15 years helping Australian businesses

Google Forms Reviews

4.7 (10,780) Write a Review!

About Google Forms

Survey builder application that allows one to create customizable forms that could be shared among sample using a web URL.

Learn more about Google Forms

Pros:

Google Forms is a great tool that you can use to get any kind of data collected from work freinds or community.

Cons:

There are no templates for questionnaires and surveys. No branching and no logic skipping.

Google Forms ratings

4.7
4.4
4.4
4.8

9.1/10

Google Forms has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 10,780 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Google Forms before?

Filter reviews (10,780)

Tony
Tony
Managing Director in South Africa

Managing Customer Happiness with Google Forms

Comments: Using Google Forms is quick and easy. It's also free, so for companies on a budget you can build fantastic survey forms without having to pay for expensive systems. It's really easy to set up and really quick to deploy. I highly recommend this service o all my other clients.

Pros:

Google Forms makes creating online forms a breeze. We use the forms for multiple purposes, but our main purpose is to collect and collate Customer Happiness Indices. It took me less than 10 minutes to set up a form and we tag it in the signature file of our customer support emails. What makes it really great is that I can see the individual entries, but I can also get a graphical representation of responses. This allows me to quickly glance over the results if I want a quick synopsis of how my team is doing, or I can do a deep-dive and see what's really going on inside.

Cons:

One of the limitations on Google Forms is the lack of templates. This means that your forms can border on the boring. It would be really great if Google would provide more templates, or allow users to build and upload their own CSS templates (a bit advanced, I know), so that the forms fit in better with our corporate customer image.

Kimberly
Kimberly
Talk show host Programmer in US
Broadcast Media, Self Employed

Google Forms-Basic & Needs to be Better

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: For me, Google Forms seems to be a tool that was put together for basic usage and left alone. Other forms that you have to pay for have an easier interface and allows for more integration with other tools.

Pros:

Google forms is great for a burgeoning business or for someone without much knowledge of basic design. You can use it quickly and without any additional cost. It is seamless with other Google Workplace tools.

Cons:

Google Forms are much too basic for businesses that require software integration. To actually use for specific use cases can prove difficult or impossible. Also, there are no visual aides that I could find they offer. It is more difficult to share than it needs to be, too.

Freddy
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Small business model

3.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall very pleased and not mush else out there to compare to

Pros:

Fast setup Easy to understand Translation into data and metrics easy and streamlined.

Cons:

Needs more customizable outlay Drop and drag ins

Brianna
Brianna
Founder in Australia
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Free, Easy to Use, Wildly Simple Compared to Competitors

Comments: Great! 10/10 recommend--especially when first getting started with forms.

Pros:

As the title says--free (included in Google Suite / Google Workspace), wildly easy to use, and much more user friendly than some of the more complicated survey, form, and questionnaire builders out there. If you're looking for a survey builder and publisher that you can pull together and share ASAP--this is the tool for you.

Cons:

N/A -- honestly, there is nothing we don't like about Google Forms. If you need incredibly complex form development and design--probably go elsewhere. That said, if the face of the form/survey can be relatively simple and the weight lies in the data collected and post-survey analysis, exporting and transferring to Google Sheets and then running Excel analysis will do you well. (For free.)

Kayla
Communication and Speech Coach in Spain
E-Learning, Self Employed

A practical tool for small to medium-sized businesses

5.0 last month New

Comments: This is a simple, easy-to-use solution for small businesses ready to implement surveys and forms into their work without generating more business expenses.

Pros:

Google Forms is a free solution for businesses that want to be efficient with their software expenses. I can send surveys and get contacted by quality leads without needing to learn to use other software such as Airtable or SurveyMonkey.

Cons:

There are few design options, so if branding is a big part of your professional online presence you may need to go to a paid software for this.

Andy
Director in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use form software

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I like the way it looks, its easy to use and easy to send the data into a Google sheet.

Cons:

It lacks the ability to redirect the person to a specific website address after they have submitted the form.

Archana
RPG Developer in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Google Form is very much helpful in real life.

5.0 last week New

Comments: Its very mobile friendly, I can use it in any device and it's ability to add images,videos makes my form more gorgeous therefore I recommend it. In group project we can collaborate with others on form creation and there are many creative ways to use Google Form.

Pros:

Google Forms really helps to collect valuable data and its going to be ta future of data collection. I really love how much time I can save by using this and it is increasing my productivity day by day.

Cons:

The limit of uploading time is so little and I cannot edit any photo here. No option to see if it's submitted properly or not.

Christy
Co-Founder in US
Online Media, Self Employed

5 stars. Excellent website.

5.0 last month New

Pros:

It's pretty easy to make forms on google forms. Lots of templates available.

Cons:

No complaints. Good website to use. 5 stars.

Alicia
Special Education Teacher in US
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Easy and Quick to Use

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

You are able to personalize it and make it what you want. We use it for many different things. I like being able to change up the questions and add what I need to to the questions.

Cons:

I haven't found anything that I don't like about Google Forms.

Audrey
School in US
Accounting, 11–50 Employees

Google forms

5.0 last month New

Comments: It was very good I’ve never experienced a bad experience with Google forms.

Pros:

The main thing I like about Google docs is the formatting to it.Its very simple and easy to program a survey many teachers use at my school and it really is fast to use.

Cons:

If I’m being honest there isn’t really any cons to the app I absolutely love.

Jennifer
Communications Manager in US
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Best for quick and simple surveys or sign-ups

Comments: I would highly recommend using Google Forms as a quick, easy, and free way to create forms for simple surveys, basic event registrations, and contact info collection. There are some limitations so it's best for basic data collection.

Pros:

Lots of pros- it’s easy to use once you get familiar with the icons/functions of form building. It’s great to have many options for the types of responses you want (short text, paragraph, multiple choice, check boxes, and drop downs). There is also a file upload option (but you have to require sign-in). You can have settings in place to be alerted via email when a response comes in. You can set it up so that a spreadsheet is created. You can also embed the form on your site or email. This form is best when you keep it simple. Using this as a sign-up form or other simple data collection is best. We’ve used Google Forms to create event registrations, event surveys, newsletter content collection, contact info updates, suggestion boxes, and even science fair applications.

Cons:

I do wish there was more display customization. Especially with fonts- there are no options for type, size, color, etc. Sometimes you want to be able to bold or underline part of the question or description and there is no way to do that. The only way to emphasize certain parts of the text is to use all uppercase letters or to insert a bunch of symbols. The other challenge is that for being a user-friendly form builder, there are certainly many elements that are not intuitive. These include looking for the if/then button, the theme options, setting up email alerts, setting up editing access, figuring out the options for sharing the form (login required, no login, etc.), and even to get the link you should use. It all makes sense afterwards. However, they are all in different spots. Some of our faculty aren’t comfortable with a lot of web programs and they are easily confused looking for all the various settings… especially when all the functions are icon based. It would also be great if there were different print view options. If you use the response spreadsheet, it’s not an issue. But some of our faculty need to print out individual responses. In those instances, there is no condensed version to print. Even a brief registration form can end up being 3 pages.

Manager in Indonesia
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

The Reliable Free Survey Forms You Can Get

Comments: I use Google Forms for various activities and needs. Such as, survey form, RSVP registration form, evaluation form. it's kind of one for all tool. It's so useful and important for me.

Pros:

1. It's free (at least for now) it has no limitation of "pro" / "premium" service, hence you can use it at the fullest without paying a dime 2. You can control what what the input. For example, you want short description text as the answer, or you want it as a full number. You can also have options to have checkboxes or single option. 3. This is the important thing. It's integrated with GOOGLE SHEET, so you get all your RAW DATA. 4. It has the summary of the result automatically if you don't want to go complex with Google Sheet. 5. It's connected to your Google Account! So you can access the data easily.

Cons:

1. It's not as personalized as the similar service provider, Typeform that has the ability to customize the form, and have several "complex" logic. Such as, if you choose option A, then you'll next question will be B. 2. If you want to process the RAW data via Google Sheet, it requires you to understand the Google Sheet. However, if you can't, there is always READY TO USE result that you can use. It depends on your need. In my case, I usually need to manage & process it through Google Sheet. Don't worry, the easy option is always there.

Sridhar
Founder in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Simple, Easy and Smoothest way to collect data

Comments: Overall our experience has been good and it has served our purposes of data collection. The fact that we can hit the ground running in no time is what I really appreciate about this product. I would highly recommend it for users looking for Forms, Data collection tools.

Pros:

Google Forms creation is super easy and fast. It takes less than 30mins to create a complex data collection form from our end users. There are wide variety of question formats available which can suit any businesses of any size ( ours is a small startup) Forms is also a free product from Google.

Cons:

The export option is only CSV. I would like to have a easy way to extract data(certain fields) only instead of the entire zip of csv. Also the way the answers are rendered ( in tabs for each question, was little confusing at first)

Quality Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Best Way To Quiz Or Survey Your Employees!

Comments: Overall, Google Forms is the best product when it comes to integrating surveys and quizzes regarding topics that I need to test my employees knowledge.

Pros:

The feature that I like most about Google Forms is the ability to customize the appearance of the forms with different colors, images, and the ability to make text or mathematics digital (with the use of Equatio).

Cons:

The ability to convert between Microsoft Word documents and Google Docs to Google Forms needs to be made easier.

Madalyn
Executive Team Lead and Residency Coordinator in US
Religious Institutions, 51–200 Employees

Easy to set up, but not as intuitive as I had hoped

Comments: I would use it again for some things, or if I was in a pinch, but I'll be looking for a more robust solution long-term.

Pros:

First of all, it's free to use with a Google Suite account. We used it because we already had Google Suite and needed to put a system for forms together rather quickly. The process for building the initial forms was easy enough. Google forms readily recognize the type of responses that would match the question you are asking (paragraph, multiple choice, etc.). This sped up the process of constructing the form itself. I also like that the responses are automatically deposited into a Google sheets spreadsheet where I can revisit results.

Cons:

Several people have told me that they clicked "submit" and yet I have no record of their submission. Also, there's nowhere that shows when the form was sent and to whom. I wish there was a record of messages sent from the form. Also, when you send the form so that it shows in the email, and the recipient fills it out in their email, it opens a new browser tab where they have to click "submit" a second time for it to actually go through. There's not a lot of built-in data sorting tools to visualize, sort, and filter results.

Muhammad Zubair
Sr. Partner in Australia
Computer Hardware, 2–10 Employees

Google Forms - A Simple and Smart Data Collection Tool

Comments: Our team uses Google Forms to create various types of data entry forms, quizzes, and surveys for our clients, who mainly look for a simple and less expensive solution for data collection.

Pros:

- Google Forms has a comprehensive interface to create any sort of form within a very short time. - It comes with enhanced security and additional features when signed up with Google Workspace. - It is quite convenient to review real-time responses and information once the form is delivered to desired recipients. - There is a 'Preview' option to generate a preview and check the functionality of the data fields before further distribution to recipients. - The data collected through forms can easily be exported into a spreadsheet format and shared across the organization smoothly.

Cons:

- The look and feel of the embedded forms in a website seem so generic, anyone can recognize that the forms are created with Google Forms. - There are very few or limited options to customize the forms in order to enhance the form design. - There are only four font styles, and no option to resize the fonts.

Courtney
Publishing, 2–10 Employees

A multi-functional marvel from Google!

Comments: I run an author services business and am an author and publisher myself, so I use Google Forms for a multitude of tasks! Order forms, surveys, blog tours, newsletter swaps, and sometimes even to quickly gather contact information for charity events and auctions! I would not be able to handle so many tasks as efficiently as I do without the help of Forms!

Pros:

I love the flexibility of Google Forms. You can use a form for a variety of different data collecting tasks. Sign-ups for an event or newsletter, order forms for goods and services, surveys that let you know what your audience is feeling or what they would like to see. The possibilities really are endless! I also really find the graphs and metrics very helpful. I think the top reason I love Google Forms is that the data is so easily converted to Google Sheets which makes my life so much easier! Plus, it can be accessed anywhere!

Cons:

There are a few aspects of Forms that could be improved upon. I know lots of times my clients complain about forms closing before they can submit if the user clicks any links inside the form. That can be very frustrating and lead to people signing up twice, or not having their information recorded at all. I would also love a place to set a social media share image so when the form is shared, more information about the form can be conveyed. The current social share image is hit or miss and can have trouble refreshing if you make changes. And lastly, I'd love a larger banner image at the top! It's hard to find images that work for such a wide and narrow dimension.

Whit
Director of Marketing and Communications in US
Higher Education, 51–200 Employees

A not-perfect-but-good-enough-and-free form builder

Comments: We use Google forms for anything that requires that we capture multiple fields of data. We use it for travel abroad applications, updating personal information, surveys and exhibition submissions. We typically embed the forms on our website and they look rather nice. We set up notifications to the appropriate collaborators so that they can be notified when the form is filled out.

Pros:

Google Forms is our go-to for form building, even as an institution of higher education. We are a Google school and use the G-Suite for email, file storage, word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations so it is natural that Google Forms fits into the workflow. The forms are really easy to set up with many different question types to choose from to build your form. The data loads directly to a Google Sheet which makes it easy to sort and review. Files that are submitted through the forms are also stored in Google Drive and access to these files can be limited.

Cons:

There is not a lot of flexibility in the look and feel of a Google Form. We embed a lot of forms on our website and our internally facing intranet. They all look like Google Forms. They are not ugly but they are also not beautiful.

E-Learning, 501–1,000 Employees

If you are a data person, you need Google Forms.

Comments: It is a really good application that revolves around data, gathered from surveys, questionnaires, getting feedback, seeking testimonials with a very easy to learn curve for all, along with the integration of Google Sheets that just makes things so simpler without needing to download external analytics software.

Pros:

It is so simple to use and can be accessed easily by anyone, not necessarily just a tech or a IT guy. One of the best part is customizing the forms according to the use-case, where me and my team mainly use it to send out surveys and feedback forms with our target audience being the learners, also exporting that information gathered seamlessly to Google Sheets for further Data Cleansing, Data Exploration and Analytics to gather insights. Been using it from the past 3 years and so far it has been part of my daily work routine.

Cons:

There is a missing feature of integrating a payment gateway of some sort within the form as it would really be helpful for a lot of people who deal with transactions, example courses, webinars, seminars etc...Can only push data into Google sheets currently and cannot automatically dump this data into pdf sadly.

Aaron
Aaron
Teacher in US
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Google Forms for Instant Feedback

Comments: The greatest benefit I have found with Google Forms is the ability for my students to get quick and reliable feedback from their peers. They really enjoy this process and love looking at the different comments and charts. I have not found another option that makes this so engaging and so efficient. There is a small learning curve, but one that is worth the time and effort to integrate into your classroom.

Pros:

I use Google Forms in a number of ways in my classroom. One way is to get instant feedback from my students. I create a quick survey and link it to my classroom Google Site. Then I have them take the survey. This gives me instant information that I can use to guide my instruction, create groups, and lots of other possibilities. Another feature that I like is that we will play trivia games. I will have students answer the trivia question. Then I can quickly change the questions, have them refresh their page, and answer the new questions. They have a lot of fun with this. But the best part of Google Forms is for students to get feedback from each other. If you have Google Apps for Education, your students can make their own form. I have my students create one after doing a larger scale project. They then have other students take their survey and this can give them feedback on what they did well with their class presentation. This kind of peer to peer feedback has been very valuable in my classroom.

Cons:

There are many possibilities with Google Forms and it has been a great addition to my classroom. The only thing I can think of that is sometimes a problem is getting the link to send out. I have shared this idea with colleagues and with my students but this part sometimes causes trouble. Many people want to copy and use the link on the main form. However, this is the "edit" link and you do not want to give this one out. So to send it out properly you have to click on the "send" button and then select the link. I have seen this small step cause trouble.

Works every time!

Comments: I've used the forms on many of my websites as well as sending a direct link to the form, which helps with social media and other platforms. The reliability of the Google Forms is unparalleled. I've had many issues with other plugins and form providers with the actual email delivery of form submissions, but with Google Forms I have never had an issue receiving the forms via email. Using Google Forms is a perfect way to gather information from those you need it. You build the form, you share the form, you will receive the submissions via email. Great product.

Pros:

I like that the forms work right out of the box. With many products I have used I have experienced delivery issues and form submission gathering issues. I have never had an issue with either when using Google Forms. Building the form is very intuitive and quick, especially after you build a few and get used to the setup. The form building process guides you through nice process to keep mistakes away. You can place your form on your website or send out via link and this is very useful.

Cons:

The only issue I have found is with submissions and going through them. They can "stack up" and become difficult to wade through for the correct submission. Custom design of the form isn't allowed and this is the biggest weakness currently.

Hafiz Muhammad
Freelancer in Pakistan
Internet, Self Employed

Google forums especial characteristics

Comments: Google forums are the best application for any organization and company because it is a good source of getting and gathering information or data from various Persons. Like the user can not write the text of more than 5kb. Also, the user can not upload the picture more than 2MB. A file size bigger than these recommendations can not upload on the Google forums. I face difficulty using this application. In other words, this application can no longer run if I have weak signals issues.
You can create surveys for your clients. The second significant piece of information is that the owner can create the types of surveys of his interest with the help of this software. All types of information a person can ask about his interest to the client can gain with the help of this software. It would help if you had the average speed of internet connection before using this application.
What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get is the fourth Advantage of Google forums. You can easily operate this software for the easiest use. You can also select different colors and patterns to use this application for the desired and accepted queries. Google forums are the software that allows getting required information in detail. Many companies and industries use Google forums to get essential information through a single click.

Pros:

Google forums are the software that allows getting required information in detail. Many companies and industries use Google forums to get essential information through a single click. The first and foremost reason for using the Google forums is that it is a free online tool. The thing is that this tool is the cost of free. Any person or organization can get the required or recommended information of specific deals through a single click of the forum. You can create surveys for your clients. The second significant piece of information is that the owner can create the types of surveys of his interest with the help of this software. All types of information a person can ask about his interest to the client can gain with the help of this software. The third benefit of using this software is that you don't need to put much information before using this software. Some softwares ask to fill in name, email, number, and other useless information. You need to add your email before starting and filling in this software. This software is very easier to use. You need the average speed of internet connection before using this application. What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get is the fourth Advantage of Google forums. You can easily operate this software for the easiest use. You can also select different colors and patterns to use this application for the desired and accepted queries. Also, this application store the information that is required for different purposes. We can analyze the complete

Cons:

The first and foremost thing about Google forums is that I can't use this application without access to the internet. Sometimes, I am present at a place where I can not have internet connections; I face difficulty using this application. In other words, this application can no longer run if I have weak signals issues. I am an advanced user of using different graphic design programs. I face difficulty because there are limited designs in this software. I need more functional programming for this google forum. The other thing for the user is that the maker has to create a strong password and email before sharing it with the other. These security concerns are somehow irritating for me. The last thing is that this software has some limited functions. Like the user can not write the text of more than 5kb. Also, the user can not upload the picture more than 2MB. A file size bigger than these recommendations can not upload on the Google forums. The user can not also send the spreadsheet more than 250 cells. In other words, only 25 sheets are allowed to fill the fortis application. However, this software is very best to make or create contact lists and information to gather data. After these cons, this application or software is very good at helping and doing different tasks.

Rosalina
Executive Assistant in Philippines
Insurance, Self Employed

Google Forms Review: A User-Friendly and Versatile Tool with Some Limitations

Comments: By and large, Google Structures is an extraordinary device for making straightforward reviews, tests, and surveys. It is easy to understand and gives constant reactions, making it simple to gather and examine information. Notwithstanding, it has a few constraints, especially with regards to plan customization, question types, and information examination.

Pros:

Easy to understand interface: Google Structures is exceptionally simple to utilize and requires no specialized information. Its easy to use interface permits clients to make reviews, tests, and surveys rapidly and without any problem.Adaptable plan: Google Structures offers an extensive variety of customization choices for the plan of your overview or structure, including variety plans, pictures, and text styles.Joint effort: Google Structures permits various clients to team up on a similar structure, which is perfect for bunch undertakings or group studies.Constant reactions: Google Structures gives ongoing reactions, so you can see the information as it is being gathered. This is valuable assuming that you really want to pursue speedy choices or changes.Mix: Google Structures can be effortlessly incorporated with other Google instruments, for example, Google Sheets and Google Drive.

Cons:

Restricted plan choices: While Google Structures offers some plan customization choices, there are cutoff points to what you can do. On the off chance that you need a profoundly tweaked structure, you might have to utilize an alternate device.Restricted question types: Google Structures offers a predetermined number of inquiry types, which may not be reasonable for a wide range of overviews or structures.Restricted information investigation: While Google Structures gives ongoing reactions, the information examination highlights are restricted. In the event that you want further developed information examination, you might have to trade the information to another apparatus.Restricted marking choices: On the off chance that you are searching for a structure that mirrors your image, Google Structures may not be the most ideal choice. It has restricted marking choices, and you might have to utilize an alternate device to accomplish the look you need.Restricted mixes: While Google Structures can be incorporated with other Google apparatuses, it may not be viable with other outsider instruments. In the event that you really want to coordinate your structure with a non-Google device, you might have to utilize an alternate structure manufacturer.

Hailey
Events Services, 2–10 Employees

Amazing Event Planning Template

Comments: My organization strategy has always been the pen-and-paper method. Switching to Google Forms was a little daunting to me at first. After a few tries I was able to customize the forms to ask the questions I needed and based on the answer, ask follow-up questions. This allows my clients to fill out the form when they have time, rather than rushing through it at an in-person meeting. On the day of the event, I still print the form out to have my paper copy but if the paper is misplaced I have all the information I need online still.

Pros:

Google Forms allows me to make sure I don't miss any questions. I send my clients the form to fill out, at their leisure, and I am notified when the form is complete. I can then easily share the information with the correct employee.

Cons:

Forms is incredibly easy to use, once you get the hang of it. It took some practice but I am now able to create forms in blocks which allow clients to move from one section to the next without having to go through sections that may be irrelevant to their event. Now if only clients could go back into the form and edit their responses without having to complete the form again entirely, it would be perfect.

Dayana
Dayana
IT Analyst in Colombia
Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Google Forms facilitates real-time data capture and analysis

Comments: Google Forms has been characterized as a very useful tool for capturing data for analysis, you only need to have a Google account to access this tool which thanks to its ease of creating forms and in turn the way to share them either via email, sms or social networks, can reach a large number of users from which it seeks to capture the desired information, this is very helpful because based on the analysis you can make decisions based on the results obtained, Google Forms greatly facilitates our daily work.

Pros:

I love Google Forms because it has been a support tool in my work for more than 5 years, this tool is very versatile and easy to use and implement to the point that anyone with basic knowledge can make use of this without any problem getting much out of it, its versatility has allowed the use in both operational and commercial areas either interacting with technicians repairers of services or with users where they express details of the conformity or nonconformity of the service installed, In addition to the aforementioned areas, the tool is useful to evaluate new members of the customer service department where we can implement a form as an evaluation and with the different alternatives of answers that Google Forms offers us it is very easy to export the data and analyze them in real time.

Cons:

Having clear that Google Forms offers us a number of customization alternatives in terms of type of questions and answers, it is also clear that the customization layer is not fully implemented to the point that it has very few fonts and colors compared to other similar tools, however, this detail does not detract from the extensive functionality offered making it one of the strongest alternatives on the market.