lot of time. Their Support service is also very poor, most of the times they just copy paste solutions from their own FAQs and most of the solutions aren't even relevant to our queries. I wonder if they even read our queries properly.

• Reviewed on 26/02/2021
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2021

"Great to Use as a Freelancer"

Comments: It's a site and tool that I've been using for years and will continue to do so. For international purchases, it quickly connects your bank account and you can pay with a few clicks which makes life so much easier. From my experience, it's also safe and will be great if it gets introduced as a payment method by more local stores as well. If you're looking for a quick and easy way to move your money or pay online, highly recommended.

Pros: I used PayPal for years in getting money earned from Fiverr to my local bank account. It's such an easy and straightforward tool that I always recommended it to other sellers as well, as opposed to one of the competitors which at the time had very limited features. Easy to use, user-friendly and works great in making that connection between freelancing platforms and bank accounts. Even more, I also used it a lot in ordering online as it was very advantageous when I didn't want to wait for the bank to process the transfer..

Cons: Although I rarely had issues with PayPal, I did one time experience a very difficult situation as my account had to be verified by bank statements or bills that should show the address that I live at with my name on it. The bank that I was working on didn't have that option to include address and as a student at the time I didn't have any bills with the address on my name which made it very difficult. Took a lot of back and forth with customer support which is why I would recommend to have more options available to verify users rather than the standard ones which don't apply to any location world wide. However, this was just one time issue and every other interaction with PayPal has been highly positive.

• Reviewed on 27/02/2021
Tyler W.
Graphic Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2021

"Has everything you need but can be more efficient when navigating"

Comments: Overall PayPal is great for business and personal needs, but can definitely use a few tweaks to further enhance the users experience. I would highly recommend it for anyone to use.

Pros: I love and rely on the "quick links" on the dashboard, as the icons help make things quick and easy to navigate to where you need to go. I almost exclusively use these buttons as opposed to the top menu bar, as it doesn't feel the most user friendly. Sending invoices work very well providing plenty of options. You enter in your clients information, and have the choice to save as a draft, copy the link to the invoice, or send to their email. Having these options are so vital, because each client may have different preferences. Transferring money to friends and family is 100% free of charge, and very easy to use (especially on the mobile app). So many marketplaces and online shops nowadays have PayPal integrated which is great, as it can speed up the checkout process, while providing an extra layer of protection from your card or other payment methods being compromised you wouldn't have otherwise.

Cons: Page load time can feel slow, if the time can be cut it'd be more pleasant to use. The interface on the dashboard can feel cluttered at times, this makes it a bit difficult to find exactly what I need. Some of the menus I feel can be simplified / optimized. No dark mode option. I use PayPal at night quite often and having this can make it easier on the eyes. No built-in PayPal transaction fee estimator / calculator. I'd love to see how much PayPal will take from the total transaction of a business invoice. I always find myself using a third party tool to calculate the fees, which takes time away from getting invoices out quick. The money in / money out side panel on the dashboard. I feel it can be combined into one, and don't care much for the "At a glance" displaying recent invoices section as I normally go to the manage invoice page to see everything I need. No "Send Money" button below balance. Would love to see an additional button right below the PayPal balance box on the dashboard, and have it labeled as "Send Money"

• Reviewed on 08/02/2021
Tiffany J.
Owner, Jewelry Designer, Website Designer, Jewelry Maker,
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2021

"Prefer PayPal over any other online bank/money transfer software!"

Comments: Overall, I love PayPal. I have recommended this product to literally everyone I know, and will continue to do so, and definitely continue using it, for both business and personal services.

Pros: I actually use PayPal for both personal and business accounts. Basically, they are the most full service software that I can find for everything I need from a bank. To me, they are way more than a bank or just a money transfer/pre-paid account. It's incredibly easy to use, from set up, to any added outside accounts, sending and transferring money to your account, and receiving money as well. Any money movement takes place in literally seconds. The fact that there is buyer and seller protection for purchasing online is fantastic. PayPal was actually what got me to start finally shipping online, because I trust the software.

Cons: The only thing I can think of is that it seems to be slightly difficult to remove websites/vendors from the automated payments processing. Sometimes it doesn't remove them. Also, I wish they sent warnings of payments about to be taken out.

• Reviewed on 31/01/2021
Michael N.
Marketing Export
Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/01/2021

"Simple payment provider, but with some limitations"

Comments: In general, we are nevertheless satisfied with PayPal. The service offers numerous payment methods (depending on the country) such as PayPal, credit card, bank transfer/Klarna, etc. The fees are higher than with other providers, but the service (especially the PayPal Express Checkout button) is simple and easy to set up - even for the inexperienced users with a little training.

Pros: Signing up for PayPal Business is very easy, you have to provide some information about the business (owner, address, ownership shares, etc.) and you are ready to go. PayPal Business can be connected to existing shop solutions, or you can create a "PayPal Checkout" button yourself. We only wanted to sell one product, so we chose Paypal because of the Express Checkout button. With simple clicks you can specify design, price, VAT, etc. and receive a code snippet which you can easily integrate into an existing website.
The PayPal dashboard shows all the information about orders, allows you to add tracking information, etc. Transferring the amount to your own bank account is also very easy.
PayPal is offering a community support centre where you can find answers to almost any question you might have when trying to get started with PayPal Business.

Cons: As simple and popular as PayPal is, some things were incomprehensible to us:
- Getting started: even though PayPal offers extensive documentation for developers, it is hard to find your way around as a beginner at first. PayPal could be interesting especially for people who don't want to invest in a real shop and want to add a payment option for e.g. 2-3 products on their website with a few simple steps. Nevertheless, we have struggled with some problems (see below).
- Sandbox mode: this is a test environment which allows to test payments etc. How to exit the sandbox mode when creating the "code" was not properly described anywhere. In the sandbox mode, we were also unable to test whether buyers receive confirmation emails on the payments (this is also not described anywhere else) and what these look like.
- Blocked balance and tracking: PayPal blocks the paid money at the beginning, because PayPal wants to make sure that we are serious sellers. This is also ok. By providing the tracking information, the money is released within 1-2 days. We shipped via DHL, but DHL is not supported by PayPal as a parcel service, so we had to specify "Other" -> "DHL" (entered manually). However, the buyer received an email with the tracking number which was sent by "Other", which caused confusion among consumers.
- Support: the support usually answered our mails only after 1 week and without mail with added value. The mails were standard answers.

• Reviewed on 06/01/2021
Castro M.
IT Consultant
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2020

"Best for Online Money Transfer"

Comments: My overall experience using PayPal has been awesome. I have managed to do online transactions with people located from different parts of the world. With PayPal, I can now do business with clients from any part of the world as I am assured of instant payments from PayPal.

Pros: I like how secure PayPal is. This means that your money is only accessible to you and you alone. If anyone tries to log in to your PayPal account, PayPal with alert you immediately and they will even require the person logging into your account to verify themselves. I also like the fact that transactions on PayPal are instant. Once the sender clicks on send, the recipient receives that money immediately without any delays. For users residing in Kenya, PayPal has partnered with Safaricom's M-pesa. This makes it easy for them to withdraw money from PayPal to M-pesa, which is also instant. I also like the fact that I can link my local bank with PayPal and be able to withdraw my money from PayPal to bank.

Cons: What I like least about PayPal is the way they temporarily hold your money for no reason even if it is from a genuine source. This is not good at all. Some times someone might receive money send during an emergency and then PayPal just decides to hold it for 24 hours. I also do not like how PayPal suspends users accounts. If they are to do so, then it would have been good they get enough evidence before closing the accounts. Sometimes these accounts might be closed with money on them. It gets difficult convincing them to give you the money that was saved there before the account was suspended.

• Reviewed on 17/12/2020
Joseph K.
Producer
Media Production, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/11/2020

"Paypal now does Cryptocurrency!"

Comments: The only complete I've ever had with PayPal is they have horrible customer service. Often you have to leave a message that goes unanswered for weeks at a time. If you lose your PayPal card, I'll report it stolen, it's almost impossible to get them to issue a new one.
Without the card though, I've used it on every website that I buy things on. Almost every major online retailer, allows for a PayPal sign in. Sales are easy, and you can even use cards that you have linked to the account, when your PayPal balance is low.
I do recommend that you keep your phone number and emails constantly updated on your Paypal account. Often times these are roadblocks when trying to verify for online purchases. If your phone number is not right it will not send you the OTP, that is used to verify your identity.
I would actually recommend PayPal to friends. Especially the ones that are ignorant of cryptocurrency like I was. I believe it's going to be a great trading tool for the future.

Pros: I've been a user of PayPal for years. Not only is it helped me make many of payments online, it's help me pay my friends when they were in a jam, and even buy things off of total strangers on forums.
with PayPal you can send money with a couple clicks, or touches depending on the interface you use.
The PayPal mobile app allows for fingerprint unlocking, which has made it even easier to use.

Cons: I like that PayPal now allows you to buy cryptocurrency. I have often wondered about getting into this world and buying some, yet I was too afraid of all the fancy wallets, and terminologies.
Now with the same ease that you use to pay friends or online bills, PayPal allows you to buy and sell, four different types of cryptocurrency.
With my PayPal app alone I've made more than $50 this week.

• Reviewed on 30/11/2020
Sarah O.
Marketing Coordinator
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2020

"Great for both businesses and personal use!"

Comments: PayPal is one of the best commerce software out there for both business and personal use. Their online website and mobile app are both very easy to use, when both paying and requesting payments. PayPal has been my go-to payment method for over 10 years, and I've never had any big issues with it. I've always receive payments to my bank accounts within a timely manner, and their customer service team is very helpful as well.

Pros: PayPal is one of the commerce platforms I have used for the longest time. I've used it both for businesses and personal use, and it's never let me down. It's super easy to send money to individuals both on their website and mobile app, and I love that you can write specific notes within each payment. It links seamlessly to your bank accounts, and I always receive payouts quickly. When requesting payments, I love the "reminder" feature where you can politely nudge someone for a payment. It's also easy to pull historical statements for accounting purposes.

Cons: It's annoying that there are transaction fees when you have a business account, though this is not something you can avoid with any e-commerce platform. They all charge fees, but PayPal is actually reasonably priced and competitive compared to other platforms like Stripe or Square, so it's not a huge negative aspect of the platform. My personal PayPal has also been hacked before through eBay back in 2015. There was an unknown foreign charge on there, which was a little concerning since PayPal is linked to my bank accounts. Luckily PayPal customer service was able to refund me the amount and help me set up two-step authentication for security purposes. I have not gotten hacked since!

• Reviewed on 13/10/2020
Pedro T.
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2020

"The Global Solution - but not the best"

Comments: As someone who likes to solve problems and its willing to work around technicalities to make things work, PayPal has been a very decent experience. As I mentioned, I really miss some key features regarding recurring billing and checkout customization but, as an overall, it is an amazing platform.

Pros: What I really like about PayPal is that it is available in almost any country in the world and works with almost any existing credit card. It's also a great payment option because it has no initial upfront costs, which means that anyone can start using it right away. If, for some reason, you cannot have the money transferred to your local bank, PayPal will transfer the money to any dollar card you might have within two days. The fact that you can also embed it to your website or smartphone app is also great. You can also create a PayPal.me checkout, which will allow you to charge anyone any amount you need to charge in a quick and simple way by via a link you can share.

Cons: I think that the user interface is not the easiest to understand at all. PayPal also lacks on features when it comes to, for example, recurring billing systems (recently, they tried to improved it but the generated codes - to embed on a website - generated an error, which is something unbelievable coming from such a giant technological company), and the options to charge or personalize the icons are not the best neither.
The $5 (per transaction) and 5% commission of the total amount you are transferring are not the lowest on the market neither. This is only compensated by the fact that they are the most globally accepted payment platform in the world.
Finally, customer service doesn't exist at all and you must solve almost every problem and question by yourself. Google and forums are your only source of help. This is, probably, one of the worst things about PayPal. What happens if they freeze your money and you cannot withdraw it? No one knows.

• Reviewed on 24/07/2020
Ross Y.
PM
Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2020

"#1 solution for non-credit card payments"

Comments: Robust payment solution for both personal and business use. Fast, secure and used widely across the US. Less popular in other countries and has issues with customer support, but overall this is still the industry standard for payments other than via credit cards.

Pros: I use PP for both personal and business purposes.
Personal:
1. Extremely easy to use: simple interface, intuitive functions.
2. Send money to friends, receive money from friends - transferring money among people via PP has become as natural as finding information on Google.
3. Apps are very high quality, stable and reliable
Business:
1. Payments collection: PP has a great reputation for use on websites that don't instill a lot of confidence. Which is basically any website that is not Amazon, Walmart and maybe a few others. My business falls into the category of "unknown", which automatically makes customers reluctant to pay with a credit card. PayPal is the way to go, about 60% of all transactions on my website are done via PP.
2. Invoice functionality is great - especially with the reminder feature.
3. Even for people who don't have PP, it offers an option to pay w/Credit Card through the PP interface.
4. Integrations with other services (besides Venmo) are great. For example, integration with Woocommerce / Wordpress.
5. The option of a credit/debit card is fantastic.

Cons: 1. Customer support is terrible. Usually everything goes great, but if there's a problem - good luck trying to get it resolved. If Amazon is around 10 on the customer support scale, PP is closer to 2 or 3.
2. PP is not popular in other parts of the world besides the US, which makes it difficult to have business with other countries. For example, it would be almost impossible to pay an Easter Europe freelancer.
3. Business reporting is buggy. The reports seem to be disconnected from reality or just don't show the needed info.
4. Some features on the website are buggy or lacking, for example transactions search: you can't just search by a sub-string of a keyword. First, you need to select a category (first name, last name, email, etc), then you have to write the whole term. Unnecessarily cumbersome and so 2001.
5. Zero synergies from Venmo integration. You'd think that owning Venmo would make it easy to use the same login and other features across the two products. Wrong - those are still two separate services with no cross-integrations whatsoever.

• Reviewed on 23/04/2020
Emeka O.
Digital Marketing Trainer
  • Reviewed on 30/12/2019

"A Widely Used Payment Processor"

Comments: I use PayPal to make payments for goods and services for my business. It's also used to accept payments. Generally, PayPal is a cool payment processor.

Pros: I like PayPal for some reasons. Among the reasons for which I like PayPal include: 1. Ability to make payments without exposing my credit card details: Credit card fraud and identity theft is a trending menace nowadays. One is at a very high risk of having his/her credit card information stolen when the card is used on insecure websites. With PayPal I don't have to bother about my credit card information as I only have to sign in to my PayPal account and then proceed to making payment without having to expose my credit card information on the third-party website. 2. Ability to receive payment using only an email address: I love it that I can use my verified PayPal account's email address to receive money from anyone with a PayPal account. 3. Ability to integrate PayPal payment processor without much technicalities involves: I was able to integrate the PayPal payment processor to my ecommerce website in just a few minutes without having to do much technical stuffs. 4. Moderate payment processing charges: The charges by PayPal while using their payment gateway is moderate compared to that of some other payment processors. I had tried using a payment processor whose charges were quite high.

Cons: I have some problems with PayPal. One of the problems is that PayPal is not available is some countries, and this is a limitation to expanding to such countries. Secondly, PayPal have an history of limiting people's accounts for some hard to understand reasons. The issue is that once an account is limited, it is very hard or impossible to get back the money in the account.

• Reviewed on 30/12/2019
Katherine L.
LPC
Mental Health Care, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2019

"Ease of collecting payments from clients via PayPal for sole practitioner"

Comments: Accepting payments from clients was easy. Transferring money from PayPal to my personal accounts was easy. I really enjoyed using PayPal for my business needs for the time that I did, however I was using a paper health records system in conjunction with PayPal, so when I transferred over to an electronic health records system, the EHR included a payment functionality that streamlines with client appointments, notes, etc. I prefer PayPal's operations over the one I'm using now, except for the streamlined and connected functionality of the EHR payment system.

Pros: The variety of options in what to do with the money held in PayPal after a payment was made. This included an instant transfer to my personal bank account for a reasonable fee, a standard transfer to my bank account for zero fee that would happen in a couple business days, or even just leaving the money in PayPal to be used for other things. My Uber and Lyft accounts were linked to PayPal for payment, as well as Netflix, Spotify, Groupon, and other things. I always knew where my money was, there was no wondering how long it would take to transfer from one account to another.

Cons: I was unable to accept HSA or FSA cards. I also did not have a physical card reader so my clients were either downloading PayPal in order to pay via transfer to me, or I was creating an invoice where they could then enter in a card number. As a clinician, I didn't like that it felt as though I was asking them to download an app, even though the flexibility was actually there if they chose not to do so. I would have also liked the option to add a 'cash payment completed' option on an outstanding invoice. There was actually very little that I did not like about PayPal however.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2019
Orlando B.
business Administration
Internet, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2019

"A safe and simple platform for online shopping"

Comments: PayPal was the first electronic payment platform I used, it was very easy for me to start using it. Thanks to this valuable platform, I can shop online, pay for services and also receive money when selling an administrative product or service. It is very safe and reliable, I use PayPal a lot because it is accepted in almost all internet pages.

Pros: PayPal has many positive things, I can receive and send money from anywhere in the world. With PayPal I can buy on EBay safely and instantly. There are also many websites that accept PayPal as a form of payment. In addition, I can send money to my family and friends. It is very easy to open an account and send and receive money, you only need the email of the other person and that's it, the money arrives instantly. Even if you have an associated PayPal bank account, you can withdraw the money to that account. Something I like is that I can create an invoice, customize it and send it to a customer. I can associate my debit or credit card with the account and that way I can make payments online without revealing the card details. The technical support is good, they try to help you when you have a problem, although I think they should improve a bit.

Cons: The bad thing about PayPal is that it is very delicate and for any suspicious reason they can limit the account, that is, you cannot send money to another person. That sometimes happens when you enter the account with another IP or in another country. If that happens you have to contact support and many times it takes too long to solve the problem. I would also like PayPal to have a chat system, that way you can solve problems that arise quickly.

• Reviewed on 31/10/2019
Suzan P.
Sr. Business Development Manager
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/06/2019

"Paypal Business Review"

Comments: Overall, I've been a customer of paypal for over 10 years. I like their invoicing system, and how it tracks everything for you. It gives ease of access when you go into Paypal and you need to search for and track payment or invoice records. That's awesome. I am not a fan of the customer service that paypal has. Each time I call for help to try to fix an issue I'm having, I end up getting off the call more confused. They need to train their rep's better. I've had instances where I've had to call about the same issue multiple times, and each time I called about the exact same issue, I have been given different explanations, and also been told to do different things to 'correct' the issues, and 9 times out of 10, the issue isn't resolved. If you call with a simple issue, the rep's seem to be able to help ok though.

Pros: I like a couple things about Paypal. I mostly like the mobile app that they offer, because it gives you ease of access when your on the go. I also like that Paypal has started integrating new partnerships like Venmo. I really like how easy and instantly you're able to transfer paypal funds into your bank account.

Cons: With the new partnership/integrated apps that they have, like Venmo, and Greendot, they aren't a two-way street. For instance, you can't transfer money from Venmo over to paypal, or at least I tried, and it was extremely confusing how they have everything set up.

• Reviewed on 04/06/2019
Monique K.
Web Designer
Online Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2019

"A great tool for any size business, but also for the average Joe to send money to a friend for tix."

Comments: My overall experience with PayPal as a buyer is very positive. I am happy that it is easy to use and I am protected. As a seller/business, my experience is mostly positive. I enjoy the features, the ease, and the trustworthiness as an option to my customers. However, it is difficult (near impossible) to use when you have someone using the PayPal software to get refunds.

Pros: There are so many pros. I use this software as a business, to help set-up other businesses to accept online payments, but I also use it as a person. Let me explain, I use it to send money to friends to pay for my half of our concert tickets. I use it to pay my mom back for the loan she gave me. My mom uses it to send me money if there are emergencies. One of the biggest pros is that it is easy. PayPal is by far the easiest to use, after it is set-up. You can have all your bank accounts, cards, etc. all in one place. I do not have to have my wallet handy. Checkout is a breeze. It is the same experience across any store, and any place that uses PayPal. As a business, it is trusted, and that is a huge plus. They are hugely protective of buyers, which makes you feel safe using it. Continually, there are tools like invoicing, website button codes, abilities to send reminders, or monthly auto-payment requests. The possibilities as a business and a regular 'person' are endless. I use this software daily. I even sometimes use it as a sort of 'bank account' and use the attached debit card.

Cons: The same thing that is a pro, is actually a con, though from the seller's perspective. Frankly, because the buyer protections are so strict, it can mean that money is taken from your account as a seller, without your consent. It is very difficult to regain that money. A seller must take photos, videos, and keep stellar documentation to protect themselves. The actual process itself is a bit cumbersome and not the easiest to find. A second "con" is the fees. Obviously it costs money to process credit cards, but the fees do get to be a bit excessive. However, they are competitive in terms of how much they charge.

• Reviewed on 28/05/2019
Humberto C.
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2019

"PayPal Excellent Method to Receive Payments"

Comments: Since I started my freelancer career 4 years ago I used PayPal to receive payments from my clients. I have never had problems receiving payments and everyone accepts this platform to make them. Currently there are many methods that can be much better, these can be cryptocurrencies or other methods such as Uphoald, Payeer or Skrill. However, if you are starting to receive multiple payments PayPal is the best option, since the registration is free, the verification of your account is quite simple and the limitations are practically nil.

Pros: PayPal is a payment platform that is easy to install and use
Your customers are probably already familiar with PayPal
You do not need a merchant account
You can receive payments from any client. They do not need to have a PayPal account
You can create very elegant and personalized payment formats
PayPal charges are lower than some merchant accounts
You can configure recurring payments (if you need it)
PayPal can be easily integrated into any shopping cart system
It is a platform that offers secure transactions for both sellers and buyers
Payments are fast, safe and convenient
You have the possibility to request a refund, after having transferred to another account (2 times I have done it successfully, your response is very fast, timely and efficient)

Cons: Regarding digital products, they are not covered by seller protection policies
The rates for Chargebacks can be very high
Although it has not happened to me personally, I know cases of users who have had their account suspended. Your funds have been frozen for months
Although it is a platform received in many payment systems, there is a large number of people who refuse to use PayPal. This can be limiting when doing business with these clients
Personally, I consider it a limitation that you can not transfer money from PayPal to other systems such as Payoneer, Paytm, Payeer, etc.

• Reviewed on 12/05/2019
Danyale N.
Graphic Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2019

"Best Way To Pay In This Century"

Comments: I have been using this software, website and app for over 10 years now if not longer. I have never had one issue with them that was not solved. I will never leave them as a valued customer.

Pros: Paypal is such a trusted source from the website to their app. They are easy to setup, anyone with a bank account can do this in 10 minutes maximum. They keep all your information secure and encrypted. They have to be the best way to get paid online as well as send money anywhere in the world. I can send money in seconds to my bank account as well as my fiance when he is overseas. It is good in business format which I have gotten to use as well. I even get a credit card so I can use it like any other debit card out and about. They also have a option for paypal credit for people that have shown loyalty and have descent enough credit not perfect but income to pay back they give you the chance. They are better than any loan company and their interests are much lower as well. You can use paypal to sell things with or just friends and family. You can have anyone anywhere send you money with just a simple link to your account which makes things easier to take donations. They have tools to use like for your websites and such as well. The customer service is amazing. They are spot on and go out of their way to help you with whatever issue you have. They also are fast to fix a fraudulent company taking money from you. Had this happen in the past after I got off the phone with them it was back in my paypal and they took care of the rest. This is a company that has showed me they value their customers. Anyone who wants a company they can trust with their money Paypal is it.

Cons: If you plan to use with any adult nature with this company it is not allowed. If it is any adult themed so if you look for to use for the adult industry jobs then you might have to look elsewhere. This is the only con I have yet to find.

• Reviewed on 08/02/2019
Luis ignacio C.
Diseñador gráfico
  • Reviewed on 19/04/2019

"The new payment method that revolutionizes commerce."

Comments: Many of my clients forget to make the payment once the work is finished, it is one of the strengths that I have found with PayPal, it is enough to make use of their friendly reminders to get the clients to pay for the services. One of the aspects that have benefited me the most, being in a country with economic particularities, is receiving payments without restrictions and without large intermediaries, it is an exclusive channel between clients and me. The biggest benefit I have received when using PayPal services is to be able to accept all the clients that arrive through the different communication channels that I have assets, all use PayPal as a means of effective payment.

Pros: As a freelancer, as a digital entrepreneur, I really like the facilities that PayPal offers to receive payments for my services. It is the best that exists, I can receive payments from different parts of the world, which helps me to attract new customers without the limitation of the payment method as a barrier. Another aspect that I like very much is to be able to cancel services and other necessary payments in many of the platforms that I use to improve my professional curriculum or to acquire products that will improve the quality of my work.

Cons: The services offered are the best, there are some aspects that can improve, especially if they explain how customers can avoid blockages to the charged balance. I would like to see a lot more didactic material that users can consult in order to avoid those recurring messages that I have read, from the rest I think it is the best option that can be found in the market, it is the most used and the most accepted.

• Reviewed on 19/04/2019
John H.
Publisher
Publishing, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2020

"Paypal Can Service and Protect You and Your Business"

Comments: Our overall experience with Paypal has been excellent. We have used it as a business for billing and for individual use and are completely satisfied with it.

Pros: We have been using Paypal for years and the results have been great, giving us security and even saving money. With Paypal you can make online purchases and even receive and send money. It is extremely flexible and easy to use. The great thing about Paypal is its security. Often you will be given the online option of paying with Paypal or using a debit or credit card. However, with debit and credit cards you are exposing your card data such as the card's number, and more, like the authorization pin on the back of the card. With Paypal, there is no such exposure and your financial identity is safe. Even if you have no funds in your Paypal account, it can draw the correct amount from your bank account immediately to service the transaction. It is possible to transfer funds from a bank account into Paypal even when no transaction is involved, although it may take a couple of days for the transfer to complete. Paypal also has a billing system, which we use to submit properly documented invoices to our clients. It is hard to beat Paypal for safety, functionality and convenience.

Cons: The features of Paypal have been expanded over time, and there are no improvements that are required for this great system. One recent improvement is to enable Paypal to lend you money to make payments with a very attractive interest rate.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2020
Sunny B.
Administrator
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2019

"PayPal is one of the most safest options when it comes to online payments!"

Comments: I love PayPal, all my online purchases are made with PayPal, very rarely do I use my card. The security provided by PayPal is very good, the authenticator, SMS notification and app all just fuel my reasoning to continue using PayPal. I have had no issue with PayPal, other than sometimes forgetting my password but that's my fault haha!

Pros: I love the fact that PayPal has a dedicated disputes team, it can be quite a daunting experience when transferring money for a product which you have not yet received. The item may come as not described, damaged or may not even come at all. These are the fears, but PayPal puts the customer first with the security measures in place. The dispute resolution team dedicated for claims deal with cases efficiently and fairly, and can make new customers to online transaction feel at ease. The need to not continuously enter your bank card details, when you can simply just log into your PayPal account is just efficient and saves time. Furthermore, if you need reminding what you have bought, your can just visit the account summary section and it will show all your purchases. PayPal has been in the market for years and has become well known, Ebay was where I personally became accustomed to PayPal. However, PayPal supports all sorts of payments, half of my direct debits is through PayPal which I feel to be secure.

Cons: One thing I did not like about this software was that once I sold a large product and the money put into my account was "put on hold". Although this is safety precautions I did not like the hassle that I had to go through, but it turned out the person attempting to buy the product used a stolen card and PayPal had rightly paused the transaction and prevented me from sending the item and then I would have been hit hard with no money and no product left anymore. So rather than liking least, this was a blessing instead.

• Reviewed on 26/11/2019
Andrea F.
Software Engineeer
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2020

"Enables self employed to run their own businesses from home"

Comments: Overall PayPal is a great tool and it has enabled me and people I know to run their online business successfully.

Pros: It's easy to setup. In a few mins you have a way to receive money from your online business. I have setup PayPal accounts and integrated their APIs multiple times. The easiest way to receive money, is definitely PayPal.com - which allows you to craft URLs that you can send, which include your name and a specific amount that you wish to receive from someone.

Cons: The PayPal fees are not very cheap and easy to understand. When you receive a payment, depending on the type of goods or services that you are selling, you might pay a higher fee. If you receive foreign currency you will pay extra fees to withdraw in your native currency.

• Reviewed on 27/03/2020
Entrepreneur
Music, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2019

"Pay a Pal and watch your business grow."

Comments: Overall I highly recommend PayPal to anyone who is wanting the convenience of transferring money instantly to friends and family. You simply provide your email address, put in the amount, and sit back and wait for the funds to go through. They are highly secured and in the two years I've had PayPal my funds were always protected, thus giving me peace of mind.

Pros: PayPal is consistent when it comes to receiving and sending money. Whether you are sending money to family and friends or using it for business purposes it is reliable. I have had PayPal for years and every time I found myself needing money all I did was provide my email address and in a few hours I received the funds. Considering that all you need is a valid email and verification of your accounts, PayPal is a certified way of getting the job done when it comes to transferring funds online. PayPal also gives you peace of mind when you initially set it up. You have to verify your account and this is done by two small deposits directly deposited into your checking, which you then input through the PayPal verification system that verifies your identity and bank information. You also have customer service that is readily available to you should a potential fraudulent transaction attempt to go through. This protects your identity and your money. In conclusion if PayPal is all you need to be able to transfer funds electronically online

Cons: I use PayPal for business purposes as well and they have a process where you have to show proof of your expenses when setting up your PayPal for business transactions. That can take awhile at times, and from my personal experience I had to wait about a week or so. It may not seem that long but when you need to make transfers in a timely manner that is a major inconvenience. I didn't like that I had to call PayPal eventually to find out what the status of my review was. They were prompt when I did get a hold of their customer service but because of the waiting period it was not one of my best experiences with them.

• Reviewed on 16/12/2019