• Overall
    4.2 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.4 /5

About CardBoard

CardBoard helps teams collaboratively explore and visualize product ideas, user experiences, customer journeys and more.

Learn more about CardBoard

Fa B.
Coach
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2018

"Good idea, missing features, buggy"

Comments: - Bad and Good
- The central idea of the board is nice
- Everything around seems to have been donc in a rush
- Management of teams are just a mess
- The idea a public boards, not searchable, messy . .. give you just a bad image
- Not intuitive (except for the cards management)

Pros: - The idea
- The fact that their is not real alternative to the product (not saying it's a good product, just not worst than competition)
- Easy to use and simple
- The journey feature

Cons: - Buggy
- The pricing model
- Missing at least a crucial features: descent printing (what do you think teams do with a Story Map)
- When you move things cards do not reorganized as expected and we end to have to move many cards across the screen. I should not be forced to think in advance what to enter first to avoid delating and moving things around after.

by CardBoard on 01/10/2018

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Sean F.
Product Owner / Business Analyst
Retail, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2018

"Cardboardit for developing roadmaps and communicating with stakeholders"

Comments: The tool is great for presenting the roadmap to leadership, stakeholders, and Engineers. I would highly recommend it, however, would also suggest getting enough licences for all folks on your team due to the limited export capabilities.

Pros: The application is intuitive and it's very easy to demonstrate the importance of technical debt to stakeholders.

Cons: The export capability is limited. The description of the cards can not be exported without printing each card individually. The board view PDF export is not as user friendly/aesthetically pleasing as the actual application. Stakeholders are asking for PDF exports, however, I hesitate to share due to the aforementioned reasons.

Sean A.
Software Engineer
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2018

"Functional But Not Robust"

Comments: It was functional, but it felt like there were too many obstacles in the way to be an efficient replacement for index cards and a camera. I can see it being useful for other teams but not for ours.

Pros: The learning curve was short, so picking up CardBoard and using it was fast. Creating cards and laying them out was easy.

Cons: The cards, as displayed, were much too small. In order to even include all of the information that a User Story requires for one side of the card much of the text was hidden. The back was always hidden. The grid layout was much too rigid, I had hoped for the ability to overlap cards. If these features were present they were not obvious. Laying out cards initially was easy, but the UI resisted efforts to move cards very far (especially using a touch interface). If I needed to move a card to a different part of the board it was almost easier to delete and recreate it than move it.

Abdel S.
Community Lead
Information Technology & Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees

"An Easy to Use Product"

Pros: I didn't such software existed until I got to the agile world and someone invited me to CardBoard. My first impression was that it allowed teams to collaborate globally with ease. The cardboards are easily adjustable and organizable to however you want.

Cons: In the beginning I was a bit confused on how the product worked given that I was invited or part of many different boards so it was a tidy difficult to access or find the board I needed to see.

Marlon C.
Sr. Staff Program Manager
Retail, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/08/2018

"Product Team - Priorities"

Comments: Overall, this has changed my teams approach of how we work with the business! It is a great interactive tool and our business stakeholders love walking through the roadmap and scope in this collaborative tool!

Pros: The software simply and quickly allows us to build the framework (skeleton/backbone) of the business process and how technology supports through through the power of cards. Through this process we able to quickly understand our knowledge gaps. The journey feature also provides focus during deeper discussions.

Cons: Most of the quirks were address in the latest update (biggest being the introduction of colors and new layouts). However, we still struggle with the printing capabilities and how if needed we need to share in a planning session.

by CardBoard on 01/10/2018

Thank you for your review!

Abrarahmed M.
analyst
  • Reviewed on 03/08/2018

"CardBoard Review"

Pros: The software tools look modern and easy to use. I was able to get accustomed to the application with great ease.

Cons: I think the application needs to have slightly more versatile for it to be used for a wider variety of reasons.

by CardBoard on 01/10/2018

Keep an eye out for the coming updates in the next few weeks! We believe it will make your experience much more versatile!

• Reviewed on 03/08/2018
Dhayashini R.
Product Manager
Banking, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2018

"Review from Dhaya (LendKey)"

Comments: It's been great so far! Love all the recent changes that were made too.

Pros: Ease of use! It's very easy to create digital story maps. We use story maps for all our projects.

Cons: - There's no ability to create folders. Since we create many story boards across the organization, there's no way to organize.

Mark S.
Agile Coach
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed

"Makes Collaboration Easy"

Comments: Great way to organize project/product requirements quickly. Love that it allows multiple people working simultaneously. That's real collaboration!

Pros: It was quick and easy to pull a small group together to teach them story mapping through an exercise. Everyone was able to contribute right away. A few even loved CardBoard so much they kept building on the exercise, and demonstrating the product to colleagues.

Cons: Would like to draw release lines that are snug to the user story cards by allowing the lines to turn vertically while going horizontally to indicate releases. Also, would like a way to keep top row in view when scrolling lower.

Kevin N.
Process Development Engineer
Biotechnology, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/08/2019

"CardBoard is a great story board software"

Pros: We use CardBoard to story map some of the apps we create for our medical devices. This software allows us to closely collaborate with partners across the country with no issues!

Cons: I really do not have much negative to say about this product. The ease of use can be an issue but that likely comes form people being new to story boarding.

by CardBoard on 02/08/2019

Thanks for the review Kevin!

• Reviewed on 02/08/2019
Senior Product Manager
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2018

"A great product if it's the only thing you were using."

Comments: I was attempting to bootstrap some existing teams so that they could start doing more end to end thinking about their products as we were designing and building them.

Pros: I liked that it was very easy to use. Almost everything was very click and drag, which made it really easy to onboard new users who were new to story mapping. I also really appreciated that it let me share a story map across multiple locations. I work with teams in SF and Seattle. A physical board is a nice idea but just not possible with the way that we are distributed.

Cons: I had some challenges with user management. I work in a large enterprise so adding users individually was a bit of a pain and it was challenge to move users from regular viewer to user or admin roles on multiple boards. I also found that bulk moves of cards was difficult. If I wanted to pick up several cards and put them between two existing rows that wasn't really possible without spending 8 or 10 minutes rearranging the other cards around it to keep the map coherent. Also our org runs on-prem JIRA and I had no way to connect JIRA and confluence together, which made it nearly impossible to keep the two in sync. This is ultimately why I stopped using the product.

Ruchir G.
Senior Product Manager
Human Resources, 10,000+ Employees

"Cardboard use at ADP"

Comments: Great experience. Some improvement needed. Also, it would be great if it can offer integration with Rally and other product management tools.

Pros: Gives product managers a great tool to create and manage product maps quickly and seemlessly.

Cons: Creating a new map or a thread is a bit cumbersome, especially when swimlanes and columns have to be inserted or removed.

Keith M.
Product Owner II
Insurance, 10,000+ Employees

"Great little app!"

Comments: I used it to communicate a mission/story map of a partner integration. Outlined the high level steps at the top and then the detailed activities below. I used different color cards to represent different groups. I helped me get my point across!

Pros: Free trial.
easy to use and move cards around.
Give you the same "feel" of using post-it notes.
Export to PDF option is great!

Cons: Free trial was only 30 days.
Graphics aren't wild and crazy but serve the purpose.

by CardBoard on 01/10/2018

Thank you for your review! Let us know if you may need an extension of the trial!

Designer
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2018

"For the love of sticky notes"

Comments: Business problem that I solved using cardboard was whiteboarding via web and having this same sticky note experience in a virtual space.

Pros: I enjoy using the app for it's easy to use functionality. It resembles sticky notes in the way that anyone could use it in person, but via web. This allows many users to function and collaborate quickly and easily with team members of different capacities.

Cons: I think there could be some additional updates to the UI regarding spacing to help distinguish the levels a bit better.

Business Analyst
Insurance, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2018

"Nice application to help out with team work"

Comments: Nice application to help out at the start ofthe project. Anytime I had questions, Customer care was super fast and effective. I appreciate this software.

Pros: the updates done overtime. At first we could not copy/paste. Now we can. The way we can add more info to a post-it is nice and allows better communication with the team.

Cons: It does not connect to the application we use to track work with the developper. So really I use cardboard to start the project and walk the wall..but once we are in a sprint I need to use another software to do stories and track progress and work needed.

Lorianne C.
Product Manager

"Slice & Dice"

Pros: CardBoard makes it really easy to visually plan out the product roadmap and slice into different releases.

Cons: Can't think of anything after the new update

Shane R.
CTO
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees

"Collaboration at scale"

Pros: The software makes it fairly easy for several people to trade ideas and collaborate at the same time. The interface is fairly intuitive, even if someone is new to the product.

Cons: There are times when I found myself unable to edit the card I created without having to click several menu items. Even after having used it multiple times, I ran into unexpected results when trying to create, move or edit new cards. I would also love to have this export as a text or csv file to make it easier to use the results in other applications such as Jira.

by CardBoard on 01/10/2018

We now have CSV exporting options! Thank you for your use of our product as we look improve!

A.j. C.
Appian Consultant

"Perfection that's seemless"

Comments: In one work amazing. It was a tremendous help during or Sprite Zero. Thank you for an awesome product.

Pros: The most appealing part of the software was how easy it is to use. Everything is seemless and smooth.

Cons: Only recommend changes I would say is to allow overlapping notes.

Business Analyst
Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2018

"Easy to Use Storyboards"

Pros: How easy it was to create story boards - That it integrated with my Pivotal Tracker project

Cons: That it sync'd my entire Pivotal Tracker project. We use Pivotal to manage stories for a product, but I like to use story boards for new features, and did not need all existing stories in my storyboard

Max Z.
Devleoper

"Thoughts on Cardboard"

Comments: Overall Cardboard helped us to organize and track our progress while creating our application. We used it mostly for a digital kaban and tracking system.

Pros: It was very easy to use and get started with. Cardboard allowed my team to start mapping out the different tasks needed and start producing our product.

Cons: It didn't have as much integration and customization as I would have liked. It worked for almost all of our needs but there were still a few things we felt were missing.

Sonu B.
Business Systems Analyst
Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2018

"Sonu - review"

Pros: The ease of use in terms of collaboration on the common board.

Cons: Printing options for the board. Need additional options to print the entire board.

• Reviewed on 29/07/2018
Paul M.
project manager
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2018

"Easy to use and value for price is amazing!"

Comments: It was a great tool for storymapping for our company. It was an easy sell to have the business purchase it due to the low cost.

Pros: The ability to quickly navigate the product without help and jump right in to storymapping!

Cons: The text would get cut off on some of the cards.

Bryan M.
Devops Product Owner
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

"Great Storyboarding Product"

Pros: Simplicity, ease of use is great. Collaboration features help team non colocated team members work together.

Cons: Need to be able to make the squares into diamonds to support our storyboarding practices! Small detail though. Overall product is great

Project Manager / Business Analyst
Automotive, 51-200 Employees

"Cardboard Trial Review"

Pros: Easiness of creation of cards and maneuverability around the board. Exporting the board to PDF was helpful.

Cons: It could help to have an easier way to organize and line up the cards at the different levels. Kind of like a "snap-to" functionality.

Tania G.
Analyste principale
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2018

"Awesome story boarding software"

Comments: I reproduced a physical story map for a refactoring initiative we had ongoing.

Pros: You can easily get up and running with this application - it's intuitive and even easier than using post-its because you can rearrange things easily. Being able to create a journey map with a few clicks and drag and drop items between releases is very useful.

Cons: I have to convince my boss to pay for it, for all the people that would need to use it in the company.

Paul B.
Infrastructure Engineer
Internet, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2018

"Cardboard - quick and easy story mapping"

Pros: Cardboard is really easy to get started with, it offers enough features to replace sticky notes on a wall but not too many that it's overly complicated and confusing. The realtime collaboration is fantastic when working with remote co-workers.

Cons: The interface has had a few small bugs in the past (nothing that a page reload wouldn't clear up)