• Overall
    4.8 /5

About Trainual

The all-in-one knowledge and training app that makes it easy to train and grow your team. Get your business out of your brain today.

Learn more about Trainual

Max S.
Travel Agent
Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2020

"Quick Easy Learning"

Comments: Really easy to take quiz and to learning the product you need understanding off

Pros: Very easy to use and really quick to understand on what to do, very easy learning process

Cons: It takes a long time to take a quiz and pass courses but I guess that's the point when you need to learn new skills :)

by Trainual on 17/09/2020

Hi Max! Thanks for leaving your Trainual review. We're thrilled about how easy it's been to use and that you're enjoying the testing feature! That is music to our ears. Let us know if you have additional feedback or questions for us! We're here and happy to help.

• Reviewed on 01/09/2020
Michele M.
Business Development Specialist
Computer Networking, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2021

"Trainual got me up to speed, quickly."

Comments: Great product and service. I know what's on deck for me to accomplish and what I've done well.

Pros: I enjoyed the features that enable a bird's eye view of your learning accomplishments and assessments. When a new subject comes along, you are notified with an email.

Cons: It's all good. No negatives to report at this point. It has been less than 6 months, but I'm on track to thrive in this position, being set up for success with your software. Thanks!

by Trainual on 09/04/2021

Hi Michele! Thanks so much for your review. And we're super pumped to hear that Trainual got you up to speed quickly, and set you up for success in your new role! That made our day. If you need anything from us, always feel free to reach out. Wishing you the best in your new position!

• Reviewed on 15/03/2021
Natalie H.
Estimating Lead
Consumer Goods, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2020

"Very Helpful for Training new hires"

Pros: Its ability to search easily and quickly for an answer

Cons: Really nothing that has been an issue with using this program for training at this time

by Trainual on 03/06/2020

Hi Natalie! We are thrilled to hear that Trainual has helped find information quickly and easily for you during training. If there is anything we can assist with moving forward, don't hesitate to reach out.

• Reviewed on 22/05/2020
Angela M.
Law Practice, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2020

"Finally, all our policies and procedures in one place"

Comments: Very positive! They have a great community on Facebook and they are always adding new features and offering free training and modules.

Pros: I love that in order to finish a module, employees have to check "Mark Complete." This, along with the ability to add quizzes/tests, allows us to track training progress (even when training remote employees) and follow up as needed with employees who haven't completed certain modules.

Cons: I feel the dashboard is a little clunky and I would love the ability sort the modules into folders.

by Trainual on 03/06/2020

We're so happy Trainual has made it easier for you to onboard your remote employees, Angela! We are currently working on something to group your subjects into folders in the future, so be on the look out for some new features!

• Reviewed on 08/05/2020
Sebastian D.
CIO
Farming, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"Onboarding on trainual"

Comments: As of now, the system is covering most of what is required by our company. Hope you continue adding options

Pros: The software has all which is required by our company to do an efficient onboarding and process elearning.

Cons: There is no evaluation prepared for each user to inform of what they consider about the content.

by Trainual on 21/05/2019

Thanks for the review, Sebastian! Feel free to use trainual.com/ideas to provide any feature requests or suggestions that you have.

Paul S.
Facilities Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2018

"Love this"

Comments: We have streamlined our process & training documentation to the point that even I know where to find it.. Sounds silly, but, this has been revolutionary for me (owner) & all of the personnel in the business.

Pros: It is easy to use, intuitive, clear help systems that are simple to find.

Cons: Haven't found a problem yet that makes the list

by Trainual on 15/10/2018

Thanks for the positive feedback, Paul! We are thrilled to hear that Trainual has helped streamline your process and training documentation.

• Reviewed on 12/10/2018
Kyekyenika T.
Entry Writer
Import & Export, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2020

"Good basic training program"

Pros: I liked the customizable feature of this program. When there was something that we felt was needed to add or edit, it was easily implemented.

Cons: I did not like that I couldn't skip courses. In my role, something I needed to learn out of order but I wasn't able to access them until I completed the others first. This may be a parameter set by my employer. I'm not sure.

• Reviewed on 24/11/2020
Slade K.
COO
Sports, 201-500 Employees

"I am a big fan"

Comments: It is great to onboard new staff and get them up to speed quickly. It has also been great to build out new policies and processes and send to all the staff for continued learning.

Pros: It’s easy to use. Easy to setup. Easy to build upon. You can start small and implement snd then grow over time.

Cons: So far no cons. It has been a very easy software to use.

by Trainual on 21/05/2019

Thanks for the review, Slade!

Lissa K.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/11/2020

"Great investment for any team"

Comments: Great overall experience fantastic tool that has helped streamline our hiring and training processes.

Pros: Many things, but he ability to ability to create tests and quizzes is essential

Cons: Would like more options for multiple selections for the multiple choice option on testa

by Trainual on 25/11/2020

Hi Lissa! Thank you for leaving your kind Trainual review. We're thrilled to hear that you're using and enjoying the Test feature - keep an eye out soon for more options there. :) Please let us know if you have any additional feedback or questions for our team!

• Reviewed on 22/11/2020
Chris M.
Photography, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2019

"Trainual Helped My Business Scale"

Comments: Trainual is the key to documenting processes and training and we wouldn’t have been able to grow as quickly without it. I am very grateful I found it.

Pros: Trainual is user friendly has allowed me to onboard staff in two clicks of the mouse. It is the one of the biggest keys to my business.

Cons: The user limitations are a bit low in my opinion

by Trainual on 03/06/2019

So happy you're loving Trainual, Chris!

Sarah K.
Operations Manager
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/05/2019

"Great way to organize internal processes"

Comments: I'm very pleased with it.

Pros: It's a great way to organize internal processes. Trainual is very user friendly and can be easily accessed by computer or mobile. I like that you can give different permissions to various roles.

Cons: The formatting is not consistent (paragraph/line breaks) and copy/paste formats from other documents (Word, Drive) do not persist. Also, some table formats are not visible on mobile (cannot scroll right if rows are long).

by Trainual on 30/05/2019

Thanks for the review, Sarah! We're working on text editor improvements as well - Stay tuned!

• Reviewed on 25/05/2019
Jeff L.
Training Mgr.
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees

"Trainual is great!"

Comments: Trainual has helped with our employees learning our workflow and our software. It has not replaced personal training, but has solidified important ideas and is handy for reference.

Pros: I like the customer service, and the tutorials. I have made suggestions to their development team, and they have actually listened! After a short learning curve, the software is easy to use. I also like they are constantly developing it.

Cons: There are a few features that I'm waiting on, mainly with formatting. I do wish quizes could be placed anywhere in the "learning flow".

by Trainual on 21/05/2019

Thanks for the feedback, Jeff! Text editor updates are currently in progress. :)

COO
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees

"Youinkit Review"

Comments: Awesome, it has been groundbreaking for our organization.

Pros: On-boarding new employees has become much easier than in the past. Happy we made the switch.

Cons: Only 25 users are available for the lowest version of the software.

by Trainual on 21/05/2019

Thanks for the review -- Happy we were able to make your onboarding process easier!

Amelia T.
Head of Coach Talent & Culture
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/05/2019

"One of the easiest LMSs I've ever used!"

Comments: Best LMS I've ever worked with, and I've worked with Moodle, Blackboard, Canvas and Northpass. Great job!

Pros: I LOVE how easy the text editor is. I can literally copy and paste content without the code breaking -- this includes content from outside Trainual. For anyone who has ever had to deal with content creation in any LMS, this could literally make or break your sanity. This one small details is part of the reason we switched from our previous LMS to Trainual. Plus, the tutorials are actually helpful! Win all around for me.

Cons: So far, as a new customer, I really have nothing to complain about!

by Trainual on 03/06/2019

Thanks for the fantastic review, Amelia!

• Reviewed on 30/05/2019
Olivia C.
Compliance Specialist-Quality Control
Packaging & Containers, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2020

"Great Product and GREAT customer service"

Comments: Trainual is a great software to use. We are a Marijuana Production facility and we are using this program to create all of our different brands company playbooks. It is easy to navigate and fun to use. The staff members that use the program are in awe of how easy it is to navigate, I get emails saying that the training tools(video, audio, GIF) are great, the staff loves them and is referencing them daily!

Pros: this software is user friendly, and can easily track completion rates.

Cons: Lacking design features for images, shapes, and colors.

by Trainual on 19/11/2020

Hi Olivia! We appreciate that you took the time to share such a thoughtful review of your Trainual experience. We're thrilled that it's been user friendly for your team, and that completion rates have been beneficial. We'll be sure to pass along your feedback about design capabilities. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have additional feedback or questions for our team!

• Reviewed on 17/11/2020
Christina S.
Chief Operations Officer

"Agency Training Solution"

Comments: This software has transformed the way we train our staff. We have now been able to create an intranet of videos that enable us to create a training program that helps us speed up our on boarding and ultimately improve efficiencies.

Pros: Very easy to use and learn in a short amount of time which is crucial in our industry.

Cons: I would have preferred a little more customization to fit our learning style.

by Trainual on 21/05/2019

Thanks for the review, Christina! You can submit any feature requests to us at trainual.com/ideas.?

Paul D.
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2020

"Training with Trainual"

Comments: Overall, Trainual has been great! It allows our trainees to spend some time learning about the basic process of their new roles.

Pros: Trainual allows you to create training material that could be reused since it is all in a software.
We use Trainual with training new members of our team. We have already create several different training courses using this platform.

Cons: Trainual has been very useful. I do not have any negative information about it. It is very easy to use, especially if you need to update it with new materials.

by Trainual on 09/11/2020

Hi Paul! Thanks for your continued Trainual support. We're thrilled that it's been beneficial in training new members of your team! We're always here for questions or additional feedback.

• Reviewed on 05/11/2020
Kirk D.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2020

"will use for every business i open"

Comments: great

Pros: Search feature being able to look up what i ineed when i need it

Cons: the website not loading at times being down and unable to open

by Trainual on 15/12/2020

Hi Kirk, thanks so much for leaving your review. We're sorry to hear about the issues you're having with load time, and it's something we are working on! We're thrilled that Trainual has been impactful to your business and we're always here if you have additional feedback or any questions.

• Reviewed on 03/12/2020
Michael K.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2020

"Great Platform"

Comments: This was a major upgrade from the Litmos system. Easier to navigate. Compatible with mobile devices is huge! Video integration is much improved. The fun factor was also a big step up.

Pros: Finally a platform that is intuitive, more compatible, and fun to work with.

Cons: Would be nice to have an administrative level access, ( permissions below my corporate franchise system), that would allow me to log in and monitor the progress of all my employees. Acquiring all their credentials and having to log in individually as them, is a pain.

by Trainual on 23/11/2020

Hi Michael! Thanks for sharing your candid Trainual review. We're thrilled to hear that you're enjoying the software and that it's been an upgrade from your previous system. We'll be sure to note your feedback about permissions - we're constantly iterating and want to make Trainual as beneficial as possible! Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have additional product requests or any questions. We're here to help!

• Reviewed on 19/11/2020
Shannon P.
Sales Representative
Business Supplies & Equipment, 11-50 Employees

"Trainual is awesome."

Comments: Really good.

Pros: Very easy to navigate. Works well on devices, too.

Cons: None. I like how this software delivers a comprehensive training method.

by Trainual on 09/04/2021

Hey Shannon! Thanks so much for your review of Trainual. We think you're awesome too! And we're excited to hear that it's been easy for you to use. If you ever have any questions, always feel free to reach out!

Benjamin C.
Director of Operations
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2019

"Excellent and efficient training solution."

Comments: Trainual is well executed in its layout, using mostly common and current web standards. It loads fast, is mobile friendly, and simple from both creator and user experience. I was up and running almost immediately and worked through the how-to guide as I went. Moving processes into training modules helps heightens the awareness that all company processes need to be documented, trainable, and scalable. Rollout to users has been easy and feedback has been great.

Pros: Trainual is a well executed and easy to use solution for moving training onto the cloud. My favorite aspect about using the software is how it trains content creators think more about their work processes, which increases efficiency and scalability.

Cons: There is nothing not to like. For future improvements I would like to see a dark mode, which would help with users who check into content late at night. On mobile, the topic steps stay at the top of the screening the actual step contents require scrolling below the steps list - this UI section could be improved.

by Trainual on 21/05/2019

Thanks for the review, Benjamin! You can submit suggestions (like your night mode one) at trainual.com/ideas!

Lynette G.
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 13/06/2020

"Great system"

Comments: Trainual solves almost all of our onboarding dilemmas, and the library of templates gets you going quickly.

Pros: The system looks utterly professional and modern with a clean, uncluttered UI, its the main reason we are selecting this product. Once customised with our branding it looked and felt like our own platform.
The website is responsive and its great that its available as a downloadable app and mobi site. The price is reasonable and flexible according to user numbers, and has a monthly payment option as opposed to a lot of other LMS systems requiring annual upfront payment.

Cons: Its disappointing that the LMS is not SCORM compliant or supportive of adding external course material. The content tools require expanding, colour fonts and custom backgrounds etc. If you are going to limit the instructor to compiling courses to using your own content tools only it has to sufficiently expansive to make your courses appealing. Gifs are not totally appropriate for a lot of courses while obviously a nice differentiator. Creativity is therefore limiting. I would like to also see that you are able to upload videos directly from your device, as opposed to being forced to using YouTube videos which looks less than professional.

by Trainual on 19/06/2020

Hi Lynette! Thank you so much for leaving your candid feedback of Trainual. We are delighted to hear that you like our UI and prebuilt templates.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 13/06/2020
Matt L.
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/05/2020

"Game Changing Training"

Comments: Trainual has been the most valuable addition we've made to our franchise network in the past year. I recommend it often.

Pros: The Trainual platform is easy to use and has allowed us to scale our growth that would have been impossible with traditional training systems.

Cons: We need better testing and certification options. The testing isn't robust enough. Users need certifications to show they've achieved a certain level. This is important for motivation. It seems like an easy add that would add a lot of value. We're currently looking for testing and certification solutions from 3rd parties, but Trainual should be able to provide them quite easily.

by Trainual on 03/06/2020

Hey Matt, we're super pleased to hear we've helped you scale and grow your employees! I've actually gone through and added a feature request for certificates based on completion rate. We'll send over an update as soon as this becomes available.

• Reviewed on 13/05/2020
Michael C.
General Manager
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2020

"Don't sign up for the free trial"

Comments: Really disappointed. We had high hopes.

Pros: We didn't have enough time in one week to take advantage of the software. We did find the software very expensive for what it was, and the page loads were very slow, but we also wanted more time to review before committing to what we saw as high monthly fees.

Cons: When I went to cancel the free trial, it was very difficult. I was forced to go through a customer service rep - by the time I managed to cancel, our free trial had ended and our credit card had been charged. I felt deceived. If this experience was better, I would have been more likely to consider them again in the future - we are now looking elsewhere. The customer experience after-the-fact was not a good one.

• Reviewed on 10/03/2020
Wade S.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2021

"The answer to what I was looking for"

Comments: Overall it has been great. It is easy to use and figure out and it is helping me go deep in systemizing my business.

Pros: We have high turnover and being able to make initial training part of the hiring process have helped us weed out applicants who are not serious. It also provides a great way to get people to complete training before being eligible for raises and promotions. I like how I can track the progress of my team, and quiz them to ensure comprehension, as well as the different media I can implement to help drive home certain points.

Cons: The pricing model that does not include all of the features unless you pay the premium right off the bat. It takes a long time to get all of the systems into Trainual, and I am not able to release it right away to my team so I didnt want to pay the premium if they were not going to be able to access the features right away. I will probably upgrade to the premium later on and revamp my lessons, but I am a bit conflicted about having my team go through re-training at that point just to see some flashy new features that I would have liked to implement at the beginning.

by Trainual on 09/04/2021

Hi Wade! Thank you so much for leaving a review. We're so happy to hear that Trainual has helped to make your training process more efficient and you've been able to systemize your business with it! And thanks for your feedback on our different plans. The good news is that if you do upgrade, you won't have to make your team go through their training again (unless you'd like them to). Everyone's completion percentage will remain the same when you upgrade. If you do have additonal questions about upgrading or anything else, always feel free to reach out and we'll be glad to help!