• Overall
    4.8 /5

About Trainual

The all-in-one knowledge and training app that makes it easy to train and grow your team. Get your business out of your brain today.

Learn more about Trainual

Tomaree T.
Training Manager
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2021

"Trainual is Awsome!"

Comments: We needed Trainual to help with our onboarding and training processes. We love having everything in one place that can track the progress of the user. Our Onboarding process has been streamlined tremendously! Our agents now have a resource to access 24 hours a day 7 days a week when they have a question about a policy or procedure in our office. This has decreased the phone calls management receives on how to do something or where to find a document.

Pros: I love the video recording to share how to do a task. I also love that I can upload almost anything into Trainual to share with my team. It's easy to use and has helped tremendously at my office.

Cons: So far, I can't think of anything that I do not like about Trainual. It would be helpful to have more one on one time when developing our system. I feel like I'm still learning how to use the system sometimes. I wonder if I'm using it to the maximum capability.

by Trainual on 09/04/2021

Hi Tomaree! Thank you so much for taking the time to review Trainual. We're stoked to hear that it's helped you to completely streamline your onboarding process! If you ever need additional help to help you develop your system more, always feel free to reach out to our team and/or check out our training resources here: https://bit.ly/3uIu2LB. We're always here to help and want to make your set-up much easier!

• Reviewed on 22/03/2021
Art Manager
Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2021

"Trainual is key"

Comments: Easier training platform than the previous platform we used so there were fewer technical issues which saved us time fixing those issues during Training. It was a great experience overall.

Pros: The fact that we had to suddenly hire and train people in a short manner of time because of an unexpected surge of workload, the ease of transitioning to Trainual really helped. We were using a different software/platform before and it was a bit of a pain and we found Trainual a few months back before hiring, thankfully. Trainual is also perfect for our current needs. It's really easy to learn how to navigate around Trainual and learn how to use it from an Admin perspective. We didn't experience any technical issues along the way even from the user's side. I also liked the feature where you can see their progress in a detailed manner, like when did a specific user start on a course and when did they finish it.

Cons: There really aren't that many things I didn't like about it. I guess I would just push on considering adding more test styles/quiz styles. Additionally, I think we can add more details on the Reports, like the computed duration of how much time a user spent on a specific subject & course. Also, it'd be nice too if there was a feature where the courses & subjects are locked or set up to be taken in a specific order. These are the things on top of my head right now.

by Trainual on 12/04/2021

Hey there! Thanks so much for leaving us a review. We're excited to hear that Trainual helped your team effectively train your new employees in such a short amount of time! And we appreciate your feedback on the areas we can improve. We'll pass that on to our product team so we know where to focus on as we improve the platform. If there's anything else you need from us, always feel free to reach out and we'll be glad to help!

• Reviewed on 29/03/2021
Stephanie B.
Director of Implementation
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/08/2020

"Trainual is helpful beyond just the software"

Comments: Besides the software I really appreciate the podcasts and virtual classes that help businesses to be their best selves. Providing sessions on hiring, onboarding, and leading with empathy have been especially helpful for our team.

Pros: We didn't have written processes previous to using Trainual. This software has helped us get everything out of our heads and onto "paper" so that there is clear understanding across the board for what is expected from our employees and what they should expect from us as a company. It's easy to set up, easy to modify/customize, and easy to use. We are an HVAC contractor and not all of our employees are tech savvy. We've had no issues whatsoever in any of our employees using the software. And living in the new normal of social distancing this software has allowed us to hire, onboard, and train people virtually. We're better at these three items now than we ever were before and it's due to our use of Trainual.

Cons: I can't think of any issues we've had with the software.

by Trainual on 31/08/2020

Hi Stephanie, thanks for sharing your your Trainual experience. We're so excited to hear that implementation has been easy and that the platform has improved your processes and training! We hope it continues to positively impact your organization! Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have additional questions or feedback as you're getting started.

Tonya K.
Director of Customer Experience
Logistics & Supply Chain, 11-50 Employees

"Training made SIMPLE!"

Comments: Overall, trainual has been a lifesaver for me and my team. By using trainual as our training platform we are able to ramp up more new team members at one time and keep our open forums to high-level reviews of the material. This saves my trainers and supervisors hours of hand holding which in turn allows them to focus on their other daily tasks.

Pros: The use and navigation of the Trainual platform is simple and clear. My trainers are easily able to create new subjects within minutes. Also, having the ability to move entire sections from one subject to another makes life so much better. It would never work if we had to copy/paste and delete. We also love the reporting in Trainual. We can monitor our new trainees' progression and identify areas for improvement at a glance.

Cons: I cannot think of anything I don't like about trainual. It would be nice if we could choose our own color scheme to match that of our company.

by Trainual on 22/05/2019

Thanks for the review, Tonya - Glad we were able to simplify your process!

Sarah R.
Trainer
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees

"Training Make-over"

Comments: Overall it is great. Our business is set up with multiple locations across 4 states and it is has allowed the training to happen without the cost of long business trips. I would honestly say that Trainual helps me accomplish 80-90% of my goals with training and that really cuts down on the time and expenses spent traveling and training.

Pros: I love that I can add screenshots into the quizzes - it allows me to ensure that employees I have never met (due to hiring in a region I don't live in) understand what they are looking at. I love that in general I can have the benefit of a "hands-on" approach and thoroughly teach concepts and in actuality use up very little time to do so. Overall, Trainual is very helpful.

Cons: If I could change one thing - it would be Trainual creating the ability for us to upload videos directly to the website as opposed to having to go through youtube or Vimeo. Either the quality of the video is reduced by the time it gets to Trainual to the point where it's blurry and not really useful, or we have to pay a separate vendor to upload the videos, or we have to upload slowly over time. If that aspect were changed, I would give this software an 11/10.

by Trainual on 21/05/2019

Thanks for the feedback, Sarah! An in-app video platform is definitely on the roadmap. :)

Jonathan L.
General Manager
Logistics & Supply Chain, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2018

"Trainual - Great to Have!"

Comments: We have absolutely loved Trainual. The start of this year, we completely revamped our training program and with the support of Trainual software and their team, it has been a real game changer for us. We highly recommend this company and program to anyone and appreciate the continued support.

Pros: Easy to use and establish a whole training program for our entire team. Love that we can assign certain topics to team members, but also that they can go in and also request permission to other training we have built into the system.

Cons: The few instances where we have had recommendations and brought up to the Trainual team, they have been able to help us with a solution or have shown us how future versions of the software will address.

by Trainual on 16/10/2018

Thanks so much for the review, Jonathan! We are so happy to hear Trainual has been a game changer for your team! Stay tuned for more exciting things to come in 2019 :)

• Reviewed on 12/10/2018
Preston S.
Managing Shareholder
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2021

"A Game Changer for Company"

Comments: Our company has been using Trainual for about two months now. I see such value in the content that can be created in Trainual that I literally get up at 5am every day to write training content. And, I’m actually looking forward to hiring our next new staff person to put them through our new training program. All of this content will also not just be a training program that sits on a shelf forgotten somewhere, it will become our living company “Wiki” providing quick access to company knowledge.

Pros: The software is so intuitive and easy to use you just get in and go. It’s so much fun documenting our processes now and spicing the content up with interesting fonts, images, and videos.

Cons: It would be nice if videos could be uploaded directly to Trainual rather than linking them in from somewhere else like YouTube.

by Trainual on 12/04/2021

Hey, Preston - thank you so much for taking the time to review Trainual! We're super excited to hear that the platform has helped to make documenting your processes fun and that it's being used a company "wiki" for your internal information! That is so awesome to hear. And thanks for your feedback on video uploads. We'll pass over your suggestion to our product team so we know where to focus on when improving Trainual. If you ever have any questions, always feel free to reach out and we'll be glad to help!

• Reviewed on 31/03/2021
Tony A.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2019

"For a growing company absolutely amazing!"

Comments: Time saver and is allowing us to grow our company and our profits faster.

Pros: Our company is growing at 40-60% a year and we are so busy it is almost impossible to get someone trained to take off the workload and we have added 7 employees in the last 9 months. It has been essential to have to do the training once and then send everyone through it saving my manager a ton of time. It has been easy for us to setup tasks for the new hires to do as well as to have comprehensive tests that really get the new hires engaged.

Cons: It could be easier to install videos and photos.

by Trainual on 23/05/2019

Thanks for the review, Tony! We're working on an in-app video recorder, which should make adding videos a breeze -- Stay tuned!

Ross N.
Director of Operations
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2018

"Great for small and medium business documentation"

Comments: Trainual has been a great platform for us to document our business practices. We've also used it as a learning automation software for all of our training purposes. Great product.

Pros: Trainual is very easy to use and has very good functionality. Their support team is very responsive to questions and issues. New features are consistently rolled out and the product is getting better by the month. It's a great value.

Cons: A few small bugs here and there, but nothing that is too irritating. Any bug I run into usually gets resolved within a day or two.

by Trainual on 16/10/2018

Thanks for the review, Ross! It's always nice to hear from you and we know you'll love everything we have planned for 2019 :)

Wes H.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2019

"All your company's info in one place"

Comments: The platform is simple and easy. It's just a great way to capture everything you need to for your employees. Gone are the days of Google Docs and PDFs.

Pros: I love capturing all the company's procedures in one location. It makes it easy for new and old employees to search what they need and instantly get the answer.

Cons: The user interface currently is a little meh, but Trainual is constantly updating and listening to their users.

by Trainual on 21/05/2019

Thanks for your review, Wes! If you have any ideas you want to submit regarding our interface, feel free to visit trainual.com/ideas.?

Olga K.
Senior Auditor
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2020

"Trainual Basics for Creators"

Comments: Our company is using Tranual for comprehensive staff training: all aspects starting from the Company's introduction to specific areas of accounting and audit (how to do it, new requirements and even tests)

Pros: Trainual Basics for Creators. For me, it's a great platform to share my knowledge about blockchain with colleagues and outside users (in the nearest future).

Cons: For me, it is a bit difficult to use (just that I'm not an IT specialist and not a native English speaker).

by Trainual on 25/11/2020

Hi Olga! We appreciate that you took the time to leave a review of your Trainual experience. We're so happy that it's helped you share knowledge with your colleagues, and that it's been impactful for staff training. Please let us know if there's anything at all we can assist with moving forward!

• Reviewed on 24/11/2020
Mary F.
Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2018

"A breeze to use and monitor progress!"

Comments: I will continue to use trainual for all my future on-boarding needs. I always have support for questions. It is easy and effective.

Pros: Ease of use in posting and understanding set-up. The ability to monitor progress of team.

Cons: I wish the platform was available on an app instead of through a website and browser.

by Trainual on 15/10/2018

Thanks for the feedback, Mary! We do have an iOS and Android app on our product roadmap so stay tuned for exciting things to come! :)

We look forward to helping you train as you continue to open in new markets. Thanks for your support!

Leonard R.
Director of Performance
Sports, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/12/2018

"Trainual Helped Grow Our Golf Business"

Pros: The fact that we look very professional as a company in the pre-boarding process and that our new staff members get up to speed so much faster.

Cons: We are excited to see the features expand. More advanced ways to design tests and a way for the trainee to submit documents through Trainual.

by Trainual on 15/05/2019

Hi Leonard! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review -- We're so happy that you're loving Trainual. We'll be sure to let you know when we make updates to our testing functionality as well. ?

• Reviewed on 22/12/2018
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2019

"Trainual is a life-saver!"

Comments: The business problems we are solving involve capturing internal processes and getting consulting knowledge out of people's heads.

Pros: I like how easy it is to use. We used a much more expensive solution previously and training on the tool was a real problem. It was hard to set up. Trainual is so easy that anyone can use it quickly (even the CEO). When I found the tool, I had one day to prepare my first module to train new consultants. I was ready with the first three hours of training by the next day and completed 15 hours of training a few days after that. It was a life-saver! I like how we can easily capture files, video, audio, processes. It is easy to organize the training as well. Our business is complex and I was desperate to get all the internal knowledge into one centralized database.

Cons: It's a little hard to organize - we have a lot of modules - to support multiple job positions and to find what you need if it is not part of your original training. I want everyone in the company to be able to see what training is available to them.

by Trainual on 21/05/2019

Thanks for the great review -- So happy you found a good fit in Trainual!

Leslie L.
Accounting Assistant
Food Production, 51-200 Employees

"My review"

Comments: It was a great experience.

Pros: It was interesting, it kept my attention.

Cons: I really like the software, I couldn't find anything that I disliked.

by Trainual on 31/08/2020

Hi Leslie! Thanks for taking the time to share your Trainual review. We're thrilled to hear that you're having a great experience so far, and we hope you continue to find it impactful. We're always here if you have any additional feedback or questions!

Scott M.
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees

"Scott's Feedback"

Comments: Great customer support, great value, life saver for our business.

Pros: Everything that we've worked hard to put together over the years is in one spot. Also any time we want to add something new, there's no fear that it won't get transferred to our team. It's a great feeling not having to stress about making the same mistakes over and over again.

Cons: I wish that it was easier to review everyone's scores. It takes a lot of steps to do this, seems like there could be an easier way.

by Trainual on 16/10/2018

Thanks for the review, Scott! It's been a pleasure working with you and we're happy to hear Trainual is helping to alleviate some stress for you!

We will be taking a deeper look into Reports next year so I'll be sure to reach out regarding what you'd like to see changed :) Thanks again!

Laurel W.
Logistics Manager
Events Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2019

"A Huge Time and Effort Relief"

Comments: I am very excited to use Trainual for our business. Before someone told me about this app, I was feeling very anxious about the amount of work it would take to put together a training program and collect all of our procedures effectively. Now I see a light at the end of the proceduralizing tunnel!

Pros: I love that this software is designed to help create procedures that can then be used for training. This will be a giant time savings tool while we are restructuring our company and setting up training procedures that have never been formalized here before.

Cons: It would be great if there was a way to formally group some subjects together . I did discover that you can do this through creating roles that group them together. Employees can also have more than one role so this wouldn't effect the job roles fortunately, but I have yet to try it out to see how it works for us.

by Trainual on 21/05/2019

Thanks for the review, Laurel -- Happy you see the light! ?

Susan H.
Client Service Representative
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2020

"Trainual Layout and ease of use make it"

Comments: Great tool for writing company specific Howtos

Pros: Easy to use. I have worked at other companies with training software and it was not user friendly to navigate.

Cons: I cannot think of anything that I really do not like about it.

by Trainual on 03/06/2020

Hi Susan, we're so happy to hear you are enjoying your experience with Trainual. If there is anything at all that we can do to help, don't hesitate to reach out!

• Reviewed on 08/05/2020
Emily L.
Content Coordinator
Business Supplies & Equipment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2018

"Great tool for any business!"

Pros: Trainual is not only a great tool for getting new hires on track, but it's also been a great tool for our company to manage and update processes. This is a lifesaver when team members with niche roles are unavailable.

Cons: When adding in lots of subjects, Trainual can get a little cluttery, but we have found ways to organize using naming conventions.

by Trainual on 15/10/2018

Thanks for the review, Emily! We are thrilled to see you not only using our platform for new hires but also for updates to existing policies.

Trainual <3 CO+HOOTS!

Mohammad A.
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2019

"From Accounting Biz, LLC. Thank you!"

Comments: The more we use Trainual the more we love it! It's been a blessing to get our processes and systems in Trainual and out of our minds which makes scaling a lot easier and faster.

Pros: What we love the most about Trainual is that we are able to scale our company faster and easier with our processes and systems in one place. Hiring just got a lot easier, now we get our business out of our brains and focus.

Cons: I can't think of any cons so far using Trainual.

by Trainual on 21/05/2019

Thanks for the feedback, Mohammad! ?

Client Success Manager

"Great resource"

Comments: Trainual has made the onboarding a lot more seamless. I feel confident that our new agents will have access to all the necessary info to make them successful at their job. Highly recommend!

Pros: The thing I like the most about Trainual is that it is extremely easy to use & explain to other people.

Cons: I think the interface could use some minor improvements, but other than that, I am very satisfied!

by Trainual on 03/06/2019

Thanks for the great review! We're happy we were able to simplify your training process.

Lisa L.
Business Development/Account Manager
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees

"User of Software."

Comments: A huge help working at a company that is remote. I have had to learn on my own and Trainual has been a huge asset.

Pros: The ease of use. When starting a new position at a new company there are many questions. I recommend using Trainual for new hire orientation/training to help ease the transition and get productions stated faster then traditional training manuals. And updating playbooks and SOP's are much easier then editing Power Point or Word Doc's.

Cons: I do not see any dislikes in the time I have been using it.

by Trainual on 31/08/2020

Hi Lisa, thank you for taking the time to share your Trainual review. We're thrilled to hear that the platform has helped with remote learning and training. We hope that it continues to make a positive impact on your organization! Please don't hesitate to reach out if we can help with anything as you are getting started.

Sharon W.
Benefits Compliance Specialist
Management Consulting, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2020

"Depend on this resource daily."

Comments: Working reference for all of my work assignments. Wouldn't be able to complete these tasks without it.

Pros: Ease of use and quick reference box. The look is simple enough without wasting time finding a specific topic.

Cons: If you have a lot of courses you have to scroll down.

by Trainual on 19/11/2020

Hi Sharon! We're delighted to hear that you like our quick reference feature and that it's been helpful to your work. If there is anything we can assist with moving forward, don't hesitate to reach out!

• Reviewed on 16/11/2020
Renea D.
Operations
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/03/2021

"Excellent Learning Tool!"

Pros: This tool is excellent for training employees whether you have 1 or 1000 team members. I love that you can always refer back to a section if you forget how to do something.

Cons: Not all modules in the software apply to every team member, I wish there was a way to omit modules that certain employee types didn't need.

by Trainual on 12/04/2021

Hi Renea - thank you so much for leaving us an awesome review! We're so happy to hear that Trainual has leveled up your employee training experience. And we appreciate your feedback on omitting modules. One way to make specific modules invisible for employees who don't need the training is to go into the Admin view of a subject, click the three dots on the top right of the screen, and then toggle the "Available in Library?" option off. That way, only the employees you grant access to use that module will be able to see it in their library. Here is a picture to reference where the toggle is located: https://imgur.com/a/0GSrJxk. If you need anything else from us, always feel free to reach out and we'll be glad to help. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

• Reviewed on 25/03/2021
Katie K.
Outside Sales Consultant
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/08/2020

"Frequent User Of Trainual"

Comments: So far it has been such a great tool for training & also using as a 'library' where I can search various categories, products, etc. so that I always know I can go to 1 place to find an answer I am looking for

Pros: I love that I have access to an entire library of information at any time. I used Trainual when I first started to complete the training, but use it often to look up information I may need.

Cons: I have not run into any features that I have been disappointed with at this time.

by Trainual on 17/09/2020

Hello Katie! Thank you for leaving such a thoughtful review of your Trainual experience. We're glad that the software has been a beneficial reference tool! Please do not hesitate to reach out if we can help with anything as you are getting started.

• Reviewed on 24/08/2020